Old 06-01-2007, 08:30 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Chat: TGIF!! 6/1/07

Mornin' All!!

Joan, soo funny you mention Christmas tree placement, DH and I were laughing that now we'll actually have room for our's!! He went and bought a 7' tree last year, and we only have a small little cape cod living room now...that's already wall to wall furniture. I was not happy with him, but now we'll be able to put it in front of the LR window and still have plenty of room! And we can put the other small tree in the basement for the kids to decorate. My mom did that for us growning up, we had the main tree in the LR and a small tree in the family for us.

Eating has been good...except for the bag of miniatures in my desk drawer. I get bored with nothing to do and find myself mindlessly eating in the afternoon.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #2  
Sherry

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon everyone,
Went to the vet this morning. She thinks it was the dog food. I was using Pedigree. The first ingredient is corn. Who knew? She suggested another dog food and the first ingredient is chicken. Keeping my fingers crossed this helps.

My daughter picked out her cake today. It's not really a cake. It looks like a cake but is made up of cupcakes. It has roses, a wand, and a princess crown on it. Very cute. I thought cupcakes would be better for camping.

Does anyone have any ideas for toys for a 4 y/o? Anything that your kids loved?

My eating has not been the best but I have been exercising. I am going to start eating better this week. Okay....after the cupcakes oh yeah and the smores

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sherry
J K L A s Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Sherry, whew...glad someone finally joined me today! I have a 4 y/o, but he's a boy, and it doesn't matter as long as it's a train or car! Not much help for a girly-girl! Actually, Peter's very interested in space...planets and stuff. Loves the Zula Patrol on PBS on the weekends. Does DD like stuff like that? He also loves puzzles...there's a 100 pc. puzzle at preschool that he's done a couple times!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #4  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

HI LADIES!!!! Sorry, only a quick second, I have been crazy busy all day! YEESH! Sherry, that cake sounds wonderful and very creative!!! I only have a hamster daughter, and for her....a fresh toilet paper roll is heaven. Ok muffins, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!! Love, Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

MJ, I dont think that a roll of toilet paper would work for a 4 yo child, maybe a 1 yo.

JKLA, that "cake" sounds creative. Have a good time camping. My idea of roughing it is a Holiday Inn Express.

Lauren, I agree that is alot of work. for the house.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Afternoon!

First, I have to say that Melinda, You Crack me up!! The fresh toilet paper roll thing was a knee slapper!! Thanks for your compliment on my family, I kind of think they are adorable, but then I might be just a little biased.

Lauren~It is so exciting thinking of all of the things to do to a new home!! I hope that it works out for you.
I have a Very old house that is an endless work in progress, but it is so nice to see the end result of any home improvement project. We know that it was standing here in 1850, not sure exactly when it was built and I do love our old farm house, even if every project reveals a little secret no one knew was coming! When we remodeled our boys original bedroom, we discovered that the "studs" were whole trees, some still had bark on them! DH and I had a good laugh when we realized that! I am just glad they were not still in the ground below!

Sherry~Hope the dog improves quickly. I feed my pooch pedigree, but so far she seems to do OK with it. I'll know what to try first if she has a problem though. the cupcake cake is a great idea! One of mygirlfriends has a 4 year old and her favorite things are usually drawing desk, washable markers and lots and lots of paper to draw on. I also got her some of the colorwonder paper and markers for in the car-they are the ones that only write on special paper. I Have fun on the camping trip!!

I did my workout this AM and now my back is killing me! I stretched a little longer than usual because the backs of my legs and my butt have been sore, so I think that I just over worked my back muscles today. Will have to take it a little easy on them tomorrow.
Well, guess I better run for now. Have a great day!!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #7  
Fat mom of 2 girlzz

S/C/G: 225/130

Height: 5'6"

Ok...so I have just realized something....CUCUMBERS ARE THE ENEMY!!! I love them, but my friends, family and co-workers don't like me after I have eaten them!!

Oh...and I just did my first workout in 4 years!!

C
2girlzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:18 AM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone!!

Hmm, I think my brain is going in my old age. I could have sworn I posted in here this week. I've been trying to get caught up on the house stuff since we got back from vacation. I had a pile of laundry that was as tall as me (seriously!) and my kids have decided that EVERY TOY they own must be pulled out and strowed across the house. I'm so tired of stepping on cars. Or trains. Or blocks. We also bought a new mini van on Tuesday and I have been running around taking care of stuff for it. I've been out to the dealer twice already picking stuff up or dropping stuff off. There's at least one more trip, they are getting us a cargo net. It's a Hyundai Entourage and I absolutely LOVE IT. I never thought I would be so psyched over a mini van, but I am! LOL.

Looks like everyone has been busy here.

Michelle: :hugs: to you momma. You are doing the right thing. She has to learn to take care of herself and her baby and she needs to respect you.

Lauren: LOVE the house! It looks really cute in the pics. I haven't gone to each one yet, but I'll be doing that next. Sorry it needs so much work tho. That's a real pain.

to everyone else! I hope you are all having an awesome Friday!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

HI everyone!
I was very busy today. didn't have time to to go the gym :Sad: I had a million errands to run, and we had friends over for dinner, I cooked a new recipe from the newest Bon Appetite magazine, chicken in a tomatillo sauce with dried apricots, cherries and pears, it was to die for!
I got a call from the new school DS is going to go to, he starts on the 11th of June, we are going to go meet the staff on Tuesday.

Lauren BEST OF LUCK WITH THE HOUSE, I LOVE IT! all the work the house needs it's "a good thing" once you do the major changes it will be just the way you want it and it will be YOUR HOME

Karen congratulations on your mini van, I love the smell of new cars! enjoy it and use it in good health!

Melinda you are soooo funny! you make me smile every time I read your posts.

GG good luck house hunting!

RX it is great you are getting some exercises! good for you!

Sheila how are you guys? how is DH?

Joan congratulations on the house closing! how exciting!!! enjoy it, I wish you lots of great times in your new place!

HI Darcy!

Sherry sorry to hear about the dog, I feed my little guy Royal Canine, I am very happy with the product, they make different food formulas for different breeds, I think is excellent food! and the little guys seem to like it, even when we first switched from what they were on before they really like it! and it was not a brand that was part of the major recall a couple months back.
For the gift for a 4 yrs. old girl I would get her one of those tutu skirts that has petals in between the tutu, my friends daughter has one and she loves it, she won't take it off some days! the feel like Little ballerinas, just a though :smile:

Kerri have not seen you, are you OK, how is your DH doing? did he get any help for his depression?

We are leaving tomorrow morning very early, around 7:00 AM we are going to Magic Mountain with our neighbor, it is about 2 1/2 hours from our house, we want to get there by 10 AM when the park opens! I will be back on Sunday!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Smiles,
Hanna

Michelle I hope you get to see the baby this weekend, hang in there
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote