Old 06-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/168.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Exchanges - how do you figure them out?

Is there a way to figure out the exchanges for a meal if you have the nutritional information? For example, I have some "Dream Dinner" (meals that you make at a business and take home and freeze - Super Suppers, Supper Thyme, etc.) meals in my freezer and just started my Gold program with LAWL.

Is there a way to figure out what exchanges I should be marking off on my monthly tracker if I use such a meal?

Luckily, most packaged food products have the diabetic exchanges on them, so I am assuming we can use those as a guideline.

Weight Watchers was handy that way - you could always calculate points values from ANYTHING, as long as you had the nutrional values.

If LAWL has a similar calculation, it would be GREAT!!

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Zaphron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Since you were the one the packaged the meals, you probably know what's in them. There's no "calculator" like with WW, or diabetic exchanges as LAWL is all its own thing. Just try to figure out the individual ingredients by listing them all (i.e., 4 chicken breasts, 1c tomato sauce, etc.) and then break it down by servings. Like if you had a dish that served four that was 4 proteins, 4 fats, 2 veggies, etc. You divide it all by four for 1P,1Fa,1/2V. If all else fails, take the nutritional info with you to your next COD appt. and have them calculate it for you. Good luck!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/168.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks, Cassi...good idea. Guess I will take notes next time I assemble dinners.
Zaphron is offline   Reply With Quote