Exercise! - Need at home reccomendation

View Full Version : Need at home reccomendation

Pez_
06-04-2007, 02:50 AM
I've been on South Beach for quite some time now and have done really well *pokes sig* but I can't seem to drop these last few pounds. I really need to tone up after having lost a lot of weight but unfortunately lack the time to go to a gym.

I was hoping someone could give me a reccomendation to some sort of workout routine that I can do at home in limited space with limited equipment. I really just need to tighten things up and drop a few more pounds.

Books, videos, equipment, anything really... in a nutshell of what I'm looking for is some kind of routine to tighten/tone with limited space!

Thank you :)

cakses
06-04-2007, 04:42 PM
If you can afford a step, the step videos will blast those last pounds away and tone you up fast! Otherwise, I am a fan of Denise Austin and Billy Blanks. It just depends on your level of ability. If you haven't done much exercise since you lost the weight you might want to try a walking DVD to get started until you can keep up with the harder ones. HTH!

marzbe
06-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Both Biggest Loser DVDs are great for the toning. The first one only requires dumbells the second one the dumbells and the stability ball. I rotate between the 2 and Denise Austin's Boot Camp.

Pez_
06-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Thank you for the reccomendations, I will check them out. I haven't done much exercise in years really aside from trying to walk as much as I can and what I get at work.

I'll look into them. More reccomendations are welcome, I need help :dizzy:

phantastica
06-05-2007, 12:35 AM
How about one of those resistance bands?

If money is an issue, gallon-jugs filled with water (half-full or whatever) can provide some inexpensive and easy weights.

Many magazine web sites have toning and stretching plans, "10 minutes a day" or whatever.

Durian
06-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Depending on your situation, I have some recommendations.

If you walk/move a lot at work, I would recommend adding ankle weights under your uniform/work attire. I don't know if this is possible in your line of work or not.

If you are looking for some good videos, I really loved Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. I found several videos reasonably priced at Amazon or locally at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I really did like most of the videos and definitely saw some results.

For weights, I think the milk jug recommendation is a good one. That is something affordable that actually works.

I don't know if that was helpful or not, but I think you got some great ideas in the thread otherwise. Good Luck!

canarysong
06-06-2007, 03:41 AM
For toning up I would recommend Pilates. It's a great way to get lean muscles. The Winsor Pilates DVDs are good for beginners. Also check out the Pilates videos done by Crunch. I love their Pilates/Yoga Blend DVD and Ellen Barrett is a great instructor. I do that video at least once a week and I feel great afterwards.

Pez_
06-07-2007, 11:11 PM
I was really wanting to join a Pilates class but again time constraints is an issue... I think I will try some of the cardio type things then move to pilates and alternate eventually.... I found dieting fairly easy but working out is an entirely different story.

Thank you so much for your input!!!