Old 06-03-2007, 11:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 269/264/150

Height: 5'4"

Default New Here

Hi,

My name is Kim. I'm 31, but will be 32 in 16 days. I have a lot of weight to lose, but to make it even tougher, I'm an on again/off again girl. I'll say the same thing now that I've said several times before: I'm really going to do it this time. And I really do want to, it's just someting about my personality that will start things with a lot of enthusiasm and then after some time passes, so does my focus and motivation. I just don't know how to maintain the focus. So maybe being here will help. A girl can hope anyway.

I have a 3 year old son named Austin and a 32 year old husband named Bill.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all.

I hope it's ok, but I'll probably copy and paste this intro into some of the other forums I might fit into.

Oh and btw....I was going to put a smilie in here, but man alive, you guys have A LOT of smilies!!! lol So a simple will have to do.

I'll be chattin/typin with you soon!
kehb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehb View Post
I'm an on again/off again girl. I'll say the same thing now that I've said several times before: I'm really going to do it this time. And I really do want to, it's just someting about my personality that will start things with a lot of enthusiasm and then after some time passes, so does my focus and motivation. I just don't know how to maintain the focus. So maybe being here will help. A girl can hope anyway.
I was just posting the same thing about myself on the "One Reason" thread today. I'm astonished that I've been this successful with my weight loss, because like you, I started and stopped thousands of times. I always had just the right commitment and passion and enthusiasm in the beginning, but it always waned. I don't know what was different this time, but part of it was definitely coming to 3FC and posting and being inspired by everyone else here. So I'm very glad you're here!! We all learn from each other, and there's no better place for encouragement and support! This time is different for you, I'm sure of it. You're here with us -- of COURSE you're going to be successful!!

LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:40 PM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Kim! You can do it this time! When you feel yourself starting to slip come in for a chat, there is always someone to help you!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #4  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Welcome! Just keep coming back here, don't stay away like so many do who join!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

You can do it, Kim!!! Welcome to the group!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi there Kim. Come on, you can do this!!!! Once you start losing some weight it all snowballs and you want to lose more weight and eat better and make healthier choices. And and you lose more weight. And your clothes get too big. And you look good and feel good. And people start noticing. STAY FOCUSED!!!! It's SO very worth it. Way more worth it then any old stupid piece of cake or bowl of pasta. Glad to have you here. Good luck.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #7  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Welcome, Kim! Look forward to seeing you around the place.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:41 PM   #8  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Kim. You're talking to the QUEEN of off and on here. I've been doing it for more than 50 years. I'm determined this will be the last. I figure you're never to old to figure it out.
soiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:13 AM   #9  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Smile

Hi Kim , I have tried 3 times in the past 4 yrs to lose weight, and hope this is the last time that I start and stop, no I don't hope, I am going to work my butt off not to stop!! It is hard, but there are great people here, with lots of ideas and suggestions. Good luck on your wieght loss.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:36 AM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I think you'll love it here at 3FC. Hope to hear more from you!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:30 PM   #11  
returning to myself

HI...I'm the same...I do really well for awhile and lose 20 pounds...then completely go off in the other direction and gain back 25....

and each time I promise myself that this time I will do it...I get angry with myself and think "oh yeah? what about all those other times??"

but this time I will ...no matter what...

I am going to look for the support I need right here!!
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #12  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Where would we be if we did not keep trying. I would be over 500 lbs for sure. So just keep up and know that you can do it.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

I've done the same as you so many times in the past I don't care to count. This time, it just feels different. I think I was finally ready to commit to that lifestyle change and I don't let little slipups or overindulgences turn into all out binges and reasons to quit. Granted I've been at this for just over a month but my motivation hasn't been with me most of the time. I've done more of the "I have to do this no matter what."
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote