Support Groups - Cows atwitter for moose

View Full Version : Cows atwitter for moose

Cowpernia
06-01-2007, 10:23 AM
It's getting grey outside. Or is it gray? Kiwi? May rain. Will cut off internet connection but WOULD BE WONDERFULLLLL>>>>>>

Post little cows as I am needing something cowie to read.

Schatzi
06-01-2007, 10:25 AM
We need :rain: :rain: here... we are all droughty... everything looks wilty. Raleigh has a PERMANENT water restriction in place. I want rain and thunder and some lightening too

Schatzi
06-01-2007, 10:26 AM
grey is the high class way of spelling gray. I like it better. It makes me atwitter.

Cowpernia
06-01-2007, 10:46 AM
No no. Lightening is what you do to your hair. Lightning is what you want in the air but a few miles away and not near a tree. I wanted to say that before Kiwi checked in.

There is Sunkist stain on my wool rug. How to get it out Shots? How to clean the whole rug?

SugP
06-01-2007, 11:12 AM
We've had enough :rain: Now we need some sun again. Dh is off in the woods this afternoon at the company barbeque pit grilling large slabs o' meat for some colleagues who won a bet that a certain vehicle wouldn't be ready on time. Dh: "I don't even really like these guys, but a bet's a bet." Men. I tell ya. I even had to make coleslaw. I hope he brings some home so I don't have to cook tonight. :D

I think many a carpet has been ruined by a Sunkist stain. That orangey stuff never comes out. Can you put a potted plant over the stain?

The Moose place is sooooo cute!!! What a fun place to work. Way better than restaurant or market. Later on she can write "Chief Concierge at exclusive internationally reknowned (gads, is that how you spell that?) wilderness resort". I love the way Maine is nestled in there between NB and Quebec like they are protecting it from bad influences or something.

Hmmm, Maybe someone was thinking along the lines of comma ---> accommadation? No one ever said the English language was easy :twirly:

Schatz- I think your ear ordeal was much worse than mine, but that hot air is somethin' else, isn't it? I'm suprised how NOT nauseated I've been this entire week, considering that I'm usually the Queen of Nausea and any old thing can make me feel barfy.

Oh yeah, and dh gets 25 points for sitting patiently in the waiting room for an hour and a half yesterday. Maybe he's not so bad after all. :rolleyes:

Hope you have a lovely time at the wedding, Bagzieee! We need to see you in your pastel chiffon Auntie-of-the Groom mumu!

And last but not least: Ellabella - if you're out there somewhere. You asked about the price of gas and it's reached an all time high of about US$8 a gallon!! Pretty scary.

Cowpernia
06-01-2007, 11:21 AM
:rofl: I knew Canadians spelled funny!!

$8 a gallon? Does anyone go out anymore?

I was just vacuuming and suddenly saw part of a ball of yarn on the floor and the end of it ... reaching ... the .... vacuum. I 'm afraid to turn it over and look.

You spilled Sunkist, too? I mean ... your kids spilled Sunkist, too? Remember the Germans who bought sun dried tomato bread? Someone explained to be that it was because it was artisan bread. chewy. Not levened or something.

Wabby
06-01-2007, 12:11 PM
I want to live permanently at the Moose cabin. Do they have one with a padded room? :dizzy:

Poor Sugar Plum! ya dizzy dame - there is nothing ickier than vertigo - I get it once in a while when the ms kicks up. dontcha hate the laying flat on your back in bed feeling like you're going to fall sensation???? So how long do the Docs think this will last?

The only fix to Sunkist stain is if you have a left over piece of carpet and have a carpet guy cut out the stained piece and insert the left over piece. This only works if your carpet is pretty new and not all worn in spots like my carpet is. Either that, or you can sprinkle more sunkist around plus a little grape nehi and some strawberry hi-c and tell people you redecorated.

I still don't have a mother of the bride mu-mu. Where do you buy one the size of a circus tent? Have I mentioned I've gone from not being able to eat to constant comfort eating? I'm on the gain again.......

Schatzi, now I know for a fact that you're a cleanie........ a dyson animal vacuum...... I'm so jealous. My vacuum doesn't work very well because I forget to take it out and use it. I hear a vacuum works better if you actually plug it in.

My stress of the day - DS was in an accident, he's just bruised up, his car is a mess. Gpa Jim is not doing well, the internal bleed is a cancerous tumor on his esophogus, the Doc is talking sending him home and calling hospice. Hmmmmmmmm. What else? I think that's it for today.....

Cowpernia
06-01-2007, 12:23 PM
WABBBBOOOOO!!!! You made me laugh loud enough the cat looked up. I wish I had time to knit you a muu muu out of leftover sock yarn. So sorry about DS and GP Jim and all the worries. While I'm sorry about Gpa Jim, I must say that Hospice is wonderful. They relieve you of more than medical care. They are angels.

Kiwonk
06-01-2007, 03:29 PM
We have rain. You can have all of it. Please take the mosquitos when you take the rain. They go together.

Have fun at the wedding, Bagz. Will there be table dancing and lampshade hats?
I am looking at your ticker and noticing you've been doing the 21 day challenge for 35 minutes. Nice going. I am proud.Thank you. I watched Super Size Me again last night and I expect the horror of that to jumpstart me any minute now.
Kiwi, that place is so freekin charming!!!! Mooses and birds and rafting and all that outdoorsy crap!!!! You would love the kayaking up here. Although you would definitely want to do it in the middle of summer, because the water's cold right now! And ya don't wanna be trying to squeeze into a wetsuit, I can tell you from personal experience. :no:
No no. Lightening is what you do to your hair. Lightening is what you do to your rug when you try bleach, out of desperation. Have you tried nail polish remover? Not that I'm recommending it, I was just wondering.
Dh is off in the woods this afternoon at the company barbeque pit grilling large slabs o' meat for some colleagues who won a bet that a certain vehicle wouldn't be ready on time.Your DH develops new cars?? Cool! Does he work for the M-B company? Do you get free samples? (You know, the ones that didn't work) :lol:
I love the way Maine is nestled in there between NB and Quebec like they are protecting it from bad influences or something.
Oh that's what they're doing. It's nice of them. They should do more of it.
I want to live permanently at the Moose cabin. Do they have one with a padded room? Me too. I think we won't even need a padded room if we live there. DD will make our beds, and dust, and we can eat at the Loose Moose Grill.
My stress of the day - DS was in an accident, he's just bruised up, his car is a mess. Gpa Jim is not doing wellYou must be so worried about both of them. :hug:

Here's another reason that grocery stores suck: They sold a bunch of bananas that had a price sticker on one banana so large that you can't peel the banana without cutting the stupid sticker in half. Seriously, 2" square. Now that's really dumb.

Advice requested on how to capitalize on spousal guilt. DH is feeling guilty for making me cry earlier today by being a real butt. Now that I'm over it, how can I make this work to my advantage? :book2:

Okay, I'll try to be good. Maybe.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
06-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Orignally posted by Kiwi and copied by Peaches who is thick headed:

Advice requested on how to capitalize on spousal guilt. DH is feeling guilty for making me cry earlier today by being a real butt. Now that I'm over it, how can I make this work to my advantage?

Is he likely to go fetch jewlery to appease his conscience? If not, ... I don't know.

What does this mean: Download using torrents na!!

I did not think about Sugardh developing cars. I am all impressed now because cars are cool. And scary. Wait. What part does he do?

A price sticker that big is big indeed. The younguns used to take the little DOLE stickers off the bananas and wear them like they were an award.Then they'd eat them. Seriously. Two inches would've choked the little cutie pies.

I am so .... blah. I want Kiwi's rain for two hours then she can have it back. We have our own mosquitoes.

Kiwonk
06-01-2007, 04:05 PM
I think someone took our rain -- Schatzi? It seems to have stopped. There are still mosquitos tho.

I have doubts about the jewelry.

My cursor seems to have disappeared. I do not know how to download torrents. Are you trying to buy rain on the internet?

Wabby -- You should try one of these sample designer sale places, like this (http://www.scarlettscloset.com/store/pc/home.asp). They have some great stuff, for practically nothing! Although if there's any fitting to be done, you might not have time for ordering a dress. But there must be places like that in Portland. Good luck! Buy something you love; you deserve it!

Seriously, where is my cursor? Did someone put a curse on my cursor?

Oh! Bit Torrent! It's a peer2peer download thing: http://dessent.net/btfaq/

Kiwi

Cowpernia
06-01-2007, 04:13 PM
You are so smark. I bet line up through the unpaved roads of Dogpatch to get your sage advice. Those dresses are beautiful. I am depressed. I need people liine in my road to give me money and shoulder massages and sandwiches. I would like tuna on toast with onion and sweet tea.

Yep. that was about a program I'd like to have and some young person posted that to me. My Netflix DVD is scratched and unplayable. Blah blah blah. I am going back to sleep.

SugP
06-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Noooo, he couldn't design his way out of a cardboard box. :devil: He's a fleet manager and has to order big expensive utility vehicles. They are never on time.

Oh Wabby! *sigh* :grouphug:

I am feeling way less dizzy today for some reason. Those whacky exercises where you have to throw youself from side to side on the sofa really work. :bunny2:

Cowpernia
06-01-2007, 05:02 PM
I thought he was an engineer. That's why I let you marry him. Engineers will never have empty fridges and you would always be well fed. But a fleet manager ... sounds iffy. Is it too late to annul?

I think the exercises sound fun but only to be done when the house is empty.

SugP
06-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Way too late to annul. The marriage has been consumated at least twice.:D He is a mechanical engineer but his job doesn't really have much to do with that. More of a manager now who can fix stuff.

Ooh, purdy dresses! I haven't worn a dress in about 2 years. And I used to be such a girlie girl too. Now it's just yoga pants and whatever else is clean.

Kiwonk
06-01-2007, 08:36 PM
I thought he was an engineer. That's why I let you marry him. Engineers will never have empty fridges and you would always be well fed. Hmph. Well, that's what I thought. Of course the fridge is still full around here, but the bank account is leaking.

I'm horrified that your netflix dvd is scratchy. How are you supposed to enjoy a lovely movie that way? No excuse.

Gotta go make mashed potatoes.

kiwi

Cowpernia
06-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Thank you for understanding Kiwi. I notified them at noonish but they're still waiting til Monday to send a new one. I am pushed into watching that show about the antique dealer who talks to ghosts.

Did you hear that the guy with tb had his passport flagged and the guard at the border saw that but decided he didn't look sick and let him through? Honestly, DS shoulda had that guy at the Mexican border so he could've kept his muscadine jelly that he bought as gift for the hostess.

Schatzi
06-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Ring Ring....Ya hear that????
It's Kevin Costner phoning in his latest "performance" in Mr. Brooks. :dz: What a pieceofcrap movie. This isnt a "wait till DVD" nor a "Wait to Tivo" this is a "there's nothing else on" to fall asleep to. Not even Netflix coupon worthy Peach!

The only good thing was that the film got burned up and they had to fix it so the usherette gave us coupons for a FREE MOVIE :dance: SaaaaWeet!

Dh scored above average in all his neuro testing - except for Focus and concentration-- he is a bit below average, but the doc says that's normal and it will get better as he continues to recover. Unbelievably blessed we are!

them thar are right purdy pardy dresses Kiwi... Whyoooowhy are all summery dresses SLEEVELESS! I cannot dooo sleeveless..I have hugical bratwursty batwings :tantrum:

And ya don't wanna be trying to squeeze into a wetsuit,
:yikes: GASP! :fr: Fat people should NOT EVER sausage themselves into rubber! :sumo:

I'm tired...nightynight cowsies see ya tomorrow

Bagzz
06-01-2007, 11:37 PM
okay i am drinking amaretto and tomorrow is the wedding--i hope i don't have ahabg over.

Cowpernia
06-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Thank you for the movie review and the bar review. Do not drive you old bat. I am going to bed, also, as Letterman is showing stuff I have seen. What a lazy bum.

Kiwonk
06-02-2007, 02:40 PM
It's Kevin Costner phoning in his latest "performance" in Mr. Brooks. :dz: What a pieceofcrap movie. That's disappernting. Not that I was going to run right out and see it anyway.

Well at least Bagz had a good time last night, eh? :spin:

DH spent big buck$ on a piece of electronics he doesn't know much about that doesn't work!!! Watch me tear my hair out. Well, at least I know what he'll be doing the next few days. He has been known to take things apart and actually fix them - he had a used laptop in pieces on my bil's desk over Christmas vacation and got it working (and back together!), so I'm not prepared to say this was a giant waste of $, but sheesh, I personally didn't think it was worth what he paid for it if it had been brand new. All it is is a specialized scanner for photographic slides. Which we so desperately needed. :no:

Men.

There is dog spit all over my armrest. And coffee all over my desk. Me and Jet, we are some slobby, I must say.

DD is back training at the Moose today, on the office/front desk. How much you want to bet she gets 3 or 4 job offers in the next few days? Tomorrow she trains in housekeeping. She claims she'd rather do that because she'd be busy. She doesn't like sitting around doing nothing. I wonder how much she will like housekeeping; perhaps she has no idea what she's in for. After all, it's not like we do any housekeeping around here....

I watched The Breakup last night. Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Anniston. Not terrible. She was lovely. He was doofy. There was a really hot guy in it--not Vaughn. Also I watched Craft in America from public tv. That was good. There are 3 episodes -- I've watched 2 so far. Made me want to drop everything and go take classes in pottery or weaving or something.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
06-02-2007, 03:21 PM
More hilarious news out of Germany (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070601/od_nm/germany_spitting_dc_1). This time it's not an American. We must have a lot in common, Germans and Americans ;)

Cowpernia
06-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Lastest issue of Time says Mr. Brooks and You Kills Me (opening June 22, Ben Kingsley) both involve killers who join AA. If you only want to see one, they recommend You Kill Me.

The German guy fell because he was cheating. Leaning over the target is just not fair.

SugP
06-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Peachy -----> Yoga Pantssssss (http://www.barefootyoga.com/Detail.bok?no=87) galore. Mine are not made from hemp(!!??).

:moo: :moo: :moo:

Kiwonk
06-02-2007, 09:43 PM
What's a waist 8-10? 8-10 what? Those look really comfy but I can't think 8 of anything that will fit around my waist.

Cowpernia
06-03-2007, 01:59 AM
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLL !!! Kiwi, , measure your waist, divide that by eight and go find something that size. Shouldn't be hard. I think PUblix has sausages that I could use for a unit of measure. They have lots of sausages. All sizes.

We have a sweet bagger in her 50s, short, wide, a little red necky and she always offers to help people carry their stuff out. EVEN if it's ONE bag and the custome is a young man. I love to see their reactions. "You want to carry my bag? What are you trying to say?" And tonight three girls came in wearing bridal veils. Very cheeerful and cute. I had fun.

I think the yoga pants would accentuate my butt. OHHHHH I see what Kiwi means. 8-10 is the largest???? This company is owned by Letty?

SugP
06-03-2007, 07:22 AM
I know. Those are some teeny tiny yoga pants. I didn't get mine from there - mine are a nice comfy 14-sausage size and do not squeeeeeze me anywhere.

Kiwonk
06-03-2007, 02:41 PM
MMM sausages. If I can't have comfy hemp pants, at least I can have sausages...

I still haven't finished painting my Adirondack chairs--it keeps raining.

God I'm boring.

I watched John Tucker Must Die last night. Oy. Stupid teenybopper movie. And yet I watched it. I don't even want to think about what that says about me.

I'm looking at wedding pics on Bagz' facebook. Don't you wish you were on facebook?

Kiwi

Bagzz
06-03-2007, 09:08 PM
oh my heavens that wedding was fun--the bride and groom were so happy it was adorable--lets hope all goes well ---they are two peas in a pod for now and have always seemed thrilled with each other.cross your fingers----i am not worried but i know statistics!!!yes,kiwonkers--we love FACEBOOK!!

Wabby
06-04-2007, 01:38 PM
I need to see this facebook thing. How do I go there?

I've decided to stop getting hysterical about the state of my yard for the wedding. My sis has a friend who works for a golf course. She has a crew she said she could send over for an evening's work and have everything done. Let me get out my checkbook............. it will be worth it.

Mr. Brooks was indeed one of the worst movies I've seen all year. The worst part of it was, my parents went with my sis and I, and one of the scenes was a suicide with gun........I don't know how my mom sat through that.....I was ready to leave the theatre myself. I told my sister she no longer was allowed to pick the movies. Kevin Costner and Demi Moore were snoresville too. Schatz, how did you like the shootout scene with Demi and the escaped bad guy??? Amazing how many bullets they could shoot without ever reloading.

My latest favorite movies....... Waitress (absolutely wonderful) Snowcake (independent film---really, really good). I can't wait to see Evening - looks like it will be good. On DVD watch Shopgirl w/ Steve Martin (not a comedy), The Whole Wide World w/ Renee Zelwegger, also Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont by the same director. Far from Heaven with Julianne Moore, if you've never seen it is really good. All available on Netflix if you do a search. And that's my movie update.

Kiwi, I have Adirondack chairs that need paint too. Before the wedding. Probably won't happen. -------thanks for the party dress website---I'm a day late and a dollar short as usual so I've got to find something here locally.

Just got a phone call from SIL, who will be coming into town on the 13th with her 2 sons in order to see her Dad while he is still with us. She'll be staying at my house. Along with DD's future mother in law and who knows who else. After this wedding is done I'm taking myself on a retreat to the beach for a few days. All by myself.........oh, and I'm hosting Bunco next Saturday too. I think the menu is coming from Costco this time.

I saw my sweet little Kayden yesterday. It had been 6 weeks since the almost ex DIL let me see her. I spent the first 30 minutes crying b/c she didn't even know me. Her mommy said she'd start making sure I got to see her at least once a week, but she's made promises like that before and then refuses to answer her phone to me.......and I've been very careful to never criticize her or act angry with her...... and even though I call and ask to see Kaydy all the time, for some reason I feel guilty, as if it's my fault that I barely know my Granddaughter. :?:

Kiwonk
06-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Yes, it certainly looks like you all had a blast! You look adorable as usual.

I am a bug bite.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
06-04-2007, 02:05 PM
I need to see this facebook thing. How do I go there?
Here's my doggy photo album (http://tufts.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2043139&l=46f72&id=1711808)

I think it's great to farm out that yard prep -- I'm sure you'll feel so much better when it's done.

Far from Heaven with Julianne MooreThat was a beautiful movie; I would recommend it too. I think I rented the DVD, and then watched it twice!

So glad you were able to see your sweet grandbaby. It is so unfair of her mom to be putting you off like this. She must feel guilty about it at least, to be promising you can see her more often, but frankly I have relatives like that who are all sweetness and light when you are in front of them and once you're out of sight they clearly don't care if they ever see you again. Could you set up a weekly time or something? Maybe if you couched it in terms of doing her a favor by babysitting regularly so she could get out and do something? If you could just get her to accept you as a routine part of her life, it would be so much easier, it seems.

Well I hope your visitors will be more fun than work! I'd come and paint your chairs if I could afford the plane ticket!

Ta
Kiwi

P.S. Thanks, Peachie, it's so picturesque!

Cowpernia
06-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Best of wishes to all those who know how to use facebook (will try later), who are involved in weddings and all that.

I was going to to go grey. I grew my hair out so I had at least an inch of grey/brown hair and have planned for YEARS to do this over a summer. Cut it short and stop dying it. Months ago I found this woman who does a really good job with the scissors. I've been seeing her on Saturday as i work. Once she cancelled on me because she was having a photo shoot and I stood her up when DS was in the hospital. I've also rescheduled a couple of other times but didn't think it was a problem. I work. So it's summer and I can go in during the week and I call her to make an appt. She said she was in Lowe's and would call me back, could probably do it Friday. She never called. She was not hit by a truck because I saw her shopping yesterday. I have no one to cut my hair and there were coupons for hair color in the papr yesterday so I went to a different everything. I think it's darker and browner. Actually, I hoped to find my real color so I could still work on that short cutting thing again in the future.

You're welcome, Kiwi.

Kiwonk
06-04-2007, 05:10 PM
How very complicated. I think that's why I shy away from coloring my hair; it's too complicated for me. There are certainly moments when I have a horror of what it's going to look like when there is more gray than "taffy" and in my case going all gray, while probably inevitable, ain't going to be an improvement...

Gotta get off the internet, expecting a call. Well, not me personally.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
06-04-2007, 05:24 PM
When DS went to Mejico about three weeks or whatever ago, I learned the morning that he left that he had purchased travelers checks and could not find them. So I .. the mom who makes everything ok ... called and called and wormed the numbers of the checks out of the bank and filed a report with American Express and gave him the toll free Mejican number so he could call, give him his info like passaporte number and get his money back. Wellllll, he feels the number is not toll free. Has he checked? NO, I DO NOT BELIEVE HE HAS. What has he done about this? NOTHING. Why not? HE DOES NOT MINUTES ON HIS CELL PHONE. I have emailed him over and over to take the alleged toll free number and his story to someone at his school and ask if they know how he can call it. He doesn't do that BECAUSE HE HAS ALREADY DECIDED THAT HE SHOULD USE HIS USELESS CELL PHONE OR SOMETHING. Now, he says he's almost out of money and HE ADDS, he won't call American Express because .... :frypan: :frypan: :frypan: HE HAS DECIDED THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME (3 weeks) FOR THEM TO GET THE MONEY TO HIM>>>>>>>> I am so irritated, annoyed, agitated, mad.

Bagzz
06-04-2007, 11:58 PM
there is nothing more irritating than a kidult====that is my new word---kids that say they are adults but they don't act like adults------what the **** is an adult anyway--anyone who doe qualify only acts like one half the time.How often do we act like kids. i feel yer pain cowpern!!

Cowpernia
06-05-2007, 12:16 AM
KIDULT !!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to call him that. No, I won't. I just got phone call and email from lcp who wants him to visit her in NY. OK by me, I say, I just want him to pay his own car insurance. Then ... she says she's going to Korea and wants him to visit her THEREEEEE> Why doesn't anyone want ME TO VISIT????????

That Hardee's commericial with the stripper is weird.

Schatzi
06-05-2007, 09:00 AM
I'd visit you Cowpeach. but I think we should all go to the moose lodge instead. I dont understand man-child DS. You must want to pull out your greyish brown hair.... I found the puuuurfect shade for my hair finally... its the same color as my natural brown so you dont see the roots come in. and now they FINALLY made a root touch up product so you dont have to buy a whole thing of stuff...

Wabby: that scene was so silly... ok I hear that it is true that you could miss the side of a barn with pistols, but really, 5 feet away and100 bullets later??? I dont know why bad movies irk me so much...pieceacrap :tantrum: Far from Heaven was veryvery good. I would rent that one again. I think Kiwi has a good plan to ask DIL to let you babysit so you can see your precious GD. I totally understand how you feel guilty-as illogical as it is, I felt the same with my neice and nephew...

Where is bagz facebook, i want to see wedding pics!

Schatzi
06-05-2007, 10:50 AM
NEWS FLASH! I might get a job :dance:!!!! It's for a big software company headquartered in Dublin Ireland.. they want me to fly up to Boston next week to meet with them !!!I'm nervous and ascared and exxxcited!

Cowpernia
06-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Shots, I am so excited for you!!! Now, you don't have to visit me! We can go to Ireland. YAYYYY. I need a job next. And by next, I mean now.

Best of luck on the interview.

Schatzi
06-05-2007, 11:39 AM
oooh thankyou Cowie!!!! It might just be a contract job for a few months but at this point I will take anything Im sooooo bloody bored...and this assignment is for designing a claim engine for an insurance company...major big use of my rapidly degrading brain.
I am all atwitter!!!!!!!

Wabby
06-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Schatzi!! wonderful news! -- with one reserve ---- you must still have time to visit the pasture. Otherwise, I approve of your gainful employment. Who's up for going to Dublin to hang at the pub while Schatz is working? :cheers:

Schatzi, the babysitting idea is wonderful, but Kaydy's mommy already has a built in babysitter in her mother and sister in law. The problem is, she doesn't want to leave Kaydy alone with me. I don't know why. I've done the baby proofing the house thing, I watch her every second, I have the approved carseat (which I've never gotten to use) I have the high chair, the toys, etc. I just don't get to have the baby. I know I could probably go to court and get court ordered grandparent visitation, but I would really like to do it on a friendly basis, and court has a way of causing more problems than they solve.

PainterWoman
06-06-2007, 01:08 AM
Peekaboo!
I'm crabby, fat, but back one more time. DS was married in the style which he and DIL chose. A bit "mid-western" for my taste (i.e., small town) but very friendly and lots of fun. Now that it's over I am out of denial about my girth. (VERY WIDE)
I like the word Kidult.
Shots-- good luck in Boston AND I completely recommend Dublin.
Have y'all switched to the new blogs? or still doing journals? I was kind of used to the old names. Hmm. progress?
Best to all.

Kiwonk
06-06-2007, 02:15 PM
NO KEYBRD AGAIN!#!:censored: DD kild it:bomb: Hav to cut&paste :yay:Shots:hyper: ME TO VISIT Dublin to hang at the pub!!! :twirly: Cowpernia DS:stress: :tantrum: :faint: Cows atwitter for moose
:wave: :coffee2: :love:Kiwi

Cowpernia
06-06-2007, 03:20 PM
I have been denying this pain in my abdomen. Today, I got a call from the director the agency I worked for asking me to meet her. I did. She fired me. My insurance runs out June 30 so I went and made a dr appt. I have been putting it off because I don't have $ for the deductible but now I have no choice.

Kiwonk
06-06-2007, 05:12 PM
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! :mad: :bb: Whatsamatter with those people????

At least you'll get unemployment, won't you?

I put in a new keyboard. I type even worse on this one. It's not ergonomic. I can't do anything without hurtyhurtyhurthurt now. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGH
I just started using it and my hands hurt already.

DH and DD went fishing today. Apparently they caught 6 fish. I haven't seen them yet (the fish). Then DD went to work. I don't think she showered, although she did change her clothes :dizzy: I hope she doesn't smell like a trout or anything.

Here's the good news: regular keyboards are so uncomfortable for me that I will not be typing much, so I perhaps I will keep some of my extraneous thoughts to myself. Who benefits? Anyone who reads this forum.

KiwiOwie

SugP
06-06-2007, 05:41 PM
She fired me

Noooooooo! Say it ain't so! That is NOT good, Peachy. :hug: But maybe this means that something new is waiting for you just around the corner???

I kinda like the keyboardless cuttin' and pastin' Kiwi! So creative.

I am making raisin buns for the library ladies breakfast tomorrow. Wheee.

PainterWoman
06-06-2007, 06:20 PM
I have been denying this pain in my abdomen. director ... fired me.

Awwwwwww, Cowie. What a crummy coupla bumps in the road to deal with at the same time. Please keep us posted about the pain in your middle. New pains are pretty important, usually. (Old pains are another story.):hug:

I'm with SugP and hope you'll find something better that you actually enjoy.

As for me, even though I know I didn't just wake up fat one morning, THAT'S how it feels. :cry: :cry: :cry: I think if I can resolve to "feel the pain" I can give up the Kit Kats and chocolate. And if I keep taking the physical pain medications, I might even be able to get some exercise going.

Kiwi-- My office OS is so old I can't find anything to download to improve it... but my keyboard is OK. On the other hand, my keyboard at home has been used so much that all the letters in the middle are missing... and I stend to ryoe tgubgs kuje tgus (tend to type things like this) if I don't pay really close attention.

DH invited me to go on a business trip with him beginning on the 15th. Los Angeles. Whooee. Traffic, palm trees, Trader Joes, Borders, in-hotel "gym" and lots of things to draw, paint or take photos of. (Plus there's still unfinished knitting. ALWAYS knitting WIPs.:cool:

Thanks y'all for not kicking me out.:)

Schatzi
06-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Painty, we cows got an open door policy :hug: I would go and enjoy Lalaland! We just got a Trader Joes here.. picked up a few "exotic" items there......

Cowhand, I'm soooo sorry this didn't work out :hug: I hope you get to collect unemployment whilst you look for another job.. job hunting absolutely sux. oh woe

Suggie yer a regular betty crockering suzy homemaker! I stopped buying all treats, and now I might be reduced to making something ..actually BAKING some box crap that's prolly near expiration if I want somethin sweet.... if I use applesauce in place of oil I feel I can eat with a clear conscious...feel free to use my logic at anytime.

Kiwi: This hurtiness hurtitis is getting me rrrrreal worrrried now... its like ferever with NO relief :tantrum: can't they give you some nsaids, or muscle relaxants or something?????? is it joint,bone or muscle or tendon or ligament related..what exactly is the problem????? I wish to give you a definitive diagnosis, and RX of take 2 large cookies with milk :hug:

Wabby: would it help to have a loving pleading chat with DIL? or is she one of those thats get uncomfortable, and then gets alienated and never comes around.... It is terrible though that she is doing this and you may have to take her to court... how caaaaaaaaaaaaarappy!

I sat on the computer all day...well, not literally :rolleyes: doin research on this company and stuff.

Kiwonk
06-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Raisin Buns! That's what happens if you spend too much time outside nekkid in Maine -- you'll have an ***full of bug bites!

I am now an interesting shade of pink...on my legs (no, not my buns) ...in splotches. I was scratching like mad and finally resorted to the calamine lotion.

My puter is a Windows 98. Because I am really at heart one of those people who hate change. I have 2 programs on here that I use regularly which are not available for anything more recent than W98, and those are my excuse for hanging onto this dinosaur. One of these days I'll have to give in, I suppose, but if it's anything like giving in to this brand new keyboard, it will not be fun. Not all change is good. And good lord, if you there's nothing else worthwhile about being over 50, at least you know the difference between a good change and a bad one.

This keyboard is black and sort of shiny. If I keep it in shadow, I can't find keys I need like End and Control, but if I pull it out in the light, I can't read most of the keys anyway because of the glare. :rolleyes:

Honest to god, I don't really LIKE to complain constantly, but it sure seems like that's all I do, doesn't it? Don't feel you have to answer that.

Scroll alert: more complaining below

Schatzi, since you asked -- this tennis elbow thing is never going to go away as long as I keep aggravating it, by using the computer, throwing tennis balls for the dog, driving, and lifting things. I guess I could somehow take 2 or 3 weeks and actually not do any of those things, but if I'm not on a spaceship or a desert island, I don't see it happening. The pain meds don't do enough to get rid of the problem, neither did the cortisone shot or the ice or the stretching or the exercises or the massage. So I'm trying to "manage" it. The first phase in managing it, changing my mouse to a rollerball I could switch hands with, resulted in pain in both elbows instead of just one. And so it goes.

I wonder where my leetle DD is. She went to work at 4 PM and I haven't heard a peep from her. Prehops I should get offline and see if she has called.

I am teaching Jet to bring me all kinds of things. Today I was putting away some winter boots and I showed her one I had in my hand and got her to get the mate and drag it over. It was adorable! Who knows, maybe one day she will be good enough to be a service dog. I also have convinced her to sit and stay in the kitchen while I let the cats outside. This is so hilarious because the cats are very skeptical -- I call them to go outside and they tiptoe towards me looking at Jet the whole time, because they can't believe she's not going to pounce on them.

There. That wasn't complaining.

Kiwi

Wabby
06-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Maybe Jet could be a service dog that knows how to keyboard. That would be helpful.

10 day weather forecast for wedding day ------ chance of sprinkles, 77 degrees. Sprinkles I could live with-------just don't want torrential rain:rain: I have not shopped for the mother of the bride mumu yet.

Peach, you know I care. I'm so bummed for you.

Schatzi, I do have loving chats w/ DIL, and she's all agreeable and such, but then the next time I call her, she won't answer her phone or her voice mails. She told me that Kaydy & she would be at the wedding, that Kaydy could be a flower girl, but I also know that I can go buy the flowergirl dress and then she won't show up. It's a 50/50 chance. I guess I'll just leave all the tags on until I actually see Kaydy that day.

Did I mention that I'm hosting Bunco on Saturday??? that my sister in law and the mother & sister of the groom will be here next Wednesday??? I need to have places for everyone to sleep and food in the house, and I don't have anyone who could fill in at work for me any of that time???? I'm feeling just a bit overwhelmed. :yikes: The only thing that keeps me going is the thought that when it's over I can go in my room and close the door....... and also, the thought that if the whole wedding turns out to be a disorganized fiasco, that it's not the worst thing in the world that could happen. I'm familiar with much worse things than a botched wedding day. :(

Kiwonk
06-07-2007, 07:01 PM
I think you'll get through it with shining colors, Wab. I just hope you don't stress out too much to enjoy it.

By the way, will you please go shopping for a dress, before I have a heart attack!! :lol:

Oh I really hope Kaydy will be in the wedding, that would be so adorable! How is DD dealing with it all? Is she excited?

Painty, I'm glad your DS's wedding went off well. You know we're always glad to see you here, regardless of how often. Enjoy LA. I had a blast there last time we went (which must have been 11 or 12 years ago). As long as we didn't try to drive during rush hour, the driving wasn't bad at all.

Well, I got back to painting the chairs today, and I have the bug bites to prove it. Unfortunately, I ran out of paint :rolleyes: My goodness this is turning into the bottomless project. When I get done with this I want to paint our new steps/deck (do you still call it a deck when it's really only a large landing?)

Peachie, are you okay? Where are you? I think they still have jobs at the Big Moose, do you want to work there?

I was looking up some folks who sell at a big farmers market nearby -- would you buy food from these people?

Cowpernia
06-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Yes, they look like they know their crops.

I seem to have an enlarged spleen.

Cherry Cow
06-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Peachie, I'm sorry. Maybe the Universe is freeing you up for better things.

Kiwonk
06-07-2007, 11:39 PM
Yikes, no wonder you feel so carpy. What's the doc planning to do about it?

Cowpernia
06-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Cherry, I'm confused. Do you mean Miss Universe? Would that be the one from Japan? I wonder what she has in store for me.

Doctor plans to find out what causes it. Lab work. CTI. Colonosphy.

SugP
06-08-2007, 05:22 AM
NEWS FLASH! I might get a job :dance:!!!!

Wheee! Way to go! And of course this means they will be sending you to Dublin all the time and then you will tell them you have "business on the continent" and you will come visit meeee and charge it to them. :D

I know I could probably go to court and get court ordered grandparent visitation, but I would really like to do it on a friendly basis, and court has a way of causing more problems than they solve.

This is just so sad, Wabby. Dil sounds like she has so much growing up to do. I really hope Kaydy can be in the wedding.

Peekaboo!
DS was married in the style which he and DIL chose. A bit "mid-western" for my taste (i.e., small town) but very friendly and lots of fun.

You mean macaroni salad in tupperware containers and jellied desserts? Been there, done that, the couple is still married. :D I'm glad it went well.

My puter is a Windows 98. Because I am really at heart one of those people who hate change. I have 2 programs on here that I use regularly which are not available for anything more recent than W98, and those are my excuse for hanging onto this dinosaur.

Oh how I long for the days of Windows 98!! Everything was so easy back then. We just got a laptop with Windoze Vista on it and wifi connection and gahhhhhhh! :dizzy: :dizzy:

this tennis elbow thing is never going to go away as long as I keep aggravating it,

Oh pooh, that's not good. And being in constant pain is such a drag. Not that it's a pleasant alternative, but can they operate on things like this and give you a new bionic elbow? :(

the thought that if the whole wedding turns out to be a disorganized fiasco, that it's not the worst thing in the world that could happen. I'm familiar with much worse things than a botched wedding day.

No matter what happens, it WON't be a fiasco. If there are glitches, people will understand and yes, what you've gone through/are going through really puts things into perspective. :hug:

I seem to have an enlarged spleen.

Oy! And gosh. I looked it up and there are a 1,001 different causes. Of course your doc will find out it's something totally harmless, give you good drugs and you will be HEALED. At least you know what it is now. Better than worrying and speculating.

Hey Cherry! How are ya? I saw your cutie patootie picture at Face Book. Too adorable.

Bagzieee - Can you PM me a link to your Face Book pics? I want to see yas all looking spiffy.

They eschewed my raisin buns yesterday and threw themselves at the smoked salmon instead. Hmmmphh. S'okay though. I ate three on the way home and ds14 finished off the rest.

I will be spending the entire day folding laundry. I keep having these visions of suddenly having to go somewhere and not being able to find clean underwear for everyone. Good motivator, that. :yes:

Schatzi
06-08-2007, 12:21 PM
It's Bloody hot here!!!! :flame: :faint: and humid!!!! And Fat Schatzi doesn't do well in this weather!!! I turn into a highly nasally whiner :tantrum: Whhhhaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

Wouldnt it be wonderful if human fat would sizzle off in this kinda weather???? The gutters would be human fat trap collectors like a george foreman grill!!!! Sigh... I can dream cant I?

Sugah: sounds like them librarians are reading too much healthy eating stuff... hmmpf, I would ate them raisin doohickabobs.

Peachy: I'm a worried for ya. :( but its prolly some benign infection thingy. :hug:

Wabby: DIL has some growing up to do... or she is getting other "advice" from others... I hate to sound paranoid but is there any reason why the DIL friend or family would give her reason to withhold Kaydy from her husbands mother??? It sounds like she is darling, and then when she has to follow through, she avoids the issue by not showing up or answering the phone...or is she depressed? Is she having coping problems? (Sorry to sound like Peanuts "Lucy" and hanging out the shingle :lol: ) but it could be a dozen things going on.... It sounds to me that you are doing all you can in a healthy loving manner--- Gawd bless ya! Can we play internet bunco???? that would be somethin.... Im glad you are entertaining again Wabby, you need it as much as you think you dont want to do it. :hug:

Cherry cow!!!! HI hi hi! come back here and brings us up to date... andyou tooo Painty!!

Kiwi, its taken me 2 summers here to learn I cannot go out for a second without bug spray!!!! YOu must wear it or you will turn into a giant chigger/blackfly/mosquito bite!!! And you will complain .. and kvetch!!!! cuz it is painfully itchy!!!!! and scars your milky skin!!!!

Baggysagasourous --where ARE YOU!!!! REPORT IN STAT!!!

Speaking of clothes... (do you like that seque) What do you think I should wear to this interview? It's a 2 hour plane trip and a 10 minute cab ride to this joint.... Should I wear a work dress with low heeled pumps with GOD HELP ME PANTYHOSE? or black pants, top with a blazer? I dont like skirts... I have huge hips and cutting me half would be a "What not to Wear" for me. I cant wear button down shirts because if a shirt fits everywhere- they wont across my bresteses, and I need a safety pin .
I also got another lead, and it looks like I may be flying out to Calif the following week... I hate loooong flights...

Cowpernia
06-08-2007, 12:23 PM
I have nothing really to say. Of course, this could turn out not to be a spleenie thing at all, I guess. Had lab work today and need to go get a CTI. That's all. Ta.

Schatzi
06-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Kiwi... Windows....98? might as well have a hand crank on that puter ... fer gawd sake!!!! there must be some equitable replacement programs for your beloved ones!!!!

Schatzi
06-08-2007, 12:47 PM
has anyone Ever eaten moose? like moose sausage, filet of moose. moosekabobs, Mooseburger. legomoose?roastmoose? does it taste like chicken? or Emu? like lamb or beef? is it gamey? mild? fatty? how much cholesterol?
Gawd I need this job! I am going InSANE!!!! I cant stay home much longer and claim that I am actually enjoying it !!!!!!

Schatzi
06-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Well till we know more, fingers crossed :crossed: cowie that it is some anomoly.

Kiwonk
06-08-2007, 01:23 PM
has anyone Ever eaten moose?Just popped in to say Yes, indeed, people eat moose a-plenty around here. Of course, it is not in any way domesticated, so you don't find it in restaurants. Ya gotta shoot it. :cool: I've had moose burgers (dry) and DD'sbf's family had some moose last winter and I hear BF made spaghetti and mooseballs with it. I didn't get any of that, but DD liked it. It is a bit gamey, not oily, kind of like venison. I suppose it's quite lean.

Gotta go, today is Class Day at the high school where the graduating seniors put on a show. DDbf is playing the piano for some of the performers.

Kiwi

Schatzi
06-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Well I as a carnivorus... would love to try it...Dare I say -- I like venison.. I like venison roasts and snasages. On the other hand, I would not like to shoot it... I prefer it saran wrapped, or freezer wrapped. Has anyone watched Debra Messing in StarterWife on USA? I tivo'ed it -watch the 2 episodes this morn... I just Love her!!! I was over Grace and Will years before it ended...but she is just a delightful light comedian actress. I wonder if Gigi Glazer (writer and soon to be ex wife of Brian Glazer, life long biz partner of Ron Opie /Ritchie Cunningham Howard) is writing from the "inside hollywood" know.... I bet she is.... ooooh just DELISH!

Schatzi
06-08-2007, 01:32 PM
kiwi-- if you can -- send some mooosic from DDDBF our way!! I would love to hear more of his playing... Xmas was just a taste of it - and he is just a delight to listen tooo.have fun!!!

Schatzi
06-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Crap! Everbuddy must be busy today :kickcan: so I haveta tawk ta myself :rolleyes: sooo, I tried on stuff I had in my closet from Years of Yore when I was a workin gal... and stuff is toooo big...okay , not like falling off me but ..too big, and I have stuff that has SHOULDERMAPADS! that are sooo dated and big... I am in a quandry.... I have very unusual body which if I werent so stingy, I would go to a tailor to have stuff fitted right... and now after watching one to many episodes of What not to Wear, I think I shoud heed their advise in the future.... but I only have like NO TIME for this to happen, so I'm thinking of wearing black pants, with a black top, and a red blazer that has black piping with gold buttons... it's my "go to" ensemble...
Then I have this light tan column dress (not good for hippy folks) that comes with a long duster, that is another favorite, but whilst the dress fits, the duster looks to big :tantrum: or... I could GO OUT SHOPPING for a new ensemble which is close to a nightmare for me as I care to get.... okay, I think I will try to look for a new outfit, take the tan one to the cleaners, and if all else fails - wear my tried and true Red black number...
I need help!!

Cowpernia
06-08-2007, 05:49 PM
I guess I read too fast because I THOUGHT IT SAID Shots was going to an interview in a red and black lumberjack outfit. Maybe with a moose on a leash.

I do not think mooseballs sound tasty.

LCP in in NY working for the UN and has invited DS to visit her on her dime. To get the best deal, she has booked them on a tour of NY, Washington, Niagara Falls and NJ. NJ I don't get. What will they see in NJ Shots? Anyway, everyone except DS will be Korean. All the literature will be in Korean. Tour guide will speak Korean. Etc. The tour includes hotels and all that and I said, "You'll be there won't you?" and she said, "Of course I won't be in the same room." But ... she had just said that he didn't have to share a room, of course. But I said, "You won't send him off alone, will you?" She'll be in the hotel but, of course, in a different room. He'll be in the one he doesn't have to share. Not sure where she'll be but not there, of course.

Schatzi
06-08-2007, 06:36 PM
And LCP attempts to sell the Brooklyn (not part of NJ) Bridge to MommaPeach... :s: Close yer eyes and ears pernie... and make sure DS has learned the value of raincoats.
My BELOVED NJ :cloud9: so misaligned..so terribly misunderstood.,,
it has been said for years that NYCity, should be annexed to NJ.. case in point: Newark International airport (the hubbub to the WORLD ) is located in NJ-- a mear 20 minutes into NYC -- unlike NY States closest airport into the city-- might as well take another flight from there to newark..to get to NYC ... and Newark is prononced as NEWerk,not NEW ARK as in Delaware (otherwise known and loved as the SALES TAX FREEEEEEEE shopping capital of the states) -- Unfortunately folks who fly in see and smell the oil refineries and dont see our loverly beaches nor mountains nor country side... YET ! They do get to see and ride upon our TURNPIKE !!! made famous by The Sopranos! YES!! I am a Joisey Broad --for I know each one of those landmarks you may see on the opening credits..

And lest we forget that the Giants play in Jersey!!! Yes yes! and their biggest Fans are from Jersey!!! Yet they continue to be the New York
Giants...

oooh my Jersey, how I miss you! :cloud9:

Wabby
06-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Schatz, maybe you and I could go shopping together........ me for the mother of the bride mumu, you, for the power interview outfit.........
you really must come to Oregon------- no sales tax here -- none, nada .............. and it's against the law to pump our own gas........ we have polite (yeah, sure) attendants to do it for us. It's a whole different world out here on the left edge of the continent.

Cherry Cow
06-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Oops, I meant the job, not the spleen! Sorry!

Cowpernia
06-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Cherry, I feel like I missed something.

PainterWoman
06-09-2007, 03:12 AM
The only thing that keeps me going is the thought that when it's over I can go in my room and close the door....... and also, the thought that if the whole wedding turns out to be a disorganized fiasco, that it's not the worst thing in the world that could happen. I'm familiar with much worse things than a botched wedding day. :(
Perspective, and @#$%'d life experience does help in some ways, doesn't it. How rewarding to train a service dog!!

Painty, I'm glad your DS's wedding went off well. You know we're always glad to see you here, regardless of how often. Enjoy LA. I had a blast there last time we went (which must have been 11 or 12 years ago). As long as we didn't try to drive during rush hour, the driving wasn't bad at all.
There are photos of the wedding here (http://www.myweddingprints.com), but you need the password which is Jennifer 812.

You mean macaroni salad in tupperware containers and jellied desserts? Been there, done that, the couple is still married. :D I'm glad it went well.
Not quite... but there was a buffet with a choice of fried chicken or mystery meat (salisbury steak, maybe?) with gravy. I tended to stick to the rolls, champagne and cake.

and stuff is toooo big...okay , not like falling off me but ..too big, !!
GOOD LUCK. I am mostly green with envy that you have clothes that are too big. Wish I did. DD gave me tons of things that are now too big for her that are still 2 or 3 sizes too small for me. Incentive.

no sales tax here -- none, nada .............. and it's against the law to pump our own gas........ we have polite (yeah, sure) attendants to do it for us. It's a whole different world out here on the left edge of the continent.
Didn't know that. Texas doesn't have an INCOME tax, but the sales tax is 8.125 % and there are no services to speak of. Would love to bet back to the ULH corner of the country. Especially when it is hot and humid here.

Will try not to whine. Best to all.l

Kiwonk
06-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Not that it's a pleasant alternative, but can they operate on things like this and give you a new bionic elbow?
Well, there is an operation that they dangle out there as a threat, I mean last resort, but it seems to involve detaching things :eek: -- I don't think I can deal with that.

Windows....98? might as well have a hand crank on that puter ... fer gawd sake!!!! there must be some equitable replacement programs for your beloved ones!!!!Actually no, I've looked, nothing usable for free anyway. I have this lovely quirky program called Sidekick where I have all my calendar/appointment/address card file info. MS Outlook is a piece of sh** compared to it.

Has anyone watched Debra Messing in StarterWife on USA? I wondered if that was any good. Haven't watched any of it.

kiwi-- if you can -- send some mooosic from DDDBF our way!! I would love to hear more of his playing...Ahh, I wish. He is one of those very self-effacing people who would never dream of making a recording or even very often playing solo piano. He will play to accompany anyone who asks though, so maybe I should conspire with DD to get him to learn something really good that she can play guitar to or something. Hmmm sneaky.

HOW DO YOU GUYS STAND TO TYPE ON THESE REGULAR KEYBOARDS???? MY WRISTS ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have very unusual body How does that song go, "If I told you I had a very unusual body, would you get me a tailor?"

What will they see in NJ Shots?I believe Ellis Island counts as a NJ tourist stop, no? You always have to go to NJ and take a ferry. But for foreigners, maybe a ride on the Garden State Pkwy would be fun; kind of like bumper cars, you know.
I said, "You'll be there won't you?" and she said, "Of course I won't be in the same room." But ...:lol: Sometimes it's fun to watch them jump through hoops, don't you think?

How rewarding to train a service dog!!
Well, I suppose with Jet, it's a bit of a stretch, since she still knocks you over jumping on you in her enthusiasm and pulls me off my feet on the leash. But she is a good retriever anyway.
there was a buffet with a choice of fried chicken or mystery meat (salisbury steak, maybe?) with gravy.:hungry: I love mystery meat.

Later gators. My extremities hurt I've got to quit.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
06-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Painty, I love the wedding pics! You look lovely, and your dh is adorable! And your kids are gorgeous -- I assume that's your dd in the polkadot dress? She's beautiful! And your son looks very handsome in a tux.

The couple is so cute -- I love the bride with her bare feet up in the limo. Hope they'll be very happy.

Kiwi

P.S. Hottie alert. Bride's brother. Don't say I sent you.

PainterWoman
06-11-2007, 12:52 AM
Painty, I love the wedding pics! You look lovely, and your dh is adorable! And your kids are gorgeous -- I assume that's your dd in the polkadot dress? She's beautiful! And your son looks very handsome in a tux.
The couple is so cute -- I love the bride with her bare feet up in the limo. Hope they'll be very happy.
P.S. Hottie alert. Bride's brother. Don't say I sent you.
Oooh, Kiwi, you made my day. Maybe my whole weekend. Thanks for looking! Yeah, the brother is cute! Yes, it's DD in the polkadots. She's now run TWO 5K races. I have an off spring who has some athleticism. AMAZING. So proud of her. I might have to get lots of joints replaced or bionicized to do the same, but I've got yoga and walking plans on the brain. Finally.

Baggz... SO sorry to hear about nutcase stalker ruining your daughter's peace of mind. It isn't too surprising when nutcase kids have nutcase parents (present company excluded, of course!!). I was pretty blown away when I read The Sociopath Next Door (http://www.amazon.com/Sociopath-Next-Door-Martha-Stout/dp/0767915828/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-7030056-7188061?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181533797&sr=8-1). It can help sort the "obsessed" from the "dangerous" as well as help readers understand who is likely to be nice, helpful, cooperative and "like a good scout" and who is merely going through the motions until they can (figuratively) stab somebody in the back.
Can't believe it is so close to Monday again. Pfffffffffffft

Cowpernia
06-11-2007, 01:30 PM
I just got a letter from the IRS saying that when I did my online filing, I didn't sign something. So they sent something to sign and an envelope to return it in. The envelope has a window but nowhere have they provided a paper with an address to fit in that window. I tend to think that other people and agencies have it more together than I do and am surprised often.

Bagz, how does the oh-so-creepy-guy know where in Europe your dd goes? I would be a nervous wreck, too. Does he appear normal like Painty is saying? When is she coming home? Maybe you've said this. Sorry if so.

Kiwonk
06-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Oh my if it isn't one thing it's another. ------------------ The more stink you make the more likely he is to get harrassed enough to give up, I would think.

--------------------

Can I really learn how to distinguish sincere people from insincere? Sign me up!!

So cool that your DD is running, Painty. Makes you feel good for her future health, I'm sure.

I should probably stop typing and save my elbow. I am going to start from scratch and attempt to design a treatment program for it; it's so bad I couldn't sleep. Well, I couldn't sleep much. ;)

Well, here's the interesting news around here: after we spent the weekend haggling and discussing and arguing and negotiating with DD, who is feeling imprisoned here with us this summer (get out the violins), she came home last night and told us that one of her best friends (male) came out of the closet to his family and close friends. Sweet kid, must have been really hard. This is not the kind of community that supports homosexuality in any way, but at least his family is pretty accepting (although his devout Catholic grandmother will have some real heartache about it).

And furthermore it's really hot here and buggy. I will be doing nothing today.

Kiwi

Bagzz
06-11-2007, 08:17 PM
well as you would expect,he found out everything about her on the internet.surprising eh--not really----it's lots of fun this internet,but it seems to be a double edged sword. i think i will take down everything i have written about it and if you want to know what's up,you can email me---thanks my darling friends!

Kiwonk
06-12-2007, 12:23 AM
I guess you're probably right about that; I'll go edit out direct references to it in mine as well. It's so easy to forget that this stuff lasts forever and is available to anyone who really wants it.

DH went to the big city overnight for a sleep study (he has sleep apnea, so has to have another sleep study every few years I guess). So DD and BF took me out for dinner. Just a quick meal at a diner, but it was fun to do something different. Especially after sitting here fuming for a while about this: DH called to see I had left a message on his cell, which I hadn't. We both use a prepaid phone because they are dirt cheap, but he hardly ever uses his because he doesn't want to "use up" his minutes. Anyway, he asked if there was anything going on, and I started to tell him what I'd been doing. Just being conversational, you know. He cut me off and said he was going to hang up. Didn't want to use up his minutes. Apparently he couldn't spend the 25c it might have cost to listen to me for a few seconds. Naturally, I understand, since he just spent over $900 on a piece of electronic equipment he "wants" so he can scan slides and film negatives. After all, you spend that kind of money, you might not have a quarter left to be courteous to your wife, right? Gotta have your priorities, eh? :mad:

It's a good thing DD called not too long after, or I would probably still be plotting revenge...

:no:

This is not what I signed up for.

Peachie, how is your window envelope? I would like to think about something more like that for a while.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
06-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Cowie--
Just what you need, the IRS messing with you. I am wishing you something fabulous by week's end. Don't know what will happen.... Best to you.:hug:

Kiwi: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you, too. You could really steam the hubby by TEXTING HIM what you wrote here. I support your right to be heard and to come before his "minutes." The least he could have done was tell you that he'd listen to you at length when he was face to face.

I think Face Book and MySpace lull people into saying too much. I'm less concerned about "normal" blogs. I wonder if that's naive.

As far as sorting out the sincere people from the insincere... I think it's like finding "tells" with poker players. You CAN learn to pick up signals... The signals are not 100% guaranteed, but they can appropriately tune up your B--- S--- detector.

Kiwonk
06-12-2007, 02:14 AM
You could really steam the hubby by TEXTING HIM what you wrote here. :lol: good idea!! I can have my fantasy revenge -- perhaps made better by texting something very sweet. Devilishly good.

You are probably right about facebook and myspace -- they are so intrinsic to many (especially students') lives that they don't think about the risks. But I'm not sure bloggers are any more careful.

G'night fellow cowsies

Kiwi

Wabby
06-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Bagz, at least your DD is smart enough to realize the danger. Anytime I caution my DD she tells me she can take care of herself. She's waaaay too confident in that ability. Causes me worry.

Painty, the wedding pictures were beautiful! What great looking people, you included my dear! I hope DD's photos turn out well - she's having the posed photos done in black and white and the candids will be in color. I'd have preferred color all the way around, but dang, I'm not the bride, I don't get to choose.

I've got a list a mile long------ I'd better get moving.....

Bagzz
06-12-2007, 04:48 PM
i don't understand where painty's pics are---i will now scan back and see where this reference is!!! wow!!! all the cow related weddings this season!!!!how DID we get this effin old!!!!------update---the creature's mother called me and told me the he is coming home,but unfortunately no one believes him or her anymore---if it's true,i will be so happy but i have my doubts.

Kiwonk
06-12-2007, 06:31 PM
I hope it's true, Bagz!!!

DH came home from his sleep study this morning and went up and took a nap. :lol:

DD and bf are currently upholstering an old couch of mine to put in her room. It sure looks purty. Too bad it's not quite long enough to stretch out on.... :rollpin:

Kiwi

Kiwonk
06-13-2007, 02:45 PM
My old (27 year old!) couch has been given new life -- I was very impressed: DD and BF lugged the thing out of the attic, vacuumed and shampooed it all, drove to Stinkytown to buy fabric to cover it with (found it at Marden's (http://www.mardenssurplus.com/), as in yay it wasn't malwart), upholstered the couch itself, hauled out the sewing machine and sewed covers for the cushions and pillows, and moved the finished couch up to DD's room. All in one day. Clearly DD has received some genes from someone besides me or DH...

Here's a picture, not all that good, but you can see what a nice job they did on the gold fabric. It's harder to see the maroon fabric, but it coordinates nicely.

Kiwi

Bagzz
06-13-2007, 04:37 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWW THAT IS SO COOL AND VERY ARABIAN/GLAMOROUS !!!!!! DON'T YOU LOVE THE INGENUITY OF THE YOUNG!!!!-----the creature's mother called to say he would arrive back tomorrow night but i will not believe it til i see it.

Bagzz
06-13-2007, 06:30 PM
i found painty's wedding pics!! WOW!!! gorgeous group of people---what a beautiful bride and stunning outfit she had on----painty ,you looked so sweet and proud of your baby!!!!-----------------i forget who wanted my nephew's pics----was it you wabby---JOIN FACEBOOK YOU NINNIES!!! WE COULD HAVE FUN THERE!!!

Kiwonk
06-14-2007, 03:23 PM
I'll second that! In spite of the fact that college students roll their eyes if they find adults on facebook, the numbers are growing. It's a great place to share photos -- they upload easily and you can control who is able to see your photos. And, like we've been doing, you can send the link to see a particular photo album to someone who's not on facebook and they can still see them (without being able to see other stuff on facebook).

And Bagz and I and Cherry are there. What more could you want?

Well, I think I'll go brave the frigging mosquitoes and attempt to finish that ridiculous paintjob. :rolleyes:

Ta
Kiwi

Bagzz
06-14-2007, 06:52 PM
come on kiwonk--lets keep harping on it til they all join--i know wabby and peachbat and sugar know how to run blogs and facebook is MUCH easier than blogging----i have never had so much fun uploading pics--you can load 60 pics on their faster than it took me to load six onto flickr!!!!---and we could start a cow network!!!

Schatzi
06-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Where do I find these FACEBOOKS!!! I want to see our fabulous Paintys family ...and Bagzillas pics and and and.... link me in !!!!!

Bags! :hug: How HORRENDOUS!!! DD must be a strong woman to deal with that creature!!!! I order you a double Margie to help deal!!!

Okayyyyyy....Kiwi......is there NOTHING DD doesn't do well? :dz: That couch is GAWJIS!!! I love the colors, how vibrant How Haremish!!!! Yes yes Haggybaggyone is correct! Arabian nightish!!! DD can add master upholstering to her list of accomplishments...

Wabby..hows that :write: list coming.... The event is this weekend right????? you must be in a TIZZZZZZZZ :faint:

Well gals, for my interview I bought a beautiful Turquoise and black pant suit. I went to the store and asked this fellow shopper in passing if she thought that this was a good outfit for an interview... well our discussion then seemed to recruit other shoppers - and it was just delightful and comical to have all this women I didnt know help me select outfits and critique them as I modeled them.. I wish you were all there! Soooo, it was unanymous (i hate that word- obviously I cant spell it) ..I bought it... and I did look very nice... The interview went from about 9:45 am to about 4:15 pm.. :faint: It started out as a strict 6-8 week Contract job, to a contract-to-hire discusssion. They took me to lunch where I gave them even more "free" information... and told them if they want to really move into this market, they will need someone who can "talk the talk"... Their big concern was having someone who can go up against the big consulting firms like Mercer and Towers... Anyway, I then get to the airport, where I get up for a minute or two,and a maintanence worker picked up my portfolio :yikes: I come back and this lady tells me that the janitor took it... so I have to leave the secure area... hunting down these janitors... my flight Delayed for 2 hours is NOW boarding!!! I have to go through the security check point AGAIN!!! running to get to my gate..I see this janitor and ask about a black portfolio... HE HAS IT!!!!!! Grab and RUN like the wind :faint: OY!!! Poor DH is waiting in Terminal A, but we landed in Terminal C.... we finally meet up ..and well you know the rest..... and now, this afternoon I get a phone call from the Boston company.... They want to have me on board as a Fulltime employee out of the gate!!! :woohoo: they asked that I put together a figure and benefit package for review.... :dance: I still am obligated to see these other interviews through but...its nice to know that I have an offer.... although me and DH are positive thinkers..I have to consider a job that has a substantial salary and benefits in case he can no longer work :( So as you can see...we had some real ups and downs over the last 48 hours!

Bagzz
06-14-2007, 08:45 PM
HOLY SHATZI-OLLA!!! DOES THIS MEAN YOU COULD MOVE TO BOSTON??? THAT IS SO CLOSE TO YOUR BELOVED NEW JOISEE!!!=====AND VERY CLOSE TO KIWONK AND I====WABBY HAS INQUIRED ABOUT A COW CONFERENCE!!!! if you move to Beantown--kiwonkers and i could drive down----AND OF COURSE PEACHBAT COULD TAKE A CAB UP---HMMMMMMMMMMMMM THIS COULD WORK---I SAY--TAKE THE JOB!!!!

Schatzi
06-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Sigh,,,,No Bagzarilla, it'll mean that I will have to work in boston 4 days... and fly home for the weekend for maybe a month or so... and I think I may have to go out to Ireland for a bit... and out to see the client... so lots of traveling the first few months and then I can settle in to work at home. DH wants me to take this job... I on the other hand do not want to leave him for overnights... :( ... All the other jobs I'm interviewing for will result in the same thing... I wish that the I had some luck with a local job... but taint happenin..

Kiwonk
06-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Sounds like a real marathon of an interview, Schatzi. Glad to hear you are being courted like that, though! It sounds like an interesting job -- travel and working from home, ultimately a pretty good situation, as long as you're comfortable that DH will be okay. Do you have some sneaky friends there that might be willing to tag-team him to be sure he is okay?

That couch is GAWJIS!!! I love the colors, how vibrant How Haremish!!!! Yes yes Haggybaggyone is correct! Arabian nightish!!! DD can add master upholstering to her list of accomplishments...
I think she will have to be content with assistant to upholsterer, quite frankly. She told bf what she wanted and then they did it "together" i.e. he wielded the stapler and the sewing machine. Between the two of them, there may well be nothing they can't do.

We had a lovely trout dinner last night. DH has been fishing streams not too far from here, with his dad, with DD, by himself. He's brought home the limit 3 times so far. Yummy

Kiwi

Bagzz
06-15-2007, 04:15 PM
ohhhhhhhhh i remember when dad used to bring home a 'mess of trout'---he would clean them in the basement and then mom would coat them in flour and we would fry them up!!!ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i am jealous!!!!!every year dad and my brother would be so happy when it was time to get a fishing license!!!okay---kiwi===you are in charge of planning our trip to Boston this autumn---i will meet you in bangor or calais and we will drive down to meet wabby and peaches and shatzi and whoever else can make it----where shall we stay and what shall we eat?????

Schatzi
06-15-2007, 06:57 PM
its a Feast or Famine situation !! I went about 6 months without a real nibble for a job, and boy did I feel low and humble.... to an All out Bidding WAR for :hug: *me*.. I told these companies I would make a decision next Friday and the pressure is mounting! "What will it take""" "What will tip the scales in our favor" " When can we start processing you through the HR process?" " Whens the soonest we can .... "??? "oh meeting that dollar isnt a problem!" MY GAWD I aint never been courted like this :rolleyes: not even by my husband! Speaking of which he is prouder than a peacock about this..whilst I dither and fret!! So many pros and cons to go through... and while I try that Spockish rationale approach --I know me -its going to come down to what "project" is intellectually challenging and excite me ..instead of :yawn: "Been there -done that- safe and steady " Right now .. It looks like Boston instead of CA, TX or IL... (at this point :chin: ) and heck its closer to you NE cows... I know we are dreaming, but a visit to the MOOSE LODGE ...with Frozen MARGIES and SNOW SHOES!!! :snowfight: :snow4:... why that sounds awesome! ...Okay, Plus, a 2 hour flight to/from Boston vs 4 and 5 and 6 in the other areas is a plus too.

Kiwi...you SCHMACHT! but ...:rolleyes: no, except for our flaky Landlord, who got back together with the mother of his child (dont ask, its long and stoopid, and the whole thing just disgusts me... ) and has been away more than here... but when he is, I will definitely ask him to check on my "prize" ...good thinnin babalooie... My MIL is just FRANTIC about the whole thing... I told her I'm between a rock and a hard place... I cant take a no benefit, stressfree, 30,000 a year job.. I have to think in terms if DH cant work, and can I support us and more importantly have benefits for health care and disability... she gets it -- but she is of course concerned... but DH is adamant :tantrum: our future is here, and not in NJ (sigh..how sad) ok, I've babbled enough... :blah:

Kiwonk
06-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Wow, that's cool that they are pressing you to work for them-how flattering! I wonder what changed from the period of time you couldn't get a nibble? Market forces? Hanging around with us made you cuter? :lol3: Why is your DH so determined to live in NC? Not that I think it's a bad thing, just curious.

Speaking of NC, I'm trying to determine how to do my annual tripandfall to the beach. It's so derned expensive to drive, especially with my gas guzzler. I thought I had a line on flights that were going to be cheaper than driving even for 3 of us (always take M, dd's friend) (never take DH because he's a poophead), but it turned out no cheap flights on the days I needed. Now looking at trains and/or car rental. Actually I think the cheapest way to go will end up being driving without stopping, which will probably kill me, with my hip nasties and all. This would be a lot easier if DH would just go and get himself a nice paying job so I wouldn't worry about the $$ so much, don't you think? Trout fishing doesn't pay like it used to....

I went to the local dance studio recital last night; it was excellent as usual. DD had to work and won't get to see it. It's so strange (and a little teary) to go to these things and not to see DD and her friends in them. boo hoo.

Fall sounds lovely for a weekend in Boston. Or at the moose shack. I might be going to see Wicked there in the fall. And I might possibly be there to visit my datter :dunno: as well. The place I stay usually is not on the subway, but is cheap $80-90. Once when I went to Boston with 3 other women to see a show, we stayed on the waterfront for not too much (4 to a room- yippee - who wants to listen to me snore?). One time a whole crew of us went to an art opening and got an apartment in Brighton for the weekend that was interesting... Kind of a hostel.

I'm just ruminating. But I'm totally willing to do this if it's do-able!! Hey! I'm sure DD would let us sleep on the floor in her room. :lol:

Gotta to go mull trains. ta

Kiwi

Schatzi
06-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Today is Wabby's DD wedding isn't it? I hope that the weather is good for her... Cant wait to see pics!

I dont know what changed Kiwi.. I'm just glad it did! :yay:
That would be too awesome to meet in boston...who knows - if I get one of those little apartment types of hotel we could all sleep there and save $$$..

DH came down here alot before he worked for Cisco, to work with them on some installations.. and he loved it... and - he always wanted to work for Cisco... sooooo this is why we are here.... I would love to move to the Asheville area.. I absolutely love the Blue Ridge area... so perhaps when we retire.. :dunno:

Well my life has been in quite a state the past few months hasn't it... and now the latest... and I hope last:

My poor Darby (my furbaby) hasn't been feeling well for about a week.. I've been back and forth to the vet... Last night she threw up and was running about and let out Wails...not whimpering or welping... I never heard such a sound.. I was so scared... I called the emergency number... and no call back... that made me mad... so I brought her in first thing this morning... Dr wanted to do blood work,,, and I asked that they take x-rays...Lo and Behold... My Darbydoo has a fish hook caught in her stomach! As soon as she put the x-ray s up to the light it was So obvious..I went "OMG! It's a FISH HOOK!" :fr:I started walking the girls at Bass Lake, they have a walking trail around the lake, and of course much fishing... she must have gotten some bait or a fish and swallowed it whole in order for it to end up in her tummy.....my poor baby! I knew me and Ken weren't nuts... and now it makes sense that her skittishness and burping/nausea would wax and wan.. I guess when the hook would move it would cause her pain, then settle ,:shrug: ... so they did the surgery this afternoon, and we had to pick her up to bring her to a emergency hospital for post op watching... since my Vet closes at 12 on Saturdays there is no one to watch her there... Anyway, I don't know how Lucky I can get! It was a 3 pronged fish hook :yikes: .. The doctor said she held her breath when she opened her thinking that she would see alot of lacerations and it be imbedded in her stomach lining... She said when she opened her stomach--there it was just "bobbing about" -- Darby is cut from stern to stern, but the stomach itself has a tiny incision..She then gave us the hook, and we told her to keep it, cos we're sure that this will be one of those cases she uses when she teaches... She can show the xray and the hook to her students..
At any rate, she has 16 staples and has to wear one of those head cones til the staples are removed in about 10-14 days... When I called DH to tell him it would cost around 800..He was $800, $8000... Whatever it cost to fix our girl..
Sheesh! My "routine life" is usually quite a snore... :lol:The past few months between my ears, DH and now Darby... have been quite drama filled! It's embarrasing! I hope this is the LAST episode in this drama!!!

Kiwonk
06-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Oh poor baby!! You know, they now have soft e-collars that are so much more comfortable than the conehead things. One of my doggie friends, a little chinese crested had surgery on her front leg recently and is wearing one of them. It looks like a fabric frisbee.

So glad you found out what it was. DH came home from fishing this afternoon with a black lip -- he had gotten a hook caught in his lip! (He didn't swallow it... :dizzy: )

Kiwi

Schatzi
06-16-2007, 06:11 PM
:yikes: another fish hook horror! I'm glad DH is okay Kiwi... them things are dangerous! I'll have to ask the doc about the frisbee one... she got a clear plastic cone...

Cowpernia
06-17-2007, 08:50 AM
This is all very entertaining. Are fish hook accidents so prevalent? I've never personally known of one before. Anyway, Shots is having a bunch of good news which is so nice to hear.

I have a question. These days and times, does anyone know how the police handle it if a young woman walks into the station and tells them she was just raped? Talking big city cops here.

Schatzi
06-17-2007, 11:40 AM
:yikes: GADZOOKS! I hope this is hypothetical... all I know is what I see on TeeVee. I guess they would ask how it happened, can she identify the person, do a rape kit at the hospital, get some psychological counseling... Peach, I hope this was just some off the wall musings...

Schatzi
06-17-2007, 11:42 AM
so... we went to pick up Darby last night- and on the way over I regaled him with who's who in the herd...:blah: :blah: we get to the hospital, turn off the car... he looks at me and says

soooo.. do youse ever get around to talking about dieting?

:dz: .......... :lol3: ............ :rofl: ............... :dz:

Cowpernia
06-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Dieting? How boring.

This is the latest from lcp. I don't know what to think. I continually have doubts about her stories but none are proven untrue. It's just that she doesn't share ENOUGH to make them concrete. Took a different route to work. She can still see him coming. Won't go to work for a while. Will DS still like her? Went to police who said they'll look for him. Went to women's center to be checked for std. Didn't explain to them, I guess, that this had JUST happened. I'm thinking the police were supposed to send her to a hospital to be checked and to gather dna. Do they really do that?

Did you tell Darby that I'm the cute one?

Bagzz
06-17-2007, 12:20 PM
peach---i know TWO chronic 'storytellers'===she fits the profile so well---and 'violation' story is one i have heard before---talk about an attention getter---the police have problems with things like this as well { vague reports of such activities} hopefully she won't actually implicate some innocent person to keep the story going. I don't want to be so negative,but really, i would go out on a limb and say she is an authentic example of an attention seeking 'fibber' to put it as politely as possible.
The fish hook stories are awful!!! just the look of a fishhook is scary,let alone having it in you or through you!!! poor doggie,poor kiwidh!!!--------HEY KIWONKS--I WOULD LOVE TO SEE WICKED---CAN WE WORK THAT INTO OUR FIRST ANNUAL CONVENTION????---shatzi---my dh knows we don't talk about no dieting---he likes to hear all the stories.

Schatzi
06-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Gotta agree with Bagz.... hate to say it but I think LCP has alot in common with Pinnochio :nose: I really dont think that they would say ohhhh we'll look around...and leave her on her own to go to a "womens center" --

Schatzi
06-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Where has the herd gone???
I'm starting a new thread