WW Clubs and Groups - #183 Bale of Turtles Facing Summer!

Itryharder
05-30-2007, 02:50 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
05-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi Turtles,
Guess what? Even though my food intake has been not good, my exercising has had a lovely benefit. My bone density has gone up since two years ago.
Isn't that fantastic? Gotta love that :tread: My doc just called with the happy results. My weight is way up, but I know by eating right this week I can get it down again.

Wishing us all the best in this weigh of life.
Judy
234.6/222/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
05-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Judy: You will get back on track... I have faith in you! Congrats on the bone gain... that is awesome!

All: Nothing new here... just getting back on track and hoping for a lower weight this week.

Princess

Itryharder
06-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Princess, you'll have a :goodscale: this weekend because you know how to achieve that. Good luck! Hey, thanks for chiming in because it looks like our fellow Turtles are out and about.

Bandit, where are you? Are you in Vegas? I'd love to hear from you.
Ariana, I know you said you wouldn't be able to e-mail for awhile, but we look forward to hearing from you when you can.
Everybody: Keep on writing whether you're doing well or not. Sometimes the mere act of writing encourages us to get and stay on program.

All goes well here. I had a good food day yesterday. Ended up taking the baby home with me overnight since both my dd and dsil were too sick to watch him. I didn't get "official" exercise, but did plenty of running around. I'm also remembering my water. Good luck to us all.
Judy

Princess1122
06-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Happy Monday!

I did not go to W/I on Saturday as I was struggling with a migraine but I am not sure I would have done all that great anyway... Had a nice Sunday... some friends and DH and I went canoing... great time!

Hope all is well with everyone!
Princess

Itryharder
06-04-2007, 10:15 PM
All goes well here and I'm hoping for a decent WI on Wed.
Hope all goes well with you all.
Princess, canoeing sounds like so much fun. Good for you. Hope your migraine has passed.

Calling all Turtles:
It's good to post no matter your condition because if you're doing well, you help us and if you're not doing all that well, we can help you.
Take care and good luck. :cheer:
Judy

Princess1122
06-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Morning all!

Judy: Good luck at your W/I tomorrow! Hope it goes great for you... Yes, the canoe trip was a blast, DH and I did end up tipping over but we tried to do something stupid and it backfired on us... LOL, we were soaked and so was our lunch :D But we got the canoe out of the water and saved our lunch and got back in and went on our way... fun times!

The scale is not moving for me right now... I am going to get back to going to the gym and using the elliptical and see if that helps out at all...

The weather here has just been strange lately, one day it is hot then we get a storm and it gets chilly... 57 degrees here this morning... mother nature is confused I fear.

Hope all is well with everyone, chime in when you can like Judy said.

Princess

Itryharder
06-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, smart to try the elliptical to shake things up a bit. You've plateaued in the past and worked your way out of it. I know you can do it again. You've had a great weight loss so far. Weigh to go. Your canoe trip was a real adventure and you had me laughing. Sounds like fun and I'm sooooo glad you rescued your lunch.

I was doing fine and went off track for dinner. I'm back where I want to be, but have to choose correctly every time. I will still see a loss if I eat well today and go to my WI on Wed. morning.
Take care,
Judy

Ariana2000
06-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Gaah...where did my post go? I hope it shows up eventually. :(

Princess1122
06-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Morning all!

Ariana! So good to see you back! I did not see any other post then the one that said you hoped your post showed up, frustrating when that happens! Did you have a nice vacation?

Judy: How are you doing? Good luck at your W/I today!

I went and worked on the elliptical last evening... 2.5 miles and they were some hard miles let me tell you! But I felt good when I was done and will be going as much as possible to see if it helps and to also get myself back on the cardio track... I think I have been counting on my pilates to get me thru and even though they are great classes for toning, etc. they do not take the place of good strong cardio... even the walks in the evening don't seem to take the place of a few miles on the elliptical... I know that the closer I get to goal the harder I have to work but I am still at least 25 lbs away from the high point of my goal so I am worried that this has happened so soon but to be honest if I truly look at what I have been eating and my lack of cardio I would have to say that it is my own fault that I am not losing like I want to.

Princess

Itryharder
06-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Hi TUrtles,
Yes, Ariana I'm thrilled you're back. I hope your nice long post shows up soon.

Princess,
Yep, I knew you would know what to do to get out of the plateau mode.
Cardio on the elliptical will speed up your activitiy points faster and you'll be right back on the losing track. :tread:

I've had a decent week, not perfect,, but I should lose a couple of pounds at my a.m. WI. I'll chime in right after I get back from my mtg. with, I hope, good news.
Judy

Itryharder
06-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi Turtles,
Good WI. Lost 1.8# and I'm pleased. Also talked to my WW leader about a comment made to me by a friend. She said in sympathy, "Judy, I really think your weight problem in genetic." That killed me because I suspect a lot of that is true. I have three sisters who are overweight the way I am, but I know (Ariana, are you reading this?) that I have and can lose weight when I do the right thing. Therefore exercise and being OP is my way to go. I can't let my friend's remark be an excuse to overeat and chuck the whole effort.
It is not easy to lose weight, but I can do it. I had a decent week, lost the salty fluid I had gained from Chinese food, and am on to a good day. My WW leader was supportive and helped me get through this.
Judy

Princess1122
06-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Great job Judy! You are doing great, just don't listen to the friend... she may be right to a certain extent but that would be true for all of us really... it does not mean that you can not lose it and maintain the loss. :carrot:

Ariana2000
06-06-2007, 04:50 PM
Ladies, I think my nice long post is lost in the ether. So I guess I'll have to summarize -- first of all, I missed you guys. I've been thinking about you, even when I wasn't posting. :hug: Life has been crazy -- I went from not having enough social engagements to having too many! :dizzy: I've been feeling overwhelmed, so I took Monday off, and played hooky, stayed home, read and quilt. I do feel better psychologically. But I'm tired physically again -- I've been cat-sitting, and between stopping by to check on (and fawn over) them and replying to my suitors (4 right now, all at once :D), and trying to accumulate some comp time (by working extra hours), I'm tired. Oh well. What can I do? The good news is that I started going to WW meetings last week. I am staying OP, even though it meant not having my weekly Subway treat (which I found was horrifyingly higher in points than I thought.) I am counting exercise points this time around -- at 20 points a day, I don't think I could handle it otherwise. But if I don't lose weight, I'll have to find a way to make it work. Anyway...

Princess: Yes, I did have a nice vacation. Thank you. I'm glad to hear that you found the elliptical so satisfying. I think it's important here to remember that it's not about blaming yourself -- if what you're doing (i.e. just pilates) and what you're eating (whatever that may be) is not getting you to your goals, then you have to shake things up by trying new things or adding more exercise, or watching your points more carefully. And you're doing that, so I say -- bravo!

Judy -- it looks like my post is gone forever. Ah well. Thank you, it's great to be back. Congrats on the WL! :goodscale: Yes, I am reading it! Good for you for sticking to your guns. Genetics are about predisposition, not destiny -- my Grandfather was an alcoholic, so I am probably have a predisposition to being an alcoholic -- but that doesn't mean it is guaranteed. I can do things to avoid it -- I watch my alcohol intake, I rarely drink heavily, and I never drink because I am stressed out or upset. You may have a predisposition to gain weight, but that doesn't mean it's your destiny! I've had people try to tell me something similar -- that my body has a certain weight that it gravitates towards, its set point, and it will be hard or impossible to lose weight beyond that point. Yes, well, that's their theory. That doesn't mean I have to abide by it. These are all just theories anyway. Ultimately, WL is about math -- calories in - calories out = weight loss or gain. It may be harder or easier for some, but I think it is impossible for no-one. (Also, as a side thought, the fact that you have heavy sisters may also mean that it is an environmental issue -- eating patterns, or psychological responses to eating, etc.) My mother is heavy, my sister is skinny, I'm on my way there. We are more than just our genetics -- we are also our determination and our strength of will. I agree completely -- it is not easy, but you can do it -- and ultimately, it's very, very worth it.

Well, ladies, I hope you have a good day. Back to the daily grind for me...

Ariana2000
06-06-2007, 11:25 PM
Well, this is a record. Two posts in one day! I won't be able to write tomorrow (WW meeting) or probably Friday (out to lunch with work friends), so I wanted to tell you the good -- no, great news -- I lose 2.6 pounds this week! :goodscale: That is phenomenal, I can't even remember the last time I lost that much in one week. That also -- get this -- means that I have hit another important milestone -- I've now lost 60 pounds!!! Can you believe it? <happy dance> :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Anyway, I just had to share it with you guys. I normally don't even have time to write on Wednesday night, but I am so tired I skipped working out and came home to go to sleep. And when I weighed myself, well, I had to tell you! :) :) :) :)

Itryharder
06-07-2007, 12:10 AM
:cp: :cheer: :bravo: :cheers:
Ariana,
Holey Moley! 60 pounds gone is absolutely fabulous! Weigh to go.

And by the way, 4 suitors at once is a lovely concept. Enjoy, enjoy. Thanks for your insight on the "genetic" issue and for you good analysis. And Princess, thanks for your insight about how that is probably true to an extent for all of us.

You go girls! Hey, I won't be able to post much for a bit, because of family plans, but I'll be with you in spirit. Keep up the good work and be happy and healthy.
Love,
Judy
234.6/220.4/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
06-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Ariana: Congrats! That is just awesome! Boy oh boy I am working on and hoping for a nice lose this weekend at W/I but the scale is just not budging...

I went and did 3 miles on the elliptical and then went to my pilates class and then on to my book club meeting... I was tired last night! I have another pilates class tonight, I had to reschedule my normal Saturday class as we are going away for DH company picnic in the afternoon. Two classes back to back is hard and I will be feeling it, the down side is that I tend to gain a bit due to muscle inflammation I think but I paid for the class and don't want to let it go so I moved it to tonight... I am getting stronger though, my instructors comment on it a lot lately.
I put some ground beef out this morning and will do burgers on the grill this evening when I get home... I have had to step up my red meat intake due to a low ferritin level but I don't mind that much other then it is higher in points.
Well that is about all for now... supposed to hit 90 here today... I may go for a walk on my lunch break since I won't have time to stop at the gym tonight.

Have a happy day!
Princess

Princess1122
06-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Well I am very unhappy with the scale... I really thought that I would see it going down this week but it is still not budging... I will be at W/I tomorrow no matter what but I have a feeling that I am going to be disappointed... I will just keep going though, no choice in the matter except to try harder.

I hope that everyone is well and best wishes for a great weekend!

Princess

Itryharder
06-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Okay Princess,
Tomorrow may bring a nicer scale than you think. In the meantime, you even said it yourself that the extra exercise can cause muscle inflammation and fluid retention at the muscle. Last time this happened to you the following week (not tomorrow, but next Saturday) you saw a terrific loss. Keep up the good work and good cheer. You're doing great!
Judy
I'm heading to the :beach:

Princess1122
06-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Not a good W/I, I was up 2.4 pounds... but they suggested that I eat my AP's and since I went a head and lowered my Daily Points since I was so close and not loosing - they suggested that I put that point back in... I will do that and just keep on going.

DH and I went for a very long bike ride yesterday as the weather was wonderful... about 10 miles in all I think with lots of hills so it was a work out.

Princess

Ariana2000
06-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? I had a good OP weekend, even though I went out several times, so I was proud of myself for that -- I even have a few points left, and I might be able to "afford" Subway this week, pointswise. :) I had too many things going on -- three dates, and a Roller Derby event with my social group -- so I am feeling overwhelmed and worn out. I'm cutting back next weekend, and I honestly will probably go home and go to sleep again early tonight -- I've been going to sleep 40 minutes late (cat-sitting) and getting up 40 minutes early(to earn comp time), and I am exhausted. But other than that, I'm good.

Judy -- Thanks! I am so excited! (about losing 60 pounds.) 4 suitors at once was lovely but exhausting. I've narrowed it down to 3, possibly 2. We'll see. I'm glad you found my analysis helpful -- I believe it 100%. ;)

Princess -- Thanks! I am quite tickled about the 60 pounds lost too. :) I know that temporary weight gain from upping your exercise is frustrating, but it's the only "good" kind of WL I know (that which comes from exercise), so it could be worse, right? Sorry about the weight gain. That's hard. I eat my activity points, at least for now, so that may help -- give it a try. Always remember that not losing, or gaining, are only a sign that you may need to change your strategy -- or it may be completely temporary. Let us know how it goes with eating your AP's.

Well, back to work, ladies. Take care and have a great day!

Princess1122
06-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Morning all!

I skipped Pilates last night and went home, made some chicken salad with leftover grilled chicken, ate a sandwich and went to bed... I just felt all warn out, to the point of not feeling well, so I gave in and went to bed. Feel better this morning, I regret not going to class as this class is paid for in advance and it can not be made up like my other one can. But I needed it so I did it :D
I am going to the gym this evening after work and then home to cook some supper... then I am going to try and go to bed early again... we will see.
We have a water main break here at work today which is not good news at all for me... with as much water as I drink in a day I will be making lots of trips to the gas station down the street to use their potty :dizzy: Here's hoping they get it repaired really soon!

Ariana: So good to see you back! I know that you must be tired with the over time, cat sitting, etc. Hope you are able to get rested, but I know that is hard to do. Lots of dates!!!!! So good to hear you are meeting people and having fun.

Judy: How are you doing? Did you have a good weekend?

I have to run but will check back in later on... seems like there is only three of us left these days...

Itryharder
06-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi Turtles,
Ariana, you social butterfly you! :dancer: What fun. Good for you staying OP during the weekend. Not an easy thing to do, but you are showing us that it can be done. It's great that you can figure out how much you want to do on a weekend.

Princess,
Sorry you had a temporary weight gain. I know it is temporary. You have been working out hard and that does good stuff for your body, but the first thing it does is allow you to see a weight gain. I bet once you start counting in some of your activity points you'll see your next weight loss. I commiserate about the potty situation. That is really tough. Okay, how many activity points will that earn you? LOL. Yes, I'm sorry we are missing so many of our lovely regulars here at Turtles, but if we keep on giving each other support, they may come back in again. :grouphug: In the meantime take care of yourself, rest when you're really tired, and keep on keepin' on.

This past weekend was heavenly. :beach:There were seven adults and three children under five. My dh and I decided that separate motel rooms in a row for the separate families made a lot more sense than one big huge house. This way, when the kids needed to calm down or even take a nap, they could. Everyone behaved and we had the best time. Because it rained and stormed for two of the days, we fell back into eating mode and that was tough. I didn't do all that well and am hoping that today will help me to get back on track. So far, so good. We were able to play at the beach on Sunday with the kids and then we ended up at the pool for lunch and drinks and swimming in the heated pool. Thank goodness it was heated, because I wouldn't have been able to get into it. As it was, my grandson that I don't see often (4 1/2years old) and I swam around like crazy, played ring around the rosie and had a lovely time. Later that night several of the grownups came into our room and watched Sopranos and were puzzled just like the rest of America. It was fun to talk about after the initial shock of the non-ending. Monday we lazed a bit, had breakfast, and packed up. DD and dgrandson stayed with us at home for the day and I took a tiny nap since I was beat. WEll, that's probably more than you wanted to know. Wednesday is my WI and I'm going.
Then I'll babysit on Thursday.
Okay, take care, be well and happy. Keep on keepin' on. This weight loss thing is ongoing for me and it takes constant re=tweaking.
Judy

Ariana2000
06-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Ladies: I leave for San Francisco next Wednesday (I drive home Tuesday, we fly out Wednesday and fly back Sunday, then I drive home Monday morning) that'll be a challenge points-wise, and I won't have internet access -- but I should be able to post again by the following Tuesday. So if I go quiet again, you'll at least know where I went. Speaking of which, do you guys know what the point goals are if I want to maintain? It's 4 more points a day, right? And if I plan to gain 1 pound, do you add another four points a day, or weight? <Ariana scratches her head.> I'm just afraid that WL is an unreasonable goal for a 5-day vacation -- I would hope for maintenance, but since I won't be able to workout, and I really rely on those AP's M-Th, that could be hard too. I did buy a bigger purse so that I can carry around my point tracker and the new points books (eating out and the general food points guide), and that should help some. But I won't be able to plan my meals much at all on this vacation. <sigh> I think I'll take some of my high-protein, high-fiber instant oatmeal and some sawdust (All Bran) bars, but other than that, any good ideas? And does anyone know how many extra points you get to maintain or gain 1 pound? I don't want SF to set me back too far...

On an unrelated thought, I've now made it through 1.5 weeks, tracking every day (even on the weekend, which you all know that I hate doing). That's longer than I usually last on point counting -- I resolved to keep it up until my five pre-paid weeks are up, and then decide if it's getting me where I want to go. I think it is so far. :) :) :)

Princess: sometimes you have to skip workouts when your body demands it. The hard part is differentiating between a real need to skip working out and simply not working out; they can feel very similar. I use one of two tests, and they work for me because working out is very much a habit, so even thinking of skipping it is out of the ordinary. If skipping a workout occurs to me repeatedly throughout the day, due to exhaustion, and I cannot "argue" myself out of it, and my intention is to go home and sleep, I deem myself too tired to work out, and I go home, do my best not to "mess around" and go to sleep. If I want to go home and do something besides sleep, I'm not really tired enough to skip working out. My other test is that, if I make it all the way to the gym and cannot force myself out of the car and in the door, due to exhaustion, then I don't go. Otherwise, I go. Does that make sense? Your tests may be different, but you should have them; working out is very important, but recognizing when your body needs rest more is also very important. Sometimes it can even help you lose weight if you are truly exhausted. I've been there, and being a Mom, you've probably been there too. I think we all have. The hard part is recognizing it. Last night was one of those times for me, but I went to bed early, and today I feel better, ready to tackle a workout again. My point, and I swear I do have one -- listen to your body, it'll tell you when you need sleep more than exercise, but get back on the horse again as soon as possible. Re "so glad to see you back" -- thank you! I am feeling much better today, since I went to bed early yesterday, and I slept for 3 hours Sunday and went to bed early, slept for 3 hours on Saturday too...I'm finally feeling not-exhausted, although I haven't gotten to "refreshed" yet. It's good to meet new people and go out. I still miss M, M was nearly perfect for me, except in certain important ways... <sigh> I think I'm going to try MySpace next to meet people, it can't be any more randomly dangerous than using online personals. Besides, I only give people my cell when I'm going to meet them, and I meet them in a public place for the first two dates... I know, it's awfully quiet. But we will "keep on keeping on", right? I'll do my best to pop in as much as I can.

Judy: Thank you, I'm thrilled about staying OP on the weekend. Of course, I had to use my flex points, but that's the way I planned it -- my points week starts on Friday, and I planned to use most of my flex points on the weekend, and I was careful about what I ate when I ate out, because I had to be able to afford breakfast out 2 days in a row, dinner out and a treat at Rollerderby. (I still have five flex points left for the week.) I hope I didn't give you the impression that I got by on my base points on a weekend, but I did track through the weekend, which is a big deal for me -- that's always been one of my sticking points when it comes to WL -- I would be good and count points during the week and then lose it on the weekend. It's been hard, budgeting, and I eat a lot of Grilled Cheese and soup + pickles (4.3 points) to make "ends meet", but it's working so far. :) Re the family gathering -- it sounds like a blast. I'm sorry you had eating troubles -- it is so hard to eat well when you're with family -- it combines the old "deal-breakers" of entrenched habit and unintended social pressure (not that they mean it at all, it is uninentional after all.) I have the same problem, and I struggle with it. Let's exchange a few tips, strategize and keep moving forward -- sound good to you? I think we could start by planning on vacations, stopping at a grocery store to get fruits and veggies to nibble on, and 0 or 1 point snacks if you can find them (Campbell's Chunky Vegetable soup is 1 point and change, and healthy pop has a one serving popcorn that's also 1 point and change, although they may not be core). We can use those healthy snacks to pre-eat before lunches out, fruit, low-point snacks, etc. Then when we eat out, we can start every meal with a side salad, no dressing, to give us something to munch, and we can make healthy choices, big on veggies and lean proteins, with not a ton of carbs. We'll have to choose our treats rather than having them all, as people tend to do on vacations, but we can do it, right?!? That's all I can think of...I struggle with this too, so let me know any tips you have.

Okay, back to work. Take care, ladies, and have a great day!

Princess1122
06-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Just a quick fly by to see what is going on with everyone! I went to the gym last night and did 3 miles on the elliptical and my upper body work out... felt good!

Ariana: I understand what you are saying and use those same methods myself... I was just wiped out and needed some sleep, which I got and felt better for it.

Judy: How are you doing?

I have to run but will check back in later on.
Princess

Ariana2000
06-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Hey there everyone. How's it going? Tomorrow is my WW meeting and official weigh-in; tonight is my unofficial weigh-in. Wish me luck! ;) Nothing else is really new.

Princess: Sounds like you're moving in the right direction. As my spin teacher always says -- "listen to your body".

Judy -- hi there. Hope you're having a good day. :)

Itryharder
06-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Hi Turtles,
I had my official WI at WW's this morning. I was up the 1.8# I lost last week.
Now, don't laugh, but I am actually okay with this gain. In the past on vacations I have gained a pound a day. Since we were gone 4 days, I did quite well. This is especially true since we had a great deal of rain which hindered outdoor walking and swimming, etc. So now I am here, posting, keeping a game plan in mind. This is my top weight. I won't gain any more and I have to keep all the tools in mind. I joined WW's pass program which entitles me to free e-tools and am in the process of figuring out how to use them.

Ariana--I brought fruit and WW snacks with me and they were helpful. Also acceptable are the sugar free fat free puddings that don't need refrigeration,
tiny boxes of cereal, all the good stuff we eat at home that is portable. I'm also finding that lots of hotel rooms includes mini refrigerators and microwaves which also helps. Have a great trip and really enjoy yourself. I'm sorry I can't help you with the points allowable for maintenance since I've never reached maintenance. :eek:

Right now I'm concentrating on the food for Father's Day. I want it to be special, but also have food choices for myself that won't feel like "jail food" and will help me keep on program. Right now I'm thinking shrimp and cut up fruit as appetizers and an angel food cake with pineapple or cherries for dessert along with the ice cream cake my dh loves.

Princess, glad you were able to work out so well. I know that makes you feel super. Keep on chiming in. I love seeing that you and Ariana post. I need all the help I can get. :grouphug:
Judy
234.6/222/thinner into onederland :cool: :woo:

Princess1122
06-14-2007, 08:54 AM
Morning all!

Went to my pilates class last night and enjoyed that... DH and I grilled some fish and had it with rice and a vegetable... I also had one of the WW giant ice cream bars for 2 pts, love those! It was a very nice treat for a hot summer night. Headed for bed and got some sleep... the scale is nudging down ever so slowly so it gives me hope that I am on the right track.

I have my work out stuff with me so will stop by the gym on my way home this evening...

DH and I are going horseback riding on Saturday with some friends, can't wait! It should be a good time as none of us have been on a horse for a very long time so I am sure there will be much laughter!

Father day, well I just have not figured that one out yet... I will likely grill something just not sure what yet... I need to go shopping for DH presents but have not gotten around to it yet... Maybe later today I will run out and at least get that taken care of.

Ariana: I am with Judy, I have never made it to Maintenance so I am clueless... all of the snacks that Judy mentioned are a good idea... Fiber One has come out with snack bars that are very good... the PB one is 3 pts and the Chocolate Oat one is 2 pts, I have those on hand a lot along with banana's, bagel bars (I order those thru Sam's Club, but they are only available on line, not in the stores - 2 pts a piece) WW had these chewy candy things that I had purchased for my Hawaii trip, I got then at the actually WW location on W/I day, they were awesome for the flight and while we were out walking around until it was meal time again... they are only 1 point for the whole pack.

Judy: I know what you mean about expecting to gain 1 pound a day on vacation... I normally see a gain while on vacation no matter how well I do because I know me and once I am out of my "routine" I seem to stumble and maybe not drink as much water as I normally do or extend my portions or whatever so I think you did great!

I have to run but will check back on my lunch break!
Princess

Itryharder
06-14-2007, 09:53 AM
Hi Turtles,
Ariana, tracking all this time sounds great. Good for you
:bravo:

And Princess,
Love your exercise and grilling plans and here's a :cb: for getting up on a horse again. Have a great time.

I'm thinking over my weight loss and it seems that a week is a long time for me. I make it through a few days, go off program, and then have to lose that gained weight before I can resume losing new weight. It may be time for me to catch another meeting per week. I've got the time and the interest; I've just got to make it a priority. Well, at least it's a thought.

Take care, be well.
Judy

Princess1122
06-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Happy Friday all!

Well Friday is here and as always that makes me super happy!

Praying for a good W/I tomorrow... I really do understand about none scale victories and all of that but when you see the scale go down when you are working really hard it just makes all the difference in the world... at least for me it does.
Really looking forward to the horseback riding on Saturday... it should be a hoot!

Best wishes to Ariana for an awesome vacation and to Judy for a great weekend.

I will check back in again later on.
Princess

Itryharder
06-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Hi Turtles,
Have a great weekend, everybody. :cheer: :beach:

All goes well here. I like my attitude. Now, Bandit=-=you'd understand this--dh and I are going out to dinner tonight. It is an unexpected change in plans and I thought I'd just have to deal with Father's Day treats. So, for dinner tonight I'm having salad, lobster (no or little butter) and a baked potato. Sounds yummy and I've got to stick to that. Yesterday worked out well. At my dd's babysitting grandson==when I bring my own food, I do fine. Coming home I overate on Core foods, then realized I was sleepy and caught a nap.
That enabled me to have a tiny dinner and get another weight loss.

You all take care==Ariana--enjoy your weekend and Princess--enjoy those horses!
Judy

Ariana2000
06-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? I'm okay -- very, very tired. And frustrated. I could points, and gained 0.4. Which is basically maintenance. And Mom and I talked about this, and I have to maintain perspective -- I've lost less than 1 pound <b>a month</b>, so 2.5 pounds last week + gaining .4 this week means -- still ahead of the game. It's just frustrating, you know what I mean? But I am taking it as a blip, and I am going to keep on keeping on, as you always say, Judy. I am actually thinking about adding 2 or 3 points a day to my base points. I know it doesn't fit in with my weight and WW's calculations, but here is my thought process -- on Monday, I was too tired to work out. Tuesday I managed to work out, but I felt weaker and more dizzy than usual. Wednesday I had to work until 9 pm, and although I had an apple at 5, when I cracked my back at 7 pm (which I do by putting my arms behind my back, leaning over and bringing up my arms above my head), and I stood back up, there were silver specks everywhere, and my head buzzed, and I had to sit down and grab a chair before for a few seconds before the feeling passed. That never happens to me. And then Thursday, I did spinning, and I had to duck out after 20 minutes because I was light-headed -- I spent some quality time lying down on the locker-room bench, and it took several tries before I could get up and go very far. I ate a small piece of an energy bar and rested, and then I felt well enough to drive home, but still a little weird. That is also very unusual for me. Spinning often makes me a little light headed, but I ease back, and it passes. I'm wondering if maybe I'm not eating enough for my activity level, even though I eat my AP's. Or it's possible that I'm not eating enough before, but I'm eating enough after -- which doesn't explain the problem Wednesday, when I didn't work out at all. So I'm upping my daily points base points by 4 when I go to SF, so we'll see if that helps. I don't know. I hope so. If not, my next step is to cut off those 4 points again and reduce my dinner points in order to eat a bigger snack before working out -- that's hard to do -- my dinner is usually 6 points of a main meal, plus 2 pts for a cup of milk and 1 point for a serving of fruit (plus free veggies) -- I can cut back on that, but I would hate to do so, I am usually SO hungry after working out. Anyway, I just wanted to vent and share my thoughts with my fellow turtles. :)

Judy -- Re: small weight gain: I think you have an excellent attitude. It's important to understand that (and physician heal thyself, I know!), four steps forward and one step back is STILL three steps forward net. So not gaining as much as you ordinarily would on vacation is a definite success. Congrats! :carrot: We are all making major behavioral changes in our lives, and part of making change is taking things slowly. What is the pass program? Is that how you and princess get free e-tools? I have to pay $15 a month if I want that. :( Mostly I just want the recipe calculator. Re trip tips: Thank you, Judy. Those are good tips, and I think they'll help. <crosses fingers> Re Jail Food: I love it. That's exactly how i feel about the healthy food I have to eat when others around me are not eating healthily. My new mantra is -- "it's about the trip, it's not about the food, it's about the trip, it's not about the food." Let's see if I can convince myself of that. ;) Re support and posting -- I will keep posting as much as I can. We are all here to help each other. :) Re tracking: thank you! I'm surprised I made it this far, honestly -- maybe it's because I genuinely believe it will work in the long run, even at a gut level. I guess that's the difference. Also, carrying my tracker in my purse means I have it everywhere I go, there's never an excuse not to track. That may not have stopped me before. We'll see. Re meetings: maybe that's why you need. It's worth a shot, right?

Princess: Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned out! :) Thank you for the tips, I will try some of those things. I love the WW candies, but I never eat more than one or two every few hours -- if I eat a whole pack of them -- well, let's just say that they upset my gastrointestinal system. You know what I mean? :o But they're great in small doses, I substitute one after lunch or dinner instead of the piece of chocolate that I used to eat. I am rather fond of my all-bran bars, which are fairly tasteless, but high in fiber and about 1.5 points -- I call them Sawdust bars, but they're a good snack for when you're really hungry... Re WI: good luck!!! Re my trip: Thank you, I'm looking forward to it! :D

Well, ladies, have a good weekend! I'm going out with J tonight to a movie and ice cream. Tomorrow night I'm also going to another movie and out to dinner with a friend. Enjoy yourselves, and write when you get a chance.

(As an FYI, Monday is probably the last day you'll hear from me for a while. I leave home at noon on Tuesday, and I return to the town where I live (I have to drive 2.5 hours just to get to my parent's house and the airport we're flying out of), on June 25. So you'll probably hear from me June 26, after Monday. Take care!

Princess1122
06-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Well, I had an incredible W/I on Saturday, the hard work paid off and I lost 4.6 lbs and not only broke into the 170's but I also hit my 45 lbs lost mark... very happy about that!

Horseback riding on Saturday was a blast, we had so much fun and I had a great horse named Dillon... he was a beautiful horse and he treated me well... did not through me off on my rear-end :D so he was a champ in my eyes. Fathers day was great for my DH, he got lots of tickets to go see baseball games both here in Indy and in Cincinnati so he was trilled... he is a huge Red's fan.

We were both tired by the long active weekend and sorry to see Monday morning come so soon but all in all it was a great and productive weekend.

Ariana: The dizziness concerns me... I really think you need to up your protein and carb intake before you work out... You know... I would think that maybe you should have your doctor do some blood work... I would bet that you have a low iron and/or Ferritin level and need to take some iron daily... it all fits... the tiredness, dizzy, etc. Just my thoughts though... since I have been taking my iron twice a day I don't get the dizzy spells and am way less tired. But make sure that they include the Ferritin in the blood work as that has to be asked for and a separate test done over and above the regular stuff. Have a great time on your trip and enjoy yourself! You work hard and deserve a good time!

Judy: How are you doing? How was your weekend? I really think the extra meeting each week would help you to stay on track... I know it would me... let me know how it goes.

Have to run but will check back later on.
Princess

Itryharder
06-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Princess,
:bravo: :cp: :cheer: :cb: and :dancer: Yay! It's working for you because you're working for it! :goodscale: Weigh to go! That is a phenomenol weight loss. I think it's great that you worked through your slight gain in the week you upped your exercise and kept on going rather than letting discouragement get you down (and off program). Look at the results. It's so good we have the Turtles to remind us of what has happened in the past and the good results if we keep on doing the right thing. Glad you had such a fun weekend and the horse was a good one! Yay.

Ariana,
Me too--I ditto Princess's remarks. I don't think exercise should be making you dizzy and light headed. I wonder if you might like to get your blood work done and then see a nutritionist to get ideas on how to exercise mightily and still lose weight and stay on the right track. Just a thought. Also, check out the leader at WW's because they often have good ideas and have had experience helping many members.

My weekend was so much fun. I got to get out and help with yard work and have a huge problem with some grass that has invaded my perennials. Ugh--I'm really having to tug to get the grass out of there and it's a slow and tedious project. On the other hand, I also got to go swimming for the first time this season and it was great. Father's Day was fun. My dd bride to be and her fiance and my dd, dgrandson, and d sil all came over to help celebrate. Really nice! Had the best Fathers Day ever. Played bocce (an Italian lawn game involving throwing balls to the smaller ball on the lawn) Object to get your ball closest to the smaller ball and/or knock your opponent's out. Loads of fun--also had easy food. I had prepared a very low cal dip and crudites because my dd was making bacon butties for her dad.
Hysterical--they're a food from Britain involving more fat and artery clogging ingredients than one should ever have. I told everyone that, even though we loved the sandwiches, they could only be served on a biannual basis because no one should be eating these things. Luckily--the rest of the food worked out great. I'm not sure what the scale will show, but I've got 2 days to work on getting my WI weight in shaped.

Okay--gotta go.
Ariana, have a lovely trip. Chime in when you get back and make lots of good memories for yourself.
Judy

Ariana2000
06-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Ladies: Thank you for your concern. Honestly, it (the dizziness) scared me too, especially since it's never happened before. Before I go to a doctor, though I'm going to try eating 2-3 points of extra food before working out -- 2 points of protein, 1 point of carbs -- to see if I feel better. If I do, but I still don't lose weight, I guess I'll just have to cut back on my dinner. I think it's entirely likely that I'm just not eating *enough* for my activity level, regardless of what the WW point system says, including AP's. It's worth a shot anyway, right? If that doesn't work, I'll go to a WW leader, then my doctor if even that doesn't work. Sound good?

On a more chipper note, my weekend was good. I slept a lot -- 1 am to 11 am Saturday, 11 pm to 10 am Sunday -- and I feel much better. I had no time for quilting, but I did clean my whole apartment, which was oddly relaxing -- it gives me a sense of control over my world. Silly, but true. Next weekend I will be in SF, and then the weekend after that I am planning to get a massage, get something nice and healthy for dinner on the way home, and take off Saturday and Sunday -- read, relax, quilt, and not go anywhere with anyone. I need a break! Socializing is great, but sometimes I get so overwhelmed and I just want to be *alone*! But really, my weekend was good, I just need some down-time.

Today is stressful, because I have a lot to do and I'm stuck helping out a new guy. But I'm leaving at noon for home, and then we fly out Wednesday morning, so it will be "all good" very soon. :) :) :)

Princess: That is great! Congrats!!! ::goodscale:: I'm also glad that you had such a good weekend. It sounds like a blast. ;) I am looking forward to my trip -- I think it will be great. :)

Judy: It sounds like you had a great weekend too, grass pulling aside. Those sandwhiches sound fatal. But Britain isn't the only one to earn that dubious honor -- have you ever looked at the nutrition info for Chipotle? I calculated the burrito I used to eat as a college student, and I figured out that it was -- get this -- 24 points! It's amazing the food that we sometimes eat, isn't it? But it sounds like you were strong, and moderated your intake as much as possible, which is great. :)

Well, ladies, I'm off for quite a while. I will chime in when I get back next week...take care; you'll be in my thoughts! ;D

Princess1122
06-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Morning ladies!

Well we finally have some rain here... we have been bone dry here for weeks, the grass is brown and there are water restrictions in place but today it is raining :carrot:.

Not much is new here, best wishes to Ariana for a wonderful vacation! Judy, did you get all of the stray grass pulled out of your garden beds?

I have to run but will check back later on.
Princess

Itryharder
06-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess,
I'm only about 1/3 done with the stray grass and more seems to sprout each day. Ugh. On a high note, I've had 4 special occasions this week with food involved in each and it looks like I've still managed to lose weight. I hope my scale jibes with the WW scale, because I'll be very happy if it does. I am so anxious to really lose weight the way you and Ariana have done rather than these long spells of yo yo=ing.

I'm going to start a new thread now because this one is getting long. See you in #184
Judy