Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #25!

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #25!

Mom2Gaby
05-22-2007, 05:11 PM
:moped: :moped: :moped: "I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Welcome!! Pull up a chair and join us! :cofdate: :cofdate:

Mom2Gaby
05-22-2007, 05:18 PM
ewww, cool. I get to be the first to post! I am almost done with my first 33 0z bottle of water. Honestly, I think that is all I am going to drink today.
I had a greek salad and salmon for lunch. I am very happy eating the same thing day after day. Probably will get old soon but when I lost weight before I was into pickeled beets, cottage cheese and turkey all meshed together on a plate - yum. Beck and Gaby love it too - Rach gags. lol

Thanks Cristina for the card!! It was dated 4-19 and had a kitty on it. I was over a month late on my post office box and was very lucky they weren't sending my mail back! I paniced today because I checked on line for my refund and it was mailed out last Friday. So, that got the fire under my butt to go take care of it!
My refund was there! yay......whew-......I just - I don't know. I have been sick and the PO office is always closed when I get off work at 5pm. Never got around to it - that is my story :)

anwyay - it is money to help me move!! yay.

k- back to work -

Mom2Gaby
05-22-2007, 07:22 PM
I am going home! Check in with you all tomorrow. I finished 70 oz's of water! Slow start but once I started I did pretty good. I need to go find Gab a dress still for her picture. I didn't do that last weekend. I mean , I did look at 4 stores but I didn't like any of the styles that I like. Also want to let her hair grow out. The days my mother babysits her she always is taking Gab to the beauty shop! And, yes,,,,I tell her no.....:nono:
Heard from my sweetie M. He is up and down the I-5 going to meetings. He will be back up in Portland tomorrow - so I hope to catch a quick glimpse of him. Good thing because I don't remember what he looks like - haha
ok- I am bailing!
You all get in here and chat too!!!:drill: :coach: :coach: :coach: Katy, Sue, Sassy, Michelle, SusanNYC, Jules and Cristina!!!! And anyone else that wants to join us!! We are harmless...............promise!! :)

Sassy_Chick
05-23-2007, 03:12 AM
Morning all.

I know I should be sleeping, but its tough to just switch back to "days" (since my mom is here) I am just not tired yet. So figured may as well get up and do something, so I am doing laundry. I'm in DH's office, since my computer is out in the living room where my mom is..........

Yesterday we went everywhere........and I think I burned off about 1000 calories just sweating! It was HOT.....lol.....But we did do a lot of walking as well. So not exercise, but at least I was up and moving. ;)

Today we may go to the Zoo, but we'll see how we all feel, we can always go tomorrow.......

Anyway, not much to say...........

I hope you all are having a great day!

:hug:

Mom2Gaby
05-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Good Morning!
Hump day! It is a beautiful day here in Oregon.
I had some yummy veggie soup last night for dinner. My ex husband made it, I had 2 bowls, it was so filling.
Gab stayed at his house last night and I went shopping for new shoes for her. Her little toes were starting to get sore! I did that and was home at 7:30. Got in my pj's and watched After The Rose w/ my mom.
I sat and clipped split ends out until 11 and finally went to bed. Clipping is so addictive!!!
ugh - yes, I know I am odd:D
I slept all night and dreamed of the ocean. lol Jumped out of bed at 6am and had a slimfast, banana and oatmeal.
Took the shoes over to ex's house and dressed Gaby. Tried to brush her hair but she wouldn't let me.

So, here I am! Need to get to work - M is suppose to be up in town. Hope to see him!

chat later!!

RosieKate
05-23-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi All!

Susan - WTG on the 10 lbs! I finally finished my 10 pound "reward" sweater...It's my new avatar - if I managed to upload it correctly.

More pics are on the blog....took forever, but those 10 finally came off - on to the next 10:)

HI Sassy and everyone else...DD is off to preschool promotion....Yay last one out of preschool - onto kindergarten.. woo hoo

Mom2Gaby
05-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Cute - preschool promotion Katy! Gab has enjoyed her preschool - alittle nervous where I am going to be for her K next fall.
Beautiful sweater!
Ate a lime icee and need to start on my water. I think I need to go move my body and vacuum the floors. If I vacuum all the hallways it will take me 60/90 mintues - think that counts?? I do - to heck what you guys think!! lol :)
k- going to mooooooooove the body!

FrouFrou
05-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Hello ladies...

KATY...GREAT avatar and pcitures on your site! Love the sweater! And WTG to the first 10! :woohoo: :bravo: Enjoy the pre-school promotion!

SUSAN...exercise is exercise and vacuuming counts! Hope you get to see M soon. What is After The Rose? Don't think I have heard of it. YW for the card! Glad you got over there and got your refund!

SASSY...hey, walking IS exercise! Whether you are doing it at a fast pace or not, you are walking/moving! Do you have a pedometer? If not maybe you should get one and aim for the 10,000 steps they recommend. I know it helped me when I first started walking. I always did more just to get those steps in. I need to get another one...I broke it, lol! Hope you are enjoying your time with your mom.

HI MICHELLE, JULES, SUE & SusanNYC! :wave:

Not much going on today. For some reason I overslept...didn't get up until after 9, yikes! Supposed to get some severe weather today...you wouldn't know it looking out the window. The sun is shining and it is nice, windy as heck, but nice all the same. Went to the park but only did one lap-3/4 of a mile.It is too windy and there were tons of kids there. Guessing it was their last day of school party. Cracked me up because there were only 4 adults and looked like about 60 kids if not more. No one seemed to be really watching them...they were all over. But I will do more on the treadmill once I get off the computer. Didn't really feel up to walking yesterday but for some reason I had a burst of energy and did over 1.5 miles. Felt good too! Anywho...getting some laundry done and will do a little bit of cleaning also.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday!

Mom2Gaby
05-23-2007, 03:11 PM
After the Rose show Cristina!! What do you mean you haven't heard of it?? :)

It is the show after the rose was given to Tessa by Andy (The Bachelor) - after he lead Bevin on thinking he would give the rose to her but decided after Tessa FINALLY opened up and proclaimed her love that it was Tessa and not Bevin that he would propose too! So, she (Bevin) wouldn't say a word after he rejected her - and they had to hike 20 miles back to the limo. After she (Bevin - are you with me???) got in the car she cried and said "this always happens to me!!".....wow.

After that he proposed to Tessa and she said yes......THAT was Monday. Last night was After the Rose Show....with Bevein, Andy and Tessa - plus Danielle, Stephanie from SC and Amber. I like Amber and Danielle is a sweetie but Stephanie needs some fashion sense because........I mean, ya,,,,she just needs some clothes on!! She thinks she is sooo hot and Andy was sooo into her. Whatever......

I know it is sad......my world.

I did vacuum and drank 33ozs of water! Going for my salad!

chat later

Michelle
05-23-2007, 03:26 PM
SUSAN...I have watched every episode of the Bachelor and have the finale and after the final rose taped and I'm going to watch it again. My older DD, my sister and I are all addicted to this season. My sister told me that she almost booked a ticket to Hawaii for this weekend so she could go see them when Tessa got there lol.:o I did feel very bad for Bevin and she was also very beautiful, but it seems Andy and Tessa are very much in love. Great job on your weightloss!;)

Katy...Love the purple sweater and your picture, very pretty! Congrats on your weightloss also!;)

CRISTINA...You are always SO busy, you need to slow down a little missy! Thank you again for the email card!:hug:

SASSY...Enjoy your time with your mom and have fun!:hug:

Sorry I haven't been posting much, but I've had my feelings hurt by more than one person on the boards here, not this thread, and I just get tired of some people's comments. I will only post here and maybe some games and that's it. Last night, we had a very formal dinner to go to because Brittany was awarded with her Honor's Cord that she will be wearing at her graduation. We are so proud of her and one of her teachers was sitting by me and she talked so highly of Brittany and said she will make a wonderful nurse and I agree. I'm sitting here eating a salad and going to have some cottage cheese and oven roasted turkey breast when I'm finished, and I'm doing three loads of laundry.:)

FrouFrou
05-23-2007, 03:38 PM
OMG SUSAN! I completely forgot...wasn't thinking. I was watching part of The View yesterday and saw the bachelor and his new love on there. Would have watched last night but Law & Order CI & SVU was on, couldn't miss the finales. I don't think I have watched one of the bachelor shows since the very first one. WTG on the water drinking! Woohoo, glub, glub...

MICHELLE...I will never understand the need for people to be rude to others. :hug: You must be very proud of your DD. Doesn't it seem like they grow up tooooo fast?! Speaking of your sis...hope she is doing better.

Getting ready to get off the computer as soon as I head to Amazon...owe DD a gift card.

Take care ladies...chat with ya's tomorrow! :wave:

RosieKate
05-23-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm back!

The promotion was way too cute...and I got a little teary, especially when everybody sang "Goodnight Irene". It has been a good preschool for my daughter for which I will be eternally grateful. She is so ready for kindergarten!

Cristina - thanks for commenting on the blog. Sitting is harder than I thought it would be, but I am plugging away. The last couple of days have not gone well in that department. I bought some drive-thru and ate some of it in the car :( I also tend to taste while I cook. Today is better.

Susan - TY for your comment as well...I love the sweater and will get to wear it a little before it gets too warm. I have some ideas for the 20 pounder, but I gots ta lose 9 more pounds first :dizzy: Hope you get to see M soon. I watched ATR last night, too. I didn't catch much of the season, but it did seem to be a little more bimbo-free than in the past - thank goodness. Still lots of crying in the limo....

Michelle - I am sorry others have been rude to you - I get irritated when I hear about stuff like that. I figure we are all here to support one another - why should anyone want to be rude? It's so silly - but I am glad our thread is warm and welcoming and that you feel comfortable here - I do too!

Sassy - all that walking around does count! It all counts. Yeah we need to sweat, but all the strolling adds up to an active lifestyle - which is what we should be striving for....that's what will keep the lbs. off. I heard the expression "Sweet Sassy Molassy" today and thought of you ...watch out...you may have a new nickname ( hee hee)

Went to Costco today and was pleasantly surprised by the variety of organic things they have now. I was able to get spinach and romaine. I also saw organic tortilla chips and pretzels. I saw some chicken burritos, too, but thought they had too many calories. Wish they'd get organic whole wheat tortillas - that would make me extra happy. But I was very pleased with the produce and the pretzels for sure.

HI to everyone else - hope you are having a good day

Mom2Gaby
05-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Michelle :hug: :hug: I think the avatar with you and your daughter is very nice! Not many of The Bachelors have worked out but it is fun to watch the ladies fall all over the guy. Some of them are so funny.

Katy - I bet the promotion from preschool made you teary! How sweet. So, is it her last day of school? Gaby will get out I think June 8th. Tonight her teacher is making a home visit. Gaby will be thrilled to show her all the cats. I hope my mother behaves! lol

I can't believe you forgot Cristina!!!! ugh..it was an ok show. Bevin looked like she was wearing a prison outfit. She is very pretty, I hope she will be ok and finds a man that deserves her. I watched Dancing with the Stars afterward and wanted Laila Ali to win, I think she is so great. She is also like 178 pounds- wow - she is beautiful and carries it welll.........she is also really tall too.

ok- I am going to get my Gaby and go home. I drank 70 ozs of water. Speaking of pretzels I bought some at TJ's that are called Slim Pretzels - they are really good - just little chip thingies.......lol

k- adios! and hello to everyone else!!

Sassy_Chick
05-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...hey, walking IS exercise! Whether you are doing it at a fast pace or not, you are walking/moving! Do you have a pedometer? If not maybe you should get one and aim for the 10,000 steps they recommend. I know it helped me when I first started walking. I always did more just to get those steps in. I need to get another one...I broke it, lol! Hope you are enjoying your time with your mom.

Yes Cristina!! :drill: lol. Seems like I've heard that before......:lol: Yeah I need to get me one of those pedometer thingys as I can walk around work, I did that last week, taking the longer way around, etc. Every little bit helps I guess. I really want to get a bike, but I want one that won't fall apart once I sit on it or that costs a fortune! lmao. My mom is having a good time, at least she looks like she is.......today is her bday..........:woo:

HI MICHELLE, JULES, SUE & SusanNYC! :wave: HI LADIES!! :wave:

Not much going on today. For some reason I overslept...didn't get up until after 9, yikes! Supposed to get some severe weather today...you wouldn't know it looking out the window. The sun is shining and it is nice, windy as heck, but nice all the same. Went to the park but only did one lap-3/4 of a mile.It is too windy and there were tons of kids there. Guessing it was their last day of school party. Cracked me up because there were only 4 adults and looked like about 60 kids if not more. No one seemed to be really watching them...they were all over. But I will do more on the treadmill once I get off the computer. Didn't really feel up to walking yesterday but for some reason I had a burst of energy and did over 1.5 miles. Felt good too! Anywho...getting some laundry done and will do a little bit of cleaning also.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday!

It was HOT here today...........:hot: WTG on the walking. ;) Once you get your laundry done, feel free to stop by and do mine! LMAO!

Mom2Gaby
05-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Good Morning!

I am just getting in the office. My assistant sent an email last night saying she was off Thurs and Fri - cute, nice to know. Maybe this is enough to get her fired? We can hope she is rude to everybody and argues when given something to do. blah - blah

I fell asleep with Gaby last night at 7:30pm. I guess I was tired, I should probably go have my blood checked again for anemia.

I woke up and got ready for the day. Ate a banana and oatmeal - along with a slimfast. I have my first 33 oz bottle of water filled ! So, look forward to a good day - the weather here is very nice - not too hot or cold.

wish you all a good day!!!

FrouFrou
05-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Hello ladies!

KATY...I read your blog often, just don't know what to say half the time, lol. I had posted on the one about the book-SAHM versus career women and had responded to that but then I was just blowing off steam, lol. I do not agree with the woman at all and I bet she received tons of hate mail, lol. The promotion ceremony sounded sweet. I hope Leigh enjoys kindergarten as much as preschool.

SUSAN...good grief woman! I was going to say that was a lot of water you drank but I guess it's not that far from the 64 we should drink, lol. Just 70 oz. sounds like a lot, lol! That's cool that Gaby's teacher comes to the house...did your mother behave, lol. So how tall is the Ali woman? Geez, she looks GREAT for 178 lbs.! Yowza! Hope you have a good day at work.

SASSY...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your mommy! :bday2: Hope you guys do something fun! Okay, oops! Saw that you had posted that yesterday...hope you guys did something fun and she had a HB! Hey, where did you get your avatar? I have been looking for an exercise/walking/jogging one for months now and can't find any!

MICHELLE...hope you are having a great day! You know, some days I don't feel like I have been busy but the time sure does get away from me somehow. I have to keep somewhat busy to stay sane, lol. Still waiting to hear from a lady about some volunteer work...think I may give her a call.

HIYA JULES! Hoping all is well with you and the kiddo's. How is Teri feeling? Can't remember if you mentioned how far along she is. I would love to be a grandmama!

Well, I overslept again. Think that is twice this week, ugh. Have a good excuse this time though, lol. the tornado sirens went off at 4 a.m., great! Okay, it wouldn't be so bad if there was an actual tornado but it's beginning to be like the boy who cried wolf. This is twice that they have gone off and they don't know why because although we had some storms, there wasn't any signs of tornadic weather. So for a whole hour we listened to two different sirens. One was further away but still annoying, the other a lot closer and after 10 minutes...VERY annoying! When there is an actual tornado the things are going to go off and everyone is going to ignore them. Anyway, so a late start to the day. I hate going to Wal-Mart as it is but i hate it even more when it's at 10 a.m. what a pain in the bootay. I got my shopping done though and had a couple other errands to run.

Think I am going to pass on the walk today, we'll see. When I get off here I need to put some ribs in the crockpot for dinner and make a salad. V and I are off to find some pine trees and I don't want to be eating out.

Anywho...anyone have any special plans for the long weekend? We are doing the same old stuff...working on the yard, if it dries out. Supposed to rain again I think tomorrow so not sure what we'll do if it does.

Take care ladies. Hope everyone has a great day!

Mom2Gaby
05-24-2007, 02:50 PM
I had to go look at her bio Cristina. Laila is 5'10. I think she is great, I liked watching her dance.

I don't have any plans yet for the weekend. Waiting to see what M wants to do- if anything. Did I tell you he likes to work and work? *sigh. I called him last night and he was still at work at 7pm. Anyway to each their own but it annoys me. I might just be too busy for him. :devil: ok, I will take this up with Dr Phil - lol

I had my greek salad for lunch with salmon. It really is good. I skipped my coffee and feel less jittery. Still on my first bottle of water.

Have you always been from Kansas Cristina? I would be scared of the tornado's!!

Forgot to say that my mom did behave. She made lemonaid and put a plate of cookies together. I thought that was nice. Gaby loves her teacher, it went well.

Finished a bottle of water and ate a red grapefruit - it was sooooooo good and sweet.

k- life sucks when you get excited about a grapefruit.....lol

FrouFrou
05-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Okay was looking for some avatars before signing off so back again for a moment.

SUSAN...no, not from Kansas, ugh. I am originally from Arkansas but lived most of my life in Southern California. With a couple of years in Missouri and 6 looong months in Dallas...hated that place. Just been in KS for 9 years now so was used to the earthquakes. V is from here and I moved here to be with him, aaahhh, gag me, lol! Of course he says he did say that he would have moved to where I was at the time but I swear I don't remember him saying that, lol.

Laila is 5 10, wow!? She is pretty and has a GREAT body! I caught a glimpse of her dancing on The View and all I can say is WOW! They were awesome!

Glad your mom was behaving, lol. And...I hope you get to see M this weekend. You know, V works a lot too. But I think from being single so long, or what seemed like a long time. I actually don't mind it. It gives me my free time and I think we get along better, lol.

I've not had a grapefruit in ages! Seemed like when I had one I had to put sugar on it and that kind of defeated the purpose, lol.

Better get going. Need to put those ribs in the crockpot...it cooks them pretty fast so will be done by 6-6:30'ish.

Chat with ya soon. :wave:

RosieKate
05-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Ugh. ate too much for lunch and now I feel like a beached whale. I worked for an hour pulling weeds at the elementary school's garden, so there's at least some exercise to offset.

Susan- I thought Bevin looked like some 1980s time warp, lol! But "prison outfit" sounds better, doesn't it? Lol. I didn't see the last episode, but the rose ceremony where she was dumped sounded pretty brutal. Glad the visit with the teacher went well. Life is always good when our kids like their teachers.

Cristina - Thanks so much for reading my blog - that means alot to me! That one on the "Feminine Mistake" really fried me as you could tell. There seems to be a couple of authors in the news now who have nothing better to do than to be critical of educated SAHMS - like we aren't contributing to society or something - that cracks me up. I think they just want to make some money by stirring up the Mommy Wars again.

Sassy - Happy BD to your mom! Did you have a nice time?

Jules - You are too young to be a grandma - do you hear me? JK - I mean congratulations.. I know we have to let these kids live their lives....it's hard not to get excited about a new baby. How's everything else treating you - Are you and hubby getting out on the bikes?

Michelle - I meant to say earlier that I like your new avatar - you and your DD are gorgeous!

My dad was over for a visit earlier and we had a nice time. I hardly ever get to see him as he lives 5-6 hours away. He was in town to take his wife to the airport. We talked computer geek stuff and he enjoyed a chat with DD. I'll get to see him again when he comes back to pick up the wife when she returns. Then I took DD swimming and ate too much lunch. Think I'll take a shower, then eat a salad for dinner. I have a caesar with some chicken and I'll just put a little dressing on it. Sounds delish to me right now.

Hope you are all having a great day

Sassy_Chick
05-25-2007, 01:53 AM
Hey Cristina! :wave: TY. Yes I think my mom had a great BD. On her Bday (Wed) we took her to the International Market we have here and grilled out. Today we went to the Zoo.

My Avatar pic I just went to Google Images and typed in weightloss, exercise or healthy or something like that and got some pics. Maybe try that, that is how I got mine. ;)

Yeah those Tornado sirens do drive you insane, esp when they go off and there is no Tornado! Our "BIG" plans for the Memorial Day Weekend? Is working! We were lucky to get off Thurs & Fri night, there was no way we were getting Sat & Sun, who wants to work that? Nobody! lol. So we work the weekend, only two days, then we are off for 3 again! So not too bad! ;)

Hey Katy, yes we had a good time, I think we wore my mom out! lol. But she had fun. I hope you enjoyed your visit w/ your dad. I know what its like to have your family out of town/state and its tough when they have to go back home.

Okay, well we did go to the Zoo after all and we walked the whole entire thing and let me add that it was mostly all up hill, but I made it. Yes I had to sit a few times, but I think I did an awesome job, if I do say so myself. I found that the best way to tackle a hill is to just pump my arms and kick it into high gear, it doesn't hurt my back as badly then. I was leaving my DH & Mother in the dust! ;) It was fun, it did get a tad bit hot and we did sweat, but afterwards I felt good, ya know, because I actually did it and yes sometimes it was hard, but I pushed through it and no I didn't die! :carrot: lol.

The Zoo was fun, it was fun seeing all the animals, etc. Only bad things was the kids that people let run wild, I know kids get excited and all, but these kids were just plain rude, running in front of us about plowing us over, etc. And the 2nd thing was they wanted $2.75 for a 20 oz. bottle of water!!!!!!!! :yikes: So needless to say we were very thirsty afterwards, so DH stopped at a gas station afterwards and got me a BIG water! I have been drinking water ever since too! ;)

Well anyways that was my day. We are taking my mom back in the morning so we can get back home and get back on our sleeping cycle and get ready to go back to work Saturday Night.

Have a Great One Everybody!

Hi to Everybody out there! :wave: I hope you have a Great Memorial Day Weekend! :hat:

jules1216
05-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Sassy--no big plans for the weekend, DD and her boyfriend got a nice one bedroom so it moving her stuff AGAIN!!. Her name is on the lease so she is staying at least a year. They figure the baby isn't due unitl Dec 28 so when the lease is up the baby will only be 5 months old and if they still love the apartment they will stay a second year. It's near downtown Hagerstown on the side of town near a huge park and it was the "place" to live st one time so there are all these huge victorian houses which have been converted to apartments. The rooms are huge with the really high windows that let in a lot of light which is good except when you are trying to sleep according to my dd. The first night they signed the lease (Wednesday) Dave went and got the bed and some of his stuff and her dog and they slept there. They went to a petting zoo last weekend with his 3 year old daughter Lily. They really like it--Teri wants a camel for Christmas.

Katy--I am too young to be a grandma!! I will turn 42 just in time for the baby's appearance--I guess this is what happens when you have your own kids young!! I had both of mine by the time I was 21. I am excited about the baby. DD is getting a little less hormaonal though she does still have her moments. SHe and Dave are getting along better and I think having there own place will help alot. SHe did warn him that she is obsessive complusive about things being in their place and keeping everything clean.

Cristina--Teri is getting a little better with the "*****y" mood and now she has moved on to the nauseousness(sp???). SHe can't eat some of her favorite foods no matter how much she craves them. She is due on December 28 by their estimation but she goes for a sonogram in a few weeks that will be more accurate.

SuzyQ--two of the ladies at work were talking abouth both the Bachelor and the Dancing with the Stars this week. I am sure M will find some time to spend with you over the long weekend!! DH quit caffien and has been less jittery too.

Michelle--sorry you got your feelings hurt!! sometimes when things are typed they can be read in a different tone than if they were said so maybe it wasn't meant to hurt your feeling. Hugs to you!! Yeah about your daughter!! DD switched from Nursing to Accounting. DH and her ex are the ones that wanted her to do it. She always wanted to do accounting and business management and have her own business.

Well off to start moving. Teri and I don't have to move the big stuff ourselves this time!! Dave doesn't even want her moving anything but she says the boxes are light that are in storage because she knew that it might be just us when we moved them there. We are going to move alot of the boxes and stuff today and go to the grocery store for some odds and ends..

Mom2Gaby
05-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Good Morning Everyone!

Friday - thank goodness and a 3 day weekend to boot! I took Gab to see Shrek last night but she wouldn't go in. I bought the tickets and she said "lets get some popcorn and go" she was scared of the green monster - even though I told her he was nice. No go. So we went to Toys R Us and she picked out some horses.

I went to bed at 7:30. I really need to go get my blood drawn again. Tired. I had veggies and some chicken tenderloin for dinner.

Take it easy Jules with the moving!Sassy, love the zoo too but ya, the prices are sky high. Did it not look like a prison outfit Katy???? Looked also like she forgot the pants:o ...and the way Andy kept touching her knee. Sheesh. .....
Who knows about M Cristina. See if he calls and wants to do something. I really am going to take off though. I am not going to sit around with Momo, the kitty and my mother. Though I love Momo - he is so cute.

k- bailing!! chat later

FrouFrou
05-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Okay, thought I had some time to post but time has gotten away from me. Left the computer on while I went to do some things, lol. Took longer than I thought so will be back tomorrow morning to post.

Have a great weekend ladies!

RosieKate
05-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Hi all
Susan - yep -prison outfit is a good description- Andy struck me as being a bit creepy - how nice to have a back-up, I felt bad for her

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I am going to a DeMarle party this evening and will buy some kitchen stuff. I had a plan this time - I went online and looked at their catalog and made decisions BEFORE going to the party. So I'll go and socialize, then STICK TO THE LIST. Right!

Ciao!

Sassy_Chick
05-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

Jules -- Be careful moving, esp in this HEAT! Glad your DD and her BF found a nice place.

Susan -- Ya the Zoo's prices are pretty high, but then again so is every place like that you go too.

Hi Cristina, Hi Katy! :wave:

Hi to everybody else out there! :wave:

Well so much for getting up early today. :p We didn't get up until 11:30! :yikes: Aw well, we got my mom home and are home now and can relax tonight and try to get back on our sleep cycle since we work Sat & Sun.

Well we took about a two hour nap so hopefully we can stay up tonight and get back on schedule...........

Have a Great Weekend!

FrouFrou
05-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Hiya ladies! :wave:

Nothing on the telly so thought I would pay you all a visit. :D Actually, my favorite movie (Sleepless in Seattle) is on but I have seen it at least 100 times so I won't miss much, lol. Came downstairs to look for games, DD and I were going to play and couldn't find them so jumped on the 'puter instead, lol.

V is home tomorrow and forgot that we will be working outdoors most of the day, unless it rains of course. Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't. :crossed: Will probably be too pooped to get on the computer then so here I am :lol:

SASSY...I LOVE the zoo! Any zoo, and every zoo, lol. Hey, sounds like you got in lots of exercise with the walking and hills! I hear ya about the price of water. Just about everything at the zoo, or anywhere else, costs an arm and a leg. Happy to hear you guys enjoyed yourselves.

JULES...how does Teri feel/like being pregnant? She sounds like me when I was pregnant with DD...I couldn't eat. The doc asked if I was on a diet because I was losing weight. It will pass of course soon. Hey, maybe she will have the baby early and it will be a Christmas baby...a wonderful Christmas gift eh? Be careful moving, especially her.

KATY...I love your blog! You should write a book, seriously. I am happy that you got to visit with your dad. Hey, I had a chicken salad for dinner, lol. Just a garden salad though. I think I could eat salad and watermelon everyday in the summer time. Maybe throw in a chicken breast once in a while.

SUSAN...aw, sweet little Gaby, so cute! Maybe when Shrek comes out on t.v. or DVD she will watch it. I don't blame you for not wanting to sit around waiting...I hate waiting. But, I do hope M calls and you guys can do something this long weekend.

MICHELLE...you know, I think people who are rude to others just are unhappy with their life that they feel they need to make others lives miserable. Hope all is well with you.

Hiya SusanNYC! :wave: Hoping all is well with you as well.

Well, ladies...guess I will be going for now. Since I am on tonight I won't be on tomorrow, I don't think. Who knows :dunno: I never know what I am doing half the time, lol.

Whatever you do...I hope everyone has a very nice Memorial weekend!

jules1216
05-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Cristina--I do hope the sick feeling does pass quickly and I think she is losing some weight but not much. She is concerned about gaining alot of weight. She is just really tired all the time. She did quit smoking right away and is trying to have bf cut back and definitely not smoke around her or in the apartment, though she already found ashes in the bathroom after she came home from work. She wants the baby to be born on my bday (12/16) or my moms (12/21) or be a New Years Eve baby. Her cousin Trish that just had the baby has a bday on Christmas Eve and she hates it. She says you get shorted on presents and half the time your bday gifts are wrapped in Christmas paper.

Sassy--we didn't get as much moved yesterday as we wanted but we cleaned and all the kitchen stuff is washed and put away. The bf is not a very motivated person and Teri and I cannot do it all ourselves this time with her being pregnant. Hopefully he will get moving today. I think she will keep on him until he does.

SuzyQ--I don't know if I am going to help today or not. I love dd but as much as I am trying to like the BF I am having a hard time. He is really immature and spoiled. I don't know how dd gets stuck with guys that she has to be the man in the relationship and do everything, and practically support them. This one is no different. Her good paying job will be ending soon and she will have to get something else before she gets too far along in the pregnancy.

Katy--Hope you had fun. I forgot to mention how beautiful both you and the sweater are!! WTG on reaching your first 10 pound loss!!

Hi to Susan NYC and Michelle--hope all is well with you both!!

Mom2Gaby
05-26-2007, 02:04 PM
How come my ticker is the only one messed up??:bb: :bb: just not fair!!:stress: I think it is because they are moving the server.

anyway - I am going to go get my hair done. Either touch up the red streaks or go back to my natural brown. Not sure and take some length off too. Rach wanted hers done for $60 and I said no she needed to wait til payday. I feel nervous getting mine done because she will have a cow. But hey....kids can wait.....might do her good.

Gaby's dad came and got her last night - she fell asleep in the car going home with me. She is a trooper though. I told him I tried to take her to see Shrek and she was too scared to go in and he said ya he had tried too to take her to a movie and she didn't want to go.

So, after they left I went to Value Village and picked up a few shirts for her and a t shirt for me. Went to Freddies and picked up a mag and some Tide and....what else??? oh some turkey for my salad...went home and read and went to sleep.

No M call and I wasn't going to call him.........besides I don't have his number. Screw him. Seriously. Just stomp his guts out and kick his eye balls against the wall.....and stomp on his head til his brain gushes out............lol.......ok - sorry. I was doing my Bevin impression.

Wasn't she rather poised for being dumped Katy???? I think she was there as a back up Andy was just waiting for Tessa to warm up she was the only one that he went after. The other girls were chasing him.

Men like the chase. Simple Critters they are. ......what do I know?? Like I am an expert on men - lol

btw - Katy - Andy has 4 false teeth maybe that is why he is so creepy looking???? lol I think he kind of has a lisp....

k- hope our tickers are back up and working by Monday!!!:tantrum: I plan on a weight loss and want to be able to move my ticker!!:censored: lol

tata.......you all behave!!!!

FrouFrou
05-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Hello...

SUSAN...sorry M hasn't called, maybe he will before the weekend is over. Hey, everyone deserves to be pampered. I need to get my hair done too, just not sure when I will. My ticker is not up either... I don't see anyones.

JULES...my niece Stefani was born on 12/24 too and doesn't like it either. I guess it depends on the parents. I would do it up for my kid if they were born then but my brother and sis-in-law never did. Either that or choose a day closer to the first of the month maybe.

Anywho...just dropping by with a quick fly by to say HI :wave: We were in the back working and the raian started. :( Never going to get anythng done at this rate, lol.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

jules1216
05-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Cristina--Teri says she will make a big deal about the babies bday since chances are it will be close to Christmas. It rained a little here but after the sheets and blankets were line dried.

SuzyQ-can Rach's Dad pay for her hair or even part of it?? DD started at Subway when she was 15 1/2 cause I couldn't buy her everything she wanted at the exact moment she wanted it. I say get your hair done and enjoy she can be next--schools out so she could splurge on a great cut and color before it starts again--most of the time in summer they just pull their hair up anyways. I dye both mine and dd's using hair color bought at Walmart. DD had gone much lighter than her natural black--back in January she wanted to go back to the black so we did it and since then the new growth matches and it doesn't need to be done.

Well everything but one box which I forgot at my house is at dd's new place. We finished moving the rest of her stuff from the old apt she shared yesterday and then I helped her get everything put away. She only has the pictures to put on the walls and her bf is bringing some more of his stuff. It is so cute how they set it up. They have to do some laundry today--I brought some of it home with me--extra blankets and stuff which I will wash and hang on the line. His parents are coming over today so I mopped all the floors for dd. Both of us were sore from all the up and down trips on the stairs.
Hubby is jealous that I have been spending so much time helping dd I need to stay home and do nothing since I have already did all our laundry and cleaned the house. I guess I will mow the grass while he spends the day in the garage!!

Hi Katy, Sassy, SusanNYC & Michelle--hope your having a fun weekend!!

FrouFrou
05-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Hello ladies...

Today is Monday...WI day! I am happy to say I am down 2 pounds! Woohoo! Was hoping for at least 3 but I will take the 2, lol!

JULES...glad you guys got DD all moved in. Now she can relax and focus on the baby. I am excited for her, and you . I would love to be a grandma! My sister was a grandma at the ripe old age of 35, talk about being too young! You know, V gets a little jealous at times when I spend so much time with the kids. But he knew from the beginning my kids would always come first. It's not like I never spend time with him though. He would just like to spend more time alone together. I told him there would be lots of time for that soon. I'm glad though that he doesn't ***** about it, of course even if he did it wouldn't matter, lol. He knows I love him so...hope you enjoy your day off. Or, do you have the day off? Guess I just think most people do. DS is working but V is off.

We went to Lowes to get a few things. What we had planned for the weekend didn't happen. It has rained so much it is a muddy mess so no yard work. The only thing we did get done was putting in the 4 posts for ther pergola (patio cover). Anyway...

Hope EVERYONE is having a wonderful day!

Sassy_Chick
05-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi Ladies! :wave:

Jules -- Glad that DD is all moved in and now can relax and focus on baby. I have laundry to do too. Always fun.....:p

Cristina -- WTG on the weightloss! :woohoo: That is awesome!

Well I am just glad to be home and not working or going anywhere. lol. Work was very very boring Sat & Sun when we worked, dunno why we had to work as we were dead, the one guy could have handled it all by himself, but aw well, we didn't have use up anymore of our time and got paid time and a half plus holiday pay too.

This new medicine that my dr has me on for my diabetes is really working! I am thinking he may have to up it to twice a day but its working and I feel great! :carrot: Only downfall is one of the side effects is Rapid Weight gain, so not sure about that one. Guess I will have to ask him when I see him.

I hope you all had an awesome Holiday! ;)

Mom2Gaby
05-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Good Morning!

:cheer2: :bravo: Wonderful on the 2 pounds Cristina!

It is a beautiful morning here in Portland,kind of windy though. I WI yesterday and was down 1 pound. I will take it! In the middle of TOM so think I will weigh again on the 31st. because that will be a month since I started. 11 pounds in 1 month is good enough - though 12 pounds would be better - lol

Jules - I didn't get my hair done. The beauty shop lady canceled - which bummed me out.I would have gone to someone else but it is hard to try someone new. So, I will wait.

I spent most of the weekend with the girls. I FINALLY took Gaby to get her pictures taken yesterday. I lost my keys in the ladies bathroom at JCPen. Rach and I had taken Gab in there to dress and I laid them down. They showed up in the lost and found an hour later!

No word from M. How odd. I don't appreciate the silent treatment. We had talked Wednesday night and he said he loved me when we hanged up. I called Saturday night and left a message and no call back. It is just really immature of him....and no I don't think he is in the hospital on deaths bed. I am sure he is fine and dandy. My mom said not to call him again - let him make the move. Argh.........I am just going to work. I don't consider us together anymore so I guess it doesn't matter if he calls or not. Though some sort of closure would be nice.

k- thanks for listening Dear Abby...........haha. GOOD NEWS is I didn't use food to soothe myself this weekend!!

chat later and I hope you all are having a good Tuesday!!

FrouFrou
05-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Howdy ladies :wave:

SUSAN...:carrot: :woohoo: to you NOT using food! I am proud of you! I know how hard it is to not use food so that in itself is a GREAT accomplishment! :bravo: And...WTG on the pound! :carrot: :carrot: and yes, 11 pounds in one month is a great loss...you are doing an awesome job! Keep it up missy! Sorry you didn't get to be pampered and get your hair done. I almost chopped mine off, rather had it chopped off. V went to get his cut yesterday after a trip to Lowes and while I was sitting there almost told the lady to cut mine as well. I didn't though. I want to go short but at the same time the wind here is horrible at times and it is easier to just pull it up. Glad you found your keys! That would have sucked for sure if you hadn't found them. Well, all I can say about M is you snooze, you lose. If he doesn't realize what a good thing he has with you then he doesn't deserve you. But...(always a but in there isn't there, lol) I bet he was just busy and not ignoring you. Although, not sure why he wouldn't return your call espeically since he said he loves you. For some reason, I just don't see him walking away from you, just my 2 cents. :hug:

SASSY...I am happy to hear that the meds are working for you and you are feeling better. I can tell from your posts that you are chipper! :D I was just talking about a friend taking some meds and one of the side effects being weight gain. Wouldn't you think that knowing this they have something that would counteract that? There's got to be something :crossed: Hey, at least you got paid good for hardly working, lol! Can't beat that!

HIYA JULES, MICHELLE, KATY, SUE & SusanNYC! :wave:

Nothing much going on here today. I wish it would quit raining! The stupid weather guy said that there was a chance of sunshine today and in the same sentence said it would be raining, severe at times, lol. Love that now they are saying there's a chance of sunshine instead of a chance of rain. :lol: Anyway...had some errands to run this morning early, cleaning house and walking on the treadmill. I feel so energized I have to get it out! So going to do 2 miles as soon as I get of the 'puter. That's about all I have for now.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
05-29-2007, 02:55 PM
hmmm, I don't know Cristina - maybe M is just use to ladies cheating on him and misbehaving. Personally it might be because he knows I think he works too much - maybe that annoyed him? I don't know but the silent treatment is mean. At least be mature enough to let me know wassup? Pooh on him.

I had a lime icee and gala apple for snack and going to have my salad now. I looked in full length mirrors at the mall over the weekend and I think I I am looking pretty good! If I do say so myself. My butt isn't sticking out as much as it use to be.......lol

It is beautiful here Cristina! Would love to take a stroll - maybe I will :)

cheers!

Sassy_Chick
05-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Howdy Girls.

I hope your all having a great evening. Its really hot today. It was 91 before when I went to the grocery, now its "down" to 85...........phew........

I THOUGHT we were supposed to get some rain???

Anyways I rescheduled my catscan its in the morning at 5 a.m. Perfect for me as we usually are getting off of work at 4:30 a.m. so we don't usually go to bed until about 6:30 or 7 a.m. so I can go to bed after I'm done with that and I won't have to wait because I'm the first appt!!!!!! :carrot:

Have a Good One!

RosieKate
05-30-2007, 08:18 AM
HI all

i am up waaay too early...I'm going to the pool soon, but thought I'd drop by to say Good Morning

Sassy - hope the catscan goes well for you....sending good thoughts your way this a.m.

Susan- Yay for the loss! You've had a good month - keep up the great work...

Howdy Cristina and Jules and anyone else checking in today.

After I exercise, there really isn't much else on tap for today. I need to get a carload to Goodwill, and maybe do some laundry. It is supposed to be another hot day here, so I suppose I'll hang out w/ my DD in the backyard while she splashes around in the kiddie pool. What a life. Have a good one, gals!

Mom2Gaby
05-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Good Morning -

I did get an email from M. He gave me a run down on his activities for the week, mostly work,work and more work. No explaination why he didn't call. So, I gather I accept the way it is going to be , because he isn't going to change ,or part ways. He said he loved me. One of my guy friends says I need to lighten up, let M come to me. blah - blah..........

I think R spoiled me. He called every day and we talked for hours. He was an ocean away but I always knew he loved me, he was always happy to hear from me. He always let me be right in arguements - lol .

anyway - going to just carry on and put it on the back burner.

Woke up late and dashed out the door with just a slimfast,. I picked up a raisin roll and ice coffee at Starbucks. Squeezed into those jeans I tried a few days ago......zipped theem up -tight - but I got them on!

anyway - tons to do.

Going to look at an apt tonight katy - might put me in a different school - we'll see - be great if it could be the same school for the girls.

chat later!

Mom2Gaby
05-30-2007, 01:19 PM
oops , never mind. Double clicked and got 2 copies!

Sassy_Chick
05-30-2007, 07:38 PM
HI all

i am up waaay too early...I'm going to the pool soon, but thought I'd drop by to say Good Morning

Sassy - hope the catscan goes well for you....sending good thoughts your way this a.m.

Susan- Yay for the loss! You've had a good month - keep up the great work...

Howdy Cristina and Jules and anyone else checking in today.

After I exercise, there really isn't much else on tap for today. I need to get a carload to Goodwill, and maybe do some laundry. It is supposed to be another hot day here, so I suppose I'll hang out w/ my DD in the backyard while she splashes around in the kiddie pool. What a life. Have a good one, gals!

TY Katy, unfortunately when I got to reading my instructions for my Catscan I realized I couldn't go, as I have to stop my diabetic medication for 48 hrs before the Catscan, I guess the dye reacts to it, a bad reaction so not taking any risks and rescheduling, again. :rolleyes: I'll get it done eventually, honest! lol.

Nothing much going on here either, I'm doing laundry too. Tomorrow night is back to work..............yippee. lol. I'm spoiled from being off and I only had a 2 night week last week...............lol

Have a Great Evening All!

suetalks
05-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Just wanted to stop in and say "hi." :wave:

Not doing so well on eating, but still riding the bike when I can. Hopefully I will do better....
Be good all.

Mom2Gaby
05-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Good Morning!

Hi Sue :) What are you eating that is bad? We want all the details and list the evil foods one by one :devil: - anything with frosting on it please list first. lol

OMG- I LOVE frosting!! yum, yum

It is another beautiful day here in the metro area. Fatal car accident this morning. Came to work via another route. Sad.....about the person though.

Gab and I went to bed at 8pm. Still warm in the bedroom and she tossed and turned and played with her beanie babies until I heard her snoring. She is going to the pool today with grandma.

Put an application in at an apt. Cross fingers! I like the location because it is right across the street from a coffee shop and I think it is kind of cute....apt is nothing special. Just a place to dwell - lol

Ate an banana and slimfast this morning. Weighed at the end of the month - still TOM and scale still showed an 11 pounds loss for the month. So, yay. My mom says she can notice the difference - so can I. I feel better.

k- starting on water!!

you all have a good day!

FrouFrou
05-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Hello ladies...

Busy day yesterday. Was on the computer long enough to sign in and then realized the time, lol. Busy day today too!

DD and I went to see The Waitress yesterday afternoon. It was good, and funny. It was kind of sad at the the same time. The one girl, Adrienne Shelley who wrote the movie a while back and was trying to sell was killed not too long ago. So sad. She finally gets her movie sold and some dummy kills her. Her little girl was in the movie as well. It's not a movie for everyone but we liked it.

Did the Wally World thing this morning. So tired. Woke up at 2:30 and could not go back to sleep, ugh. I hate when that happens because then I am a grouch the rest of the day.

Didn't get a walk in today but there is still time. Did get in a 3 mile walk yesterday and a little over 2.5 the day before. Was on a roll for sure. Need to tally up my miles for the month and see how much I did. I know I didn't make my 50 mile goal because of the week my back was out but I think I did okay.

SUSAN...I think I agree with the co-worker...just let M come to you. I know it's easier said than done. Maybe he's not a phone person, lol. :dunno: I say that because I am not. Hey, 11 pounds is GREAT for a month! :bravo: Your mention of frosting made me think of me and chocolate lately. I am not sure why I am craving it. Made some brownies last night and ate 3, :yikes: I was hoping they would be gone this morning and not by me, lol. I'm thinking that, that fixed me for a while, lol. Hey, keeping my fingers crossed you get the apartment. :crossed: :crossed:

SASSY...well, I hope you get it soon and they find out what is wrong so you can do something about it.

KATY...ah, what a life! We have a community pool but I am afraid too many people will visit during the summer months. But...I am wanting to go to the pool soooo bad for some reason. Need to find a suit first.

HI SUE, MICHELLE, JULES & SusanNYC! :wave:

Today is finally a nice, sunny day! :sunny: Of course we are supposed to get storms later this evening and tomorrow. Anyway...hope everyone is having a great day! TaTa for now :wave:

Mom2Gaby
05-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Hi Cristina ,
M did write me an email this morning and ended with a bunch of oxoxoxoxoxoxo's. Of course my heading to him was Sexual Thoughts. I knew (or at least was hoping!) that would get his attention. He sounds busy with 4 new employees to train, teaching classes and having to travel, his boss out of town and preparing for his weekend class - plus all his reports that he has to do. He says he has never been so tired and he said he missed me. awww, really has made my day. Just really want to jump him....lol :o

I have wanted to see The Waitress, maybe this weekend. Awesome on your walking Cristina!!!!:cheer2: :cheer:

going to an afternoon meeting!! chat later

Sassy_Chick
05-31-2007, 04:15 PM
SASSY...well, I hope you get it soon and they find out what is wrong so you can do something about it.

I will. I just had some other things on my mind right now so it was not my top priority.

Anyways, take care all.

FrouFrou
05-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Awww, Susan...M is a sweetie! And get your mind out of the gutter, lol! :P Hey, it's okay to be there, you're in love. :love: I can understand M being so busy...sounds like he has a stressful job, or at least one that keeps him away from you. :( But he has to work and it seems when one works so much something always has to suffer doesn't it? 1st DH used to work A LOT and V does too! Unlike 1st V doesn know when to take a break. DH#1...discovered too late how life passed him by and he missed out on so much. His only regret in life. He tried to make up for it though and that was sweet. I knew he loved me and the kids, just work kept him away so much. Have a good meeting! :hug:

SASSY...cool! I just worry about you missy. I know how you have been having a hard time and just want you to feel good! :D

Okay, ladies...going to go check another thread before signing off. Until tomorrow...

suetalks
05-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Susan...Haha..I doubt I could list ALL the bad things I have eaten lately. But, no, nothing with frosting. Good luck on the apt.

Cristina- Ohh, I hate waking up so early, or middle of the night. Makes for a real grouchy day. I would like to see that movie. Mom and I watched Because I Said So last night. Funny!

Sassy- Hi girlie...hope you get your catscan soon. Hope work isn't TOO bad.

RosieKate- Hope the pool was fun. I am enjoying reading your blog.

I start the day saying "I am going to be sooo good today." Then I eat cereal with skim milk. Drink my black de-caf and feel so smug. Lunch comes around and I start down that slippery slope....it goes downhill for the rest of the day. Snacks: chips or sweets...that does me in.
Yesterday and today were actually pretty good foodwise....just hope I can keep it up. I rode 3 miles on the bike this morning before it got too hot. Plan to do the same or more tomorrow.
We planted 3 trees today..actually went to the woods and dug them up also. Whew! Very hot and sweaty job, but a sense of accomplishment when they were planted. (Now, I will cry if they die) The yardwork is almost finished for this year. Well, I told DH I wouldn't buy any more plants, so I guess it better be finished. (I couldn't help it if someone GAVE me plants Monday.) And she offered me several more today...I said I would be back. LOL

SusanNYC, Michelle, Jules...where are you all?? Hi if you are reading.

jules1216
06-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Sue--I am doing bad myself--too much stress I am either overeating, undereating or eating all the wrong stuff.
Cristina--DD wants to see Knocked Up, She says it's the story of her and Dave except Deve was more than a one night stand. They are on shaky ground. They are trying to make it work because she's pregnant but I truly don't think they would stay together if she wasn't. Keep them in your prayers. I really think she is still in love with the ex husband. All these guys she is dating have some of his qualities. I sometimes wonder if she is leaving them so they don't leave her like he did. Last Friday we walked to city hall from the apt to set up the electric billing and we passed a coffee shop and a comic book store and she said to me that Marshall (the ex) would have loved them both. I stayed for my kids and now it just seems like we are leading separate lives and I want better for her than that.

Sassy--you are always taking care of everyone, make sure you take care of you!!

SuzyQ--sounds like M is a busy guy, but he seems to want to keep making time for you.....he must have figureed out how special you are.

Katy--Have dd splash you once in awhile so you don't overheat!!

SusanNYC--what is going on with you girly!!

Michelle-hope all is well with you too.

Gotta get to the grocery store--fun stuff!! Hubby's gout is acting up so he wants to eat vegetarian but still drink the beer.....

Mom2Gaby
06-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Good Morning Sassy, Jules, Katy, Michelle, Cristina , Sue, SusanNYC, and Me!!!!

It is Friday! Yay.

Thank goodness, I am so ready for the weekend! Landlord called and said I have the apt.:) Thank the Lord said my mother! Get that bum out of my house. I haven't paid rent in 10 months, I am really going to be broke now having to pay rent *&^%$# - dang. lol I was going to get my hair done tonight , now wonder if I can afford it. *sigh* - course now the positive is M can spend the nights when in town! yay,,,,,,,and Gab and I will have our own place and a school to sign her up at.
I think it will be the other grade school in the area Katy. We are right at the Hillsdale bridge, right behind that one coffee shop.
Too many clues?? You all come and stalk me I don't care. lol

ate some horse pellets this morning - suppose to be this high in fiber cereal but reminded me of horse pellets..also a peach and an apple. Out of slimfast.

k- better get to work. Can't afford to get fired now...........lol ...... hey I have been trying for a year.......darn.......just not into this office scene,,,,ick. I would rather be doing brain surgery......:dizzy:

Sassy_Chick
06-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Hey all,

I wanna say thanks for all the kind words and support. Appreciate that. ;)

I had a night from you know where. Won't bother ya with the details but lets just say it ended very very badly.

Have a Good One!

FrouFrou
06-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Hello ladies, and a Happy Saturday to all! :D

Nuttin much going on. Was up bright and early this morning so I could get things done. Now everything is done and I am bored, lol! Doing a load of laundry now. I'll find something to do today...walking sounds good I guess, lol. Haven't walked the last two days because I have been busy. I know...no excuse. Should make time for it. But I figure if I get at least 3-4 days a week I am good. I aim for more but it doesn't always happen. Just depends on what is going on with the day and how tired I am. Anywho...

SUSAN...:congrat: on the apt! And I know your mom didn't say that, lol. She will probably miss not having you guys there when you move out. Behind a coffee shop, eh? Wish I could drink coffee...it smells soooo good!

SUE...funny about the plants, lol. We still have a ways to go and one day will get things done, if it ever dries up. We've got more trees to plant but may wait until the fall. We planted two maples that have gone into shock for some reason. The leaves are turning like it's fall. Hoping they don't die. Bet your house is very nice!

SASSY...sorry about the bad night. :hug: Hope it gets better.

JULES...who knows, maybe this guy will end up being a good dad. A baby changes things so...:crossed: I totally understand where she (Teri) is coming from. I totally did the same thing when I started dating after DH#1. I figured they would die on me so what was the point. I swear, I never made it past 3 or 4 dates. And when I did I started making excuses and reasoning with myself. And what's weird...I think it's still in the back of my head that just after 12 years with V he is going to die, ugh. Really need to quit thinking that way. Lots of hugs to Teri and you! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hiya MICHELLE, KATY & SusanNYC! :wave:

Not sure what I will do today. Spend some more time on the 'puter and wait for the well guy to come. Haven't heard one way or the other if they are still coming or not. Last I heard they would be here today...we'll see.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!

FrouFrou
06-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Come out, come out wherever you are, lol!

Guess everyone has a life, lol, except me, lol.

Did I mention V is working 7 days a week now? Yeppers, it's that time of year already. The company realizes that the number of planes they had planned on getting done so far hasn't happened, lol. I laugh because they go thru this every year. Have a set number of planes they plan on building for the year and mid-year they haven't gotten half of them so 7-day work week starts, not to mention 10 hour days during the week. Apparently V forgot about this as well, lol. Anywho...

Was up bright and early, early anyway. The guy next door decided that no one sleeps till 7 a.m. on a Sunday so I will paint the house, lol. At least it is a pretty yellow color...I want a yellow house, waaaaa. I hate the color of this house...sort of a peachy, beige, ick. But that will have to wait a few years I am afraid. Did some laundry, went to the park to get in a walk, straightened up the house, ironed and looking for more to do.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! See ya's! :wave:

Sassy_Chick
06-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi Ladies!!!!

Well I am FINALLY getting my catscan done in the morning! (5 a.m. after work) I will be GLAD to get it over with!

I hope you all have an awesome night!

Mom2Gaby
06-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Good Morning!!

Weigh In day for me:goodscale :goodscale I was confused because I am really bad at math. Couldn't figure if it was one pound or two - lol duh. I lost 2 pounds , yay. Total 13 since April 30. So I was satisfied with that.

Ate a serving of oatmeal and an apple - out of slimfast- need to pick some up tonight.

I signed papers for the apt!! Move in date is the 16th. Gaby had her preschool picnic and her father was there. It was nice for Gaby to have her parents together - also her sisters were there. It was a nice day.

Spent time with the girls shopping - found a dress for Becky for her promotion - bought a skirt for Rach. I got my hair done Friday - I am a red head -:D

Hugs to you Sassy - hope you are feeling ok.
Hi Cristina :)

Hi everyone else - have tons to do ....better get.

FrouFrou
06-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Hello ladies, and a very HAPPY MONDAY to you! :D

SUSAN...WOOHOO!!! :woohoo: WTG missy on the 2 pounds gone forever! Yep, 13 pounds since 4/30 is a great loss! I need to step it up, lol. Bet Gaby ws happy to have her family together at her picnic. A redhead eh? You know, I always wanted to go red too. I actually went to and the lady talked me out of it. You will have to share some pictures of your new do!

SASSY...thinking about you today. :hug:

I almost didn't WI today. Was feeling all blah and thinking I didn't do worth a crap this past week. Well, I am happy to say I am down one whole pound! Woohoo, hey, better than nothing so I will take every little bit I get. :)

Had lots of errands to run this morning and I am pooped! It is a hot one out there. Walked yesterday, a little over three miles and may get in a mile or two. Not sure. Will be working out in the yard later so we will see.

Hoping all is well with everyone. Have a wonderful day!

Mom2Gaby
06-04-2007, 04:16 PM
:dance: :bravo: :cheer: Congrats Cristina!

My hair is this paprika color. It is suppose to be streaked but the beauty shop lady likes to blob it on . lol

I had a salad for lunch and 2 peaches , they were so good. Going to a concert tonight. M is suppose to go but haven't heard from him. I will grab Rach and take her with me if all else fales.

k- back to the grind !!

Sassy_Chick
06-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Ok I FINALLY got my Cat Scan done early this morning after work! It was EASY. It took longer for me to drink that nasty dye stuff than the whole amount of time it took to do the Scan! lol. And this time the guy I had was NICE! (had a very bad exp last time when I had my ultra sound done so this time had it done at the hospital)

OH ya a couple thoughts here: the cat scan machine that scanned me? Was made by the co. I work for. ;) and secondly while registering, there was a man in HANDCUFFS next too me, no it wasn't a kinky sex thing gone bad, he had a sheriff with him. He was there for a blood test to see if he had any drugs in his system. (the guy was blabbing on for days) lol. If it came up positive he would get a DUI charge, if its negative then he gets a charge for going left over center. (yup like I said he was blabbing for days) lol.

That is all. Please carry on with whatever you were doing. lmao!

;)

jules1216
06-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Just a quickie before bedtime!! :o

sassy--your kinky comment makes me think mine sounds a little kinky too!! Glad you finally got your scan done, hope everything is fine!!

suzyq--mine is a lighter red than what I have been doing lately--they are out of my dark auburn so I am trying something in between black and red--not sure if I like it...Remember there was a character on Blues Clues named Paprika?? DD was always joked if she had a dd she would name her Paprika--we were just joking about it. The actual baby names that are picked out right now are Dominic David for a boy (after Dave's grandfather) and for a girl Danielle Lindsey--this could change in the next 6 months we have to go

cristina--tell V you need some time with him too!! I bet he is exhausted,your body can only take that 7 day a week schedule for so long before it says stop!! Dave is a good dad and a nice guy. BTW we had fun with Lily at the carnival!! He just needs to really get over the jealousy thing. DD did say that at least he stayed and is trying. They have their moments but are doing better. they invited DS and his gf to come over and eat and watch a movie tomorrow night, Dave is making manicotti--DD says he is a good cook. DS & gf are doing better--ds was just going through a stupid man stage but it looks like they survived. What's really great is dd & ds's gf really like each other and DS and dd's bf really get along. I am hoping if the four of them start doing the dinner and movie night together once a week it will help both relationships grow stronger.

Katy, SusanNYC, Sue & Michelle--have a great nite!!

suetalks
06-04-2007, 11:07 PM
HI ladies...Hope you all have a good Tuesday..and stay cool. We are getting more rain...that's a good thing. (for now)
I lost the pound I gained last week...so it's not all bad. But dang I wish I could go the right direction every week.

Susan- I had always been a redhead..but once I let all the color grow out I was no longer very red, just gray. SO now I am debating coloring it again. I am afraid the color will grab the red again and be too much at my age. Ugh. I actually use a golden brown and it turns reddish. Sooo, just a question of which color to use on this gray.

Congrats Susan and Cristina....yay for pounds away!!

Jules- That is so neat that your DD and DS get along so well and their "other halves" also get along. Would be nice if they stay close. I was close with my brother until he moved away. Now that he has passed away I wish I had tried harder to be close the last 10 years.

Sassy- Hope for quick results from the scan. Laughing re: your handcuff remark. Made me remember that when my DD was at home his friend gave him a set of handcuffs for a BD gift...just plastic joke ones. I walked in as they were laughing about what to do with them...was my face red. (TMI from your "baby." LOL)

Still riding the bike, but trying to baby my knee a little...it hurts and I don't know why. I rode 2 miles and walked 1 today.

Sassy_Chick
06-05-2007, 03:22 AM
Just a quickie before bedtime!! :o

sassy--your kinky comment makes me think mine sounds a little kinky too!! Glad you finally got your scan done, hope everything is fine!!

Jules -- LMAO! Yeah now after reading what I said your does seem a bit kinky too! lol. Yeah I am SO glad its over with! Oh and I forgot to mention too, now they are charging a $100 DEPOSIT for Cat Scans! :yikes: Remember when I got my ultrasound and they charged me a $30 deposit? The lady says its a new policy of the hospitals/clinics now because so many of the insurance co.'s will not pay 100%. Just another way to make people wait on getting checked out when they should because they don't have the money or just don't want to spend that kind of money on a DEPOSIT that you probably won't get back! If this catscan does not show anything, I will NOT have a MRI done! What is the deposit for that? $500????!!! Ridiculous! Sorry Jules didn't mean to go off like that. But when you mentioned my cat scan it reminded me! So if your getting any kind of test done like that, ASK when you are scheduling it if they require a "DEPOSIT".

HI ladies...Hope you all have a good Tuesday..and stay cool. We are getting more rain...that's a good thing. (for now)
I lost the pound I gained last week...so it's not all bad. But dang I wish I could go the right direction every week.

Sassy- Hope for quick results from the scan. Laughing re: your handcuff remark. Made me remember that when my DD was at home his friend gave him a set of handcuffs for a BD gift...just plastic joke ones. I walked in as they were laughing about what to do with them...was my face red. (TMI from your "baby." LOL)

Still riding the bike, but trying to baby my knee a little...it hurts and I don't know why. I rode 2 miles and walked 1 today.

Hi Sue. :) Glad you lost that pound. Losing is wonderful no matter the #! :D We got some rain and some thunder but nothing that amounted to a hill of beans! lol. But it is cooler, which is nice. ;) LMAO. Its not everyday you are at the hospital and look over to see someone next to you in handcuffs! lol. (at least not for me! lol) I was waiting to see the camera man and then you all would see me on COPS! lmaooooooo. WOO-HOO Lady! You go! :carrot: Riding 2 miles and walking 1! Wow! That is awesome! :cheer:

Hi to everybody else out there! I hope you are all well! ;)

Mom2Gaby
06-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Good Morning!
Misty rain here. I had a slimfast and oatmeal for breakfast. I put my capris on that I haven't worn in a week and they are baggy! Made me feel thin - haha....I have a ways to go for that but it did boost my morale.

Glad your catscan went well Sassy!! Hi to Sue and Jules my fellow red heads! Becky has some pretty red hair - from our Irish side I would guess. My natural brown is underneath - she only dyed the top. I guess that is her idea of how to streak it - lol

Broke up with M. He doesn't know it yet but he shouldn't be surprised.We were suppose to go to a concert last night. I bought the tickets and reminded him last Thursday. I finally called him at 4pm and asked if he was going to make it up. He goes "ohhhhhhh, I have a 5pm interview for a new instructor. We have lost 5 in the last week"......cute - when was he going to tell me?? So, $52 dollars down the drain. Adios - he is a :censored: . I deserve better.

So, I went home and did some errands and read and actually enjoyed myself. The ex had Gaby for the night. It was nice!!

k- better get to work! Chow!

Mom2Gaby
06-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Wow, where is everyone???? :mag: Don't tell me you have a life or some dang thing like that!! lol
Fine.
I just had to tell someone that I drank 33oz's so far and it is only 10:30 in the am. Thrilled w/ that.
Feeling tired. Need to go in and get my blood drawn again for anemia.

k- adios!

FrouFrou
06-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...I'm here! :D And no, I don't have a life, lol! Unless of course working around the house and running errands is a life, lol. That darn M! What is wrong with that man? Sorry he didn't make the concert with you and that is a sorry excuse! :hug: :hug: And yes you do deserve better. WTG on the water drinking.

JULES...that's good that they all get along. And I am glad to hear DS & GF are better. I was worried they would break up. Love the baby names...David is a favorite of mine. Better be...that's Josh's mn, lol. Yeah, V does need a break but with the job it is mandatory. But they are supposed to get every third weekend off from it...not during the week but just the weekend. Of course the sad thing is he just comes home and works, lol. We are trying to get things done around the house so we can sit back and enjoy it. Turning out to be a pain though.

SUE...WTG on the pound! :woohoo: Ha! I bought V some red plastic handcuffs for V day once, lol. Just as a joke, lol. Hope your knee gets to feeling better soon.

SASSY...funny about the guy in handcuffs. There was one the last time we were in the ER with DS. This guy was drunk and made it known. When they took him in the back they hadncuffed him to the bed and apparently he just needed to sleep it off, lol. Glad you had the scan done. Hope they find out what is wrong now.

HIYA KATY, MICHELLE & SusanNYC! :wave:

I am getting ready to go walk my 3 miles and then plant a tree in a pot on the porch. Had the tree for a while but kept forgetting to get a pot for it. It's just a small little evergreen, nothing big. I am waiting to here from the well people. They are supposed to call when they are on their way over. I told V "Yeah, right" I'll believe it when I see it. For a week they have been saying they are coming-last Tuesday, then Friday, then Saturday for sure and now today for sure. Well, which for sure do I believe, lol. Anyway...better get going.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day! :wave:

RosieKate
06-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Dropping by for a quick "hi"..DD wants me to read her some stories and she is being a pain about it...so guess I better go read! Maybe she'll fall asleep..then I came come back and "chat" w/ individuals.

I took some gorgeous flower picks in my yard this weekend. I posted them on the Picky blog..good thing I took them when I did, the peonies are starting to droop already.

Mom2Gaby
06-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Of course we all scramble to see your flowers Katy ,,,,,,,oops, he picked one!:lucky: haha
I did read your blog, funny. Loved the feta mention. I love that stuff!! My greek salad is 130 w/ the feta on it- I swear I can eat that everyday.yum.

I also love pretzels. My mom bought some and I stood there dipping them into mustard, yum - that was my dinner last night.

Does L take naps? Gab won't.......I try all the time. She spent last night away and I talked to her today and she was asking to stay over again.

wow Cristina! Great on your walking!

If you can figure M out let me know. I give. I actually do enjoy being single. I have these rugrats to raise and 2 ex's and a mom to cope with.......and anemia....zzzzzzz:stress: :faint: and all sorts of problems.....so I am taking my toys and going to play in another play ground:rollpin: ...........hmmmmm, that sounds kind of sexual,,,,,,:o oh , ya.....I don't need sex either!! :goodluck:

So there.....lol

RosieKate
06-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Susan- no sex - now don't get too crazy now! lol.... Sorry to read about M, but you know what you need and sounds like you aren't getting it from him. I know I get crazy she-devil over not getting courtesy phone calls - just ask my DH:devil: I guess I hate to arrange my life then wait ...and wait.... ugh. You did the right thing, girlfriend

Cristina - Did you get your walk in? I got one in this morning, and I'm glad I did 'cause it's been raining off and on for most of the day.

Jules - I like the grandbaby names; and I'm glad to hear that the kids are working on things..that's a good sign isn't it....

Sassy - I'm glad the catscan went well. lmao about the handcuffs - at least it took your mind off YOUR procedure, right? Hey - did HE have to pay a deposit? inquring minds want to know....

Sue - good job on the exercise...you know my knee continues to bug me. I've been doing some water aerobics and yoga and that seems to be helping. My chiro said that swimming and biking were what I needed to be doing with a sore knee. I just didn't want to hear that I shouldn't be doing step class - the cardio is so good and get a really good sweat. If I keep hurting myself doing it, it kind of defeats the purpose, though, doesn't it.

Well, DD got her stories, but didn't want to take a nap.. She rarely naps, so I guess that really doesn't surprise me. I feel like crud, so I guess I was hoping she would snooze a little so I could, too. I'm going to make some homemade pizzas for the family then I am going to bed to read, knit, and listen to my ipod...and hopefully get a good night's sleep.

jules1216
06-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Katy--dd and bf got into a really huge fight and both said it was over and then they realized that they really want to be together. I can't keep up. I do like the names they have picked so far. DS has finally got through his acting like a stupid guy stage and seems to be realizing the one he has is pretty special too. The four of them called me to tell me the manicotti is good and they are all getting along having a fun night. Show pics of the flowers!!

SuzyQ--did you go to the concert yourself or treat one of the girls?? You better have not stayed home alone!! What concert was it??
We have already discussed our love of feta--is your mom still stealing it off your salads??

Cristina--remember the guy who came home from Iraq and is stationed in OK? He met a girl and is getting married. I hope it all works out well, I wish Teri would have gave him a little encouragement. I talk to Tony who is in Iraq via myspace. He's doing good and can't wait to come home in a few months.

Sassy--I had to get an mri on my knees when I wa in the motorcycle accident and they called and told me what my co-pay would be and made me pay it up front--it was $300.00. Let us know how everything is??

Sue--DD and DS have their moments but I have to say they are always there for each other. I am glad the four of them all like each other. I think they will enjoy hangin gout.

Well gotta go--Michelle and SusanNYC hope all is well.

suetalks
06-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Katy- I was glad to hear that your chiro said biking was what you needed to do for a sore knee. Makes me feel better about continuing instead of stopping ever time it hurts. Love the peony picture by the way. I planted two and they didn't bloom this year, but I have high hopes for next Spring.

Susan- I agree with Katy, don't get carried away now...sex might be over-rated, but..hmm, no it's not. :) Good luck on the moving. You will be too busy to worry about M and then he will come running. LOL.

Jules- Forgot to say I liked the names. But, you are right they might change before the baby is born. Or after...my first grandson, the name was all picked out but when he was born I told my son-in-law that the baby looked just like him. So he wanted the middle name changed to his. LOL...

Cristina- TY..I will take a pound if it just STAYS off. :)

Sassy- I never heard of paying a deposit...wild!

Biking again and my knee still hurt a tiny bit. I had a knee cap out of place when I was a child...it was actually around on the side of the knee. They said I might have trouble when I got older...and I guess it has started. :(
I really was starting to love biking, so hope I can keep it up. Walking isn't fast enough now. Ha...

Sassy_Chick
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi Ladies.

TY for your support. I am going to call my dr tomorrow and see if they got the results yet. The tech said my dr should get it within 3 days. So we'll see.

Cristina -- 3 Miles! HOLY COW! :faint: I BARELY made 1.5 miles when our old car broke down before we bought our new one! :yikes: This guy was being arrested for a DUI, only I think it was for marijuana use, and so they were there for a Blood Test to be see. (the dude babbled on for days) lol

Jules -- Thanks, yes I'm definitely glad its done and over with. It was nerve racking waiting to get it done. lol. $300! Wow that is why if this doesn't show anything, I will NOT be getting an MRI done! Ridiculous! How are people supposed to pay for that?? Esp. people like my in-laws who are on a limited income??? They don't care though as long as they get their $$$. All about the $$$. Makes me sick......

Sue -- WTG on the bikeride! Your gonna be another Lance Armstrong soon! lol. Yup the lady at the hospital said its a new thing that the hospitals and clinics are doing so they get their money. Boils down to the stupid insurance co's refusing to pay for stuff!

Katy -- lol. Nope he was having blood drawn, don't think they require a deposit for that, YET, give them time though! lol. Sorry to hear you feel bad, hope you feel better! :hug:

Well we went to the in-laws today as it was their anniversary. I made them an ecard with a program I signed up for w/ Hallmark, MIL cried she liked it so much. I also bought her bath and body works. FIL said, "I guess there is nothing in there for me?" lol. I said, "No but that was your son's dept. lol." But DH is going to go over and help him with some yard work one day. They are also going to be remodelling their kitchen, new countertops, new cabinets, new floor, painting. So DH will be busy helping with that whenever they decide to start it. But this should be their last room to do. The only thing left for them to do is they need a new deck.

That is about it, just doing up the rest of our laundry.

Have a Great Night!

Mom2Gaby
06-06-2007, 11:56 AM
grrrrrrrr, Good Morning!
Dragging my butt around, tired.

Oh Jules!! Don't you love my avatar?? lol There are lots of pictures of feta on the net , we can all pick out one and be the Feta Lovers Club :cheese: :cheese: - just a thought!! No, I didn't go to the concert by myself. I did think about going and taking another friend or one of the girls. I even thought of taking the tickets to Katy and her husband so they could go. I decided to send M's his ticket along with his ring and necklace and love notes and some pictures of his sorry self. lol .........the concert was the Young Dubliners - Irish music.

What kind of bike do you have Sue? Sounds like fun, too bad about the knee though. Can you wear a brace for support?

Cross Fingers on your test results Sassy!:crossed:

Katy- I went by the school for G last night and met the principal, she was very nice. I was impressed by her and the grounds and inside of the building. Nice and clean and well taken care of......made me feel better! Didn't realize though they make you pay for full time K! lol.........yikes, I am still going to do it at $295 a month - figure I would be paying that in daycare anyway....

How are you Cristina?? I will meet my V one day! I want a hubby like yours! Maybe we can share?? Move to Utah and live under one roof.........with our feta!!!.....lol

k- I am bailing! Good news is I put on capris that I haven't worn in at least 4 months and they are baggy! Cool......I was wearing them when I met M and soon my butt got too big.........not anymore! Thrilled. Mom is annoyed......I say "I lost 13 pounds,,,,,look at these pants that are sooooo baggy???" She replies......"omg- I can't believe you.....it is just coming off.....when that brown shirt gets too big I want it"....lol

Michelle & SusanNYC!! WE MISS YOU!!!!

yay.......happy with how I look today! It is all about me!! yay..lol :cheer: :cheer:

suetalks
06-06-2007, 12:22 PM
No Susan...It is NOT all about you. I am joining in....I put on a pair of pants today and they were baggy too!!! Yay. I have noticed I am tightening up some of the flab...ha. Then I decided to weigh, just to see...and I am down, but I am not going to celebrate until Mon. to see if it is really true. :)
If I am lucky I have hit my first goal....but, we have a family dinner Sunday and with DH's family all being wonderful cooks, that spells disaster.

The bike is believe it or not an old coaster brake one that was in the shed when we moved. Belonged to my oldest DD and I bought it for her in 1976. So, it is not much to look at although I did dust it off. BUT..it pedals easier than any bike I have tried out. DH oiled and fixed the chain. Just need a bigger seat...oops. I am lobbying for a new bike, but don't want hand brakes.

Okay..gotta run...HI to ya'll.

Michelle
06-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi Ladies,

I've been MIA for awhile, but just having lots of down days. I've got a tooth sending me through the roof and I think I need a root canal done and now one of my toes has an infection and extremely sore. Both of these on my mind all day makes me very irritable and a downer. Then our car that was only 14 months old was having major problems and becoming a risk to our lives so we traded it in and now have a new car with higher payments, great! I also hated having a stick shift before and now love the automatic. My daughter has been having us going every which way with the end of the school year functions, but she did get a total of four scholarships so we're very happy and proud of her. Congratulations to everyone that is losing weight! Unfortunately, with my problem with my toe, I'm unable to do any fast walking or exercising and that's also bringing me down. I've been soaking my foot in epsom salt and hoping it helps to heal it very soon. Susan, I'm very sorry about M, but you have been way more patient with him than I ever could have and I think you're right with putting yourself first and taking care of you now. He will be very sorry when he realizes what he had and now it's too late. I'll try to get back here more often and I apologize for no personals, but just too many to catch up on. I've also been very upset by how I was treated and just ignored by three different people from 3FC and it has made me depressed to want to log in here. How can people be so nice and act like they really care about you, send you PMs, and then all the sudden don't have the time of day for you anymore, but when you write them asking if you did something wrong, they don't respond.:hug:

Michelle
06-06-2007, 02:35 PM
SUSAN ~~ I meant to tell you that I was able to get 6 boxes of contacts for my $150; they were $24 a box with 6 contacts in each box. They say that they are two week contacts, but I still have my original pair in now for a little over four weeks and they are still feeling fine.

FrouFrou
06-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...lots of hugs to you missy. :hug: :hug: :hug: You have to do what is best for you and you know what that is. And yes, you will met "your" V one day. I know you will. When you least expect it, it will happen. Sorry, no sharing of the man here, lol. I don't know how those women in Utah do it. I wouldn't/couldn't ever share a man. Paying for kindergarten, what?! I've never heard of such a thing. Why would you have to pay for kindergarten? Unless of course it is a private or Christian school, is it? Or is it because it is full-time?

KATY...I didn't get my full 3 miles in yesterday. Kept getting interrupted. The darn well guys actually did show up, lol. I did get in 2 though so I am pleased with that. I would love to try water aerobics one day. The only place that offers it is the Y and it's kind of costly. Oh well, one day. I loved the flowers! OMG! The peony is gorgeous! As well as the rose. Was going to comment on your knitting blog as well but I was too lazy to fill out all the info to join, lol. But the shawl and tank are going to be nice when done. I like the colors of both and your grandma will love it too!

MICHELLE...sounds like you have been crazy busy! Sorry to hear about your toe and tooth, ouch. Hope you get to feeling better soon. :hug: :hug: :hug: WTG to your DD and all the scholarships...bet they will help with her schooling for sure. You know...the people who are ignoring you and being mean just aren't worth your time. I wouldn't even bother with people like that. I think it's sad that they carry on that way and feel the need to be rude &/or mean. I guess it is one and the same because ignoring someone is rude as well as mean. Hugs to you.

SUE...I've been looking for a bike without brakes on the handle bars as well. I found one at Wal-mart last year but when I went to get it it was gone! :( Hope your knee gets better. Mine hurts when I walk a lot even though I've been told it is supposed to help. :shrug: WTG on the loss!

JULES...CONGRAT'S to the guy! Hope they have many years of wedded bliss! :congrats: Glad to hear Tony is doing well. As well as can be expected I guess for where he is. Josh was supposed to come back in July but they extended them so who knows. One day they say one thing and the next day they say another. I should say, one minute they say one thing and the next...that's about how often it changes. Next time you talk with him tell him I said HI and THANK YOU for his service! Glad the kids are all getting along and the manicotti was good! How are you doing? And DH?

SASSY...well, I hope by now you have heard something. I hear ya about the insurance and docs. Every year DH's insurance gets worse. The company makes sooooo much money but always cuts back with the insurance for some reason. So every year or every other year they change companies and V has to pay more out of his paycheck and we have a bigger co-pay and...they pay for less things. At least though, we got to keep the same docs...I hate changing doctors.

Well, nothing much going on today. I am going to try and fit a walk in sometime. Not sure if it will happen though. I've got laundry to do and once V gets home more yard work to do. Will be so glad when that is done and over with. Sick of that already. We did get the well dug yesterday finally. So getting things done. Already spent some time in the yard this morning watering things...takes forever I swear. But, it's gotten warmer now and we don't want the stuff to die...would be too much moola down the drain. Anyway...I don't know where the time goes. I run a couple of errands, get back, water and it seems the day is over, blah, blah, blah.

Have a great day ladies, what's left of it!

Mom2Gaby
06-06-2007, 05:49 PM
omg- it is our Michelle!! Good to see you posting. Thank you for the information on the contacts! I need to get my prescription from Lens Crafters and take over to kaiser - $25 beats $35 a box, good deal! Hope your toe starts to feel better. Love the avatar! So cute.
Sorry for rude people!

You aren't going to share V, Cristina!?!? After all the years I have known you???:stress: :stress: :stress: jk - Yes, it is a public school that is offering full time K for a fee. Your landscaping sounds so much fun. I love working in the yard, lucky you!

I feel ill today. I ate 3 lime icee's at 60 calories each.I had some pretzels plus my salad.
Tired and finally made my way to Kaiser to get my blood drawn. Have to get Gaby's papers turned into the school - write a $100 check for deposit or some dang thing.............what is that for? lol......for G's school......zzzzzzz, I have 1 pair of contacts left.....and payday is the 15th......wah, wah,,,,I liked free rent! :mad:
Ex is not well. He thinks it is a tumor. Great.I need a vacation.
R did call me this morning to say hello. Now THAT is a sweet man! Too bad he is an ocean away, a wonderful friend. Lucky me.

k- back to work!

jules1216
06-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Suzy--love the feta chesse avatar. One of the ladies I work with is retiring the end of the month and we are going to Unos for lunch--I already checked the menu out online and am getting their greek salad--which ex has the tumor? that's terrible!! Teri said the same thing about moving--the rent plus security plus partial month since they let her move in early, plus non refundable pet deposit plus the deposit to get the electric changed over, plus the first grocery bill to stock everything up and get the odds and ends. She can't wait to get her cable and internet service hooked up--they are having a special and with first time customer its free installation and cheap monthly payment for the first three months. BTW, I love Irish music too.

Cristina--I do hope Jason is finally happy. that boy and his brothers have had a very hard life and he sure does deserve it. Tony misses his wife and kids and all his friends though he has made some new ones. I tell him how proud I am of him all the time. The kids watched a suppossedly scary movie that reminded dd of the Grudge. All of them said that they had a great time and next time they are grilling. DD stayed up after Ry & Alicia left and Dave went to bed to watch the Painted Veil--she says it is a really good movie but really sad. She went to bed still crying and Dave woke up and got all worried that something happenned--she told him the movie was sad. She said he was really sweet and held her. I stopped over tonight to pick her up to drop her off at work and Dave came home and Dave and I were clapping and happy cause they are really getting along--she told us we were stupid (with a big smile on her face!).

Michelle--just stick with us--our little group will be their for you!!:hug:

Sue-A bunch of my coworkers ride bikes together in the spring and fall after work. I always thought it would be fun to join them but since dh and I ride in the same car it's hard.

Sassy-I don't know how people on fixed insurance and those with no insurance do it either. It's hard enough for me with insurance and a decent paying job!! You and your dh are such good kids--I bet they just love you so much!!

Katy--yes it's definitely a good sign. I think the apartment and getting Lily and having her there on his visitation days is bringing them together. DD is into her second trimester and doesn't seem to be as sick or as grumpy though she is still weepy at little things and really sensitive.

Susan NYC--what are you doing this summer--come tell us!! we miss you!!

Well gonna go, hope everyone has a beautiful nite!!

Sassy_Chick
06-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi All.

Michelle, :hug: I hope everything is okay and I hope it wasn't me? If it was just chalk it up there with my stupid absent-minded brain and was not meant to "ignore" you! :hug:

Anywho............

I forgot and did not get my cat scan results due to my grandpa dying. :cry: He is "technically" my step-grandpa (my step-dad's (<--passed) father) but regardless, he is my family. We looked it up and DH & I still get bereavement time, 3 days, regardless step or not, it even says step parents AND grandparents are included. So my mom said the funeral will be on Saturday. So we'll be going to IN for that.

So we just have to work tomorrow night. Be nice so we can get back onto a "dayshift" schedule and that way also we don't have to rush off afterwards to get "sleep" for work, etc. We can spend time with the family.

The Reason I got my Cat Scan done (to those who asked or don't know) is because I've been having abdominal pain/discomfort and my ultra sound showed Nothing, well except for some cysts on my ovaries, but dr said they were not serious and I do have PCOS so that comes along with it.

Hi to Everybody and sorry don't have personals tonight, just not thinking too clearly right now..........I hope you all are well. I probably won't be around at least on Saturday since that is my grandpa's funeral.

Guess that is about it.

Have a Good Night!

suetalks
06-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Howdy...I rode 3 miles this morning and walked 2 miles with DH later. Then I started feeling yucky. I just ate soup for dinner and drank tea.
Hi to everyone and I will be back tomorrow.....

RosieKate
06-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Good morning, chickies!

Well, it's my WI day and I am up .3...but I am relieved. I had a decent loss last week and it looked like it all came back for most of this week, but I managed to get it together before WI day.

Sassy - so sorry to read of the loss of your gp :( We just lost our Roberto, who meant alot to us, even though he and MIL weren't married. It's hard - I hope his passing was peaceful and my thoughts are with you and your family today. I hope the cat results are good...when you can get to them.

Michelle - :hug: :hug: I had the same reaction as Susan -gee ,I hope it wasn't me...I know I get busy and and hope that hasn't been interpreted as neglect by anyone. I always love to see you posting..I have to see the latest pictures of your family, you know! I really like that you share that part of your life with us. You have been losing, too, and I get inspired by that ...keeps me going.

Sue - Hiya....hope you are feeling better. I have been battling something that is making me feel rundown and a little nauseous. I think it's hay fever. The pollen counts here have been through the roof and I think it just gets to me.

Cristina - TY for your lovely comments on my blog. I set the knitting one up so that anyone can post, but there is a thing on there to keep it from getting spammed by automated- idk what they're called- ""spam-machines"? I don't want anyone to have to register to comment so I'll double check my settings. The flowers in my yard have been so pretty... this is why I love spring!

Jules - Your DD's weepiness brought back memories of my - ahem - senstivities when I was pregnant. I remeber crying for hours after watching Dumbo - can you believe it? Why was I watching that, of all things? Consider yourselves warned - I dare any mother to watch that movie and not become a blubbering idiot. I'm glad your DD has been spared in the morning sickness department... now she's onto the so-called "easy" part. Yeah, that's what I was told anyway.

Susan- I went grocery shopping and bought more feta yesterday. Yum. This time I bought a reasonably-sized container at Winco - instead of the bucket at Costco. I made salad out of cooked wheat berries, spinach, pine nuts and feta. I put a littel sesame-ginger dressing on it and it was YUMMY! I'm not kidding! Wheat berries are my new favorite food....kind of like a hearty risotto. They are really cheap and a little goes a long way. I'm glad Gaby is all set for kindy. Our school's full-day program has a wait list a mile long. Hope you get good results form your blood work.

I skipped yoga this morning...plan on getting a walk in this morning while I have some kid-free time. Other than that my plans for the day are to clean house and just catch up in general...it's seems like it's been real busy around here - I dunno why...just that time of year. We will be ready for a break when school is over.

Mom2Gaby
06-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Good Morning -
:hug: :hug: :hug: to Sassy - thinking of you and your family.

bawling in the office, cute - huh? M wrote an email finally saying he needs to focus on work and he really has no time for a relationship. ummm, knew that - duh :censored:
Just hard to read it - makes it real and I didn't even rate a face to face after 7 months. So, why did he start something? I am mad and hurt. I also love him. I just want him to be happy. I want to be happy. Maybe we can relax and just be friends...........who knows. *sniff..........I need to dry my eyes and buck up.

Wonderful on your baggy clothes Sue! I meant to say that yesterday :)

Katy- the principal said there was a few openings at her school for full time. Talked with G's dad last night and he said he would pay half. I hope he does, that would help a lot.

Jules - so where is your feta avatar? lol ....I know moving is expensive. I lucked out with just the rent and a $300 deposit. It has w/d hook up but I don't have machines- maybe down the road I can get those.

I need to get busy- spent too long being emotional over M this morning. I wrote a scathing note to him and erased it. I don't want to be angry or bitter - no sense in that.

I slept good. I had oatmeal and a slimfast for breakfast. I also bought these flex4life muffins - suppose to have lots of fiber. I just took a bite, maybe tomorrow I will have that instead of oatmeal. 150 cal - not bad.

k- good morning to you all!!

Dreamzer
06-07-2007, 12:48 PM
:) Hi Ladies,

It's me Michelle lol, and I decided to start a new account with the name I use on all the other boards I belong to. I just want a new start here and I will be careful as to where I post and who I talk with, because you just never know who you can trust anymore. I know I can always come here, because all of you are such great friends! I'm so sorry I didn't make it more clear, it is NONE of you here! All of you have been nothing but kind and supportive and I thank you all so much. Sassy, I'm so sorry I haven't kept up on everything to know about your health and your grandpa's passing. You're both in my thoughts and prayers.:( :hug:

Sassy_Chick
06-07-2007, 03:43 PM
TY ALL

:grouphug:

FrouFrou
06-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Hi ladies...

SUSAN...hugs to you missy. :hug: :hug: :hug: That darn M. :devil: It doesn't make sense to me. I know he says he is busy but there's more to life than just work. And I know he felt something for you...from all you said. Maybe he just got scared and I can understand that. Once you've been hurt it's hard to trust again and get involved for fear of being hurt again. But sometimes ya just gotta throw in the towel and give it a chance before life passes you by and it's too late. You tell him I said that! I see about the kindergarten. And yes, just wait...schools are always wanting money for something, lol. What always got me was the deposits for the books in case they were damaged. Well, if it's a deposit (that is what they said it was) shouldn't you get that back at the end of the year when the book is returned? You would think but nooooo. Anyway, Gaby will love kindergarten. A tumor? Yikes...hoping it's not. Are you okay? Your anemia? Oh, I meant to mention yesterday to you hooray for the loose capri's! :carrot:

Same to you SUE! Hooray for loose pants! :carrot: WTG on your biking and walking!

KATY...you're not up that much and I know you will get it off by next WI, plus some. Your salad sounds delicious...wish I liked feta, lol. I don't know if I do or not since I've never tried it. Maybe one day.

SASSY...hugs to you. :hug: :hug: :hug: Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

MICHELLE...I knew that was you ;) I saw your cute little avatar. That's actually how I have felt the last two days, lol. Just been busy and I need sleep.

And SUSAN...you cry all you want missy. I would be crying too...for days.

JULES...can't think of what Painted Veil is. I know it sounds familiar though. It's not only pregnancy that makes you cry...this darn menopause is doing me in. I feel like I am pregnant!!! Glad Jason & Tony are doing well. Josh misses home, both his homes...here and Hawaii.

Busy day today and I am pooped! Not sure why I have been feeling so pooped lately. I get tired and don't want to exercise and didn't. I didn't yesterday and probably won't today. The weather doesn't help. It's hot and it makes me miserable. I need to get re-motivated! I did sit down at the table last night for dinner. Was going to do the 21 day challenge but it's going to be hard because I will be leaving Monday to go see my dad. So will have to wait until I return to start it. Anyway...I have lots of laundry to catch up on. Chat later ladies :wave:

Mom2Gaby
06-07-2007, 04:28 PM
M really does like to work Cristina. I know he called once at my mom''s and she said she heard he was a work alcoholic. She meant it in a teasing way but he replied " I try not to be"....
I think he has a hard time being in relationships - he buries himself in his work. He chased me though, he was the romantic one. I asked him twice in the last few weeks just to tell me if he wants to break up. He hung up on me once because I was crying and it hurt how he was changing.....he wouldn't even talk to me. Anyway - bye to him. He says he loves me still and thinks I am special. *roll eyes* - maybe he says that so he can feel better about himself. I don't believe anything he says anymore.

Hi Michelle! - lol - sorry for the rant......

back to the grind...........my head finally is feeling better- it was pounding.

jules1216
06-07-2007, 06:16 PM
SuzyQ--apparently M has issues, he should have at least taken you out to dinner and bought you a big greek salad and said that he wanted to be friends. Hang in there. You and your baggy capris will find someone better!! PS - I can't find any feta cheeses avatatrs :( where did you get yours?

Cristina--The Painted Veil is with I think Edward Norton. He is some type of doctor/missionary whose wife was having an affair--she ends going to China (?) to help her husband and ends up falling in love with him again. I am premenopausal and I get my weepy moments too. Josh and Tony will be stateside before we know it!!

Michelle--just keep coming back!!

Sassy--:hug: to you sweetie--so sorry to hear about your loss, have a safe trip to the funeral in IN, is it very far?

Katy--I don't need to be preggers to cry while watching movies. I was watching the Spitfire Grill and was crying my eyes out when DD was still living at home--she woke up and walked out to the living room to find me like that and was like what's wrong--I said movie--she said oh and kept walking.

Sue--wtg on all the exercise!!

Mom2Gaby
06-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Geez, lousie girl!! Look up Feta Cheese Pictures:cheese: :cheese: ( I used Yahoo) and a ton pop up. lol
Hope that helps :)
Poop on M...........I swear, the more I think about him the more hurt I am. What a jerk. He likes being single,working and feeding his cat, doesn't like having the life sucked out of him when he is in a realtionship. oh,.........so why are you making me fall in love with you??? *ss hole...........argh. Didn't even have the b*&&s to call me,he was safe in his one sided email....f that.

I don't wanna be friends with him!! argh............I am having a good food day though.........I am so determind to get this weight off!

FrouFrou
06-08-2007, 01:34 PM
You know, I never understand anyone wanting to be friends with their ex unless of course you have kids with them...you have to for the kids. Other than that, um, no. I would not want to be friends with an ex. I am the type who would always want more and...would always think of the dog breaking it off.

Lots of hugs to you Susan! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: That makes no sense to me at all. He can't feed his cat, or play with it or whatever if he is in a relationship? What? UGH!!! I want to strangle him for you. Like Jules said though, you just hang in there missy. Your Mr. Right will come along. He will realize one day that he made the biggest mistake in his life and that life passed him by because of work.

Okay, thought that movie sounded familiar Jules but don't think I remember it. Yeah, premenopause it so much fun, not! Not sure at what point it is full menopause. Think I read somewhere that if you haven't had a TOM for 6 months straight-gettin' there. And yes, Tony & Josh will be home soon enough!

Nuthin going on with me. Went and had the oiled changed in my car and the tires rotated, such fun. Now getting some laundry done. Will straighten the house once I get off here and get a walk in. I am lacking in the walking department. DD was right when she said it would take me 3 years to walk to Iraq and back, lol! Anywho...chat with ya's later. Take care :hug:

Mom2Gaby
06-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Good afternoon! Hi Cristina..........hmmm, M does have 3 cats, he likes cleaning out their litter boxes - maybe he likes playing in the poop. I don't know. I wasn't really very comfortable with him. It is probably for the best, we had nothing in common. It was always him talking about his work and how no one in the office could do it the right way- and poor him having to do everything and spend 24/7 in the office. He didn't even take potty breaks....he was that devoted to his bosses. ..lmao..whatEVER.....the more I think about it the more I wonder what kind of trip I was on.......lol - I shall NOT shed one more tear for this man! I certainly don't pick him for a friend. I have enough ex's as friends- lol .

Gaby is so cute, She wants a baby sister. I asked who the daddy was going to be an she said her daddy or daddy doug or papa R. I also was crying last night in bed and she asked what was wrong. I said M hurt my heart. She sat right up and felt my heart and said all these stern words I couldn't understand - but I could tell she was sticking up for me and putting M in his place..........it made me laugh. What a sweetie.

Changed my ticker early. I needed a boost today. Down a pound, so was happy with that! Ate oatmeal for breakfast along with slimfast and a banana. Salad and salmon for lunch. I need to start on water.

k- that is my update! Hope you all are having a good day. :)

Sassy_Chick
06-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Crap, Crap, Crap and double Crap!

First of all, my DH is at WORK right now because some people can't step up and help out when needed. There was 6 conference calls going on and instead of staying and helping out, the lady just LEAVES!!!!!!!!!! So our boss BEGS DH to come in, at least for a few hours.

THEN my mom calls and says they ARE having a visitation after all for my grandpa. We never knew and she only found out a little bit ago! THEN we find out we have to be in Indiana BEFORE 9 AM! We worked lastnight/early this morning so we slept in, or at least I did, DH never woke me up so I slept until 5:30 P.M.! How am I supposed to go to bed in a few hours to be up at the crack of dawn to drive to Indiana? If my DH was not working right now we could go to Indiana now and figure something out....that way at least we'd be there, ya know? I am so peeeeeeeeeed at work! I want to call my DH to tell him about this, but then again I don't wanna "bother" him because I know they are totally swamped.

What do girls think? What would you do? ARrrrggggggh I feel so flustered! I guess technically we should have left early lastnight, but there was no way of that happening! Work just sucks that everybody else can have time off for things like this and we cannot! All of our families, except for my in-laws are out of state. His are much further than mine, being in Tennessee, so if someone is ill or passes away, we have to drive 1 1/2 hours to my family and 4 hours to his! So its not like its just in town where we don't have to worry about travelling and all. DH's Aunt died a while back and he couldn't go to the funeral because of course it was in Tennessee and work I think only gives us ONE day off for Aunts/Uncles and its a 4 hour trip, that is just one way!

It just irks me how people can be so uncaring. I am really upset about it. Because DH & I should have been in Indiana already and now he is at work. I know sometimes things happen beyond our control and I know my grandpa would understand, but its just the whole thought of it. How people can be so inconsiderate of others. :cry:

Well sorry this is a bit of a whine here...........:(

FrouFrou
06-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Hi ladies...

SASSY...I would have just told them "I HAVE to be somewhere for a funeral and NO I can't work!" That's crazy. DH shouldn't have to pick up someone elses slack. Anyway, I hope you guys got it all worked out and you got some sleep before leaving for IN. How far is it anyway? Thinking about you guys today.

SUSAN...3 cats, yikes! I don't think I have ever known a man that had three cats, or even one. Gaby is a cutie! Lots of hug to you missy. :hug: WTG on the pound gone! :woohoo:

HI everyone else :wave:

Nuthin much going on today. Just going to do some cleaning and laundry. Tomorrow will be a busy day but I will try to check in Monday morning before heading out. Not sure though. Don't plan on leaving unitl 7:30-8'ish but will be up earlier so...we'll see.

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Mom2Gaby
06-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Good Day!

Have a safe trip Cristina! Prayers to your dad. Gab's grandma lives in Arkansas,she might go with her dad this summer.

:hug: :hug: Sassy,......stupid work people. I would have said NO, we have a family emergency....the work will have to wait. I am sorry, take the best of care! :)
Gaby is a sweetie. The preschool had a pizza party yesterday and she never told me. I asked her why and she said "I thought you would be mad",,,,,awww, poor thing. I don't know why she thought that. She wore her fancy dress shoes with shorts yesterday. She would tell everyone "see, they make nosie" and clomp around the kitchen. lol
She wore them to her dads and the grandpa has wooden floors so she was in heaven........until her dad said "ummm, can you take those home??" lol I said yes, but I left them there....passive aggressive....hehe.
I was dragging this morning. I managed to make some oatmeal along with a peach (soooo good) and a slimfast. I found some jeans hanging in the closet and thought "what the heck??" and tried them on. I haven't worn jeans in 5 months!! and presto.....they fit!!!! Size 10 - italian brand...thrilled me and my mom said "omg- 12's??" and I said "no, 10's!" yay.......

So, it is a good day here. I might go see Knocked Up by myself. Just bumming and doing "me" things. Back to being a mom tomorrow! :)

Hi to Jules, Michelle, Sue, Katy, and Susan NYC - what are your plans this weekend?

You all have a good day!

Sassy_Chick
06-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey all.

We're back. We actually got back early, about 1:30 p.m. or so. We only had a few hours sleep and so when we got home, we crashed. lol. Everything went ok, I mean as ok as a funeral can go I guess. My grandma was glad to see us there. I also got to see my "evil" step-sister too. lol. J/K, she's not the "evil" one, that is the youngest and darn it she couldn't make it. lol. I know that sounds horrible. But we mostly just "tolerated" each other for my step dad and so after he passed, we haven't seen each other since and have liked it that way. We're not mean or anything to each other, just you know one of those "relatives" you just are civil too at family functions, etc. lol. She actually gave DH & me a hug, I was shocked. lol.

Anyways. I was okay until at the Mass this girl got up and said something about my step dad (who passed in 03') and also when they had my mom take up my step dad's picture up by the casket. :cry:

Cristina & Susan -- Yeah but it was DH who answered the phone and he is a bit of a "push-over" esp when it comes to work. lol. If it were me I would have said what you gals said. lol. But at least he only had to go in for 2 hrs. Still annoying, but oh well, its done.

FrouFrou
06-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Hello ladies, and a good Sunday to you!

SUSAN...thank you! It will be good to see my family, most of them anyway. Not good to see most of them but I won't be seeing all of them because they live somewhere else, lol. I didn't want it to be at a funeral. I'll share some photos when I get back. YOU take care of yourself missy! That's an order! Glad you are doing "me" things...you need to, we all need to.

SASSY...well, that company, knowing you guys' circumstances shouldn't have called and asked DH to come in, even if it was for 2 hours. But, I am glad you guys are back home now and glad things went well at the funeral. As well as expected for a funeral of course.

A big HELLO to everyone else :wave:

Thought I would check in today because I know I won't be able to tomorrow. I will be hurrying around with last minute cleaning, and taking the dog out and such. I wish I was able to leave and not clean, lol. I guess I just like coming home to a clean house.

Got most of my packing done. Doing some laundry to finish it off. My car is clean, the house is almost (will finish that in the morning) and I am cooking some chicken breasts for Jason and Vince for a couple of days. And a special little treat of brownies. Anywho...see you ladies next weekend!

Have a GREAT week ladies, and WI too!:hug:

Mom2Gaby
06-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Good Morning -
UGH......you are going to be gone a whole week Cristina????? ugh.....what will I do??? I hope you have a good time w/ family and a safe trip. Come back as fast as you can...:stress:

Sassy - happy to hear you had a safe trip to your grandpa's funeral.

I just woke up with a feeling in my stomach. of gloom/depression. Made a serving of oatmeal and had the slimfast. It made me feel better. WI is again tomorrow - cross fingers!!

I think I will bum around again today. Clean my bedroom and maybe go look at the storage for next week when I move.

Chat in the morning - hope you all have a super day!!

Sassy_Chick
06-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi All. :wave:

Just "bumming" around the apt. today. We were going to clean, but neither of us feels up too it. My back hurts and his knees hurt, so we have 3 more days yet, it can wait. ;)

Cristina -- TY and yes you're right, work shouldn't have called period, but what r ya gonna do? Just move on I guess. lol. Yes I'm glad the funeral went okay, as well as a funeral can go. My grandma had them put lilies in my grandfather's flowers on top of the casket, in memory of my step dad. (his oldest daughter died young and she loved those lilies and when my step dad passed away my step sisters made sure he had one.) After the funeral, we gave my grandma a big hug and she told her son to go and get the lilies, that they were for us, my step sisters, my mom and me. So I took only one and let my mom keep the rest of mine and I'm going to have my mil press them and put them into a Christmas ornament like she has done for DH w/ his grandmother's and for my grandma, my mom and me for my step dad and give it to my grandma. I think she'll like that.

I am the same way when I go away, I want the place to be clean before leaving, if possible. I hope you have a good time and a very safe trip. ;) We'll miss you. :hug:

Susan -- TY. Sorry to hear you had a bad feeling today in your tummy, glad you feel better. :) We are doing the same, just "bumming" around today, as neither of us feels that great. :p Plus we have 3 more days (our reg. days off) to get stuff done. Its very weird being off on the weekend, so used to working. I even asked DH, "are you going to check the mail today?" He is like hon, its Sunday. lol. I was like oh yeah, well not used to being off on Sundays! lol.

I hope you have a very nice relaxing and enjoyable Sunday Night. :)

Where is Jules and Michelle at?? *looks around* lol.

Dreamzer
06-10-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm still here, just been busy this weekend with too much eating out and shopping lol.:o I did get some great deals at Kohls, which I just happen to find this new store that I didn't even know was here in Oregon. Kohls always reminds me of Iowa, because that was always our favorite store to shop at when we went back there to visit. I got three shirts for $6.99 each and three pairs of earrings, each regular price $12-14 and I got them for just under $6 each. I really need a new pair of sandals, because my Doc Martens are about five years old, but I love them. I tried to find a new pair just like them and the style has been discontinued.:D

SUSAN...I'm sorry you're feeling down today. I just can't believe how M wrote you to break things off! You are way too good for him and mister right will be out there for you and you can show off your size 10 jeans and baggy capris.;)

SASSY...Glad you still have some days off to relax from work. The housework just never seems to end!:dizzy:

CRISTINA...I've missed something somewhere, but I don't understand about your trip you're going on.:?: I hope you stay safe!!:hug:

Hello to Katy, Jules, Sue, SuzinNY and anyone else I may have missed.:hug:

Mom2Gaby
06-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Good Morning!

Bumming is over and back to work- grrrrrr.

Gaby came home last night and I was napping. I got up and sat on the couch while she played and she was wanting something to eat. I just sat there. Finally my mom said "you are back on duty!!"........argh....fine I got up and fixed her dinner. I was enjoying my bumming.

Thanks Sassy and Michelle. I feel better. I ate oatmeal and a banana this morning. WI and was still 1 pound, maybe 1.5 - not sure. I will try again in a few days.

I know Michelle.......I was going to write M and say he showed a lack of respect and maturity in writing me to break a 7 month relationship. I mean...I wasn't going yo say anything until I saw him. I couldn't have ended it in an email or a phone call. Classless.Adios jerk!

I have to get to work. I take Gab to her speech appt this afternoon. Wearing my glasses and looking smart - lol....k, better get.

You all have a good day!

Mom2Gaby
06-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Afternoon-

Never heard if Kohl's Michelle. Have to check it out. I went to Value Village and found a cute shirt for 4.99 - lol - that was my bargain. I also found some cute picture frames for some recent pic's of the girls, so I was happy about that.

Ate lunch. I left out the dressing for the greek salad though -
it is 70 cal.alone
and the salad w/feta is only 60cal. So , I added the salmon for 180 +60(salad w/ no dressing)=240 cal. I think that is a lot better and cuts out most if the fat.:D

dang - these glasses are really working. I am sure I am close to a Masters in something - hehe. My janitor saw me and said he liked the glasses, makes me look sexy. I gave him a pay raise right then and there.:D

k- drinking water. Going to get off soon for Gabys appt.

chow!!

RosieKate
06-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Good morning everyone!
Just got back from yoga, drinking my first cup of coffee..life is good....

Susan - I had salmon and a salad for dinner - yum. Salmon just sounds so good right now. Costco has frozen sockeye , pretty good price as usual.

Michelle- those are great deals! I've shopped Kohl's online, but haven't been out to the store here as yet. Now - I think I'll have to go pretty soon, lol!

Sassy - glad your trip went alright and that you and your DH are back safe and sound.

Hi to Jules, Sue, and Cristina ( when you get back...hope all is going well on your visit)

I had a long wait for the brake work on my car yesterday so the garage gave me a free rental and I went home and cleaned house. Not so exciting, but, boy, does this place look better. Still needs a little dusting, then it will look all perked up. I also noticed my garden could use some weeding, so hopefully I can do some today. I really need to get my load of compost ordered and spread - that cuts down all those yucky weeds. We are starting to get some produce from the garden. We had a bunch or strawberries, radishes and lettuce...maybe some more lettuce today. Almost have enough basil to harvest and make some pesto - yum.

Enough of my exciting life, lol! Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Mom2Gaby
06-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Good Morning!

You sound so busy Katy! I love fish. I had a friend say that I shouldn't eat it everyday because of mercury. *roll eyes* which is the least of my problems. lol
Had oatmeal and an apple for breakfast. I am dragging - might walk to Starbucks for coffee.
A resident said I looked adorable in my glasses. Wassup with that? Just because they haven't seen me in glasses before? When I was wearing them people said I needed to get contacts........argh

k- I am tired. You all have a good day!

Mom2Gaby
06-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Good Morning!

I had oatmeal *roll eyes* and an egg for breakfast and 2 pieces of polish sausage for breakfast and a lime bar - plus coffee, I feel full!

How about you all?? I got back my test results. My iron level is a 9 now, normal is a 16, it was a 6 so I am going up slowly. So wonder I have been tired still!!

Excited about moving this Saturday! k- that is it........

Mom2Gaby
06-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Please STOP and jump over to BIK thread #26!![ :moped: