Support Groups - Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - June '07

meowee
06-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Okay Gang . . . here we are at our new chat thread for the current month.

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about. ;)

If you are a continuing member . . . :welcome2: . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . :wel3fc: . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can,as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . . :carrot:

hefty1
06-01-2007, 08:35 AM
i doing cleaning today. it's going to be hot today. glen

HeatherAngel
06-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Morning Meowee - how are those kittens?? How's the sofa? ;)

Morning Glen - great to see you! It's hot here too, but the rain has just started, so I'm hoping that will water the garden for me - LOL!!

How's everyone else? It always feels like summer to me as soon as it's June - so... off we go on a moving, shaking, changing, wise-choosing, smart-eating fantastic new month!!

Who's got plans for the weekend?

Heather :D

canadian mom
06-01-2007, 11:00 AM
I went and got groceries today. I got my lifting in (weights) and now I just have to do the floors ....we will see if I get to that..lol. I did my body fat % today and I fall somewhere between 20.2 and 27....That is a big difference I wish these things would be more accurate oh well at least I am within healthy range.

chocco
06-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Hello everyone!! I need someone to remind me how to subscribe to this thread . i cannot find it anywhere .

annette

canadian mom
06-01-2007, 02:04 PM

Ilene
06-01-2007, 02:15 PM
:wave:

chocco
06-01-2007, 03:23 PM
:thanks: Jen !! I am now subscribed .

Well girls i am off to my night out with my work friends . I will report back later .

:thanks: Ilene for the Eastside link , i looked it over and wrote down a few choices. Now if i can just keep my thoughts straight when i am faced with the menu and waitress. I think i will be ok , but i am known for being undecisive.

ok well here i go

Good evening to all !!

Annette

Ilene
06-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Good Luck Annette :wave: Have fun!!

chocco
06-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi everyone !

Well i am back from my night out . Supper was good . I think i did not do too bad at Eastside . I ordered Goat cheese chicken , only ate one of the chicken breast some of the veggies and i did end up with some potatoes but only ate little less than half . I did eat some ceasar salad and at the end i could not help myself they have a mini chocolate mousse so i ordered it but i am still pretty happy with myself because it was still a small enough portion . As for the movie the one we wanted to see was sold out so most girls went home. Myself and a friend went to the mall and we walked around for about
2hrs and then sat in the car for another 1 1/2 hrs just talking away .

I guess I should go to bed it is late and i am exhausted .

goodnight everyone

annette

HeatherAngel
06-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Glad you had a great night out, Annette, and that you made good choices and feel super about it!

meowee
06-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Hi gang . . . :wave:

Wow ANNETTE . . . :hug: . . . Sounds like that was a definite NSV, chickie. Be proud. :D

Nothing too new around here . . . up way to early and now I'll want a nap later. :( But . . . I do get to go pick up the new glasses this morning and hopefully they will go a great way to getting rid of the eye-strain and headaches of the past few weeks . . . I hope, I hope . . . :^:

Have a good moving and shaking morning, gang . . . back later . . . :hug:

meowee
06-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi there, gang . . . :wave: . . . Hope everybody is having a great Sunday. :hug: The "sun" is actually shining here in Atlantic Canada this morning and that always makes my mood a little more :sunny: too.

My best news for the day is that I picked up my new glasses yesterday and I can actually "SEE" . . . Yippee . . . I can read and watch TV at the same time, again (as silly as that sounds, it's something I do all the time). Actually bought myself a new book to celebrate . . . The Eat Clean Diet, by Tosca Reno, a Canadian who writes a regular column for Oxygen Magazine. Some interesting stuff. Not really a "diet" just information about 'clean/healthy' eating habits.

On another topic . . . some of you may have noticed a thread about the cost of gas in the US that's been on the go in General Chatter. A bit difficult for us to relate to since we work in litres and since the Canadian and US gallons are very different anyway. So . . . I thought we should do our own comparison . . . just so we could feel equally as 'wonderful' :mad: about our gas prices as they do. :(

So . . . what is the current price for a litre of gas in your community? We have so-called 'controls' here in Nova Scotia and the current (this week) price is running at $1.15 a litre. That should make some of you living farther West feel a little better. ;)

Anyway, buddies . . . have a great moving and shaking kind of day. See you soon . . . :carrot:

HeatherAngel
06-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Hi all -

Meowee, the gas here in K-W has been hovering over $1.10 a litre for weeks, so it was very exciting to see it at $1.04 today. Unfortunately, my car takes premium... so I filled up at $1.17. And by my car, you could infer 'my husband'... bah. I have filled it a couple of times with regular, and *I* never noticed it running any differently! Men - pah! ;)

How's everybody?

Ilene
06-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Hey Gang :wave:

Gas here is $1,04... Not too bad :shrugh: I guess...

I didn't know Tosca Reno was Canadian!! How cool.... The last books I bought was Volumetrics and YOU on a Diet...

I ate way too much this weekend, I won't go into details but I'm not going to weigh-in tomorrow morning, I'm waiting till wednesday...

Ilene
06-03-2007, 11:36 PM
:woohoo: Annette you did very well :high:

oldtimehockey
06-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Good Evening, All!

Rain, rain, GO AWAY!

It's been raining forever here in MA (although yesterday was incredibly hot and humid). It's supposed to rain for another 2 days, although I hope it stops in time for my nephew's graduation ceremony on Tuesday (say a prayer, please!).

I've decided to cut out meat for at least the month of June. I think I've been falling into the "Oh-but-it's-LEAN-so-I-can-eat-more!" trap.

I took my daughter to see "Shrek III" today. YAWN. If I can stay true to the veggie thing for this week, I'm going to treat myself to the new "Pirates of the Carribean" movie. I wonder how many calories ol' Captain Jack is....????

And on THAT note -

Night-night, my neighbors to the North!

Em

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Fellow Canadian checking in from Toronto :)

Hi all

srmb60
06-04-2007, 07:41 AM
We needed that rain sooo badly. My flower bed was dust! I'll forgive a couple of cooler days on behalf of some grass seed I planted.

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Yes, it's a nice cool/grey morning here. My flowers were thirsty!

HeatherAngel
06-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Morning all!

Aside from a very wet dog, I'm happy to have some rain, too :)

I'm notching my calories up a little today - working on the 'Eat breakfast like a king' plan today :D... my weight is still up a pound, and I DO have Auntie Flo visiting, so I'm going to kick it into high gear. I've been absolutely on plan and not really making any dramatic drops for the past two weeks (well, a couple of pounds, and that's great, you know, but I liked 2 pounds a week a lot better ;) and I'm still big enough that I know my body can do this!) so time to try something new.

Hope everyone is shiny happy today!

meowee
06-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave:

I slept in again . . . didn't get up until 9:00 am . . . good grief. Fed the menagerie, fed myself. Now just have time for a quick HI around some 3FC places before I get in the shower to get ready for my opthamologist appointment.

Have a great day doing all sorts of moving and shaking things, gang . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

canadian mom
06-04-2007, 11:00 AM
This week I lost 2 pounds.I saw 130 yesterday but I was back up to 131 this morning (I don't "claim a loss until I see the same number 2 days in a row).It is ranning here today, i just got my flowers planted yesterday. I also went to my cousin's yesterday to go throught some clothes for my DD3 and came home with a garbage bag full so she is done for fall now. My uncle wopudn't let Mom or I pay for them ,he did. DH got the prch fixed and I got paint yesterday to paint the house . That will be next weekends chore plus I have my family reunion on Sunday.

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi Canadian Mom, I got rid of my scale because I stood on it too much and was frustrated. Now I'll be weighing in every 2 or 3 weeks at the dietitian's office.

If I wasn't seeing the dietitian I would use a friend's scale but I won't have one in the house, too much torment!

meowee
06-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Good Morning, :grouphug:

Just had to share this little gem. Most of the items they list are from US chains that we don't have (at least not here in the boonies of Atlantic Canada). But the part I liked best about the article was the alternative recipes they've provided for some healthier alternatives.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/photogallery/Snack-food-hall-of-shame.aspx?p=1

Enjoy . . . ;) . . . and definitely keep things moving and shaking until we meet again . . . :carrot:

Ilene
06-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the link Meowee!!

SOSO here, just back from a 6k run... Now it's get ready for work time...

TTFN :wave:

canadian mom
06-05-2007, 10:40 AM
If I go without a scale my weight will go up I tried it and it didn't work for me.

meowee
06-05-2007, 01:16 PM
My scale was driving me crazy too.

I went from weighing once a week to weighing every day and the fluctuations were driving me nuts. I always seemed to be at the highest point on the day I had deemed to be the "official" day. This was compounded by the water gain from the IV they pumped into me for each of my surgeries.

So I stuck it away in the cupboard and now promise myself it only comes out once a month. . . it's been there since the 25th of April and it only came out on the 23rd of May when it did manage to show a loss and then it went away again.

I wonder about it all the time . . . but I don't worry about it. I think we are both doing better without our daily meetings. :carrot: So far so good. :D

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-05-2007, 05:26 PM
OMG it is so cold in Toronto! Frost warnings tonight, I just brought all my hanging plants inside from the backyard.

chocco
06-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Allo everyone ! :wave:

Today 's weather has been depressing. It rained/fog/gross all day . I have had headache all day plus while i was getting the kids ready to get in the car ; on my way to get weighed , i somehow hurt my back. It has been getting progressively worst all day . I feel like throwing up from the pain. I don't know how my husband deals with his back pain on a daily bases .

Anyway , I have lost another 1 1/4lbs this week wich is good considering everything . extra cheat , time of month . I am feeling pretty good about myself . Maybe i shouldn't call it a cheat . afterall it is just food . and i need to learn that it is just food . cheathas such a negative sound to it. well i think i will be on my way now . Maybe find the heating pad or something , since the acetamedophene is not doing that great and i do not have any ibuprophene. Hopefully the movie Norbit will cheer me up , my husband just got it for me .

Good night all

annette

hefty1
06-05-2007, 09:32 PM
i hate this weather too.yesterday hot today frezzing. god must be a woman beause she can't make up her mind. :lol: glen

oldtimehockey
06-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Hi, All -

Annette - I hope your back feels better; back pain, even temporary back pain, can be so debilitating!

Beautiful day (and night) here in MA. My nephew was supposed to graduate from high school this evening, but the school postponed the ceremony because of the THREAT of a thunderstorm. Of course, it turned out to be absolutely gorgeous! I spent most of today at school (Univ. of Mass.) trying to get myself registered for classes this fall. I'm doing two crazy things - getting my Masters degree in Education, AND finishing a Bach. of Science in Biology. Now, to scare up some money for this harebrained scheme....

I'm sleepy. Bon soir!

Em

srmb60
06-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Looks lovely but breezy here. Supposed to be a sun/cloud mix with a high of 18. That's nice enough for me to go to work.
I should check to see what the squirrels have done to my garden.
I think I'll walk to run my errands this morning and maybe go further for exercise. Working evenings and just short cutting sleep a bit each night is wearing on me.

HeatherAngel
06-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Good morning!

It has stopped raining, and although cooler, it is sunny, so I am quite looking forward to getting in day 2 of my 'running'. :D NO EXCUSES!! :)

Nothing else of news, so i hope everyone is having a great day so far!

canadian mom
06-06-2007, 09:26 AM
annette~ I don't like calling it cheating eaither I just say I over indulged or went off plan or went overboard (i use this the most).

The sun came otu yesterday and I went out and fixed my plants then had to shower the kids cause of al the mud lol...at least they had fun. It is overcast here right now but it is supposed to clear off........I hope.

Tomorrow DD1 has a field trip just down the road (about 30-40 mins walk) they will be walking the trails for 3 hours looking at rocks so I may join them.

meowee
06-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Just zipping through to say a quick HELLO right now. Woke up way too early and then had a nap after breakfast and woke up way too late. Now in a rush with many things to do and places to go. Our weather is definitely sunny and warmer today with a high predicted of 25. No doubt Ontario will be sending us the cooler stuff again soon enough.

Have a good moving and shaking day, gang . . . see you later. :carrot:

greeneggsandtam
06-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi again Canucks!
How is everybody. I love coming here and getting the forecast for the country. LOL The prairies are windy and grey today!
I have been on and off my plan for a few months now. All random and willy nilly with my diet and exercise.
Back into the soccer days of summer though. And had salmon last night and a couple of litres of water yesterday so we're not completely at square one again. LOL. Square two.

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Hi everyone, good morning from Toronto

It's grey and cool here too, hope everyone has a great Thursday. :)

meowee
06-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Hi everybody . . . :hug:

Thanks a bunch, gang, your weather has reached us . . . it's cold and raining . . . guess yesterday was Summer and it's over again now. :(

Hey everything isn't bad . . . my friend LouLou just dropped over for :coffee2: and told me she won a dozen lobster and is giving me a couple. Dinner tonight will be lobster and asparagus . . . doesn't get much better than that. :carrot:

Later . . . :wave:

HeatherAngel
06-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Hi everybody! :wave:

MMMMMMMMM - Meowee, I'm coming to your house for dinner - I LOVE lobster! And just so you know? The weather's a lot better here again, so It is on its way!!

Did my second day of the Couch to 5K programme yesterday, and feeling good - second day felt a little harder than the first, and I really had to stretch afterwards, but it seems to have worked - the scale is smiling and no shin-splints!

Have a super day everyone!

meowee
06-08-2007, 09:54 AM

Yep . . . looks like we've got a nice day of sunshine and a little warmer temps shaping up here in Atlantic Canada today. :cool: Good thing, because I've got stuff to do and places to go. . . first up . . . finally going to get my cracked windshield replaced so my car will be able to pass it's annual safety inspection that has to be done by the end of June.

The lobster dinner was marvellous -- of course, I did have to keep beating the cats away from my plate, and, I did manage to prove, one more time, that too much of a good thing is still top much. Once you get to the "OMG, if I have one more bite, I'll probably explode" stage; it doesn't really matter that everything you ate was low-cal and extremely healthy. :o

Have a great moving and shaking kind of day, buddies . . . see you again really soon . . . :carrot:

srmb60
06-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Hello Canadians! Has anyone in Ontario had laser eye surgery? I think I'm getting tired of glasses.

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi Susan, no laser surgery here - my eyes are about the only thing I have that work!

We had some wild weather this afternoon, woooo, glad the storm has passed/

srmb60
06-09-2007, 05:32 AM
Morning.
We had a blow through. No rain, just windy for an hour or so ... and it's much cooler now.

My DH thinks I should try contacts. I have an appointment next week.

meowee
06-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Hi gang . . . :hug:

Although I'm not in Ontario, Susan, just thought I'd throw in a comment or two regarding laser surgery . . .

I've never had it but I do know a couple of girls who did . . . and loved the results. Both of them were definitely "middle-aged" (such a horrible title) and the only down side either one of them mentioned was the fact that they still needed reading glasses afterwards since the laser surgery only fixed their distance vision. Don't know if you are into bifocals yet, but almost everybody eventually needs them. In most cases, you would encounter the same problem with contacts, I think. Although I also know people who have one contact (one eye) for distance and the other for reading.

Another interesting little thought . . . some corporate insurance policies will not cover laser surgery. So make sure you check that out before you decide.

Let us know how the consultation appointment goes.

Good morning to everybody else :wave: Hope you all have great moving and shaking things planned for the weekend . . . see you later, gang . . . :carrot:

HeatherAngel
06-09-2007, 10:26 AM
:wave: everybody -just a quick dash through this morning!
Chat later :D

srmb60
06-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Yup, these are bifocals <<<< see over there<<<<
I wouldn't mind readers. In fact I can still read and thread a needle without (for a short time) . One of the things I'd love is cute sunglasses.

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Happy Saturday to you all. I cleaned out my garage today - it was disgusting, I guess some mice moved in over the winter and there were millions of little mousey poops all over... blech!!

Anyway, all done now - and I'm beat, I'm considering skipping my cardio because my feet hurt (I've been on them all day) I should really do it though. Blah.

chocco
06-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone !

i am just here to say hello as i have to bathe the girls and get them ready for bed . they stink of smoke ; we roasted a few marshmellows and now it is time to get them ready for bed . I did have a taste of the marshmellows but did not go overboard . ta ta for now !

have a good nite all

oldtimehockey
06-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Hi, All!

Wow! It's hard to catch up after being "away" for even just a couple of days!

My nephew graduated from HS, and we had dinner afterward. I didn't go too overboard, but did indulge in steak tips (with steamed veggies, of course!) and a glass of red wine (it's been a while for that!).

Heather - what is this "couch to 5K" of which you speak?? sounds intriguing!

I've just been invited to join a Board of Advisors for my favorite radio station in Boston! It doesn't pay anything, but it's nice to know that they want my "2 cents"! It's kind of an "adult contemporary" station -- Dave Matthews, Rolling Stones, Mark Knopfler, that kind of music. I love radio; back in the day, I used to be the producer of a radio show called "Heavy Metal from ****"! :devil:

Yucky day here today in MA; cool, grey, overcast.

I'm off to eat a lovely dinner of roasted veggies and brown rice, whilst DD has a hot dog and corn!

Have a great night, All!

Em

HeatherAngel
06-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Morning! Happy Sunday! :D

Em, the Couch to 5K programme is aimed at getting people running, from total non-activity to 5K in about 9 weeks (but obviously you can take it slower - I suspect *I* will be!!) :lol3:

You can find info on http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Hope that link is okay - if not, just Google for Couch to 5K Coolrunning :)

It's made me feel AWESOME (but I've only done week one!!) and has really kicked up the weight loss, for me. And believe me - I NEVER thought I'd be a 'runner' ;)

Have a super day everybody!

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi everyone, next week I have togo to a dinner at Ruth's Chris steakhouse... can you guys help me pick a dinner>

Here is the menu

http://www.ruthschris.ca/html/menu/menu_carte.shtml

I like steak, I like crab, shrimp, veggies - but I don't want to totally ruin my day./week and/or leave the restaurant feeling like crap. I am not good at calculating fat/carbs/sugar etc... I just want a nice normal dinner that won't kill me.

(I am diabetic so I won't be having dessert)

meowee
06-10-2007, 12:46 PM

SSDD in my neck of the woods. Nothing exciting happening around here, for sure.

HEATHER . . . Great going, girl . . . However, I'm afraid my arthritic knees are screaming to stay more or less on the couch . . . :lol:

THIN . . . Wow . . . everything on the menu sounds good. If it were me, I'd pick the smallest steak I think I could manage to get full with (the petit filet, perhaps) and combine it with a large spinach salad (dressing on the side). Stay away from the potatoes and the bread bowl as much as possible. Good luck.

Have a great moving and shaking day, Chickies . . . see you later. :carrot:

oldtimehockey
06-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Hi, All!

Heather - Thanks for the link! Wooo! Talk about something to shoot for! Although, it's always been my dream to run the Boston Marathon before I'm 50 (coming up soon!).

ThinGirl - I agree with Meowee; go with the smallest cut of steak, non-marinated, if possible. And stick with a veggie like the asparagus, sans the hollandaise! I can also suggest (having grown up in the restaurant biz) that you let your waiter know what you're looking for. At a place like Ruth's, the wait staff should be more than able to point you in the right direction!

I need a cup of tea and a chance to unwind before I go to bed. Good night, All!

Em

meowee
06-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi EM . . . :hug:

Goodness gracious where is everybody else hiding?

Hope you are all having a great fun day . . . hope to see you soon, gang . . . :carrot:

oldtimehockey
06-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Sssshhhhh -- I think everyone's sleeping!

Night-night, Chickees!

Em

HeatherAngel
06-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Morning!

I'm tired today - lots going on here, and I feel like I hardly have a moment to myself. :(

I'll stop in proper soon! Hope everyone is well and moving and shaking and being happy!

canadian mom
06-12-2007, 09:57 AM
I did a bad bad bad thing last night ....I ate a half bag of chips and I mean the big bag can we say water retention......oh well toady is a new day I need to get plenty of water to fluch this sodium out and stay OP.

meowee
06-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Hi there all you wonderful Crazies . . . :grouphug:

Busy, busy day for me . . . little time to chat . . . but definitely wanted to stop in and say HI . . . :wave:

Hope everybody has been having a really great day . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

oldtimehockey
06-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Hi, All -

Hey, Heather - I hope you get a few minutes to take a breath and relax!

Jen - You know what they say, "When you fall off the horse, get right back on" (my personal saddle must be coated with bacon grease, for all the times I've fallen off!). You're better than half a bag o' chips, Girl! Don't let the chips win!!

I just finished watching one of my all-time favorite movies (and definitely The Greatest Sports Movie Ever Made) -- Slapshot. More than 30 years old, and it still makes me laugh until my sides hurt! Of course, then I changed the channel and saw someone cooking ribs.... <sigh>

Good night!

Em

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-13-2007, 06:58 AM
I did a bad bad bad thing last night ....I ate a half bag of chips and I mean the big bag

Oh no, !

How did you feel afterwards? like man that was delicious, or man I feel like crap? :dizzy:

Sylvia from NS
06-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Hello Everyone! Just read this today and glad there was instructions on how to "subscribe" to this thread. I had no idea such a thing existed! As you can tell by my page, I am not computer friendly, because I cannot make the "ticker" at the bottom of my page work; don't know how to make all the "smiley faces" and "dancing carrots" work, so maybe I should change my "name" to PLAIN JANE!! Anyway, I am a WW and am 1.8lbs from GOAL and then I am going to train to become a WW leader. I will not continue this roller-coaster ride I have been on for most of my life. Up 10, down 15, up 30, down 5, up 10, down 25, etc. DONE!! I am making a lifestyle change and looking forward to the support from you fellow Canadians. Take care, and if the "subscribe" thingy works, I'll be back. Take care and love to all, Sylvia from NS

meowee
06-13-2007, 08:52 AM
Hi Everybody . . . :wave:

Just a quick little fly through at the moment . . . back later . . .

Sylvia . . . glad to see you found us and hope the "subscribe" routine works for you. I'll try to get some help to figure out what went wrong with your ticker and get back to you asap . . .:hug:

Have a great moving and shaking day . . . :carrot:

canadian mom
06-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Oh no, !

How did you feel afterwards? like man that was delicious, or man I feel like crap? :dizzy:

alittle of both I haven't had chips in a while but the next day I felt like crap. Oh well I just pick myself up and keep going. I had to "confess" to it thought so I wouldn't do it again......at least not for a while. lol

canadian mom
06-13-2007, 09:10 AM
sylvia- you need at the first and at the end. I know some of this suff can get confussion I just learnt a little while ago how to attach things to my post...lol

meowee
06-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Okay Sylvia . . . you copied the wrong code . . .

I suggest you start over again by clicking on the "Quick Links" button and then on "Sig Weight Tracker". When you've finished, be sure to copy the code in the first box (the one with the red text above it that says . . . Use THIS code for the 3 Fat Chicks Forum)

Have fun . . . :hug:

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-13-2007, 05:37 PM
alittle of both I haven't had chips in a while but the next day I felt like crap. Oh well I just pick myself up and keep going. I had to "confess" to it thought so I wouldn't do it again......at least not for a while. lol

Yep, it's important to get right back on track and put it behind you. For everytime I cheated - there are hundreds of times I didn't. (ie) today I went to the mall to pick up a few things and my daughter asked me to bring her Burger King :dizzy: I stood there in line looking at all the photos of burgers and fries and was able to order hers, take it home, give it to her and go make my healthy diet dinner. It was tough, I wanted that burger :D

Clover2007
06-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Hi all

Haven't been around for awhile. I've been eating too much and not exercising at all. Time to get motivated again :) I keep telling myself to get started but I reach for the chips or chocolate instead. I'm looking for inspiration here and I found it. I won't be too hard on myself but I will get started again.

Have a great evening.

chocco
06-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone ,

I was weighed yesterday and have lost 1 3/4 lbs this last week . i feel ok about it . I don't feel great since i know i could have been a little more strict with my choices. I have been struggling the last few weeks and i have to admit i am a little scared of what is coming. for better or for worst . worst (i gain the weight)/ for better ( i loose more weigth)

it sounds funny but i am scared of getting to goal weight even if it is not for a while yet. So far 48lbs gone. I do not understand what i am scared of . I guess i have a little bit of soul searching to do . Does anyone ever feel that way?

Ok well i need to get to bed , i have work tomorrow and my 1yr old seems to be ending up in my bed these last few nights

Good night all !!!

meowee
06-14-2007, 07:12 AM
Good Morning gang :grouphug:

Wakey, wakey . . . we are burning daylight . . . well, here in Atlantic Canada, anyway. :lol: Too bad we are not also basking in heat and sunshine.

Wow, CHOCCO . . . I think most of us feel that way from time to time. Reasons can be as different as the sun and moon. One that pops to mind is that hope that "everything" will be perfect once we lose the weight; balanced against the certain knowledge that losing the weight can't possibly fix "everything" that may not be weight related. But, gee, girl . . . be happy that you are definitely fixing your weight problem . . . :hug:

Have a great moving and shaking day, everybody . . . see you later :carrot:

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-14-2007, 07:49 AM
So far 48lbs gone. I do not understand what i am scared of .

That is so awesome, be proud of yourself, you are doing great. :carrot:

HeatherAngel
06-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Good morning, all! :wave:

Glad to see everyone around :) I'm suffering from scale obsession this week - not good! I dropped three pounds over the weekend (which was LOVELY!) then promptly went up half a pound on Monday and have stayed there all week, despite eating well and doing my running three times a week.

I'm just telling myself if I keep on doing it right, that scale will give up before I do! :lol3:

Hope everyone is doing well - welcome Sylvia and Clover! Hi Jen, chocco, meowee! :D

Heather

srmb60
06-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Heather ... honey ... is that still 2 1/2 pounds?!? That's great!

canadian mom
06-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Yes 2 1/2 pounds is great it is definatly better than going up 2 like me (water retention from my bad food choices) also TOM is due to arrive friday. Walked to the grocerie store taday again. 1 pound of strawberries already gone.lol My DS and Dd 3 had some after lunch and for snack with vanilla yogurt then I had some after supper and I packed some with DD1&2 for tomorrow at school. Local berries should be out sometime in July I cannot wait. I hope the prices are good as they are now.

srmb60
06-15-2007, 06:00 AM
it sounds funny but i am scared of getting to goal weight even if it is not for a while yet. So far 48lbs gone. I do not understand what i am scared of . I guess i have a little bit of soul searching to do . Does anyone ever feel that way?

Yes indeedy! Go do some reading in the Maintainers Forums. Those ladies are wonderful. There's also a good book I've read a couple of times called Thin for Life by Anne M Fletcher.

BerniceOntario
06-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Hi Fellow Canuks,

I have been hiding under a rock for a bit, but like always came out to greet the light of day and ready to fight the good fight.

I had some medical problems that had to be resolved, a reaction to statin meds for high cholostrol. It took the better part of two weeks to feel better but the problem was getting worse for six weeks till i finally had enough and cued in on what was wrong.

I am usually a very up and even person.

I rejoined the WW meetings in Cornwall and have been doing very well and i am pleased with my progress. The leader is so uplifting. The first week i was down 4 and last week 1.5. A good start.

What a beautiful day today. We are going to take full advantage and enjoy the outdoors.

Regards,

Bernice

HeatherAngel
06-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Morning!

NSV for me this morning - I got my 'running' in BEFORE breakfast! I've NEVER done that before - I always slowly drag my sad carcass out the door later int he morning... I thought it might kill me, and I was in a FOUL mood going out the door, but I felt SO much better when I got back that it was totally worth it! :D

Susan - yes, I know I'm being very silly - 2.5lbs IS terrific. I am just being horribly obsessive this week. Must nip that in the bud RIGHT NOW! :O

Hey Bernice - I was wondering where you'd been! :hug: AWESOME progress with WW!

:wave:

Later, chickies - have a great day!!

canadian mom
06-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Well not having any more problems with chips now I am overeating strawberries and vanilla yogurt....at least it is healthy just need to take it easy on them, I ate about 1 1/2 ponds of strawberries yeasterday.

meowee
06-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi . . . I'm very late to the party today . . . woke up feeling really rotten . . . went back to bed; slept for another 4 hours and woke up like it's a different day and a different me.

Trouble is . . . it's now mid afternoon and I've accomplished nothing. See you later, gang . . . :carrot:

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Okay, so tomorrow I'm going to see the Moscow Cats Theatre, in Toronto. It's 35 cats, 1 dog, 5 clowns and it's basically a show of cool and clever cats performing feats of amazement :) lol

Hope it's a good show, we love kitties at our house.

srmb60
06-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Heather ... I hear ya about the weird picky times. I've got a bit of menstrual bloat happening and I'm worried I'll go back over 130 and have to change my profile. We're an odd lot :D

Performing cats? Ones that do what they're told? Hmmm ...

meowee
06-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Morning . . . :wave: Another foggy start to the day . . . hopefully the sun will be along to burn it off soon.

Speaking of performing cats . . . the trick of the day around here . . . 2 out of 3 kittens have figured out how to get on the kitchen counter . . . will probably be all 3 by the end of the day. :shrug:

Have a good one, everybody . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Good morning everyone :)

Meowee, we have 3 cats and I kept their food on the kitchen counter (out of reach of our English Setter) but she died a few weeks ago so now I have their dishes on the floor - but they keep going up on the counter and just sitting staring at me LOL

They don't 'get it'

chocco
06-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Hello everyone!!

it's been a couple of days i guess. things are going good , i have not figured out what i am scared of yet but eventually i will come to terms with whatever plagues me about loosing the rest of my weight .

today was a good day . My 4yr old had her first big dance recital and it was pretty awesome . they were so funny . It started at 7pm and finished at 10pm.

this week has not been great food choice wise however , i feel like i am getting a grip on things now .

Jen strawberries are definitetly better than chips . glad to hear you are making better choices .

Way to go on the running Heather !!!

No cat tricks here . but he does not seem to be feeling well . i had to clean up after diareah . What the heck is up with a cat having diareah ??

Well good night all . I will try to say hi again soon .

Keep up the good work girls . Sending positive thoughts to everyone !!:goodvibes

srmb60
06-17-2007, 06:55 AM
I ate a few strawberries yesterday too. The local ones are not ready so I bought a box of great big ones at the grocery. They were great!

The weather was sooo beautiful yesterday. Is everyone getting outside?

meowee
06-17-2007, 09:37 AM

I've been eating strawberries everyday this past week . . . the California ones have been on special. Local berries are very late this year.

Have a great moving and shaking day . . . see you later. :carrot:

oldtimehockey
06-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Good Morning, All -

We've been cat-sitting these past few days, AND have been at my 4 year-old's dress rehearsal for her first dance recital, AND taking baby-sitting jobs whenever we can.... glad to see everyone's doing well.

My DD and I are off to a Strawberry Festival this afternoon! :wave: I hope this can set me back on the right eating path again. I've been doing little "cheats" here and there, :nono: and, even though I don't own a scale, I can just tell that those "cheats" have been hurting me (I've been doing Fat Smash, and have been having a bit of success with it!).

We're heading to Sydney, NS this Fall :dance: ; I haven't been back for a while, and, hopefully, the money will be there for the trip (I guess I just have to trust that it will!).

Ok, off to the Fair!

Have a wonderful day, Everyone!

Em

BerniceOntario
06-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi all,

It has been a great few days. I helped my SIL with BIL's 60th birthday this weekend. She did a wonderful job. Last nite the food was so well done. Her son in law is a chef and he prepared all kinds of goodies.

It was done buffet style and i made one trip, and i repeat one trip to the candy store LOL, and I had one piece of birthday cake, which was handed to me by the young man she had helping her. The rest of the cake was there for the taking and no one would have been the wiser or cared I am sure, but i resisted. These are the things that empower me.

Tuesday AM will be my third weigh-in at my WW meeting. I have already started to work on my feeble mind, telling it that i may not lose but that i won several battles in the last week, where food played a major roll in what was happening at the time.

One of the things i have to resist is not to be afraid to eat. Thinking that every morsel is an enemy which will make me gain wait, that there is a happy medium out there.

I have an idea on why we are afraid to lose the rest of our weight when we have reached a personal goal, because i have been there. I think, for me, at least it means the responsibility of maintaining the weight loss. It is a long hard journey and i wish us all luck and strength.

Bernice

chocco
06-18-2007, 06:03 AM
Wow Bernice ,

cograts on the one trip to the food table . It is so hard sometimes to resist that gosh aweful temptation to go for seconds. Good going !!!

Hello to everyone , i have to get going to work . I might pop in later today , after i get my carcas on the treadmill. (i have not been on it for about 2 months now)

annette

srmb60
06-18-2007, 06:11 AM
Morning! I did two flats of strawberries yesterday. One and a half in the freezer and about a half into us ;)

canadian mom
06-18-2007, 09:33 AM
saturday we walked to the used bookstore aloooong walk once the day was over we walked about 16 miles (but I got to sit at the park for about an hour if I would of kept moving it would of been more). yesterday we set up the pool and sprinkler and just had fun.

meowee
06-18-2007, 09:55 AM

Cold (16) and pouring rain here in Northern Nova Scotia. :( Spring is almost over and I think I can only remember half a dozen nice days.

Think I'm going to hibernate today (since I forgot to get the 'ark' ready last night).

Have a great day. Hope you are having better weather in your hunk of the country . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

Ruthxxx
06-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Can't believe I've not posted in here this month! :nono: Bad Ruthie Canuk!

Summer is definitely here in Eastern Ontario. We have fireflies, the last picking of asparagus and the first of the local strawberries. I got a 4 L. basket of the latter just now and am going to put some away for winter.

Meowee, I wish I could send you a bit of our heat!

This afternoon I am going to get out the wading pool and fill it for my darling dogs. Hershey will wallow in in, Lucy will consider it a big water dish and I may just sit beside it with my feet in it and sip Crystal Lite and read my book!

It's summer in Canada and it goes fast so enjoy!

Ilene
06-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Yes, it's nice here too, I love it...

Ruth, your afternoon sounds wonderful...

I'm working today and for the next 2 weeksk :tantrum: ... It's always the way in the school system, just when I think I can relax, I need to work harder and more often... DANG!! But the upside is that after these 2 weeks, it definitely :beach: time :dance: ...

Ilene
06-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Meowee :hug: I wish I could send you some good weather vibes :sunny:

meowee
06-19-2007, 08:06 AM
Good Morning Crazies . . . :grouphug:

Another day has dawned and it's time to get things moving and shaking. Northern Nova Scotia is still 'basking' in dull and dreary. Current temperature at 9 am is a 'magnificent' 12. High is forecast for 17, but some sunny breaks are being predicted. Oh wow, I hope so. Absolutely have to run some errands today and it's always more enjoyable to be out and about when the sun is shining. :cool:

See you later, gang . . . hope you have a great fun day planned . . . :carrot:

chocco
06-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Allo everyone ,

Today was weigh in , I gained 1 lbs . That is ok ! i will do better this following week.

I hope everyone is having a great day today . I am off from work and i think i will spend the day outside with my girls . It is sunny but with a cold breeze .

See you all later

annette

canadian mom
06-19-2007, 01:24 PM
It is georgous here today Thank goodness I am getting tired of fighting with the clothes line.

BerniceOntario
06-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Hello All,

Weighed in this morning and i am down another pound. You know, at first i was disapointed, because there are bigger loosers than i am, but I have been working on that negitive vibe and now realize one pound is a lot.

There is one woman in the group who had about 12 pounds to go to goal, which was 125 or so. Can anyone tell me how someone that small can drop 12 pounds or more in just two weeks. It does not sound healthy for sure. Especially someone who is that small. :?: To my way of thinking she is being very foolish or has discovered some kind of miracle. I think i will mug her next weigh-in.:devil:

We will be away from Monday to Friday of next week, and i will weigh-in on Saturday morning come what may. Maybe i have learned something and i will come back from this trip at least stable. :D

Bernice in Cornwall, Ontario

HeatherAngel
06-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Good morning!

I haven't stopped by in a while - never a good sign for me - usually means I am probably EATING! - :lol:

Glad to read everyone's news:

Annette - great attitude and you KNOW that scale will head south next week :D

Bernice - congrats on the next pound down -Yay Bernice!! :)

Jen - hope that weather holds for ya! I LOVE used bookstores - you reminded me I show have a trawl through one soon! :D

Meowee - how are those kittens?? And how's the COUCH?? :lol3:

Ilene, you skinny bean - may I just state here how much I DO NOT miss teaching?? :lol:

Hey Ruth! Glad you've popped in again - great to see you, girl! :hug:

Okay - shockingly enough, I have already been for my run this morning... I woke up needing the bathroom at 6:30 and then thought - you know, I might as well get up! My husband is trying to figure out who I am and what I have done with his wife! :lol3:

Have a great day, everybody! Chat soon -

canadian mom
06-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Bernice~ Be proud you lost a pound and yes you need to look at the positive not the negative. Also look at if your clothes are fiting better that is a better gage cause when I drop the most in size the scale is usually not moving(bring on the muscle)
Heather~ I used to go to used bookstores all the time then I had 2 more kids and just didn't make the time but I am tired of reading the same books to the kids over and over and over...well you get the idea so I thought I would check them out agin. we will probably go ebvery couple of weeks.

Today I am going to get paint for our bright blue shed(lol) so it can now match our house but it is calling for rain the next 3 days I hope it doesn't so we can get the darn thing painted.

meowee
06-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Morning . . . :(

Beautiful sunny morning for a change . . . but I slept poorly and woke up in a terrible mood. And then . . . won't bother you with all the details . . . the terrible trio almost destroyed a couple of things in the middle of the night. And then the 'dumb blond' (Frickle) urinated on the bath mat. And then . . . things really started to go down-hill.

Anyway gang . . . hopefully I'll cheer up and be back later. Keep things moving and shaking. . . :carrot:

Ilene
06-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Bernice -- Way to go on the loss, one pound is one pound is one pound, take it and run... When I'm off work in a couple of weeks, we must get together for coffee... Maybe after one of your Tuesday weigh-ins or Saturday the 30th when you're back...PM me...

Meowee, you can mail me one of those pretty cats if you want :yes: ....

Heather -- :cp: on the early morning run... I may start getting up with DH and biking, he gets up at 5:15, he only does a bit maybe 8-15k but it would be a good way to start the day... A few years ago I used to get up at 5am to either go to the gym or bike...

Today was a coolish day compared to what we've been having... It was only 21,no humidity so it felt kind of cool... I ran this morning at it was great....

srmb60
06-20-2007, 07:48 PM
You'll all be happy to know that my eyes are healthy. I'm getting new little purple glasses (I'm $400 poorer) and trial contacts! Well, maybe contacts. My perscription is not that cool for contacts and he said that hospital air is pretty dry. So if he can come up with something clever ... I'll get trial contacts.
All the walking I did today was back and forth to the optomitrist ;)

oldtimehockey
06-21-2007, 12:41 AM
Hi, All!

Just a quick pop in to say "hi". I've been volunteering at my Daughter's dance school's recitals; she was in the first show, on Monday, and there are 3 other shows this week, so I'm volunteering my services as a "Room Mother", to mind the little ones while they wait for their turn to dance. Not hard work, mind you, but a long night (5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.) with preschoolers and kindergarteners! I fear my poor Daughter has eaten nothing but hot dogs this week, and I've had a couple myself! All I want to do is eat and sleep (and eat). Hopefully, a less-crazy schedule next week will make it easier to get back on track.

Lousy weather here in MA; humid and overcast, with occasional showers. Ugh!

Ok, I'll be back with better news (hopefully) at the end of the week!

Em

meowee
06-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Happy Summer Solstice . . . HA . . . think old Ma Nature is playing a big trick on Northern Nova Scotia this year . . . it's cold and raining . . . just for a change . . . :(

Later, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking today . . . :carrot:

canadian mom
06-21-2007, 09:50 AM
it is a another gloomy day here so I willnot be getting any painting done. The park here is up our butt about the shed (it is very ugly color of bright blue) but the hubby had to fix the rotten porches before we fell throught them (when we moved here the place was in bad shape, and there is still a ways to go) They are not taking into consideration all the work and regular maintnence that needs to be done. When Dh is working with the power tools I have to keep a close eye on the kids so the painting cannot get done. These people are really starting to piss me off between the weather and other things we will get to the shed when we can I noe have the paint just need the weather.

rant now over.....lol

srmb60
06-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Good evening. It was a bit chillier here today, nice, sunny, but windy. It'll be lovely to sleep.

I finally got for a walk today. My friend asked and I didn't have the heart to say no.

Ilene
06-21-2007, 09:18 PM
On the coolish side here too... Got caught biking in the rain... It wasn't the rain so much that I disliked but the lightning :fr: ... Man, I peddaled my butt home pretty quick... Didn't get too soaked...

chocco
06-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Oh man !
Ilene that must of been quite the rush . thunderstorm and out on your bike.
Glad to see you made it home safe.

It is raining here also. I love thunder and lightening storms . Can't wait for a really big boom. I just hope it does not wake up my 2 princesses.

see ya all later

annette

HeatherAngel
06-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Good morning, all! :wave:

It's very nice here today - sunny, but not as hot - I was out for my run by 8am... who am I turning into?? :lol:

I'm finally starting to see a difference in my body now; not only in my size, but in things like my skin (which is so much clearer!) and my hair (which feels stronger and is definitely more shiny!), so things are good all 'round :)

I've had an emotional few days, but I am trying to eat well (I really need to NOT have Tostitos in the house!!) and get my exercise in, so it's all going in the right direction, hopefully!

How's everyone else?

Meowee - those bad kittens - they are sweet, though... :)

Ilene - wow! That would have scared me!! :yikes:

Susan - hope you slept well in the cooler weather :)

Everyone have a wonderful day, and hey - it's the weekend!!

srmb60
06-22-2007, 09:50 AM
I slept ten hours. It was great! But my phone rang this morning. I had to say no. Please if you know any nurses, send them to rural hospitals. We need them! The pay is good and the cost of living not too bad!

meowee
06-22-2007, 12:17 PM

Still relatively dull and cool around here and I ache everywhere. A few days of sunshine and no rain would really work wonders.

No big plans for me . . . just trying to keep things moving and shaking and heading in the proper direction . . . see you soon :carrot:

srmb60
06-23-2007, 06:09 AM
Good morning. It has been cooler the last few days but we haven't had much rain.

We're having a weird weekend here. I'm on 7-3, DS#1 is on 12 hr nights and DS#2 is on 12 hr days. Supper should be interesting (if poor DH who has the weekend off alone, remembers to get the chicken out :))

Ruthxxx
06-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Brilliant and cool here this morning - a good day to do some weeding as we had loads of rain the other night. My furnace turned on this morning!
Enjoy your weekend.

meowee
06-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Hi . . . :wave:

Nothing exciting around here . . . Kittens are behaving (so far), but the scale has been banished to the corner again. ;) Weather is still pretty yucky, mostly dull right now but with thunderstorms and another 25 mm of rain in the forecast for the day. :(

Keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . :carrot:

HeatherAngel
06-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Have a great weekend everybody - I'll try to pop in tomorrow for a :wave: !

BerniceOntario
06-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Good morning

This has been a very good week for me. I have eaten well and kept writing my points every day. It does make a difference to journal.

I had my doctor appointment on Friday morning and my cholesterol is down from 6.1 to 5.8. Originally it was 6.7 so i know i am making progress. I told the doc that i want six more months before we even consider any kind of meds. I am very fortunate, i know that, being overweight and not on any meds for pressure or other health related problems stemming from excess weight. I dearly want to keep it that way.

We are leaving tomorrow morning for five days and will spend them on the Rideau, the most beautiful and serine place i know. Eating will not be a problem i hope. I have taken my cereal and measured it into baggies as well as other things i know work well. We are going to be on the water most of the time and the fridge is at home. LOL

Ilene i did IM you a couple of times, but i know you are working.

I have made a committment to weigh in at my WW in Cornwall on Saturday morning. Hopefully this will keep me on track.

Have a good one, and I will write when we get back.

Bernice

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Another gorgeous day in Toronto, sunny & warm. I really hope Canada Day is nice, we are going to a picnic/fireworks thing at my husband's golf club. I'll be so disappointed if it's raining that day.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone.

Meowee, I just came back from having one of my cats shaved! she was all matted and miserable so I took her in, she screamed blue murder during the whole procedure - you would have thought they were killing her or something, everyone was laughing inthe waiting room. Now she is all beautiful and shaved, but her butt looks like a big turkey. :)

Sylvia from NS
06-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Hello Canadian Ladies, Hope all is well where ever you are in this big country of ours!! Seasonal weather would be nice here on the east coast. Just kinda grey lately. But, no excuse not to walk my dog, except during the thunder and lightening storm we had on Friday.

I finally realized that "last page" on each thread gets the most recent posts. What a dummy I've been. Cannot keep all this straight!! I am 1.5 lbs from WW goal and about 6.5 from my personal goal. Then I am going to train to be a WW leader! Got to figure something out that will stop the Yo-Yo I have been on for the last 15 years. This is it!!

Hope all is well with everyone and any words of encouragement are greatly accepted. Glad I finally found the "Canadian Content" of 3Fat Chicks!!

Have a great day ladies and I'll be back real soon!! Sylvia from NS http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/cartoonblob01/lb/168/153/156/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Sylvia from NS
06-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Meowee, I followed your advice, started again and I got a ticker!! Cannot get rid of the hyroglifics(sp) of the old ticker, but happy I am none the less. Thank you! Do I have to copy and paste each post? Guess I'll find out but I'll be back for more advice if needed. Thanks agai http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/cartoonblob01/lb/168/153/156/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/):hug::hug:n. Sylvia from NS

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Sylvia, go to User CP, Edit signature

Take out everything in your signature (the old ticker) and put the new ticker in there. :)

meowee
06-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Hi there, gang . . . :wave:

Not having a particularly great day. This weather is really getting me down, both emotionally and physically. Oh well, this too will pass and I'll soon be back to my normal bouncy self.

Later . . . :carrot:

srmb60
06-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Morning, morning, morning .... It's much better to sleep til 8 than get up at 5 for work. I do have to work at 3 but the sleeping in was great!

The kitchen counter is clutter from one end to the other. My floors have that grey haze but there's nothing I have to do today. That's a nice feeling. I can putter away and get myself to work without doing a whole days work before I go.

HeatherAngel
06-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Morning -

Meowee, hope you're feeling better today :hug:, and Susan - whoot! I know that sleeping in felt GREAT!! :D

Having a stereotypical Monday here, which is unusual for me... in a rather foul mood. I'll pop back later if I feel less like biting the postman.

Heather

meowee
06-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Good Morning everybody . . . :grouphug:

We actually have sunshine and warmth (high of 24) today . . . and I definitely feel better . . . yippee . . . hope it lasts a couple of days for a change. Actually the prediction for tomorrow is hot and humid (and I don't like that either -- OMG, I am fussy) Oh well, just take it one day at a time. :)

Have a great day . . . see you all later . . . :carrot:

ThinGirl in FatBody
06-25-2007, 03:49 PM
It's nasty hot today in Toronto and my hubby is out golfing in it, he's a nut :p

I am laying low inside, enjoying the A/C

Ruthxxx
06-25-2007, 04:28 PM
It's darned hot and humid here too but my house has stayed miraculously cool. I may turn on the AC before bedtime if it doesn't cool off. Tomorrow is going to be pretty grim with a high of 33 and a humidex warning! I need to go to town and will plan on doing it early in the morning.

HeatherAngel
06-26-2007, 08:38 AM
Morning!

I set my alarm for 6:45am this morning, because I KNEW it was going to be HOT! Got my run in though, so all is good, although I am still in a rather bad mood. Must go sort myself out...hmmm...

Have a great day everybody!!

meowee
06-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Took four cats to the Vet today in the pouring rain . . . nothing serious, just routine stuff . . . now it's very hot and humid and threatening more torrential downpours for later tonight. Knew it was too much to hope for two nice days in a row. Weirdest spring I can remember since I moved down here.

Have a good evening, gang . . . see you tomorrow. . . :carrot:

chocco
06-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Allo everyone !

things are good here . it was a nice day . I had my yearly Dr. visit . my bp is pretty good and i think i am ready to start excercising again. my Dr. said that if my bp does go down alot again that i can half my morning and evening dose
last time i excercised i cut out my morning pill completely and i could feel my bp rise through the day. i am very happy with 130/80 bp and so is Dr. She is also very happy with my 48lbs weight loss. I have not seen her since early January and i started my mission late January . After Dr. appt. I went to my weekly weight appt. and lost 2lbs. I do not know how that happenned ; i must of lost some muscle tone because with the choices i made i should have gained 3lbs. ( ok that is a guess )

Now that i have permission to cut my meds in half i am movtivated to excercise just so that i can eventually not need to take them anymore. goodness i hope it is enough motivation because i have been making some bad choices . that refined sugar is just stronger than me some days .(what is funny or not so funny about that is i am suppose to be in control ) anyway
i am keeping my chin up and tyring to be focused in the positive .

take care everyone , sorry i went on i guess i am just feeling long winded

see ya all later

meowee
06-27-2007, 05:56 PM

Chocco . . . Congratulations on all counts . . . never question the Fairy Fat Mother when she is being nice to you . . . :high:

Pretty nice day around here . . . hope everybody else is having some good weather, too. Nothing else exciting in my world. thbe sweet-tooth-demon got me yesterday, too. But so far so good today.

Have a great evening, gang . . . see you . . . :carrot:

srmb60
06-28-2007, 12:15 AM
We had the weirdest weather blow thru here today. For a very short time it thundered and rained just a bit. It was windy too. The temperature dropped but not much any more ... and it's still humid.
Mother nature is gonna have to better than that to help dry old here!

oldtimehockey
06-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Hi, All!

Wow, it's been like a giant (uncomfortable) steam room around these parts lately! :yikes:

I have had THE WORST eating habits the last 10 days or so. I can't seem to get back on track. Reading the posts here, though, is very inspiring; you guys always seem to provide the impetus to jump "back in the saddle"! :coach: I have to admit, this miserable weather doesn't inspire me toward anything except ice cream!

One of the great things about where we live is the fact that we're 5 minutes from the beach, and our town beaches don't have "snack bars", so my 4 year old and I spend our time swimming, climbing on the rocks, exploring tide pools, and walking. Not very strenuous, but not EATING, either!

Boy, am I rambling! I've GOT to get some sleep!

It's always good to read Everyone's posts. Good night, All!

Em

HeatherAngel
06-28-2007, 09:14 AM
Good morning, fellow Canucks :)

I am still, unfortunately, in a 'funk' - but still eating well and doing my exercise... it seems to be the only thing I can focus on right now, so this can only be a good thing. I am STILL in a foul mood (for heaven's sake, I'll be glad when this month is over, both on the calender and hormonally!) and just struggling along.

Will be back to my old self soon -
Have a great day!

canadian mom
06-28-2007, 11:15 AM
I was 129 again this morning I saw this at the first of the month. When I see 120s I think I start to sabotage myself I never thought I would be down this far. I haven't seen 120s since Junior High I starved myself down to 112 I have to keep rememding myself and my mom that I am doing it the healthy way this time and that it is ok....

srmb60
06-28-2007, 11:36 AM
No no no Canadian mom! Let's stay in the 120's. I like it here!

Where're your dumbells? I'm going to do arms and shoulders while I watch "What Not To Wear' at noon.

canadian mom
06-28-2007, 02:18 PM
I did my arms this morning lol and for the past 2 sessions I have put the wrong weight on for my chest press....about 10 pounds too much instead of doing 15 each arm I am doing 20 lol. I may just keep at it althought I have an extremly hard time doing my 12-10-10-8 it is more like 12-10-10- whatever the heck I can do this rep lol. what I need to work at are my legs I can't stand lunges but Iknoe they are good for me when they do not fell like my muscle is on fire and tearing so i get tro them abou t once a week. I hope for more often now that i started them again i am aiming for 3 times /week by the end of summer.

HeatherAngel
06-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Good morning - and Happy Canada Day Weekend!!

Hope everyone has a fun and HEALTHY (!) weekend planned :D

Heather ;)

ChantyKitty
06-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi chickies,

I'm been hiding in a cave for awhile.I've lost 5 pounds so far.I've made improvements on my eating habits.I don't raid the fridge at night anymore.Thats one thing I can cross off my bad list.One day at a time.

canadian mom
06-29-2007, 12:04 PM
congrats on the not raiding the fridge I still fight with my night raids but since there is not that much junk food in the house at least my raids are minimal. The worst thing we have now is ice cream and frozen yogurt and ice cream cones.

I was 129 for the second day in a row (almost 128 but not there yet) I am off to do housework then to do my legs.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!! Mine probably won't be that healthy but we will be walking there and walking most of the day so it all evens out (mostly)

meowee
06-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi there . . . :wave:

Sorry I've been missing . . . just spent 45 hours without power . . . what a mess. My whole routine (and my good eating habits) are all upside down and backward.

Hopefully life is back to normal now . . . or at least until the next nasty little thunderstorm . . . :(

See you later . . . :carrot:

chocco
06-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Good evening everyone !!
Happy Canada Day weekend to all you great Canadians .
I am working tomorrow and will be off the following 4days . Yippee !!
I am not sure what will be going on but i think food is involved . I am hoping i can content myself with strawberries and yummie watermelon maybe even frozen blueberries for when it is hot .
I wish all of you much fun this grand long weekend .

talk to you later

annette

hefty1
06-29-2007, 10:59 PM
hi all . i hope you are ok meowree.
glen :)

oldtimehockey
06-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Happy Canada Day Weekend, All! :D

I think this weekend is going to be food-filled; I'm going to try and keep it to frozen fruit and grilled chicken and fish! I'm celebrating Canada Day with some friends at a BBQ tomorrow, and then Independence Day on Sunday, at a pool party. Food, food, food! I'd rather just not eat (sometimes) (ok, that's a lie).

Meowee - I hope the power stays on!

Canadian Mom and Susan - Keep talking about the "120's" - it provides much-needed inspiration for some of us (ok, me!).

No fridge raiding for me - the cupboard is BARE!

Good night, All!

Em

meowee
06-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Hi there, all . . . :wave:

Happy Canada Day Weekend . . . hope it is a great one for everybody. I see it's pretty quiet in here today and imagine it will be even more so as the weekend progresses. Have fun doing whatever you have planned. See you all soon . . . :carrot:

srmb60
07-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Happy Canada Day!

meowee
07-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Right back at you SUSAN . . . :hug:

Here we go again, gang . . . brand new month . . .

Here's the link to our new chat thread for July . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1755057#post1755057 . . . see you over there.