Old 06-02-2007, 07:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 something wkend chat: june 2 and 3

okay all, just a quick check in. I need all you guys to send good vibes my way. We found a GREAT and i do mean great house yesterday (it was the only one we liked out of 8). So we put a bid in last night. Well guess what...so did someone else. The seller told us last night to give him our best offer and he would make a decision today at 2. So this morning, we're going back to the realtor and doing a new bid. Dh and i are still deciding what to offer. We're going to offer full price (the house was previously listing for about 20K more than the current price), we just haven't decided if we're going to ask for any closing costs. We're really stressing right now since we really needed to find a house this weekend. So in the meantime...since the seller will tell us who "won" the bid, we are going to go back out and try to find more places. I'm so beyond frustrated right now. Oh well. Hopefully it will work out. Talk to you guys later. Wish me luck...we really really need it. And oh yea besides the house being very cute and having 1/2 acre land....the neighbor behind it has a large plot of land with some horses...maybe i can get to know him and work something out with my horse?????????????
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #2  
Sherry

Height: 5'7"

Gatorgal~ definetly sending good vibes your way. Horses in your back yard...so jealous.

Okay, I need to vent to someone and my sister is busy this morning. Usually my husband is the best. I think he may be the one with PMS this week. He came home from work yesterday and was telling me how he doesn't really care for the couple we are going camping with and that he doesn't really want to go. Not an option because I have half of the food. So we are leaving after he gets off work today. Lots of fun right? Anyway no big deal I just won't plan anything like this with them again.

So then this morning I stepped on the scale and I have gained another pound. I am upset and I tell him and he starts lecturing me about the way I have been eating. I am not saying I have been the best but I have started working out (cardio) at least 5 day a week. Not just a leisurely walk either. I ran 2.4 miles in 35 min. yesterday. I have completely given up iced tea and am drinking mostly water all day. I haven't changed the way I eat just yet because I wanted to get the workout part of my daily schedule. Trying to take one thing at a time. Then work on the eating. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.

Okay I feel a little better.

I have a ton of stuff to get ready for tonight. I'll check back before we leave.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Sherry
J K L A s Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning! We are off to see Thomas and Friends on stage. I'm not sure how they will have trains on stage, but I guess I'm about to find out! LOL. We are going into the city so Alex will get to ride on a train to go see a show about trains. He only knows that we are going into the city. I hope he enjoys the show.

GG: Good luck today! I hope you get the house that you want. The one with horses for neighbors sounds great. I hope you can work something out.

Sherry: Don't ya just love it when the DH's don't speak up until right as an event is supposed to take place? I hope you can have a good time anyway.

Gotta go get the kids ready. I hope everyone is having a super great weekend!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #4  

Happy Saturday!...I am so exhausted...I think I slept for like 10 hours last night...didnt realize I was so tired, but I guess with everything that had gone on I was worn out...I have no idea what we are doing today...probalby not a lot at all..my 2 year old had a fever all day yesterday and last night..not sure yet today, he is still sleeping with daddy

gg: thoughts coming your way, that you get the house you want...that would be great to be able to keep your horse by you

sherry: try to make the best of it...maybe once there dh will be better about it, and keep working at the weight loss...it took me quite a while to start loosing even though I was making lifestyle changes..good luck sweetie

karen: how exciting!....I want to go see Thomas....I have been waiting for it to come to SF or Oakland, but I havent seen it here yet (unless I missed it)...you and the kids are going to have a blast!...have a great time

well....have a great day everyone!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!!

Today was my last day of real estate school!! Yeah!! Now I have to take the school exam and if I pass that, I take the state exam.

Karen, have fun at Thomas!! We wanted to go, but by the time we found out about it, we couldn't get good seats. Maybe next time...

GG, good luck with the bid...hope you get it!

Gotta go see what the boys are getting into!!

Last edited by LBH; 06-03-2007 at 08:36 AM.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:37 AM   #6  
LBH

Mornin' All!

Have a great day! I'll be here cleaning and waiting to hear about the house! It's supposed to rain today, but it looks pretty nice right now..
Old 06-03-2007, 08:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

well it looks like we have a house...wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!. So yesterday, we decided to go back and look at the house one last time before we made a final bid. Our realtor called up the owner and asked if we could come by. She was great...she made sure to tell him we were interested in the house but had other "options" (even though we didn't) and we just wanted to look at the house one last time before we made the final decision. So we spent an hour looking at the place and no major concerns. We then drove back to the realty office to put our final contract. While we were working on it...the seller's agent called us with a counter bid. I guess he freaked out thinking we might not want it..and also probably the other bid from the other ppl may have not been that good. SO he made a counter bid lower than was going to be our offer. So it worked out. We have a house. I'm very excited. We actually are staying thr tomorrow since we've already set up a house inspection first thing monday am. So keep your fingers crossed that the inspection goes well. One step closer to ending this crap. Hope every one has a great day. Got to run again. Bye all.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:10 AM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone!! Well, all night long "Thomas the Tank Engine rolling along...Thomas we love you!" has been playing in my head. The show was fun. It was a blast watching the excitement in Alex's eyes when he saw Thomas, Percy and Diesel come out on stage. The sound sucked and the theater was dilapidated, but it was fun for the kids. The trip into the city was HOT and LONG. The train was late and there was no air. Ugh. I was so happy to finally get to the theater.

Christina: I hope your little one is feeling better today.

Lauren: Congrats on finishing real estate school. I hope the tests are easy for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the house! I hope you hear soon.

GG: Yay!! I'm so happy for you. When will you be moving? Now, this is the place with the horse neighbors, right?

Lots to do today. Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!!!
GG congratulations on the house, that is great news!!!! I am so happy for you, send us a picture!!! wow! wouldn't it be great if you can make arrangements w/neighbor and keep your horse Congratulations again!!!!

Lauren good luck with your test! how is it going with the house?

Karen I know what you mean with the song sticking to your head for ever! I am glad you guys had a great time!

Christina you needed some rest, I am glad you were able to take a break, hope your little one feels better.

Sherry I hope you have a good time camping, sorry about DH. what a boomer, for him!

We are exhausted today, we went to six flags magic Mouton yesterday, what place, it was HORRIBLE, if we had not gone with our neighbor we would've turned around and come back home, the place is a literally a dump, there have been saying that they are closing the park soon, apparently they already closed 6 other six flag parks around the country and the park in Los Angeles, CA has a lot of problems with Gangs and crime, they even have a Sheriff's sub station at the entrance of the park, just to get into the park you have to go thru metal detectors that was shocking! We go to Disneyland all the time and nothing even comes close! I mean a dump, the yards are not manicured at all, as a matter of fact in some areas it already looks deserted. Well the very first ride we went on was Goliath, 225 ft drop at 85 mph, I thought I was going to get sick on the ride, DH came off and was pale, and poor Sean he was terrified, my neighbor was p****d all day because we didn't want to go on any other big roller coaster, our stomachs just couldn't handle it, DH was feeling sick must of the day. The only ride we enjoyed a lot was the "roaring rapids" we were on it 4 times, we were soaking wet! that is the only thing that "saved the day" We paid $100 extra to get fast passes and to our surprise the rides were not taking the fast passes, and no one bother to tell us that when we bought them, at the end of the day we wanted to get a refund, guess what? they are not refundable, wow what a difference between Disneyland and MM, can't even compare! Anyway, thank G-d we came home all in one piece!
Today we are not doing anything, we are staying home, I think I may go to the gym for a little while!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone... I haven't written in days and I need to send a quick note to everyone!

GG ~ fill us in on the GREAT house??? Sounds like a sweet deal all around for you and DH. When do you start the new job?

Sherry ~ You are probably sitting out in the bush somewhere as I type munching away on cupcake b-day cake... hope that the weather *and* hubbie cooperated... I invited a girlfriend over this evening to sit out on our porch and drink a little wine and talk. She sent an e-mail this morning saying that her DH is in town for the day (she's here trying to sell their house while he is out in NC with his new job). He surprised her and their two girls by coming home for the weekend so I went ahead and invited them all over this evening. My DH had a fit earlier when I told him about it. My friends' husband isn't my favorite person in the world, however, we're moving out of the neighborhood in a few weeks and won't ever see them again so I can't understand what the big deal is. Men.
Sherry, are you the one that asked about good workout music? I love listening to Rod Stewart's "Still the Same, Great Rock Classics of our Time." It's great!
Hi Karen ~ you sound like such a good mom... It's so neat to see how excited the kids get at stuff like that. My little ones is the type that shrieks with delight. Such fun.
Christina ~ I do hope that the worst is behind you. Too much tragedy in your life lately ~ no wonder you're exhausted! Talk about an emotional roller coaster.
Hi Lauren ~ can't wait to hear if they've accepted your offer. You need for GG to send you some good luck dust! I cannot tell you how excited we are about moving to a bigger house... we'll be living there in less than three weeks. Yippeee!!!! My FIL came into town yesterday to see the house and he was happy with what he saw. It is just so pretty!!! This is our last full Sunday living here and we have so much to do still. DH has been working outside all day and I've been inside packing. The kids are being so good as nearly all of their toys have been packed away. The three of them are sitting the living room floor with a huge box of Lego's. I can't believe that they've managed to entertain themselves for so long w/o driving me bonkers. Happy Sunday everyone! Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #11  
LBH

Joan, GREAT pics!! You and your girls are beautiful!

Our agent called a little while ago and said that their agent called and said they were working on a counter. Apparently they had an open house today, to drum up business, hoping for a better offer. I'm praying they don't get one...although I'm sure any sane person that sees it and makes an offer wouldn't make one better than ours. He said we'll hear something tomorrow.

Hanna, sorry about the bad experience. You couldn't get me to pay to go to a Six Flags. I'm not a ride person anyway, I like water parks better.

GG, CONGRATS on the house!!! Is this the one with the farm behind it?

Have a great night all!!