Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:30 PM   #1  
Finally Committed to ME!

S/C/G: 22/18/6-8

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Conquering PMS Mega Munchies

OK.. so yesterday I was PMSing to the point that I wanted to damn the diet and eat everything I could find within a 3 mile radius. I managed to stave it off by buying a low carb "treat" that was still within the realm of my program, and satisfied my urge to splurge.

Even so, I gotta tell ya, the urge was STRONG.. so strong I had thoughts of just completely scrapping the diet and all the progress I've made for the "pleasure" of eating to the point where I would have likely become ill.

Today I'm fine. It was just PMS hormone abnormality...

Aaaah, the joys of being a woman.

How do y'all cope with that?

Last edited by CarolynFL; 05-24-2007 at 01:04 PM. Reason: additional information
CarolynFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

Wow, great job on not following through with your urge to splurge! I have to be honest, I would have probably ditched the diet for the day...I usually do when it's that time of the month.
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:30 PM   #3  
Finally Committed to ME!

If I was further in to my program and felt more in control, I probably would have too... It's only been a few weeks yet though, so I don't quite trust myself yet to hop off the wagon one day and get right back on the next.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Good for you for staying strong.

I really try to make sure i dont have ANY no-no foods on hand during that time of the month. That way when the urge hits, i would have to actually get in the car, stand in line at the store, etc, and usually, during that time of the month, i am too lazy for that, ha ha. So if its not there, i cant eat it.

I do, however, make sure i have LOTS of crunchy foods on hand though. Lots of soy chips and califlower. Then for the sweets, lots of fruits, yogurt, and soy milk to make a smoothie out of to cure that sweet tooth.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #5  
Finally Committed to ME!

sounds delicious!! and a total no-no for me on lo carb!
i gotta get off induction - it's more than time
.. add some fruit in the morning...
Old 05-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #6  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
I just went through this and survived, lol. I have taken all junk food out of the house( much to my kids dismay,lol), I have healthy snacks around, fruits, and didn't buy anything that would ruin my calorie intake too much. I found these great Kashi TLC bars( they are 120 calories and are chocolate cherry flavored), I did go over my calorie intake by maybe 200-300 calories for 2 days, but got over it, and am doing ok.
Maybe you need to have something that you feel is good for you to munch handy when you know PMS is coming on. Good luck,
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:59 PM   #7  
Finally Committed to ME!

Thanks, Kitty

Couldn't help but notice you've just nudged under the 100 pounds to lose mark! Congrats!!!!!!!