Old 05-23-2007, 01:36 AM   #1  

Default Another newbie introduction

Hi, everyone! Hope it's ok for me to join you!

My name is Amanda, I am almost 27, married, and I have 2 sons. The oldest will be 4 in July and the youngest will be 2 in June. (and yes, they can be a handful!)

A brief summary of my weight...175 in high school, dropped to about 155-160 the year after graduation (back then I thought I was huge, but would LOVE to see that on the scale now!), went back up to 175, got pregnant the first time and went up to 245 (obviously I overindulged!), dropped to 195 after first son, back up to 238 at end of 2nd pregnancy, and now two years later I am back around 193-195. I'm 5' 6". My tentative goal right now is 130, hopefully a muscular 133 but maybe a few less depending. So that's about 60 pounds.

I've lurked around here for a while before deciding to join a group. But it seemed to me like this one has a lot of communication...I liked the "post your pics" thread and the "what will you wear when you lose the weight" thread. I've already been thinking about it!

I need interaction and support and encouragement and hope to find that here. My older sister and I were going to Curves, but she hates working out and quit and seems unmotivated to do anything about her weight except be depressed. I've sat around doing nothing about it and being depressed about it, but I don't want to do that anymore. But I don't know how to do it alone.

My exercise plans are to start walking/jogging in the evenings and do some weights. I usually work in the evenings but I can be a bit flexible with my schedule so I will be able to fit this in. I also need to start eating breakfast again (I know for a fact that I lose weight when I eat a small breakfast daily), watch my portions, and cut back on the coffee-I'm a coffee addict-and replace it with more water. Otherwise we don't really eat too unhealthy-I don't like feeding the boys junk so I don't buy too much of it.

I want to be better for me, for my husband, for my boys...I want to be able to run and play with them outside, and take them places and not be "the fat mom. I want to get back the confidence I used to have (although never stellar, I have lost so much with the weight I have gained...I'm like a different person) and go out with my friends and actually want to dance again...I used to LOOOOVE to dance...

Anyway, now that I've written a small book here, I hope that you guys can help me and also that I can help some of you too! (I'm not all take take take, I want to support and encourage others too!)

Amanda

Last edited by Mandafay; 05-23-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Mandafay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:42 AM   #2  
yummy mommy

S/C/G: 260/240/180

Height: 5'8

hi amanda, i know just how you feel about gaining alot of weight when you were pregnant, i am 22 years old and had my baby daughter 8 months ago..... prior to getting pregnanti was about 170 (im 5'9) and went up to 240 beacue i retained water and my daughter was 10.5 when she was born..... i have lost about 20 pounds since then and still would like to loose the weitght
good luck amanda
becky
bducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:47 AM   #3  

Good luck to you too!

10.5, WOW! Mine were 7 pounds 4 ounces and 6 pounds 15 ounces!

Amanda
Old 05-23-2007, 02:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/154.6/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi Amanda, I'm new here also. Oh how I know about the pregnancy gain. I overindulged a LOT with my first two. Between my three pregnancies, I gained a total of 151 lbs!! I guess I should be happy I only kept 55 of it, huh? Instead of gaining more. LOL

I just wanted to say good luck!
ShrinkinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #5  

It is so easy to put it on, but so darn hard to get off!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement and good luck to you too!

I saw "Manda" in your signature...my parents, sister, niece, and hubby call me that.

Amanda
Old 05-23-2007, 04:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/154.6/120

Height: 5'1"

Thanks.

Yep, I'm Amanda, too. MY dad is the only one that calls me Manda. I have so many nicknames. LOL Most people call Mandy. My close friends call me Mander and in formal settings, I'm Amanda.
ShrinkinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:51 AM   #7  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello and welcome!! I am in the same boat, losing baby weight! It's sooo hard!!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:44 AM   #8  

Thanks! It looks like you are doing a great job so far!

I can't wait until my ticker starts showing some progress!

Amanda
Old 05-24-2007, 12:26 PM   #9  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Welcome!! This is a wonderful place for support and encouragement!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #10  

It sure is! I am so happy to have found 3FC!!

I see you have reached your goal...what an amazing accomplishment! Congrats!

Amanda