South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 06:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Warblings

Good Morning!

Woke up to a drizzle, but the sun is coming out in a little while and it's supposed to be a delightful day in the low 70's. That's more like my kind of weather!
I have a load of laundry in the dryer and am making some pasta salad for Jake right now before I go to Curves. I have to get over to Cindy's around 9:30, so I have a little time to do some things around here.
I've been doing great, eating OP, but I'm still waiting for that big "whoosh! My scale hasn't budged in over a week! Oh well, my clothes are feeling loser and I feel great, so I'm not complaining.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:17 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat

Good morning and Welcome to Wednesday aka Hump Day. The first time a guy referred to Hump Day, I nearly swatted him!

It looks like we may finally see the sun today after rain, rain, rain! Frost was predicted last night but the weatherman was wrong again. It's June for heaven's sake!

I have a trip to the gym on the schedule in about an hour and will finish one last sorting job when I get home. Lucy and I do pet therapy at the Clinic early this afternoon, a friend is coming for tea and I have a Garden Club meeting at 7:15 so it's one of those busy days. I do plan to get some herbs out of their pots and into the ground even if I have to do it in the dark!

How big is your hump today?
Old 06-06-2007, 07:15 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, girls!

My hump was two days ago since I'm a wonk-head and started out on a Friday! So now that it's Wednesday, I'm all excited to have almost made it through one week on Phase 1 with no cheating! That plan actually worked out pretty well because weekends are my most challenging days, temptation-wise, and to be at the beginning of the "week" diet-wise kept me motivated to get through that hard time without giving in.

It was thundering a couple minutes ago, but I don't hear anything now. I'm hoping the rain either goes all-out over night or holds out until Friday because I have to walk the two miles to base with all three kids tomorrow (and then back again!) for my son's martial arts class. He's the only one in class so we *have* to go.

The kids are getting in trouble in the TV room so I'd better get them bathed and into bed.

Have a good day all!

Kara

P.S. Ruth, you're going to have to pass on some herb-growing tips. I would LOVE to be a gardener but my thumb is whatever-color-is-opposite-green!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:23 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oh, you early birds! I got up early today (even before the birds) 'cause I couldn't sleep...decided to come online with a cup of tea and figure out what to make in my new Pampered chef mini bundt cake stoneware. I noticed it in my pantry yesterday while doing the floors and thought, "I should use that!" I'm thinking of making an Almond poundcake recipe from my Fantastic Foods with Splenda cookbook--it uses light sour cream and unsweetened applesauce instead of butter. Looks yummy, and the little individual portion sizes should help with portion control. As soon as they're cool, all the extras go into the freezer!

Good for you staying OP, Cottage! Loose clothes are a great thing, and I'm sure that whoosh is coming!!!

I love that you are having a friend for tea, Ruth! That's so British!!! I'm so glad that you're still going to the gym...how's your knee?

Kara, GOOD for you for getting through nearly a week with no cheating! That's how to do it, girl!!! <--you get to do that in a week...

I have my tough gym class in about two hours...better get a move on so I'm ready to get there early...the class is super popular and we run out of equipment and space pretty fast! I think once there were 22 people packed into our little aerobics room!

Hope everyone has a great day! We'll have Cottage's weather here today...but it was SO cold last night that I can believe the frost warnings! Our veggie garden is in, though, so I'm praying nothing was hurt!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:31 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Have fun at exercise class, Laurie!

Where are you going in Europe?

Kara
Old 06-06-2007, 07:34 AM   #6  

Morning gals!

Laurie Are you still having trouble getting yourself to bed and sleeping? I must admit that is one problem I don't have!

Ruth Tea with a friend does sound lovely. Enjoy!

Cottage That is wonderful that your clothes are fitting well! The Whoosh Fairy will come, just stick to it! Send me some , will you??

Kara How old are your kiddos? I am trying to imagine a 2 mile trek with mine- could be interesting!

Me- Another morning of VBS. It is so fun, although completely exhausting! Well worth all the time and effort that goes into it, though, that is for sure! Someone made a passing comment about me directing it next year, don't know if that is something I am ready to tackle as it is a HUGE job! We shall see.

Eating was perfection until bedtime..... grrrr..... today is a new day. (How many times can I say that??)
Old 06-06-2007, 07:37 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Connor is five, Kadyn is two, and Avery just turned one last Wednesday. We have one of those nifty hiking backpacks that Avery rides in, Kadyn lounges in the stroller, and Connor walks. Well, he really more like runs/pretends he's Spider Man/skips/walks backward... You get the picture. He's five. And he's got the scrapes and bruises to prove it!

Kara
Old 06-06-2007, 08:02 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks..... it is foggy here today with a threat of rain. Though the weatherman said the sun was going to come out this afternoon. We will see.

I was going to start ph1 today but my mouth is still very sore. So I am not really eating anything. Grr. I am so hungry it is not funny.

Ruth- Have a great time chatting and drinking tea.
Kiko- Come on girl you can do it. Buy some gum. Sugar free of course.
Kara- Have a fun walk with the kiddos. Great way to get your exercise with one on your back and pushing one.
Cottage- You whoosh will come, but baggy clothes feel better than the number on the scale.
Beach-Have fun at exercise class.

Well gonna to dash and make some tea. Have a great day.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:03 AM   #9  

IV DRIP STAT
oooh much much better! Now where was I?

Cottage: Hang in thar babalooie! That whoosh is a comin!

Ruth: Teas and Garden clubs..sounds so purfectly Southin! I think you should wear a hat too.

Kara: to the daily chats! You're doin FABULOUS!

BG: I remember the days of running out to cover the little sprigs with plastic to protect them from frost... you'd a think I was growin gold.

Kiko: Kudos to you ! Directing sounds like a big job indeed.. i hope it doesnt dampen your passion or enjoyment.

I'm sooo exxxcited! I've been talking with this company about a job oppty and they are flying me to Boston next week for a face to face meeting with "who I'll be working with". So it sounds like just a formality. I get to work from home, and fly out to visit with the client'... and then it may turn into a full time job. Its a challenging assignment - one I can sink my teeth into! After near 2 years of not working, I am sooooo ready to get back and use my noodle So now I haveta find something to wear on this interview. fingers

Last edited by Schatzi; 06-06-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Morning Ladies.... hope all is going well.
swamped at work as usual
sticking to plan... scale holding steady at 235.4 for a few days but that puts me at a 51 pounds loss in 13 months... not bad for a fat chick...
Old 06-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Nessa, you rock! Keep up the good attitude!!!

Schatzi, thanks for the welcome! I'm excited to hear how your interview went. I've only been on this board for a couple days and everyone is so nice that I find myself rooting for successes in all aspects of their lives. Have a good flight! (Your avatar always makes me smile!)

Kara
Closed Thread