40-Somethings - Eaten Healthy

View Full Version : Eaten Healthy

TraceyJ
06-04-2007, 04:37 PM
My name is Tracey and I am 41 yrs old:) I am married and have 3 wonderful kids. This past week my father-n-law had a heart attack and had triple by-pass surgery. He stated that it was time for things to change. He doesnt know how true that it. For the last 20yrs I have been battling my weight and I dont wont to do it anymore. This time its not about the scales its about me getting healthy for me and my kids. :D I want to do my part in preventing as many health problems as I can but at the rate I am going I am on a course for disaster. i have tried just about every diet there is , some have been successful others have not but I have never been able to keep the weight off for more than a yr or 2 because I never changed my ways. I only worried about the scales. I would appreciate any advice , support, :hug: menus, receipes, ect. that you think might help. I want to change my life and I know with that I will lose weight.:carrot:

Slashnl
06-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Welcome! You have some great reasons for losing weight! Glad you've taken the time to post here!

Janny O
06-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Hi Tracey-we're here for you!! You can get all kinds of great information, support, etc. here. Diane is right-just being on this website means that you want a change for the better.
Good luck in your journey.
Jan

SoulBliss
06-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Welcome! Check out the "whole foods" and "vegan" areas of the board for lots of tips and examples of healthy ways to eat!

TraceyJ
06-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks so much for your replies!!! I will check outh the whole food and vegan areas. Soulbliss I love your goal!!!

kiwichic
06-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Hi Traceyj , I have been battling my weight for what seems for ever as well and I am so sick of it. I just want to get to a reasonable weight be fit and enjoy my life. So I know how you feel and know you will do well here :)