Whole Foods Lifestyle - June Exercise -June is bustin' out all over, not YOU in your shorts!!

LindaT
06-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Morning ladies and Happy June 1st!! Welcome to the monthly exercise thread. Everyone is invited to join and be accountable for their exercise here. We are a bunch of sweaty and smelly ladies who love a good exercise session so come on along. :D

So what are YOU doing this month so you don't bust out of those shorts? Post away!!

Today is my no exercise day for the week so nothing to report. I got in my required 350+ minutes this week so I am happy with that. Everyone else. check in.. and those of you among the missing. you know who you are. Don't make me come find you. :drill:

urs
06-01-2007, 12:55 PM
LMAO Linda! I knew you would come up with an awesome title for June!

Okay so I have set my goals for June!

1300 minutes and 100 miles

So far, no exercise because I am at work.

Friday: possibly a day off since the gym closes at 8 pm :tantrum:

Saturday: 70 minutes of cardio (40 minutes/2.5 miles on the treadclimber, 30 minutes/ 2.5 miles treadmill)
Sunday: 70 minutes of cardio (same as saturday)

**Jennifer**
06-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Afternoon, ladies! Company is gone, and my house is cleared out. Now, I just have to catch up with everyone from May, and see where things are. I also get to change my ticker, because despite having company over, and having a cookout, and several events, I am down a total of 72 pounds now. I've lost Nicole Ritchie, or one of the Olsen twins! Ok, so maybe not quite ALL of them, but close enough.

Since I've had less than formal exercise schedules for the last 2 weeks, today starts my "Jennifer's Boot Camp" where I'm committed to tightening up everything for the next 15 days. Then, birthday weekend / father's day, and a nice celebration dinner, and finish up the month with some momentum, and back into the swing of things.

So, I'm committed to:
Food- under 1800 calories per day, minimal processed crap
Water- 10-12 8oz glasses per day, minimum
Exercise- 30 minutes intense cardio per day, minimum. Strength for core and upper body sprinkled in. After week 1, 45 minutes a day for the next 7 days.

That's the plan. 12 pounds off in May thanks to a lot of keeping busy and functional stuff, like unpacking, digging, planting trees, scrubbing, etc, etc. Time to get the formal exercise back into the rotation. :) Missed everyone! Happy June!

ceejay52
06-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Went to the gym today and did an upper body work out plus 25 minutes on the treadmill. Walked my 1 mile in 22 minutes today at 3.0 mph. That's almost running with my short legs. My goal is to walk 1 mile in 15 minutes. I almost broke a sweat today. My body temperature stays around 97.6.

LindaT read your comment in my journal and it makes more since that way. If you can do 350 minutes of exercise each week surely I can do 300. Is this all cardio?

LindaT
06-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Ceejay, I had to go back and read what I wrote and I sort of got it bassackwards.. sorry.. I'll restate it :lol: My fingers were going faster than my brain

If you Eat 3500 calories and burn 7000, that equals a one pound LOSS. You must burn more than you take in

I wrote it backwards from that.. eat 7000 and burn 3500 :lol: That would be a one pound gain!! Duh Linda!!

Most of mine is cardio right now due to my shoulder injury. I cannot do heavy weights but I do use a weighted bar two days a week so I get resistance training as well as cardio at the same time. You do whatever you can. Just like the Desiderata says.. " if you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter." So you just be the BEST Ceejay you can be!!

ceejay52
06-02-2007, 01:41 PM
June 1=25 minute cardio 10 weight machines using 20-30 pound weights
June 2=20 minute cardio

**Jennifer**
06-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Well, yesterday and early this morning, we got hit with Tropical Storm Barry out of nowhere! So, the good news is, we got some rain that we desperately needed.

Yesterday- food was 1619 calories. Water was 14 cups. Did 2 miles WATP, 30 minutes. This morning, got up and did 2 more miles, and then 15 more minutes of an aerobics DVD. Considering getting on the bike later on today, to keep things moving. I'll be back later to post the full update. Day 2 of "boot camp" is under way, and everything's in order. :)

**Jennifer**
06-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Updating....last night, I did 4 miles on the bike to add to the tally.

Today- calories in at 1725. 30 minutes on the bike, for 8.5 miles of intervals. Water- 12 cups, and will be filling the glass again once dinner is done, so that'll be 16 for the day. Day 3 of boot camp, done. Whew! Feels good!

How was everyone's weekend?

urs
06-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Okay....so exercise was AWESOME this weekend, but food was HORRIBLE! Why can't I just get it together! hahaha

Friday: 20 minutes 1 mile pushing DS in the stroller
Saturday: 120 minutes 8 miles (40 minutes treadclimber, 60 minutes RUNNING (yes I said running) consistently no stops!! I was really freakin sore! and 10 minutes of walking on the tread mill, and 10 minutes on the bike)
Sunday: 40 minutes at an 8.0 incline walking on treadmill, 24 minutes running on treadmill

Total for the weekend 204 minutes! WOOOHOO!

But calories....very very very very x a million very's....BAD!

Saturday 2500 calories and Sunday about the same maybe even a little higher! Uuuhhhggg! I even had an oreo mcflurry! what was I thinking? man oh man!

Had everything I challenged myself not to eat for this month! chips and chocolate! jeez! so thats what killed me there! So today I am starting my challenge over NO CHIPS,CAKE,COOKIES, CHOCOLATE...etc etc!

Although I did lose one pound! so I am down to 156! WOOO HOOOO!

Alright ladies lets kick some behind this week!

Ursula

gahundy
06-05-2007, 10:56 AM
ok urs...you got my butt going! if you can do 100 miles and 1300 minutes, then so can I!!!
so i will be joining you for the june challenge.
you are such an inspiration to me, thanks for being here!
amy

ceejay52
06-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Gym last night for 57 minutes. I'd planned on 60 but talked to the employee's there. 30 minute walk on the treadmill, 5 minute bike, the rest on weight machines. The doc has limited me to 50 pounds weight.
Total minutes 107. Didn't make any pledges just doing the best I can.

URS--congratulations on that one pound lost.

Jennifer--You are doing well with your boot camp.

urs
06-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Exercise yesterday was:

40 minutes 2.5 miles on the treadclimber
24 minutes 2 miles on the treadmill

Thanks Ga Hundy! I really appreciate you saying that! We can do this together! :cheer2:

Thanks Ceejay for the comment as well!

I am glad to see you girls in here!

Alright miss Linda I know you workout out daily, but where have you been!...I know where you journal! hahaha :rofl:

Alright ladies! See you tomorrow!

Ursula

LwyrChick
06-06-2007, 12:49 AM
I got back to the gym tonight after about a month. It was great although I only got in 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of weights. I'd like to up it back up to 45-60 mins of cardio, but I didn't want to push myself too hard my first time back in a month. I'm happy I went though - I felt GREAT afterwards. :carrot:

The plan is to go for atleast 7 of the next 9 days until my in-laws come to visit for a week and a half. While they are here we will be travelling alot (Atlantic City, NYC, Erie, etc.) so I don't how much I'll get to the gym...but until then I have a week and a half and I'm determined to make it count.

It felt great to get back to it today...I'm already looking fwd to tomorrow!! :D

urs
06-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Okay, I was bad yesterday....no exercise...But today I am going to the gym!

I am planning on 64 minutes of cardio, 4.5 miles

Glad to see you back in here Lwyr!

See you ladies tomorrow!

Ursula

edzard
06-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Ok well I just joined these forums and want to post in the whole foods areas because I would like to take our eating style that way. But that is for another post I am here because I know I am bad about exercise now that I have fallen out of the habit so I would like to join your accountability for June "club". How does this work do you usually just keep posting up once in a while how you are doing for the month under this post?

BTW I love the way you set up goals of minutes for the month...dang some of you put in lots and lots of minutes. For this month I think I better ramp up a bit, have been out of the habit too long and don't want to injure myself.

So goals for June shall be.....(drumroll please)

600 minutes of cardio exercise (tapes or walking)
300 minutes of yoga

Hopefully this will spend one month gettting the habit built by not having a huge time commitment (and truthfully right now I do nothing so its something). Then next month I will try to increase it.

Joined 6-5-07
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro4/sliderbug/lb/202/150/202/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

ceejay52
06-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Rode the bike for 20 minutes last night.

LindaT--I should get up at 5.30 a.m. and then go to the gym after work.

edzard--welcome to the group.

LindaT
06-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi All,

Been busy at work but have been getting in my exercise. So far this week I am at 280+ minutes.

Ceejay, yes everyone should get up early and exercise and keep me company :D

Hi Edzard and welcome to the sweat shop! We all loveexercise here, right everyone ? :drill: You can post once a week or every day if you want to. Just depends how busy you get. set your own goals and then post your progress!

Lwyr - glad youa re back after all your company!

Urs - I'm here. Just not enough hours in the day sometime. Good exercise, but Mcflurries are pureed maggots, did you know that?

Amy- 1300 minutes is good. Cannot wait for you to start getting up and working out with me!

Jenn, my weekend was too short. I think we should have 4 day weekends and 3 day work weeks!

So this is far back as I can scroll w/o losing my post so if I am missiing someone.. sowwy!!! :^:

LwyrChick
06-07-2007, 12:26 AM
You know how it is ladies - getting back to the gym after a while. I'm S-O-R-E. My arms more than anything - I lifted the same amount of weight I used to and I think I should have eased back into it.

Anyway, I had golf today for an hour which was some exercise and I walked for about 30 mins, but didn't go to the gym because I was, well - in pain. :lol:

I'll be heading back to the gym tomorrow though for 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of weights. I love the feeling of being active again and getting my arms and back ready for those halters :)

phoebegirl
06-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Startin' to exercise :)

1/2 hour fast walking this evening.

Riding horse this afternoon 1 hour.

LaurenNC
06-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Ladies, I'm back!!!! You all are such good inspiration.

I started May really strong, and then tapered off towards the end of the month. I still met my goal for the month, but I'd like to keep the momentum going. I've finished off a horrendous urinary tract infection and come back from vacation, so NO MORE EXCUSES!

In fact, I'm going to up my goal from 45 minutes a day to 60 for June! Wish me luck.

edzard
06-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Well this is the newbie here, checking in, I started posting a week ago and set my goals for 600 mins in June...hmm not doing so good.

I did 65 minutes of cardio in the last week, not so hot. It sure is hard to get back in the habit!

So I have decided that I am revising my goals (even though I am gonna try to make up some time and still reach that number by end of June, its such a small number compared to all of yours!)

I have a lot of great excuses though, bad bladder infection, so excited about reading the superfoods rx book...cranky kids....yeah I know its all a load of...excuses heh.

Ok so my new goals, which I shared with my hubby so he can hopefully help me out in making sure I have the time to do them.

Every AM Calastenics 20 situps, 20 pushups, 20 jumping jacks ann 20 squates (hopefully this will get me reved up in the am)

Every PM before bed do Yoga and prayer, for at least 10 minutes, let me wind down and get a better night sleep

At least 5 days a week do 30 minutes of cardio, preferably walking outside but this is Seattle so videos if its not possible.

Hopefully I can get these done and then move on to increasing some things as I build the habit, my thinking is to make it a habit that is too easy to make excuses for and then slowly build up the time. I plan on getting back to the Y after camping season is over in September.[/COLOR]

Thanks for listening and if you have any advise please feel free to let me know. :D

LindaT
06-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Afternoon all. Finally getting a moment to get in here and post. Glad a few of you are doing well! ;)

I got in 73 minutes on Sunday and 70 minutes this morning before work. I managed to make myself sick on hot peanut butter cookies Sunday and I am still feeling the after effects. :barf: That'll teach me!! I cannot eat like I use to be I was lulled by the siren song of hot cookies!! I suppose dummies like me need a refresher course every once in awhile, huh? :lol:

Phoebe, hope you enjoyed the horsey ride
Lauren, like the saying goes, if you really want it, you'll find a way. if you don't, you'll find an excuse. Good for you for recognizing what you were doing and stopping it NOW!
Edzard, yes it sure is hard to get into the habit, but soo soo worth it. Took me several months of pushing and argueing and *****ing and moaning but it's now part of my routine.. every morning.. You may not do it happily for a long time and I know most days I still would rather be sleeping, but the trick is to ignore those voices and just do it.Another chores like brushing your teeth or combing your hair!

Everyone else :drill:

phoebegirl
06-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Catching up-

Friday
1/2 hour walk

Sunday
1/2 hour walk

Monday
1/2 hour walk.

My goal is to build some stamina this week walking and keep my eating together and then start with the cardio.

ceejay52
06-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Hello to all
Went to the gym tonight for 55 minutes of exercise. 30 minute walk and 25 weight machines. There were some loud mouths in there tonight. I couldn't think.

LaurenC Good luck with the goal you've set for yourself. You can do it.

Phobe--Hope you enjoyed the horse ride.

edzard--I'm trying to make exercise a habit also.

LindaT--Stay away from those hot cookies. I love fresh cookies right out of the oven. Hope your tummy is feeling better.

phoebegirl
06-13-2007, 02:24 AM
Hope everyone is going well :) It looks like everyone is!!

Today I hiked across a 50 acre field TWICE to catch a bratty horse (so that was some exercise :) )

This evening did - 45 min Power Walk

LaurenNC
06-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi, everyone! I hope you all are having a good week. Mine's been great so far. Monday: 120 minutes, Tuesday: 45, Wednesday: 75 minutes. The encouragement here is awesome. I feel SO much better getting back on track.

edzard, I totally feel you when you say how hard it is to get started ... my first month (back in January) when I did the resolution to exercise at least 30 minutes every day, it was so hard. I read somewhere that it takes 21 days to make something a habit. All I can say is to stick with it and it will get better, I promise! I was fortunate in that I had a very good friend make the same resolution as me and we checked in with each other every day for support and accountability. Really get your DH on board for support, and what the heck - decide to post here every day so we can help you too!

Allrighty, enough pep talk, I can't stop thinking about peanut butter. Hmm, wonder why???? Linda, you had to mention warm peanut butter cookies!

ceejay52
06-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Goodness I haven't posted in a couple of days. However, I've only done a 15 minute bike ride and that was last night. I was both physically and mentally exhausted last night and tonight for that matter. I have had a couple of hard days at work.

phoebegirl
06-14-2007, 01:10 AM
45 minute power walk tonight. :)

urs
06-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Okay...exercise has been minimal...But I do have some to report...

Saturday: 45 minutes and a little over 2 miles on the treadclimber

Wednesday: 75 minutes and 5 miles on treadclimber/treadmill

So my plan is to go to the gym again tonight...I keep feeling guilty leaving DS to go to the gym...so in turn, that made me quit going for a few days...i think-well he is at school all day, and then I pick him up and hang out for 2 hours and then go to the gym....by the time I get home, he's already in bed...kinda sad...but I know that i have to workout and I can't make up any excuses anymore...I looked back to when I first started this, and I should have been almost to my goal weight by now...and I am not even close....:?:

So I am really going to put forth the effort to cut out more things in my diet...I haven' t had a soda in months, and coffee...probably two cups in the last few months....so next is the chips and wine...cookies and icecream aren't my friends anymore...they make me feel blah :mad:

Alright I am rambling....

**Jennifer**
06-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Missing in action, but not without action, I promise! Boot camp has been successful, and with my Roid out on vacation, it is nice, and quiet without her, but I am so busy that I don't know what the heck day or time it has been the last week! Scale is still going down. Only thing lagging behind this week has been the water, since I'm finding it hard to get up 6-7 times a day for refills and pee breaks with my phone going non-stop.

Miss checking in with everyone, but I hope all is well. When the Roid returns, a little normalcy will, and I can catch up! :)

phoebegirl
06-15-2007, 01:52 AM
I stepped up my cardio today and instead of power walking I did Tae Bo.....OMG it was hard, I did 20 mins though!! :)

urs
06-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Exercise yesterday:

62 minutes/4 miles on treadclimber

13 minutes/ over 1 mile on treadmill

Exercise today will be taking DS for a walk to the park.

Saturday: 62 minutes/ 4 miles on treadclimber
12 minutes/ 1 mile on treadmill

Sunday: same as saturday

See you ladies monday!

phoebegirl
06-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Saturday- 45 min power walk :)

healthyeater
06-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Hello Ladies!!!!!!!!

Short and sweet.....recital is OVER! DS is back from NC....and tomorrow starts me back in the business of taking care of MYself...instead of the rest of the world! LOL (my world, anyway)...

Happy Birthday, Jenn! Luv ya, miss ya....talk with you soon!

edzard
06-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Well I am catching up on exercise, wanted to get 600 minutes of cardio in and I am currently sitting at 195. I have been actually moving this last week which is more than I can say for the weeks before. Hoping to ramp it up, but most important build the habit first, increase the minutes second!

gahundy
06-18-2007, 02:19 PM
vacation was not my friend!
it was horrible! i ate lots of junk i don't normally eat. got no sleep and gained 4 pounds back!!!
since there is only 2 weeks left of this month my goals have to be altered. i pledge to work out for 350 minutes a week from now until june 30. i also pledge to be up and moving with Linda and Angie. i feel like i have been letting everyone down. especially me.
no more excuses! i love my kids more than that! they are more important than cookies everyday or sleeping late every weekend! it is for them that i get up and move my butt!! when we went to the beach last week, all i wanted to do was lay around and sleep or read. i didn't do as much with the kiddies as i should have. i just didn't have the energy, what an eye opener!! it's not fair for my kids to have a mom that doesn't feel like doing anything ALL THE TIME!!
so from now on when i look at that huge plate of comfort foods, i will say NO, comfort comes from the love of my kids and hubby, not a plate of mashed potatoes! my kids are more important than any junk food, they are the most important things in my life and i need to really be ther for them.
enough of this ranting, i will move my butt today!!

urs
06-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Friday: 60 minutes/ 2 miles? of cardio

Saturday: 75 minutes of cardio/ 5 miles

I noticed I am falling behind on my exercise...I am not where I should be on the min/miles...a little low...but I will reach my goal this month!

Gahundy...I know how you feel...its hard not being able to chase around DS and play with him because I am so tired and icky feeling all the time. When I exercise my energy is back up...so you have the right frame of mind now to really work for it...just know that I am truckin along with you :hug:

healthyeater
06-18-2007, 06:35 PM
OK, a mere 20 min on the treadmill today seems all I have been able to squeeze in, but that's ok for today....I have done well with eating today....so I have that. Eating was just terrible this whole weekend, starting on Thursday. I missed dinner for 3 days in a row, and ended up eating at 11pm or so....blah....I HATE that!

Amy, I am sorry you are feeling so down on yourself, but sometimes that is what seems to kick me in the butt and get me motivated...anger with myself for allowing me to not "live". I know exactly what you are saying. You are right, living life to the fullest cannot even compete with any darn cookie. Hugs chickie! Hey, I have been mia lately, I didn't know that Angie has been getting up early like Linda....I remember her last comment being she would just kill herself out of lack of coordination that early in the morning. Good for her....and you...you will get back on track. Seems to me that you have been exercising your butt off (so to speak), maybe you need to really concentrate on your food.

In my absence, I have neither gained nor lost....so I need to buckle down here.

gahundy
06-20-2007, 08:56 AM
ok girls i am back in the groove...
yesterday i got in 15 minutes on the treadmill
and 40 with meredith for a total of 55 minutes for yesterday.
and so far today i have done 25 minutes of aerobic with denise austin. yes, you read right, TODAY. i got up at did my workout at 500am! linda i bet you were surprised to see me this morning:carrot:
this afternoon i plan on getting in another 45 on the elliptical/treadmill (it will be some of both)
so far for this week i have logged 80 minutes which leaves me with 270 minutes to go. i can do this, i know i can!!
how is everyone else doing?? people aren't posting like they used to.
have a great day chickies...amy

**Jennifer**
06-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Happy Monday, ladies! What a busy month it has been...looks like everyone is caught up with the whirlwind of activity, and little free time.

No change in the last week, but since I did have Birthday Brownies, and a week with no Roid and late days at work, I can't complain. :)

Would you believe we got up to 94 degrees yesterday? It was almost too hot to exist! Luckily we got all the yardwork taken care of on Saturday. It's gonna be a hot one this year. Glad I left some indoor stuff to take care of when it gets too hot to work out there.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far.

edzard
06-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Ok well I am checking in here, been a great couple weeks weight wise, not so hot exercise wise. Been trying to eat whole foods as much as I can and working on changing the family's diet slowly, counting my calories has been great and helping lots as you can see from the changes.

As for exercise my goal was 600 minutes in June and to develop the habit of doing something aerobic daily, well its not going so well. I have gotten 255 minutes of exercise so far this month. Unfortunatley I have been somewhat hindered first by a week long uti and then it moved into my kidneys! So now I am on a week of meds that don't allow me to be in the sun at all! Good thing I live in Seattle heh, but my kidneys have been hurting a lot and even the small evening walk we took the other day was hard because I could feel it with every step I took. Hopefully this week will go better but I am a little concerned since my kidneys are still sore and I am almost done with my meds...well here is hoping.

I plan on trying to take a bellydancing class offered near my house with a friend on Wednesday, sounds like so much fun and think my figure is the type that is ideal for that. They seem to like women with more meat on their bones (even fit) and I love to have fun while exercising.

Ok blabbed enough, have a good week!

**Jennifer**
06-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Lovely. All that yard work this past weekend? Tuesday, the blisters started. Poison Ivy. Lovely! I'm covered with it. And it itches like crazy. A friend suggested the Cortaid Poison Ivy kit, and I've already gone thru a full bottle of the spray. There's got to be something else out there that works on this. Anyone have recommendations?

I'll be back- trying to touch as few things as possible, to not spread this through the house. :(