LA Weight Loss - July 4th Challenge...

View Full Version : July 4th Challenge...

bizlawchik
05-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Tanya needs one or more weight loss buddies, and Dan suggested a challenge after Memorial Day. We haven't done one since Easter. Anyone in? I know a lot of you have a hard time over the summer when the kids are home and this will help you stay on track. Who's with me?

I will use my home scale weight on Tuesday morning (May 29) since I won't get to the COD until that Friday. I am setting a goal of 10lbs by July 4th.

Sign in here if you're in, and then we'll start a thread for the challenge when we offiically begin.

JerseyMadchen
05-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Cassi, I PM'ed Tanya about being buddie and I set a goal of 20 pounds by the 4th.

Count me in!

Agibely
05-23-2007, 05:41 PM
i'd love to be in and i'm sayin 10 pounds!

Jrny2aNewMe
05-23-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm in for 15!

Dan2112
05-23-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm in for goal...

Mama Nicole
05-23-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm in......but not sure what I'm in for yet.......I usually suck at challenges....but I'll really try this time :)

JLem311
05-23-2007, 06:34 PM
i'm in...10lbs seems like a good goal for me for challenges. :)

wtbthin
05-23-2007, 08:32 PM
count me in too-my goal is 10 lbs!!!

twheelz
05-23-2007, 08:44 PM
YEAH!!!! I was thinking about trying the 5 week Meltdown (is that what its called??) I was thinking about maybe starting it on Tuesday...what do you guys think??

*Tanya*

marzbe
05-23-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm in.

Since I'll be maintaining the whole time, I'll make mine 1600 minutes of work-out time. I need the :kickbutt:! That and staying POP 30 of those 36 days ;)

And with the way my body hasn't been losing, I might drop those pesky 10 pound that turned to muscle. :dust:

FITNOTFATT
05-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Please! I want in too! I want to start the 8 week makeover on Tuesday. But, for the 4th of July challenge I want to lose 20lbs.
Twheelz-what is the 5 week meltdown? I only know about the 8 week. But if you provide me with details on the 5 week meltdown I will start that one with you?

KrispieD
05-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Throw me down for 10lbs.. the winner gets a big bag of salt autographed by Dan!

gonnabehealthy
05-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Oooh this is exactly what I need. I am so in. count me in for 10.

sakuya3834
05-23-2007, 09:30 PM
I am in for 10 lbs!

equinetcan
05-23-2007, 10:27 PM
I am also in for 10 lbs. But mine will be for July 1 as that is our Canada day holiday here and the day I go live for my new client so I figure what better day!!

Just let me know the start date. I will do a FF next week too to kick it off. :carrot: :carrot:

Snook
05-23-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm in for 10!

emmysmom
05-24-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm in for 10!

Tenmomto2
05-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Im in for 15!!!

jessicarenee331
05-24-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm in for 10!!

twheelz
05-24-2007, 09:34 AM
I found this info a few pages into the forum...does anyone want to do this Summer Meltdown? My only question is I notice its is for the RED plan, what do you think would be different on the gold plan?

This is the 5 week Summer Meltdown that my COD is doing. I noticed the one she gave me says for Red. I am assuming that if you are on something else you would alter it accordingly. days 3 thru 6 on the TakeOff weeks have all the exchanges that the red plan has in a day but incorporates the jetstart and the slimdown.

Summer Meltdown RED

Lose up to 2 sizes and up to 20 lbs. by summer

Week One
Day 1 and 2 (see TakeOff instructions for Protien and Veggies)
Breakfast 8 oz. Take off Juice and LA Lite Bar
Mid Morning 8 oz. Take off Juice and LA Lite Bar
Lunch 3 oz. Protein and unlimited Veggies
Mid Afternoon 8 oz. Take off Juice and LA Lite Bar
Dinner 3 oz. Protein and unlimited Veggies
Evening 8 oz. Take off Juice and LA Lite Bar

Day 3 thru 6
Breakfast Jetstart Protein 1 Starch
Mid Morning LA Lite Bar and Fruit
Lunch SlimDown and 2 Vegetables
Mid Afternoon LA Lite Bar and Fruit
Dinner 1 Protein, 2 Vegetables, 1 Starch, 1 Fat

Day 7
Follow Regular Plan

Week Two Follow Regular Plan
Week Three Repeat TakeOff Week
Week Four Follow Regular Plan
Week Five Repeat TakeOff Week

emmysmom
05-24-2007, 10:21 AM
On Gold,
Take-off for Days 1 & 2 would be the same.
For Days 3 thru 6, you would remove 1/2 Protein, 1V, and 1S...so maybe:
Breakfast - Jetstart, 1S
Mid Morning - LA Lite and 1F
Lunch - Slimdown and 2V
Mid Afternoon - Lite, 1F
Dinner - 1P, 1V, 1Fat

Then your regular plan for Day 7.

emmysmom
05-24-2007, 10:54 AM
I think that I'm going to do this 5 week summer meltdown...but I'll be starting it after I get back from Orlando. So probably on June 3rd or 4th.

hdsqrl
05-24-2007, 11:39 AM
I started the 5 week meltdown this week and am on day 4 of week one. It's been tough at night (I don't do well with liquid meals usually) but I've been sticking with it and so far, so good. :) I'm in for the challenge, as hopefully it will keep me committed to the meltdown plan. A goal...umm....I'll shoot for 12 pounds. :)

twheelz
05-24-2007, 11:53 AM
I did have another question...I wont be using the drinks you get from the centers so what can I use for the JetStart? I was planning in using SlimFast Optima to replace their SlimDowns...what should I use for the JetStart? And does it matter if you have the protein for lunch and the SlimFast for dinner??
I keep saying we can do this...its only 5 weeks! Just think about how HOTT we will all be when we are done! LOL

cpease
05-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi, I'm new here, but I think it would be cool to join the challenge. I feel like people around me are trying to sabotage my dieting efforts. They are always asking me to get dessert, or if I eat dinner at my mom's house, she puts all of these additives in the meal, before I get there.

hdsqrl
05-24-2007, 11:59 AM
twheelz: I had the SlimDown for dinner last night because we had a work lunch planned during the day. Seemed to go okay, though I was starving by bedtime, hah. I think if most of the time, you follow the rules, that the occasional switcharound shouldn't make much of a difference.

cpease: Please, yes, join us! We won't pressure you to eat dessert (well, okay, watch out for the CAKE, heh)!

zambejaly5
05-24-2007, 12:05 PM
I think I will be substituting a fruit and a yogurt smoothie for the jetstart. one fruit, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup milk. after discussing my bathroom issues with the COD we decided I need that yogurt. so to make it a drink that is what I will do. cheaper too!!

myboysnme2
05-24-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm new here, can I play too?? I'd love to be down 15 lbs by July 4th...

saranacbnl
05-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Please count me in too. I really really need this motivation.... 10 lbs for me.

Thanks,

Peggy

Dan2112
05-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi, I'm new here, but I think it would be cool to join the challenge. I feel like people around me are trying to sabotage my dieting efforts. They are always asking me to get dessert, or if I eat dinner at my mom's house, she puts all of these additives in the meal, before I get there.

I had this problem too... My mom, who was always bugging me about my weight, would still make meals with all the "bad" stuff in them..

I finally had to sit her down and ask her to please keep in mind that if she wants our family to get together for meals, some concessions to the diet need to be made.. I gave her a list of good and bad things and so now, even though she still puts out bread, potatoes and dessert after the meal, at least she keeps in mind the things Liz and I can't have that she would normally encorporate into the preparation, like salt...

Of course, now the downside is that she makes a big deal of pointing out that she "prepared it that way JUST FOR YOU"... *sigh*.. Can't win for losing, I guess...

emmysmom
05-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Wow! Everyone is really excited and ready to jump in to this challenge...how awesome is that?!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

And EVERYONE is welcome - newbies, oldies, future-ies:)

Mama Nicole
05-24-2007, 01:51 PM
ok, is that 6 weeks until 4th of july? if so, I am going to go out on a limb here and go for 12 lbs. I am going to go make my additional ticker now..........i am nervous......

bizlawchik
05-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Wow, what an awesome response. So we'll start Tuesday, May 29th. If you want to kick it off with a TO, feel free. If not, no worries. Just challenge yourself to stay POP every day to make your goal.

twheelz
05-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Ok I am going to do the 5 week MeltDown (or whatever its called! lol) Maybe extending it a week to make it to the 4th of July. I am excited that so many want in...it really helps to not have to go through this alone...thank you all!
Do you think I can just have another SlimFast Optima shake to replace the JetStart?? Someone mentioned the Starbucks Frapp Light...whats everyone opinion for those who dont want to buy from LAWL centers??
*Tanya*

bizlawchik
05-24-2007, 02:15 PM
I think that I would do what Lettie is doing and substitute the food exchanges, but that's because I would always rather eat my food. I don't think the SlimFast is a good substitute because a slimfast/slimdown is 1P,1S and the Jetstart is 1D,1Fr. But the Starbucks light could work if it's similar in nutritionals. I think someone posted a comparison before, but I don't remember.

Deb, Joni, Nicole, Katie, Tina, Kristen, and any other "old timers" wanna weigh in on this?

marzbe
05-24-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm with substituting the food exchages. Then again, I need to chew to feel satisfied. :cbg: A fruit/dairy substitute is easy to do and eating it sometimes is just a tad bit satisfying.

Plus, the jet start doesn't have nearly enough caffiene for me, I'd much rather have the fruit on the side and use the dairy in my coffee.

Mama Nicole
05-24-2007, 03:11 PM
I always prefer a food substitute when possible. Not only do I think it is healthier.....I think if you use a food instead of a product, you are more likely to stick with it. There is no excuse for not having the particular product when it was needed. It also simply makes it a bit easier and satisfying. It is also a good thing for the transition to stablilization and maintainance. Real food is what the real world is all about, right?

Mama Nicole
05-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Ok, this is really good.....it seems as if this challenge just might get a couple of us oldtimers that have been skating back in business. Good.........let's see Joni, Katie, Cassi, Debster, and Kim(phin)..yeah, I'm signing your a$$ up for this challenge, any others who have been skating, ME, lets get back on track. Let's make it like the first day of the challenge is the first day we started LAWL, and see some awesome losses :) :cheer: WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!! And, Kristen.........I am NOT leaving you out of this.......but you have SOOOOOO not been a SLACKER..........may this be your very weight loss challenge........ :) XOXO

RaceGrl
05-24-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm in for 8 lbs by July 4th.

I don't typically lose at a 2 lb. per week rate so I don't want to set it too high.

IaME
05-24-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm in for 15:goodluck:

Dan2112
05-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Ok... Where the heck are Jason and Mike..? They need to be in on this too!!

MTdebster921
05-24-2007, 04:26 PM
OK NICOLE, :drill:I get the hint. Maybe that is what I need is someone to give me a good butt kickin!!!:kickbutt:

Ok guys, I'm like Nicole and just flop on these challenges, but I am going to try again, never give up right? I am only going to do 8 lbs. and if I do good then I may up the ante after that. I think I am going to add an exercise ticker in there too, I am afraid that these thunder thighs ain't going down anymore without it.

For the bottled Starbucks light frapp., I think the nutritionals are pretty close to the jet start. At my center, if I buy 7 4-packs, I get them for about $1.65 a piece which is cheaper than the starbucks. I know all centers pricing is different, but if you want to do it, I would ask. The yogurt and fruit would fill you up more and provide more fiber. I like the jetstarts when I am in a rush or on days I know I am going to be too busy at work to really take a break, otherwise I like the idea of real food.

twheelz
05-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Hey Deb...Im doing this on my own not at the centers...they got enough money from me the last time around! LOL I made my goal and kept it off for about 2 yrs but I really need to loose a few more lbs...I would feel so much better. I think I am going to try the Starbucks Frapp...maybe I will put it in the blender with some ice and maybe I will even rince out one of the old Starbucks cups I have in the care and it will make me think I am being "bad" and indulging in a Starbucks drink. Im so excited! So next Tueday then....I am going to do the TO with oranges...has anyone ever tried it that way instead of the juice??

Trastull
05-24-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm in for 8

emmysmom
05-24-2007, 05:04 PM
I don't do the juice for TO anymore...I usually do the oranges. The last time I did grapefruit which is good.

emmysmom
05-24-2007, 05:08 PM
And Tanya, this was posted in the Meltdown thread by curlmama...

"Yes, I already sub Slimfast Optima or High Protein for the Slimdown. The diet Frappaccino doesn't have any fiber or vitamins/minerals and the Jetstart does. I think I will just purchase the Jetstart this time."

Kimphin
05-24-2007, 05:47 PM
OK, I'm in for 12lbs!

A good substitute for the Jetstart is also the EAS cofeehouse drinks. They look exactly the same as the Jetstarts (square boxes). I think the nutritionals are comparable.

marro0930
05-24-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm in, I'm in :jig: :jig:

Snowdogs
05-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Count this Newbie in ! I fell off the wagon after a few short days of being OP - but I'm ready to climb back on and get my butt in gear :-P I'm on purple plan - does anyone know what the 5wk plan would be for Purple?? I'd appreciate the help.

Forgot to say - put me down for 15 lbs ! High number, but maybe I'll work my tooshy off to reach it.

bizlawchik
05-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Purple is the same as gold except for protein sizes and you add one veggie. Or you can follow red but subtract one starch and 1/2 protein.

slim n trim
05-24-2007, 09:22 PM
okay - I'm going to jump in on this one to. I am away all next week, and to follow perfect op will be difficult, so I am going to start June 1st. I am in for 6lbs. 1.5 per week...... I will be thrilled if I am able to do that, since I have lost and gained the same one lb for the last month.

I think I might do the meltdown, haven't decided for sure yet.

zambejaly5
05-24-2007, 09:37 PM
well I am feeling the peer pressure to jump on this train. but I have to change my ticker and figure out an appropriate goal

fan4u2
05-24-2007, 10:13 PM
I think i'm in

Justa few questions

1. can I follow the reg plan I don't do lites so I don't do TO
2. I WI on mon, wed, and fridays so do we post our total loss on tuesdays
or do we post on WI days
3. did I understand that a new thread would be started for this just for weigh in or is also for chat

first time on a challange....so just wondering what it's all about

MTdebster921
05-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Dannette,
There really are no rules. You set a goal for yourself that you think you can achieve by July 4th. Make another ticker or put something in your siggy if you want to. You can just follow your regular program, you don't have to do TO or follow any specific plans unless you want to.

You can usually post losses or gains (hopefully not), whenever you want, no set days unless people want to set a day.

Cassi said she'd start a new thread and that would be for WI's and chat also. We're not too formal around here anyway.

Agibely
05-24-2007, 11:49 PM
How do you make the ticker so it starts on 0 and goes to 10 because ten pounds is my goal. every time i do it it makes me put in my starting weight, current weight and goal weight but I just want the 0-10..any ideas?

Agibely
05-24-2007, 11:55 PM
nevermind, got it!!

MM07
05-25-2007, 02:01 AM
You guys rock!! This is exactly what I need, and perfect timing before summer is in full gear! I've been doing the eight week body makeover, but maybe I'll switch to the 5. I'll have to think on that one. Either way, I'm in for 15 pounds.

You know, I don't mind TO at all, wonder if it would be bad just to do it once every week? What do you think?

Also, it is time for me to start exercising, I need to shake things up a bit. So this challenge will put the pressure on, I don't want to be a loser loser! :D

Dan2112
05-25-2007, 02:03 AM
Great to see everyone jumping on the wagon here.. Now if we could just get the other roosters involved...

bizlawchik
05-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Danette - If you don't do Lites, I think you can do Fast Forward instead of TO. I think that's what some others were told. And I do FF instead of TO due to my schedule. BUT... don't feel pressured to do it. I don't think I'm starting with a FF/TO. But if you feel the urge (and check w/your COD) I think you can do the FF if you wanted.

kaj804
05-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Okay guys, I am going to give this a try too.Sounds like fun...I will go in for 10lbs.

hdsqrl
05-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Is it fair for me to start my own countdown from the beginning of my 5-week meltdown, rather than start with 5/29 like everyone else? 'Cause I've already lost a few, and don't want to NOT add those into my 12-pound goal, since I usually lose so slowly anyway. :p

<----cheater!

emmysmom
05-25-2007, 12:33 PM
I think that's okay, Megan...you're not a cheater.

I'm going to make a ticker and start with today's WI since I won't have time to post my Sunday's WI...then I'll be out of town. So today will be official start weight.

Dan2112
05-25-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm going to wait for the weekend to blow over before I start.. Might as well let my Memorial Day goal die a timely death... I think I'll do a TO on Monday and Tuesday...

TERZALPAP
05-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Im in for 10 but hoping for 15!!!!!!!!!!1

twheelz
05-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Dan you are too funny! Just bow out gracefully right?? :D
I am going to start for sure on Tuesday but maybe Monday...I have to go to my mother-in-laws on Monday and I am not sure how it will go...I can at least have my shakes for breakfast and lunch and stick as closely as possible for dinner. Everyone have a great weekend!

equinetcan
05-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Danette - I do FF and I am on all food and no lites (RED). In fact I am kick starting this shindig for me with a FF on tuesday and Wed. It will be difficult as I will be 4-12 but I can do it. I just have to plan and prepare. If you have any questions feel free to pm me and I will gladly get back to you or pm me and I will send you my email address.

That being said...I am actually looking forward to this......I think.......

Debbie367
05-25-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm in for 10!!! I need something to kick me into high gear...thanks!

Wendelina
05-26-2007, 01:11 AM
I'm in for 10!

Kristenpag
05-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Ill try to lose 8 pounds. This is gonna be tough!!!!

KoffeeDiva
05-27-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm in for 8 pounds.
I think I'll start with FF on Monday & Tuesday. Looking forward to the challenge as I seem to have been gaining losing the same 2 pounds since November despite being POP 95% of the time.

Boo'sMom
05-27-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm in--I desperately need this as I shamefully admit to have hit the 15 pound mark--gained that is!!! I have been absolutely horrible. I can't believe I let myself gain half of what I lost. Oh well--my sis is joining LAWL on Tuesday and Mom has promised good healthy food for the summer. I am going to start the 5 week meltdown on Tuesday. I hate to set a goal since that usually backfires but I would LOVE to lose 10 by the 4th--we'll see. The longer I stay away the more I gain so get ready to see lots of Boo.

Angie
05-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Okay, I'm in for 10 as well, with a side goal of excerise of 30 minutes, 3 times a week.

I suck at these challenges too, but I need SOMETHING to get me going again.

Debbie367
05-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Angie - I like the extra exercise challenge! My goal is 20 minutes 5 days a week. I have an eliptical machine at home so NO excuses for me!!!!!

Angie
05-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Ha! I have a toddler, so I should have no excuses either...lol.

ElleofALady
05-28-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm in...17 lbs!!! YOWZER!! That's about 2lbs a week and I am combining it with my DS Christening goal that ends on June 10. So, I think I can do it! Good luck, all!

gonnabehealthy
05-28-2007, 12:34 PM
So it officially starts today right? I am ready to go.

smjezzy
05-28-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm going to join in on this challenge but I'm just going to challenge myself to stay on plan. This month has been a complete washout for me. First my birthday which I made it thru OK with just a little cheating. But this weekend is really killing me. First my son's high school graduation was Thursday. Big party with hamburgers and hotdogs and queso and other dips too various to mention and chips galore and cake and cheese of every variety. I sampled everything. I finally threw the cake out yesterday. I only had 1/2 a slice of that so not bad. It's the chips and dips that are getting me. Throw them out you say? Good idea, just can't seem to make myself do that. We also went to see pirates yesterday and I had to have some popcorn then last night to add insult to injury I had a fish and shrimp basket. Sheesh. Can't get anywhere if you take one step forward and 50 back. So my challenge to me is to get my head back in the game, stay POP for 1 full month and get this ticker below 220. That's not much but my main goal here is to stop the foolishness and get serious again. I had hoped to be in wonderland by July 4 but that's not going to happen. I'm going to do what I can though.

HocusPocus
05-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Count me in for 10! :hug:

Dan2112
05-28-2007, 01:25 PM
We all have days like that Shannon.... I think you're idea just to stay OP as best as possible for the July 4th challenge is a good one..and honestly is probably harder than just a weight goal challenge... Most of us can make our challenge goals but still have a couple of cheats here and there, but to make it all the way OP?

Now THAT's a challenge...

Angie
05-28-2007, 01:28 PM
to add insult to injury I had a fish and shrimp basket

I think you meant, "add insalt to injury" :p

marzbe
05-28-2007, 04:20 PM
I think you meant, "add insalt to injury" :p

:joker: :joker: :joker:

Ok I'm starting today, might as well get my arse really moving. :kickbutt:

Lorig
05-28-2007, 05:01 PM
I think this is what I need. Count me in for 10.

zambejaly5
05-28-2007, 05:27 PM
I chose 10 too.

Snook
05-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Okay, going to the COD tomorrow to weigh in, I'll start from that weight.

I'm a little nervous because I live an hour and a half from my cod and I haven't been in in two weeks to weigh. I have been weighing on my own scale and I have been on plan. I'm just afraid I haven't done as good as I think or even *gasp* gained.

KrispieD
05-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Okay I'm a glutton for punishment so I'm doing Takeoff tomorrow and Wednesday.. I vicariously celebrated the long weekend from Canada with all of you at a Lobsterfest and a few liquid fruit and starch.. my DH birthday is on Wednesday but he believes in celebrating his BirthWeek or often his Birthmonth so the temptations are everywhere.. I have 2 weeks left of stabilization and just want to get it DONE so if I do indulge a bit here and there I can stop the dreaded fear of the dang COD sclae.
So starting tomorrow the cuisine on the menu shall consists of good ole chicken and grapefruits..they are already in the freezer chilling.
Let me know if anyone else is joining me on my journey of misery and retribution :)
xo to you all!

Boo'sMom
05-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Kristen--I am doing takeoff tomorrow and weds., too. Starting the summer meltdown. My drug of choice will be grapefruit and shrimp for the next 2 days.

KrispieD
05-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah Lea Ann.. I forgot about shrimp.. forget the chicken!!

Boo'sMom
05-28-2007, 10:59 PM
no kidding! when my mom and I did TO over Spring Break we did shrimp and grapefruit and it was so much better. I love chicken but after a while I start squawking!

cdb232
05-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Just joined today - started working out yesterday hoping to stop the insanity! I am in for the 10 lb challenge! :)

saranacbnl
05-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Here we go.....Good luck everyone.

Peggy

Shoot - I forgot to weigh myself before work. Oh well- I am still going to start today/

Angie
05-29-2007, 02:58 PM
It's the first day! How is everyone doing?

I'm soooo glad I'm working my pt job tonight, because I feel like I could eat everything on my menu right now. I can't eat there, so I have to get most stuff in ahead of 5:00.

I think I'm also going to aim for 10 glasses of water per day during the challenge. With warmer weather coming and more exercise, I'm sure I can use it.

Mama Nicole
05-29-2007, 03:24 PM
well, I completely suck for day 1......but look out tomorrow.....(I hope). XOXO

Angie
05-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Nicole -- The day is only half over, so you can still change this to a good day. Just make healthy choices for the rest of today and you can go to bed feeling good, not guilty.

Boo'sMom
05-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Not to brag--but I am POP. My biggest problem is we got super busy cleaning house (my girls owe me $$ so they are really busting tail hoping I will forgive some of their debt!--which I will b/c they did a super job without me having to nag)--and now it's 2:00 and I all I've gotten in is a Luna, 1 grapefruit, and water--just started on my first round of shrimp--and it's yummy. I gotta get busy eating--it's been forever since I've had that problem.

Dan2112
05-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Don't worry about braggin' Lea Ann.. That's what this place is for too..

I've been 100% POP today too, but the day's only half over..

I gotta tell you, the leftover salmon and green salad for lunch ain't cuttin it.. I'm pretty damn hungry still...

To make matters worse, I shared the lunch table with a coworker who grabbed Wendy's for lunch.. The aroma from the fries nearly killed me...

smjezzy
05-29-2007, 04:21 PM
I think today I'm going to get ALL my food in...maybe...we'll see what happens after the evening shot...anyway I'm doing great so far staying on plan and not cheating.

Boo'sMom
05-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Dan--the Wendy's just might have done me in! Fortunately it's just the girls and I most of the week so that will help. It's been a long long time since I've had anything to brag about so I guess I can. Something about leftover fish just doesn't do it for me. Now the shrimp I have will be great!

Shannon--EAT!

jalyn820
05-29-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm new to this whole thing. I need motivation. I'm in for 12.

greeneyes1022
05-29-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey all

I'm a newbie and excited about this forum. Count me in for the challenge, I'm in for 15

Dan2112
05-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Good to see the noobs continue to join it.. These challenges are a great way to kick start the engine and keep you motivated...

Now.. If you'll excuse me, I'm off to Wendy's... jk...

twheelz
05-29-2007, 06:07 PM
So far so good for me! Of course its only day 1 so I hope I can keep it up. It helps knowing we have alot of us doing this challenge together. Im still not sure what I am going to do the day after tomarrow...I have to think of what I can do for the JetStart....:?:

Boo'sMom
05-29-2007, 06:11 PM
We can take the thinking out it:
yogurt and fruit
yogurt/fruit smoothie
EAS Myoplex Lite
milk and fruit

hmmmm--I'm sure there are other choices but here's a few.

saranacbnl
05-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Wow - almost done with day one. Hope everyone did okay. I have to think about Thursday too - these days aren't too hard as far as planning is concerned.

Suzie - I too am off to my part-time job tonight - I am so busy there that I really don't even think about eating. It is when I come home - that is when I want to munch. But so far POP - so I will go to BED when I get home :)

Good luck everyone - we are on our way to a slimmer July 4th..

Peggy

saranacbnl
05-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks Boo's mom - that did take the thinking right out it :) Perfect timing for me. I will be going to Walmart to check out the EAS and to buy some yogurt -

Mama Nicole
05-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Good to see the noobs continue to join it...

:rofl: the "noobs" :rofl:

I agree though.............welcome to all the newbies :) You have found the right place :)

marzbe
05-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Dan: DO NOT GO NEAR WENDY'S THERE IS SALT THERE!

Ok, intervention complete--let's just keep on trekking. Then agian, I'm not juicing and are done with weightloss, I could eat like a normal person today. :devil:

Boo'sMom
05-29-2007, 06:36 PM
no problem saranac--one thing I highly recommend to anyone new to this is USE the knowledge of the vets--some of us have been at it way too long but we definitley know some tricks--I am back on the wagon so will have to take my own advice!!

saranacbnl
05-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks I will take your advice...

Also no Wendy's for me :)

Wendelina
05-29-2007, 06:45 PM
So far so good today.. totally POP. Although I gained 4 lbs over the weekend.. :-(

Boo'sMom
05-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Wendy--it won't stick--that's my story anyways!

Wendelina
05-29-2007, 06:54 PM
That's my story, and it's not sticking to me! :-)

I'm hoping it doesnt .. I attribute it to waaaaay too many Mojitos

Boo'sMom
05-29-2007, 07:23 PM
lemon water will wash it away--wish I could blame mine on a carefree weekend--I've had a carefree month and am paying dearly!

Wendelina
05-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Yep.. I've been pounding lemon water all day long..

Boo'sMom
05-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Day 2 of TO and suprisingly I feel great. Amazing what good eating will do for the spirits. You would think when we eat good and feel good we would not want to indulge and feel crappy again but that's not always the case for me.

I was afraid these lazy days of summer would be extra hard but so far so good. Of course I am only 3 days in on OP eating but I am hoping the scales will make it worth it so I will want to stay strong.

How is everyone else doing on TO--I know there are a lot of us doing it together so that helps.

Kimphin
05-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Wendy - I've gained 5 over the past week. Confession is good for the soul, if not the ego.

Hopefully a large portion of that will come off this week. I'd like to say that it is water weight, but my memory is too good.....

Dan2112
05-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks I will take your advice...

Also no Wendy's for me :)

completely off topic here, sorry...

It just occured to me that your user name has "Saranac" in it.. Are you from Saranac Lake? It's not that far from Auburn, so I was just wondering..

My mom's family is from there and I spent several vacations there "on the lake" as a kid... Her family no longer lives there, but it's such a cool little town, what with the lake festival in the dead of winter.. :lol:

Just curious...

saranacbnl
05-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Day two (TO)- so far so good. I agree with you Boo's mom - I feel pretty good too. Hopefully this mood will keep up. I am doing the Knudson's Simply Nutritious juice, but next round I think I will try the cantelope and oranges. I feel better today than I have in a while. I am going to shop for provisions for the remainder of the week... yogurt, fruit, slimfast, ice cream, potato chips - whoops scratch those last two items - I just don't think they are on this particular plan :)

Dan - Yep - Saranac Lake - We just love it up there and Lake Placid too. We have camped up in that area many times - nothing like it. On another note - also at the same time we were camping up there we drank quite a few Saranac beers - which are good, too :)

Keep up the good work everyone - thanks for the motivation.....

Lynx
05-30-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm jumping in too for 10 by July 4th!

Dan2112
05-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Day two (TO)- so far so good. I agree with you Boo's mom - I feel pretty good too. Hopefully this mood will keep up. I am doing the Knudson's Simply Nutritious juice, but next round I think I will try the cantelope and oranges. I feel better today than I have in a while. I am going to shop for provisions for the remainder of the week... yogurt, fruit, slimfast, ice cream, potato chips - whoops scratch those last two items - I just don't think they are on this particular plan :)

Dan - Yep - Saranac Lake - We just love it up there and Lake Placid too. We have camped up in that area many times - nothing like it. On another note - also at the same time we were camping up there we drank quite a few Saranac beers - which are good, too :)

Keep up the good work everyone - thanks for the motivation.....

Very cool indeed.. Such a small world we live in, eh? Haven't been there in years.. Probably should think about it before too long. I've been wanting to take Liz and the kiddos up to the northeast...

jessicarenee331
05-30-2007, 02:56 PM
saranacbnl >> You know, I just was in yesterday to my COD asking her about TO, (I started my very first one today) and she told me I cannot do TO with fruit. I told her I'd read online I could do it with Grapefruits or oranges, and she said that isnt true. So I am confused. They also told me when I signed up that I cannot join without purchasing lites, that they are mandatory. Does my COD just LIE to me?

Is anyone else having a problem with info received from COD?

Boo'sMom
05-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Jessica--I won't come out and say they are lying but.... remember--this is a business and if they tell you that you can sub fruit for the TO juice (they sell) then they aren't making money off of you. My COD hated when I mentioned anything I learned outside of their office. It's all about the almighty $$. Sometimes, once you make a decision to do something not approved by your COD you will have to finagle the diary. I know a lot has changed about the lites being mandatory but I can't imagine them turning anyone away--it may just affect the refund, which is negligible compared to the cost of the lites.

jessicarenee331
05-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Well I guess I just wish they'd say, "you can do that, however we've seen the best results with the juice" something along those lines. They shouldnt have left me thinking I have no choice when I KNOW otherwise. You know what I mean? It just makes me angry. Don't get me wrong, I love the lites, but I like to have all the information before spending so much $$. My program (26 weeks of weight loss + maint + stab + lites) costed me around 1200$

Boo'sMom
05-30-2007, 03:15 PM
I completely understand--DH and I did it together and spent a fortune, but after losing so well and even knowing what I know now I WOULD do it all over again. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this site but we've talked in the past about information overload and I firmly believe you did the right thing. Yes, it's expensive and now you know alternatives, but the money is still well spent. You WILL lose and you will learn a lot that you will use in the future. I think it's very important to follow the plan, as is--even with the Lites--to get a firm grasp. For those that can't--that's fine, too but you have to jump in wholeheartedly for this to stick. Gosh I sound preachy--sorry.

Anyway--don't regret what you've done. But know that you can do things differently in the future. Hang in there and take every bit of information you can and supplement it with what you learn here. My sister just joined LAWL yesterday and even knowing what I know I encouraged her to do TO with their juice and to buy their Lites for at least her Weighloss phase. It works!!

jessicarenee331
05-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Lea Ann, thanks! I appreciate your support, it does make me feel better. I actually am using their FF Juice, because I had some left from when I first joined. So why not use it? It doesnt taste awful. And it is filling, to me, more filling than an orange would be. The Lites are yummy, and have helped me tremendously curve my want for junk food & chocolate.

Again, thank you! I've survived half of my first day doing a TO!

Boo'sMom
05-30-2007, 03:34 PM
No problem--you sound better already. I am terrible about "kicking myself" in hindsight after any major decision--especially involving money! But think about how great you are going to feel and that great feeling trickles throughout your life and your family--when mama's happy everyone is happy!

smjezzy
05-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Wow - I was really rushed today getting out of the house and didn't pack my lunch and snacks properly. I have a heck of a lot of food left to get in and no appetite. 1/2p 2S 1F 1Fat <-- this is what's left after this next snack and dinner

I haven't cheated though so I still count this as staying on plan. I am going to get all my veggies and and can see getting in the remaining fruit after dinner. It's just the starches, fat and 1/2 P that aren't looking promising

saranacbnl
05-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Jessica - wow do I understand what you were feeling - about the lites and the take off and other things - moneywise. Yet, just like Boo, I would do it again in a minute. Out of all of the plans I have ever done -this one is my favorite. The entire concept works - it really does.

My problem is that unfortunately I had a goal - came super close to making that goal -and blew it. I swayed from the plan and then never really got back on track again until recently. Now I am doing it with this board and their motivation and information - yet if I never joined LAWL I never would have lost the weight that I lost and had the understanding that I do now. Does that help?

Dan- very small world indeed. I bet your family would love it up in the Adirondack Mountains. We have family in AZ and really enjoy visiting the southwest - that area just is gorgeous.

Dan2112
05-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Boy did I just survive a trip into the valley of temptation... I got invited to go to lunch with a bunch of our timber management officers.. We went to a little pub/restaurant down the street... Talk about a tempting menu.. Everything from Philly Cheesteaks to green chile stew, to fried chicken, etc... The smells were driving me nuts... I settled on the 'ol stand by, grilled chicken ceasar with dressing on the side... They had some sodium free pepper sauce that I added to the dressing to give it a little kick... I was really good and didn't even eat any of the croutons...

All I can say is that this challenge better pay off!!

hdsqrl
05-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Good job, Dan!!! :D I've not done nearly as well, but am still plugging along, trying to make better decisions than I once would have. It's something, at least. :)

smjezzy
05-30-2007, 05:16 PM
WTG Dan - I just got hungry thinking about the philly cheese steaks - sure wish I'd have packed some veggies today!

saranacbnl
05-30-2007, 06:27 PM
You did it Dan - another lunch over with and still POP. Keep it up.

On another note - I put a ticker in my signature line but it doesn't show up when I send a message... I must be doing something wrong... Can anyone help or is this not the right thread for that??

MayEMT
05-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Yay! Im on the meltdown as of last week. i could sure use a challange. 10lbs by july 4th! :dizzy:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar053/slider-hearts/lb/160/124/155/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Angie
05-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Shannon My suggestion for 2S, 1Fa and P is Toast with butter and 2oz of low fat cheese for your P .Alternate: Crackers and peanut butter, crackers and cheese, you could have some popcorn with margarine, that takes care of starches and fat, then just eat a piece of cheese or a tbsp of peanut butter. God Im getting hungry.

saranacbnl
05-30-2007, 08:06 PM
I am very hungry right now - just had some chicken and spinach for dinner. I think I should go take a walk or I will be walking right into the refridgerator. I am glad tomorrow I can start eating some other foods....

Oh well - just thought I would say that and also see if my new ticker works..

let's see;;;;

smjezzy
05-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Well I made it thru yesterday - didn't get all my food in but didn't eat any crap either. Off to a good start today. I had a shock when I hit the scale yesterday. I just knew I'd be up about 5lbs. I figured the queso from graduation had time to hit plus I think my visitor will be stopping in next week. Having miserable symptoms. I stepped on the scale just to get it out of the way since and I was actually down 1 lb. This diet is being very forgiving. Woohoo.

Boo'sMom
05-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Shannon--woohoo on the pound--with all that's going on it will probably be more when you get "done".

Angie--I had to stop halfway through your post--I was drooling, too!

Saranac--good thinking--a walk around the block is much better than a walk to the fridge! Your tickers look great.

Dan--WTG--I think you and Liz will do great --COD or not--anyword on refunds? Hope that works itself out and you don't have to stress for it.

Today starts day 3 of my first week of the Summer Meltdown--so far so good. I will try the EAS drink shortly. I figure worst case, I have to finish the other 3 in the pack but maybe they will be fine, too. A starch sure will be nice.

smjezzy
05-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Lettie, I think you mentioned this problem once. When I do a TO it works fine for 1 or 2 lbs but then that next week I either have a gain or no loss at all. What is happening? By the way - there is no cheating that next week.

Any ideas?

Boo'sMom
05-31-2007, 11:24 AM
good news--the EAS Myoplex lites are fine! I had scared myself out of trying them but decided since they were already bought and in the fridge I would make myself. I have the chocolate fudge and it tastes like slimfast to me. Weird that we count it as a fruit and dairy but I figure the 20g. of protein will help me finish my mowing. I was really afraid with the 20g. protein and only 1g. sugar it would be nasty. Pleasantly surprised.

saranacbnl
05-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Day three and so far so good. Down one pound. I know it can go up quick so I have to continue being POP. Had yogurt and apple - replaced the Jet Start - 1/2 light english muffin for breakfast. After two days of TO what a treat that was...

Thanks for the update on the EAS Lea Ann - I think I will give them a try. I think I will feel more like I am on the plan if I use those. I couldn't find the Frappucciano Lights at Wal-Mart either. But I have the slim-fast for the slim down for lunch.

Glad to have you join MayEMT.

I just feel like it works if I keep writing to you all. I hope you don't mind.

Have a good day...

Peggy

Boo'sMom
05-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Peggy--write away! It really does help stay "on"

FITNOTFATT
05-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone, looks like we are all off to a really good start. It is so encouraging to read everyone's post and know we are doing great. I finished my first 2 days. And dropped 5lbs. But, I was up 3 from Memorial Day weekend so, I did pretty good. Lost what I had gained and then some.
My question is I feel pretty confused. I'm reading everyone's posts and realize I may be doing the wrong LAWL "diet". I got the plan from the 8 week makeover thread. It tells me to continue on my "regular" plan for the following 12 days. But I read everyone talking about that Jetstart drink. Can someone direct me to the plan I should be looking at? Looks like there are 2 plans. 8 week makeover and the 5 week summer meltdown. Not sure which one I should follow. Anyone think that the 5 week one will yeild more results? Ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Boo'sMom
05-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Maria--I am doing the Summer Meltdown (5 weeks)--not sure about the others. This will end for my on July 2nd. Five weeks seemed about as long as I could hang. I am only on day 3 of the first week though.

smjezzy
05-31-2007, 01:15 PM
I just bumped that summer meltdown thread back up. I haven't read thru it though but it's there.

twheelz
05-31-2007, 01:35 PM
I have a question....Im doing the SlimFast Optima (instead of the SlimDowns) for lunch....could you do that instead of the JetStart too?? I did yogurt and fruit this morning but was just wondering. Heres a hint...I got the SlimFast Optima in milk chocolate flavor and mix it with Light Soy milk and a spoonfull of instant amarreto flavored coffee and blend it in the blended with ice...YUM! Who needs StarBucks!?!??!

saranacbnl
05-31-2007, 03:22 PM
I was wondering the same thing twheelz, yet maybe two slimfasts per day would be too many calories - that was why I did the yogurt and fruit this morning, too. Curious what the others will say...

Your concoction sounds yummy - like an iced coffee drink. I think I will have to start experimenting.

hdsqrl
05-31-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm thinking that two slimfasts in one day wouldn't work, as the original plan (one Jetstart and one Slimdown) subs for 1Fr, 1D, 1P, and 1S. Two Slimfasts would equal 2P and 2S, which would jack with your exchanges for the rest of the day. Better to go with the fruit/yogurt combo, I'm thinking. :)

Boo'sMom
05-31-2007, 03:48 PM
I agree with Megan--they are not the same. I have no idea why since the EAS is the same calorie-wise--but that's just not the way it works out. I am not at a point where I want to play with things too much--I know the plan works when I follow it. It seems the more I try to jack with it the more I gain---hmmm...... maybe they are on to something--lol.

bizlawchik
05-31-2007, 04:48 PM
My mantra has been "stop fighting the program". It seems when we try to "do stuff" it doesn't work out, doesn't it? We all bash our CODs and the counselors, the "official" LAWL products, etc., but when it comes down to it, if you just do what you're supposed to do, it actually works. Whodda thunk it?

marzbe
05-31-2007, 06:54 PM
My mantra has been "stop fighting the program". It seems when we try to "do stuff" it doesn't work out, doesn't it? We all bash our CODs and the counselors, the "official" LAWL products, etc., but when it comes down to it, if you just do what you're supposed to do, it actually works. Whodda thunk it?

Really? I would've never figured that one. :s:

Personally I would stick with the exchages if you're not going to be rushing for the LAWL products. It's easier to keep things as basic as possible, it works in the end. I'll just ignore the non-budging scale, I'll take the wierd feeling arms without flab--over 10 pounds anyday.

I at one point was tossing a F/F yogurt into the Magic Bullet with fruit a couple of times a week. The beauty of the Magic Bullet is that you can whip up the drink the night before, toss on the cover and drink it hours later.

If Cassi is going to have the "Stop fighting the progam" mantra, I'm going back to the Keep It Simple Stupid method. The basics work for a reason.

bizlawchik
05-31-2007, 07:02 PM
Love the magic bullet! Great for making tuna salad for one, and it's small enough to bring to the office to make fresh smoothies.

Boo'sMom
05-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Cassi--tell me what you put in the bullet for your tuna salad--please! I had some chicken salad awhile back (homeade--new caterer brought to school--yum) anyway--it had dill--which I assumed I didn't like because I don't try new things--lol--so how much should I add to my 6oz. chicken? I am so glad we have an expert around here!!

twheelz
05-31-2007, 08:38 PM

I agree doing the program as they have laid out is probably the best but here is my issue...I went to the center, lost 45 lbs and have kept it off for the last 2 yrs BUT Im about 140 and would like to get down to about 125. I dont want to go back to the center and pay ANOTHER $1500 to do a program that I already know how to do in order to buy THEIR products. I feel that there HAS to be somethings out there that are comprable. LAWL wasnt there for me after half way through my program I became very sick and found out that it was bec I was allergic to wheat and that was in their bars. They gave me back my money for my bars and said good luck with your weightloss...and of course I got no money back on weeks that I bought and didnt use...they supposedly have dieticians but they couldnt even help me come up with a meal plan. So I lost the rest by using other products that didnt make me sick....so yes I think their program works the best but I am not giving them another penny....they left a very bitter taste in my mouth bec once they realized I wouldnt be buying the bars and they had to refund me the ones I already bought, they didnt help me one bit. So thats why I will follow their plan with alternitive products.

bizlawchik
05-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Lea Ann - I put in a can of tuna or chicken, 1T rf (not FF) mayo, onion, pepper, and McCormick's Original Chicken Seasoning. I know it has sodium in it, but it's the only "salty" spice I use and it gives the tuna a non-tuna taste. I blend it in the bullet, or in the food processor until smooth and either put it on crackers, a bagel, a 50 calorie tortilla, etc. Also just eat it plain when I'm saving starches for other goodies!

Boo'sMom
05-31-2007, 09:37 PM
I love the idea of adding the seasoning--I like tuna but it's easy to get burned out on it, too. Thanks a bunch!

MomOfThreeTeens
05-31-2007, 09:55 PM
Throw me down for 10lbs.. the winner gets a big bag of salt autographed by Dan!

KRISTEN!!! 10 more pounds??? A good stong wind will blow you away girl! LOL I'll tell you what people are telling me...Its time to stop now! LOL

Debbie367
05-31-2007, 10:10 PM
I have been considering a Magic Bullet and I think I am going to go online and buy one now. I am a HUGE Tuna fan but am like Lea Ann and get burned out if I don't spice it up a bit. Cassie ALWAYS has the best recipes.

Boo'sMom
05-31-2007, 10:44 PM
Debbie--I know you can get them at Target, Walmart, and Kohls for about $60--if you have one handy. Mine was on the clearance at Target for $45--no idea why but it was the last one so maybe they just aren't planning to carry it anymore. We've only made smoothies but I am going to try the chicken salad tomorrow.

saranacbnl
05-31-2007, 11:48 PM
Okay owning a magic bullet sounds pretty enticing to me. I tune out when the infomercial is on - like I do with most of those - but hearing good results from someone who actually owns one makes sense to me. I know that Kohl's sells them and they seem to be on sale alot recently....they usually have good deals there. I am going to have to check out more recipes from Cassi. I plan on trying a smoothie for breakfast tomorrow - can't wait.

Eight more pounds and then a chance to win that big bag of salt from Dan (autographed right??) - hmmm - now I really have to lose those pounds and win this thing.:D What a great incentive.

Boo'sMom
06-01-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm the first to admit I am a SUCKER for infomercials! I rarely buy anything but I sure do check lot of stuff out of the web. I have wanted the magic bullet for a long time so I decided what the heck.

Has anyone seen the "Infrawave" by Black and Decker?--now that looks totally cool. The $120 pricetag doesn't kill me as much as the $40 shipping! But boy am I tempted.

bizlawchik
06-01-2007, 08:47 AM
On the smoothie thing... with the bullet I find that since it's a small thing, you can't make a smoothie w/just yogurt and ice. You need to do 1/2 yogurt and 1/2 milk, or add some kind of liquid so that it blends.

I also like the vanilla shakes from the COD blended w/pineapple or blueberries and 1pkt splenda. I use 4oz water and 4 ice cubes instead of 6oz water.

And when you use the bullet for tuna or chicken salad remember that you are only using 1T of mayo so it will stick. You have to blend it, and then kind of bang it on the counter to get everything back down to the blades, blend, bang, repeat a few times. A little awkward, but I still love the little machine!

smjezzy
06-01-2007, 09:47 AM
I love my bullet but have only ever used it for smoothies. It does make a mean smoothie

bizlawchik
06-01-2007, 09:54 AM
And it shreds chicken very nicely for a quesadilla! (OP, of course, w/LaTortilla Factory tortillas!) :D

Boo'sMom
06-01-2007, 09:55 AM
oh Cassi--another great idea!

Debbie367
06-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Has anyone seen the "Infrawave" by Black and Decker?--now that looks totally cool. The $120 pricetag doesn't kill me as much as the $40 shipping! But boy am I tempted.

Lea Ann- I am a gadget freak!!! Especially kitchen gadgets. I haven't heard of the "infrawave" but am going to check it out :D

I am going to swing by Kohls and look for the M. Bullet. I didn't order one online last night...I am such a pre-shopper! LOL

saranacbnl
06-02-2007, 12:30 AM
I just wanted to log on to say hope that everyone had a good day today. It was tough for me. When I got home from work, stressful day. I cheated - gulp - and had a glass of wine. I totally understand why they say no alcohol - when I have a glass of wine I want a snack... also it is the weekend and that is hard too. So I had to confess - but I am back on plan. Hopefully the scale won't notice :)

Debbie367
06-02-2007, 12:48 AM
3oz of wine = 1 fruit :)

Sorry you had a stressful day! Hang in there this weekend.

Boo'sMom
06-02-2007, 01:16 AM
Debbie--I caved and after searching the web for the Infrawave and it's reviews--I found it through Amazon for $129.99 with FREE shipping--what the heck--the reviews were great and if it will make a better chicken breast than we do (and believe me we have tried without much success!) then it will be well worth it.

Kimphin
06-04-2007, 12:55 PM
OK, Lea Ann - you have to let us know how it goes when you get it. All I could think of when I was reading your posts about it was " Lea Ann is going to make chicken with an EZ Bake Oven." and I cracked up. I am on some serious drugs though.....

marzbe
06-04-2007, 01:53 PM
I was thinking EZ-Bake too. :p

Seriously, if it works Lee Ann I'm up for another new kitchen gadget. I use the Magic Bullet for everything, it's a trusted tool, I want something I can play with.

Dan2112
06-04-2007, 02:27 PM
That infrawave oven does look pretty nifty... We've been thinking about getting a new toaster, so if it's all that it says it is, maybe that's a good choice...

Snook
06-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Just wanted to check in real quick and say that I had a good week! Went to weigh today and I'm down 3.6! Woo Hoo!!!:carrot: I start classes this week again...it's going to be interesting to see how I do. I will be living away from home Mon-Thurs.

Boo'sMom
06-05-2007, 01:40 PM
my infrawave oven should be here next week--unfortunately I will not be here. I figure I won't get to try it out for a couple weeks. Haven't decided when I will come back from the folks. EZ bake--you nuts.

smjezzy
06-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Day 2 of TO on the summer meltdown. All in all not too bad once I got over yesterday's lunch! Last night was 3oz sirloin and veggies that my DS actually grilled. Delicious but he does love the pepper! It was very nice having a meal that I didn't cook! Today for lunch is leftovers from last night. I think tonight I'll have the talapia.

Haven't weighed in, not really sure when I should weigh in. My normal day is Saturday but I wonder if the TO is doing any good for me. AF arrived last night so I'm hoping to drop a bunch of water weight within the next couple of days. I think I will just weigh at home and jot it down each day and hope the COD scale is close. Sometimes it's right on and others it's a pound different. Who else is doing the meltdown? Where are you in the process and are you having any results?

hdsqrl
06-05-2007, 03:53 PM
:woohoo: Angela!! Good job!!!

Shannon, I used to go by my COD's weight but have now dropped down to only weighing in once a week there, so now I go by my home sclae number mostly. When I am done with LAWL, I'll be looking at my home sclae, so I figured I might as well start using that number. :)

smjezzy
06-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Makes complete sense and quite frankly I only go to the center once a week as well. They are moving closer to my house pretty soon so I'll probably try to get in at least twice a week.

Debbie367
06-05-2007, 08:10 PM
ooo Lea Ann- I am jealous of your Ez Bake oven purchase. Let me know how you like it once you get a chance to use it. I am still mulling over the Magic Bullet. I want to get a good deal :) - The shipping on Ebay is ridiculous....sheeesh!

myboysnme2
06-09-2007, 09:28 PM
I think I can, I think I can...Haven't seen any updates to this thread for a couple of days, how's everyone doing??

Kim

Angie
06-09-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm doing awful! I am 6lbs heavier than when we started this challenge. :( I hope everyone else is doing better than me.

Snook
06-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Hang in there Angie. (love your name!;) ) Just take it one day at a time. You can get it back off.

I'm doing okay. Had a very long week. School is kicking my hind parts, but my eating is coming along. I finding new challenges not being at home during the week. Didn't know that there were so many on the go foods that I could have. I'm having to get creative. Didn't go off POP, but didn't exactly get all my foods in on everyday. I weigh on Monday's so we shall see.

zambejaly5
06-10-2007, 10:45 AM
WAKE UP!!!!!! is everybody sleeping in? time to get up and get some exercise in. ok, well, I probably am not either. I have to help my girls clean their room.....ahhhhhh, and go help a friend paint, not fun. plus DH is getting home tomorrow after being gone for 2 weeks. so we are trying to get the house all daddy-clean. I am holding steady. my binging has slowed and the scale is stabilizing. so I hope that this next week will be a fresh start.

hang in there Angie, we all do it.... get back on plan with me. I have been bouncing around with the same 4 pounds for almost 4 weeks now! lets kick it into gear together.

Happy Sunday all!

zambejaly5
06-10-2007, 11:28 AM
no wonder no body was here! I posted in the wrong place!!!! how did I do that !!!!!??????

Angie
06-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Okay, Im' in Lettie, let's do better together. I'm really trying hard to be back on track. I had a POP day yesterday, and so far so good today. DS and I hung out outside this morning, washed the cars, pulled some weeds and he ran through the sprinkler. I'm counting that as exercise!

emmysmom
06-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm here...just lurking. I've been sticking pretty well to plan. I'm getting close to the 20 pound mark and have been trying to decide what my "reward" will be. At 10 pounds, I got a massage. I'm thinking maybe a pedicure at 20...not sure.

Hope everyone is doing well on the challenge!!!

Debbie367
06-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Tina- Try a facial! I always thought I would go for a massage over a facial but am not converted! It feels soooooooooo good and your face will glow for weeks after.

I have maintained this week :( I am going to kick it up a notch next week. I've planned for low calorie food choices and will replace one protein and one starch each day with a slimdown. Exercise is also a biggie, I am committed to doing 20 min a day on the eliptical for at least 3 days this week.

Good luck everyone...we can do it!!!

Debbie367
06-10-2007, 02:25 PM
oops meant to say "now" converted! LOL - See what happens when I try to type fast :)

zambejaly5
06-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Okay, Im' in Lettie, let's do better together. I'm really trying hard to be back on track. I had a POP day yesterday, and so far so good today. DS and I hung out outside this morning, washed the cars, pulled some weeds and he ran through the sprinkler. I'm counting that as exercise!

that is good exercise! I have noticed the last week that I stay OP better if I follow a basic map. I divided my exchanges up equally through the day and try to stick to it. so instead of each meal saying "what do I want to eat and how does it fit." I look at what I need to fill. I am on red, this is my formula, I don't always stick to it, but I do best and lose best when I do stick to it.

BREAKFAST
1 starch
1 fruit
dairy
protein

SNACK
Bar
1 fruit

LUNCH
1 protein
1 starch
2 veggies

SNACK
Bar
1 fruit

DINNER
1 protein
1 starch
2 veggies

plus my 8c of water. I have started having just the 1/2 a LA Bar at each snack, so then just one bar per day. and I seem to lose better on those days. hmmmmmm

marzbe
06-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Lettie,

I was awake when you posted this morning. As a matter of fact I was halfway through my hour work-out after already having gone grocery shopping. (I really should go back to working normal people hours, what sane person is up and done with grocery shopping for the week by 10 am on Sunday?)

Come on girls, you know you can exercise. It boosts the metabolism, it reduces the inches, and frankly I'm a cranky puss if I don't get in activity. Plus it lets me stay on Red, how can I complain? :devil:

I'm modifying my goal, took my body fat last Tuesday, it was 25.8% I want it to 24.8% by July 4th. Guess it's time to start loving the dumbells then :barbell:

Debbie367
06-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Great idea Lettie! Now that I have a Magic Bullet :yay: I am going to use the Lite shake instead of a bar, in an effort to reduce calories.

Megan- I wish I shared your enthusiasm for exercise. I know it's important and I do feel better physically and mentally after working out but boy is hard to put the plan in motion every day. This week I am going to get back to my morning workout on the elptical. My plan is to work out 20 min a day 3-4 times a week. Any suggestions for a beginner?
By the way, I've been dying to ask if you have any before/after pics!

Angie
06-10-2007, 09:14 PM
I should try that too Lettie. I did eat similarly to you when I was on red, I really miss that extra 1/2 protein now. Maybe I could do it like this:

Breakfast: 1 Starch --- 1 Fruit --- 1/2 Dairy
Snack: 1 Lite --- 1 Fruit
Lunch: 1 Starch --- 1 Protein --- 2 Veg
Snack: 1 Fruit
Dinner: 1 Protein --- 2 Veg
Evening: 1/2 Dairy

I can always move the fruits and dairy around, or move the 2nd starch to dinner instead of lunch. I really like to have 1 starch in the mornings though...other stuff just doesn't do it for me.

emmysmom
06-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Ooohhh, a facial, Debbie...that's a possibility. I haven't had one in years and years. I also found out that a local school that has classes for massage therapy, facials, etc...does body wraps and things like that. I may have to look into what they have to offer. I am now 1.3 away from that 20 pound mark, BTW...so maybe this week...

slim n trim
06-11-2007, 10:47 AM
hi everyone... just gotta share my excitement. I am down another pound. I know one pound in the last week shouldn't be a big deal, but I seem to lose so slow and last month, I only lost 2 pounds..... so this month I am already down 3 .... I am exstatic!!!!
I guess it must be all the excercise that I have been doing ..... golfing, treadmill, walking the dog ... etc.

Hope it keeps up .... still got 3 more pounds to go to reach the July 4th goal.

Angie
06-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Okay -- the good (well, great) news is that I lost 4.6 over the weekend, so now I'm just 2 and change away from my lowest weight. Two POP days and great results. I'm POP today, but I'll end up over by 1S when I have my slimdown later. I'm sure it will be fine though, and I don't have a great alternative since I'm just going from one job to the next. It's hard to feel guilty about drinking your extra starch like that.

emmysmom
06-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Great Losses, Karen and Angie!!!!!

You go, girls!

marzbe
06-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Debbie,

Try doing it while watching an indulgence. My mother only allows herself to watch Oprah if she's on the Treadmill. Needless to say most days she gets on it. :woops:

As for me, I do a Richard Simmons cardio most days since it doesn't send me into a heat wrap with my darling hardware induced tendonitis, plus it's an ego boost being thinner than most of the cast.:sorry:

For my resistance work-outs I do the Biggest Loser 2 Boot Camp and the Denise Austin Boot Camp. By following along with the DVD I'm motivated to get my strength done in the right sets and reps. Plus, it's easier to do it with the DVD then having to map it out myself. :club:

I'm still trying to figure out how to shrink the before & after photos so I can put them in the profile as one. It's 4 sizes and 24 inches, so it looks like a lot more than 16 pounds.

Debbie367
06-11-2007, 10:22 PM
WTG Karen, Angie and Tina!!!! You all rock :) This week I am aiming for 2lbs I gained a pound over the weekend but am working hard to get it off plus 2 more. WE CAN DO IT!

Megan - Thanks for the suggestions...I think I may invest in a couple of DVD's to help mix up my routine...not that I have one written in stone LOL...but I get too bored if I do the same thing every day. 4 sizes and 24 inches is AWESOME! You should be proud :)

Snook
06-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Weighed today...down 2.4 pounds!!! That makes my total 25! This is officially the most I have ever lost. Still a ways to go, but one week at a time!:carrot: :carrot:

emmysmom
06-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Fantastic, Angela!!!

Jrny2aNewMe
06-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Everyone - great movement on the tickers!

Angie
06-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm totally motivated again...went to WI today and was down another 1.4lbs since Monday, which makes it 6 since last Friday! I should WI next on Saturday, but I think I may do it Friday morning instead. We have a lunch thing at work at a chinese buffet on Friday. What on earth should I choose there?

Boo'sMom
06-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Angie--that's GREAT!!! Seeing the scale move is a great motivator!

Snowdogs
06-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Great job Angie ! Snook too, YIPPEEE.
The scale moving in the right direction is always a good motivator :-)
Keep up the good work !

Dan2112
06-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Way to go guys.. (gals, sorry! :lol:)

Debbie367
06-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Congratulations everyone! Looks like everyone is moving right along :)

I am down another 2lbs this week! :yay:

Boo'sMom
06-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Yeah Debbie--and all you other losers!! That's great. I may not make goal but I am back on track--thanks to you guys who keep me coming back...

Joni135
06-13-2007, 10:57 PM
WTG LeaAnn and Boo's GrandMom! (that would be your mom LeaAnn!).
Hey, you need to post a pic of you and mom in your avatar.........