Carb Counters - Check in Chat - Monday, May 28th - June 3rd

Leenie
05-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Good Morning,

I'm just starting up today's thread to make sure everyone is okay with the new server move. If your having problems, please PM Suzanne or check out the Announcements and Forum Help board. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40

So ????? how are you all planning (or not) on staying OP during the bbq's today and this weekend ??? I know it was always a big challenge for me when I was LCing.

Well chickies....have a good Memorial Day !!!!

Time to hit the sales ;)

beach bum
05-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Good Morning Leenie :)

Thanks for starting us up on this beautiful Memorial Day,we have alot to be thankful to all our men & woman in our military now and years past fight & die in our wars to keep this country free.Remember them especially today.

Gee!! I really missed you guys,didn't read the notice on the top,until I want to get in to post and I couldn't.Hope you'll stay OP or close to it. Happy that my W-I was on Saturday soI have the whole week to work on my low carbing until I get on the scale again

We're had two BBQ's so far,and I think they we're OP. yesterday we each had 1/2 BBQ chicken with corn on the cob and salad. Today we're having BBQ Hamburger and Hot Dogs on Atkins Revolution Rolls with salad on the side. Not sweets or dessert this year.

I want to reach my goal by the end of this year and I have a long[20 lbs.] way to go.

Have to go,will be back later.

Hugs :) BB

Puncezilla
05-28-2007, 01:54 PM
No problem with the new server that I'v noticed, I realy apreciate all of you who keep this site running . Thank you.

I don't have to wory, about any extras as we dont have a holliday this weekend here in Canada. It's a good thing since I am a huge sucker for BBQ.
We where car shopping most of the weekend and finaly bought a 95 jimmy. It is in good shape with realy low kilometers, I like it and DH is supper happy about it. I'ts much nicer than the old truck I was driving befor.

BB, Im sure you will reach your Goal, You have been doing so well.

I'm down another lb this morning YaY 2lb to go to onederland! my clothes are starting to feel realy big now.

I hope you all had a wonderful holliday weekend!

lady_adnerb
05-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I stunk this weekend. Back to the drawing board tomorrow. I can tell by the look of my belly I binged on too many carbs. Bloated! Good thing is, TOM is gone tomorrow so I should be not having too many cravings for chocolate. It'll make it a little easier to get back to LC'ing. I'm afraid to step on the scale! Going to wait until the end of the week!!

beach bum
05-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

I did good with my menu yesterday but I had potato salad and that was too many carbs 2 lbs worth. on the scale this morning I have 4 days to get the scale down ago at my W-I.

Puncezilla-Big congrats :cheers: on your one lb loss that 2 to go to be in onederland. I hope you're right,that I will reach my goal. I'm been dieting on Atkins since Aug 06,at 155 and than I went on my 40th wedding Anniversary Cruise to Hawaii and gained 13 lbs. lost 8,but its taking forever to get the last 5 lbs off. Once I do that I will work on the last 15 to lose to reach my 140 goal.

Brenda-Sorry:sorry: you had a hard time with carbs, I had the same problem with the good old potato.Even when I started watching my at WW in 1990 The potato was always the culprit but do I learn from the past :nono:NO. Had to have that potato salad. You were smart to stay off that scale I had to be curious and curiosity killed the cat.

Heres that we all have a good week weightwise.

RobinW
05-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Im back on plan (again) So Im back here regularly, to keep me honest. Life has been really crazy around here. We finally got everything moved into the new store, everything is finally all coming together. I'll have to get some new pictures up in my blog soon.

Anyway, Im up too many lbs to mention....time to get serious!!

Puncezilla
05-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Good morning.

Hi Brenda, :hug: Don't sweat the weekend, just get right back on track. I think maybe you are to hard on yourself, dont' let the little slip ups discourage you and throw you off. I'm never 100% perfect on plan either.

BB, :D Thank you! and I'm sure most of the 2lbs is water and will be gone by wiegh-in. I could never wait a week to step on the scale, can't stand the suspence:lol: . I do every morning, and if I get the same # for three mornings I count it as a true loss or gain.

Hi Robin, I'm glad things are going good with your store. :wave: nice to have you back with us again.

lilybelle
05-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi ladies, my weekend eating pretty well BIT. I stuck on plan with meals, but then indulged in snacky junk. I haven't weighed today but I feel fatter. I did get in a lot of yard work and gardening, so at least I wasn't just idle. Sunday was a fun time at the lake with the kids, they all skied and wake-boarded behind our boat.

I'm cooking beans, potatoes and onions, with cornbread for dinner. Most of this came from my garden. But, it definitely isn't OP food, so I'll wait and try to get back on plan tomorrow. (I did skip lunch to try to save some of my calories for dinner). Today, I went out and weeded a bunch around my flowers and pulled up potatoes and onions and watered all my plants. Yesterday I worked a couple hrs. with big pruning shears, cutting a bunch of low-hanging tree branches. I once again have blisters on both hands.

Some good news today in the mail. After 10 long years we no longer owe any child support. (since the youngest 2 of the SD's have now moved in with us). This should make DH in a good mood today. LOL. Now we can get a court order for his XW to pay him child support. Yippeee.

Arkansas Kel
05-30-2007, 07:28 AM
Ok, my weekend is here. (I work th-Mon nightshift). I did soso. I have been on - no off - no on - no off program. Dinner with family - ate a few bites of off program stuff - started with a HUGE salad :), followed by 1 pc fried catfish steak (yep, ate the breading but it wasn't thick breading), 1 small bbq rib (real sauce - oops), huge pile of green beans (YAY) and a few bites of ckn and dumplings (those are one of my kryptonites). Was up all night at work - ate 2 choc chip cookies from snack machine - how did that happen? I'm usually so good. Then breakfast with my husband's family (he had relatives in - that's why we're eating out anyway) - had toast with my bacon and eggs. Had 2 pcs toast. Ok it wasn't a total blow. Woke up this AM at 3, up by myself. Good movie on the tube. DH left Fritos scoops in kitchen? WTH. I don't buy corn chips for a reason. I can't eat just 1 serving. I ate half the bag. OK, back OP. Gotta quit the wishy washy. Gotta do this thing right again.

I am at 212.5 today. I'm working my way back to where I left off before I got sick. At least the damage was minimal.

nasus40
05-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Well noted that the scale is slightly moving but more importantly is the legs are looking a slight bit slimmer fat is shifting. (hips look way to big for the legs) but that is the way I drop. hips and gut is last to go.)

Had a good day yesterday until breakfast and well dinner well I guess that is not good at all!! Will do better today.

Had the physical for the new job and they did a better job that most. really worked on eval my carpel tunnel. I kept saying it really is no big deal It has been there for 15 years and I still seem to do fine with out dropping thigs she did reccomend the braces at night as we tend to curl the arms up and that will lock the wrists and pinch the nerve. so I will be buying some braces today.

Did all my garden on the side on Monday, and wow it looks great I am sure proud of it. now if only the flowers live and grow like they are suposed to do. I just need to finish the potted flowers then i will be done. I put the left over plants in pots and stick them in between the bushes and they look great. no digging in the mulch and ripping holes in the plastic.

Kel fritos are my down fall too. the same reason I do not buy them.

Lilly I tried Potatoes in the garded once, and well what a disaster. just mounds of dirt and bugs. Some potatoes but they were all very small. We do not have that garded any more. moved.

Puncezilla I do the same thing with my scale. 3 days for same reading or atleast twice, and I will get excited.

lilybelle
05-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi ladies,

Kel, my downfall this past weekend was cheese puffs, cookies and mixed nuts. I'm back OP today. Haven't weighed yet to survey the damage. I'm just chalking it up to the fact that it was a holiday weekend and most of the time we were at the lake. So, I'm moving on and back to my regular plan today.

nasus, I didn't have any trouble growing potatoes. I am pulling some while they are still small for "new potatoes" to use with fresh green beans. I love them that way. We sprinkle all the plants with SEVEN dust to keep the bugs off. It really seems to work.

I only planted the watermelon and cantaloupe last week and just can't wait to eat them. LOL. I am amazed at how quickly things grow. 2 days ago, I had 10 small tomatoes on my plants, but yesterday I had 17 tomatoes on my plants. Now both rows of peas have 2-3 inch pea pods on them. I have squash everywhere that is 3-4 inches long. My corn plants are about waist high. I want DD to take a pic of garden for me so I can post it. I'm so proud of all my hard work. DH keeps telling me I'm a "great farmer". LOL. All the hedges I planted started out 6" high and now are 1.5 feet high.

jabunney
05-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Good morning everyone.
Ok so today I am really really tired. I was up till about 1:30 am cleaning for my "Pampered Chef Party" tonight, and trying to make everything look "perfect" does it you ask? NO! I have slacked off and had to do so much and I still have to cook when I get home... Arghh!
Then I woke up late, 6:00am instead of 5:15 and I did the typical B/N weigh in, and I am up 1lb... I am getting frustrated. REALLY frustrated, I have not cheated with the exception of Sunday when I had a couple drinks at the BBQ but it seems as if everytime I drink I lose 1-2 and then now I have been stuck in the same place for a WEEK...

OK so I am a bit testy today but comeon! I am 31 and this just isn't working like it did when I was 27! I still am having a hard time getting the strips purple. and I honestly have not cheated... I don't know what i am doing wrong except the last 5-7 days I haven't been eating my veggies cuz I thought that if I just do protein, and very very low carbs that might make a difference. I am not having anymore of those SugarFree candies, I ate the last one lst night and I slowed way down on those. like to 1-2 a day, so I am not going to buy anymore of those and I was also looking in the book, My favorite soda is "diet" orange soda and I have 2 of those a day but I drink more then 2 liters of water every weekday I have a 2 ltr jug at my desk here at work and I fill it up twice a day and if I don't finish the 2nd one I am not hard on myself as that would be 4 liters but I make myself do at least the 1 jug a day.
On top of that I have been on my period for like the last 2 weeks on and off... *(sorry gentlemen, (If there are any on here))*!!!
I told my friend that I am about ready to give up... I don't know why the first 12 lbs came off so fast and now ABSOLUTLY nothing...
I am having that party tonight and I really want to eat a few things. but i am afraid if I have even the littlest of carbs that I won't be able to get back on the wagon... ANY SUGGESTIONS!

arghhhhhh!!!
Sorry everyone I guess I feel safe enough to rant here!!!

RobinW
05-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Im not sure what to tell you ja, but I think having your period for the last 2 weeks on and off would have alot to do with it. I was like that before starting low carb 10yrs ago....once I got into the swing of things, everything evened out. I have pcos, and only the last 5 yrs of my life, have I been regular. Im sure the hormonal stuff, has alot to do with why you are not loosing right now. Hang in there, and dont give up. You'll be alright :)

Me, Im still struggling. I stepped on the scale yesterday, and reached another all time high since I had lost all the weight. For some reason, I am having an extremely difficult time eating the way I am suppose to be. It has gotten to a point, where absolutely NOTHING fits anymore. I have to go out this afternoon and pick up a couple t-shirts. I will get better....I just need it to get better now.

lady_adnerb
05-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I stepped on the scale also this morning....and was a little surprised it said what it did--but should have expected it. I'm hoping that I can get back OP and drop this stuff. I've had to buy knew clothes (back into elactic wasted pants/shorts) again so that I could breathe (or bend over. But not at the same time!!). Have a great day ladies and don't forget your water!!!

beach bum
05-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Hi Ladies:)

We had a beautiful day for walking,but DH & I decided to take the day off from walking along the beach:beach:, maybe I do some arm weights while watching tv.

Punezilla-You were right :yes: I lost 1 lb of the 2 this morning so maybe i lose the other before my W-I.

Robin-Welcome:welcome2: back,happy to see that your new business is taking shape. Good luck and best wishes that its successful.

Lily-You certainly a great gardener .Hope all your veggies :carrot: :broc: turn out and no bunnies try to eat the leaves for harvest time. Happy that things are working out with the child support.

Kel-Happy:carrot: to see you back on the low carb wagon,and that your weight didn't suffer that badly. I stayed OP over the holiday weekend except for corn on the cob & Potato Salad,I will never give that up,as its my favorite veggie especially at a BBQ or Picnic.The potato salad is once in a while food,so it never will be missed.

Nasus-Happy:) to hear that you're losing both ways in weight & slimming. :congrats: in those two achievements. Hope the wearing the braces at night help you carpel tunnel.

Jabunney-Sorry :sorry: you having so much trouble on the old scale. That fantastic that you lost 12lbs,but that was water weight. After that the body takes time to lose the next pound. We all went thought that.That 1 lb that you gained this weekend will come off its
water. You have to be patient,when you said that you just ate protein to keep the carbs low, wasn't a good idea.The body need carbs to burn for energy.After you got off the Induction Plan and go on the OWL you have to add carbs [20-25] not take them away.You might be going into a starvation mode,where the scale will not budge. Hope that helps,and by all means this is the place to rant and rage!! We are here on this thread to help & support you any way we can.

Have a great one

Puncezilla
05-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Lily , No more child support that must feel great. So do you have 3 teenage girls in your house now? How is your DD feeling? any beter yet? I would love to see a picture of your garden it sounds so wonderful.

Kell, I find having house guests realy throws me off, Its just harder to resist when there are more people around. I'm lucky my DH no longer buys much junk food, I know I cant resist if its in the house. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time.

Nausus, Your garden sound lovely as well. I'ts sure nice when you start to feel some positive changes in your body shape, even if the scale moves so slowly.

Jamie, 2 weeks? That sucks, it could be whats causing you to stall. I think If you know you aren't going to be able to resist the food at the party you should plan to be off plan . I think its better to allow yourself an evening off, than to cheat and feel guilty about it later. As long as you try not to go oveboard and just start fresh tomorrow. I'v had a few weeks here and there when I didn't lose anything and its hard not to get frusterated but it always comes off eventualy. Have a good time at your party.

Hi to everyone else as well hope your having a good day.

I'm getting company this weekend. A good friend I havent seen in 5 years and her family are comming to town. They have 2 little girls I have never met so I'm pretty excited. I never know what to feed people when they stay here DH & I realy don't eat like normal people. I usualy eat Brunch around 10 then a snack in the afternoon then dinner and thats all. I'm not used to making 3 meals and I dont realy know what her kids will want to eat. I'm sure it will be hard to stay 100% op. Anyway I have a lot of housework to do so I'll check in later.

Puncezilla
05-30-2007, 01:35 PM
:joker: HaHa.. I type so slow, three people posted while I was typing.:wave:

jabunney
05-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Hey BB, and RobinW
Thank you so so much I was thnking about that today when I just had to get out of work for a bit. I usually don't leave for lunch but today, I just got out and drove around. Wanted to take a nap but was afraid to sleep in the car, and shouldn't have been just pointlessly driving with gas prices, but I am still on the induction part, I heard you could stay on that untill you met your goal? Maybe I am just doing this all wrong. So I binged today on Macadamia nuts, and I bought a small pack or S/f carmel drops... After I said I wasn't going to eat anymore of those stupid candies... *3 hours later* :?:
But at least I only had 3 of them and the nuts were ok on this so I guess that I didn't go off plan... Came back to work ate my Mixed green leaf salad with zesty italian dressing, and some chili, that I made last night so I did get a little carbs with the half a can of kidney beans that I put in the whole pot!

I am off the pity wagon now and am going to keep trudging along, but just so very tired... Have to go home today and get ready for the party so i am sure that it will be another late night... :yawn:

Thanks everyone for their support today! Love ya all!!! ;)

Ja

jabunney
05-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Puncezilla
Hello Friend Thank you I also type slow... I will let you guys know and I plan to stay on plan but... after today???

signing out...

thanks all! ;)

Arkansas Kel
05-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Punce - enjoy the company, don't make food the focus - except of course some fabulous low carb fare! I managed only moderation when ours were here - but that's better than I could have done. I could have easily been off the wagon - sitting in the ditch - eating my ice cream and cake - waving bye to the wagon as it drove away around the bend. Instead I was just dangling off the side.

Danged fritos are still in the house. Willpower willpower willpower. If I say it three times like beetlejuice will it come? So far I've resisted the lousy junk!

Jabunny - good luck on the pampered chef - they got some cool stuff.

Lilly - I got my first tomato - picked it today. It's a cherry tomato. Cut it in half (haha) salted it and split it with DH. Sounds goofy, but the it being the first one it was extra yummy. There's a zillion more little cherry tomatoes hanging on the plant - I'm looking forward to each one, but none will taste as good as that first one.

Natalie03
05-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi all! I've been off plan for a couple of weeks while out of town and I'm making my way back to Atkins. I was absolutely DREADING the scale since I know I didn't do too well with avoiding the carbs :(, but it wasn't really so terrible I guess. Three pounds gained. I can deal with that. I'm excited to start losing again, but this is SO hard to get back! Ughhh!

Hope everyone else made it through Memorial weekend without incident! :)

-Natalie

nasus40
05-30-2007, 09:45 PM
About 5 years ago I posted a thing about "2 - 3 weeks after you start stall " regarding the bodys loss of water. something about the inital loss of water is lost so fast that it thinkgs that it is starting a drought, So it holds on to water. so hang in there bunny for about a week then the body will see that it is not a drought and let go of the weight. but as with any diet / WOE you must realize that weight will not fall off. to lose 1 lb of fat you must burn 3500 cal more that you are taking in. so there is basically no way you can burn that much in such a short time so be patient. unless you run marathons daily. LOL one other thing is that may people eat to little. you must eat enough to maintain your basal metabolic rate which is usually 1200 to 1500 cal daily. so the body does not go into starvation mode. and does not start to break down the muscles for energy. it is much easier to break muscle than fat so keep the muscles fed. there are many things that many people feel will stall some one. dairy (cheese) even the sugar free sweets. can induce a stall especially if you are just starting out. the body remembers what the sweets tastes like and like pavlovs dogs salvating at the sound of the bell the body will send out the insulin at the taste of sweet. (this should pass after a while of low carbing)

hope that helps.

lilybelle
05-31-2007, 12:56 AM
Hi everyone, I spent 4 hrs. doing yardwork and mowing today. Planted some more marigolds.

Kel, I can understand about the cherry tomato, I can't wait to pick some of my tomatoes. I know they will taste great. I also planted cherry tomatoes but it will be quite a while before they are ready. I have already eaten some of the green onions and potatoes from my garden. They were great.

I haven't weighed myself since my disastrous holiday weekend, but my jeans still fit just fine, so I don't think I'm much bigger than I was. My eating is better now but still not perfect. I am getting tons of exercise from all the gardening and yard work.

beach bum
05-31-2007, 08:56 AM

I stalling again in the weight department. Its not the food but I'm lacking in exercise,and have to get back on the horse.

Walking with DH is not helping as ,so I have to either wear ankle & hand weights when I go out with him and than do more weight baring exercising in the evening. So starting today thats what I aiming for.

Well today the last day of May and I lost 2 lost pounds this month instead of 4 ,but I'll take it. Going to try to lose other 2 next month and than 2 every month will bring me to 14 lb loss by the end of this year.Than I only have 6 more to reach my goal. Thats my plan,but hopefully nothing will come up to sabotage my plan.

Have to get ready to get my walking done before the rains start.

Will post later

lilybelle
05-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Puncezilla, yes we have 3 teenaged girls living here now. Ages 14,15,18 and my son is 21. All seems to be going pretty well for now. My son leaves to his summer Army drill for 3 weeks starting 2 weeks from now. The 18 yr. old leaves to the Coast Guard on July 17th. So the house will be a little quieter when they are gone. Since my son is scheduled to leave to Iraq in August, I'm encouraging him to stay living at home for now.

BB, WTG on losing the 2 lbs. Sounds like a great plan.

I finally braved the scale and am up 2 lbs. from last week. That is better than I expected. Still a lb. below goal, so not really disappointed. When I got off track last Friday, it really took me a week to get totally back on track. My eating had been really bad about 3 days in a row over the holiday weekend. I'm just thankful that at least I did get a lot of exercise and yard work in or I probably would have gained 5 lbs. or more.

Today is mine and DH's date night , but I plan to stay totally OP even with dining out.

I'm off now to the store and then to check my garden and get some more marigolds planted.

beach bum
05-31-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi I'm back again :)

I was too late,by the time I got to the beach:beach; it started to rain :rain:no walking today.Went food shopping instead, and than on my trusty :ebike: bike.

Punezilla-Have a great time with your best friend. I sure they will eat what ever you made,except for the kids.I would ask the what they like to eat and get it for the kids. When my DD come up she usually brings the food along as she know her kids are fussy.

Jabunney-Don't:nono:
know if you can stay on Induction until goal,but if you could,wouldn't that get boring after a while????I'm sure the diet or way of eating is meant to start with the 20 low carb.as a jump start to weight loss, but once your go to the OWL you should add back the carbs 5 grams at a time.Nasus has given you a great answer to your stall.

Kel-Like you idea about beetlejuice
:dust: :dust: :dust: Maybe I should do that especially at night when watching T.V. thats my bewitching hour.

Natelie- Welcome:welcome1: back and congrats for getting back on the wagon.Three pounds will come off,my two that I gained did. Just stay away from non op products.

Nasus-Thanks:thanks: for reminding us how stall happen any why.Its a good post to copy & paste.

Lily-You did a lot of yard work,maybe the body has to rest to lose that 2 lbs. its probably water in between the joints and you'll lose it in couple of days.

Have a great day

Puncezilla
05-31-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi, Just a quik hello befor I get to my cleaning.
I'm up a pound today but I think its just TOM. :dizzy: I also totaly pigged out yesterday, same reason, still op but ate way to many nuts. DH told me he wouldn't buy any more so I would'nt be tempted (what a sweetie).

Kell , I think that is what Ill be aiming for this weekend I'm sure I wont be 100% But clinging to the side is better than falling of.

Jamie, dont' give up. I stay at induction level carbs most of the time But throw in some high days and low days. I like to vary my calories as well as my carbs, and some days I'm hungry and some I'm not. I think most people add more back than I have but I feel comfortable where I am. It may just tak a little tweeking to find out what works best for you.

Lily, I think teenage girls would be fun. as long as they get along. I also think it's great your son is staying with you till he leaves, I'm sure it will be hard to let him go.:hug:

Hi Natalie, Its always hard geting back on track, but You can Do it!

BB, Thanks, I will, and I guess we can go to the store when they'r here if they dont' like what I have.

Nausus, Thanks for the reminder, it is so hard to be patient some times.:D

Robin, :wave: Brenda, :wave: Everybody else, Have a great day.

Arkansas Kel
05-31-2007, 03:13 PM
Sounds like a lot of us have been wavering - hang in there or at least cling to the side of the wagon. A controlled binge (meaning I'll have a few bites and quit) is better than an all out oinkfest. Be strong. Willpower. Willpower. Willpower.

I'm still OP. The cursed Fritos are being defeated. I gave in and decided to update my tickers to match current wt since I wasn't getting it back down that fast. Truth in advertising?

Injured myself. Was on a step stool in my closet cleaning out stuff for a future to be planned yardsale and tipped the stool as I got off. Caught myself kinda wishbone style. Pulled a butt muscle. DH says my right butt cheek is actually swollen. Can't walk without pain. Can't get up and down without pain. Maybe being unable to exercise will encourage me to exercise when I can again. Afterall we want what we can't have!

2 more tiny cherry tomatoes - woohoo. Garden yummies coming. I guess this time DH can have his very own tomato instead of half.

I wanted to hit walmart today and load up for some kitchen work tonight. I do that so I have plenty of stuff for my work week (weekends) to help stay OP. I don't think I can walk it. May have to rely on more convenience foods this week. I can do it - I'm a pro at being in a pinch. I had been cooking extra stuff and packing up "TV dinners" in plastic ware - then grab a plastic bowl instead of a trip to the drive through or other frozen fare. I don't freeze them, but I might try some things frozen in the future.

I did get myself a new large totebag sized lunchbox. In a 12 hour shift I eat 2 meals usually, so a regular lunch box is not practical. I can poke in frozen water and more into it. Everybody says "dang, that your lunchbox" I just say yep, then later I say "dang, you going to the snack machine again" as I reach into lunchbox for my snack.

nasus40
05-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Kel love your responce to the luch box!! I have a small portable fridge and plan on using it. runs on the cig outlet, good thing my car stops it cig lighter when It is off so I do not have to worry about a dead battery. just need to remember to turn it back on getting in and out of the car so much. I also plan on having a ice pack in there for times that It is off so to keep the food cold. it will keep in only 40 deg cooler than the air temp or ambient temp so I am not sure if ti will sork. I will see.

Got my hair cut on a whim. much shorter but still long enough that I can putt it up in a bun but light enough to wear down. I have never had a regular hair person before so this will be new. pamper me time!!! now for the coloring. need high lights. badly!!!

Arkansas Kel
06-01-2007, 05:15 AM
nasus - that is so cool! I just got my hair done - it's completely different that my last progress pic. I took off about 12 inches! And got highlights. They weren't bashful about the prices, but my hair is thick/curly/wavy and a good haircut is hard for me to find. They even flat ironed it for me - way cool. It was like barbie hair! Except red. Got self a flat iron to play with - can't do it as good as they did but will keep trying.

Stayed OP yesterday even though spent most of day in recliner. Butt still sore today. Have to move around this morning - then nap this afternoon for work tonight. Excuse me Mr. Pt but could you hand me that - I'd lean over but I got a pulled butt muscle! Sounds grand doesn't it!

RobinW
06-01-2007, 07:49 AM
I couldnt get anything posted here last night.

works now tho :D

Today is a fresh start....100% op and NO SUGAR!!

Ive put up progress pictures of the store in my blog if your interested.

beach bum
06-01-2007, 08:57 AM

The sun is out and Leo & I will go down to the beach to get our walking done.I'm going to use hand & leg weights when walking. Need to add more to our stroll along the beach. I had to use the bike [AM]and a video type"March to Fitness" [PM] to exercise at 1 hr yesterday,because of the rain.

I W-I today and I maintained,with that I"m happy as the Holiday weekend with all the BBQ's would have made me gain. Going to Plan for a 2 lb loss every month until I reach my goal by the end of the year.I think thats doable as its only .5 each week. I have to face facts that I will not lose more that,being of my age,and my body aging all the time.

Have to go, Leo want to go out to Buy some top soil for our tomato & herb plants.

Will post later

lilybelle
06-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm back on program now with my eating. Even dined out last night and stuck to plan.

OMG, last night we went to Karaoke with my son. My son put a duet for me and him in to sing. LOL, I sang it with him. He announced to the whole crowd that I'm his "mom". We got lots of cheers. Usually I will never sing in public because I'm too shy, but we really had fun and didn't sound bad either. I think the song was called "I Put Your Picture Away" by Kidd Rock and Sheryl Crow. We're going back to Karaoke tonite because DS is in the last semi-final round tonite of the competition. The really great thing was that I over-heard the DJ and some other men discussing that there was "NO WAY" that I looked old enough to be his mother. LOL.

BB, unfortunately I think my 2 lbs. gain was cookie weight, not water weight, but I'll get it right back off now that I'm back on plan. I have faith. LOL. I do feel fatter and last night when I was getting dressed to go out, I had a hard time finding anything that made my tummy look flat. I told DH, "I feel like a cow". He's a smarta@@ and said "Yum, I love beef". LOL. I threatened to smack him.

nasus, WTG on the new haircut.

Kel, hope your butt muscle heals soon. WTG on your new hairstyle and on pampering yourself a little.

Puncezilla, I will miss my son terribly when he leaves. It's hard for me to even think about it. I am so afraid for him.

My back is hurting today, I'm sure it's just all the hard work that I've been doing outside.

I'm off now to take Lacy to the Dr. to have a lipid level drawn. She is NPO and whining that she can't eat breakfast til she gets done.

We had a little fiasco yesterday. I went with my SD to pick up her 3 yr. old son to take him to an appt. with his pediatrician. He is living with his Dad and the Dad's mother. The dad was at work. The MIL refused to let Samantha take him and physically grabbed her arm and pushed her out of the house. Now this was uncalled for. The dad already told her to pick up the child and take him to the doctor. We called Sam's attorney and were instructed to go file a police report, which we did. Sam is 8 months pregnant and definitely doesn't need to be shoved around. We called the dad and he said he'd "talk to his mother" and then he turned the phone off and we were never able to get back ahold of him. The MIL took the child to the ER and we called there. We were told that the child doesn't have MRSA like the MIL had said, he has a Mosquito Bite, LOL. That woman is an idiot. This woman has taken this child to the ER at least 20 times in his 3 yrs. of life.

beach bum
06-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Hi There:)

We bought our tomato plants and we will put them in our 3 whiskey barrels over this weekend.Our herbs will go outside also, on our deck.

Walked for 30 minutes this morning and it feels good to get back to 60 of exercising each day compared to what I did in the month of May .

Kel-thanks for the willpower:dust: :dust: dust: I really need it after the holiday weekend.Sorry:sorry: to hear about your fall, I did the same thing at my DD House but I fell off a chair trying to catch my DGS from falling. Well my bun was sore as I hit my back bone. Luckily I fell on a golf bag instead of a hard concrete floor.Hope you get better soon.

Nasus-I like short hair especially in the summer time.You'll feel lot cooler with it.

Robin- I don't crave sugar as much as saltyfoods. I have to watch my salt intake now that the weather is getting warmer and water retention is among us. Here some :dust:

Lily-Congratulations:cheers: on your Karaoke debut . Didn't know he have a *star* among us.Oh !! That a great feeling,what the man said,you look young in the avatar picture.I have that problem also a round tummy and its the hardest place to lose. You should have butt:kickbutt: kicked you DH for that remark LOL.

Have a nice day

beach bum
06-02-2007, 09:06 AM

I took the liberty to start an exercising log for the month of June.All welcome to post there,once Leenie puts it up as a Sticky.

Have to go, want to get down to beach to do some walking before the parking lot gets full.

Will post later

RobinW
06-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Good Morning! :coffee:

I did it!! :cb: :cb: I made it thru day 1 :cb: *whew*

k, day 2 is underway!!

Yesterday was our first official "open" day at the store. :) Actually had a couple walk-ins, and 2 pickups for things that had been ordered while we were painting the store, and not officially open. Pretty cool. I have a very good feeling about this, and I think we are going to do quite well.

Our neighbour told us about a new food concept place. Its called "my plates or yours" if you want to check them out, just put the title in with a .com at the end of it. I plan to stay on atkins for 2 weeks, then switch to low carb weight watchers. Simply because I miss the melons and berries too much in the summer time. I need a bit more flexibility to stay on plan. Especially since I have well over 100lbs to loose again. Anyway, its a really neat concept, dh and I are going to go next week, and get our 6 dishes (each dish serves 4-6 meals). I get so tired of trying to think of what to cook, and trying to please everyone. This way, dh can pick out 2, I can pick 2, and dd can pick 2!! Pretty cool.

Thats what is happening in my little corner of the world....have a great day ladies.

lilybelle
06-02-2007, 12:35 PM
BB, I'm defintiely not a Karoke star but It just felt good to not be too embarassed to get up and sing. We had fun. Thanks for getting our exercise thread started. I'll post on it today. I had kind of a bad day yesterday with pain over my liver and didn't get any exercise done. (barely got off the couch all evening).

Robin, It's good to see that your store is "officially open". That is neat. I hope your business goes great.

beach bum
06-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Lily:)
Sorry:sorry: to hear about you pain in your liver.Hope that your feeling better soon. :getwell:

Robin:)
Congrats:cheers: on making it the first day.I know I'm having the same problem staying OP. Manybe I should go back to Induction.What the Low carb/ww are you on??? What low carb are you trying???? & do you count points with WW???? I think I doing the same as you are. Try to hang around 25-32 carbs and use 20-25 pts from the WW plan.The problem with that is when my carbs are low my points are down also.Can't seem to stay on the pt range.

Have great day

RobinW
06-02-2007, 07:49 PM
BB, I am doing induction for 2 weeks, then I do points with lowcarb choices. I will still stay away from breads, potatoes, white rice and sugar. I find if I lower my fat intake, I have more points to work with....that way I can have a huge steak and mushrooms without it taking my entire days point count. I still have 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee, but I take that out of the weekly alloted extra points. Once I get going, I'll post my menu if you like. Wont be for 2 weeks tho.

beach bum
06-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks Robin for explaining your plan to me. That would be great to see your menu.Meanwhile I'll just watch the carbs & fat count in my menus.

thanks again

tamikathomas
06-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Well this is day 1 of induction for me. I have been doing WW, but I have gotten stalled. I really liked Atkins when I was on it before. You know once you get past the headaches. So here's to a GREAT day 1!!

nasus40
06-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Life of leasure for me today clean clean clean start work tomorow. I am excited but need to get things done will post later.

Lilly that was inexcuseable what the woman did to your SD you did the right thing. Glad it was not MRSA. Where did she get that idea??? what right does she have to take your child to the doc??? especially the ER.

lilybelle
06-03-2007, 11:11 AM
tamika, wishing you the best with your induction. Welcome to the Atkins chat.

nasus, she's an idiot. She runs those kids to the ER everytime they get a scratch, bug bite or bruise. BTW, she worked as an LPN many, many, years ago. This is no lie, as many times as she's taken the kids to the ER, it's a wonder DHS hasn't been notified. She's been known to call for an ambulance to take them 2 blocks to the ER for an ear infection. Even when Samantha had custody of the kids , I would warn her of letting the kids stay with the MIL because of all this non-sense. Of course, it never stopped Sam, as she liked having an anytime free baby-sitter. This MIL is gonna be in big trouble come Monday. Sam has an appt. with her attorney and the attorney is filing Social Security fraud charges again the MIL for keeping the 2 little boys 24-7 for the past 3 months. In SS's eyes, if you can babysit full time, you can get a job. (The MIL is drawing disability and will lose her check).

RobinW
06-03-2007, 02:59 PM
:welcome3: Tamika!

I made it thru yesterday :cb:

Ive got the headaches, and yucky feelings today. But Im getting my water in, so I know it will all be flushed out soon!!

lilybelle
06-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Robin, WTG on getting through day 1.

I just spent 3.5 hrs. in my garden. I pulled up all the potatoes. Then cleared that big spot and made my neat little rows and planted pumpkins. (which I don't know what I'll do with them, just wanted to plant em, LOL). Then I mowed around my garden area. My back is starting to get sore from all the work. But, if I'm OK this evening, I plan to trim trees in the back yard (did the front yard ones the other day). I'm taking a break right now and trying to recuperate a little.

Arkansas Kel
06-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Just a quick check in before work.

Today OP, but yesterday. Oh, yesterday. They call them "fund raisers" I called them diet breakers. Cute little girls raising money for church camp - bit table on side of road so you can just DRIVE THRU and get FRESH crispy creams. Ate 4. Crammed them in before I could get ahold of myself. Again DH came to my rescue and ate some and took the rest to his shop for his customers. OH, it was so bad bad bad. They were there again this AM - managed to drive by. Willpower Willpower Willpower.

Well, gotta run, gonna be late for work. Kel