Old 05-31-2007, 05:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265

Height: 5'6"

Default need to exercise..

i need to exercise and i have my bathing suit and things in the car - it's just such a struggle to get to the gym to do it.. i can think of 100 excuses and none of them is good - to not exercise..

last night on tv i watched a show on a cable channel about people that were a few hundred pounds overweight (yes, a few hundred pounds) -

i remember one gal said it was EASY for her to eat - and she wanted it to be that it was EASY for her to exercise -

so i think i'm tired because i don't exercise - and i don't exercise because i'm tired .. and truth be told i've been eating like crazy the past few days (emotional issues) and today i've stopped all of that and i'm being "good" -

i'll be in the pool today after work - but i would rather just go home and veg..

whine whine whine whine.. hahahahahaha..

deb
bigdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

There's no question that getting into the habit of exercise is tough. In the beginning it's so hard not to just make the choice to go home and chill out instead of working up a sweat. However, there's also no question that it's virtually impossible to lose weight and to be healthy in general without exercise. When I weighed 275 pounds, it was SO hard to move for a long period of time, so I started very slowly and did as much as I could. Somehow, after a while, I got hooked. I never thought I would, but I did and now I'm actually hooked on running. We can redefine ourselves at any time in our lives -- I keep saying this lately -- and one of the ways we can do that is with exercise. At first you have to force yourself by just telling yourself it MUST be done, like any other chore or duty, and after a while (you have to trust me on this), you WILL love it. It may still be hard at times, but you will LOVE the way you feel. I used to hear people say that and think they were insane, but it's so true. And you'll get there if you just make the commitment now and TRUST that it will become a habit for you and will be part of your life forever.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:37 PM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I think once you do exercise a few weeks regularly you will start to like it, I had a gym membership and the first few days I would only stay in the women's locker room( they had a small exercise room for women only), but after a week or so, I went downstairs to the co-ed work out room, and loved it. I spent an hour + doing exercises. My membership expired and I could not afford another one, but suggest find something you like, get some good music and don't be afraid if you are the biggest, shortest, or whatever person there, it is not about that, it is about feeling better. Good luck on finding something that is right for you and the motavation to do it. Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I know how you feel. In fact, I'll admit (since she knows I love her!) that when I first started reading and Lisa would say she couldn't wait to go run I'd think (imagine a sarcastic voice) "Oh, WHATEVAH!" hahahahah Now, tonight, I'm sitting here thinking I can't wait until Saturday so I can run again! hahaha How's that for irony??? Point being....if you get out and just do it...whatever it is that you choose...you might just end up liking/loving/enjoying/putting up with because it's habit your new routine! Good luck and please let us know how you're doing.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsfan1 View Post
I know how you feel. In fact, I'll admit (since she knows I love her!) that when I first started reading and Lisa would say she couldn't wait to go run I'd think (imagine a sarcastic voice) "Oh, WHATEVAH!" hahahahah
Heehee! I know exactly what you mean, though. I always said the same thing when people talked about loving exercise. You really don't get it until you force yourself into the habit and find something you truly love.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:39 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

I can totally relate!

After several weeks of slacking in the exercise dept, I recommitted on Tuesday and ride my stationary bike 15 mins (starting again slowly!) and 4 nights a week after work I am taking a 40 mins walk. Last night, it was threatening rain and I was sooooooo tired after work, but I changed into my walking clothes at the bathroom at work and DID IT!! I am sooooooo glad I did! I had one of those "Just Do It!" moments.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote