South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 02:12 AM   #1  
B Easy

S/C/G: 188/167/140

Height: 5'2"

Smile Hello

I am BRAND new to the site and to the SBD ways.

I acutally came across this website by accident but I feel that this is fate.

According to the BMI calculator I am considered morbidly obese, however I am very active. But I am overweight for my age and height. I feel kind of bad about it and sometimes beat myself up for it. I know it's more or less the way I eat and I am ready to change that. I want to look good for myself and be able to fit into my gorgeous black dress for my friend's wedding, and no longer be "the fat girl". I am also wondering what we can drink besides just water. Also I do not have a gallbladder and I don't do well with eggs does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by daoriginalbridy; 05-23-2007 at 03:00 AM. Reason: addition
Old 05-23-2007, 06:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

daoriginalbridy, I'm glad you found us!

I don't have a gallbladder, either, and I have no problems following this WOE. There are many other options besides eating eggs, too. Look for some great ideas for recipes and menus in our FAQ section.

As for getting in your water requirements, how about adding a SF flavored powder to it? As long as your drink doesn't have caffeine, I believe it counts.

Good luck, and I look forward to having you join us!
Old 05-23-2007, 09:10 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the Beach.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Old 05-23-2007, 03:28 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

DOB!!! Glad to have you with us on this WOE and in the forum. I think you'll find it's a wonderful way to eat for life. You'll feel so much better!

I hate eggs, and started a thread on breakfast alternatives to eggs since I have a ton. It's chock full of suggestions from lots of the Beachies.

Here are some other threads you might find helpful:

The Word on Water
Emergency Phase 1 Handbook

You can drink anything without caffeine, alcohol, or fruit juice on SBD...even in P1, you can have up to two servings of caffeine a day. Teas are a great option, hot or cold, as are flavored waters, Crystal Light, diet sodas without caffeine, etc. There's a ton to drink! But water is the best thing and you shouldn't count other stuff towards drinking 64oz of plain water a day. Okay?

Keep asking questions as you have 'em...you'll get the hang of this faster than you know! You have read the book, right?
Old 05-25-2007, 12:11 AM   #6  
B Easy

S/C/G: 188/167/140

Height: 5'2"

Talking aw yes the book

I do have the book, I haven't started reading it just yet, but I saw this web site while i was looking up via the almighty google and could NOT pass the chance to meet you lovely ladies. I am about to read the book all day tomorrow and get my groceries the day after. I have already started my own little work book. Thank you for all the suggestions as the alternative to eggs. Same with the drinks, I have been drinking Crystal Light for over a month now just to break on the blandness of the water but I am going to do this wether my body likes this or not!
Old 05-25-2007, 12:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 143/143/125

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, good thing you found us!! Good luck on the beach.
Closed Thread