Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #254

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #254

Jane
06-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

PinkSands
06-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Good Evening Ladies:wave:

It was a beautiful day, suppose to get more storms tonite and most of the coming week...Hubby had to pickup a load here at Barilla so he got to come home last nite, we went to the grocery store for him so he is set for awhile, now he is on his way to Kissimmee FLA...well I am gonna make my dinner and see what's on the tube, Have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 99 days away!

suetalks
06-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Good evening....We finally got rain..about 3 hours worth. YAY! Earlier today it was so humid...yikes! I walked a mile with DH between the storms tonight. Thank goodness I got that 3 mile ride this morning.
Cleaned house and did some touch up painting. Pulled some weeds, nothing major.

Tina- Congrats! on your latest goal.

Oops..movie is back on. See you all tomorrow.

FrouFrou
06-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Hello ladies...

SUE...we are still trying to dry out from all the rain we got Thursday evening and all day and 1/2 the night Friday. Hope you guys are drying out!

Hiya PINKJANE...:wave:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!

sz2atheart
06-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Happy Sunday Ladies!

Yippee, we are getting ya'll's rain that you sent over to the east coast. We really needed it. Little hard to grocery shop between the raindrops but I'm not complaining. Went to WW this morning and down another lb. Should have been two but I had 3 dinner events to attend this week so I'm not complaining. No other sabatoge (sp) events to attend for the next several weeks, so I should be on my way to peel off these pounds before vacation. I would love to be in the 130's for vacation. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and talk at ya later!

PinkSands
06-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Hello Ladies:wave:

Just did my 60 on the treadmill and wanted to check in...just starting to rain again here, at least we had all day to dry out abit...Hubby called he's stopped in Atlanta for the nite and then on to Kissimmee tomorrow, he delivers at 2 am Tuesday...well I am off to dink around abit before I make my dinner, Have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 98 days away!

Sassy_Chick
06-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Hi Ladies!!!!

Well I am FINALLY getting my catscan done in the morning! (5 a.m. after work) I will be GLAD to get it over with!

I hope you all have an awesome night!

:hug:

suetalks
06-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Sassy- Good luck chickie. I know you will be glad when it is over.

Pink Jane- If you are still getting rain we will probably get it soon. Had some showers off and on earlier today.

Cristina- We really needed the rain. I had been watering everytihng and was so glad to not have to today. I did however have to pull some weeds that sprouted up. :)

Tammy- Way to go on the pound. I bet you will be down what you want for vacation. I have gained and lost the same pound for a few weeks...hope it is gone tomorrow. I doubt it though...I didn't exercise as much as I should have this week.

Lazy Sunday....I rode 2 miles this a.m. Read papers and drank coffee after that. Made ham and beans with cornbread. (I know, kind of a winter dish, but DH's fav.)
Puttered around the yard, weeding, washing and filling the birdbath and feeders and just generally looking for things to do. :)
Sat on the front porch with DH and enjoyed the rain. Have I mentioned that I love both of my porches? The front has rocking chairs and the back has a swing. We can sit on either and watch the rain....unless it is blowing pretty badly.
Watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding tonight, which I can't believe I had never seen. LOL

That's my day, how was yours? Any plans for the week?

kehb
06-04-2007, 09:44 AM
I read the description of what a Jaded Lady is and it fits me to a 'T'. So I hope you all won't mind one more.

Hi,

My name is Kim. I'm 31, but will be 32 in 15 days. I have a lot of weight to lose, but to make it even tougher, I'm an on again/off again girl. I've been on and off diets since I was 10 years old and I'm the biggest now that I've ever been and that includes pregnancy. I've decided I'm not going to follow any set diet regimen. I"m going to follow the common sense diet. I've read enough diet books in my life that I know what's good for me and what's not. I'm going to start excercising again and try to drink as much water as I can. I'm also a member of Calorie King. Is anyone else a member there?

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all. :)

Jane
06-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Hello ladies!

Kim - a big welcome to you. I think you'll feel very comfortable here. :) Like you, I think I could probably write my own "diet" book, lol.

A big hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

As for me, I've been going to graduation parties, shopping, and just goofing off this past weekend, and now I'm having to pay for it, lol. The house is a mess and the laundry is stacked up. :dizzy: I've had to get back to reality! Mackenzie Jo the 8 y/o has been spending a few days with Neal and me, so that's fun. :yes:

I hope you're having a good day, everyone. :hug:

FrouFrou
06-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Hello ladies...

Just a quickie to say HI. Busy morning with errands and I am pooped. And the day is not over yet.

SUE...glad you guys got some rain. We don't need anymore here. Too many places were flooded. OF course the weather this morning calls for rain starting tomorrow thru the week. But I hear ya about having to water stuff...it has been good for me as well. It's a pain to pull the hose out and try to go all over the yard, front an dback, lol. Two porches eh? Bet that is nice. I've not seen your back porch but remember the front one from your pictures and it is nice. Ham, beans and cornbread sound sooooo good! I've not had that in ages.

PINKJANE...love your new avatar.

TAMMY...WTG on the pound! :woohoo:

SASSY...thinking of you today sweetie and hoping all went well. :hug:

JANE...have fun with Mckenzie!

And last but not least...a big :welcome: to you KIM! Glad to have ya here and look forward to getting to know you. I've heard of calorie king but can't remember exactly what it is.

HI to everyone else :wave:

I didn't log out yesterday and thought normally after so long it logs out for you. When I came here today I was still logged in. Is that new, anyone know? I was just going to go away again and not sign out, lol. I didn't sign off yesterday because the site was super slow.

Have a good day ladies!

PinkSands
06-04-2007, 06:34 PM

Just got off the treadmill, had to walk early today the boy gets off at 6 and I have to play taxi LOL...Hubby called earlier he's in Orlando, of course he had to rub it in LOL...beautiful day here today about 75 with a nice breeze...rain didn't amount to anything last nite stopped as soon as it started...well I need to get around here, Have a Good Evening All.

Sassy - Hope all went well

Sue - Sounds like your enjoying those porches LOL

Kim - Welcome :wave:

Jane - Sounds like you've been busy

Cristina - LOL I thought it was cute, mine hasn't been logging me out for about a month now, it does make it easier to post though it use to sign me out before I finished typing.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 97 days away!

Sassy_Chick
06-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Ok I FINALLY got my Cat Scan done early this morning after work! It was EASY. It took longer for me to drink that nasty dye stuff than the whole amount of time it took to do the Scan! lol. And this time the guy I had was NICE! (had a very bad exp last time when I had my ultra sound done so this time had it done at the hospital)

OH ya a couple thoughts here: the cat scan machine that scanned me? Was made by the co. I work for. ;) and secondly while registering, there was a man in HANDCUFFS next too me, no it wasn't a kinky sex thing gone bad, he had a sheriff with him. He was there for a blood test to see if he had any drugs in his system. (the guy was blabbing on for days) lol. If it came up positive he would get a DUI charge, if its negative then he gets a charge for going left over center. (yup like I said he was blabbing for days) lol.

That is all. Please carry on with whatever you were doing. lmao!

;)

jules1216
06-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Just a quick hi to all!!

Welcome Kim!!

suetalks
06-04-2007, 10:45 PM
More rain off and on today. It is cooler also. I rode 2 miles this morning and walked 1 mile tonight.
Did the dreaded ironing that I had put off from the other day.....ha. Also got the laundry ALL done.
They are going to start building on the lot beside us this week....hate the noise, but I guess we did the same to the other neighbors when we built. Just hope they don't start too early.....yeah, right, I bet they start at 7. (I am a night person and like to sleep till 8 or 8:30) The guy doing the trees on the lot actually asked DH if 8 was too early to start sawing. I thought that was nice of him. DH, of course wouldn't think 7 was too early as he is up at the crack of dawn.
Okay chickies...off to surf for a bit and send some pics. to my DD.

KIM...a big welcome to you.
Jane and Cristina- You two are way too busy lately. :) Isn't it funny how life sometimes interferes with our internet time?
Sassy- Glad this experience was better than the last. Hope the test results come quickly and are OK.
Jules- Hi....hurry back.
Pink Jane- I think there should be a law against your DH being in Orlando without you.

Hi to everyone and have a nice sunny Tues. We are supposed to get more rain.

Marti
06-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Evening Ladies!!

Wow...been a busy weekend for me! I had a wonderful time this weekend. Seeing my son after 7yrs it was a shock to see how much he's grown. And to be looking up at him!!

I kept thanking his mom for letting me share the special day.

I have another Graduation to go to this weekend, my cousin is also graduating. I'm starting to feel old. I remember these kids being babies!!!

I'm sorry I haven't been on much, just so much going on. I need to get some dinner in before it gets too late. I still need to walk tonight.

Hugs to all...and I'll try to pop in more.

PS: Hello and welcome to Kim!!! :wave:

Sassy_Chick
06-05-2007, 03:25 AM
Hi Ladies! :wave:

Yeah I'm glad the cat scan is done and over with!

I hope you all are have a great day! :)

Marti
06-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Morning Ladies...

I just finished walking, turned the speed up to get a little more sweating going on.......was a little more sweat then I wanted!! :D

Just wanted to pop in quickly and say hello. Need to shower and get to work.

Until next time!

Jane
06-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Hiya ladies,:wave:

I've been having fun with Mackenzie, but she's going home after while. Then I've got to get my teeth cleaned today- time for my 6 month check up. Why does the 6 months time between dentist visits goes so fast, lol.

We've been finalizing our Florida reservations for next year - woohoo!

I'm OP and trying to build up my stamina on the elliptical. The fresh strawberries are almost gone from the garden, but the tomatoes are almost ready. Mmmmm!

Have a good day, ladies, and I'll see ya on the flip side. :cool:

FrouFrou
06-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Hello ladies...

SUE...have fun with the construction next door! We are going thru that right now. Was hoping that they would have been almost finished by the time we moved in but nooooo. This past Sunday though they were over there a little before 7 to paint the house, ugh! Our bedroom is on that side so. But there have been mornings where they were there at 6:30 with their music blaring. Oh well, they are almost finished thank goodness. Hope the people building next to you guys are quieter and more respectful of people. WTG on your biking and walking. I didn't get any done yesterday but will today.

PINKJANE...ugh, how dare DH rub in the fact that he was in Orlando, lol! Hey, it will be here before you know it. WTG on your treadmilling-you're doing great!

SASSY...glad you got the scan done. DD had to have one when they were trying to find out what was wrong with her and she said that stuff she had to swallow was HORRIBLE!

JANE...good for staying OP!

MARTI...so glad you got to see your son graduate! Bet it was nice.

MINDEE...been thinking about you and the kids and hoping all is well. How is little Marissa doing? Growing like a weed I bet.

HI everyone else :wave: Hoping all is well with you.

Another busy morning. WE finally got something done yesterday. We did some landscaping so far but everything else has been on hold because of the weather. So yesterday finally got the cement and patio guy out and that is done. Well, we have to do the patio cover/pergola but the concrete is done. And guess what? It started raining, lol. It was just a short down pour, just enough to scare us into thinking we just wasted a lot of money. Well people are supposed to be here later...waiting for their call to say they are on the way. Then sprinklers, yay! :cp: Then finally sod and we can ge tthe fence in by the end of the month, makes me very happy! Anyway, gotta go and put a tree in a pot on the porch. I had the tree for a while and just got a pot today. Along with some more lillies. Had some yellow ones but wanted to add some more color around the tree in the back. Anywho...

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day! :)

jules1216
06-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Cristina--we will be expecting pics when the landscaping is done. DO you have a nice deck like on the last house?

Jane--DH's dad came for a short visit so us going out to Indianapolis looks like it will be postponed. When are the colors nice? Any fun stuff to do in late August or September?

Marti--WTG on the sweating!!

Sassy--glad the scan is finally over with, keep us up to date on the results!!

Sue--hope the contractors don't wake you up to early!!

Went to the dentist today. My tooth didn't hurt before but it sure does now!! I took some the dentists recommended 1 EX-strength tylenol and 2 advil combo. He swears by it and it does seem to work.

DD & her bf invited DS and his gf over. Dave the bf is making manicotti--he cooks really great Italian dishes according to dd. The two guys have really hit it off and the girls have always got along. The are going to start getting together once a week for dinner and a dvd.

The carnival was really fun with DD, bf and his 3 year old. She listens really well to dd, but then dd sets limits and has rules and when she says no she means it. 3 year old Lily loves her Teri-Berri!!

Gotta go!

suetalks
06-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Got in a 2 mile bike ride today although I was feeling a little queasy this morning. Told DH if I didn't know better I would say it is morning sickness. :)

Picked up a few groceries and ran some errands. Another load of laundry...yeah, I only thought it was all done. No, actually, I bought DH some new denim shorts and wanted to wash them.

I made some vegetable soup for dinner...had left over beef and broth from a previous meal and didn't want it to go to waste. It was better than the original meal. ha...And good on my poor tummy.

Cristina- Glad you got the cement poured and are ready to go on the next project. I have found that it is never ending..at least here. We keep saying we aren't going to plant anything else this year and then we DO. Now I am shopping for 2 lilacs and a weigela.

Jules- That just reminded me that our town carnival started today and goes through Sat. night. I don't have any small ones to take, but might still go for a burger that they grill.

Jane- Good luck on building up your time on the elliptical. I got up to 5 miles on the bike and then had to be "grounded" for a few days. Now I am having a hard time getting past 2 miles. Good for you being OP and going to Florida!!

Marti- HI missy. That is so cool that you got to see your son. I'm sure he loved having you there. Way to go on the sweating...haha.

Sassy- When I had my abdomen scan I had to drink 3 big bottles of gunk before I even got to the hospital. Really had to gag that stuff down.

Got a little more rain today...come on plants...GROW.
Happy hump day to all..........

Sassy_Chick
06-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi Ladies.

TY for your support. I am going to call my dr tomorrow and see if they got the results yet. The tech said my dr should get it within 3 days. So we'll see.

Cristina -- Actually that stuff was not that bad. It tasted like a very watered down vanilla milk. Not something you would willingly want to drink mind you, but definitely not the worst thing in the world to drink. Glad you got your patio done, at least the cement part, glad it didn't rain long!

Jules -- Thanks, yes I'm definitely glad its done and over with. It was nerve racking waiting to get it done. lol. Ouchie on the tooth pain. Glad the carnival was fun!

Sue -- WTG on the bikeride! Your gonna be another Lance Armstrong soon! lol. Wow 3 bottles of that stuff? How big were they? I had to drink one big bottle's worth. Looked like the size of like the old milk bottles.

Well we went to the in-laws today as it was their anniversary. I made them an ecard with a program I signed up for w/ Hallmark, MIL cried she liked it so much. I also bought her bath and body works. FIL said, "I guess there is nothing in there for me?" lol. I said, "No but that was your son's dept. lol." But DH is going to go over and help him with some yard work one day. They are also going to be remodelling their kitchen, new countertops, new cabinets, new floor, painting. So DH will be busy helping with that whenever they decide to start it. But this should be their last room to do. The only thing left for them to do is they need a new deck.

That is about it, just doing up the rest of our laundry.

Have a Great Night!

Jane
06-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Good morning, ladies,

Sue - are you so very glad that it CAN'T be morning sickness, lol? Hope your're feeling better today. You are doing so well with the exercise - a big pat on the back to you!

Cristina - wow, your yard is going to be so beautiful, and the patio sounds great. As Sue said, it's all a never ending job! You mentioned lilies, what kind do you have? I've got yellow Stella D'Oro ones and Stargazers around the house, and out between my house and Mary's there's a big bunch of tiger lillies.

Jules - October is the best month for pretty fall colors in Indy. If you could get down to Brown Co, you'd be amazed. People come there from all over the nation to see the foliage then. But back to Indy, there's always something going on. They have museums, theaters, comedy clubs, live entertainment, and shopping. When we go there overnight, I like to stay at the Embassy Suites hotel. Not only is it very nice, but they have an enclosed skywalk to the Circle City Mall. You can Google Indy tourism for more ideas. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet you for lunch or something when you do make it there. I would really, really like to meet you!

Marti - aww, I'm so glad you had the time with your son. I bet your heart just about popped out when he marched in the auditorium to the Pomp and Circumstance song.

Sassy - did you get your CAT scan results yet? Be sure and let us know, ok? We're all concerned about you. :hug:

PinkJane - you mentioned Barilla - that reminds me of the pasta, lol. If MY dh went to Kissimmee, I think I'd stoy away and have some fun with Mickey while I was there. Wait, that didn't sound nice, lol. :rofl: But you know what I mean, lol.

Tammy - did you metion when your vacation is scheduled? A big YAY for one more pound down. Hey, where's your sister? Tell her to please come back and join us, ok?

Jodi - how's it going at work? Hopefully you're settling into a nice routine by now.

Hello to everyone else. :wave:

I didn't get to see my dentist after all yesterday, and rescheduled for July. Today I have my Steel Magnolia meeting.

I've been trying to eat more protein and less carbs, and I'll feeling more energetic. For some reason, I've slacked off on the water,:dizzy: and so today my goal is to get a boatload, lol.

kehb
06-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi all, and thanks for the welcomes!

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday. Was a hard day at work and I basically came home and collapsed. No excercise yesterday as a result and I did really well on my diet until last night and I gave into some pms cravings. Doing MUCH better today though. Doing better on the diet than I did yesterday at work and I'm drinking more water today. I also hope to go home and ride my stationary bike for at LEAST 30 minutes.

Question: Realistically speaking, how much weight could I expect to lose in 10 weeks? I know that the "healthy" amount is 1-2 pounds. But COULD I lose more and be healthy? I've heard that the heavier you are, the more you can stand to lose in a shorter amount of time. Is that true?

Hope you all are doing well. I'm sorry I can't say hey to each of you like some of you do. Maybe once I get to know some of you better, I'll be able to, but right now, it's a lot of info for my little brain to remember. LOL

Have a good afternoon! :)

sz2atheart
06-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Happy afternoon Ladies!

Cristina--Wow, you have been busy! Yes, I agree with Sue that there is always a project in the works. I've got fabric samples, wallpaper, fabric to recover my dining chairs and samples of paint already painted on the wall (behind some pictures) all in preparation to paint my living and dining rooms. Just got to get ahold of my painter and find a weekend that he is available. And of course, need the $$ to pay him. It will happen sometime this summer.

Jane--Don't know what is up with my sis. She officially joined WW with me and is doing really well but I think she is hanging out on the WW board. She needs to bring her bragging and motivation over here! Oh, yeah, we are going on vacation July 14-21th.

Sue--Did all go well with the sale of your house in LV?

Jules--You get my total sympathy with the tooth pain. I sat in a dentist chair last week for 2 hrs to restore a broked tooth after aready getting a root canal. I'm crossing my fingers that the tooth was really saved.

Sassy--I missed the cat scan story. Can I ask why you needed one?

Marti--Glad to hear that you enjoyed your reunion with your son at his graduation. You can hear the pride in your voice.

Wecome to Kim!!! You'll never find a warmer, more sincere group of gals then you have here!

Hugs to PinkJane, Jodi, Michelle, Vannh, Jodi and anyone else I missed.

Having a good week. Went to see my pulmonary (asthma) doc today and got a great report. I'm on 5 different asthma meds everyday and in wonderful control. I can climb all 5 flights of steps at work without getting short of breath. I didn't realize how bad my lungs were until I finally started breathing like a normal person. Feeds good to go to the doc for a healthy checkup! Other than that, nothing earth shattering going on here. Going dancing tonight, staying OP with WW and continuing to lose in spite of my TOM! Life is good!!

FrouFrou
06-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Hello ladies...

JULES...I will post some pictures. Need to figure out how to get them on the computer from the digital. Was used to getting pictures developed and then scanning and loading on the computer, lol. I am sure the digital will be easier as soon as I take the time to figure it out, lol. We do have a covered deck that was already here with the house. But the patio we just added and will do the cover like the other one we did. It's going to be a little different since the house is different of course. Glad the kids are getting along. I love Italian food!

JANE...I have the stella lilies...just love the bright yellow. We put them in the front as a border and then around the tree in the back. I added some (4) little business ones (thought that name was funny, lol) to the circle as well. Was looking for some echinacea-the purple cone flowers but could not find any anywhere. Just wanted to add a different color to the circle, lol. I love the tiger lilies too! So pretty! I love the name of your group. Every time I see it, it makes me think of the movie and the ladies in the beauty shop.

SUE...it does seem to be never ending. Even when I thought I was done with the other yard I found a spot to put something there, lol. I had a weigand and was wanting another but not sure where I would put one. I am going to try and not get carried away in the back but after we finish the tree planting in the fall that will be it, I think, lol. When we put up the fence I know where trees will go and just want a butterfly bush. Anywho...you are doing great with your biking. Hope your knee(s) aren't bothering you too much.

SASSY...have you heard anything yet? Hope they find what they are looking for and get it taken care of. Watered down vanilla milk, yuck! I remember when they always diagnosed my gallstones as an ulcer...they gave me this concoction they called a green lizard...OMG! Disgusting! The last one I had I told the girl I would not be able to stomach it (had too many in the past) and I was right. It was a 100 times worse than Mylanta. And I would rather hurt than drink that stuff again. The only good thing about the green lizard was, once it went down it numbed everything and stopped the pain instantly. So how long have your in-laws been married? Was it a big 5-0?

HI KIM! It does get a little overwhelming at times trying to keep up with everyone and doing individuals. Just do what you can when you feel comfortable. About your question, not really sure. I know some people like to see fast results but I like to stick with the 1-2 pounds a week. I know though at WW meetings the bigger women always lose a little more than that, some 3-5 after their inital visit. There were some on theire first week of WW that lost 10 pounds. So I don't know...sorry that was any help to you. It would probably be best to talk to your doctor about it.

Oh my gosh...the well guys did show up yesterday! I was really surprised. So two things down and a zillion to go. Actually, we did get the tree cutter guy in a couple of weeks ago and got rid of the junk trees in the back. Did some landscaping so that is actually more than 2 things down, lol. Getting there, slowly but surely.

Not much going on today. Getting some laundry done and computer time in. Almost time for jeopardy then will be out in the yard again. Anywho...

Take care and have a good day ladies.

FrouFrou
06-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Hi ya TAMMY! :wave:

You posted while I was writing that mini-novel, lol.

Sounds like you are as busy as me, lol! Bu tdon't you love decorating? We still haven't finished the painting inside. Thought we would concentrate on the oustide first. But...had to have the LR & DR/Kitchen painted...it was killing me, the bright white walls. We get too much sun in those rooms so the color on the walls have helped!

Glad you got a clean bill of health and life is good!

Have fun dancing!

jules1216
06-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Cristina--I need to get a digital camera and start taking and downloading pics, you know I will definitely need it after the baby!! The kids had a great time--they are grilling next time. They watched a dvd can't remember which one--some semi scary one that reminded dd of The Grudge. Ry & Alicia went home and Dave went to bed and Teri stayed up to watch The Painted Veil. She says she loved it though it is sad, she went back to bed still crying and Dave woke up and got all worried about her until she told him it was just the movie.

Tammy--the sad part is I am going to have to get the same thing done that you did. I got a root canal and was stupid and didn't go get the crown down so it broke and now the dentist and insurance company are fighting over what to do about it. The other is okay today. HAve fun dancing!!

kehb--everyone is different when it comes to losing weight. It's really hard to say. You will pick up doing individuals in time.

Jane--I will suggest late September, early October to DH. I love fall colors. I definitely want to have lunch when I finally make it out there.

Sassy--you are your dh are so good to both your parents. Sounds like you are going to busy helping them remodel.

Sue--I go to the carnival for the french fries with vinegar!! They had buffalo burgers one year which were actually realy good.

Have a great nite everyone!!

PinkSands
06-06-2007, 08:13 PM

Just got off the treadmill so I thought I would check in...Hubby called he is stopped in West Virginia for the nite then on to Chicago, he has to have his truck serviced this Sat. so he gets to come home this weekend...the boy and I are off to the movies again tomorrow to see Pirates again LOL...well I need to cook some turkey for my dinner so Have a Good Evening All.

Marti - Glad to hear you had a good time seeing your son and sweat is good!! LOL

Jane - LOL he was hauling Barilla pasta, we have a pasta plant here in Ames, He said they are still doing construction on the freeway so he had to take the exit for the Magic Kingdom and he waved and said hello for us LOL, he went right passed Downtown Disney but it was 2 am so nothing was open.

Jules - Hiya...Glad to hear you all had fun at the carnival

Cristina - I smacked the boy on the back of the head and he asked what that was for so I told him for not havin a driver's license so I couldn't go to Florida and because I couldn't reach through the phone to smack his dad LOL...I really really really need to see some palm trees!!!

Sue - Good going on the bike riding and the soup sounds yummy.

Sassy - Did you get your results? Hope all is well

Tammy - Have fun dancing!

Pink Jane
Your next vacation is 95 days away!

Sassy_Chick
06-06-2007, 09:44 PM
CRAP! I had a whole big long paragraph written out and I closed the window and didn't copy it first! GRRRRRRRRR! I usually ALWAYS copy it just in case, this time, I didn't! GRRRRRRRRRRR! :mad:

Basically............

I forgot and did not get my cat scan results due to my grandpa dying. :cry: He is "technically" my step-grandpa (my step-dad's (<--passed) father) but regardless, he is my family. We looked it up and DH & I still get bereavement time, 3 days, regardless step or not, it even says step parents AND grandparents are included. So my mom said the funeral will be on Saturday. So we'll be going to IN for that.

So we just have to work tomorrow night. Be nice so we can get back onto a "dayshift" schedule and that way also we don't have to rush off afterwards to get "sleep" for work, etc. We can spend time with the family.

The Reason I got my Cat Scan done (to those who asked or don't know) is because I've been having abdominal pain/discomfort and my ultra sound showed Nothing, well except for some cysts on my ovaries, but dr said they were not serious and I do have PCOS so that comes along with it.

Guess that is about it. I'm too ticked off at myself for closing that window to remember everything I wrote previously! :mad:

Have a Good Night!

suetalks
06-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Quick hello ladies.... I am feeling queasy again tonight. Same old thing I am sure...and no reason for it as far as the Dr. can see. Yeah right...and no reason for the pain in my side either. Geeze Louise! Take out my gallbladder please.

Anyway, I was feeling good this a.m. and got in a 3 mile ride on the bike. Then walked 2 miles with DH later today. I ate soup again...lol, it was good.
Basically didn't do much except clean some and write a couple letters today. Had to do some snail mail. :) Sat on the porch and felt yucky tonight.
I also have the Stella de Oro lilles and a Route 66 (red) and a Chicago Knobby (purple) Love the names.
We decided to get 2 lilacs for in front and a clematis with trellis for the side of the house. Hope to find them this week-end. Still need a couple ornamental trees.

Okay...that wasn't very quick. Glad to see you all here and I will do individuals tomorrow.

Jane
06-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Sassy - you first, sweetie. I was tooling around the boards, and read in a different forum that your step-grandpa died. I'm so sorry about that! :hug: :hug: :hug: How's everyone holding up?

Kim - each body is different, but speaking as a larger size woman, I know I can drop weight faster than someone who's much smaller than me, if we're eating the same number of calories. I'd think you can lose 1 1/2 - 2 pounds a week (after your initial water-weight loss) but keep in mind, you'll have weeks where you stay OP all week, and don't show as much of a loss at all. Then you'll have weeks that you'll lose more than you thought you would. Like Cristina said, I'd ask my doctor for advice if I were you. :)

Tammy - yay for the great checkup! :cp: I'm thinking about doing WW again myself, instead of just counting calories. I think I got more to eat with WW because I picked healthier foods. Anyway, I hope your sis knows she's welcome here, too. Some of the gals here just copy their posts to paste on other forums, and it saves time, lol.

Cristina - I've got lots of the purple cone flowers and wish I could send you some! The spread very nicely, but Neal keeps weed-eating around them, or I'd have many more, lol. I could send you some seeds in the fall for you to plant next Spring if you'd want... let me know, ok? I'd be happy to do that. :)

Julie - when you do get a digital camera, you'll wonder why you didn't get it sooner. You probably already know this, but you can download the pics right to your computer to folders, or to send. And you can even order them off you computer at the Walmart website to pick up an hour later. I like to go into walmart and use their machine so I can edit and crop. When the twins were born -my first grandkids - I practically lived at the photo dept. there, lol.

Pink Jane - dang, I really want to start travelling with your dh, lol. First pasta and WDW, now Chicago!! I love Chicago, and have been there 3 times in the past two years.

Sue - maybe you ARE preggers after all! :D

Well, I've had a good day. I got some paperwork done, made some phone calls that needed taken care of. I'm happy to report I've upped my water for the day, and am OP still. I'm having to take it a day at a time, but so far, so good.

Have a good evening, ladies!

Marti
06-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Good Morning Ladies...

I'm getting ready to walk the treadmill this morning. It's wet outside and the dogs seem awfully eager to go out.....(not sure if I want that!)

Jane--I was so very emotional during my son's graduation! I just find it hard to believe all this time has gone by! It's five more years for Jhanai....think there is any way to stall that????

Sassy--Sorry to hear about your grandpa passing. Hugs. :hug:

Sue--I hope they figure out where the pain is coming from. Nothing like aching and even the doctors not having a clue. Did they mention before about your gallbladder??

PinkJane--You know, I find it interesting to hear about what kinds of things my hubby hauls on the trains. He says mostly boring stuff like lumber. But not too long ago they had the circus!! How cool would that be??

Jules--I love my digital camera. We have both, (of coarse who doesn't) and for the longest time I didn't want to use our digital.....now I don't seem to want to go back to the oldie!

Cristina--Wow, sounds like you busy w/the house! We've been tinkering around our yard and adding ponds here and there. We're planning on a bigger water feature next year. Have the perfect spot for it.....just waiting to see if James really wanting to do it! :lol:

Kim--I was on a 12 week program and lost 25lbs. I worked my butt off and was eating perfectly. And that averaged about 1-2lbs a week. Like everyone mentioned already, every body is different.

Tammy--Yeah for losing inspite of TOM!! That is always a bonus in my eyes!!!! Have lots of fun dancing!

Hello to all the rest of you gals out there!! Ok ladies, I need to take the dogs out to do their business and then it's treadmill time. You all have a great day!!

Sassy_Chick
06-07-2007, 03:43 PM
TY ALL

:grouphug:

FrouFrou
06-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi ya ladies...

Feeling pooped again. I haven't done near as much as V and can only imagine how he feels working and then coming home to work. It's hot out and I think that has something to do with it. Don't even feel like walking today and didn't get a walk in yesterday, ugh. Did a lot to the yard yesterday but there is still sooo much to do. At least I will get a break next week, sort of. Going to see my dad finally. He hasn't been so well and it's time I go.

JANE...that would be nice...I love the coneflowers! WTG for being OP!

MARTI...I would like a water feature one day, possibly. Probably won't ever do it but who knows. Maybe after everything is established. Would love to see pictures or your yard, bet it is nice.

JULES...I don't know when we would have gotten a digital had the mortgage company not given this one to us. Well, we chose it...had our choice of a housewarming gift. It was hard to choose, lol.

SASSY...hugs to you :hug: :hug: :hug: So sorry to hear about your grandpa. Will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

PINKJANE...lol! Hey, Sept. will be here before you know it though and you'll have the time of your life!

SUE...sorry you weren't feeling so great last night, hope you are feeling better today. WTG on your biking and walking though. :carrot: Like the names of those flowers, lol. I think I typed weigand yesterday, lol. You probably saw that and thought what the heck? For some reason I was thinking of the real estate place, lol. I knew it was weigela, lol...don't know where my head was.

I know where my head is today and was last night...making a trip to AR. I always get a little uneasy I guess you would say, I dunno. But when I take a trip I get a feeling before I actually take off. Once I get on the road I am fine though. Anyway...washer is beeping. Trying to get laundry done today. Will have tons of things to do this weekend, ugh.

Take care ladies and hope everyone is having a great day!

jules1216
06-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Cristina--any special reason for your trip--hope you have a safe one!!

Sassy-sorry about your loss--you have a safe trip to IN.

Marti--my Levi HATES the rain but likes snow and loves to go out and sniff when everything is wet

Jane-- I have a feeling there will be lots of grandbaby pics and cute pregnancy pics of dd--she is 13 weeks--she thinks she is huge but nobody else does--some of her size 3 shorts don't fit anymore but she can still wear the 5's.

Sue--I love lilacs--I have a bush near my back deck.

PinkJane--My mom only lives a block from the park where the carnival is--it is a tradition--my kids still even go--I had a lot of fun with dd, her bf and his dd. SHe was so excited it made it--it reminded me of when my kids were little.

gotta go!!

PinkSands
06-07-2007, 11:29 PM

Whoa I am running late tonite LOL...did my 60 way earlier this evening and had a chicken breast for dinner...Hubby is in Chicago, he delivers in the AM then picks up at noon then he heads to Des Moines then on home...was a quiet day did a whole lot of nuthin LOL well except exercise can't get away from that...well I am gonna get back to my game...Have a Good Nite All.

Sassy - Sorry to hear of your loss

Sue - Hope your feeling better

Jane - LOL he usually hits Chicago 3 or 4 times a week

Marti - He has hauled some strange things LOL I wish one of these times when the shipper miss counts it was a TV or something good LOL whenever there is an overage they always tell him to just dispose of it, well it's not like he can just dump stuff anywhere, he brought home 14 cases of pop tarts one time, I can't eat anything sugary like that so I ended up donating them to the local food pantry, another time it was 16 cases of pasta but that was easy to get rid of, I still have 2 out of 12 cases of Goober peanut butter LOL nobody wants that.

Cristina - I know it'll be here before I know it but I still wish it was now LOL, Hope you have a safe trip.

Jules - Hiya hope you had a good day

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 94 days away!

FrouFrou
06-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Hello ladies...

JULES...trip is to go see my dad. His health is failing and he's not doing so good. Had heart surgery about a month ago and then had melanoma. He actually had surgery for the melanoma on my BD. My mother said it wasn't serious that I didn't need to come down for the melanoma surgery-didn't tell me about the heart surgery until after the fact...about two weeks after, ugh. He's lost 18 pounds since May 12 when he had the surgery so...it's just time that I go visit him. I don't think he has much time left and I don't want anything to happen and then I never got to see him, so. Anyway not leaving until Monday morning and then will come back Friday sometime. Isn't that funny about dogs and the snow. Ernie HATES the rain but LOVES the snow too!

PINKJANE...wow, sounds like you guys get a lot of stuff at times. But that is a LOT! Lol That was a lot of pop tarts, lol. Hoping you get a new t.v. soon, lol! :crossed:

SASSY...have a safe trip to Indiana. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Nuthin much going on today. Went this morning and had my oil changed and tires rotated. Plus everything checked, good to go. Doing laundry now and later will go pick some weeds from where we have landscaping. Picked some out of the front, well, all of them and they are all back. It is a never ending battle but the yard was looking bad, couldn't stand it. It will be done soon enough though. Just trying to do some things before I go so V doesn't have to worry about it. Anyway...going to get in a walk right now. Been lacking in the exercise department.

Have a good day ladies!

Sassy_Chick
06-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Crap, Crap, Crap and double Crap!

First of all, my DH is at WORK right now because some people can't step up and help out when needed. There was 6 conference calls going on and instead of staying and helping out, the lady just LEAVES!!!!!!!!!! So our boss BEGS DH to come in, at least for a few hours.

It just irks me how people can be so uncaring. I am really upset about it. Because DH & I should have been in Indiana already and now he is at work. I know sometimes things happen beyond our control and I know my grandpa would understand, but its just the whole thought of it. How people can be so inconsiderate of others. :cry:

Well sorry this is a bit of a whine here...........:(

kehb
06-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been checked in for two days. These have been the last days of school, today being the last for kids. I will work next week. I"m moving classrooms so, I'll be pretty exhausted until next week this time. Anyway, life has been crazy here.

I've done fairly well in the past two days. My eating has been decent, but could have been better. I've biked 3 times this week for 30-35 mins. each time. My water intake has still been lousy. So I've got some work to do, but, for me, that's pretty good.

Sassy-I'm so sorry for your loss and everything you're having to go through right now. :hug:

Hope you all have a good night tonight and a good day tomorrow! :)

suetalks
06-08-2007, 11:28 PM
I am grouchy here...Didn't sleep well last night and can't get to sleep tonight. Ugh. I won't bore you with my whining. LOL..
I did ride 4 miles today, but I ate too much of the wrong things. Tomorrow I am back on the fruit, chicken and salads.
Went to my Dr. appt. yesterday. He didn't find anything that looked suspicious to cut off of my body...so I asked him to snip on my neck in 11 places. Ha...Now I look like someone chewed on my neck. (sorry that sounds so gross..actually had him take off little moles and tags, that's all) I just didn't know that it would look so bad. And when he said he didn't find anything to cut off I wanted to offer him the spare tire around my middle, but since he meant moles I thought he would not think me too clever.
Okay...I am spacy here, so will scram.
Sorry I didn't do individuals lately...I swear I will soon. I am thinking of you alll...Sassy and Cristina, be careful on your drives and :hug: to you both for your rough family times.

Marti
06-09-2007, 01:34 AM
Hi all...

Feeling down right grouchy here too! TOM is here and I'm feeling more emotion than usual. Never feel this way...hopefully it'll pass soon otherwise I'll have to put myself in time out.

Weekend is finally here and I'm thankful for that. Has been a hairy week at work and I'm glad to be away from it all for two days.

I think I need to get to bed early. Sitting here feeling 'blah' is no fun. Sorry for no indi's this time around.
Next time maybe.

Hugs to all.:hug:

sz2atheart
06-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

What a week for the JL's this week. So much bad news and low spirits. We all need a vacation!! Just think what everyone has been through the past few months. We've had Marti, Cristina and Sue all move, baby's being born, several deaths, not to mention Sue having someone nibbling all over her neck. (I need that done too, dang things keep coming back!) We've had back pain, cat scans, diabetes, lymphoedema, pregnancy scares (Just kidding Sue) those noisy construction workers, and everyone's TOM every other day. We've lost Mindee in a pile of diapers somewhere and if PinkJane mentions WDW one more time, I think I'll reach through this computer and strangle her. (Just kidding Pinky, I'm really seething with jealousy, I've never been there!) All in all, I think we are doing really well! WE JUST NEED THAT CRUISE SHIP PACKED WITH 100 CAL TREATS TO TAKE US ALL AWAY FOR A FEW WEEKS!!

Ok, got that all out, I feel so much better. I'm just finishing an organic blueberry bran muffin packed with double fiber in hopes to poo today in preparation for tomorrow's weigh-in. I know TMI! Going to my dh's company picnic later this afternoon and pray that I can stay OP. Well, the muffin is gone and I'm heading to Penney's to find $50-$75 worth of clothes because I can't pass up a coupon deal of $10-15 off. Of course, my dh swears that I could save more $$ if I just stayed home. But where is he....on the golf course trying out new golf clubs that he hope to buy. On that note....I'm outta here!! Have a wonderful day ladies. Safe trips to Sassy and Cristina, my thoughts are with you both.

Marti
06-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Good Morning ladies.....

I'm feeling rather tired this morning. I got some good sleep, so not sure why so sleepy. I need to take my vitamins.

Not much on my agenda for the day. I'm hoping to go to some gardens today and see what they have available. Would also like to spend time w/my hubby. He just got back to town early this morning. Not sure when, so I'm not sure when he'll be getting up.

Ok.....I thought I would pop in quickly, I need to get things done around here....first thing: Shower.:D

Have a good day.

FrouFrou
06-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...I'm sure you won't see this until you return so hope you worked things out. Why didn't you guys just call in sick if they wouldn't let you off? DH does that. He will save his vacation days for something else and call in sick. Of course he gets a certain amount of paid sick days. Anyway...thinking of you today.

KIM...wow, schools get out late there. Of course where I lived before school never got out until June so it has always been a little weird here when the kids got out in May. But then they start the end of August too so...hope you get some time to relax. And wtg for doing well OP.

MARTI...sorry about TOM. I am so glad I haven't had one in ages *knock on wood*...probably jinxed myself by saying that.

TAMMY...loved your post! very cute! Ha, that's what DH says to me as well. He always tells me I would save even more money if I didn't go to the mall, lol. Sometimes we just gotta shop though. Good luck with WI tomorrow.

SUE...sorry you had a crappy night. You reminded me that I have some things on my neck that need to be removed, lol. I really need to go an dhave all my moles checked. WTG on the bike ride!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Nuthin much going on today. Getting some cleaning done and laundry. Trying to get some things together that I will be taking on the trip Monday. I'll pack tomorrow evening. May be up early enough Monday to drop a line before I go. Think we will be heading out about 7:30, 8'ish. Wanting to miss some morning traffic in some places and that should do it. Anyway...

Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend!

kehb
06-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Ok, couple of questions here. What or who is TOM? And what does OP and WWD mean? I've got some guesses that OP means On Program and WWD means Weight Watchers Drop out?????? Just guesses though, so please don't be offended if I'm wrong.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday!! I've been promising my son, Austin, that we would eat mexican the next time his dad had to work on a Saturday (dh is a little burned out on mexican...long story), so we ate mexican today for lunch. Because of that, I'm going to have to really watch myself for the rest of the day. I've already calculated in my supper and I'm over 100 calories over my limit. I'll excercise tonight and earn those 100 back and thensome, so I'll be back within my limit, but I don't like cutting it that close. But it's ok....it was a good lunch. After lunch we went to the firestation to visit dh. He had bought a watermelon and that was our dessert. Man, it was good. My first of the season. In about 30 mins. or so, we'll be going to my parents for supper. I think I might bike a little before then. Maybe I can get some extra exercise in today to help with that loaded lunch. Who knows?!?! ;)

Hope you all have a good afternoon!!!

sz2atheart
06-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm back from dh's company picnic and did pretty good. Just took tiny spoonsfull of salads, beans, had pit beef and then only had watermelon for dessert. Drinking water like crazy now to get rid of any salt intake. The weather was beautiful. Picnic was on the waterfront with a great breeze. I could have sat there all day watching the sailboats but dh wanted to get home to cut the lawn and I knew that my boys needed to got outside to pee.

Kim--you crack me up!! I surely confused you with the WWD. I meant to say WDW which is Walt Disney World. Jane and Pinkjane are Disney addicts and Pinkjane is planning her next vacation there. TOM is our time of the month. It took me awhile to figure that one out in the beginning. My dh calls my TOM the "Red Cadillac". It was our way of talking about it when we were dating and we didn't want out kids to know what we were talking about. He used to call me and ask if the red cadillac was still "idling" in my driveway or if it had backed out and moved on to someone else's house. He just wanted to know if he was going to get lucky that night or continue to take cold showers!! You're right about OP being on program. Lastly, my boys that go outside to pee are my two yappy little dogs, Oliver & Cody. We just call them "the boys" Didn't want you to think I sent my boys outside to pee, which would have been a great idea when my son was little. Would have cut done on the bathroom cleaning!!

Cristina--I made out like a bandit at Penney's. I got 3 pr of shorts, 7 tops and 3 undies for $110.

Ok, need to take the boys out for a walk and plant some flowers in my deck rail flower boxes. Hugs to all!!

PinkSands
06-09-2007, 08:06 PM

Just got off the treadmill and thought I would check in...Hubby got home around 2 pm...they took longer to work on the truck then he liked but at least it's done for now...he's sacked out on the couch right now LOL...I dug out my playstation and have been playing tomb raider, I am SO out of practice LOL but it's fun...I went out and about yesterday and bought myself a mini stepper and now my thighs are calling me very bad names!! but that's a good thing cause it means it's working...well I am off to chop up veggies for dinner...Have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 92 days away! ( Sorry Tammy;))

sz2atheart
06-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey Pinky!! I've got 34 days till my Myrtle Beach Vacation!!

Sassy_Chick
06-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Hey all.

We're back. We actually got back early, about 1:30 p.m. or so. We only had a few hours sleep and so when we got home, we crashed. lol. Everything went ok, I mean as ok as a funeral can go I guess. My grandma was glad to see us there. I also got to see my "evil" step-sister too. lol. J/K, she's not the "evil" one, that is the youngest and darn it she couldn't make it. lol. I know that sounds horrible. But we mostly just "tolerated" each other for my step dad and so after he passed, we haven't seen each other since and have liked it that way. We're not mean or anything to each other, just you know one of those "relatives" you just are civil too at family functions, etc. lol. She actually gave DH & me a hug, I was shocked. lol.

Anyways. I was okay until at the Mass this girl got up and said something about my step dad (who passed in 03') and also when they had my mom take up my step dad's picture up by the casket. :cry:

Cristina -- We are off, but a co-worker just got up and left when they were really swamped, so that left just one person to run 6 conference calls + the calls still coming in. So our boss begged DH to come in for a couple hours to help out is all. Just really irked me though, but I won't go into that.

Shy Moment
06-09-2007, 08:52 PM
I am so tickled. I have been on this site about a month. In the last month I have lost 5lbs, had a doc appointment last month on the 9th too. Not much I guess but to me its a dream comeing true. Yes, I still have alot to lose BUT I have less to lose today than I did a month ago. Praise The Lord. :)

Marti
06-10-2007, 03:10 AM
Helloooooo!!!

Welcome Shy moment!! :wave:

Getting ready for bed and wanted to pop in quickly....this is full so lets head over to 255.