Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Question Where is the website for virtual bathing suit model?

I thought it was Lands End, but maybe I'm missing it. I thought there was a website that sold bathing suits, and you could plug in your height, weight and see what the suit might look like on you.
Is it Lands End or something else?
Thanks!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi - Yes, it is Lands End. I recently bought a suit there and had fun playing with the virtual model. Once you 'try on' the suit, you can rotate it to see yourself from all angles. You are even able to put in your hair style and color and basic face shape, so the model sort of looks like you!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #3  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

walking2lose - did you like the one you got? I was hoping to get by without a swim suit this summer, but we live near a HUGE water park, and I can't stand be hot another summer, watching from the side lines again!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Yes, actually I do, but I have to confess I bought 2 and am sending one back. Believe it or not, the sales person on the phone suggested I do that. You don't have to pay shipping to send it back if you have a Sears nearby. Take it there and send it for free! I plan to do it this weekend (I got my suit about 2 weeks ago, but I haven't had a chance to get to my Sears yet)

I also have to confess -- I was on the computer for 2 nights looking at them before I bought. My husband thought I was a little nuts, but they have so many I could not decide. I really wanted one that I felt comfortable in. Last year I managed to go the entire summer without putting a suit on, and I live in Virginia near the ocean! I cannot remember how long it had been since I bought a new suit-- years! So, it was a splurge (WAY, WAY more than I would normally spend on anything, let alone a swimsuit), but I do think it was worth it.

I got a tankini top with the short black skirt bottom. The skirt I got is not the control top (they were backordered, plus I didn't want that 'control top' feeling). The skirt is a quick dry material - really comfortable and good quality. I can look and see what it's called if you want.

Good luck - they have lots of choices, so I hope you find something!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:15 PM   #5  
I'm a LOSER, baby!

The virtual model does not come in my size.
hidingtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:32 AM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidingtazz View Post
The virtual model does not come in my size.

Go to mvm.com and create your model there. I know what you mean about the virtual model not coming in your size. Does the publisher think women only go up to 200 lbs? Anyway, try this one and see, it worked for me. I clicked on the tab "dress up" and chose Lands End, and it automatically took me to the plus size clothing, kind of neat.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:06 PM   #7  
I'm a LOSER, baby!

I will try that.

Thanks!
hidingtazz is offline   Reply With Quote