Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-24-2007, 04:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/36/145

Height: 5'9''

Cool Thinking first on Thursday May 24

Today i want to focus on thinking before I eat. Yesterday at the end of the day, I found myself wondering if I remembered everything I eat. I want to think my eating choices through thoroughly today, and begin devleoping that as a habit.

1. excercise 40 minutes

2. Eat 2 protein shakes (1 with fruits and ultimate meal) and eat one meal (veggies and lean protein), and one snack if get extra hungry. ~1200 cals

3. finish cleaning off the ironing board.

4. Spend extra time playing with my daughter

I know the goals aren't novel or interesting, but I wan tto work on being conscious of my food intake. tasting every bite, planning my meal carefully.

Any weight management skills you want to share?

Evilah
Evilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:14 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

I have to admit that by the end of yesterday I had exceeded my calorie intake goals. It was just one of those days. I still had a small deficit between calories burned and calories eaten, at least.

Thinking ahead is a really good idea! Just as important is keeping a list of what I really eat, so that I don't just "forget" a snack. FitDay helps me do this easily, but a notebook or other paper and pen will do.

I suppose one weight loss "skill" I use is making sure I have planned food spaced out at intervals throughout the day, so that I don't get really terribly hungry and start grazing through the kitchen.

My goal for today is to stay on plan.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I guess my only goal is to stay on plan today. When I came into work this morning I had to re-work my fitday. I had to take ALOT of food off that I didn't get around to eating. But I managed to get 1200 calories, so i guess it's okay. Not the best percentages of fat/carbs/protein, but not horrible either i guess.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:53 AM   #4  

So the surprise of sorts for today was that we went to see the opening show of pirates III Nice surprise, but it totally ate up my excercise time. Also I was tempted with popcorn and soda (yick! soda!). I also didn't have time for extra chores, like the ironing board this afternoon. This has turned into a day by day chronicle about how someone could continually fail to clean off her ironing board.

1. no excercise.
2. 1 protein shake (the one with 3-4 servings of fresh fruit blended in, that also contains a couple equivalent servings a fresh veggies), 2 diet burritos, 1 4 oz. piece of broiled chicken and some popcorn and soda. I ate the popcorn one by one, not by the handful, which really slowed me down, and I didnt' finish, I stopped because I was full from having eaten them one at a time, slowly chewing each one for a hour
3. no ironing board
4. To the park with the kiddo! YAY!

Jay ,
About spacing food throughout the day== I've tried that before and for me it just didn't work. (I know it works for some) because if I'm not hungry I will look at a piece of food I planned to eat and want to throwup. With a picky stomach like that... I wonder how I'm fat. My problem is that when I want to eat and I find something I want, I want to eat and eat and eat and eat. And somewhere in that madness I usually end up eating a "trigger food" (a food that causes me to want to eat something salty, sugary, doughy, etc. later)-- foods I know I need to avoid at all costs. I'm working on being able to get to that hungry point, eat something I want to eat in a sensible portion and STOP! But sometimes it feels like stopping in the middle of sex (i hope that's not too pg13 of a reference) ... you just don't want to stop until you reach that climax of food ecstacy. So far I'm able to stop myself about 30% past where my sensible conscious brain says stop. (My brain slams on the brakes but my hands and mouth just keep skidding). Continuing with that analogy-- I try to practice "tapping the breaks" while eating so I don't get carried away, barreling down the hill, completely overeating. So I can stop!!!.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:57 AM   #5  

Jay, Lumi,

How did it go?

Lumi,
Do you plan everything you eat ahead of time everyday?

Jay,
How did you do with eating throughout the day?
Old 05-25-2007, 07:01 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey, good morning,

In answer to your comments, Evilah-- I do well with the spaced meals/snacks, but there is one rule I needed to mention, and that is, if it's "time" for a meal or snack but I'm not hungry, I don't eat it! I'll wait for awhile until I do feel a little hungry. The basic rule I follow is a meal or snack no less than 2 hours from the last one.

Yesterday is a good example--I was "supposed" to have a snack at 3, but I wasn't hungry. So, I didn't eat it. I went to the gym on schedule, and when I got out of there I really was hungry, and I didn't have any snack food with me. (Silly me! ) I was going food shopping, though, so I bought some BabyBel Light single-serving cheeses (also known as Laughing Cow in some parts of the country) and ate one of those as a snack. 60 cals. Solved the hungry problem and got me to supper, which was around 6.

Drinking a lot of water with a snack helps--but I drink water anyway.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties! I imagine that you could get really hungry following your current plan, though... a couple of shakes would not hold me.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote