Support Groups - Former Chub Clubers, it's December!

mailwhale
12-03-2001, 12:42 PM
December 3rd in fact...a Monday... a new month, a new week, a good time to start anew! 2 years ago I actually lost weight during the month of December so I know it can be done. Today I feel like I could succeed...and that is nice for a change :)

We went snow-mobiling this weekend and one benefit is that I couldn't eat and ride at the same time so I'm not starting off the week feeling bloated. I wore some mens XL snow pants :( but I could still get into mine sometime this season, why not sooner than later....maybe for new years if I behave!

No decorations for us here except the advent calendar and wreath...my wreath needs help this year...at least some new bows or something...it is looking dated and ratty really. I should really take everything off, re-wrap the form, straighten out the greens and dust, then re-insert stuff. Yes, that is a good plan!

Happy and Healthy December wishes everyone!

flower
12-03-2001, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the December thread Mailwhale. I kept meaning to do it! :)

I have to clean some more for familiy company. Oh boy fun. But I managed to get the front half of the house done yesterday. Only a half to go!!! I am eating entirely too much take out. That will stop in 2 weeks when I am off for Winter break. Thank goodness!!! ~audri

karefree2
12-03-2001, 09:08 PM
email me, okay?
Karen

flower
12-04-2001, 10:13 AM
K- I am not sure I have the current email for you and I have no idea on how to acess my diary email list. So, I sent it to the yahoo address I have. I am also gonna send you a private message on this site. So you will get it one way or another. I haven't tackled my cards yet. So unfair. I wanted to be on top of things this year!!!!

karefree2
12-04-2001, 08:23 PM
How 'bout it gals? Want some merry mail from me. Leave you address they way Audri did or email me.

Karen

BTW That email was the right one. I got it too.

flower
12-04-2001, 10:10 PM
KF- the way you leave a private message is to go to the person who you wish to leave a message for and hit the pm button. Then you can leave a message just for them. Kinda cool!!!

~audri

karefree2
12-06-2001, 09:31 AM
I meant to live a post and started a new thread....oh well, senility, I guess.

I need some addresses, ya'll!

Karen:)

flower
12-07-2001, 10:09 AM
I had a serious munching binge last night. A tall glass of dr pepper, a bowl of chocolate mint icecream (2 big scoops), at least 1 cup of goldfish crackers-if not more!!! I wasn't even hungry. I had 6 ribs and a cup of black beans for dinner!!! I know better!

karefree2
12-07-2001, 12:05 PM
Was it the lactaid free ice cream or are you paying for it today? Now is a difficult time of year. Not only is there a lot a temptation but we are so rushed and busy that convenience sometimes takes precidence. The easiest road, you know? Don't worry. You will make up for it.

Are we alone here? MW, where are you. I still need addresses. Itsworthit? Sandy? Dolphin?

karefree

flower
12-07-2001, 03:10 PM
I took 2 lactaids with the icecream and I only had a few burbs, not gassy or crampy feeling. It had been awhile since I had any dairy. Thank goodness! I got my car tuned up! Yeah, now to get everyone haircuts and pick up cupcakes for the party tomorrow. 11 so far of 8 year old boys at the skating rink. I am insane! ~audri

mailwhale
12-07-2001, 09:15 PM
I was here a couple days ago, got distracted trying to figure out how to send private messages and I guess I didn't post....

Anyway, Karen I am poor at cards...I'd just feel guilty if you sent one and I didn't get one out to ya...as I'll surely feel with the rest I receive. It is one of those projects I just don't enjoy, and feel burdoned with - when hubby does not help out. One year I just signed my name...oh the rummors. But why should I sign his name if he won't contribute to the project???? gifts anything! He did put up some lights on the house, but left a big mess in the garage...and probably won't take them down till I nag him to death at Easter.... tis happened this way many a time :(

But other than those two projects, I'm approaching the holidays with much peace and joy. feel quite in the spirit and have been a good little dieter as well...no pigging that is, even declined a cocktail at a dinner out...hard for me, I like my toddies! :dizzy:

gonna make cinnamon dough ornaments tonight...fun, fun fun! and they are not edible! Baking without the temtation!

flower
12-08-2001, 10:04 AM
I want to make cinnomin dough ornaments. How about some directions and a recipe???

I on the other hand enjoy sending out xmas cards. I like letter writing. I am wierd. Chris and I decided that our gift to ourselves would be the fiber optic tree. I love it. I will hanger ornaments tomorrow morning. No untangleing the lights on the tree. Yippeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have decided Fridays are free days. I can eat junk and not feel guilty. We always get fast food on Chris's payday so why fight it. So I have a day to splurge and then go back to veggies on Saturday.

Today is the birthday skating party. Oh, this is gonna be way fun. NOT!!!!! But it will be over at 4 and I can enough the rest of the holiday season. 2 hours is not that long. ~aud

Itsworthit
12-08-2001, 10:56 AM
Just a quick note to let you know I'm still here in Texas but will be flying out to Colorado Springs the 15th, to spend Christmas with my both of my children and grandson.. taking advantage of some 're-coup' time. Karefree and everyone.. I'm going to be on the move for awhile, but if you'd like to stay in touch by snailmail during these months, please send me your address by Private Msg here before the 15th.. I'd love to hear from you and will write.

The first week in Jan I'll fly on to Oregon to spend most of Jan, Fed & early Mar with mom's. Back to CO... then Texas the end of Mar to see acct for taxes. After that my 'what/where's' are still uncertain. Am praying much about that.

Also praying each of you will have healthy, Happy Holiday's!

PS Mailwhale, please do post your recipe for cinnamon dough ornaments- sounds like a good thing! One of the 'Christmas Home's' we visited last week, was decorated with gingerbread cookie ornaments on every tree and garland... smelled wonderful!

Sandy3830
12-08-2001, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone. Hubby and I just got back from a vacation that we were supposed to take last September. We had a good time. It sorta messes up getting things done for Christmas though.

We are going to get our tree this afternoon, then tonight we are going to a hockey game for hubbys work Christmas party, it should be fun. I suppose tomorrow I should get some decorating done lol.

Mailwhale, snowmobiling aready? We don't have any snow around here yet, supposed to get some tonight. It has been in the 60's & 70's here last week. Really strange weather.

I haven't gotten to sending out the cards either, guess I should do that soon also. Hubby doesn't help with that. Mostly all he does is set up his train, set up the tree and put the lights on it. My daughter helps decorate the tree but somehow I end up doing all the rest lol.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

karefree2
12-09-2001, 01:22 PM
Paul had to delete everything and re-install it. I think there is too much on the computer and we need more memory. My niece is coming in a few weeks and will install it for us. . . . If I can just hold on until then.

Emailing you Sandy.

MailWhale, don't feel bad. Some years I don't do cards either. When I started getting them from people I didn't recognize it kind of lost some of the appeal but this year I wanted to. Maybe it was the 9-11 thing.

Itsworthit, you have a pm. Be careful with all that travel. I couldn't get on a plane now. I know that is silly but I can't help it.

Jesse got laid off yesterday and is very upset about it. Says he may go to college. That IS a good thing. Every cloud....

Karen

flower
12-11-2001, 09:19 AM
Hello. I am busy these days. I had Ri's b-day and now I am job hunting. I don't want to drive to the west side of town next semester esp not for a pt no benifits job. So I have applied at the Rio and Circus Circus florists. I have a better chance at the Rio. (high style instead of just wedding work). I am going to call the hotels once a week and listen to their job hotlines and will aplly to those who need visuals or flowers. Something will happen! Mailwhale-ornament reciepe please! :)

karefree2
12-11-2001, 02:02 PM
And good luck on your job search.

flower
12-11-2001, 06:22 PM
I have a 9 am interview at the Rio on Thursday morning!!!

Itsworthit
12-11-2001, 06:55 PM
Wishing you the best, Audri.. you'll do great! Let us know how it goes.. hope to hear before I have to leave Saturday.

I'll be here in TX until Sat- then off to Colorado Springs. I'll have online access there for three weeks... then it'll be a search for a computer at some library, while I'm in Oregon. It's not possible for me to try to take my laptop.. I've too many other things I need to get out to the kids.

Thanks everyone, for your PM's.. and I'll be in touch by snailmail, if necessary. You guys are a special connection, and I wish you all the best!

My sis is having a huge open house here- expecting between 75-90 guests Friday night, so life is going to get very hectic here shortly. Wish you could all see her home.. she has 6 Christmas trees loaded.. and 10 wreaths, garlands everywhere... it's beautiful. Dave and I never really decorated for Christmas, so this isn't what I'm used to!

Good thing about it is that we'll be too busy ahead of time preparing goodies, and I won't be around for the leftovers! So, I know I'll get in some more than I should, but this year I'm not counting them. Eating is hard enough to do as it is.. totally unappealing for the most part, but not the best for health. I've been thinking it's a good time to start setting some health goals for the new year...

Take care! Hope all's well with everyone!

karefree2
12-12-2001, 11:00 AM
Snail mail, that is. I look forward to corresponding with you that way. Makes me feel nostalgic. Take care of yourself, okay?

Audri, good luck on your interview tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Karen

Itsworthit
12-12-2001, 11:36 AM
Thanks, Karefree.. that's something special to look forward to! :) I'll be staying in touch thru snailmail, too.. thankfully that's still an option.

All's well here except it's been raining.. just wondering if that means you 'northerner's' are getting lots of snow? Don't give up about NH, Sandy.. from all the acorns we saw in VT this fall, I'll bet you have a good ol' winter just waiting to give you lots for some good snowmobiling, soon!

TTYS!

flower
12-12-2001, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the wishes. I will update sometime tomorrow. I am going to get lost in a paperback this evening. I do not want to stress. I do not want to stress eat like all day yesterday.

Sandy3830
12-12-2001, 10:47 PM
I've been keeping busy trying to finish up the shopping. Also my Dad had a cataract operation on Monday, so I have to go put the drops in his eye a few times a day. He is doing good, can see better today then yesterday.

Aurdi, good luck with your interview tomorrow. I hope you get something that you like.

Karefree, it would be great if you son started college, you really can't get much of a job without some sort of a degree now a days.

We got about 3 or 4 inches of snow over the weekend but it is all melted now. It's been very warm around here lately. We don't even have any ice on our pond in NH yet, that is very unusual. We were supposed to get a lot of snow this winter but it doesn't look like it right now. Just have to wait and see:) .

mailwhale
12-13-2001, 01:14 AM
Here I am....

My cousin said that she uses equal parts cinnamon and apple sauce, mix really well roll pretty thin, be sure and put a hole for the hanger in and just let dry for 3-4 days on wax paper.

I found quite a few different recipes I get the big cinnamon at Costco anyway, but didn't have much left so I decided to make the regular salt dough and replaced 1/2 cup of the flour with cinnamon, then also added a tsp of cloves and one tsp of ginger. 5 days later the dough is still in the refridgerator....hmmm. So I can't tell you all how it works, but it smells good even through the plastic wrap!

Good luck on the interview Aud!!!!! And safe travels Itsworthit!....I agree, we should all be making plans for a healthy new year! Dare I say slim????? And yes Sandy, we've got quite a bit of snow and it's not been warm here for a long time, brrrrr. Thanks for understanding about the cards Kare... some years is good enough! :dizzy: mailwhale

karefree2
12-13-2001, 02:36 PM
in a food dehydrator. Would smell great while they were in there too!

Sandy, I have my fingers crossed about the college....

Audri, hope you get the job you want.

Itsworthit, I malled your card yesterday.

Things are about the same around here. Rainy day blues.

Karen

flower
12-13-2001, 06:16 PM
The interview went great. Too great. He wants me for a better position but he must find money in the budget for it. I am too creative for a clerk position. Duh...but I need a job! He even sent me a thankyou note! via email. I should know within 2 weeks. Keep your thoughts good for me. k? I would be doing decor for conventions and partys. Themes and props and party work. I love it! It exceeds my wildest dreams. I was made for it!!! ~audri

Itsworthit
12-14-2001, 12:25 AM
How exciting for you, Audri... sounds like a job that fits you perfectly! Good sign too, that he emailed like that. I'll be praying that it works out for you.. Keep us posted!

karefree2
12-14-2001, 12:24 PM
and good job vibes out to Nevada!;)

I have to go to the mall. I am really not looking forward to it. The Christmas crowds will be horrible but I HAVE to go!

Talk to you gals later,
Karen

Sandy3830
12-15-2001, 10:52 AM
Audri, that job sounds really good, I'm sure you would enjoy that.

Karefree, did you have fun at the mall lol? I still have some shopping to finish up, mainly stocking stuffers.

I think we're going to make cookies today, probably not a good thing lol. I have been eating everything in sight since we got home from vacation. I think some of it is stress eating also. Who said holidays are fun?:dizzy:

Enjoy your weekend.:)

flower
12-16-2001, 05:18 PM
HELP!!!! I am addicted to Microwave kettlecorn!!!!!!

karefree2
12-17-2001, 09:12 AM
It wasn't too, too bad though. I got in and got out as quickly as possible.

Audri, what in the world is kettle corn? Pop corn, maybe.

MailWhale, how did your ornaments turn out?

Itsworthit, wish I was there to sample all those goodies you are making. I love sweets. They are my arch enemy and they always win the battle!:o

flower
12-17-2001, 10:18 AM
Kettlekorn is a popcorn that is slightly sweet slightly salty. A lighter tasting version of carmel corn kinda. They sell it outside at the farmer markets. But I like the home microwave versions better. Someday try it. Act popcorn brand has one and so does another name brand. No, I take that back, don't try it, you may get addicted too. :)

My {.} is way heavy today. I do not want to go to work. I would rather go crawl back into bed and go to sleep. I think I will go get some Midol before work. But today is the last day of my fall contract. 6 hours till winter break!!!! Then I make a shopping list for my baking. I want to make buckeyes and zuc bread and pumpkin loaf and peanut brittle.

flower
12-18-2001, 10:04 AM
Griffin was bit by our bassett hound yesterday. 60+ stitches in the face. No she never bit before. No more dogs here. I can't do it. The bassett was impounded last night, NV law for 10 days. The swelling is so bad this morning. It will scar. A plastic surgeon fixed him at UMC. He got to ride in an ambulance from one hospital to another. It happened at 1ish and we got home at 9. Long sad day. We will see at 1 year and again in 4 years if plastic surgury is needed. My beautiful baby. Can you say a prayer for him for quick healing?? :( audri

Sandy3830
12-18-2001, 02:23 PM
What an awful thing to happen, Audri. I will say a prayer for Griffin and you. How old is he? I hope it heals quickly. Take care of yourself and your son.

flower
12-18-2001, 08:56 PM
Thanks Sandy, Grif is 14 months old.

Sandy3830
12-19-2001, 12:08 PM
Audri, how are you and Griffin doing today? I'm sure it is harder on you then it is on him. Will keep you in my prayers.

I'm keeping busy trying to finish everything up, hopefully I'm done in time for Christmas.:) I've been busy with my Dad, have to go over and put drops in his eye a few times a day. Took him to the eye doctor this morning and the eye that had the cataract now has 20/20 vision, so he is doing really good.:)

Hope everyone isn't stressing out over the holidays. I made cookies last weekend, big mistake. I think I'll have to make more this weekend lol. They really are good. I'm not eating all of them, hubby & daughter are helping.

mailwhale
12-20-2001, 08:19 PM
Oh Audri! I am so, so, sorry! Good Grief, 60 stitches, I can't imagine. Oh Griffin! Heal quickly! My prayers are with you both!

My ornaments turned out okay...we used really little cookie cutters...I think they would be more impressive if they were bigger. They smell like cinnamon if you are close, but don't fill the room they way the applesauce kind do....maybe those would be better....

I think I am putting off healthy behavior until Jan 2 :dizzy: I can just tell that is my frame of mind for now.... darn!

Itsworthit
12-21-2001, 04:03 AM
Hello from CO.. Audri, I'm so sorry to hear about Gif! That happened to a neice of mine when she was about that age and she's a beautiful young woman today, without having to undergo plastic surgery. Her scaring is barely noticeable- you'd never notice if you weren't looking for it. It's amazing how children heal... I'll pray that Gif will heal quickly -with little scaring. How's he (and you) doing today?

Sandy, I'm so glad to hear that your Dad's eye surgery had such good results... that's wonderful news. Any snow up your way, yet??

Sorry I'm so long in touching base again.. I'd lost my connection here and hadn't been notified of any msg's of late, so got to wondering why. Had to re-log in again <one of those DUH moments>.. will talk with you all soon. Have a good Friday.. and weekend, everyone!

PS Thank you, Karefree!!! :)

flower
12-21-2001, 09:54 AM
I am so freaking overwhelmed this week. Tonight I make the turkey and the fixings. We are opening gifts after dinner. I do not want to hear about them any more from my children. Everyone needs a distraction.
Tomorrow is my nephews first b-day party. (actually it is the 24th)
Sun early is a surprise baby shower for my sis in law. Gotta go, she threw my first shower. That night my sisters and their children and husbands are coming over for finger foods and gifts.
Monday night is at Chris's parents for chicken soup and dumplings and presents.
Xmas morn after the stockings, is my moms and after that is Terry's mom's.
I WANT THIS OVER WITH!!!!

Grif fell on his tummy yesterday right before the docs. Blood, pus, water everywhere. So very gross, like a big pimple. But doc assured me no damage done and it needed to drain. He is a big more hyper, but he doesn't sleep that well. I did go to sleep at 9 only to wake up at 1 to hear all about Chris's night at work. The Marines came in to KB's and bought over 40,000$ of barbies, wrestling figures, finger boards/bikes and various games. They gave them a 8 thousand dollar discount. Chris wants to go in work tonight to restock. But tonight is YULE. But he and I aren't exchanging gifts so I suppose a couple hours won't kill me after the excitement. If he doesn't go in today, it will be tomorrow...

How is my diet. Bah Humbug. I skipped on getting a dessert tonight for our big dinner. Nothing looked good. So, forget it. I am drinking lots of gatorade. I am craving it. Well, after I survive this week, I will get back on track.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!! aud

Sandy3830
12-21-2001, 02:00 PM
Audri, I think you need to take a deep breath and relax for a few minutes. I hope you and Grif start sleeping better, you are still in my prayers.

Itsworthit, how do you like CO? We don't have any snow here yet but I think it might have snowed a little in NH. I haven't been there in a few weeks, hopefully we will be able to spend New Years Eve there. Not sure what the plans are yet.

Mailwhale, I'm with you, not gonna start with the healthy lifestyle again till after the holidays.

Karefree, how is everything going?

I have all my shopping and wrapping done. Have to clean house this weekend and make more cookies lol.

Have a great weekend everyone.:)

karefree2
12-22-2001, 09:38 AM
Audri, I am so sorry about Griffin. I am praying that he will heal quickly and with as little scarring as possible. I was bitten by a dog at a quite young age (on the nose actually) . I am sure it was more traumatic for my mother than it was for me so I am adding a prayer for you also. Grif will be alright, I am sure.

Things here have been hectic. Old Navy is having some FABULOUS sales. Got lots of good buys there for Jesse. Hope they are the right size. He is SOOOOO particular.

Itsworthit, you are welcome. Hope you are enjoying the family time.

Sandy, I had to laugh at your cookie statement. I am not going to start until the company is on the way. Jesse eats the cookies BEFORE they cool! LOL!

MailWhale, your cookie ornaments sound adorable. Makew me wish I had made some. Well, maybe next year!

Wouldn't it be nice if when we finished doing laundry we WERE finished. Ahhhhh...to never have dirty clothes.

Happy Holidays,

Karen

Itsworthit
12-22-2001, 10:40 AM
Hello friends... we have a couple of inches of snow on the ground, but bright blue skies, so it probably won't last long. Sandy, I'm enjoying CO Springs... it's a very bustling little community.. went with my son to Garden of the God's <just on the outskirts of town now!> a couple of days ago... those beautiful rock formations always awe me!

Speaking of cookies... my daughter wants to try out her new cookie press today.. plus last night we went thru a bunch of cookie and dessert recipes - picked out some awfully yummy sounding ones, so this morning we're heading out for ingredients and soon the house will be smelling very holiday-ish! Karefree, had to laugh at your comment about Jesse eating them before they cool... that's our dilemma here, too! That... or just the raw dough disappearing! Oh well... that's tradition around our house.

And speaking of COOKIES... has anyone heard from CookieM???? I miss her... if anyone has her email address, could you PM it to me? She was part of KareFree's and my 'Chub Club' group and it's sad to have lost connections with her. <If you check in here, CM.. know we're thinking of you! We'd love to hear from you.. you're not forgotten!!>

Wishing you all HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

karefree2
12-23-2001, 10:12 AM
Family isn't coming to our house until next Saturday so Christmas will be just me and Paul and Jesse. I have the pre-cooked 10 pound turkey and dressing and cranberry sauce (Wal-Mart) in the freezer. I'll take it out this evening to thaw in the frig. A Sara Lee cheesecake is in there also. I am making some of those EASY no bake cookies and a few side dishes. Green been casserole, crescent rolls , glazed carrots and that is it! I am taking it easy this year.

Audri, bless your heart, you need a vacation. Maybe alfter the holidays you and Chris can get away for a night and just relax? I am thinking about the baby. Hope he is feeling better.

CookieMommster, I second Itsworthits sentiments! Miss you and if you drop by here to visit please post. And Itsworthit, will your actually have a white Christmas? Thanks for the card and the enclosure. It was very sweet. I know this must be a difficult time. I am so glad for you that you have such a sweet family to be with now. I am sure it helps to have those sweet baby arms around your neck.

Sandy and MailWhale, sending you both Seasons Greetings and hope you and your families are having a white Christmas. It is just now getting cold here and I envy ya'll a little. It is raining now and would see so much more fitting it it was big fluffy flakes floating down than this dreary old rain!

Karen

flower
12-24-2001, 10:39 AM
Half way done with the holiday gatherings! Only 3 left and I can relax! I am actually looking forward to restarting my diet next week. I know I could start now. What fun would that be? I have cookies snail mail address and if I look hard enogh I may have her email address. I know it isn't in my outlook address book cause my system crashed a few months back. I will get back on line later on and pm you both. ~hope everything is happy for everyone. Griffins face isn't gross anymore. Friends and family still fight to hold back tears. But I am hoping we won't need more surgury in a few years. I am hoping the baby skin will work miricles! Love ya all! Happy Holidays! audri

Sandy3830
12-24-2001, 10:49 AM
I'm so glad that Griffins face is looking better, I hope he doesn't need any surgery.

Just stopped in to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Enjoy the holiday.

I think I read someplace that the food you eat on Christmas doesn't have any calories, did anyone else read that?:D

mailwhale
12-24-2001, 06:16 PM
OH Sure! No calories on Christmas Eve either...munch, munch, munch!

I just spent a bunch of time moving the few files on our computer that I actually want to keep into some free space on Yahoo...we plan to "wipe" the hard drive clean and reinstall windows and these few printmaster files, quicken, excell and word files. but I am nervous...how do I know it is all there? to open the file it asks if I want to down load it? Ugggg. All my stork stuff, pictures and cartoon images, flyers, business cards...lost of stuff is in printmaster, that is the stuff that would really kill me to lose. Any of you ever done this?

I'm glad Grif is healing. Oh Audri, I wish you some peace...that sounds so hecktic! We drove to Seattle Saturday and back Sunday for the in-law Christmas, so I am just happy to be in my own home for Church and Santa. My mom is here with us and is a nice help to have around.

Lots of snow here....no way it will all melt before tomorrow! Yea!!

My holiday prayers are with you all! Come Jan 2, we are all getting back with the program!!!! All are welcome to start earlier, but I'm waiting for the 2nd :lol: Then I plan to be on all of our cases!!!!

karefree2
12-25-2001, 11:36 PM
calorie wishes for Christmas eve. It would be so wonderful!:D

Audri, glad to hear the babys face is looking better. I hope he continues to improve and your hopes come true!

MW, I don't know anything about that. I know Paul takes ours down occasionally (when it is acting up) but we don't have anything on there that is difficult to replace. Nothing really. Good luck. I hope everything you needs is where you want it to be!

Well, got to get to bed. The shopping starts again tomorrow.

Sandy3830
12-26-2001, 08:16 PM
Did everyone survive the holiday? Hope do. We had a nice day. Santa was very good to me this year. We have plenty of leftovers, anyone want to come for supper?:)

No snow here yet. Had a few flurries during the night but didn't even cover the ground. Wonder if we will get any snowmobiling in this year.:?:

What are your plans for New Year's Eve? We are going to NH, me , hubby, my Dad, MIL & SIL. We will probably go up on Saturday and come home Tuesday. It should be a fun time. After that it's back to eating right and getting rid of these pounds I've put on lately.

flower
12-27-2001, 10:14 AM
Hello. Guess you should all realize we had no snow here either. :) I would be bragging the second flurrys came from the sky. It doesn't happen very often and it is late Jan early Feb if it happens at all.

Grif got the flu bug on Xmas eve so Xmas day was spent cuddleing him and cleaning up vomit. Then came the runs. I changed him 12 times between 6 pm and 11pm. 4 different outfits too. Poor thing. Chris was at work and I had almost lost all my patience. The boys told me he just sprang a new leak. Ugh! Well, at least he is in a good mood today unlike last night. I was almost at wits end.

Today will be spent cleaning. I want to rearrange the rec room but there is a million things I must do before that can happen. I had better tend to the outfit changing. Chat again soon. ~aud

karefree2
12-28-2001, 12:23 AM
He has had a hard time of it lately. Hope he is feeling all better now.

I have been having a hard time getting back onto Bluelight. I have until the 31st to figure it out and Net Zero is gone. They told me I used too much of their 'unlimited' service and they are giving me a refund....I kid you not! I can still use the 10 hours free but they won't let me pay for the unlimited....Do you believe this? I should have known (and I did) when they became affiliated with Juno that trouble was on the way because (excuse my language but) Juno vacumns! I typed it the other way and it looked a little vulgar so I changed it to vacumns. LOL!

These on line sales are killing me. I have shopped twice today at Sephora and Drugstore.com.... Somebody STOP me!

Karen

PS Sephora is having a BIG TIME sale if anyone is interested. You can also order comsogirl from cosmogirl.com and win a sephora gift certificate. You don't need a credit card they will bill you $8 for the magazine and everyone wins a certificate with the order.:lol:

Sandy3830
12-28-2001, 11:48 AM
Hi everyone,
Audri, poor Grif, you both are really having a hard time lately. I hope all is well soon.

We are going to NH tomorrow afternoon and staying till Tuesday. Me, Donnie, Dad, MIL & SIL. Donnie has to come back for work on Monday but will come back that night. Maybe his boss will be nice and say he doesn't have to come in on Monday, that would be great. I'm sure we will have a good time.

I hope everyone has a Happy, Healthy New Year!

mailwhale
12-28-2001, 03:16 PM
Poor Grif! Poor Audri!

Patrick got his first ear infection the day after Christmas but that was easy to fix and nothing oooozed any where....but I do remember when....

I'll be spending more time with in-laws etc over the next few days than I want. 7 children, 8 adults, 3 snowmobiles, 1 bathroom! Ugggg, I'm not inspired...can just tell I'll be home with my sister in law that is good at guilt games. MIL was so snappy with me the weekend before Christmas that I almost bailed early! This year she gave hubby and I our "Christmas cash" in seperate envelopes so that I won't spend hubby's "share" on groceries or my business! Grrrr, my business may not be making much money, but it is not costing us anything either! Thankfully I have a peacock going out on Sunday so I can leave the festivities to attend to that!

Sorry if my salutations don't convey a "Happy New Year" theme... I should be sane again by the 3rd!

karefree2
12-29-2001, 10:25 PM
Sandy, it sounds like you are in for some fun. Hope it is beautiful for ya'll. What is the temp up there now?

MW, hope you feel better about the situation as I am sure you will with some distance between you and the out (oops) in laws....Did she actually say that was the reason for the separate envelopes or was that just the implication? I understand that implications hurt too but it was take GALL to actually verbalize it! Did she do that?

Audri, still thinking about you and Griffin. Hope he is feeling better. It is so hard when a baby is sick. Especially on the mama. How is his little face?

Itsworthit, I am thinking of you and hope you are enjoying family time. Post soon!

Karen

PS What happened to Dolphin? Did we lose her?

flower
01-01-2002, 06:01 PM
New year, new thread. See you on the new year thread!!!!