Carb Counters - Anyone looking for a buddy for a daily check-in?

Buffy0
05-30-2007, 06:16 PM
I just started back on Atkins and would love a buddy to discuss everything with daily. I definitely need an encouraging partner that is working as hard as I am to lose this weight! :carrot:

Today is "Day 2" for me. I'm doing well - no headaches. A little dazed but for me, that's a good thing. Tomorrow I'm off on a day business trip so I know travelling will be hard to stick to a good diet. Yucky airport food. It's only for a day -- anyone have any good tips on how I should attack this? Should I bring my own snacks?

nasus40
05-30-2007, 10:48 PM
I wish you the best of luck. I plan on hitting it hard but I can not post daily. once or twice a week when i start up working again willb e my limit. (monday)

Natalie03
05-31-2007, 03:00 PM
I usually check in daily :) and I seem to be about where you are. I took a break from Atkins while on vacation for a couple of weeks and just restarted yesterday. It's tough getting back into the swing of things, isn't it? When I'm stuck somewhere with limited low carb food like that, I usually settle for a fast food cheeseburger and throw away the bun. It's not great by any means, but it works! Good luck!

-Natalie

Puncezilla
05-31-2007, 08:53 PM
There are a few of us that post daily on the weekly chat threads, I find that keeps me motivated. You are welcome to join us there. traveling a lot makes it harder , but its doable , I think you should bring as many of your own snacks as you can. Good luck and keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

Buffy0
06-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi everyone!

Well I did well yesterday on my trip. I can't believe it actually. At the offices we travelled to they ordered in deli sandwiches -- I grabbed a BLT with Turkey wrap and ate the insides only. It was delicious! And I finally got off caffine for the first time yesterday and didn't even get a headache -- so strange! Maybe I thought I was more addicted to it than I am.

I did a lot of walking -- walking through those airports! Ha ha!

I drank my water and did have a caffine-free diet coke. Does anyone know if diet drinks like this can make you stall?

I told myself I wouldn't weight myself for the first two weeks. It was the kiss of death for me last time. I wanted to see big results fast last time and when I didn't, I gave up. I've heard it varies with people. Some people lose it gradually at first and others lose it faster. Is that right for many of you?

Puncezilla
06-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi buffy , I'm glad your trip went well! Way to go staying OP . I save the diet drinks for treats and they seem to be ok for me, I think they do stall some people depending on how sensitive you are to the sweetner.
I lose 1-2 lbs a week most of the time, not super fast but pretty good. I think I lost about 7 lbs the first two weeks.
Keep it up!

Natalie03
06-03-2007, 10:23 AM
I lose pretty quickly during induction, but I make a point of being VERY strict about what I consume during these first two weeks. Before this diet, I drank sooo much soda and coffee. Eck! When I started the diet the first time, I just had to sneak a Coke Zero in. Then I drank nothing but water afterwards. After sticking to water for a little while, I completely lost all cravings for any kind of soda rather quickly. It also makes it much easier to finish my daily 64 oz. (I usuallly don't drink that much).

Since you're restarting too, have you found it harder than the first time to stick to low-carb foods? The beginning was a breeze for me last time, but I'm craving carbs so badly now! :dizzy:

Good luck ladies!

Natalie

travelchick
06-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi there....did you already find a diet buddy? I have just re-started my weight loss journey and our stats are very similar. I weighed in at 190 this morning and realized that it was time to stop my compulsive losing & gaining weight! I would like to reach 140 pounds. Let me know if you're still seeking a buddy.
Thanks!
BJ

Buffy0
06-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi travelchick, Nathalie and everyone!

OK -- this past weekend was my birthday...I stayed on induction great for the first week. I weighed myself at the end of the first week and the scale did not budge?!! Then yesterday for my birthday I cheated a bit...so I got on the scale this morning -- scared of course because I cheated and I lost 2 pounds. What gives?

I think I'm stalling somehow on induction. I must be doing something wrong not to lose anything. I did keep drinking 1/2 cup of coffee in the morning. Perhaps I should lose that altogether?? I feel like I've failed again! :(

Buffy0
06-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Ok it's me again! I think I know what I did wrong. I finally found my Atkins book -- New Diet Revolution. And I was eating some "not so good" veggies that aren't on the ok list for induction. So I think I found my own culprit! YIKES! That will show me to read this book again. So today I'll continue eating good and tomorrow will be another day for me to re-begin my induction into the diet again.

**Sigh**

Has anyone made a mistake like this before?

Natalie03
06-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey Buffy, Happy Birthday! It's funny how things happen like that. I totally cheated yesterday. My boyfriend brought some chocolate home and I kept sneaking little bites of it ALL DAY LONG! :o I was afraid to step onto the scale too, but it turns out that I had lost 2 pounds today. Pretty crazy. I'm having trouble staying away from the sweets this time. I think I'll just stay on induction a little longer.

I hope eliminating some of those veggies helps! Make sure to drink all 64 oz. of water each day too. I know stalled when I wasn't drinking enough. Good luck! :)

Buffy0
06-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Hi Natalie.

Thank you for the birthday wish! :D

Good for you on the 2 pounds! That's great! Today I restarted induction and it's a little harder than the first time around. Last week I made the mistake of eating carrots and celery on induction - I guess those are no-no's. Luckily I didn't GAIN weight -- and even better, I feel like I got my body ready for this diet this time by doing that for a week. The little break didn't help -- I too ate some chocolate yesterday evening so I'm right there with you!

Today I'm doing good -- so far so good. No caffine either -- I drank decaf coffee today. Hopefully this does the trick. I'm going to try and wait another week before I weigh myself again. I'd also like to get myself to the gym this week! I haven't worked out in 3 weeks!!! Eek!

Hope your week is going great! :carrot:

Natalie03
06-07-2007, 04:32 PM
It IS so hard to get back on induction! Besides the chocolate I think I'm about getting used to it now. I will admit to sneaking bites of off plan food now and then, but the weight seems to still be coming off, so hey... :)

I hope cutting the caffeine is working for you! I had a total caffeine addiction before the first round of my diet also. I should probably get back to the gym too. I've stopped going since I've been painting the hallway in my house. It's hard work! But the gym is probably a good idea.

It's great that you can wait a week to weigh yourself. I am sort of an obsessive weigher and I think I would feel better if I didn't weigh myself every single day...sometimes multiple times. :( It makes the short stalls seem soooo much longer!

Have a good day!

Natalie

Buffy0
06-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Hi Natalie -

Sorry for the lag in response. The past few days have been great. I've lost 3 more pounds. I'm so happy! I got off track a bit over the weekend but not by much and I didn't add any weight -- I actually lost 1 pound over the weekend. And even though I said I would weigh myself weekly, I'm like you -- I like to weigh myself every day. I like to check on myself and I just can't wait to see where I am at. Also, I like it because if it's not moving, I can catch myself faster. After that first boo-boo of eating the wrong veggies, I don't want to do that again you know?

Hope you are doing well. I haven't been back to the gym but I did go on 2 really long brisk walks over the weekend. I'm even a bit sore today so that's a sign I got a good workout in. How are you keeping up? I hope you are doing well and had a great weekend!

Buffy0
06-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Is anyone still there? I'm so excited! I'm down 5 pounds! :carrot:

I'm feeling good -- although I've been getting lots of urges to eat bread or something of the like. I'm starting to miss it a bit. Also, I've cut out most of my caffine in-take. I'm drinking more tea now. No headaches -- just heartaches from missing some of my junkfood but I know it will pass. :D

Hope everyone is doing well!

Puncezilla
06-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi Buffy, Congrats on the 5 lbs, that is great! I'm glad you are sticking with it & feelin' good. I still get urges to eat some junk food, but not as often. I just have to distract myself and it goes away.:wave:

Laura G
06-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Hello

I'm on day 2 of my low carb plan. So far, it's been rough - massive withdrawl headaches!

Holy temptation. It's amazing all the stuff I want to eat now that I "can't". Every two minutes I want to just chuck this whole thing, stuff my face, and maybe tomorrow will be better. But I know that I am a good chunk of the way through the withdrawl stage, and I DON'T want to do that again.

I sure could use some daily (hourly, minutely...?) encouragement. I'm going to start by being accountable.

I could use some help and hints from anyone out there - fave dishes or fave distractions from cravings...

I would also really appreciate any PM's - I'm rather a private person, and even though I need some help, maybe the whole world doesn't need to know? I'm looking to connect with someone who can give me individual encouragement.

Boy, do I sound needy or what?

I wish everyone all the best in their success.

Puncezilla
06-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi Laura, Welcome to the board. The first few days are HARD but you'll get over it. It's amazing how we crave things we wouldn't normaly eat. Anything you can do to distract yourself is good, whatever your hobby is, or even house work. Going for a walk always helps. I do stiching or read something. And get lots of sleep. I find the evening is the worst for me, but it realy gets easier the longer you stick with it. I think cutting out high carb foods is the best thing I'v ever done for my health. You can do this. We have a great supportive bunch here.

Laura G
06-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Thank you Puncezilla for your support.

Can I ask any low carb-ers out there a question? Does this diet style actually work? Weight loss for me is worth the effort, but I don't want to put the effort towards nothing. I'm still new at this, and I really can't believe that this is healthy or good for me, or that it will produce results.

Any testamonials?

Puncezilla
06-14-2007, 11:08 PM
I have been doing it since Jan, and have had some off plan days / weeks in beetween, and have lost over 30lbs. I also feel beter. I have done a lot of reading about why it is healthy, and realy beleive it is great. What is your plan like? I think the atkins book, south beach, and "Living the low carb life" all do a good job of explaining the health benifits. I also found reading these books to be motivating. I do think you should make sure your plan is sustainable, and made to suit you personaly.
Even though I havent been perfect the whole time I have still lost more than I have on any other plan before.

Puncezilla
06-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Also look at jerseygirl and lilybelle's Photos and storys, they have both lost a lot and are very motivating to see.

Laura G
06-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Ok, thanks for the encouragement. You better believe I'm going to look up those pics. I got on the scale today, and I"M A BELIEVER! I know, it's water at first, but at least it's something.

Buffy0
06-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Welcome Laura!!!

The first few days are really hard - they were for me too. And expect to have some more hard days here and there but they definitely subside and as you see the results, you are more apt to stick with your diet. For me, I too wanted everything and everything those first few days. I even wanted to eat things I don't normally eat. Strange but then I told myself how much I needed this diet because I was really addicted to all of those bad foods and had really bad habits.

I have slipped up a bit here and there but it hasn't hindered my progress. When I slip up, I eat a slice of an apple. There's nothing bad about that in the end so I'm always keeping a watchful eye on what I put in my mouth.

I'm here all the time and will check in with you from time to time. I'm not a pro at this but I've read the book and am happy to help wherever possible.

Laura G
06-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks Buffy - it sure is nice to have a place to come and get the support I need. I have weighed myself 3 times today - I am obsessing. This is usually where I start to give up -the days don't go by fast enough for me, so I keep checking in, and of course there's no difference in two hours.... I think my reward at the 10 lbs mark will be to put the dang scale AWAY! I need to get some sort of fail-safe plan in place so I don't worry about every ounce. Does anyone else have this problem, or am I OC?

Puncezilla
06-16-2007, 01:45 PM
When I firs got my new scale I was on it a few times a day. which is realy not a good idea since your weight will fluctuate so much during the day. so now I only weigh once a day. First thing in the morning. I know if I step on in the evening It will be higher and I will get discouraged. It is hard not to obsess about things in the begining. Try and distract yourself and remember we're here for ya. your doing great.

bunnyluffs
06-16-2007, 11:46 PM
hey you guys! i started induction on monday, and have only lost 2 lbs! i have eaten a lot less than normal, mostly just boiled eggs, and drink plenty of water. is this alright/normal to only lose 2 lbs for the first week? i know it's mostly water weight at first, but i normally would always drink a lot of water anyways, so im not really drinking much more than i was used to. could this account for not losing more water/fat weight? i never really ate much candy/junk food at all, i guess my downfall has been more of things like bread, and other high carbs, but mostly healthy foods. i've been around this weight ever since puberty! and i've always have felt "fat" since then. my mom never told me to watch my weight around puberty or to try to be more active back then... it's horrible going through middle school and high school and even college always feeling as though you are fat! I've been sticking to the "diet" very well, but im happy that i have at least lost some weight, it's better than no weight loss! also, for the ketosis, i started the diet when i was still sick (b/c i didnt want to wait longer to start), so i was already feeling miserable, and didnt notice any withdrawl.

SherryA
06-17-2007, 11:31 AM
2 pounds a week is considered a good weight loss. 2 pounds a week is really all anyone should aim for. You are starting at a pretty low weight to begin with, so it isn't going to come off as fast for you as it would for me (at over 200 pounds). But although Atkins usually starts people off with a much more rapid weight loss, 2 pounds a week is really what I'm aiming for, because if it will be slow and steady like that, I have more confidence that it will stay off and not come pouring back on as soon as mess up a little.

You really should eat something more than eggs though. That isn't balanced. You should eat a variety of foods, and include some salad. Eat meats and green veggys. Enjoy the types of foods you are allowed on Atkins or you will become too bored to continue.

Laura
As far as does this diet work? I went on it I believe it was back in 2000, at that time I didn't stay on it perfectly, but even still by focusing on mostly low carb eating I lost 50 pounds over 8 months time. I kept that 50 pounds off and sort of plateaued at that weight for the next two years but over those years managed to take off an additional 10 pounds. I went up and down after that (not staying completely on plan), but managed to keep the weight off mostly within a 20 or so pound range. By that I mean, I would lose or gain 10 pound up or down from the original 50 pounds off weight.

The low carb mindset is something you can instill into yourself so that you simply don't eat certain foods at all any more. OR you can give up entirely and go back to the kind of eating you did before. I think for me I spent a lot of time telling myself certain foods were off limits and others I ate. So I eventually began to gain it back. I never gained all of it back although at one or two points this year I came within 12 pounds of being back at my starting point.

It DOES work if you work it. If you consider it to be a lifestyle and "this is how I eat now" you can lose the weight and keep it off. If you go back to old bad habits, the weight will obviously come back on. But if you catch yourself and climb back to low carb, you can keep the weight off (or most of it).

Laura G
06-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Puncezilla - thanks. It's good to know that this is normal behaviour, and that I shouldn't obsess - I guess limiting myself to one weigh in a day is my next small goal.

Sherry - I really appreciate hearing your story and how you struggle to stay OP. I 'm actually kind of glad I had such bad withdrawl headaches, because I never want to go through those again - so, I won't eat carbs.
The changes I've seen so far have been amazing. My belly shape has changed - I don't look pregnant anymore (very important to me since I'm a bridesmaid this summer and she chose empire style waist dresses!) My blood sugar is under control - I'm still taking my metformin, but I've had to cut way back on my injections. I still can't beleive the success I've had so far. I've been OP for 5 days now, and I've lost 11 lbs! Ok - most of it was water weight, but I've been rereading Atkins, and he said that after the first 4-5 days, all the water is gone and you start losing primarily fat! I can't wait. I'm so pumped about this. I'm not hungry often anymore, and resisting treats is getting so much easier. I'm going to enjoy this ride as long as I can. I know it won't always be this easy to cope with, but that's what the site is for, right!

Bunnyluffs - I once heard the effect atkins has on a person described like dominoes - the first few fall down slowly, but pretty soon they speed up. Keep going - even 2 pounds is 2 less you have to lose to get to goal. You can keep going and have a chance to get there, or give up and have no chance at all. Stick with it, we're here for you!

SherryA
06-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Hi Laura, that is amazing. I love the way Atkins works at the beginning. Yes, your belly shape does seem to shift quickly as I recall. I tend to lose the upper bulging, then the lower belly is all that still sticks out.

I think what I love most is how quickly my face looks thinner. To me the face is the most important part. If your face looks lean, you look leaner all over. Plus I always notice how quickly the fat on my back seems to go away. I wind up looking more pear shaped, fairly quickly.

When I first started I weighed 282, I lost 4 pounds prior to starting Atkins, and within a week and a half after I started I was down another 13.5 pounds. I loved that! I've known people who've lost about 5 pounds a week by staying at straight induction. I've never lost it that fast, it always slows down for me, but maybe because I have a hard time sticking to straight induction.

I hope you keep on succeeding and keep on loving it. It really works so well for some of us. I think for some people low carb just doesn't really work all that well, but for us carb addicts it is great!

Laura G
06-20-2007, 02:33 AM
Hey Sherry - I'm sorry it took me so long to get back, I've been away for a few days visiting family. I managed to stay OP the whole time, and I was really excited to come back and weigh myself - going 2 whole days without a scale nearly killed me! Imagine my distress to find out that after all the temptations I avoided, I didn't lose a single pound? So before coming to this website, I went to Fitday - oh how quickly the calories and fat grams add up. Oops. Ok, i think I'm going to have to modify my eating again. I think I've got the low carb licked, now I need to go a little more low fat/low cal. I'm actually a little disappointed - I was hoping that it was less of a DIET and more just changing out the carbs. I know - silly me, I was dreamimg. I bought three new diet books, all describing low carb-ing and there were some really amazing recipes and ideas. I can't wait to start cooking for myself again - there's only so much of Subway salads a person can eat.

Thanks for your help and support.

All the best in your success.

Buffy0
06-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Hello everyone - I hope you are all doing well. I loved being able to read all of the recent entries and catch up on everyone's progress.

I fell off the wagon for a few days. I was dreading coming back on here again feeling as though I failed but here I am. I'm at work today and I fixed my Induction Lunch and am feeling good. Luckily, I did not gain any weight and stayed at the same...but yesterday I saw a 1 pound increase and said ok that's it, I gotta get back on.

I was feeling a little depressed yesterday about it -- I feel like food and planning my food is running my life. Does anyone ever feel overwhelmed by having to think about what you can eat, what you can't? I think it's just me getting a little down. BUT - I promise I'm much better today. I'd like to get into the gym today too -- I think that will help my mood.

Laura G
06-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Buffy - Don't be down! You are not a failure - you came back didn't you? It's normal to feel depressed about a weight gain - but it seems like you know why it happened, and you have to tools to stop it in it's tracks.
I completely understand how you feel about being overwhelmed with food planning. Every minute of every day you are thinking about what you ate, what you're going to eat, doing all the mental calculations that go with it. I'm an organizer by nature - I like the planning and logistics of a diet, but yes, day in and day out planning adds to my stress level. I decided to plan 1 week at a time. I plan all my meals a week at a time. In case I change my mind one day, I have a back-up for each of the three meals and two snacks. I do all my calorie counting, carb and fat counting - FitDay really helps with this- on the one day, then I go shopping. I get all the food home and prepare all the fresh veggies into serving sized containers. Sometimes I prepare the meats ahead of time and portion them out - then, I don't have to think for the rest of the week. I colour code all my containers, so when I leave in the morning, I just grab one of each colour. No thinking, no obsessing. I just eat.
It's a little time consuming on the planning day, but for me, definitely worth it.
Maybe you could adapt a system to work for you.

Buffy0
06-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi Laura -

Thanks so much for the support. It really helped and I totally appreciate you helping me by sharing your ways of doing the diet. I am actually a planner too. I like having things taken care of ahead of time too. I love how you do that though. I've started to do my shopping early on Sunday mornings. This way the stores are jammed with people so I can take my time - otherwise when the stores are packed, I get the urge to go fast and get out of there!

I like the colored container idea. That's a GREAT idea. It's nice to be able to control your portions that way too.

Can I ask what you eat for your snacks?

Thanks again for the support and your kind words. I hope you are having a great day today. I'm back on track and I'm feeling good...

Laura G
06-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Buffy - You are absolutely welcome! :flow2:Any time I can help, you just go ahead and ask - PM me if you are more comfortable.

What do I eat for snacks? Well, I try mainly for vegetables - I love cauliflower, broccoli, cucumber and mushrooms. If i'm super hungry, I usually have 1 oz of sharp cheddar cheese available. I find that if I cut the cheese into VERY thin slices that I feel like I'm eating more than 1oz - great mind trick for me. Once in a while (very seldom) I'll bring along 1 oz of almonds - I buythe raw unprocessed kind - and I look for the biggest nuts I can get. For me, having a large nut means I can get two small bites, instead of small nuts which I pop 2 into my mouth for 1 bite. Again, I fool myself. Also for the summer, (not really a "snack") I freeze Crystal Light into ice cubes (make it slightly stronger than the directions), and then I'll crush about 6 cubes in my blender - a great Sno-Cone idea - or, if you prefer Slushies, put the crushed cubes into a glass of regular strength Crystal Light. My favorite is the Tangerine-Grapefruit.

Hope this helps. If you have any snack ideas, I'd love to hear them!

All the best in your success.

Puncezilla
06-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Laura, You are doing so well! Keep it up. Thank for sharing your snack ideas. I love the crushed ice idea, I will definately try that. I like to have a pickle and cheese, or a few olives, or macadamia nuts.

Buffy0
06-25-2007, 01:12 PM
THANK YOU LAURA!

Wow -- I love your ideas. Very crafty and smart. I need to trick myself too. For some reason I'm always feeling like I have to keep busy so I don't keep stuffing my face. :)

You seem to be doing so great -- I'm so happy for you! That's really great! I'm doing ok...I'm trying to stick with it but it's been hard lately for me...not sticking to it so much but I've been on the road for work and the "right" foods aren't always available. Plus, I haven't worked out for weeks. Today I put it in my calendar to work out and I gave myself 1.5 hours to do it so I can take my time and look at it as a break in the day. I would love to make it part of my day.

Do any of you work out on a regular basis? If so, what do you do? I love Yoga and I love the eliptical trainer and bike. If only I could get in there every day.

Laura G
06-25-2007, 01:25 PM
I bought a Gazelle at a garage sale - I love it. It's very easy to use - except I'm not really coordinated enough to keep my hands on the mopving handles - I just hold onto the structure for balance. It's like walking, but it lets you vary your stride, and there is no impact. Because I have so much to lose, my hips and feet ache if I pound pavement. I also find the gazelle is super quiet, so it's not problem for me to jump on it when I watch TV. I also bought a walking DVD for in home - by Prevention Magazine - it's very fun and definietly a work-out. I'm not comfortable in gyms, everyone here seems to just be cruisin', looking for fresh, young skinny meat, if you know what I mean. I tried Curves - I participated in their 3 week fitness study. I followed exactly what they said to do, and even threw ina few extra workouts - and I still gained 1/4 lb. They told me it was muscle, but when they hooked me up to their BMI computer, it told them I gained 1/4 lb of fat. Were they embarrassed! So, of course, I must have "cheated". Whatever.
I exercise at home, and I'm very comfortable with it. Hope this helps.

callystia
06-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Good luck, Laura! I'd love to try a Gazelle myself, but our apartment is so small I wouldn't have anywhere to put it. :(

Puncezilla
06-25-2007, 03:24 PM
I dont get much excersize at all. I go for a walk a few times a week. I know I should do more but I have a very hard time with it. I would like to start some kind of strength training but cant afford to join a gym, and dont know what to do on my own. I dont have any weights either except light ankle and wrist weights.

Buffy0
06-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Laura - the Gazelle sounds like it really works for you. That's great. It's always good to find something that works for you. And when you do, it's so much easier to stick with it. I tried Curves once too -- I just did it for one day and talked with them on their membership. It's strange how it works. You work out like 3-4 times a week and if you want to work out more, they don't let you. That's what the lady told me. I like a high-impact work out that really makes me sweat. I didn't get that there.

Puncezilla: A few years ago before my son...and when I was in shape, I worked out on my own with no gym and I was in pretty good shape. You don't need a gym for strength training. If you can do three sets of sit-ups, push-ups, bear-crawls and back-bear-crawls, that's pretty good. These four in particular use yourself as your weights so it's strength training. Push-ups and sit-ups are hard so you might need to modify the push-ups to your knees. Do 3 sets of 10 each. You can do these anywhere. Bear-crawl around your house for about 10 minutes...it doesn't sound like much but it's pretty hard after a while!

Walking is better for you then you think. Start with a walk around the block. Just one block. Get into a habit of doing that then go from there.

I finally got back on the exercise wagon. I bought this fun hip-hop exercise video to do at home and at work we have a gym so I've been going there for the past 3 days.

Puncezilla
06-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Buffy, What is a bear crawl? I find it very hard not to strain my neck while doing situps, I used to like doing them at the gym because they have a bench with a neck support. I can't do even one pushup, so I need something to help me work up to one. any suggestions?

Laura G
06-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Puncezilla - do a wall push up. I know it sounds strange, but put your feet about 3ft from the wall, lean against the wall with your hands at shoulder height. Don't cheat and use your legs to stand upright, but instead use your arms to push out. If it's too hard, stand closer to the wall, - too easy, stand further back. When you can do these pretty easily, move to the floor, and start with "girlie" push ups - on your knees instead of your toes. You really do build up arm muscles very quickly.

As for sit ups, my lower back won't let me do them yet. Instead, I bought the exercise pulleys that Bally's sells - about $10. You hook them around a doorknob, and lift your legs. It works out your abs tremendously, and still lets you keep your head on the floor. I use a body pillow underneath me so my back doesn't get hurt, and the floor is much more comfortable.

Buffy - is your hiphop video the new hiphop ab routine? Has anyone tried it? It looks interesting.

All the best girls!

FitinTime
07-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone,
I hope you all are still keeping this buddy system going.
I've been doing Atkins since the end of March and I have lost 24lbs. At this point, I haven't lost anything else and I don't know why.
I'm eating everything I'm supposed to except every once in awhile I'll eat some sugar free ice cream with Splenda. I think that could be slowing me down. I don't eat all my carbs during the day so I've been treating myself to ice cream. I need to just make my own using the heavy cream.
Anyway, I haven't lost but at least I haven't gained. So I'm looking at this in a positive way.
My wedding anniversary is 7/5/07 and I'm not going to even stress out on what I'm going to eat or drink. I used to love going to Rock Bottom, their beer is so good.
My husband is so encouraging, he keeps telling me how good I look even though I need more to lose. He's awesome!
Well, I hope everyone stays encouraged and don't stress if you miss the mark, it happens, as long as we remember that we are not eating like we used to and so we still will lose weight, it may be slow but we're still losing!
Take Care!
P.S. the scale on the bottom is wrong, it should show 24 lbs lost. Sorry!

Laura G
07-05-2007, 09:44 AM
:welcome2: Fitin Time! Congrats on your anniversary!

Good for you on your weight loss! I can sympathise with your stall. I've beenon Atkins for almost a month. I did really well at the beginning - 16 lbs in 2 weeks, then I stalled, and slowly it's been coming back. Yesterday I deliberatley cheated, so here i am again, back up to the almost 300 mark. Ive been very discouraged withthe program, along with some other things in my life right now. I really need some help getting back in gear.

I hope all the other ladies haven't deserted this link. I wish everyone all the best in their success - hope y'all are staying positive and OP!

Puncezilla
07-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Hi, after eating poorly for most of the week, I'm back and ready to re-commit.
I feel so lousy when I don't eat right, Its not worth it. I have to stop letting little things derail me.

For those of you who have been on for about a month and are slowing down or stalling ,DONT GIVE UP, this happened to me also, but after a week or so of not losing I started to lose again, so just hang in there!

I hope you'r all having a great day!

Laura G
07-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks Puncezilla. Good for you for recommitting. I too have fallen off the dieting bandwagon, but as of this instant I am right back on. You're right of course - I feel absolutely lousy when I cheat - physically as well as emotionally. I called one of my BF's (long distance) and cried on her shoulder about some of the things in life I'm dealing with right now. I pourd out my heart about how I was self medicating with food, and how I felt so guilty about it. She also has a slight weight problem (about 30 lbs extra) but she said something to smarten me up. Eating does not make me guilty. I am not sinning, or condemning my soul to **** if I cheat. All I am doing is hurting my body. No major crimes are being committed against society. I need to accept my relationship with food, not fight against it. I will always need to eat, for the rest of my life in order to survive.- my only choice in the matter is what I chose to eat and how I let it affect me. A situaton cannot affect me. How I react to the situation is what affects the outcome. I need to make a healthy friendship with food. Feeling guilty is what leads to downward spirals and guilt feeds upon itself.
So after all that preaching, :soap: I am recommitting to myself and my program, and to my healthy relationship with the biggest lover in my life (beside dh of course) - food. Keeping my :crossed:
:sumo:- me putting my foot down on my unhealthy attitudes.

Laura G
07-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Where did everyone go? Did my little rant scare you away?

Hello?

If anyone is out thre, I hope you are having an excellent week and staying OP!

BluebirdLu
07-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Hi Laura,
I guess you did scare them away! LOL
I am new here. I just started my third week on Atkins. Things are going well so far. But I've been on a zillion diets. Gotta make it work for the long haul this time.

I love the smilies that you use! I was reading the posts about how to put them in and had the same trouble the other did. I couldnt paste them in. But I have figured out that I needed to change the settings here, and now I can! Thanks for giving me the idea of doing it.
http://www.barricksinsurance.com/smileys/062802jumpie_prv.gif

callystia
07-09-2007, 12:48 AM
*peeks in and grins at Laura* I ain't skeered o' you! ;)

Puncezilla
07-09-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm still here too, just had a buisy weekend.
Laura, good for you getting right back on track as well. I dont know why we let food have such power over us emotionaly. I also find myself using food to deal with stress, lonliness, boredome, and depression. its a hard thing to break free of. And the guilt sure doesnt do us any good.

Welcome bluebirdlu!

Laura G
07-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Glad to see everyone back!

:welcome: BluebirdLu! You'll find absolutley amazing support on here. Everyone here is rooting for each other to be successful, and we all understand the dieting process of on again off again. If you are truly committed to yourself, this journey is absolutely possible! I can't take the credit for the smilies though, I love seeing them in everyone's posts, they make me smile.

I confess, Ive been MIA for a while. I lost my job last week, hence the depression, but I started a new one. I've been training pretty hard this week, since the lady I'm replacing is done on Friday - I have a lot to learn in a little time! The position is actually 2 jobs - I dispatch for a towing company, but I also do the paperwork for the automotive repair shop that the towing company is based out of. It's a pretty busy job. There is a wicked set of stairs which I've learned that I need to climb about 10 times a day - I try to get everything gathered up in order to make each trip up and down worth it. I can see my butt getting smaller already!:faint:

Well that's it for now - can't be late. I will check in again tonight at some point. I hope everyone is going fantastic.

Thanks for not abandoning this thread!

Puncezilla
07-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Congrats on the new Job! I'm glad you’re still with us. Stair climbing is awesome exercise.
I'm doing good, sticking to my plan. I recently joined a site called facebook, I have found a lot of old friends, from highschool and even elementary school are on there, and I love reconnecting with friends I haven’t seen in years. But I am to embarrassed to post pics of myself, I have gained so much weight since they have seen me (not that I was ever really skinny). So I've been feeling a lot of shame and anger at myself. Why do I have to feel this way just because I’ve gained weight? They're my friends, they're not perfect either. I know I don’t judge them, and I know they are good people and wouldn't care about the weight gain, so why do I care so much. I shouldn’t let the extra weight make me so depressed and ashamed. I hide so no one can see me. I would love be able to go back to my home town to see some of them again, But am to ashamed of myself.
I am behind on my august goal as I have been having some trouble staying motivated, I don't see myself as being as fat as I am so when I see pictures of me I get very depressed.
I'm so glad I have you all to come whine to.

I hope you're all doing well.:hug:

Laura G
07-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Puncezilla - Whine away girlfriend, it's why we're here. I wish I had something useful to say to you. I completely understand what you mean about being embarrassed to show yourself to your old firends. I could give you the canned advice - "those who are truly your friends won't care what you look like, they will just be so glad to see you" and "they've all changed too, no one is perfect" etc., but you already know all this stuff. Right now, the most important thing is your well being and peace of mind.If you are truly too embarrassed to show yourself, don't. Try to use those feelings for something good. Use it as another point of motivation when you are lacking - but don't dwell on the negative side. Depression is very difficult to face. I hope you have a strong network of friends around you (not just 3fc) to help you get through this.

You said that pictures of yourself don't make you feel very good. I would like to suggest that maybe it's not you, but the camera/photographer. give yourself a new non-food reward - book an appointment with a professional photographer. Tell him you are looking for a picture that emphasizes your features, not your weight. Photographers have seen it all. They have little tricks of the trade to make you look your best. Don't get a glam shot - they look too forced and posed, and like you are trying to hide something - ask for a natural, funky style pose that emphasizes all your goodness. If you like the picture of yourself, use it. Examine it, and build yourself up with it. Get a new shot - same photographer - every 20 lbs. tell him what you loved or hated about the last shot. Just learn to start loving yourself. Sometimes we avoid looking at ourselves - in the mirror, or in bad pictures, but you have to understand that people see more than just the physical stuff when they look at you. Your personality colours how people see you - what looks like a wrinkle to you may look like a laugh line to someone else, who then starts to think about how funny and easy going you are, and remembers all the good memories about you - physical looks are very fleeting when you see someone. Don't beleive me? Find your best friend. Sure you know what she looks like, but when was the last time you spent time looking at her? Notice how you do it to other people - how easy it is to forget how they look, and how easy it is remember how you feel with them. Once you understand what you do when you see someone, remember that they do the exact same thing without realizing it. We only really judge someone based on physical attributes the first time we see them - strangers walking in the mall, being introduced to a new someone at a party etc. Don't post a pic until you find one that makes you happy to look at. Your friends at facebook will understand.

I hope this helps you. PLease keep up all the good work. Please remeber to love yourself and who you are - remember, you are more than just a reflection in a mirror or picture.
My thoughts and love go with you.:hug::val3:

Puncezilla
07-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks Laura, I know you’re right. sometimes I just get in these little black moods. I know other people who are heavier than me that I love, and I think they’re beautiful, so I shouldn’t hate myself for the same reason. My sister is a photographer so I'm going to ask her to take some pics of me and DH next time she is here. and hopefully in a few months I will feel confident enough to go visit my friends.
I think you are adorable be the way, and obviously a wonderful person.

Laura G
08-29-2007, 11:23 AM
I've been away for quite a while - some of it was vacation, the rest of it just plain old feeling down. I'm sorry if I left you hanging.
I am still interested in a daily check in, if you are.

Puncezilla - I just read your last post - thank you very much. It makes me feel good to know that maybe I can help someone else feel better about themselves.

Well, I hope someone is still here.

Puncezilla
08-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Hi Laura, I'm glad your back!
I just got back yesterday, from three weeks of visiting with family out of town. I havent weighed myself yet but I'm sure I'v gained. I'v been very bad with my eating. So I'm starting over once again. My body is so sick off all the junk I'v been eating. I'll be going shoppping for my induction foods tonight, so I'll be ready to go tomorrow. I havent caught up yet with all the new threads. stick around Laura I missed you.

Laura G
08-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Puncezilla - I missed you too. I hope you didn't do too much damage to yourself. I also hope you enjoyed the heck out of your vacation.

I've posted my Sept goal as a loss of 8 lbs. Time to get serious again.
I'm finding it very difficult to stay on induction - I know it's easier after the first two days, but I'm having trouble getting past even 1 day.
Oh well, I'll just keep plugging away. :kickcan:

Puncezilla
09-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Yess, first few days are so hard! I wasn't 100% yet yesterday, kind'a easing my way into it. I did go for a 45min walk though, I'm thinking about trying to run for a few minutes at a time durring my walks to get my heart rate up.
I gained about 6 lbs over my holiday, binging on carbs and junk. back to 199lbs this morning. I dont know why I do this to myself. I have such a hard time staying focused and jump at any excuse to go off plan.
So Im having trouble setting a sept. goal (I didnt make my Aug. goal, and have been pretty depressed about it) I think I'll just concentrate on staying OP for the whole month. And getting more exercise.

aud
09-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Hiya Puncie & laura!:hug:

I've sooo been where you two seem to be on the committment to lc wol . . . I'd always think - oh, I've got to plan better - or get some "clean" proteins in the cupboard b4 I can "really do it."

Not sure wasssuuup with this time around for me . . . I had NONE of the basics in the cupboard and no burning bushes to enlighten and show me the way - ;):dizzy: - just stumbled my way back here and stumbled back into the wol that I KNOW makes me feel the best I can feel, ya know?

One thought that has helped me this time around was that "aud - you can eat until you are full - no matter how MUCH that takes - IF it's OP" - I have stuffed myself at gas stations with pork rinds & sour cream - salami's - pepperoni's - pickled eggs - you name it! I've fried whole packs of bacon and 6 scrambled eggs - I've eaten two eggplants sautteed in butter with provolone & parmesan - ANYTHING just to see if I would still LOSE with this way of thinking.

And I have.

(Stay tuned for my lipid panels next week! LOL!:D)

Guess what I'm saying here in a roundabout rambling way is that both of you sound kind of like you feel "restricted" when you say you're having probs staying committed or making it thru one day of Induction.

The difference for me when I felt like that - was to change my way of looking at the issue and giving myself permission to EAT EAT EAT! Ya know?:?: To not look at it as deprivation - but as a wol that allows me to eat crazy junk at gas stations (this phase doesn't last long BTW!;)) - or 2nd and 3rd helpings of yummy Eggplat Parmesan or Pork Steaks etc . . . and the weight STILL falls off. And the energy level STILL skyrockets.

With this skyrocketing energy - I'm able to keep up with the exercise challenges - coming here helps so much too - especially with my water intake friends that remind me to get that water going.

Hope my experiences help - just jumped in here 'cause I hate to "hear" you sound down!:hug: You can do this . . . really.

Laura G
09-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Aud - Thanks very much for your insight. You're right, I lose sight of the fact that I can EAT - I keep concentrating on the stuff I "can't" have.

Puncezilla - 6 lbs is very recoverable. BTW, you have set a Sept goal - staying OP - very commendable. I have learned that goals don't necessarily have to be pound related! I actually think your goal will be more difficult than mine - I'm not putting any limits as to how I lose the 8 lbs.

I think someone is out to get me - I've been trying to exercise the last little while - when I got back from vacation I started to ride my bike into work again - would you believe the first day I lost a pedal?! It flew straight out in front of the bike, so of course I ran it over. Very embarrassing to call my work (towing company) and ask them for a "tow" in. They laughed for a long time about having to tow in a bicycle. At least they didn't charge me! :D Once they stopped laughing, one of the mechanics was able to fix it for me. So, for the long weekend I had plans on walking every day - would you believe I broke a toe yesterday? Very painful - so I guess instead of walking, I'll bike ride instead - at least then I can baby my toes.
I was invited to go swimming today - I think I'll pass - with my luck I'll get sucked into drain or something! :dizzy:

Hope everyone is doing well. Talk at you tomorrow!

Puncezilla
09-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Your right Aud, I'v had issues with feeling deprived ever sice I was diagnosed with cilliacs (as a teenager) I should be over it by now, I never could stick to that diet for more than 6 monthes even though I get sick when I go off it. I do need to change my focus to what great foods I can eat. I still feel guilty if I eat to much, even if it is all OP. old habits die hard I guess, something to work on. At least today I'm craving tuna salad instead of Icecream.

Laura, sorry about your bike fiasco. HeeHee.. Its great that you can bike to work, what a good workout. How did you break a toe? I'm always bashing mine on my coffee table but haven't broke one yet, That must feel good.
At least you can laugh at your self.

I'm back down 3 lbs today, losing the water wieght I put on over my holliday. What a relief.

have a nice day, we can do it!

Laura G
09-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Puncezilla - yeah, it was on my coffee table - but not in the usual stub toe manner. I was sitting on the couch with my foot tucked under my leg. My foot was falling asleep, so I went to switch legs, but I guess I had gone so long with no circulation I had no major muscle control,. My leg spasmed straight out and into the hardware on the drawer of my coffee table. Of course my toes were freezing from not having any circulation, so it took about 60 seconds for the pain to register. Ouch, dammit!

Oh well, I've been a klutz since birth, it's just one more scar for the coroner to find! :D

I'm so glad to hear about your loss. (Wait a minute, that sounds funny?!) I've been doing the one week at a time average - so tomorrow I'll post with the results. It won't be huge this week, since really today is only my second day OP, but every little bit helps.

Hope you (and everyone else) is well.

Keep on trucking! (I'll keep toe-ing! groan...)

Puncezilla
09-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Sorry I was'nt here for day or two. I hope your toe is feeling better :D.
I'v been a little extra depressed this week, I cant seem to get myself out of bed to do anything, and had a bit of a carb binge yesterday. I realy need to snap out of it and get back to my plan. I'm starting fresh today (for the 100th time). :( My weights back up to what it was post holliday.

Dancing carrots to cheer me on, :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot:

FitinTime
09-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Punce, you are doing so good! Hang in there Girl, things will get better!
You have come so far on your weight loss, dang I wish I weight 195.
Don't throw it away. I know you won't!
I'm sorry you are feeling depressed, and I hope you do snap out of it. I hope you can find it in you to speak positive about your situation and believe the best will and can happen to you.

We're all here for you, don't you forget that! :hug:

Puncezilla
09-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Thanks Diana, I did feel a lot better today. reading all your encouraging posts realy helps! sometimes I forget how far I've come.
35lbs is awesome. Your diong great, we've lost about the same amount. And You'll be at 195 in no-time!

Laura G
09-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Aud - sorry I missed this :welcome:

Hi Diana - Welcome to the thread! Both of you are great inspiration - 35 lbs is no joke - I'm looking forward to being able to say that!

Puncezilla: Let's do it girl! Depression is very hard to overcome - are you on meds? I am, I admit. They sure do help! They tend to slow down weight loss, but at least they help me cope with the slow progress! Besides, I feel that if I wasn't on them the loss would be even slower - since I'd be binging and cheating every time I felt bad, leading me to feel worse, heading towards eating more...etc. You get the picture. Please talk to your doctor - it's nothing to fool around with. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

If the carrots make you feel better, then here we go...
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: :carrot: :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: :carrot: :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
to infinity and beyond!

Anyways, I had promised to post my weight loss last Tuesday: I'm down 1 lb. It's a start, and I can tell this Tuesday will be even better!

We can do this ladies. Everyone here deserves a pat on the back for still being here and still trying. You don't fail until you quit.

DON'T BE A QUITTER!

Puncezilla
09-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Hay Laura, Thanks for the dancers, they always make me smile. and congrats on your loss!
I am not on meds right now, I have been in the past I've tried quite a few different ones. the last one was effexor, it helped for a while and then, I didnt like how I felt on it so after a year or so taking it I quit. I dont feel like I'm depressed often enough to start on it again,(today I feel great) I just have a few days once and a while where I feel realy bad, if it starts to get bad all the time I will try something new. I did gain about 30lbs while I was on it, I just didn't have any motivation to do anything while I was taking it. I also would like to have a baby soon, I'm trying to lose a bit more and get in a little better shape first. And I dont want to be dependant on anything when I get pregnant.
:broc::broc::broc::broc::broc::broc:We can do it!

mrslatte
09-08-2007, 11:04 PM
I am new here and I would love to have someone to check I need a diet buddy for sure:o. I am doing low carb and have lost four pounds but it seems to be creeping off slowly. I am doing daily exercise too. Just working towards getting towards my goal. Really glad I found this site!!!!:carrot:

FitinTime
09-09-2007, 03:48 AM
Hi Ladies!!

Thanks Laura, You will say that you lost 35 lbs, keep going and don't give up!!:cheer:
Hi Punce, how are you doing so far. I'm praying the you'll be yourself in no time!! :hug:

Hi Mrslatte, :welcome3: we're here to motivate and encourage each other to lose weight. Hope to talk to you soon!

Well, Ladies, I went out tonight to Karaoke with my husband, and sisters. It was fun and not a large group. We've been going to this place for the past month or so. When we went, everybody was drinking beer, but I held fast and didn't have any! I even ate a bacon cheeseburger with no bun for dinner there. We came back and did Karaoke at my house afterward and while everyone drank, I didn't. I'm so happy that I didn't. Normally when I'm out some place I would have a few drinks, but I want to lost weight more than get a buzz!

Hence the late post, everyone just left. I just wanted to write and say that I hope everyone is doing great and Let's Lose this weight!!

Don't worry about the past, everyday is a new day to start again from where we left off!! We can do it! :carrot:

Goodnight Everyone!!

Puncezilla
09-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Good mornin'

mrslatte, Welcome to the board. congrats on your loss so far, slow is better than nothing, so stick with it and you'll get there! What kind of plan are you following? I'm doing atkins and it works great for me. This site is awesome, so many wonderfull people.:D

Fit, Way to go passing up the beer, It sounds like you had a good time anyway. If you do want to have a drink, the atkins book allows most hard alcohol as it has no carbs and won't throw you out of ketosis, you will burn the callories from the alcohol first but will go right back to burning fat when they'r gone. (of course not drinking is better) but I think a drink now and then is a good stress reliever if you don't go overboard. Although some people have a harder time staying OP if they've had a drink. anyhooo.. Have a great time at your BBQ!!!

I hope everyone is having a good day so far, I'm still OP and feelin' good. down another lb this morning. I'm on my third day of induction, after taking a month off so I'm re-loseing the 10 I gained back, but it still feels good.:p

FitinTime
09-09-2007, 04:37 PM
:carrot:Alright another pound gone forever Punce, that is great!:carrot:
I'm happy for you and I know you'll keep going down with your weight!

I didn't know that the allowable alcohol doesn't throw us out of ketosis? Wow, that's good to know!

Thanks!!!
You all have a great day and I'll talk to you later!

Puncezilla
09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Day 4 and still goin' strong, finaly back to my ticker weight (still 4lbs up from pre-holliday weight) Yay!
I hope everyone else had a good weekend!

Laura G
09-10-2007, 05:21 PM
mrslatte: Welcome! 4 lbs is a great start. It sounds like you are on the right track - exercise is key. We are glad to have you join us.

Puncezilla - way to go! the next four will be a breeze!

Fitin Time: Congrats on your victory!

Guys, I'm all out of cheer today. I got on the scale this morning - from yesterday morning I gained 10 lbs. How is that even physically possible?!

I did housework all day - mowed lawn, did dishes, laundry, sweeping, mopping, etc - I even moved furniture around! I had 2 cups of coffee with cream only, I drank my 2L of water, and I ate a salad for lunch with veggie stir fry for supper! It blows my mind - I did so well yesterday to find a huge gain!

Maybe it's TOM - I never know since I only get mine once every 6 months or so, but overnight?

Arrgh. Someone help explain it to me. I'm hanging on for tomorrow....

slimmingsi
09-10-2007, 06:09 PM
pass could be water retention, due to TOM or to much salt. coupled probably with an inaccurate scale reading i usually take 3 readings for my weigh in. also make sure you reset the scale each time and place it on a flat surface. i used to get major fluctuations in weight until i figured out that one part of the scale was on the edge of tile.

Puncezilla
09-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Laura, sorry about your weigh in. it is impossible to gain 10lbs of fat overnight, so if your scale is accurate (which I'd doubt) then its just water. If I move my scale even a little bit I get different readings every time. so I dont trust it 100% If I gain, I wait at least 3 days before counting it, so even though I weigh every morning I dont get too discouraged by the fluctuations. hang in there I'm sure it'll be back to normal agian soon.

FitinTime
09-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I agree Laura, don't get discouraged about that. I wouldn't doubt if it disappeared by tomorrow.
You're gonna do good and be okay!!! :hug:

Keep going on you woe and your gonna lose!!! :carrot:

Have a good evening All!

Laura G
09-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the encouragement. I said I was hanging on for tomorrow - so here it is. The scale wasn't wrong, I'm even up another pound. :mad:

But, I still go by my weekely average, so I feel justified to move my ticker down to my average of 291. (Now I have 7 days to get it back down those 11 lbs again, and keep my ticker where it is)

I have been feeling very angry lately, so I signed up for a mixed martial arts class at the gym to work out my frustration. My husband used to go years ago, and he loved it, so we are going to make it our exercise time. I went on my own last night to see if it is what I want to do - I had a ball! We do an hour of drills - cardio and weights, and then another hour of technique and skill learning. What a blast! I was sweating like a pig and loving every minute of it. It hardly even felt like I was doing structured exercise. I can't wait for Wednesday when hubby comes with me - I want to show him the punches I've learned. We could go every night if we wanted, they alternate between standing work and ground work - for now we are just going for the standing nights - Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I'm too big to be comfortable wrestling with people on the floor. Finally I feel like I have an outlet.

Well, I hope everyone is doing fine, and accomplishing their goals.
Again, thanks for your kind words - I really hope it is just water/TOM.

Slimmingsi - welcome aboard! Good to have you here. Thanks for the heads up about the scale!

Puncezilla
09-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Laura, The martial arts sounds awesome, thats so cool that your DH is going with you. I dont know if I would feel comfortable in one of those classes, but if I could get DH to go it would be fun!
Sticking with your average is a good idea! You would have to eat over 35,000 extra calories to gain that much fat in one night. So at least most of it has to be water. Hang in there! :hug:

:carrot:My day is going good so far, day 5 100% OP. Yay. Feeling so much better already.

FitinTime
09-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Laura- How fun that sounds! I want to do that too, I can just imagine doing that. I was wondering if you have been stressing about anything. I know they say stress can cause our bodies to do crazy things.
Just keep up this work out, I thinks it's great!!
Good Job!

Hey Punce- I'm glad that your feeling good, it shows too! Hang in there, you're doing great!!!

Hope all you Ladies are doing the same, hang in there too and we'll meet our goals!!!

Talk to you later

Laura G
09-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Hello!
I've been out of commission with a migriane for 3 days now. I'm up a total of 16 lbs now - which the doctor agrees is probably water, and gee, water retention can cause migraines.... I was hospitalized last year for a month with what they thought was meningitis, but now they think is fluid build up on the brain - either way, the retention and the headaches are not good.

So, I feel bad about the weight gain, and I haven't been to the martial arts class since last Monday. I'll go back this Monday, come **** or highwater. I'll move my ticker up on Tuesday, and start with a fresh new attitude.

I hope everyone has been doing well, and meeting their goals. Talk with you all tomorrow.

Puncezilla
09-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi laura, sorry to hear about the migraine, I hope your feeling better soon!
Did he give you anythig to help with the water retention? There must be something you can do.
I'm on atkins and it sort of acts as a diuretic, and I lose all the water I'm carying around right away.

I'm still losing and regaining the same 2lbs, no real loss this week at all.

Laura G
09-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Today is better than yesterday. No the doctor didn't give me anything - he thinks I need to be on a blood pressure medication with a water pill - when my GP has told me time and again my BP is normal, and I should not be on the meds. I wish they could get it together.

I'm on Atkins, I was on it when I gained the water, so I don't know what's going on. I'm sticking with it, maybe I'll cut back on carbs even more - back to induction maybe?

Thanks for the advice.

It sounds like you need to shake up your routine a little if you keep yoyo-ing those two pounds. Maybe change your cardio workout a little - bike or swim instead of walking...or whatever.

Anyways, stick with it. They will come off for good soon.

all the best in your success!

angihali
09-16-2007, 04:54 AM
Good morning/afternoon everyone. May I join you? I have just restarted Atkins. This is day 10 of the induction for me.

Laura, I can relate with the gain and it being a bit discouraging, but you are right it may be a water gain. I felt very frustrated this week, because I made it through week one and stuck to the plan. I was losing what seemed to be atleast a pound a day and then the last two days of the week, I gained. What made me more frustrated was those last two days that I gained I had started cardio exercising again too. My keytone do show that I am in keytosis, so I should be burning fat. I suppose the good news was that I did have a total loss of 3.8 lbs for the week, all in all. I just wanted to see a bigger loss, since the first time I ever did Atkins I lost more in my fisrt week. Hey, I guess I will take the 3.8 lbs, but I better loose more this week.

No worries I will stay good. I may wind up staying on the induction phase an extra week though. I will have to see.

Laura G
09-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Angihali: :welcome: Of course you may join us - the more the merrier! Don't be discouraged at the gain - it is probably muscle mass, or maybe TOM? Keep up the good work with the cardio - it's about your health, not just losing the weight.
There is nothing wrong with doing induction for an extra week - congratulations on making it this many days! If I remember correctly, in the book, Dr. Atkins says some people stay on Induction until they only have a "little" weight left to lose, before they move on to retraining their bodies in the OWL phase. For some, the CCL is only 25 g anyways! The important part is to stay in ketosis, exercise, and drink plenty of water!
Remeber, if it's been a while since you last did Atkins, your body has gotten older, slowed down some, or maybe it just wasn't the same "Shock" as it was the first time. Focus on the loss you did have, how good the diet makes you feel, and all the positive things you are doing for yourself.

Punce - just a shout out to see how you are doing! Don't be discouraged - we can do this! :carrot: :wave: :cb:

To everyone else out there, :hug:

angihali
09-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Still the same today no budge in the scale. Ketones are still good though. I know I should not weigh everyday, but this also keeps me in check too. My weight has not budged in 4 days. I'm not sure about TOM, I had a hysterectomy 11 years ago, but did keep my ovaries, so I do not take any hormones. I just turned 41 last month, so my age will make it harder to loose. They say loosing after 40 is hard. Im sticking to plan. I did have one diet coke a day for my first 5 days and I occasionally drank a cup of coffee with caffiene (but not everyday).. I have had no diet cokes for 5 days now and I am sticking only to decaf coffee and water. I can not see that really being my culprit though, since I am still in a good ketosis. Hopefully this will help.

Puncezilla
09-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi.

Welcome angihali.

I'm up another 2lbs again, and getting frustrated. Don't realy feel like chatting much, I think I should go back to bed before I start eating junk to make myself feel better.

Hang in there, we can do this !

FitinTime
09-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi Ladies,

Hey Punce, don't be so down about that. Listen, I'm still going back and forth with those 2 lbs, even after doing protein and fats over the weekend.
Actually when I put my scale in different parts my kitchen floor, and weighed myself, it showed different numbers!?

So then I start getting down and upset that I want to just cheat like crazy and eat a hamburger, fries and whatever else I want. What the heck, right!
Well, then something inside me say's no don't do it, you've come so far and now your going to blow if for one day because you're mad?!
That's when I stopped and realized how much progress I've made since April, even though I'm not where I want to be, thank God I'm not where I'm at!

So ease up on yourself Punce, and everyone else, we're all in the same boat here and we'll get through this together!!!
I'm serious, if it were not for you all, I probably would be cheating all the time, but I feel a accoutablilty with you all.

We're all going to lose we've just hit a snag, we'll be on our way in no time!

Keep your chin up girls!! :grouphug:

angihali
09-18-2007, 04:58 AM
Good morning everyone. Well the scale still is not budging. I was actually up .4 oz this morning. I want my numbers to go the opposite way, not up! Today is day 12 of the induction for me and now I have lost a total of less then 3 lbs for the past 12 days! I am staying on plan eating only what I am allowed during the induction period. My ketones are still in the 2++ zone, but my weight does not want to move. My clothes are not getting looser either. They are still exactly the same, so I have not lost any inches either. If I was loosing inches I would not be so upset.

FitinTime
09-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi Angihali, :hug:

Don't worry or give up, those scales will move for you soon.
Are you drinking your water, that's really important, tons of it infact.
Check the foods you're eating too, make sure they're no hidden carbs or sugars in them.
Hang in there, I'm sure you're gonna have a big whooosh here soon!
Keep pressing on and moving forward. If possible, try not to step on the scale too much either, I know how that is and it can get pretty discouraging.
But don't be, stay encouraged, it will happen!!!!

Puncezilla
09-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the positive attitude, Diana. My scale changes if I move it too.

angihali, are you following the induction food list from the website or the book? I'v heard the website allows foods that are not on the list in the book, like the bars and shakes and things like lowcarb bread. If you are still in ketosis you must be doing ok. Hang in there.

I mannaged to avoid the junk food yesterday. went up another .5 today, I'm hoping its just TOM.

Laura G
09-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Hello Ladies!

Remeber when I said I gained all that weight overnight? Well, it's one week later and I've lost it all again! So don't give up - if I had cheated and let myself get so discouraged that I went off plan, I never would have lost that weight.

Angihali - measuring or counting a change of less than 1/2 lbs is obsessive. Those 4 oz could be because you were holding your breath! I also weigh everyday - sometimes more than once a day - I can't help it - it's my addiction. However, I realized I was killing my chances of weight loss when I obsessed - so I still weigh myself all the time, but I write down only the first weigh in in the morning. I keep a log for the week, and then I average my weight. My average is what I count, and it's how I measure my degree of success.

I say "my degree of success", because no matter what happens,

I AM NOT A FAILURE!

Ladies - as long as we keep trying, we are all winners. And Fitin Time is so right - if we keep together we can do this. I would probably be cheating if it wasn't for you guys.

We all know how to do Atkins:

1. low carb - and actually count them, don't just guess an estimate

2. drink water - tons of it! your metabolism slows down by 3% when you are dehydrated! Water helps to mobilize and flush fat and toxins out of our systems.

3. exercise - it also bumps up your metabolism - remeber muscle weighs more than fat, and a pound of muscle burns calories even when at rest.

4. if you are doing all that, maybe you need to look at what meds you're on - Dr. Atkins pointed out in his book that several types of meds slow down weight loss - for example my antidepressants.

Stick with it ladies - we know it works when we work it.

Also, we all need to learn to forgive ourselves. If someone were to hurt us, we would forgive them right? Why can't we treat ourselves as well as we treat others? There was an excellent article in Good Housekeeping last March entitled "You say you want to change?" on page 117. Read it! I recommend everyone who ever tried to diet read it. It's all about forgiving yourself, ways of dealing with a backslide, and how to move on. You should be able to access the article at GOODHOUSEKEEPING.COM We owe it to ourselves to read it, and put the advice into everyday practise!

I love each and every one of you. It really hurts to see that we are all down on ourselves. Let's get thru this - don't look back, you can't change the past. Work on improving your future - that's where we have control.

I'll get off my soap box now. Please everyone, keep trying. We can do this.

FitinTime
09-18-2007, 06:10 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
YEAHH LAURA!!!!!

I knew it was coming off!! I'm so happy for you, and I'm so glad you didn't give up. Our bodies are so weird, it's hard to figure out why and what goes on with them sometimes. But what a happy end to your day!

This is what it's all about, sticking together and keeping each other encouraged! Like you said too!
I'm so proud of you for hanging in there Laura WTG!!!:hug:

Laura G
09-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks Diana - I really do feel good about it. I was just checking out the 300+ board, and came across the post magic numbers - it's where you write down all your mini goals, numbers to shoot for, etc. Check it out! It made me realize that I am down 50lbs from my all time heaviest! What a kick in the pants that was! Yahoo. If I can figure out how to copy my post, I will bring it over here so we can do it together!

Laura G
09-18-2007, 06:26 PM
It's called magic numbers - borowed from the 300+ board, who borrowed it from the 100 board...

Great idea!

336 - highest weight
309 - started 3fc
299- out of 300's
292 - plateau weight #1
286 - 50 lbs lost wow - I've reached this one!!!
275 - mini goal
261 - 75 lbs gone forever
243 - 93 lbs lost - half way to goal!
240 - plateau weight #2
236 - 100 lbs lost
199 - onederland!
186 - 150 lbs gone
180 - plateau weight #3
150 - goal!

FitinTime
09-18-2007, 07:10 PM
That's a good idea, Laura. I may have to do that too. You lost more than I have. Hey Girl, how'd ya do that!!!;)

I'm gonna post something like that here to when I get my figures down.

Puncezilla
09-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Way to stick it out! I knew it would come right back off. 50lbs is great! If you'v lost 50 once you can lose it twice, thats what I keep telling myself. I know it works, if it worked for the first 30, it'll work for the next 30. I have to keep reminding myself how far I'v come. Giving up now would just be madness.

Laura G
09-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Just checking in with everyone - hope you all are doing fine and OP

I am well. It is now my sixth day strictly OP. Had a bad moment today - almost made a bad choice, but kept to it. It's day 8 with a migraine for me, the doctors have no clue what's going on. I'm too young for menopause, but aren't migraines one of the possible side effects? I'm going to ask at my next doctor appointment - maybe all this fat and IR has aged my insides - my plumbing has never worked properly, so what's the point of keeping faulty pipes? Touchy subject - and I'm just venting/rambling.

Well, I miss everyone - so I am going to ask each of you to check in...\

Puncezilla: how are you? How are you progressing toward your goal? Even if you aren't 100% OP, keep track of how many days you are! That should help bolster your confidence!

Fitin Time: how are you doing? Are you staying OP, and exercising? I hope all your loved ones are supporting you and encouraging you.

Angihali: how goes it? Are you drinking your water? Are your strips still showing positive things? Don't give up - we are here for you!

I hope everyone is still determined to make themselves healthier. Keep in touch. Don't let slip ups stop you from coming here - we love you just the way you are, and we have all been there. Let's not go this alone!

Puncezilla
09-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Hey Laura, glad you checked in. I hope they figure out whats causing the migraines soon, that sucks. Way to go staying OP through all of this. Come vent whenever you need to, we're here for ya.

I was down a lb this morning so things are finaly moving in the right direction again, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it continues going down this time. I'v been strictly OP for about 5 days now, so glad I didn't give in and eat junk.

Laura G
09-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Punce - Congratulations on being down a pound! Good for you for sticking to the program! :carrot::carrot::carrot::hug:
You're coming up to the halfway point! Good for you!
BTW, thanks for still being here!

I'm down some more, but I will post my average on Tuesday and move my ticker then.

Sending :hug:'s to everyone!

FitinTime
09-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah Punce!!:carrot::carrot: I smell progress in the air!!

Hi Laura,
I'm doing good thanks for asking! I'm just a little on the stall side, but not worry, I'll be pushing 200 in no time!!

I hope those migraines go away soon, I can't imagine how painful that is for you. I'll say a prayer for you tonight!!!

Take care and talk to you later!!

Laura G
09-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Sorry everyone - I missed my regular Tuesday post with my ticker change - so here it is...

I'm at 283! (down 3lbs)

Yay me! :dance::dancer::yay:

This is my lowest weight in over 10 years - I'm back in my "less fat" jeans! :woohoo:

I hope everyone is keeping OP and doing GREAT! We all know we can do this. Let's go!:cheer2::cheer:

Sorry - I went smiley happy/overboard!

FitinTime
09-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Hey Laura WTG :bravo:

That is great, so happy for you! I know you'll be reaching your goal before too long. Keep it up, whatever you're doing!!!:cp::woohoo::cheer2:

I'm hoping to have a big whoosh here too soon.

Take care!

Laura G
09-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Fitin Time - Thanks! I know soon all your processes will come together and the weight will start to melt off! Keep up your great efforts!

I hope Punce is enjoying her vacation!

A confession - I went off plan yesterday and today. I am hoping to regain control here this evening! My weight will be up, but life will continue and I will get it off again.

FitinTime
09-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Oh Yeah, life does go on, and we can get right back on this woe easily!!
I actually had a glass of wine today for lunch. MY husband got home from work early and we went out for lunch, so I just decided to have a glass.
Thank God, I can get back on this woe easy again.
I hope you have a good weekend Laura! And don't worry about anything, you come this far, you'll get even farther too!

Have a good weekend and I'll talk to you later!

Love Ya, :hug:
Diana

Laura G
10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Whew - thank goodness my cheatin' days are over! I KILLED my diet this weekend, oops. But going strong again today and now I know definitely how much it is not worth it - almost 2 months of being good destroyed in one weekend. I am going to go to the gym 4 times a week this month in order to get this weight back off again.

Hope everyone else is better!
Will post weight tomorrow and move ticker.

FitinTime
10-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi Laura!

Don't worry about it, I got off plan on Friday. I had 4 glasses of wine, 3 chocolate chip cookies and 1 lc sf ice cream bar. But on Saturday I got right back on it. You will do the same!
And good for you on joining a gym! That's great!!:carrot:

Hang there, you're gonna see some progress soon Laura, don't give up!!!

Kisses & Hugs!!!
:hug:

Puncezilla
10-02-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm back, and back to square 1. Had a fairly bad week food-wise. But I expected that, so moving on. Hope to re-lose that same 5lbs yet again, by the end of the week.
I had a good time with the familly though, and probably don't get to go out there again for a while, maybee Christmas if DH gets some time off then. My nephew turned 5 on sept 24, so we had a birthday party for him.

Don't let the little slip-ups get you down. We've all come so far already!
Like you said before Diana, I also have to keep reminding myself that I may not be getting where I want to be as fast as I hoped, but at least I'm not where I was.
Way to go with the exercise Laura! I must admit my exercise is severly lacking, could be partly why I havent been staying OP and losing. Keep it up!

Laura G
10-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Hey everyone - it's time for my Tuesday ticker move - up 5 lbs to 288. I kind of expected it, and it could be worse, so I'm not too bummed out.

Welcome back Puncezilla! Hope you enjoyed yourself on your holiday. Don't worry, we'll lose these darn 5lbs together!

Thanks Diana - I appreciate the support.

The gym I signed up for is for mixed martial arts classes - think UFC. I love it! And what a workout. I am going to go 4x a week, even if it kills me! We do 1 hr of cardio and weights, and then 1 hour of fight techniques. It's great. Where else can I go to beat up on and wrestle with a bunch of half naked men?;)

Keep truckin' ladies. :hug:

FitinTime
10-02-2007, 08:07 PM
LOL! Laura on what you said about beating up and wrestle have naked guys!
That's some good motivation isn't it? Take out frustration and things like that. You go Girl!!!!

Hey Punce! Yep will all get there and meet our goal! This exercising isn't easy, but boy will we feel good down the road!
It seemed like you were gone along time. I kept looking for your posts, lol and then remembered you were gone. Glad your back!

We'll all hang tough Ladies and meet our goals!

Have a great evening!

Shy Moment
10-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Larua
Oh I feel so bad for you, clear down to my little toes. I live with migraines. Unless someone has had one for a month like I have, they really have no idea how crazy they can make you. Some things work for some people some things for others. I have never really found anything that works for me each time. Even the meds don't work all the time. I have had these all my life. So, could be many reasons. I do know they run in the family my son gets them too.

Laura G
10-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Shy - Thanks for the commiseration. They really do suck, but hey, when I get it figured out, life will be much sweeter. My mom used to get them, but she said they went away overnight when she left my dad... I'm pretty sure my migraines are not from my marriage. ;)

Diana - you bet your booty it's motivation - especially since most of the guys have been there a long time and are already "FIT". They are definitely not shy either - They have no problems putting their jock straps on in front of me... I'm still blushing! :o

Punce - how's it going? Getting back OP? Remember how good you feel without all those carbs in your system?

Shy Moment
10-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Laura
Oh I like that word commiseration. I haven't heard it in years except when I use it.

Puncezilla
10-03-2007, 01:45 PM
We do 1 hr of cardio and weights, and then 1 hour of fight techniques. It's great. Where else can I go to beat up on and wrestle with a bunch of half naked men?;)

Thats awesome Laura! My DH LOVES UFC. What kind of place is it you go to? I think My DH would work out with me if it was something like that. And I'd love the opportunity to beat on him:lol:.

Thanks for the welcome back Fit, I missed you guys too. :hug:

Hi, shy moment.:wave:

I did manage to go for a walk yesterday, and I do feel so good when I exercise! I posted in the exercise thread for a little extra motivation.
My goal for this month is the same as last month, plus at least 4 days of some kind of exercise.

Lets go for it :woohoo:

Puncezilla
10-03-2007, 01:50 PM
I type so slow you both snuck in in front of me!

They have no problems putting their jock straps on in front of me... I'm still blushing! :o

:devil: Now I realy want to join !

I'm back OP, felt a little crappy yesterday from withdrawels (and I have a cold to top it of) but I'm back on track.

FitinTime
10-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi Gang!

I wanted to let you know that I lost 1 lb! Thanks for the support!!

Shy Moment
10-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Fitintime
WAY TO GO. Can't wait to see you post that again.

FitinTime
10-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks Shy, I've been waiting for this for a long time!! I think the exercising is actually helping. Who would have thunk? Duh! LOL

Shy Moment
10-04-2007, 01:55 AM
I have finaly added a walking video to my day for the last 3 weeks.

Puncezilla
10-04-2007, 02:33 AM
Congrats FIT!!!! :broc: :cheer: :dancer: :flow2: :cp: :carrot: :bunny2:Way to go!!

FitinTime
10-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks Punce!
It has been a long time too! Well, before my last lb I lost that was on 9/3, I hadn't lost anything since July.
I don't care if I lose slow as long as I lose! LOL

You're next!!!!

Laura G
10-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Fitin Time - Way to go - watch them melt off now! :woo:

Shy - Good for you - exercise is a great commitment. Find something you enjoy and stick with it! :exercise:

Punce - Congrats on being back OP! I just joined a local gym called Iron Circle - the teacher is a local man who competes. It's very cool. I know I am working out, cause I definitely feel it, but I really don't think of it as exercise - it's way too fun to be good for me... ;)

Well, my goal for the month is at least 16 days of going to the MMA class, and I am trying to get back OP - I went off last weekend, and I thought I would be able to get on again, but so far it is so hard. I just need to recommit to myself.

Puncezilla
10-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Laura , Getting back on Plan after going off is so hard, but you can do it.
It usualy takes me a few days to get back 100%, I'v been having yogurt and nuts avery day since I got back so realy not 100% but thats gone now so I just wont buy any more.
3 more lbs to go back to my ticker wieght.

it's way too fun to be good for me...

Thats the best kind, I need to find something I enjoy that much.

Mrs262
10-04-2007, 11:18 PM
You ladies are such great motivators! I'm currently restarting my diet. I lost 80 lbs my first try with Atkins and foolishly got lazy. I'm now in my second day and this forum is keeping me occupied tonight, lol. Thanks so much!

Puncezilla
10-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Hows it going Laura? Fit?

Welcome mrs262, Glad you found us, this is a great group of supportive Low-carbers! It's always good to have new people.

I didn't have such a good day yesterday, had corn with dinner, and some frozen strawberries (sweetened) after and some nuts. Not totaly out of controle but definately Off-plan. Feeling a sory for myself being sick and used it as excuse to eat bad. Doing better today, trying to move forward.
didn't get my exercise yesterday either, same reason. At least mannaged to get some rest, so hopfully will be over this stupid cold soon.

:carrot:

Laura G
10-05-2007, 06:31 PM
MRS262 - like Puncezilla said, :welcome: Great to have you aboard - it is very reassuring to have someone here who has done this program and is coming back to it!

Puncie - I'd settle for even being 10% OP - I just can't seem to get my "want" back. I just need to buckle down... sigh.

Fit - where you at girl?

Shy - how's it going?

Keep up your good work ladies!

FitinTime
10-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi Laura, Punce, Shy! And :wel3fc: MRS262!!!

I have short days at work on Friday and I got bombarded! So I didn't get a chance to post as much as I wanted to earlier.
Other than that, I'm doing good, happy it's Friday!! :carrot:

How are you all doing today, everybody try to stay on plan? Well, tomorrow is another day, no sweat!!

I'm happy I don't have to cook tonight, DH is going to order a pizza for himself and I'm having a Taco bake.

Well, I'm off to check out the other girls and then exercise. I'll check with you all tomorrow!

Have a great night!

Puncezilla
10-07-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm finaly back below my ticker weight (194.5) this morning. I ate SO much yesterday, I thought No way its gonna move. but it did. Yay.

Hang in there Laura, you'll get back on track. I sometimes have to ease my way back on.

Fit, How's your weekend going? I hope your having a good one.

FitinTime
10-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Hey, Way to go Punce!!! That is awesome! I really happy for you! :carrot::carrot:
How's your weekend going to so far. I didn't have too much planned, I usually do my cooking for the week. MY husband bbq's a lot of meats so all I have to do is heat things up and make a veggie or salad. It seems by the time I get home, it's getting late already and I don't like eating late.
So that really helps!

Hi Laura, how are you! How's your weekend going for you, are you working hard to today or just taking it easy? For me it's a lazy day, I try not to do too much on Sunday's unless I absolutely have too. I'm slow cooking a roast right now, another meal to add to my week. Hope you'll have some good news on your weight loss, I know your time is coming Girl, just hang tough! :hug:

Hi Shy, how's it going for you so far, are you having a good weekend, what's left of it? How's your weight loss going? Hope you'll have some good news soon. Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing! :hug:

Hi MRS262, how are you doing today? Hope your day is going well and that you'll have good weight loss news too soon!

We'll get there, it may take time, but what have we got to do in the meantime? Hang in there Ladies!! :carrot:

mzradie
10-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Hey everyone..I've decided to give Atkins another try. I recently gave up after five days and tried to switch to WW. I realized that was a mistake, so I'm giving it yet another try. I'm getting a bit bored with my food selections so I'm off to look up some snack ideas and recipes.

Hope that everyone has a good week;)

FitinTime
10-09-2007, 08:02 AM
:welcome: mzradie!

Good for you for starting back up again. You'll get the support you need here when you need it.

Try this website, www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes
It has really good recipes, I make alot from this website and I really like them alot. There's even induction foods and menus you can try. Carbs are already totaled. It's just a good guideline to know what to make.

:wave: Hi Laura how are you! Hope you'll have a good day today. Talk to you soon!

:wave: Hi Punce, how are yo doing today. Have a great day too! Talk to you later!

Puncezilla
10-09-2007, 01:50 PM
:welcome2:Welcome mzradie! The first week or two can be hard but I'v discovered this is the only way for me to lose. Good for you trying again!

Fit, How's is going? I tried the link you posted and it wouldn't work. I love cooking on the BBQ. I use it almost everyday in summer, but It's getting cold here already and soon I'll have to start cooking indoors again:dizzy:. Thanks for your encouraging posts!

Laura, Hows it going? I hope your still here:listen:.

FitinTime
10-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh it's just, Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes. The same one we always use, hehe!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

Laura G
10-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Sorry for going MIA there a bit - it was just the Thanksgiving long weekend up here in Canada,so I was out and about doing family type things - needless to say, still not OP. However, god news, I haven't gained anything back. I'm still at 286. Thnak you everyone for checking up on me. I appreciate knowing that you guys are there for support.

Welcome mzradie! Good for you for making the commitment to Atkins again. We can do this!

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and that you are all working hard toward your goal. Don't give up!

Puncezilla
10-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Laura, I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving weekend with your familly! You'll get back OP When you're ready. In the meantime you are maintaining;). I'ts good to pracice maintaining .
How's it going Fit? :wave:

Today I have to go get blood tests for thyriod nothing special just the regular check up. :( I hate needles but can't put it off any longer.
I had a bit of a high carb day yesterday, my DH has been bugging me to make him spagetti so I did. I made it as LC as posible and had mine on asparagus instead of pasta, then I had about 1/2 a cup of PB for desert (not all at once) so I went over my carbs quite a bit. But I'm OK and not letting it get me off track. Normaly any little slip up turns into an excuse to binge.

FitinTime
10-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi Laura! Hi Punce!

Happy Thanksgiving Laura! You did good in maintaining, that's hard to do during the holidays, I'm proud of you!!

Needles Yuck! :mad:
Punce, that is a good idea serving spagetti sauce over aparagus! I'm going to do that too, that just sound so good right now. Have you ever tried those Shirataki noodles. They're supposed to be pretty good. I've tried them, you just have to rinse them really good in cold water and kind of cook them for a little while, then pour your red sauce over them.
Not too shabby. Only 3 carbs per serving or 2 if you subtract fiber.

Hang in there you two, the closer the Holiday's get the harder it's going to be, but we'll make it!!!:carrot:

Puncezilla
10-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Laura, I hope you're still here, let us know how your doing .

FitinTime
10-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi Punce, Hi Laura!

Just wanted to say Hi, and hope you both are doing good today! :hug:

FitinTime
10-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi Laura, Hi Punce!!
How are you 2 doing? Missing you two and I hope everything is okay with you, it's been awhile since you all posted. Getting concerned and hope that nothing is wrong. :hug:

If you all need to vent, rant or talk, I'm here for you!!!! :hug: :hug:

Talk to you soon!
diana

aud
10-22-2007, 05:00 PM
C'mon into this weeks LC Chatter - we do a lot of venting/ranting and most important ENCOURAGING one another!:D

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125053

Laura G
10-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey there - sorry guys. It's been a difficult 2 weeks. Still not OP, the least of my worries. Haven't been to the gym at all this month, the second least of my worries. I'm not much company right now, so I won't bum you all out. I sincerely hope you are doing well on your programs. Will come back strong in a little while. Take care of yourselves!

Puncezilla
10-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Hang in there Laura, sometimes its hard enough to deal with life without dieting, you'll get back on track when you're ready.:hug:

Fit, Aud, :D I'm still here just not doing so good lately and feeling a little anti-social. I'll post in the chat thread later.

FitinTime
10-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Hi Punce, Hi Laura,

I'm so sorry that you both are having a down day. :hug: I wish there was something I could do for you both.

Just know that you both are in my thoughts and I hope you both will bounce back from this thing you're in. In fact I know you will, you both are gonna get a second wind here and kick some butt! :carrot::carrot:

Take care and please know that I'm always here for you both!!!:hug:

Diana

Laura G
10-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Alright ladies, here we go.
I am back. I'm not OP yet, I'm giving myself the weekend to taper off on the carbs, and by Monday I will be OP, and exercising again. I have wallowed long enough. I'm kicking my own butt.

I had a horrible dream last night where I had a bunch of guys over - all my crushes thru the years, and my grandma was there. For some reason I had to take my top off in fron tof everyone, and my grandma pipes up, "You sure are getting thicker". I was mortified in my dream. I still feel upset over it. My work shirts are fiting tight again, especially around the ab section - I'm straining my buttons! And I'm in a 3X men's!

So, I'm doing this again. I will get my blood sugar under control, and start feeling better. I always get a little depressed and cranky when my sugar is high, and I have never felt better than when I'm on Atkins. So, why have I waited so long to give myself the benefit of feeling good?

I draw the line - so it happens to be the starting line again, I can handle it. I am grateful that even though I was not OP, I only gaioned a very little bit of weight. I reset my ticket today, and will start back with the Friday weigh ins.

I hope everyone else is doing well - Punce, Fitin Time, Aud, and anyone else I may have missed. Please, keep coming back here - I need the support and love you all give me.
Thanks.

FitinTime
10-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi Laura!!!
Alright! You are sounding like the Champ you are!! Love that enthusiasim you have now. I will be your buddy and give you all the support you need!

We'll do this together because I still have some weight to lose too, so let's get it started!!! Whoohoo!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

We'll take it one day at a time and we won't look any further than today. If we think about tomorrow it will stress us out. Also we're going to be patient with our bodies too. If we get in a hurry to lose, that will hinder our weight loss and then we'll get too anxious with this.

So we'll take a deep breath and take is slow and do Atkins the way we're supposed to do it. How does that sound!!

We can do this Laura, we can!!!! Oh my youngest sister is name Laura and she's on Atkins too! Isn' that cool!!

I'll talk to ya later Sweetness!!!

diana :hug:

Puncezilla
10-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Glad your back! I'm so there with you, starting over :woohoo: We can do this!

Those kind of dreams suck, It's like your own brain is harassing you while you sleep.:hug:

Fit, thanks for always being here for us, you're suck a great encouragement!

I'v been mostly OP since last weekend and starting to feel better also started back on the treadmill yesterday and today.

Laura G
10-29-2007, 11:59 AM
So far, so good. I am officially OP as of this morning. I had kind of a carb blowout yesterday- I ate 3 large slices of pizza. I always crave pizza first on Atkins, so I let myself have some yesterday to get it out of my system. I am planning on going to my gym class tonight, and I am so looking forward to getting this weight down again. My official weigh in this morning was 291.5. My first mini goal is to get back to my lowest weight in years - 278. I acheived it for one day during my last diet cycle. I will get there again, and then I am aiming for 275. Not much difference, but 278 was sucha high for me. I want that little goal before I focus on my first major goal of 275. I'm taking my next progress pic at 275! And really, saying 278 means only 13.5 lbs to lose. I can do that.

I want to thank you ladies for being here. I appreciate you so much. It's good to know that I'm not being judged, simply encouraged. THANK YOU.

FitinTime
10-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Hi Laura! Hi Punce!

You two sound like your geared up to lose some weight!!! Awesome! :carrot::carrot:
I'm praying that all of us will lose some weight this week.

As for me, I had a little set back. This is funny to me. I was by myself yesterday morning, my DH went to the store and as he was gone, I was putting some Halloween candy in a big container. Well I hadn't had breakfast, I was waiting for DH to get home. So the smell of the candy was overwhelming, lol, and I ate 4 pieces of candy! 2 carmel Reeses pc cups, 1 milky way, and 1 twix! The fun size! They weren't fun at all!!! They were gross.
So that was that, I'm over it and I now I remember what a piece of candy taste like, lol. I had always told myself, if I'm going to cheat on something, it better be good and decadent. Those candies were not! :dizzy:

So don't do what I did, :p, it was not worth it at all. :?:

I'm eating on plan today, because I have got to get to 199, by Thanksgiving, or try too.

Laura, you just keep on going, you're going to get to your goal soon, you don't have far to go. Good for you on the exercise too, that will help alot. ;)

Punce, good for you on breaking out with the treadmill! You're going to be so glad you did, if you aren't already!! ;)

Let's just get serious and do this for ourselves. I want to get down where you are at Punce. Laura, you don't have far to go!!!

I'm so glad for us, we're going to do this and lose weight!!!:woohoo::cheer2::cheer:

Diana

Puncezilla
10-29-2007, 06:33 PM
:woohoo:Laura, way to go getting back on track! Your goal sounds verry attainable. Pizza is one of my biggest temptations, I love it! And with the gluten in the crust it makes me feel HORIBLE everytime but I just keep wanting it!

I agree with you FIT if I'm going to cheat it better be something realy good. I find my taste realy changes after being OP for a while, When I give in to a craving I always think it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Today I had a piece of lindt 85% chocolate (stressful day:stress:) but it has only 4 net grams for 3sq. and I only ate 2sq. (the squares are big) made with real cocoabutter, it is so good. The last time I bought regular chocolate I didn't even like it anymore. :drool:I'm so hooked on the lindt 85%. even if I eat the whole thing the carbs aren't that bad.

I've been OP for about a week now and feeling realy good. still need to work on exercise and water but I'm back down to 193 this morning. I am so excited to get to the 180s.:goodscale

We can do this !!:bunny2::bunny2::bunny2:

FitinTime
10-29-2007, 11:16 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot: Yeah Punce!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Awesome! That's so great, I'm happy for you!!

I'm on plan too, and I did exercise this morning. It was good, only 20 minutes, but it's better than nothing!
Oh speaking of pizza,this Saturday we went out to dinner that served pizza I didn't eat any, I only picked the cheese and toppings from it. It was good!

Keep it up Punce, you're getting there!! Whoohoo!!!!

Hey Laura, how are you doing there!! Hope you're doing good too!!!

Have a great evening, see ya tomorrow! ;)
Diana

Laura G
10-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Punce - Way to go! 180's are just around the corner!

Fit - Good for you for not giving in. Eating just the toppings sounds like a fantastic idea for when I crave pizza.

Yesterday didn't quite work out OP for me - you know how it is - the first few days are so hard to get over the addiction. That and I let myself get so hungry by supper time that I defeated myself. I did breakfast and lunch ok, then caved after supper. And of course, I felt so rotten and full (of carbs) that I didn't go to my gym class.

Today will be better. I did breakfast and lunch ok, and tonight for supper I have a meal all planned out - which I will eat by the rules. I also had a great snack of broccoli and cauliflower with dip for a snack at 3, so I will be in control when making supper!

I've also decided to go for a walk this evening. I like to watch House on TV, but after that I am going! I am hoping for 3 km (which is only 3 times around my block) - it should take me about 45 min.

I was happy to see a loss on the scale this morning, even though I didn't do so well last night. I'm sure it's just water, but if it makes my shirt buttons stop straining I'll take it.

Keep up all the good work ladies! We are doing this!

FitinTime
10-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi Laura!

Don't worry about going off plan, just keep going no matter what. Pretty soon your mind is going to just automatically adjust to the way you are eating and it won't be so hard. At least that's how it works for me.

Is there anything I can do that would help you? Just let me know and I'm there! :hug:
You'll get there Laura!
When it comes to pizza, you should make the one from Linda's Low Carb Menu's & Recipes.
She has a deep dish pizza that is really good! I made it once and I really liked it!
That may curb your craving for a hc pizza. Anything we want to eat, she has really great lc alternatives for us.

Hi Punce, how are you doing?
That chocolate is addicting isn't it! Just don't get too addicted, haha!
I hope you keep on losing and never look back!
Continue being on OP!

Talk to you both tomrrow!!

Diana

Puncezilla
10-31-2007, 03:56 PM
Keep at it Laura. I always struggle the first few days too, I can't just jump in 100% the first day, it usualy takes a few days to wean me off the carbs.
I noticed you posten on the ladies on W.e.e.d. challenge. Thats great I also posted over there. What sort of home business are you starting?

Hi FIT, I'm realy going for it this time.
My DH and I would like to have a baby soon and I have just stopped taking my BCPs so I would like to be in the best shape possible before I get Pregnant.

I had a high carb day yeasterday too, DH was begging for spaghetti again so I made it for him, and had a bit of sauce over spaghetti squash, with sour cream and cheese, For sure went over my carb limmit there. and had another piece of chocolate. That stuff is dangerous. I did manage to get on the treadmill after dinner for 35min. But still went up a lb because of it, not to worry I'm sure it will be gone tomorrow.

FitinTime
10-31-2007, 04:55 PM
:haphal:

Awwwh! Punce, how wonderful you want to have a baby, that is so beautiful. I know you'll get pregnant!!!
I keep thinking that when I lose the weight I want, I'll get pregnant too! But that would be fine with me.
You'll be in perfect shape too when the time comes!!!
I don't think what you ate was so high carb. It sounded good to me!

Way to go on the treadmill! Keep going!!! :carrot:

I hope you have a great day!!

Hi Laura, how's it going! Hoping you'll see a loss in the scale, and not water!!! :carrot:
Are you doing okay with your woe? Remember, I'm watching you? LOL!!!
Take Care Laura!!!

Love You guys!!!
Diana

Laura G
10-31-2007, 07:33 PM
HELLO LADIES!

Punce - wow! what a great goal to be working towards! You must be so excited! Do you have any preferences? I agree with Diana - spag squash is not so high carb - as long as you didn't eat the whole squash...? Do you freeze your chocolate? It helps to make sure you don't go overboard when you have to wait for each piece to defrost! Excellent treadmill work! :woops:

I didn't see your post on weed yet - I'm off to there next. The area I live in has a lot of nursing homes, clinics, dental offices etc, and you can only buy scrubs when the distributor comes around or at Wal-MArt. So I am sewing custom fit scrub uniforms out of my home. I'm taking it slow to start since I am currently sewing my boss' wedding dress. Big project! Once that is done (before Nov 20) I'll go full swing on my business. I am really looking forward to it. I already have a couple of orders, and I have one nurse friend who I will use as my model/word of mouth around the hospital.

Diana: thank you for looking out for me. My WOE is half decent - still some carbs, but way less than Monday. I went for a walk at lunch today - 2km in 1/2 hour. It made me feel good just to be outside and exercising. The air was crisp, the geese were noisy on the lake, and it destressed me a lot! It also kind of motivated me - I want to go walking again tomorrow at lunch. It's a great way to break up my day so I don't hate going back to work. I'm going to try to make it to my fitness class again tonight.

Ladies, I have a moral? dilemna going on. What do you think:
I do well at breakfast and lunch - usually only protien (meat or cheese) for breakie, and a salad with some meat protien at lunch. If I am hungry between meals, I'll either make some chicken broth, or have some veggies. But supper is so difficult. I'm allergic to eggs and shellfish, and I hate the taste of any fish other than tuna, so I am pretty limited in my protein choices. I have however, discovered a soup that I LOVE! Unfortunatley it does have carbs - 18g per cup, and I usually eat the whole can - 2 cups for 36 carbs. I know that that is still technically lo-carb, but I also know that getting all the carbs in one sitting like that sucks. However it does fill me up, and it lets me feel like I'm not so deprived. Yet I know it's not ideal. I guess what I asking is for permission to eat it - and therefore perission to cheat. I guess I've answered my own question. Grr. Any opinions or takes on this? Any ideas/suggestions for suppers that don't take a lot of time or effort?

I hope you are both doing well OP, and having the time of your life getting thin!

Love and hugs.

FitinTime
10-31-2007, 08:07 PM
Hi Laura!

I was just reading your post here and I'm a little concerned about this soup you're eating. I'm going to give you my honest opinion.
It seems like it's a little to high in carbs, I don't consider that low carb at all. But I guess it depends on how many carbs you eat. I try to stay between 20 and 25, but sometimes I'm way less than that, and Im not even trying!
Do you like salads? Maybe make a big salad with some cucumbers, radishes, mushrooms and other allowable veggies.
Or eat half an avocado, that is filling. That soup may have alot of sodium too.

What I do, is I always grill my meats on Saturday. I grill tons of hamburger patties so I can have them when I'm hungry. I'll eat them for lunch with a salad or have them for breakfast. I grill chicken like crazy too and eat that whenever I get hungry. But I always make sure I eat a salad with tons of vegetables. Try not to deprive yourself of that.

I wish I could tell you what you want to hear, but if you want to lose Dear Laura, you're going to have to not make any exceptions here.
Eating fat and protein is what takes the hunger away. You'd be surprised by that. That is what helps us to lose weight, the natural fat in foods and fat in the good oils, like olive oil and coconut oil and butter too. If you eat tuna use whole mayo, about 2 or 3 tbsp of it, or chicken salad. If you eat a hamburger patty use mayo too on it. If you like mayo that is. Use full fat mayo, butter and sour cream. No low fat stuff, that has too many carbs.
Watch the salt intake too, unless you drink tons of water.

You may not be eating enough to keep you satisfied too. By eating more protein and fat, your hunger in between meals should not be as bad.

Give it a try and see what happens!
That's what I do I eat alot, but only until I'm full.

Try if for a couple of days and let me know what happens okay! ;)

I'm here for you if you want to talk.

Love!
Diana

Laura G
11-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I know the soup is bad - just trying to justify it. Thanks for not letting me get away with it. I never thought about hamburger patties - good idea. I eat salad every day - that's not a problem, and I drink at leat 2L of water everyday. But you're right, I really don't think I eat enough food. When I am full swing on Atkins, I eat 5-6 times a day, but only very little portions. Maybe I'll eat 1000 cal/day. Then, when my body adjusts and goes into "starvation mode" I can't lose weight, because I am already eating so little. So I up my exercise, and of course I get hungrier and eat more, and gain weight. Grr. So I am trying to eat more this time around, but because Atkins allows me to not fixate on food, it is very difficult to eat what I should be. Sounds like a stupid problem no? I need to eat more? It's also very difficult to keep it up because I get so bored with my limited protien choices and - dare I say it - I get bored of salads!

Ok, just a little rant. Sorry. I'll do this - I know it's the best thing for me. Stable blood sugar, better fitting clothes, a hot sexy body - all these things should be motivating me - but how trite! The actual doing is always so much harder than the dreaming of it already done.

How are you guys doing? I hope I didn't bring you down. I appreciate you listening to me, and I sure appreciate your encouragement and advice.
Thanks girls!

FitinTime
11-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Hi Laura,
Way to hang in there!

I know it seems like a drag eating repetitive foods, but honestly, I don't think of what I'm eating as much as how it's lc and it's going to help me lose.

I just do it and don't think about it. If I analyzed everything I ate or even thought about it hard enough I may make myself tire of these foods easy.

In my salads, I'll throw a little bit of cheese it there, or olives, avocado, and anything that is allowable.

Yeah try a hamburger patty wrapped in big romaine lettuce leaves or wrap deli turkey with mayo in it. I'll eat tuna salad with pork rinds sometimes.
There is alot of things we can do to add a little pazzaaz to our foods.

Just remember to eat more. I don't count calories, just carbs. But if I counted calories, I can tell you I'm eating between 1500 and 2500. I eat a lot. But it's all good stuff.

I hope that helps you. You can do this Laura! Just eat more and eat more fat too. The smaller meals are good, as long as you're eating fat and protein with your veggies and salads.

Take Care Sweeheart!! I'm here for you!!!
Diana

Laura G
11-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Diana - Thanks. I am trying, but you're right - I over-analyse everthing. Yesterday for lunch I had a Chef's salad, with cheese and ham. I think something was bad in the salad, because unfortunately, I spent all last night with the runs. I can't even look at salad today, so I'm working with veggies and dip. How are you donig?

Punce - Still there? How's everything in your world?

I am doing ok. I did a WI this morning! I'm down 6lbs since Monday! Yay me. Only 7 more til my 1st mini goal.

FitinTime
11-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Laura!!!!!! That's my Girl!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Oh I am so happy for you Sweetie! You just keep it up and keep going, you will make it!
You just made my day!!! Seriously you did!!! :carrot:

Punce, I'm so sorry I haven't acknowledged you, how are you doing! I hope your still losing and looking beautiful!!! And getting ready to be a beautiful Mommy!!! :hug:

Girls have a great weekend!! I'm going to our State Fair after work and eat me a big ol roasted turkey leg! lol!!!

Laura, you are such a joy! I know you are going to make it!!!!:hug:

Love!
diana

Puncezilla
11-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi Fit, I'm still here Just had a buisy day yesterday. Enjoy the fair, and the turkey legg. I wish they sold just the legs/thighs in the grocery store like they do chicken.

Laura, WOW 6lbs is awesome! Your buiseness sounds like a great idea! I like to sew also, but not clothes of anykind. Mostly toys, sockmonkeys and things for kids. http://www.flickr.com/photos/46944540@N00/ This is my photopage.

I eat pretty boring when I'm op. usualy grilled meat and a cooked veggie or salad for dinner, then leftovers for brunch. I usualy eat two meals a day and two snacks. I don't eat salad every day, I don't like lettus much so usualy its cukes and tomatoe, radishes, onion, olives and cheese salad.
Coleslaw is also good for a change. I eat lots of asperagus durring the summer and greenbeans and cauliflower, brocoli. It doesn't realy bother me not having more variety. I also eat a LOT of pickles, Thats my evening munchies cure.

I'm terrified to have a baby! I realy want one but the whole pregnency/birth thing just freaks me out, not to mention what it will do to me body and the totaly depending on me 100% of the time baby itself.

Anyway I better get off here and get something done today.
Hope you both have a lovely OP day!

Laura G
11-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey Little Monster! I just went to your photo page. I always wondered where the name Puncezilla came from...

OMG - your kitties are so cute. I especially love the kitten pic of Thomasina on the last page. Absolutely adorable.
I laughed so hard at the trio of pics with the bear climbing and falling over the fence. I think it would be a great idea if you made photo stories out of your collection. You could pose them and take the snap shots and then make up little stories to go with the action.

I just came from WEED - got a little addicted to that Lindt 85% eh?

Diana - Thanks. I needed that pat on the back. I know I'm doing ok, I'm just holding my breath for the plateau to come! How is your journey going?

Hope you ladies are kickin' diet butt!

FitinTime
11-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi Laura, Hi Punce!

Wow, Punce you are talented! I like those sockmonkey's. Do they take long to make? I love your cats too, so cute and adorable.

You're a real looker too! Wow! I love the solorized look, that's pretty cool, it would have been funny if you did do the shifty eyes! LOL!

Glad to hear your doing good. I hope you have a great evening and weekend!

Hi Laura,
don't worry about the plateau, just keep doing what your doing. It will come and go!

Yeah, Punce I agree with Laura you should do that photo thing with you SM, that would be so cool!

Have a great weekend Laura!!!!

Love,
Diana

Puncezilla
11-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks for all the compliments on the photos, I did make a story book for my mom out of the bear photos, it was so much fun.
The sock monkeys don't take too long to make, a lot of it is done by hand while I wach TV, it keeps my hands buisy so I don't snack all evening.

Laura, you're doing great! Don't start worying about a platau untill it happens, it may not. I didn't hit one untill I hit the 30lbs gone, and then it was my fault cause I went off plan and couldn't seem to get back on..

I'm going to have to start keeping the chocolate in the freezer, or just stop buying it altogether.

I think I went over on my carbs today, nothing drastic but not great either. I didn't get much sleep last night and being extra tired makes me hungry. And I splerged and had a diet coke. And some chocolate.

Keep it up ! We can do this!

FitinTime
11-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi Punce,
That's cool that you make those sock monkey's. Did you ever watch the Foodnetwork where they did a cake challenge and this lady made a huge sock monkey. It was so cool looking!

At least you can do something to keep busy to keep you from putting food in your mouth. lol!

Hi Laura,
how are you doing this Saturday! Hope you continue to lose!

I'm hoping to start losing again. I started induction and I hope it's going to jump start and get back to losing some weight.

Well you all take care, and let's get this weight off!!! Yeah! :carrot::carrot:

Laura G
11-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Hey Guys!

So, I went off plan this weekend what with my trip into Edmonton and all. But, I'll recover pretty quick here.

I've taken up Latch Rug Hooking in the evenings to keep my hands busy. I also do paint by numbers, which sounds pretty cheesy, but I like to do the real intricate ones.

Not much to say today. Hope you are both doing FANTABULOUS!

See ya tomorrow!

Puncezilla
11-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Morning, FIT, Laura,

I have seen some of those Cake challenges, but not the one the one with the sockmonkey cake, that would be cool.

Hope you had a good trip Laura, and can get right back OP.

I'm still mostly op, went a little overboard yesterday with the Peanut butter, I just can't seem to leave it alone. I'v been bouncing around 193-194 can't seem to actualy lose anything. Haven't been on the treadmill much either, there's always so much to do, I guess I need to prioritize better. Christmass always sneeks up on me and I have to many projects I want to get done.

Have a great day!

FitinTime
11-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi Punce and Laura!

I can relate to you Punce, I haven't gotten on the elliptical since last week. I was getting crampy all last weekend and I didn't feel like dealing with it.

Hopefully this week I'll get into the swing again. I'm still on plan! It was funny I keep going in between 207 and 205. Yesterday I was at 206 and today I weighed in at 205. I just want to get past the 200 mark.
I'm sure as soon as my body adjusts to the weight it's at, I'll start losing again.

Oh today I got me from Starbucks and cold decaffe latte with sf caramel and heavy cream. I'm not sure how many carbs it had, but it was really good!

Well, I hope you all have a great day today!

Diana

Puncezilla
11-07-2007, 02:45 PM
I mannaged to get all my water in yesterday and my exercise. I started using fitday again and my carbs were around 14gr total for yesterday, I don't think I'm getting as many veggies as I should. Still not losing, but hanging in there waiting for a woosh.

Hope your having a great day!

FitinTime
11-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Hi Laura, Hi Punce!

Good job Punce on staying on plan doing what you need to do. You'll see a whoosh soon just doing what you're doing.

I've been eating alot, good stuff, but alot.

I've have been eating alot of vegetables now, I mean lots and a little more protein. And I find that I'm getting fuller and I don't crave food like I used to. Monday I weighed at 207, Tuesday at 205, and today at 204.9. I have been at 205 already, but I kept going back and forth between 207 and 205.

I hope I found the food combo that will get me to start losing again.

Hi Laura,
How are you doing there Girlie! Hope that your doing good, and that everything is working out for ya!
Keep in touch!!!

Have a great day Ladies!

Diana

msister
11-12-2007, 08:07 PM
I'd love to have some buddies as I restarted about two weeks ago.

Hello, all!

Puncezilla
11-13-2007, 02:20 PM
:carrot:Hi msister, welcome! How's it going so far!:carrot:

I finaly started losing again! cut out all the Peanut butter and chocolate, and increased my veggies and I'm down 4 lbs from last week!

I hope your doing well FIT and Laura. I've been trying to spend less time on the computer and more time actualy getting things done , but I'm still here with ya' everyday.:hug:

msister
11-13-2007, 03:43 PM
:carrot:Hi msister, welcome! How's it going so far!:carrot:

It's going pretty good so far, thanks!

I don't feel that motivated today but everyone's posts have been an inspiration.

Laura G
11-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Hello everyone! Yeah, I'm still here. Busy at work since we're coming up on year end, so I haven't had time topost.

Welcome msister! Motivation is something we ALL work on (daily, sometimes!)

I've been doing ok - not quite OP, but still ok. Lots of things (good things) going on in my personal life, and once everything comes together, you are all in for a BIG post! Probably one more month to get everything in place.

I'll try to be more faithful to the posting in the meantime.

Love all you guys, and hope everyone is doing good things for themselves.

Puncezilla
11-14-2007, 05:13 PM
YAY Laura, good to hear from you! can't wait to read your long post when you have the time. I'm glad things are going well for you.

I'm doing good today and feeling good too. so close to my goal of 189. I made chilly and cookies for DH yesterday and resisted the temptation, Just had one small taste of the chilli.

Hi msister, Hows your week going?

msister
11-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi msister, Hows your week going?

Not too bad so far.

The problem I have right now is boredom. I try to keep my low carb choices pretty simple because I also have to cook for a family and it's hard having to cook two separate meals, so I'm kind of getting bored with grilled or roasted meats and egg or tuna salad. I also think maybe the tuna and egg salad might tend to stall me a bit due to the mayo, but I'm not sure about that. When I did Atkins before I didn't use the salads with mayo and I seemed to have lost better. One thing that I think I should cut out is the coffee with the heavy cream and Splenda that I like too much, but it helps me feel satisfied. I guess I should add a bit more variety even if it goes over 20 carbs per day just so I don't get bored. I've lost about 10 to 12 pounds in about a month but I only really cracked down about two weeks ago. Well, sort of cracked down ;)

You sound like you're doing great, Puncezilla! And thanks to everyone as you've all been very welcoming. It's always been difficult for me to jump in to a group, but you folks sure are nice!

Puncezilla
11-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Yes boredom can be a problem sometimes but mostly I like what I eat. I try to buy as many kinds of meat as I can and then just eat leftovers most days for brunch. I do use mayo, but not everyday. I usualy only eat two meals and a snack or two and sometimes desert (sf jello/whipcream w/splenda) I think eating more often would be better but I can't seem to get into the habit right now. I drink coffee with heavy cream too, and it hasn't stalled me, I just try to only have one cup.
10 to 12 lbs in a month is good. I usualy average 2 lbs a week when 100%On plan.

Laura G
11-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks Punce! Way to go on being so close to mini goal! BTW, love the new avatar! Can you help me? I lost the Weed post - where is the new week?

Msister - boredom, hmm, I think I just posted about that not too long ago! It is so easy to get bored on atkins! I started buying the prepackaged lunch meats from carl buddig - they are about 55 g, and about 110 cal - very easy to grab on the go as a snack. I would be lost without my mayo - but only for tuna salad, which I have about once a week. I try to cook up a big roast or something, and eat it throughout the week, but maybe that wouldn't work for you since you have to cook for a family (no leftovers?...) I know I eat too much cheese, but I can't eat eggs or shellfish, so I'm pretty limited. I like my coffee too, I have a jumbo mug at work, and I put Splenda in it. I limit myself to one jumbo mug a day.

I would just try to experiment with spices - make the same old boring chicken taste like greek, or indian, or chinese... you get the idea. Hope this helps.

And congrats on the 12lbs - what a great accomplishment!

Hey Diana - did you and Punce decide to change avatars at the same time, and not tell me so I could keep up? ;) How are you doing girl? Hope everything is wonderful in your world.

Love you guys - let's keep steaming ahead!

FitinTime
11-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi Laura! Hi Punce, Hi msister!

I'm doing good, can't wait for TOM to leave! Ugh! LOL!!

I'm still on plan, but since TOM came around I've been eating the gross yucky chocolate Atkins bars. They are good, but not good for me!! I've just been craving chocolate and that is the first thing I think of.

I'm glad to hear things are going good for you! Well I see you're not upset about anything so that is good!

I am determined to have a great weekend and to stay on plan! How about you?
The weather will be beautiful and I'm in the mood to clean my house. Did I just say that! LOL!!

Anyway, have a wonderful Friday and enjoy it!!!

Love ya,
Diana

Puncezilla
11-17-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm in the mood to clean my house

are you feeling OK? :lol: I wish this mood would strike me once in a while.

I'm still on track and feeling good.
Have a great weekend.

Puncezilla
11-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Anyone looking for a hubby for a daily check in
:rofl:Now that would be an interesting thread!

FitinTime
11-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Ok, wanted you all to know. They eyes do play tricks on us. When I saw the heading for this thread my eyes read. Anyone looking for a hubby for a daily check in. I thought darn they don't want much out of a man do they, just a daily check in. Welllll, I guess that would sure keep their house clean lol.

:rofl::rofl:

aud
11-20-2007, 03:43 PM
LMAO to "anyone looking for a hubby . . . ?":D

Trying to LC Chat our way thru Feast Week if anyone wants to dive in here :carrot: : http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127391

Laura G
12-10-2007, 06:01 PM
It's not that I don't like you guys, but my health has been the pits lately, and I'm about at the end of my rope. I'm still here, just not very active on the website. I hope everyone else is doing ok..

Puncezilla
12-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Hi Laura, Thanks for checking in. I hope your health troubles improve so you can feel better (and spend more time chating with us). I haven't been on here much either (a lot going on right now) Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have more time.