Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:23 PM   #1  
in with the outro.

S/C/G: 144ish/136ish/124ish

Height: 5'3"

Default All my bags are packed...

and I'm ready to lose weight.

So, I am going to my grandparents house for an entire month to work for them, but also to just get out of my small town and just have a time to catch my breath since i am done with school. I am leaving in two saturdays from now.

Anyway, I plan on starting to run every morning and start eating not only more healthy, but less (just not over eat), so that I gain better habbits. I just need a change...I would like to lose 10-15 lbs. this summer if at all possible.

Can someone normally lose 10 pounds in about a month...or is that pushing it?? Just curious!

But when I get home, I want to carry on the habbits that i have made. I just really need to push myself.

I want to come back to school diffrent...not so much my personality. I want to turn heads...is that wrong?? I am just afraid of failing...like really. I have been trting to lose weight for so long...what if I can't do it?!! I haven't been exercising very much, and i have been eating horribly. I just need to get away. I want this so bad...so yeah. Any advice or anything that will help me?! I could really use it...thanks!
chrissyrae08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

10 pounds in a month may be pushing it for someone without much weight to lose. I think 2 months for 10 pounds is more realistic. I lost 20 in 4 months.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #3  

I think you have a wonderful opportunity to remove yourself from your old routines and make yourself into who you truly want to be -- congratulations! I went 900 miles across the country when I was 21 years old to accomplish this!!

I think you should concentrate more on the "hows" than the "how muches"!! Run, eat right, relax, enjoy yourself but if you lose 10 pounds -- be proud. I don't think you can do all the things you talked about and not lose weight, but don't set yourself up to be disappointed if you don't meet some predetermined goal.

Have fun!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:49 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey! It sounds good! Just concentrate on that exercise and eating healthy and smaller amounts, like you said. 10 pounds in a month might be too much--so if you don't quite make it, don't be disappointed! Any loss is good!

Good luck! Enjoy!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:09 AM   #5  
in with the outro.

thanks so much, I am just going to try my hardest...but also take take time to relax! thanks guys .
Old 05-31-2007, 01:15 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8

10 lbs a month isnt easy but very do able, that is what i lose for monthly goals, 10 lbs and so far since january it has been working out perfect.
pinupdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:17 AM   #7  
in with the outro.

really! thanks...i am going to make it my goal, but i wont freak out if it doesn't work out. I have a few months to lose weight...and I would like to be down 15 lbs by the end of summer. so...we will see what happens. I'll make sure to keep on posting. Thanks for all your support guys!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:05 AM   #8  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Well, remember that pinupdreams started a lot higher. It is usually harder when you only have a little to lose. Good luck!
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:39 AM   #9  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

10 pounds in a month is a lot. I lost well over that for several months, but the closer I get to goal I seem to be averaging closer to a pound per week. Either way, you'll weigh less than you do right now! Working on your grandparents farm will help trim and tone your muscles as well, so expect to see great changes in your body even if the weight loss is a little slower! My only other advice is remember that grandma's love to feed you! I spent many summers on the farm and they were filled with fried chicken and potato salad.....just be aware of what you're eating and you'll do fantastic. Enjoy your getaway!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

It would be very difficult to lose 10 lbs in a month, esp. if you aren't going to rigrously track calories and make sure to eat a fairly low cal diet. I'm at a weight similar to yours and I'm aiming for a pound a week (restricting calories by 500 a day). That's a comfortable and sustainable level for me. I could probably do 1-1/2 pounds a week if I were in a hurry. More than that would be pretty challenging.
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:09 PM   #11  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Also, if you're not going to have internet access, think seriously about investing in Fitday PC or a similar program - It's really easy to get lax when estimating calories, and Fitday PC at least has pretty decent activity trackers too. Have fun!
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote