Old 05-29-2007, 06:48 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 5/28 - 6/3

Sorry I didn't get a chance to start a new thread yesterday - the holiday threw me off. I'll be back later to post.

Judy
JudySP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264.5/254/180

Hi guys! Hope everyone had a great long weekend!

5/28: 256
5/29: 255.5
jenlvjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/205/165

Height: 5'8

Hi, can I join y'all? I went to a meeting to get the material last Tuesday, but I just can't afford to go every week so I'm doing it at home. I officially started last Wednesday, so I'll post my progress as of today.

SW = 211.8
CW = 205.6

I'm so excited!

I have a couple of questions though. I've seen things said on here about digital scales, should I buy a different scale? Should I only take the weight on the scale from the first time I weigh myself in the morning? When I weighed myself again yesterday a few hours after I woke up, I was 3 lbs heavier! I'm pretty sure it was due to all the water I was drinking, but still, it had me worried.
Magdalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:21 AM   #4  
going thin

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'3

Hey Magdalena! I was doing the other scale and it worked fine. The only thing is like I have been at 185 for a couple of weeks and you really can't tell if you are going up or down by .2 or .4. I changed to a digital scale this week. I only weigh myself officially once a week (just like I would for WW) and I always try to do the same time. It just seems more accurate. I will weigh myself throughout the week or day but not for the final post! Hope that helps!
stengel150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/205/165

Height: 5'8

Yes it does, thank you stengel! I've become obsessed with the scale it seems. I just have to get on it all the time. It's in the kitchen and almost every time I walk by, it screams at me to step on it! lol I'm trying to break that though, I don't want to get discouraged. So far, I'm loving weight watchers! I'm so glad I finally decided to do it.
Magdalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:00 PM   #6  
Romans 12:1,2

S/C/G: 290/266.8/132

Height: 5'0"

Hello All.

Not sure when I last posted on a WI here. (It's been several weeks, at least) I made it to my first 10% (from 290 down to 261) and I have been yo-yo-ing up and down lately. I have NOT been drinking my water, exercising or journaling. I have NOT been making good choices and it is really showing and I am upset with myself, but obviously not upset enough to stop my destructive behaviors.

So I am back here to be accountable again. I am at 263.8 and I am really wanting to make this a LIFESTYLE not a DIET. I am tired of food consuming me as I consume it...it's a vicious circle!!!

One day, one hour, one minute, one second, one moment at a time!!!
InHisImage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #7  

Magdalena - welcome! That's a great first week. A word of advice, if I may. Try to stay off the scale, especially multiple times during the day. That is a sure way to make yourself crazy. Your weight can vary for so many reasons on a day-to-day basis let alone hour to hour. I wish I could only weigh myself once a week which is what WW says but I haven't gotten to that point yet. I generally weigh myself every day, in the morning, and that's it.

Jen - You've made great progress so far! I would suggest you try to follow what WW does too - that is, weigh yourself officially once a week and post that. The scale can really do a number on your head otherwise.

Marcia - Welcome back. I think it's harder to come back after you've gained a little so good for you!! I'm in a similar situation - I had couple of bad weeks but I'm trying to pull this one out! You're absolutely right about it being a lifestyle and not a diet - it's not something we go off and stay off but we get right back on and keep trying live the healthy lifestyle.

As I said, I had a couple of not-so-great weeks. We were away a couple of weekend ago and while I didn't do badly, I wasn't as careful as I could have been and then let that slip into the rest of the week. Hurting my back doing a little gardening didn't help either. I've been consistent with yoga but really have to try to get moving more and get back to some weights, too. I have been yo-yoing up and down too and I know that upping the exercise will help. I have a dinner to go to tomorrow. I'm giong to try to eat low point during the day, limit the alcohol to one glass of wine and choose the fish (there are four choices for dinner and I'm sure one of them is fish).

Have a great one!
Judy
JudySP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:51 PM   #8  
going thin

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'3

Here it is MY THURSDAY MORNING WEIGH IN! I went up 1.8lbs 186.8. I am still sick and looks like I have a abcessed tonsil and will either need it to be removed or drained? They have had me on a steroid and I am hungry all of the time!
stengel150 is offline   Reply With Quote