Old 05-28-2007, 06:59 PM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fab & Fit 40's And 50's! #185

Hi everyone,
Happy Memorial Day~ with thoughts of and prayers for all the members of the armed forces, past and present. Peace.

Dianne,
You're doing great! Mondays are difficult, why have that hanging over your head as well, right? Hope the bowling was fun! You're a brave woman.

Susan,
I love brats also, but as you said, the points are so high! You're doing so well. Good choice on the tomatoes. I'm waiting very impatiently for the home-grown ones. We got an early start and our garden is doing great.

Zoe,
Happy Birthday!!! (belated)
Hope it was happy!
You are in my thoughts as you deal with your Mom's illness. So much information is an overload to begin with when dealing with a serious illness. Multiple drs. compounds it. You've got a good outlook and I hope you keep you chin up. Enjoy each day and I love what you said, that you'll talk to her tomorrow.

Es,
Chin up and don't be hard on yourself. You and I are in this together. Let's make good food choices this week, ok? WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Terri,
How's your summer going? If I'm not mistaken , your kids are out of school already, aren't they?

I'm beat, we got a LOT accomplished this weekend.
The guest room had been out of control, with switching over the winter to summer clothes, as well as sorting thru all the outgrown toys that are there from the boys, as well as trying to re-arrange the room to accomodate the treadmill. Not to mention trying to pack it all up in order to drywall, paint and decorate it! I'm hoping to have that room finished by the end of summer

The pool is OPEN!!! Grab your suits and come on over! Well, the water is a bit cold, but in a week or so, we'll be in it. Joe worked most of Saturday and again this morning on it. but it's worth it.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Sandy, where are you? Hope you're out in your garden. How's your Mom?

have a great week~
Jen
Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #2  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Jen - I have to tell you this, because I was cracking up. I read the part in your post when you said I was a brave woman (re:taking 5 grandchildren bowling) and right after that I read "I love brats too" - somehow I missed the Susan part and went straight to that - so....I thought you were calling my grandchildren brats I laughed for a good 5 mins. But, yes, we did have a great time! Yesterday, I got a call from Alana asking me if I wanted to help paint her new apt. - I had hoped to relax yesterday, but I couldn't say no to my girl Actually it was fun. She actually painted her walls in the dining room - Mango (looked like Pepto Bismal exploded all over the walls - but I wisely said it was beautiful.

Great going on attacking your guest room. I have a room like that, but its called "Justin's" room, lol.
I'm gonna grab my suit and come right over to your pool, lol - enjoy it.

Well, I gotta get back to work - but hi to everyone Be back later or tomorrow.
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Just stopping by for a quick hello... W/I was not what I wanted on Saturday... up .6 not sure what happened but I will figure it out...

My everyone sounds so busy...

Have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne!
That is too funny I had the giggles for quite a while after reading your post. I'm not even going to defend myself because you know what my intent was! Alana's dining room sounds very up to date. Those type of colors are so popular now. When you referred to the Pepto-Bismol color, I had a flash-back to an apt. we had; we painted the bathroom a bright shade of pink and Joe kept on saying it looked like Pepto-Bismol I'm sure she loves it.

Susan,
I know you're not sweating the minor gain. Don't forget muscle weighs more....all the exercise could be the factor?

Very warm here today, and muggy/humid. We had plans to work in the gardens, but are both vegging after a busy work day.

HI ES, TERRI, SANDY, ZOE, RUTH!

~Jen
Old 05-30-2007, 03:32 PM   #5  

Just a quick drop by...

Jen: Yup, it could be the exercise and then again my TOM arrived on Sunday so that could be it also... not a great time for it to arrive as my anniversary was Monday but what can you do... mother nature has a mind of her own.

Hope all is well with everyone... sure sounds like everyone is busy and doing lots of summer things... so glad the warm weather has arrived... like Jen said, it is hot here...

Take care!
Susan
Old 05-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #6  

HI EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!! We just a new pc. We didn't have one for awhile. Britts had her laptop but I don't like using those. I did a little but not much.
I MISS EVERYONE!!!
I missed some birthdays. Es, Zoe and Jen!

Hope you had great days.
Congrats Es on David's engagement. WOW!!!! That is so cool!

I am so sorry I haven't been around. The kids got out last Friday. Brandon got braces today. He is late getting them on a little late (he will be a junior) because his teeth wouldn't come in. He isn't to happy but he'll be ok. Brandon is getting his license next week.
Bradley will be a fresman in the Fall and Brittany will be a senior in college.
Time sure flies.
We are traveling to Ohio at the end of June and we will take Tanner for the first time. We will also have Bosco. Bruce said "I wanted to go on vacation not a safari."

I am so glad to be able to come back. CONGRATS on all the losses.

Terri
points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:42 PM   #7  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Saturday Weigh In?????????

Well ladies, it's Saturday, my WI day and I didn't go AGAIN. I mean, my intention was to go since I haven't been there in 5 weeks and have been SO off my program with all that has been going on with my Mom. Stress has gotten the better of me and my eating so I am sure that I've gained that 10 pounds I lost and added a few more on.

That said, I AM back on track and will be at my WW meeting next Saturday. Nothing major going on that I would need to eat like I was grazing.

Today we are having a family portrait(s) done. Greg and I, Jenna and Jim, my son Christian and of course, Miss Rylea. It's going to be outdoors and I am forcing them all to wear the same color......they hate it! The photographer suggested darker colors and no sleeveless shirts/blouses/dresses. We are wearing khaki pants and black shirts. I saw these colors on a photo they had on their website and it looked great. Of course I would have rather had jeans and no shoes but they would never have gone for that! We're doing this at 5:30 tonight. That is when, in their expert opinion, the lighting is best for photos. That and 9am in the morning. So that is our plan for today, then out for dinner for Greg's birthday which was yesterday. He wants to go to some BBQ place so I am going to have chicken and try to stay away from the fattening stuff.

Jen ~ we've been using our pool too. It's been hot but so much rain here. It's sunny now and I can only hope it lasts for tonights photos.

Susan ~ don't worry about the .6 - I'm sure it will be gone in a blink of an eye.

Terri ~ glad to see you back again

Hi Dianne, Sandy (how's your mom?), Es, and Ruth
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:23 PM   #8  

Hello my buddies:

Terri! - so good to hear from you again. My goodness, your family is growing in leaps and bounds! I remember when Britts was 14! What happened? lol

ZoeGirl - With everything going on with your mom, its no surprise that you haven't been on program. You'll get back, don't worry. to Greg. The family portrait sounds cool - hope the weather holds out. Is miss Rylea wearing khaki pants and a black shirt too?

Susan - How was wi today? You probably lost that .6 right away. You're doing great.

Hey Jen - have you been in the pool this weekend?

Amiga, how are you doing? How is David and his fiance? Still getting married in 2009?

Hi Sandy and Ruthie, hope you guys are well.

I had my wi today and I'm down 1 more lb. for a total of 7. Feeling good. Went to help Alana and Sal in the new apartment and that was my exercise for today, lol. Tomorrow the University has commencement and its in the city. I wish I didn't have to go, but then I'm happy when I get that extra $450 for the day, lol. Its just such a long day.

Well, gotta get to bed, leaving early tomorrow morning. Have a great Sunday everyone. Talk to you's soon.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-da...145/152.5/.png

Last edited by decemberdianne; 06-02-2007 at 11:29 PM.
decemberdianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:41 AM   #9  

Morning all! Crazy weather here... one day it is hot and the next it is rainy and cold... 57 degrees here this morning!

The scale it just not moving down for me right now... I have lowered my points since I am sitting right on the line that would bump me down another point anyway... you would think that losing one point a day would not be a big deal but it is... oh well, I am heading back to the gym and start doing the elliptical more often in hopes that will help get me going again...

I have to run but have a great day all!
Susan
Old 06-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #10  

Default Morning all!

Just stopping by to see what is going on with everyone... went to the gym last night and did some time on the elliptical... it was some long hard miles but I felt much better when I was done... I am really keeping track of what I am eating and am hoping to see the scale start going down again... I feel like I am stuck so I needed to really be honest with myself and now I realize it is my fault, the lack of strong cardio and too many un-journaled snacks has been my downfall.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Susan
Old 06-06-2007, 07:58 PM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Susan,
It's great that you're recognizing what you need to improve upon. You continue to succeed, irregardless of what the scale says!

Dianne,
Congrats on the loss! You're doing very well. Is Alana's apt. relatively close to where you live?
I was spoiled, Joey's "bachelor" apt. was about 7 miles away. Now that he and Iliana have an apt. in Chicago, they're about 20. I know that is not much, but it's more!

Terri,
I was beginning to worry about where you were! When did your kids grow up so quickly? Isn't it amazing? But, of course, WE are not aging

Zoe,
The family portrait sounds wonderful. I like your choice of clothing colors. That planning can make the picture look awesome.
A belated Happy Birthday to Greg!

Es,
How's everything? I miss you!

Sandy,
HI!! Hope all is well.

We were able to get our first swim in on Saturday. It felt so GOOD! to be back in the water. I'm considering taking aqua-exercise classes during the coming winter at our local park district. It is so easy on my knees to exercise in the water.

Has anyone watched Pirate Master on CBS? The first episode was last Thursday. One of the contestants on it is named Louie, from New Jersey...he's an uncle of a guy I work with. Louie was gone for 16 weeks, but is not allowed to divulge the outcome, much like Survivor. Check it out!

take care,
Jen
Old 06-06-2007, 09:18 PM   #12  

Hi everyone:

Susan - great going on the eliptical training - sounds tough. Its good that you can recognize what you're doing or not doing and then you can fix it. I think we all have the case of "blt's" (bites, licks and tastes) that we don't always count and I know in my case they can certainly add up. I'm sure you'll see a difference.

Jen - Alana lives about 15 mins away - not bad. Eventually, they'll probably buy a house in New Jersey, but that's still better than North Carolina!

It must have felt wonderful to get into that pool. Have Brandon and Matthew been in yet? Sounds like a good idea to join those aqua-exercise classes. I love the water. Next month willie and I are going upstate to stay in a cabin for a week. Not really roughing it even though its a campground "resort", lol. It has 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, bathroom, etc. That's my kind of "camping", lol. They have a great pool too. We've been going there since the kids were little. Now the grandchildren are enjoying it. Lisa and Mike are renting a cabin there also and Sal & Alana are going to stay with us for a few days as well. Darren & family may come up over the weekend we're there. It should be fun.

ZoeGirl - How did the photo shoot go - Did Ms. Rylea like having her portrait done?

Hi Es, Terri, Sandy, and Ruthie Hope you guys are doing well.

I will talk to you's soon.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-da...145/152.5/.png
Old 06-07-2007, 09:43 AM   #13  

Morning all!

Jen: The pool sounds wonderful! My last house had a very nice in-ground pool and boy do I miss that! Have a great time and I think that the winter water sports sounds like a great idea for you... I used to do them when I had my YMCA membership and I really enjoyed them and I felt that they added a great amount of value to my routine.

Dianne: Yep, those little bits really do add up and it is a hard habit to break... at least for me it seems to be... LOL.

Well I went to the gym again last evening before my pilates class and got in another 3 miles on the elliptical... I have another pilates class this evening and am going to try and take a walk on my lunch break today... it is supposed to hit 90 degrees so I am not so sure how far I will make it... LOL. Doing pilates two nights in a row is not a great idea but I had to reschedule my regular Saturday class due to my DH company picnic and this was about the only day I could fit it in. But doing it back to back does not give my muscles time to heal and that can lead to inflammation but I am still praying for a good W/I on Saturday morning... It would just be a huge boost to me if I could break down into the 170's. I am really journaling, doing cardio, and the pilates so I will just keep at it, it will pay off eventually!

Have a happy day all!
Susan
Old 06-08-2007, 08:06 AM   #14  

Default Happy Friday!

Morning all, just a quick drop by to see what is going on with everyone... I am disappointed that the scale is not moving but I will be at W/I tomorrow no matter what... I just hope a miracle happens between now and then... LOL.

Well I have to fly but have a great weekend!
Susan
Old 06-09-2007, 08:47 AM   #15  

Good morning all:

Well, I hit a snag today at wi - I'm up 1 lb But, I can tell you I wasn't too surprised since I had a bad eating week and to top that off I didn't walk one night this week. So, you could say I got my just desserts (pun intended). So, I just have to do better this week and hope to lose that darn lb.

Susan - how did your wi go? I know you've been working your butt off exercising this past week. Good luck.

How is everyone else doing? The weather is kind of strange here in NY - they predicted 90 degrees yesterday and it certainly did not get that high and then there was a mist going on and it was cool when I left work. Guess its the whole "global warming" thing.

Alana and I are getting pedicures today - this will be my first ever! I just never thought it too cool for someone to be touching my feet (except for Willie of course, lol). But Alana raves about getting one, so I'm gonna try it.

I hope everyone has a great day and weekend.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-da...145/153.5/.png