WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for June

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for June

Tina
06-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Hello everyone,
If you are new here, please come in and stay forever.
We are a wacky, crazy group who care for one another.
You'll laugh, you'll cry, you might get some good advice along the way.

I'm counting down to my doctor visit. That probably sounds really silly to some of you. But, I've been so careful with fat, fiber, points, exercise. I am ready to show him how much I've improved since last year.
And, as soon as I finish, I'm going out to breakfast at McDonald's. Yea! :dizzy:

Everyone post.
Tina
:flow1:

Treighsie
06-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi Tina! I'm Tracy. I am fellow WW'er. Trying to be good today!! Busy busy evening planned... middle child has an appt. with the psychologist at 5, then Boy Scout ceremony at 6:30, and then daughter has softball game at 8. Somewhere in there I'll try to get a decent dinner!! And I weigh in tomorrow morning so I need to be very careful! I'd love to get take out but I'd rather havea good weigh in!!!
Hot hot hot here!
Talk to you again soon!

Tina
06-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Hi Tracy, it's great meeting you. It sounds like you could have a lot of obstacles in your way but you are going to get healthy inspite of them.
Good luck and come post here again.

Treighsie
06-02-2007, 12:05 AM
I have 3 obstacles... LOL!! My 3 kids! They keep me on the run! BUT-- I am trying very hard, because my goal in life is to be the best mom I can, and I know I need to be healthy and happy in order to achieve that goal.
I'm hungry, and craving *anything* chocolate. Went out to dinner... only choice... and my son ordered an ice cream cone but they put the wrong ice cream... so I ate it. I'm so mad at myself! I weigh in in the morning... hope it doesn't show up! Aacckk!!

auntie
06-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Howdy,
Tina, aren't you impressed I found the new thread so quick!!! ;)

Tracy, welcome to the group. We have a great group here if I say so myself! Some of my closest and dearest friends are here, and I've made them just from being on this thread. We have been through a lot together and are always excited when someone new joins us! So WELCOME!

Tammy, how are you doing? How is Tim?

This is my last full day down here with Mom and Dad. I'm going to scrub the floors now. Anyone want to help? It's been a blast being here. I might go home and sleep for a week. Mom's mood is SO delightful! :(

Last night, my older sister told my mom that she needed to talk to the dr. about being depressed. She's not eating and just mopes around. She told mom, you have to eat or you will die....... plus there is a family history of depression. You have children that have it, you have sisters that have it. Lu started crying, I started crying....... Mom said "Ok I will, now don't cry." (In a motherly way) Well, this morning I was helping her out to the car, her and my dad were going someplace..... my mom said "I am NOT depressed. I am NOT going to die. Ya'll need to stop this." So I called my sister and told her. WE are fed up!!! So Mom had time to think about it and is now MAD!!!

I can't remember if I told you that the other day, we tried to spike her milk with protein powder and we started laughing. She got mad and went to bed. She thought we were laughing at her. Well, she didn't speak to me until about noon the next day. I think only because my dad wasn't home and she wanted to talk. So who knows if she will talk to us now. Gosh, she is so much of a BULL HEAD!!! Now does that explain anything to you about me? :D

I bought my dad a easy lift recliner that will lift him out of the chair. I'm tired of seeing him not be able to get up. It will be here on Wednesday. It's a lazy boy and really nice.

Oh well, enough venting..... :hug: ya'll are the best! I just need to vent a little.

My food hasn't been great. I'm sure the dietician won't be happy. I didn't get to the gym 4 times like Mitch told me too. But I don't stop until I go to bed so that should count for something.

So Tina, shall we start singing Happy Birthday to you now??????? It's just a few days away!!!!!

I Heart Diet Coke
06-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Hey this is Brittany. I'm new to WW I just attended my first meeting this week. It was pretty good. I'm really excited about seeing how this plan works for me and my lifestyle. I have tried EVERY diet under the sun but always skipped over WW because I wanted to loose the weight fast fast fast... well what ended up happening is what happens to a lot of people with every diet I would lose some weight but it was just too hard to stick to and I would get discouraged and fall off the wagon for a couple of months before trying the new fad diet. each time I lost some weight I gained back more than I started with!

I'm hoping that WW will give me the freedom to eat smaller portions of my favorite foods so that this will be something that I can actually stick to for the long haul.

any tips or encouragement would be great!

Tina
06-03-2007, 06:04 PM
It's Sunday!
I'm Baaack and you didn't even realize I was gone. :lol: Yesterday afternoon our monitor quit working. Talk about withdrawal----I didn't know what I'd do without the computer. I might have to use the telephone.:o
We took it in this afternoon. It would cost more to have it repaired than to buy a new cheap one. We opted for a cheap one. :D So here I am, a happy person again.

Hi Brittany, it's so nice to meet you. We're so happy you've come here.
Yes, WW is a great, healthy lifestyle. You don't have to deprive yourself of your favorite things. Be sure to journal. That really helps me.

How is everyone today....????

auntie
06-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Welcome Brittany!!!!

Tina, I'm glad you got a new monitor! Yes, it's a withdrawal to not be able to get on.

I'm home. I left this afternoon and Pat picked me up. I am so tired my head hurts. I've dosed off and on in the chair all afternoon. I scrubbed the floors yesterday so I didn't get on line. My brother came and took us to dinner (and Mom went) he bought me 3 margaritas. My sister in law (well really it's his girl friend but they've been together abotu 10 years if not longer) kept saying you look so tired. I WAS!!!!!

Got dad an easy lift chair that should be there on Wed. That should help him. Mom seemed to be doing better today. She called a little while ago saying that her and dad missed me. :( Me too.

Tomorrow back to being on program!!!!

Tammy, where are you Honey?????

Tina
06-04-2007, 05:59 PM
It's quiet here today--Monday.

Tammy, where are you friend?????? You are never this quiet. I hope things are okay with you and yours.

Susan, I'm so glad you got back safely. You didn't need any formal exercise. You did so much at your parents house. Cleaning the floors is quite a job. How about you come clean my kitchen floor! :lol: With all our rain and Larry working outside, that floor is a mess.

I went for a manicure this afternoon. It was so relaxing. I opted out of their neck/shoulder massage. Just wanted pretty nails today.
Well, I go see my dr. tomorrow morning. I'm hoping his scales are good to me. I'll let y'all know.

Maureen, you haven't posted in months. POST!!!! :^:

Tammy
06-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Tina, I'm sure the doctor will be impressed with how you've done!! I'm with you about not having a computer. I go crazy without one. I've never had a manicure. I think I would have gone for the massage.

Welcome to Tracy and Brittany!!

I'll be back to continue later!!

Tammy
06-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Tracy, I'm a Boy Scout mom too. Tim earned his Eagle Scout about 3 years ago. Alot of work, but well worth it. Ice cream is my big downfall. I've tried to switch to sugar free and/or fat free the past few years.

Brittany, good luck on WW!! I know it works if you do what you should. Me, I'm a bad role model for WW because I don't do what I should.

Susan, I'm glad you were able to spend time with your parents even though your mom is a bit stubborn. She must be related to Bob!! lol Bob has mentioned one of those easy lift chairs for me especially when I'm having one of my bad days. I don't want to give in yet. I still think I can do more than I can sometimes.

Things were hectic with graduation parties over the weekend, so I wasn't on here as you can tell. Sunday we took off and went to southern Indiana to one of those gambling boats again. We had a coupon to stay overnight for free, discounted meals, and cash just for showing up. How could we refuse?? lol We had fun. When we left yesterday, we decided instead of coming straight home to go up through Indiana and take Tim for lunch. What good is a cell phone if you don't turn it on???? My first message I left was when he was still in class, so I didn't expect him to answer. The next call was when we were about 10 miles from Muncie. Still had to leave a message. Next call is when we are outside of his dorm. We could see his window was open on the 4th floor, but we could also see his fan on so we couldn't call up to him. We couldn't get into the dorm without a key! There was a guy sitting there and came over to help us out. Come to find out he lives a couple doors down from Tim. He went up, knocked on his door, and told Tim his parents were downstairs. I know it gave Tim a scare at first, he thought something was wrong. We ended up at Olive Garden. I had soup, salad, and breadsticks. Also water with lemon! No Diet Coke!!

We both took naps when we finally got home. Gambling in the wee hours of the morning wore us out. I did penny and nickel machines this time. The last time we went I did quarter machines and did very well.

Meeting some teachers tomorrow for lunch for our monthly get-together. Should be fun. We started that after I retired the end of February. Now there are 2 of us from the group who are retired.

Sorry I was missing!!
Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Treighsie
06-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi everyone! Ugh, I feel yucky today. Period came in the middle of the night... and it's a painful one. I hate cramps! And headaches! And that stubborn weight that stinks around all week long.

Enough about that.
Today has been a good day! I've only eaten 10 points out of my 20. I took a nice walk, pushing a double stroller. And I've drank almost 2 bottles of water. I NEED that scale to start moving *down* again....!!!

Tonight my daughter has a Spring Concert at school.

Tammy, my son Will just became a Wolf. And Colby will start cub scouts next year. My daughter is a Junior Girl Scout. :)

Tammy
06-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Tracy, I've been crampy all day today. I am too old to still be dealing with this!

I've done well on food today also. Just hope I don't get the munchies before bedtime. Is it Tiger, Bear, then Wolf? I was Den Leader for Tigers and the next one. I was there to help out with all the levels after those though. It was a fun time in our lives, so enjoy every minute!! I also helped coach Tim's baseball teams in the summer. He is in college now, so I don't get to help out too much now except when it's talking about classes or women!! lol

It is so cool here! The high was about 70 today. A nice breeze has been blowing all day, it has been sunny.

Tina
06-05-2007, 11:32 PM
I wouldn't mind some of that cool weather. The high here today was 90. Tomorrow it's expected to get up to 93. It's definitely summer weather now. :D
Brittany, how are you doing?
Tracy, sorry about the cramps. That's no fun.
Susan, have you been sleeping all day, resting up?
Tammy, I missed you--didn't know what happened to you.:D
I've never heard of penny slot machines. That's a new one. Glad you all had a good time.
About the cell phone---David only turns his on in the car. I wish he'd turn it on at home, when he's on the computer. That way I could get him if I needed to. We got him the phone, years ago, for safety while driving.
Olive Garden.....Yummy that's where we're going for my birthday meal. :)

Oh, I told my doctor how hard it was to lose weight. He did some blood work to check metabolism stuff. And, he said that he told people that Weight Watcher's was a very good program. How about that, smart doctor!

Tammy
06-06-2007, 06:40 AM
Tina, right now it is 48 degrees! It's very cool in here, and there are no windows open. I hadn't seen the penny slots when we were there before. I think they keep them hidden. Tim doesn't have a phone in his dorm room, so the cell is the only way to contact him. They have a place for one, but the school doesn't furnish one. Last year his roommate brought a "real" phone for their room. Tim will be getting one for the fall for sure. He'll be in the same room as last year, but his roommate and his other friends are all moving to the brand new dorm across campus. Tim is staying where he is because of his job.

When is your b-day???? Can I meet you at Olive Garden? Let us know what the bloodwork shows.

Tina
06-06-2007, 01:07 PM
News
Susan sent a personal e-mail saying Pat went to the ER on Monday, with chest pains.
Tomorrow (Thursday), he is having an angioplasty on an artery to the stomach.
We'll all want to keep both of them in our thoughts and prayers.

Tina
06-07-2007, 09:34 PM
I hope Pat is doing well after his surgery today. I'll be glad when Susan let's us know.

My doctor's nurse called this afternoon. All the bloodwork came back good.
I take Synthroid to suppress a thyroid nodule. He wants me to up the dosage for 3 months.
He thinks it might help my metabolism get moving. We'll see. Something's got to get me losing these pounds.
Oh, they want everyone to have an HIV test now. Strange! Mine came back negative......of course. :lol:

Tammy
06-07-2007, 10:07 PM
I do hope Susan sends a message about Pat. I've been thinking about them all day!!! Glad your bloodwork came back ok. Maybe I need some of that to get my metabolism moving. I am so glad your HIV test came back negative.

Talked to Tim a while ago. He'll be home for the town festival this weekend but he doesn't know whether he is coming home tomorrow or Saturday. The parade is at 11:00 on Sat., and Bob will be in the color guard. It is always a very nice parade.

It was 93 here today, and I didn't like it. Bob was cold, so we didn't have the AC on. Had the windows open with a nice breeze blowing, but I felt pretty yucky most of the day. I really think he needs to go to the doctor and be checked. He has also been very tired.

Tina
06-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Evening,

Tammy, you really should get Bob to a doctor. Maybe he has anemia? There is some reason why he's cold and it's 93 outside. It is certainly not good for you to get hot.

Dee, what's going on with you? When do you leave the country?

Come on people, let's here what's happening. :D

auntie
06-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Hi,

Pat will be coming home tomorrow!!!! YEA!!! 99.9% blockage of that mesenteric artery. The doctor said No wonder it hurt everytime he ate. Pat ate this evening and I almosted cried because he wasn't in pain.

I can't believe Bob is cold. I think it's warm at that and we live in Texas.

Tina, hope the increase in meds work. The dr. did tell me that he wanted me to get the name brand instead of generic this time around.

Ya'll are the best!!!! Just thought I would tell ya'll again.

Tina
06-08-2007, 10:39 AM
That's great news about Pat!!!!! I am so happy for y'all.
Snakes :o :o :o I don't like those things, either.

Tammy, have a super weekend. (I plan on it. ;) )

Today I'm not exercising, officially. I have lots of "running around" to do.
Everyone have a super day.

Tammy
06-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Nice day here. Cooler so it was nice at the parade. I did get a bit too much sun on my upper arms though. I wore a sleveless shirt which I rarely wear.

Tina, I hope your running around was LOTS AND LOTS OF FUN!!!

Susan, I thought about you when I saw Tim watching the Indy race a while ago. How is Pat feeling?

Tammy
06-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Another beautiful day here.
Tim went back to school about 6:00. This is his last week of classes. He has really enjoyed them. I hope his grades show that!!!! He'll be home sometime on Friday afternoon. We are going over on Thursday to bring home the refrigerator and anything else he doesn't need for the rest of Thurs. and Fri.

We'll be leaving on our trip on the 16th. N. Dak. , S. Dak., Montana, and I foprget where else!!! Good thing we have the map!!!

maureen kempster
06-10-2007, 11:27 PM
good evening ladies

I know it's been forever since I've written, I've been just working and not doing much of anything else. I have made up my mind that I'm going to start going to a meeting once a week at noon-I have to get with it and maybe that will motivate me. I feel like I'm starting to gain weight again and I want to stop it before it gets out of hand. I'm glad everyone is well. I bought a bicycle and I think I'll start bringing it to work-right now I walk but I'll take the long way and get a bit more exercise in. Tammy, if you're going to montana, you should keep going north and come up to edmonton!!! Tina, I'm glad all's well with you too. Susan, I envy you're stick to itness!! I'd never stick to the personal training like you do.

I'm always here even when I don't post, but i will try & start posting more often

maureen

Tina
06-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Here I am!!!!!

Susan, you would be jealous.....we went to San Antonio yesterday and spent the night at the Omni La Mansion del Rio Hotel. The weather was great and the food was better. :lol: Larry took me away for my birthday.

Tammy, your vacation is right around the corner. When did y'all plan all of this? I know Tim will be glad to get away fro school work.

Maureen, it is so good to hear from you. I'm glad you are doing well.
I heard that the Canadian hockey team won. Good for them!!!

Has anyone had blackberry, lavender homemade ice cream? We tried it at a Lavender festival today. It was a horrible flavor. Yuck! Larry went back and got me some homemade peach ice cream. :D

Tomorrow, it's back OP.

Tammy
06-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Maureen, it's great to hear from you! Bob has our trip planned almost to the minute. I would love to meet you, but it won't happen on this trip. Good idea about the bike. I should start riding Tim's around town.

Tina, we started planning this a couple months ago. I had us going to some different places in Michigan, but Bob came up with this idea. We've never been to these states, so we'll all be experiencing something new. Since we'll have Tim with us, it will be better to take a longer trip now while he's with us to help drive. I mentioned flying, but Bob didn't want to do that.

Carol, Melissa, and I are taking off July 8-11 for Holmes County in Ohio. Amish country. We've been there a couple times before, but it has been at least 6 years. I'm sure things have changed a bit. We are looking forward to it.

I think Bob and Tim are going to take a guy trip sometime in July.

Tina
06-12-2007, 05:49 PM
It's soooo hot here! Maybe it will melt off some pounds. :D :D :D

Susan, how is Pat doing?

Tammy, that sounds like a great trip.

Dee, how are you doing?

Maureen, I'm so glad you are reading the posts. Just wish you would write more often.

Where is everyone?????????????

maureen kempster
06-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Hi ladies

I sure envy you southern ladies-it's not very warm here right now-it's supposed to get nicer by the weekend-I sure hope so. Tina Ottawa didn't win the Stanley cup, The Ducks did & I think they're from Anaheim-I don't really follow hockey it's just that last year edmonton oilers were in the playoffs and this year the Ottawa senators were(I grew up in Ottawa). Tammy, how long is your trip going to be? I'm hoping to go to Ireland in October-the people I work for are from Belfast and their brother owns a hotel in downtown Belfast so I know I'll be able to get a discount on accommodations anyway. I'll go to Ottawa at Christmas. I've never been anywhere really so I'm really looking forward to going. I'm trying to stick to program but I find it really hard at night. What does everyone else do?

I should go talk to you all later

maureen

auntie
06-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Hi,

Don't want ya'll to faint but I exercised twice today. I took a spin class and burned 781 calories, then I worked out later with Mitch and burned 452 calories. I feel pretty good. I am not sure if I can do it everyday but I might do it some.

Maureen, it's great to hear from you. The only reason I've been good at working out it because of my adorable trainer. Plus I have really felt much better.

Tina, How about the Spurs? What a great birthday!!! That's where we stayed on our wedding night.

Tammy, don't forget to get us a present!!!! I found something today on Fibro and I'll put it in the mail. I thought of you....

Pat's doing pretty good. He is still very sore and has a very huge purple bruise in his groin!!!

Oh, guess what... I'm going to work at a jewelry store part time and for pay, I'll get jewelry. :) I've already gotten it. It's the store where I go all the time and it's a family owned business. The parents are going to retire and the daughter is going to take it over. They are closing one of the stores. They have been trying to get me to work since we lost Seamus. I can work whenever.... but I will alot between now and the end of the month. Pretty cool huh!

Tina
06-13-2007, 12:33 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: That shows how much I know about hockey. Maureen, sorry the Canadians didn't win.
About eating in the evening....if I get hungry after supper, I have a Diet Coke or some sugar free ice cream. So you might try that.

Susan, that's great about the job. I wish I had an easy/fun job like that.
And, don't make yourself too sore with all that spinning and exercising. Good job!!!!!

Tammy, are you busy packing? You will have a fabulous time.

Go Spurs!

Chanty1483
06-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Hey everyone! I thought I would show myself in this thread as I always just seem to lurk around. As I mentioned in the Weigh In thread, I've been on a hiatus for the past few weeks, but I'm back OP now. I haven't been writing anything down, but I'm finding that it is a lot easier to make sensible decisions after being on WW for so long. Also, the gym I joined forever ago finally opened on Monday, and so far I've been 2 days in a row. Last night I did this Ballistic class, with those big exercise balls...that was an a** kicker! Susan, I can't believe you burned 781 calories in a single spin class...that's incredible! I've never been to one, but I've heard they are fantastic.

So my little pup Cleo gave both my husband and I quite the scare this past weekend. Long story short, she ate some Riddex (skunk and rodent poison) on Friday night. On Saturday she wasn't quite herself, but we figured it was just because she was up so late w/ us on Friday (a few friends were hanging out in the hot tub w/ Dave and I) well on Saturday night when Dave and I got home from a wedding, we noticed her poop was bright green. We immediately brought her in to the Emergency Vet (it was after 11PM) and the vet did some blood work. Well needless to say, little Miss Cleo is a very lucky girl. The Vet said that had we waited any longer she would've died. The poison was just starting to take effect. She's now on vitamin K treatments for the next 6 weeks, but our vet said she should be just fine. That was probably the most terrifying experiences ever. I'm just glad she's going to be okay. That little pup has been through so much in the 1 year of her life.

Anyway, that's what is going on with me. Hope everyone else is well.

auntie
06-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Hi,

Well my little sister (Amy) just called. My dad is on the way to the hospital, actual he is there now. He went to the doctor yesterday for a check up and she called today and said "get to the hospital his blood count was way too low" So he is bleeding from someplace. She thinks it might be an ucler since he is on blood thinner medication and aspirin due to the stroke a while back. He will be getting blood tonight and then hopefully a gastro doc will come take care of the rest. If it's not one thing it's another.

I told my sister "I just can't come right now, Pat still needs me." He is still working from home still and is very sore. He is doing much better.

Chantal, Poor Cleo! She has really had a tough time. The spin class is so much fun!!! Time goes by fast and I enjoy it. I seem to burn a lot of calories everytime I do one. I'm going to another one tomorrow.

Tina, I laughed when you said "don't get too sore" because I'm not sore but I'm very tired. I actually thinking that it's all that has been going on.

I lost 2 pounds today. I lost what I gained last week so I'm now at 5.25. I wish it came off easy..... don't we all!

Tammy
06-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Maureen, our trip starts Sat. morning, and we will be home sometime on the 28th. We are all looking forward to it. Your trip to Ireland sounds wonderful!

Susan, thanks in advance for the fibro article. I saw another friend at Wal Mart today, and she said she has something for me too. Keep us posted on your dad and Pat!!

Tina, I have things on the dresser, dining room table and chairs, but I haven't put one thing in a suitcase yet! They are still in the cupboard in the garage, and I have to move things to get to them, and I've been waiting for Bob to do that. I guess I'll have to do it myself.

Chantal, that Cleo really has been through alot!!!!

Yesterday Melissa, Carol, and I went on a riverboat lunch cruise for Melissa's 50th b-day. Her daughter arranged it all as a surprise for her. We had a great time. I told Bob that I think we should do that sometime, and he said it sounded like fun. In fact, while we were on the cruise, we talked about all of us taking our hubbies, but we decided that they would probably want to sit at a different table or even be on another floor away from us!!!!

Tina
06-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Hi,
Chantal, that is so scary about Cleo. Poor baby, she has had a hard time recently. And you have had a hard time worrying about her. I know that from experience.

Susan, please keep us up-to-date on your ailing family.

Tammy, do you make lists, too? That's what I used to do. Now I just wait until the last moment and throw things into the cases. :lol:

auntie
06-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Hi,

They did an endoscope on Dad today and found nothing. So tomorrow they are going to do and colonoscopy. He had to have another unit of blood too. They have to find what it is SOON!!

Pat is much better! Still moving a little slow but beginning to get onry :) So I know he is feeling better.

Tina, i just throw things in the suit case. I use to stress but Pat said if you forget it, just go buy it. So now that is what I do.

Tomorrow is my first official day of work at the jewelry store (after I get my hair done of course.) I'm excited. I'll have to scope out the counters for else I want. Right now, I'll be working for awhile to get my watch and earrings. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tammy
06-14-2007, 11:13 PM
I used to make lists. Now I figure if I forget something, I'll just stop at Wal Mart somewhere. lol

Susan, have fun at the new job!!!

auntie
06-14-2007, 11:25 PM
I just hope I don't put us in debt tomorrow :)

Tina
06-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Susan, have fun tomorrow.
And, remember all your "good" friends here. We all want things, too.
:D

Tammy
06-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Susan, you can go in debt if you buy us something. That's allowed. I would like a nice ring. Nothing fancy of course. I wear an 8 or a 9 depending on the fibro days. Weird, huh?

Tina
06-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Tammy, have a super fun time on your vacation!!!

Tammy
06-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks Tina!!
Right now I am of the mind to stay home. Bob and Tim have already gotten into it about stupid things. Happens every time. Don't know what to say to them. It gets so frustrating. Maybe I'll just drink a bottle of wine and go to bed.

Tina
06-16-2007, 07:01 PM
How is everyone doing today???
It's been raining here, on and off. At least it cooled things down a little.
This weekend is another "lost" one. It's Larry's birthday and Father's Day. I made pancakes this morning. Yummmmm.....

I did lose the pounds that I gained over my birthday weekend and our anniversary. I guess that's good because I'm sure I'll gain this weekend. At least that is the end of festivities for some time. :lol:

Maybe Tammy drank her bottle of wine and felt like going on the trip. :D

What's everyone doing this weekend?

Tina
06-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Happy Monday--
I'm definitely ready to go somewhere away from all good and fattening foods. :o Larry's birthday/Father's Day yesterday almost did me in. I've got to just quit eating to lose what I gained.
No, I haven't gotten on the scales, I just feel bloated. :(

Susan, how was work?
Maureen, how is the bike?
I'm sure Tammy is having fun, at least if Tim and Bob aren't fighting.
Does anyone know if Dee has gone overseas yet?
Terry, how are you doing?
Chantal, how is our little Cleo doing????????

Tina
06-22-2007, 12:32 PM
I seem to be the only person alive on the boards this week. :(:(:(

I've eaten way too much and need to get back OP.
Larry goes back to work on Monday. That's the day I start back exercising and eating correctly.
Oh, my dr. prescribed another dosage of Synthroid for me to try. The last was too much and made my heart race. So, we'll see if this is okay with my body and helps my metabolism at the same time.

It's lonely here all by my lonesome. hint..hint..hint

Tina
06-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi Tina, how are you today? Well, I'm just fine, thank you for asking. :lol: :lol:
Like Tammy has done, I'm talking to myself here. hint..hint..hint.. I need someone to answer. :D

I've had a good day. Friends from out-of-town came in to spend the day. We ate some very healthy Italian food. However, tonight Larry wants burgers. Monday will be a day of healthy eating.

Tina
06-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Happy Monday! It's really wet here. That's good for the grass.

Tammy, I thought you were going to write us while on vacation. I miss you!!!

Susan, how is the new job?

Chantal, how is Cleo doing?

How are all the members here? Well, no one else is here.

Chanty1483
06-26-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm here!! It's soooo hot here right now...yesterday was 90 without the humidex...today is supposed to be hotter...I just wish it wasn't so humid out.

Cleo is doing well, thanks so much for asking! She is still taking her vitamin K treatments and it seems to be working well.

I wasn't around last week b/c I just wasn't feeling well. I have a kidney infection, it's much better now, but last week was kind of rough. I didn't go to the gym at all, but I was back at it yesterday.

How's everyone else doing?

Tina
06-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Good Morning all,
Chantal, I'm so sorry you have that yucky infection. I hope by today you feel even better.
It's great that little Cleo is doing so well.
Take care of yourself.
I'm so glad you found that gym.

How's everyone doing today?
I'm back on the treadmill. It feels so good after exercising. It's just making myself do it in the mornings.
How do you get yourself in the mood to exercise?????? I'd love some suggestions.

Tammy
06-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Hi all! I had planned to send messages on the trip, but this is the first time I've been able to get on here. We've had alot of connection problems. We will be home tomorrow. There have been way too many tense moments with Bob and Tim. They are so much alike, so I think that is the problem. Tina, I was cracking up when you were talking to yourself. Yep, I've done that before! Today we are in a little town south of Indianapolis. 200 shops!!!! WOO HOO!!! The main ones I want to hit are the bookstores and a couple with decorations for outside the home. I have a few empty spaces out around the bushes that I'd like to put something. I told the guys that I have a credit card and I know how to use it!!!

It will be good to get home tomorrow, but I sure dread doing all of the laundry. We are thinking about just going to the laundrymat in town, and we can get it all done at once. Of course, if we do it at home, I can nap between loads!!! Decisions, decisions. lol We'll pick Kramer up on Friday morning unless I call them tomorrow and say we'll pick him up tomorrow night. I sure have missed him, and i'm sure he'll be glad to see us.

Got online and read our local paper from home. One of Tim's elementary classmates passed away. Sarah had cystic fibrosis. She and Tim were an "item" at one time. Sarah was born in Feb. 1988, and Tim was born in March 1988. That was the first time we met the family because the kids were both at Children's Medical Center in Dayton. Sarah for the CF, and Tim was there because of some circulation problems and because he landed on the floor when he was born. Dumb doctor. Anyway, I feel so bad for Sarah's parents. The funeral isn't until next week, so we'll be home for it. They live in Wisconsin now, but the funeral, etc. is in Ohio.

Well, I guess it's about time to hit the shops!!

Oh, I have tried to watch the food intake while on the trip. I don't think I have done terrible. We've been doing lots of walking, so I'm sure that helps. I have been drinking more water than I normally do, so I know that's a good thing. I did have a glass of wine with dinner last night. Well, half of a glass. I ended up not finishing it.

Sure hope people keep posint so Tina doesn't have to talk to herself. It isn't fun!!!!

auntie
06-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Hi everyone,
Sorry I've been a stranger! Life has been hectic!!! Let's see, Dad had to be put in the hospital again, he got out then Mom fell and blacked out and ended up in. She hasn't been eating and the dr. on call really got on to her!!! She lost 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks. The dr. also put her on antidepressants to stimulate her appetite. Hopefully, everyone is on the right track. Oh yeah, Mom has to be on the walker for 6 more weeks and she wasn't happy.

Love the new job at the jewelry store! Pat came in on the Saturday before he went back to work. I showed him what I wanted for my birthday and I got a new diamond ring. It's really pretty. I think I'll be writing them a big check when we close the store because I have several things set back!!!!

Well, I'm another year older. My birthday came and went. I had a horrible headache that day so I really didn't care. I think we are going out to dinner this weekend to celebrate.

Tammy, I still havent' mailed you that article. But I will.

Tina, thanks for the email!!!

Tina
06-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Yeah, some of "the troops" have started posting again. :D:D:D

Tammy, I'm so glad you are having fun shopping. Be careful and have a safe trip home.

Susan, Happy Birthday!!!!!;)

Tina
06-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Welcome Home, Tammy!!!

Tammy
06-30-2007, 06:43 AM
Chantal, hope you are feeling better now!

Susan, your parents have to keep you so tense with everything going on with them. I know how I was with my parents. Too funny about the jewelry store! I bought a ring on vacation - Black Hills gold. It's pretty. Happy Birthday!! ARe you 21 now????

Our trip was so nice when everyone was getting along. I wanted to pop Bob and Tim a few times though. We were at a Subway one day for lunch, and I actually got up and moved to a different table from them. Sat with my back to them and enjoyed my meal. I loved the Badlands in SD. Beautiful!! Mt. Rushmore and Old Faithful were nice, but I wasn't overly thrilled. I guess I'm unAmerican. Yellowstone Park was beautiful. We had to drive rather slowly down one of the roads one morning because there were 3 buffalo in front of us just taking their time getting to where they were going. Lots of buffalo, deer, antelope, birds of different kinds, rabbits, and other critters BUT NO BEARS! I was bummed about that.

We have all of our laundry done. I went to the grocery, but I need to go back and do real shopping now. Yesterday was just for the necessities like bread, milk, and OJ.

I posted on the weigh in thread that I was down a couple pounds after the trip, but I didn't say that Bob gained 5. I had to chuckle because usually I'm the one who gains.

Tina
06-30-2007, 11:28 AM
How is everyone today?

Brittany, we haven't heard from you in ages.
Maureen, stop lurking (:lol:) and post what you are doing.

I imagine Dee is gone by now.

Susan, please pick out something flashy and inexpensive for me. :D

Tammy, I'm so glad you made it home and in one piece. (didn't get caught in the crossfire of Bob and Tim)
Have you ever watched NCIS? In it, Mark Harmon slaps people up the backside of their head when necessary. Maybe you should try that with Bob. (Just kidding.)
Did you see moose? When my sister and bil went to Yellowstone, there was a moose outside their motel room one morning. Crazy.:dizzy:

Tammy
07-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Tina, I'll have to watch that and take lessons from Mark Harmon!! I really considered it on the trip. I forgot about seeing moose!! Yes we did!! Several of them in fact. That is funny about the moose being outside their motel room. All we had outside of ours was a chipmunk one day and a rabbit another day.

Overslept this morning so I didn't make it to church. I won't be there next week either because Carol, Melissa, and I are going away. By the time I get back to church it will be a month because of the vacation. I hate that. I am just so totally worn out. I knew it would take a few days, but I am still hurting and exhausted.

Happy Canada Day to all of the Canadians on here!!!

Tina
07-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Evening,
Tammy, you are one traveling girl. Can I go, too???????

Susan, how is your weather? Is there flooding near your home? Keep us informed.

Chantal, how are you feeling?

Tammy
07-02-2007, 07:33 AM
Tina, sure you can come!!! Do you want to meet us there or should we pick you up???? lol

I have water aerobics at 9 this morning. I missed the first 2 weeks of class because of vacation, so I hope I'm not too far behind. I know it will feel good to be in the water. I did get into the pool a few times on our trip. It always felt great.

auntie
07-02-2007, 10:15 PM
HI,

I want to go too!!!!!! So pick me up on the way!!!!! :)

Today was my first day of vacation! No work, nothing. The last day at the jewelry store was Saturday. I'll still help out at the other one if they need it. Yesteray, Pat had band practice so he left early about 9. I slept until noon. Then I got up and slept again. I was in bed at 10. I got up this morning, took the car to be inspected and Pat had to run do stuff. I was exhausted and took a nap. So I have done nothing but sleep. Pat's off this week.

Tina, we are getting a BUNCH of rain!!! however, we are safe and don't have flooding. We live up on a little hill. I have never seen so much rain. Our grass is nice and green.

Tammy, sorry I haven't gotten that stuff in the mail. I promise I will do it tomorrow.

Chantal, how is Cleo?

Tammy
07-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Sure! Everyone can go on the trip!! Fun times!! Susan, sleeping is good. Sleeping has been my middle name since we've been home. I told Bob that I thought a nice night of 8 solid hours of sleep would do me a world of good. He agreed, but how do I do it? Don't panic about getting that stuff in the mail, ok? Just whenever you get around to it.

We are getting a new van on Thursday. We had decided before we left that we were going to get a Chevy Equinox (suv not a van). I figured we would go do all the paperwork,etc. this week. Well, we drove around and checked out some other dealerships. We are getting a Dodge Grand Caravan with the stow and go seats. I love it! The van we have now is such a pain to get the seats out, find a place to store them, and then get them back in. Tim can do it with no problem, but Bob has had problems. The new one will be wonderful!

I'm not telling Carol and Melissa we are getting the new van. I'm just going to pull up on Sunday when we are leaving for our little trip and see if they notice a difference. The old van is dark red, and the new one is bright red! Woo hoo!!

auntie
07-03-2007, 11:46 PM
hi,
Tammy, the van sounds great. I've seen the ads and they look great. I know you will love it.

Nothing much here. We went to see the new Die Hard Movie. I loved it..... now remember I told Pat when Bruce Willis got divoriced that if he came knocking 'I was out of here." He said ok he would let me go. Oh my was he good looking!!!

I don't know much!! What is everyone's plans for the 4th?

Tina
07-04-2007, 12:30 AM
I love Bruce Willis!!! I'm not really "into" bald heads, but his is okay.
He stays in great shape. I wonder how much exercise he does.

Tammy, that's so great about the new van. I'm envious. My little old Neon is getting soooo old. I still love it, though. Will you be taking it on the trip? (That's what it sounds like.)

We had Chinese take-out tonight. After going to the dr. this morning, I just didn't do anything the rest of the day. I want medicine! :lol:

Where are our other members???

Tammy
07-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Susan, I had to laugh about you and Bruce Willis. I can relate!! lol

Tina, we will be taking the new van on the trip. More room for everything we buy!!

No big plans for today. I took some medicine last night to help me sleep. I don't take it often because I just drag the next day. I am dragging, but I did sleep better last night.

We went to fireworks the other night, so I don't know if we'll go to any tonight or not. Bob said he thought it was supposed to rain later.

I wish others would post!!

Tina
07-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Unless it stops raining, no fireworks here. Yesterday was actually dry but not today. :(

We just returned from having pancakes at Mc Donald's.
I'm still puny. My throat isn't sore but it's still red in there. Yucky

Happy 4th!!!

auntie
07-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Hi,
Happy Fourth of July!!! Can you believe it's here already????

Our town's firework has been cancelled until August 11. Everything has been cancelled. So nothing is going on here.

Tina, hope you feel better soon!!!!!

Tammy, Yes, Bruce Willis is something. Pat just laughed at me during the movie. I told him again yesterday that I wanted all of the Die Hard Movies.

Pat's gone mow around the fence line. I'm off to exercise.

Tammy
07-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Tina, I like the pancakes at McDonalds. Don't have them often though. The pancakes should make you feel all better!!

Susan, good for you for exercising. I walked yesterday but not enough to count for much.

Plans for the day - Pick up the new van! When we left the dealership the other day, we were pretty much interested in a light tan van. Then later I decided that I liked the green one better. We are getting the red one for sure. The salesman was cracking up when Bob talked to him on the phone. John (salesman) had figured if we called or came back that we would get the green one (really teal) since I kept going back to it. He didn't expect me to want the red one. :dizzy:

Tina
07-06-2007, 09:24 PM
New Thread for July!