Old 05-29-2007, 06:58 AM   #1  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Default 30 Somethings Chat, Tuesday 5/29/2007

HI EVERYONE!!!!

This is just a quick starter as I have a million things to do before I can settle down for a spell. Just so you know-no, Joan my pumpkin cheesecake with real whipped cream...no man. It was something awful that I have had on my shoulders for 9 years that finally came to pass.

Thyroid is still goofy.....but the weight is basically @ a standstill (not going up, which is good).

Oh my gosh I feel overwhelmed w/all that I have to catch up on here with you wonderful cotton candy goobers!!!!

Ok all-I'll be back in a bit.

Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

welcome back mj...glad to see your chipper face around here. Nothing really to report from me. I didn't do very well this weekend. A bit too much eating and not enough exercising...so back to the grind this morning. I already took the dog for a 45 min walk and now having my healthy yogart. Hopefully today won't be to bad. Good luck all...check back later
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:42 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'!

Mel, did I miss something? What's this about pumpkin cheesecake?? I LOVE pumpkin...and cheesecake!!

I'm beat this AM...and the hag finally showed up.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #4  

well..we were enjoying our long weekend, then we got more bad news...we went to lunch yesterday and then took the baby to see shrek..well the movie hadnt even been on for 15 min when big mario got a call from his mom...she was hysterical..her brother had just been shot and killed...so off to her house we went...i just dont get why so many people are dieing right now...
may 18 - dominics football coach died
may 22 - marios aunt died
may 29 - marios uncle died
doesnt anyone else besides me think that is a lot?
well...i have been walking on the treadmill sat, sun and mon...im gonna go get on it now before i get ready for work...i did lose 4 ounces...its something..i really though i stayed the same so i am happy
i sure hope this week is better for me all the way around...hopefully i didnt bring anyone down...have a great day everyone...and pumpkin cheesecake sounds YUMMY!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:25 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Oh Christina, I'm soo sorry!! Yes, that is a lot. Hang in there and come here for support when you need it!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Christina ~ So sorry as well... It's hard enough to deal with one person dies, much less 3 in one week. No wonder the poor woman sounded hysterical.

Melinda ~ it's good to have you back. We missed you:-).
GG ~ good luck with healthy eating today... I started out this morning with the very same intentions. I'm not feeling too confident about it though as I had a late start this morning and didn't get my exercise in. Whenever I skip the morning exercise I feel at a disadvantage.
Lauren ~ the hag???? Boss? MIL? Fill me in here;-).

We had a great weekend. I fixed a really nice dinner Saturday night and then invited several of our favorite neighbors over. Sunday we went to a graduation party for my niece and then yesterday a bunch of neighbors got together and threw a going away party for us. It was fun. Has anyone tried the new Michelob Ultra lime and cactus beer? There is also Raspberry Pomegrante ~ yum...

Happy Tuesday all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:11 AM   #7  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Christina: Oh my gosh! Unfortunately, they do say it comes in threes, so hopefully the sad news is all over!

Joan: What did you make for dinner??? Cactus beer? Who makes that-is it a Michelob version? Did you drink it? Rasberry pomegrante? Beer? YUMMY! I love this one here in town @ a local brewery that is a berry ale-rasberry wheat.

Lauren: Hey YOU! No, you didn't miss anything...but I had to make it once when I was like 14 (my mom made me make a dessert or salad every Saturday as part of my learning curve). I tripped and it flew all over the kitchen and chunks were behind the stove and everything....so I had to walk to the store by myself to buy all the ingredients again to remake it before they got home. It WAS mighty tasty, though!!! Does Hag = period time?

GG: What all did I miss with you boo-boo bear?

Melinda

Last edited by mjoste; 05-29-2007 at 10:28 AM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Hello all. Thank you for all of the birthday wishes and that video was hillarious!

I did go to see Pirates and it was a great movie! I now realize that my bladder cannot handle a 3hr movie. It was really bad, so I didn't really see the last 1/2 hour or so. I was concentrating too much on not peeing myself. I got the main jist of the story, but will have to see it again for the details.

I have been feeling really sad for the past few days so I had not even turned the computer on. Just watched TV.

Anyway, looks like we have a couple of new additions, so WELCOME!

Christina - My mom always said death comes in 3's, like MJ said. And it does seem to be true. Sorry for the losses. It is really rough.

MJ - Glad you are back. You make me smile.

Ok, I'm going back to TV now. Just too depressed.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'5

Hi girls! I have been gone for quite a while. Still doing good though. Been walking lots with our good spring weather also doing WATP. Today is the first day of summer break so hopefully I can check in a little more.
babybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:40 PM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

IrishJoan- I don't wanna speak for Lauren but the hag may be TOM. Just guessing.

New Fannie- I had the same problem at Pirates 3, couldn't hold it long enough. Was there any conclusion this one, or was it to be continued?

Pumpkin Cheesecake is Delightful. They have it in the fall at the Olive Garden. Much better than pumpkin pie and cheesecake on their own!!!

I lost 6lbs after having the flu. I am just hoping to keep it off now!!!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:44 PM   #11  
Sherry

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies,
Lois Lane Do you think you could sneeze on me??? I just started trying to lose weight last week, and I have worked out every day (cardio 30 min.) M-F and have gained 1/2 pound. I am good with the eating during the day and am still struggling with dinner time(portion control). I have completely given up iced tea and am drinking tons water. I'm hoping the changes are freaking out my body and it doesn't know what to do and will soon start losing the weight. My goal for the next two weeks is to try to eat better.

All this talk about cheesecake......mmmmmmm cheesecake.

Kerri~ I know the last thing you want to do is get up but you should get out of the house and go for a walk. You will feel ten times better.

Christina~so sorry to hear...my family always says the 3 rule too. Hopefully no more sad news.

Talk to ya all tomorrow.

Sherry
J K L A s Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!
Christina sorry to hear about all the sad news, it is a lot.
I had a great morning today, lots of things acomplished!!!
I went to the gym and had a great workout!
I got to run, I will try to check in later.
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Christina - Hugs for you. Sorry about all the death...and yes they do say it comes in 3's...so maybe this is it...i at least hope so.
MJ...nothing overly exciting to report here. Heading up to ALT this weekend for some more house hunting...yea (can you see the sarcasim..i'm keeping fingers crossed that this time will be it...it has to be or else).
joan - i actually stayed on plan today...was very happy with myself. Although i didn't drink enough water...but i'll try to be better tomorrow
hey to everyone else i missed. heading off to do more work..night!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote