Old 05-31-2007, 11:38 PM   #1  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Default Favorite low-cal sweet treat?

Just wondering if you could share, when you really want a little somethin'-somethin' lol..what do you grab that is not necessarily the healthiest choice but low in calories??
Sweet or savory?

Lately ..actually this week in the groceries I was looking around the granols bar aisle bc my ds finally is getting into eating some more things (hooray for preschool) and its so easy just to put one into a bag when we go out, for him)

I noticed they have theses snackie bars that say Reese on the front of the box ..basically it's like a rice krispie square a bit , and then one long end is dipped in a peanut buter mixture, and the other end is dipped in a milk chocolate..it taste just like a chocoalte bar- well you get the fix anyway) and a whole bar is only 110 cals. So sometimes after supper I cut a bar in half and take my 55 calorie munchie with a coffee..yum.

For the savory I have been eating Crispy Mini's, you can have the volume and crunch and flavor of chips without the badness..lol i like ketchup, and the parmesan oregano ones..yum

when i really feel munchy the other thing I will have is pizza goldfish..you can have a lot of them for only 100 calories..and they are small..so if you are in the mood where you need quite a few of something instead of like 1 cracker..they are nice..

chocolatey chip teddy grahams are nice in the same way- you get quite a few for little calories- but I watch those bc they have a tendency to send me raiding the cupboards afterwards I have to be kinda careful with sweets
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:52 PM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I'm having a love affair with the frozen fudge bars by Skinny Cow... mmmmmm.

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:11 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I -have- to have dessert every night or I go all diet-destructive (don't know why, but I accept it as part of who I am and work it in). Lately, I've been home-making frozen yogurt for my dessert - its about 150 cals per serving, has fresh fruit and nonfat yogurt and a bit of sugar mixed with a greater part of splenda, and some fat free half and half. Man - its good. A big "ice cream" portion for a reasonable calorie load, AND it helps me with calcium, vitamins, and even protein for the day. Good stuff. If you have an ice cream maker, don't let it get dusty in the cabinet. Sometimes I make a basic vanilla version of the yogurt and serve a small portion with some grilled pineapple...perfect balance of tart and sweet, and a company-worthy dessert garnished with a mint sprig or a few berries.

60 calorie Jell-O sugar free pudding cups. I've tried just about every flavor that is, and I love them.

Breyers 100-cal cookies and cream ice cream cups. Yum.

Skinny Cow fudge bars - I think they're 50 cals each.

Of course, sometimes you just want fruit salad...so I keep fruit onhand for those days.

Nothing satisfies me more on the salty front than 100-calorie microwave popcorn bags. So much crunchy volume! I've also been on a kick lately of having Wasa light rye crispbreads dipped in homemade tzatziki...also good, but garlicky! No kisses afterward for sure.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:13 AM   #4  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I LOVE "So Delicious" Chocolate or Orange Swirl frozen pops with only 90 calories! They are so rich and creamy!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/194/165

Height: 5'8"

I go nuts if I can't have ice cream. I buy the light version, put 1/2 cup in a cone. I don't know why but having it in a cone versus a bowl seems so indulgent! hehe
I also love strawberries, cut up mixed with a small pkg sf jello w/ hot water, set in fridge. Add a dallop of lite cool whip...sweet & hmmmm, good!
Luc's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:33 AM   #6  
Walking by faith...

S/C/G: 202/198/150

Height: 5'5

I love the 100 cal snacks by Nabisco...my favorite is the Lornadoons and the oreos yummo!
Saprina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:07 AM   #7  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Sweets:
  • 60 calorie pudding cups from Jello
  • Chocolate Mini-Meringues from Trader Joe's (they taste like the marshmallows in Count Chocula cereal)
  • Chocolate Cat Cookies from Trader Joe's
  • Individual Chocolate Souffle Cakes (note that by my calculations the calories are closer to 190, than 150 as the recipe indicates)
  • Mango, melon, or berries with a little splenda and milk
  • Dole Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
  • Tea (Chai, Bush, or the Chocolate, Vanilla, or Caramel teas from Trader Joes) with 1 tbsp FF half and half and 2 tbsp SF Torani syrup
  • Coffee with 1 tbsp FF half and half and 2 tbsp SF Torani syrup
  • FF vanilla soft-serve cone from McDonald's (I wish we had a TCBY or another frozen yogurt place around here)
  • FF SF Tall Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbuck's
  • Pria or Balance 100-calorie bars
  • Sugar-free hard candies

I haven't tried it yet, but Cooking Light has a recipe for Coffee Ice Milk that is only 65 calories per serving. It's definitely on my list for this summer. They also have Strawberry-Buttermilk Gelato that is only 135 calories per serving; that's something I plan on trying as well.

Savory
  • Mini rice cakes in various flavors
  • Pretzel Thins from Trader Joe's
  • Chex mix in various flavors
  • Mini Rice Crackers from Trader Joe's
  • Soy Crisps from Trader Joe's
  • Laughing Cow Cheese Bites

Can you tell I have more of a sweet tooth than craving for salty snacks?
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I love shaved ice "snow cones." I bought an electric ice shaver at Walmart about six years ago or so (actually I bought two, one for a wedding gift, and the wedding was called off, so instead of returning I just kept the other as a "spare," so when the motor finally died, I had an instant replacement)

When I first bought it, I could only find the regular syrups, which meant at least 150 calories for a small serving. Then I started making my own syrups (1 or 2 packets of koolaid, sugar free sweetener to equal 1 cup of sugar or one tub of crystal light and 2 cups of water mixed in a squeeze bottle), and now sugar free syrups are available, which I sometimes buy, especially if it's a flavor I can't "make" like rootbeer. I usually have several bottles of syrup in the fridge every summer. I'm addicted to these.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

Klondike Slim-A-Bear Ice Cream sandwich - 100 calories!
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:39 PM   #10  
Gen23

S/C/G: 144/136/120

Height: 5'4"

Smile

When I crave chocolate, I have a hard time being satisfied with anything but a high-cal chocolate bar. I recently found a guilt-free frozen treat. These Li'l Fudgy bars only have 80 cal. and 2g of fat. Let me tell you, these taste like they should have you packin' on the pounds.

Last edited by Gen23; 06-01-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Gen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #11  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

I LOVE my skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. I think they're 140 calories and 2 WW points. They totally satisfy my ice cream and chocolate cravings in one sinful snack.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

I swear I posted on this tread last night. Either I'm crazy or maybe I got deleted? Server error? Anyway...

I'm a chocolate fiend. The problem is that I'm very picky about my chocolate. It must be over 70% cocoa solids and if the ingredient list says milk on it I won't buy it (why are they diluting my chocolate with milk?) I also like to get ones that have less than 10g of sugar per serving. What can I say? I like dark bitter chocolate with just a hint of sweetness. I think the reason I'm so picky is that if it's that rich I can safely eat only 2 squares (approx 50 cals worth.) So that's what I do (almost everyday.) It may not be for everyone, but that's my little indulgence.

I also agree with Soulbliss. "So Delicious" bars are good! I've only been able to find them sold individually at our health food store though.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:10 PM   #13  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

I buy Dove dark chocolate and won't eat any other kind...it's perfection!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

I Love WW Cookie dough sundae, its 170c. I used to just eat cookie dough without baking the cookies, so atleast the WW isnt so bad.
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:17 PM   #15  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Rice crispies treats are my guilty pleasure. 100 calories per bar is not so bad.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote