Exercise! - First Day on DDR

View Full Version : First Day on DDR

BlessedBe
06-02-2007, 08:42 PM
I LOOVE this game! It's way too much fun to be exercise, but here I am sweating. I just went a solid half hour without stopping. Except between songs, but I don't count that. I recommend this to ANYONE that can move with little trouble. The Beginner and Workout modes are really easy. Basic is a bit more tough. I haven't even tried Advanced and Super Master Hard mode(Made that up cause I forgot the real mode name). I'm going to go back after a break. My foot hurts a little. :p

mickeyimag
06-02-2007, 08:51 PM
blessedbe,

Sorry I am new and half to ask what kind of exercise are you doing?

Mickey

BlessedBe
06-02-2007, 09:01 PM
DDR is short for Dance Dance Revolution. It's a game series for PS2 and XBox. You have a mat, usually a cheapie plastic thing or you can buy a padded no-slip mat. When you start the game, in any more, arrows will appear on the screen. When they reach the top you have to step on the correct arrow on the mat, usually with the beat of the song. Depending on the level of difficulty there are a few arrows or a ton! Sometimes you have to step on two arrows at the same time. But it's still really fun. I barely felt tired, though I was sweating pretty good. My feet hurt, but that was after a half hour nonstop.

wateraddict
06-02-2007, 10:41 PM
I bought this game a few weeks ago, and don't like it. I guess I would like it if it would quit telling me I missed....even though I know I didnt! lol

BlessedBe
06-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Are you using the plastic cheap mat that comes with the game? Those things suck I've heard, and that might be why it says you miss. If you play it a lot, get a padded mat. I got one for $20 at Wal-Mart. It workd just fine.

wateraddict
06-02-2007, 11:10 PM
ok, thanks I'll try that!

ziichan
06-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Dude, I love DDR! Which one do u use? Lately I've been alternating between DDR2Extreme and Supernova. I do it on heavy mode. I like to do Butterfly, Captain Jack, Cartoon Heroes, Daikenkai. But my absolute fave is LoveShine! Ok, have fun ^_^

SakuraHime9892
06-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm a DDR freak! I've been doing 3 hours of it a day for almost 2 weeks and I've lost 5 pounds already! I'm still only on basic while the rest of my friends are on heavy... Hopefully I'll be able to beat them on challenge one day!

BlessedBe
06-03-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm playing SuperNova, and I'm watching Ebay to get the ultra-rare Mario Mix one. I play on Beginner all the time. Basic is a bit too tough. Plus, in my bedroom, I don't have enough room to do it on Basic. Maybe someday I can use the front room, if my dad wasn't so paranoid about it "ruining his TV." -_- But I'm having fun. My feet and calves hurt, but it's still fun.