Old 06-01-2007, 11:33 AM   #1  
mathlab

S/C/G: 224/163/145

Height: 5'3"

Question Zumba workout question

Has anyone done the Zumba fitness with Beto DVDs? It looks like a lot of fun and I think I need a break from Walk Away the Pounds for a little while. I consider myself an intermediate/advanced workout person and am looking for something a little different, fun and not too complicated.
bethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/253/135?

Height: 5'7

Hi! I know this post is from a while ago, but I was wondering if you ever tried out the Zumba DVDs?

I just got them in the mail and I love them! I thought it was going to be a lot harder than it was to get all the moves down... Well, I still had a problem with some of them, but I'm sure practice will make perfect!

I only saw a few previews for the DVDs and wasn't sure if it was going to give me a really good work out, but I definitely got my answer today! I did all 4 of the DVDs and they were a lot of fun and it totally kicked my butt!! It was a lot of fun though and I don't think I will get bored of them.

Last edited by bxthin; 09-27-2007 at 09:33 PM.
bxthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #3  
mathlab

S/C/G: 224/163/145

Height: 5'3"

I just ordered the Beto Zumba DVDs on eBay (a much better price than at the zumba site) - am looking forward to trying them.

Did you do all 4 DVDs in one day? That seems like a LONG workout?

I'm sure that you'll get the moves down - practice make perfect.
bethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #4  

Let me know how you like the DVDs!

Yeah, I did all 4 DVDs yesterday. I guess it was kind of a long work out, but it was so much fun! It didn't seem very long. I made my brother do them with me and he's not really a big fan of dancing or working out, so he told me he is only going to do one a day. If you do one a day I would suggest doing the Power DVD. It has the most in it and the girl in that DVD makes it more fun, because she seems so excited!

Do you have any other fitness DVDs you enjoy? I really want to build a little collection. I always get bored and stop doing things, but I really love dancing so I'm hoping Zumba works out for me.

Hope you enjoy the DVDs!
Old 09-28-2007, 12:48 PM   #5  

I haven't tried the DVD's but I have a class I take locally and I LOVE it. The area teachers have made up routines to new songs as well as learned new ones at training so we have lots of variety. I have thought about buying the DVD set to do on off days. I've been looking at them for quite some time trying to decide whether to buy them or not. I am curious how many songs are on each dvd (and which ones they are to see if they are ones I know). It looks from online that they are about 30 - 45 minutes long each. Does that sound right?
ksk571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:16 PM   #6  

I was thinking about taking some of the Zumba classes offered here. I think I'm just a little afraid of being in a room full of people who probably know the stuff a lot better than I do. I might go and check it out though.

30-45 minutes each does sound about right. The songs on there... Hmm I think I have a cd with all the songs from the DVDs. This is what it says:

C'mon and Dance - Merengue-Hip Hop
Quien Baila, Quien Goza - Merengue
Zokalypso - Soca + Calypso
Ya Llego - Salsa
Muevete Pa'Ca Muevete Pa' lla - Reggaeton
Zamba Zumba - Samba
Cabo de la Vela - Salsa
Zumba Kumbia - Cumbia
La Fiesta - Flamenco + Belly Dance
MIra-La - Reggaeton
Zumba Te Va A Mover - Pop Kids
Aromuzak - Cool DOwn

I think thats all of them. Now I really am thinking about taking the classes. It might be good to learn new steps to new music. Will keep things interesting, I think. Let me know if you decide to get the DVDs and if they are as good as the classes.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:39 PM   #7  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I'm half tempted to buy Zumba now.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:33 PM   #8  

Half tempted! Haha, let me know if you do. I wonder if there is any way you can preview somewhere... I know youtube has short videos of Zumba classes. Idk, maybe you can check out some of those... to maybe get a better idea of some of the things in video. They might have bits and pieces from the DVD as well, but I'm not sure.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:49 PM   #9  
Hooping my Life Away

Collagevideo has one. It looks great but that'd be my allotted spending cash till November. And the reason why I joined netflix was preventing buying more vids I won't use. Such choices! I just think I need something other than WATP and I don't feel like my bellydance ones much.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:13 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
Collagevideo has one. It looks great but that'd be my allotted spending cash till November. And the reason why I joined netflix was preventing buying more vids I won't use. Such choices! I just think I need something other than WATP and I don't feel like my bellydance ones much.
I was just thinking about it and I remember you said you don't have a lot of room. The Zumba DVDs can take up a bit of room. There are a lot of side steps and also steps that go back and forth...
Old 09-28-2007, 08:50 PM   #11  
Hooping my Life Away

WATP uses side steps. I just have to go diagonal toward my door if I want to do them. I'm hoping once I get unpacked and what not, I can get more room. It's just hard cause right now I have a huge space or so that is filled with stuff that I can't unpack or organize. >.<
Old 09-28-2007, 09:51 PM   #12  

Hope you're able to get everything unpacked! I might look into getting WATP. I'm not sure though, cause I always get bored when I'm just walking or running. I'll just preview it before hand.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #13  
Hooping my Life Away

It's great especially when you don't want to work out. It does seem to go pretty fast. Cueing is excellent. After a few plays I started to use my MP3 during the walks because the chatter was a tad bit annoying. Whenever I do add weights I feel it the next day. I just rented Denise Austin's Indoor Walk to compare them. Denise is like she's possessed.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:22 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxthin View Post
I was thinking about taking some of the Zumba classes offered here. I think I'm just a little afraid of being in a room full of people who probably know the stuff a lot better than I do. I might go and check it out though.

30-45 minutes each does sound about right. The songs on there... Hmm I think I have a cd with all the songs from the DVDs. This is what it says:

C'mon and Dance - Merengue-Hip Hop
Quien Baila, Quien Goza - Merengue
Zokalypso - Soca + Calypso
Ya Llego - Salsa
Muevete Pa'Ca Muevete Pa' lla - Reggaeton
Zamba Zumba - Samba
Cabo de la Vela - Salsa
Zumba Kumbia - Cumbia
La Fiesta - Flamenco + Belly Dance
MIra-La - Reggaeton
Zumba Te Va A Mover - Pop Kids
Aromuzak - Cool DOwn

I think thats all of them. Now I really am thinking about taking the classes. It might be good to learn new steps to new music. Will keep things interesting, I think. Let me know if you decide to get the DVDs and if they are as good as the classes.

Thanks for listing all of the songs! Many of them sound familiar! I really enjoy the classes. It took me a few weeks to get the hang of it (I'm very uncoordinated). I am 36 and am one of the younger people in my class. Most of my class is fairly new. There is quite a variety of fitness levels and skill. My instructor always says that it's okay of you don't get the steps perfect as long as you're moving!!

One of the things that have kept me from getting the dvd's is the fear that I would get tired of the same old songs. One thing I like about the class is they have a huge variety of songs that it never gets old. I think since you already have the dvd's you would be familiar with many of the steps and would have an advantage from just starting from scratch. There seem to be about a dozen steps that they do - or a variety of those steps. I think you should try the class for at least a session to see how you like it. (Do you respond to peer pressure? )
ksk571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
Thanks for listing all of the songs! Many of them sound familiar! I really enjoy the classes. It took me a few weeks to get the hang of it (I'm very uncoordinated). I am 36 and am one of the younger people in my class. Most of my class is fairly new. There is quite a variety of fitness levels and skill. My instructor always says that it's okay of you don't get the steps perfect as long as you're moving!!

One of the things that have kept me from getting the dvd's is the fear that I would get tired of the same old songs. One thing I like about the class is they have a huge variety of songs that it never gets old. I think since you already have the dvd's you would be familiar with many of the steps and would have an advantage from just starting from scratch. There seem to be about a dozen steps that they do - or a variety of those steps. I think you should try the class for at least a session to see how you like it. (Do you respond to peer pressure? )

You're welcome! Yeah, I really do think I might try out the classes. I'm glad I got the DVDs first, cause I probably would have been tripping over myself if I had gone to the classes first. -_-;; What kind of songs do the play? Old? New? The salsa steps takes some getting used to! I cannot turn and twist around that fast! Lol. What else is hard... The samba and calypso steps are hard for me! Do you do a lot of those steps in the class? I will let you know if I decide to go to a class!