LA Weight Loss - Doing Slim 4 Life - looking for buddy

TDubry
05-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Hey,

I just started the Slim 4 Life plan. I know most people probably haven't heard of it since the centers are mainly in Colorado, Minnesota and Kansas. So far it seems to be a great diet plan, but having been used to the Weight Watcher's enviornment and having group meetings and being able to connect with people online - I'm finding the Slim 4 Life plan challenging because it's just one to one meetings with a diet counselor and I don't get anyone else's opinion about the diet, whats working and whats not.

So I'm hoping that someone else out there is doing the plan and is also looking for a Slim 4 Life Diet Buddy to share challenges, tips and encouragement with along the way.

If anyone's interested PM me.

Have a great day!

Tonya

jackiejackie
06-20-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi Tonya! This is Jackie in Lee's Summit, MO. I just joined Slim4Life today and I start the 3-day meat/veggies thing tomorrow. If you haven't found an e-mail buddy...I think it would be fun to swap ideas and encourage one another. :dizzy:

My starting weight is 281. My goal weight is 181. Whew...one hundred pounds to go to reach goal. Luckily, I'm 5'11" so all my fat is kind of spread out evenly.

Hee!hee!

P.S. I didn't know how to "PM YOU" so I'm just trying this.

SunnyColorado
06-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Hi Ladies! I am on Slim4Life too. I would love to have some buddies to talk with. :)

sallystang
06-25-2007, 04:40 PM
I have lost 11 lbs so far and have been on it since June 5th. I would like a chat buddy as well.

momintraining
09-08-2007, 02:02 AM
I started Slim 4 Life with my husband 4 weeks ago and I have lost 15 pounds and he has lost 20 pounds. This week I have been having trouble following the plan and I'm not sure why. I did Weight Watchers for so long I'm having a hard time changing my thoughts about things. Having someone to chat with about it all would be great.

JustSomeGirI
09-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi...new to 3FC and just started S4L a couple weeks ago and would love some buddies! I'm already kinda growing old with lettuse and tomatoes...and would love to hear some of ya'll favorite meals on plan.

*asta pasta*

PS, I'm on plan 2

momintraining
09-11-2007, 02:00 AM
I'm on plan 2 also and I'm getting tired of lettuce and chicken but it is working so I'm going to stick to it. It will be worth it in the end! I do like their thermo snacks though. I haven't got creative with the plan yet but they do have a cookbook that looks like it has pretty good recipes.

MsKitty12345
09-12-2007, 11:41 AM
I lost 46 pounds on S4L 6 years ago, didn't stablize at the end (stupid) and gained it all back plus some. The program is great and I love it because you do see results and it is easy to follow. I just started prepping today, feel free to chat with me for support in this program, I know it very well.:)

Kitty

soccermomma
09-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Good afternoon ladies;

I have been on slim 4 life for the past 6 weeks. It was going really well until I just recently on vacation. I've been back since last friday and my binging hasn't stopped. :?:

I'm going to go in today with no food journals and an extra 8 pounds and hope they are gentle.

I have just lost my drive and self control. Anyone have any suggestion. I need help; I just scarffed down an oatmeal cream pie. :o

momintraining
09-13-2007, 01:02 AM
I think the main thing you need to do is go back in no matter how much you have gained because if you don't it will become a lot more weight. It is so easy to lose control no matter what diet you do but the support really helps and I think they will be kind and supportive. Try to remember the feeling you felt while you were losing and you'll realize the pie or anything else just doesn't give you the same feeling. Good luck and I hope you can get back on track.

jlr1013
09-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi there! I just started slim 4 life two weeks (and 12.5 lbs ago)! So far so good! the weekends seem to be the most difficult though, so I'm really focusing on staying on track through to monday!

momintraining
09-15-2007, 01:22 AM
I agree the weekends are hard for me also. I think it's mainly because I get bored. So I have been trying to schedule more activity into my weekends. We have been walking and flying kites and etc. I was going good until I lost 15 pounds and then I started cheating more. I'm going to try to get back on track because I still have 67 pounds to go. I took my first Cycling class tonight and it felt good to push myself. I have been doing treadmill and I just don't push myself enough. I'm going to stay on track this weekend and start losing again.

NANARAE
09-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Hello I just can't make up my mind about this program. I met with a counselor; she really did a lousy job of convincing me this was the way to go. She gave me very little information. That woman never cracked a smile....kind of scary Are you stuck with the person who signs you up? I live in KC I know we several locations of course I went to one closest to me, Iím thinking about giving it another shot at a different location. She did mention a 6 week fast track program? Any information you could offer I would greatly appreciate it Thanks :o

momintraining
09-16-2007, 10:02 PM
The program works but you really have to decide if you want to spend the money. They don't tell you how much it really is going to cost until you go to the class to teach you how to do the program. You have to buy the amount of snacks to cover the weeks it will take you to lose which is $16.00 per box and you use two boxes a week. Plus you have to buy Thurmo boost, and their herbs cost $135.00 per month, plus carb blockers and vitamins. They say my weight loss will take 26 weeks to lose 70 pounds. I figured it will be about $4000.00 at least before I get done. You get whoever is free to take a client when you walk in. So you could get that girl again but probably not every time. I haven't heard of the fast track program. It does work though. I have a girl I work with that lost 80 pounds and it took her 8 months and she didn't exercise. I also work with a guy that has lost 55 pounds since June. I have lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks and my husband has lost 23 pounds so it does work. I hope I have helped you decide. Good luck.

NANARAE
09-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Thank you for your quick response. Your right they really don't tell you the cost up front. She really beat around the bush on that subject. She did mention the fast track program did not include the Thurmo boost...Of course not knowing anything about the program that didn't mean much to me, I think I'll give them another shot. Thanks Again Have a great day

NANARAE
10-09-2007, 07:51 AM
I did it! Anybody else just start on this program?

aphil
10-09-2007, 02:10 PM
I have a question-do they just promote the snacks/herbs/supplements heavily, or are they absolutely, 100% required to do the program-no ifs, ands, or buts?

Some places heavily suggest their products, because they are a business, but does Slim 4 Life require them?

NANARAE
10-09-2007, 06:56 PM
They promote their products, I have friends and family that have done this program before and went to health food stores and found similar products and used those instead. I like the one stop shopping, We'll see how it goes

elorene
10-28-2007, 06:13 AM
I started slim4life two weeks ago. I have followed the diet exactly as directed, but I've only lost three pounds so far. I'm a vegetarian, so the counselors told me (after I'd signed up) that it will take me longer to lose the weight. I'm pretty frustrated, but still working the diet.

aphil
10-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Don't be frustrated-a healthy rate of weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week, and you are averaging 1.5 per week, which is wonderful. Patience is key with any weight loss plan. You are actually right on track. :)

NANARAE
11-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Hi Elorene
I'm not a vegetarian and I am averaging about the same weight loss, it is very frustrating, I have noticed my clothes are fitting better so the few pounds I'm losing are making a difference
I am doing a quick start 6 week program I'm suppose to lose 20lbs
I feel water logged!:) Letís hang in there

elorene
11-03-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm hanging in there. I don't know if I did a "quick start" or not. I had those first three days of (for vegetarians) only eggs and green veggies. I thought I might die!

I've just started week three and I've lost 7 pounds now. Of course, it always varies when I go to weigh in! I'm shooting for having lost 10 by my check-in on Monday.

Best of luck!

NANARAE
11-12-2007, 08:04 AM
How are things going?? I fell off the ship. I just don't get it You can gain back in 2 days what takes you weeks to lose I'm back on

elorene
11-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Don't worry, I think everyone has a time where they end up eating a little more/differently than their diet suggests.

I went out to eat for the first time last week and I got sick! I think my body just isn't accustomed to the fat anymore!

So, I think there are many potential pitfalls and as long as you pull yourself out and get back on the wagon, you're doing great!

Keep on plugging! I'm cheering you on!

Sturn08
11-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Good afternoon ladies;

I have been on slim 4 life for the past 6 weeks. It was going really well until I just recently on vacation. I've been back since last friday and my binging hasn't stopped. :?:

I'm going to go in today with no food journals and an extra 8 pounds and hope they are gentle.

I have just lost my drive and self control. Anyone have any suggestion. I need help; I just scarffed down an oatmeal cream pie. :o

I think I just realized my problem!!! I was doing GREAT on my diet plan (NOT S4L but another) and went on vacation to Chicago. I think that going on a binge there is still in my system. I think that since I did binge, I can't get back on track :( I'm very very discouraged with my plan.... and in tears everyday :-(

NANARAE
11-14-2007, 06:00 PM
I received a call from S4L (since I hadn't been in) I told them I had totally got off the diet, they encouraged me to come in, I had not gained a pound, of course I had not lost one either. Back on again :) Looking at the weight loss you all are doing far better than me. I have lost 9 lbs...

mil63
11-17-2007, 11:36 PM
I am going to start the 3 day diet prep tomorrow and I am looking for tips on how you survived the Slim 4 Life diet prep!!! Any hints?

Also, it's ok to buy the snacks week by week, right? Thanks.

carribear
11-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi! My husband and I just joined s4l a few days ago and are starting the 3 days of misery tomorrow, at least that is what is seems it will be...a few eggs, meat and raw vegis for 3 days!!!! Yikes. I am a food lover and I am almost in a state of depression over the thought of being restricted from so many of the foods that I love.
I found that the counsolor was very tight liped about the program until we signed up and then she told us what the first three days would be and that we would find out what we could eat after that at the nutrition class, so...I feel like I'm going into this diet without much info. Sounds like it's alot of carb restriction?? again I say...yikes.
Does anyone have any tips on the first three days?? Can you have carrots? It doesn't say no or yes on the sheet.
Please, someone...tell me I will live through these first days!!!

stamptherapy
11-25-2007, 07:21 PM
I have an appointment tomorrow morning -- can anyone tell me what to expect? How much, will it be a high pressure sales pitch, and what is this 3-days of ****? I know they want to keep it top secret, but if you are willing to share, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Susie in the Twin Cities

carolann1208
12-13-2007, 01:32 PM
I just started Slim4Life on Monday - down 5 pounds as of yesterday. Feeling very good about my choice. Is anyone else on this program currently/still?

kmisbell
12-28-2007, 06:14 PM
I just joined S4L in the Kansas City area and looking for a buddy. I am only on day 2. Looks like the other folks are further along. Carolaonn how are you doing after the 3 day prep?

Vicki Lynn
12-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Hi all, You'll have to excuse my newness to the site. This is my first post.
I was looking into the Slim4Life website this morning and I'm interested in trying it but really need to know about how much it costs before wasting my time making an appointment. I know someone who has lost tons of weight on the plan and she loves it. Can any of you tell me what you're paying for the program?

Kal
12-29-2007, 07:11 PM
I just got home from signing up. I spent $1700.00 to get all the stuff I will need for 33 weeks. ($55.00 per week). Although it seems like a lot of money I recently tried First Line Therapy which cost me over $1000.0 in 8 weeks ($125.00 per week) and I lost all of 8 pounds and got toxic from all the supplements they pushed on me. My neighbor has had great success with Slim 4 Life, so here goes!

How does everyone make time to go in 3 times per week?

I hope we can support each other on our journey.

Rickie47
12-31-2007, 05:40 PM
In March 2005 I joined S4L @ 236 lbs and by the end of the year I was at 157. I became over confident and people were telling me I'd lost too much weight so after this last holiday I noticed that I had gained some of the weight back. I have rejoined to lose the remainder of my original weighgoal.
I approaching the end of day 1 prep.
Believe me if you can stay on program, watch your portions, drink your water you'll lose the weight.
It is expensive, but weigh your options: shorten lifespan, inability to participate in life, prescriptions for weight-related illnesses. looking good, and the grocery bills will decrease.
I did discover that you will need to follow the eating habits the rest of my life. It is so easy to gain weight and so difficult to lose it. Eliminating the processed foods and eating as naturally items as possible. Society has made eating simple but at what price?
I wish everyone good luck!

jason
01-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I was on WW from August 2005 until March 2006. I went from 290 to 225. Then from March 2006 till December 2007, I gained almost all of it back and now weigh a little under 280.

I started Slim 4 Life yesterday and I have my nutrition class tomorrow.

Do you have to buy the pills? I am mainly looking for a general nutrition plan and I am confident I will be working out quite a bit.

To be honest, I say I was on WW but I actually never paid a dime for it. My wife was doing it for work and I just kind of did it with her. I knew how many points I could have and how to figure out the points. Plus I ran about 2-4 miles a day. I know that with a nutrition plan and maybe some of the pills I can be successful but I don't want to be popping pills as much as it sounds like they require you too. I don't care about not being on the "money back quarentee".

Can anyone help me out?

brittney2323
01-03-2008, 12:05 PM
and my understanding is, you only are required to buy Qty 2 Thermo Snacks a week.....

That the supplements, vitamins are not required.

I did end up buying the thermo boosts and the plan when I signed up. I did not buy the thermo snacks. But I will thru the weeks, cuz I didn't want to buy a bunch of them,a nd not like them. So I will try as I go, and find what I like.

I haven't decided about the supplements. I'll probably buy the EFA's at Target. Along with a Multi Vitamin. But not sure about the Carb Blockers, or the Herbal Supplement. Maybe I will only buy them when I hit a plataue? I'm not sure.

Good Luck! Today is my 3rd day doing the 3 day prep diet, and I can honestly say I'm anxious to get a Nutritional Plan. Green raw vegis are not my favorite. The protein wasn't so bad, but I need more. LOL!

Have you searched "groups" at Yahoo, there was a Slim 4 Life group there that I joined, and they have been very helpful! Come join us, there are about 2-3 new members just starting.

JoAnn

Kal
01-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Well, I made it through the prep days and am starting the weight loss plan today. I feel a little lost and overwhelmed with the choices. Have any of you figured out a way to break things down by meal?

brittney2323
01-04-2008, 04:09 PM
The way I understand it. Its my first day too, is that it doesn't matter how you break it up. Just so you get all the daily requirements in.

She did say for us to probably eat our Proteins when we are most hungry. Like for lunch and dinner. Not for breakfast, unless you are super hungry at breakfast usually!

I think for me, I'm going to end up buying egg beaters for breakfast, so I can have that for breakfast and not count it as my protein.....

I have 1 protein left, 1 vegi, and one thermo snack. I think I may save my thermo snack for evening tonite. We'll see.

Good Luck!

JoAnn

sincity9008
01-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Ive been thinking of joing s4l but i dont know if i can afford it do the have payment plans or do i have to pay up front

brittney2323
01-04-2008, 07:42 PM
if I would have bought everything it would have been 3,085> I only did about 1/2 of this. And I did put it on Credit Care, their credit card system. No interst for 6mths. Which is still very costly! LOL! About $250/mth. And that's for only half the program.

I have heard that I can buy soem of the product online, but you are required to buy the program and Qty 2 of the thermo snacks per week. So that would be $1385.00 total. And then the rest of the pieces you could buy elsewhere.

I havent' decided what I will do for the remainder of the stuff I need. I'll cross that bridge when it comes to it.

JoAnn

determinedindenver
01-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Hello everyone!!! I just finished my prep and my first day in weight loss. It was hard to spread out the plan today. I bought the cook book. It is the best thing I did besides sign up, It makes it more interesting. I have found that it is easier to plan it the night before. Also the thermo snacks are pretty good. So, hold on if your in the prep phase cause food will get better.

P.

hipchick37
01-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Hey just signed up today will start on 3 day regime tomorrow wish me luck

determinedindenver
01-07-2008, 11:55 PM
good luck!!!! You will be fine. It's all good once you get threw the prep.

BigKuntreeMomma
01-08-2008, 10:38 AM
I just started S4L yesterday!! I was happy to have a 1.6 pound loss this morning! Yeah! Good luck!! Remember to stay close to the bathroom facilities!! All that water makes a girl float!! LOL

hipchick37
01-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Did anyone have problems eating 2-3 Lbs of meat during the prep. Any ideas on how to season the chicken with out condiments? I was told I have to use Kraft Fat free ranch but the Hidden Valley seems to have less junk in it any ideas.

determinedindenver
01-08-2008, 11:30 PM
use mrs. dash seasonings. They don't have any sodium. Also you can use herbs. That's what they told me

hipchick37
01-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Lost 2 1/4 pounds first day of prep not bad. start the eating class tomorrow that should be fun.:carrot: :dizzy: :dizzy:

hipchick37
01-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Well went to Nutrition class today and this will be tough with young children but I think I can do. I have lost a total of 4 pounds and will begin eating off there food list tomorrow. I really miss the chocolate right now but I think that will pass and I hope there bars and at least good. the food bill is definitely going to jump that is for sure. Well if you are reading thanks and write soon.:D:hug:

BigKuntreeMomma
01-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Hey Hipchick37!! I'm new to 3fc and posting but wanted to let you know that I read posts here. I am on day 5 of S4L and I've lost a total of 7 pounds so far! Yeah! The cravings are horrible BUT I'm managing. Good luck!!!

hipchick37
01-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the udate glad to here that someone is reading. How are you liking the food. I seem to still get hungry I am on day 4 (3days prep, 1 Day regular) and am starving right now?

determinedindenver
01-16-2008, 12:04 AM
I got sick and had chicken noodle soup.... Had to do a small cleanse to get back on track. feeling discoraged.

kmisbell
01-17-2008, 07:15 AM
Hey folks, I have not posted since I started S4L at the end of December but wanted to share how my progress is going...

I have now lost over 12 lbs. I have learned that the fastest way to lose the weight is to ensure you eat protein every few hours. I also utilize the reverse diet method which is to eat your dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. Alternate your fruit in between meals and drink your water. I am full all day long and can barely get my veggie om let in for dinner. I also stop eating at least 2 hours before I go to bed. The one most important thing is to also take Omega 3 - this makes your skin strechy so that as you lose weight skin does not sag.

I am excited to see all the folks on S4L. For those just starting, to get the most off during the first three days is to eat as much beef as possible. I actually go to HyVee and buy the tray of Zarda beef and eat on that all day long. We also buy a whole roasting chicken and eat one each day. It is a lot of protien but that is the point, the first 3 days is actually resetting your bodies metabolism. good luck!!!

kmbroom
01-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Saw that you are looking for a buddy - me too! I just started slim 4 life on Wednesday and so far, so good. I am 5'11" and SW was 197. GW is 165. Have lost 7 during the 3 day phase - I think I have a lot of food and water taking a vacation in my body - as I cannot imagine that I am losing fat just yet.

kmbroom:carrot:

Kal
01-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Glad to hear all of you are doing so well. I am on day 16 and have lost 12 lbs! If I get hungry, I have one extra Turbosnack (not a bar) and that works pretty well. Is it normal to be more tired?

I am glad to have found other people who are on this same journey.:wave::dust:

photoguy
01-22-2008, 03:47 AM
Hi All! I am new to this website, but not new to dieting. I joined Slim 4 Life here in Shawnee, KS in August 2007 and have lost 102 lbs since then. This program has been the greatest thing that's happened to me and pretty easy for me to maintain. I hope that more of you try Slim 4 Life. I don't feel any pressure and love the 1 on 1 atmosphere that they provide. I still have a lot more weight that I want to lose. My goal weight with the program is probably not going to be my final weight. But 150lbs was a good starting off point for me. I have 48 lbs to go to reach that and then we shall see from there.
Good luck and happy dieting all! :)

hipchick37
01-23-2008, 04:50 PM
On 15 i think and so far have lost 12 pounds. The thing i find hardest is finding recipes that i like and getting a variety of vegetables. water i not and issue and i eat jello at night for snack:carrot: :) ;)

brittney2323
01-27-2008, 03:32 PM
I started Slim 4 Life January 1st, and I've lost 18.75lbs already! It's been terrific so far. And now I'm under 50lbs left to lose. I cannot believe it. That actually even seems doable with this diet.

In case you are wondering if you should try it....I think it's the best thing I've done.

JoAnn:carrot::carrot::carrot:

hipchick37
01-29-2008, 01:55 PM
glad to hear that more people are on this site we need to keep the communication going

hipchick37
01-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Photoguy glad to here you are out there listing there are not alot of posts on this site we need to keep up the communications

hipchick37
01-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Kal, Keep it up I am trying to get more people to join the site so that we will have more communicaiton going on.

hipchick37
01-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Britteny2323 Keep us posted on how you are doing I have lost 16Lbs since 1-7-08 and find that it easier then I thougt. Keep up the good work and keep posting.

traycon
01-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi! I'm a newbie to this thread! I did S4L over a year and a half ago with my momma. I lost the intended 25lbs and she lost the intended 45lbs. It took us both a bit longer than the "projected" weeks because lets face it, LIFE HAPPENS! Well she has kept her weight off, but I suffered some unfortunate health issues and did gain most of mine back. I'm on the wagon now for a second round because I have witnessed this program work time and time again for SO many friends and family.

I'm glad I found this thread because my struggle is I am no longer in Colorado and have to buy my thermo snacks online at dietdirect.com (cheaper) and my mom ships me the pills, but ACCOUNTABILITY is HUGE! So I will become a regular on here as I hope many of you are.

Given I have done the WHOLE program before I might be able to answer a lot of questions that arise so ask anytime!

I would like to thank you all in advance for your encouragement after I decide on some occasion that sugar cookies and a vodka-tonic are the perfect nightcap :nono:

Have a great day!

MissDina
01-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Hello everyone! I am so gald to find a place that I can share my progress, concerns, etc. on the Slim For Life Program!!! This is my second time on S4L. The first time, I followed the program for a month and a half and had absolutely gret results....I lost about 20 lbs in just 5 weeks! But, I went on vacation and got off track, so I am now reminded that a KEY to dieting is PREPARATION. I am now at the point in my life where I can dedicate time to shopping for, preparing and consuming the right food. The hardest part for me was the prep. I just finished my prep yesterday and today is my first day on real food. It was like I was looking forward to today while doing the prep. The program is really not that hard if you try some of the recipes in the book and don't eat the same thing everyday-change it up! I am down 7 lbs in 4 days!

anhayla1
02-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Hi, I just started 4 days ago with S4L, so this is my first day off the prep phase. I was getting so sick of beef! And I am normally not a water drinker so it has been a challenge. I was shocked during the nutritional meeting when I found out about all the prep work to eat right. We run a business, I go to school full time and have two kids...but now that I have seen a 6 pound drop in 4 days, I want to give it my all. I may have to break down and buy that cookbook though, I'm not creative in the food dept. If anyone knows of cheaper websites etc...to buy the products, please let me know!

Mika1
02-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi, i just started S4L and today was my 3rd day. It wasn't easy... I ate lots of chicken, fish, shrimp, lamb, turkey, but still was hungry. However, it’s possible to survive))))) so looking forward to eat something different. Good luck!!!!!

localhero
02-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Glad to hear all of you are doing so well. I am on day 16 and have lost 12 lbs! If I get hungry, I have one extra Turbosnack (not a bar) and that works pretty well. Is it normal to be more tired?

I am glad to have found other people who are on this same journey.:wave::dust:
Kal, if you are tired, chances are you are not
measuring out and taking enough sodium. For
the first 4 weeks, I was losing weight, but finally
hit a wall about 3pm every single day. It was my
lack of Sodium! So I take the "fake" Morten salt, and
measure it out 1/2 tsp. mix it up in water each morning
and drink. That's it. I feel mucho better and the weight is
still coming off.

localhero
02-22-2008, 01:50 PM
dietdirect.com
It is amazing how similar the snacks look compared to S4L! They've
got to be the same, huh?
Do I ever feel dumb. This is something everyone new to the
program should know about. I could have saved a boat load
of cash. Oh well, the next time I have to re-order I will know
where to go. Thanks a lot for this link.

LosinginThornton
03-11-2008, 10:33 PM
I couldn't afford the program, but a friend of mine gave me the basics and the food list. I am really having a hard time planning meals. Also, I could just really use some support and encouragement. I'm on week 2. I have the snacks and I've been taking my own version of the EFA's and the multi-vitamin.

Anyone in the North Metro Denver area that would like some support also?

THINMISS
03-15-2008, 02:15 PM
HELLO FELLOW SLIM4LIFERS!

I joined on Tuesday, Down 6.7 pounds :dancer:

I DO NOT take most of the supplements I can't have caffiene.
I AM taking the EFA's & carb blockers only....

I did Step class this morning & FEEL Fabulous!!!!

Good Luck everyone..
Have a super weekend...

...Thinmiss...

Kimble
03-18-2008, 05:08 AM
As of yesterday, I signed up for S4L. It has taken some serious soul searching because in the past I have always been able to lose weight on my own through diet and exercise. Unfortunately, as I've increased in age, seem to be working a **** of a lot more, forgetting about making myself a priority and so forth, I have managed to put on quite a bit of weight.

It's funny how your mind plays tricks on you. I mean, I knew that I had gained the weight and could feel its effects. Yet, everytime I would look in the mirror or see a photo of myself I would convince myself that it wasn't that bad. I have been blessed with two of the most beautiful great nieces and nephew in the world. I spend lots of time with them as they come to visit me often. This past week has simply put everything into perspective for me.

It was hard holding back the tears yesterday when I went into S4L yesterday and did my weigh-in. It was at that exact moment that I finally realized that I have accepted the fact that I have a problem and needed help. I am a proud man. Outgoing, energetic, confident and more so for me to physically walk in and announce to the world that I need help was really tough for me.

I see so many posts and individuals with success stories that here it is at 4:05am CST and I am awake and posting on this site. lol

It's comfortting to know that I am not alone in this journey. I would love to ask for support while provding support in return.

I've noticed that I am in rare company being as I am pretty much one of the only men on this site, but I am not ashamed to admit that yes, I am a man and I need help.

Good luck to everyone!

GODSPEED

Kimble
03-18-2008, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the information. I am a newbie to S4L so this will definitely come in handy!

Kimble
03-18-2008, 05:15 AM
Hi Kmisbell! I am in the KC area as well! How is the S4L program working for you thus far?

Kimble
03-18-2008, 05:22 AM
Congratulations Photoguy! I am proud of you as I am sure everyone is as well!

Never thought I would ever see myself supporting a Kansan! Just kidding!

GO TIGERS!

laniek
03-20-2008, 09:24 PM
I just started S4L and I am on day 2 of my prep phase....ITS KILLING ME!!!!!! I just want a cookie or something. My goal is to lose 25 lbs. in 12 weeks. I am a total choco-holic:chockiss: and I am worried that I will be so tempted by all the goodies. WILL POWER WILL POWER WILL POWER!!!!!!

rgoode
03-30-2008, 06:08 PM
I see after reading all of these posts- I am not alone! I joined slim for life on fri (3/28) and started my prep phase today (Sun). The start of the day was great but my head is screaming for sugar. Hopefully, tomorrow's plea's won't be as loud!

febboys
03-31-2008, 09:05 PM
I also follow the s4l program. Started 4 weeks ago down 22lbs.

laniek
04-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I am going on my 2nd week of S4L. I lost 5 lbs. in the prep phase...but I've gained 2 of them back. I am getting kind of discouraged. I am having a hard time coming up with different recipes. This is a little more difficult than I anticipated. Any advice??? :?:

febboys
04-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Well I gained too after coming off the prep. I think our bodies are adjusting to having starches. It will come off. Stick to plan...i know some days are discouraging but it does work!

Meal ideas....I do chicken tacos in the crockpot.

3-4 boneless skinless breasts
Throw into crockpot frozen
Fill with water to almost cover chicken.
Add cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and Mrs Dash original blend no salt.
I just use more cumin than anything since it gives it that mexican taste.
Add 1/2 chopped tomato

Cook on low for 6-8hrs...so yummy, Get the whole wheat low carb, low fat tortillas....

rgoode
04-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Same here on weight loss after Prep...lost 7, gained 2 on next day weight in. I had to laugh, the lady asked me "Are you wearing different clothing than when you weighed in yeasterday?"
I fell out of my chair laughing (I don't think she appriciated it). I responded, "No ma'am, I put on clean clothes every day whether I eed to or not!"

laniek
04-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Well I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one! I am going in today for my 3rd weigh in this week. Hopefully I will not have gained any more weight!!!!:crossed:

Good luck everyone!!!

KatyeMO
04-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Hello everyone! I just started today and I didn't have to do the prep phase because I am a vegetarian. Are there any other vegetarian Slim 4 Life gals our there? They told me my weight loss would be slower b/c I don't eat animal protein so I was wondering if that would hold true or not?

Mika1
04-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi! i started on Feb 5th/08. My original weight was 157, I'm 133 now ( 25 inches off). Was it easy----no!!!!!!!!!!! but its possible=-----good luck!!!!

shugrl
04-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Hi there. I am new to this forum and am new to Slim4Life and looking for suppport groups or somewhere to share ideas since there really is not time when you go to weigh in. If there is anyone still out there, I would love to connect with you so we can share our journey and encourage each other.
I did start a blog through this site and hoping to keep up with my trials and successes.
anyone else in the Kansas City area ever want to meet to talk about how you are making this work, I am open to that as well as online supporters.
Good luck everyone!
Heather (aka: shugrl)

TK64
04-12-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm just getting ready to sign up next week - I'm a little nervous about sticking to it but the monetary committment is going to keep me doing my best. I would love to keep up with folks just starting out on the plan. I am in the twin cities but the internet makes it easy to connect with S4Lers all over!! I'll post again once I get signed up and start the 3-day prep....

take care all!
Theresa (aka: TK)

localhero
04-14-2008, 06:27 PM
If you follow the program, you will lose weight. Get rid of every vice in your home. Once you start to lose, and you will lose quickly, you will gain control over your cravings. Getting on that scale, and seeing numbers you haven't seen in years is quite a kick. I've dropped 45lbs since Jan 7. I'm not proud, but I haven't worked out once. I've cut my social life down considerably-that's ok though--- My favorite tv shows are on the Foodnetwork lol ! I also enjoy watching Survivorman- heck that guy lives for 7 days eating and drinking some bad stuff- and practically starves. You look at all you get to eat, and its a feast! Eventually, you'll be getting compliments from people you least expect, those are the nice times, because you know they are sincere. You have to force yourself to drink all that water, but do it. I've got 20 more lbs, to my goal....its been hard, but definitely worth every minor inconvenience- you will change your eating habits forever- you will never, ever be the same, you will be better than before. So suck it up, drink water eat everything you are supposed to eat, don't skip anything. Lastly, avoid eating your starches and carbs late at night- if possible eat most of them early to midday---do not cheat on yourself, or this diet-- unless you are destined to live a life of guilt-- and failure- this diet is too good to not give it 100%- you will lose the weight and fast! Ps..you will be going to the bathroom a ton, early on....so plan your car trips accordingly :)

THINMISS
04-16-2008, 10:14 AM
WELL....
just back from Weigh in...
I've been on S4L since 3/11/08....
I've Only Lost 13 Pounds was put on a 2 Day Protein Plateau Breaker...
My body is in Stravation mode so , No Kidding, they give me 2 days of only 900 cals.
I was on Plan 3... I WAS working out, now they tell me I'm not losing because I work out TOO much...
I invested TOO MUCH $$$$$ to stop... I have no energy...
THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME VENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Thinmiss...

localhero
04-16-2008, 10:23 PM
WELL....
just back from Weigh in...
I've been on S4L since 3/11/08....
I've Only Lost 13 Pounds was put on a 2 Day Protein Plateau Breaker...
My body is in Stravation mode so , No Kidding, they give me 2 days of only 900 cals.
I was on Plan 3... I WAS working out, now they tell me I'm not losing because I work out TOO much...
I invested TOO MUCH $$$$$ to stop... I have no energy...
THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME VENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Thinmiss...

I too have been very tired, at the end of the day. Then I ask myself, did I remember to take my salt? Nope, I forgot...So, I'm going to start taking my salt every morning. We'll see if that makes a difference in my energy level. You've been working out and still not dropping? How many pounds do you want to lose to hit your goal? If you are within 15-20 pounds I hear things slow down. Are you keeping your diary updated? The investment is substantial, work those counselors for everything....Hang in there, your body may be stubborn, but you will get there- Also, try not weighing yourself everyday- that can set the tone for your whole day- so back off on the scale, follow the plan, and I'll bet the scale talks to you in a good way next time!!

THINMISS
04-17-2008, 08:21 AM
GOOD MORNING LOCAL HERO,

Thank You for posting...........
yes, I do the MLS I do shooters in the morning....
You are right I only need to lose 5-10 more Pounds............
Maybe THAT is My Problem!
I am going to Florida for a week on Saturday & almost dreading the FOOD issues I'll be faced with...............:devil:

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY OUT THERE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Thinmiss...

localhero
04-20-2008, 01:07 AM
How's everyone doing out there? Has anyone come up with a killer (favorite)recipe that they can share for the S4L plan? That has been my biggest challenge is to mix it up and make some things that taste really good, but still work with in the program. If I see another chicken breast I might barf...lol. Oh wait, I ate that for dinner!

photoguy
04-26-2008, 12:21 PM
I like to buy the frozen fish filets. They are less strain on the wallet than fresh and if you prepare them right, then you won't notice the difference.
I use those Steamer Bags (i believe they are Ziploc's) and steam my fish. I add Mrs. Dash seasoning to the fish before I cook it in the microwave. If you take one of your frozen filets, put it in a steamer bag, sprinkle seasonings on top(MLS, pepper, Mrs. Dash of your choice) then pop it in the microwave for 3-5 minutes(depending on your micro) and voila, a fresh piece of steamed fish that has great flavor.
Now, it's not the best you will ever have, but for $5 for 3 pieces of tuna, I can sacrifice a little quality.
I also like to use the steamer bags of frozen vegetables. You can often find them for less than a dollar a bag and they are so simple to make.
After I follow the bag's directions, I put them in a container with MLS, pepper, Mrs. Dash, and some of my diet butter and that makes me like 4 servings that stay pretty crispy over the next several days. I like the Italian seasoning for green beans and the chipotle seasoning for broccoli(trust me, it's great)
I know these aren't anything too fancy and S4L will probably tell you that they would prefer fresh over frozen, but I continue to lose weight and it works for me. I hope this works for you too.

Continued success with S4L. Despite my goal on here, I will change that when I hit it. So I still have a ways to go.

TK64
04-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi all -
I signed up on this message board as well as a yahoo message board for slim for life - I have TONS of trouble getting this one to load for me so I almost never post anything - tho I do try to read yours. Does anyone else have any trouble with this website loading? It always locks up and it doesn't matter what computer I am on. If it keeps doing it I'm going to just start going to the yahoo board and forget this one - it's too frustrating!

help if you can!!!

Way to go to all of you - and I hope to hear more!!

ahealthyexample
04-28-2008, 01:26 PM
I started Slim4life about 5 weeks ago and am down 14 lbs, which I am very excited about, however, I am looking for some variety. So far I have been too worried about eating the wrong thing, so I only eat plain grilled chicken and fish right now. I don't understand how the soups and other meal things work. I am currently allowed 1 bar and 1-2 protien drinks a day. If I do something like the vegitarian sloppy joes, does that count as one of those? I'm so confused!

Thanks!

TK64
04-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi 'healthy example'!
As I understand it, there are some differences in the way the different states have their 'system' set up but the basics are about the same. I have learned a TON of ideas from the yahoo message board for Slim for Lifers...but basically whatever your plan says you can have, the thermosnacks do NOT count as a protein. I am in MN and we have a sheet that lists all the thermosnacks - it's in two columns, column A has everything like the drinks, soups, etc. and column B has the bars. Here, we are allowed either two items from column A or one from A and one from B - but NOT two from B. Meaning we can have one bar a day but not two, or you can have two other snacks and no bar if you want.
I also bought the cookbook they sell - lots of ideas for recipes - and invest in several varieties of Mrs. Dash - you can sprinkle it on the chicken or fish for a variety of flavors - highly recommended by everyone, counselors included!
If you use one of the soup mixes in a recipe, that DOES count as one of your thermosnacks that day - so keep that in mind.
If you need more ideas, get signed up on the yahoo message board as well, there are a LOT of people there who post tons of stuff - very motivating and helpful - and I have no trouble getting to that site, where here I have issues with the site loading quite often!
Good luck!:carrot:

ahealthyexample
04-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Thank you Tk64! That is very helpful. Yes, that is how we do it too, 1 drink and 1 bar per day or 2 drinks, so I guess I can still cook with 1 of the soups and still have 1 bar that day. I believe that is what you are saying anways. Wish I had received that chart. I will ask about it next time. I will check the yahoo message board too. Thanks for the help!

gaia3
05-08-2008, 01:01 PM
I am truly inspired by your weightloss, Photoguy! Amazing!!

Kstategrad07
05-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Hey Everyone! I have been on slim4life for 9 weeks and have lost a little over 25lbs! I'm 50lbs from my goal! Does anyone know of any good carb blockers that are cheaper than from the center?

TK64
05-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Hi -
I've gotten some supplements from people on craigslist or ebay who have quit the program or who just ended up with extras. Give them a try!

Since no one has been able to give me advice on getting this site to load easier for me, I'm going to unsubscribe and just stop in once in a great while - mostly I use the yahoo board but I like this one too - WHEN I can get it work. It's just too frustrating!

Good luck to all of you - this program DOES work as long as we work the program!

TK

Kstategrad07
05-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Since no one has been able to give me advice on getting this site to load easier for me, I'm going to unsubscribe and just stop in once in a great while - mostly I use the yahoo board but I like this one too - WHEN I can get it work. It's just too frustrating!

Do you have link to the yahoo board? I looked last night and couldn't find it...

Thanks!

denvergirl
05-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi, I'm new to S4L and found this forum. I was reading some posts about getting Thermo-Snacks online. Can you tell me if I can buy online since I'm new to the program or do I have to buy them at my S4L center? I really want this program to work but would like to save a little money wherever I can. Getting ready to retire and not sure I can afford to dole out a big chunk of money on a limited income. I'm on day 3 of prep and have lost 4 pounds so far.

momons4l
07-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi Ladies - I just started S4L yesterday - Glad to have found this forum. Does anyone have any great recipes for the program that they would like to share. Or tips on making it through? I lost my first 50 on my own - now I need the structure of a program - but giving up all sugar is KILLING me already. I have a horrible sweet tooth.

maggio
10-19-2008, 05:47 PM
I am on the slim 4 life too. This is my second week and I am struggling, I am tired of chicken,I don't like fish and there aren't enough different vegetables that I like. All the ads say you can eat out but so far no one has told me what I could eat if I go out. If I had known more before geeting suckered in I would probable have tried something else.

Kstategrad07
10-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Maggio~

You can do it! It will get easier! I am almost done with my weight loss portion of the plan. I have lost 60lbs and have 15lbs left. After about a month my cravings went away, ya stuff still looked good but I was able to control it. I have even cooked for other people stuff I can't eat myself!

A variation for chicken that makes it really moist and yummy is marinading it in fat free Italian dressing. Delish! As for the veggies I eat a lot of romaine lettuce salads, tomatos, red bell peppers (they are sweeter than green), cucumbers, steamed green beans, steamed broccoli, and steamed broccoli/cauliflower mix.

You totally can eat out! A good dish I like at Applebees is their garlic herb chicken, its newer on the weight watchers menu. It has a great garlic herb sauce on it which I was told was fat free itailan dressing and an herb mixture, steamed broccoli, and a few baby potatoes (which I eat instead of a baked potato). In general grilled chicken, steaks, shrimp, and grilled fish are pretty safe to eat when going out to eat. I have eaten out quite a bit on the plan and I have been pretty successful!

I know its a lot of the same repetitive foods, but to me it was worth it! I love my new body...and I'm still loosing! So far I have went down 10 pant sizes...and the size I am in is starting to get too big! I am super excited, and my weight loss has motivated my boss to join Slim4Life! I know you can do it! Just hang in there! :hug:

~Amanda~

fitwoman44
10-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I just started Slim 4 life about a week ago. Has anyone had a problem with bloating and constipation?

mandarae
11-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Hey all! New to the boards, and to a hopeful weightloss. I begin my 3 day prep this Wed. Ive gone out and bought all the goods I CAN enjoy for those three days. Im just wondering what to look forward to at the nutrition meeting that im attending on Friday. Also, any and all recipes to get me through the first 3 days, would be amazing. Nice to be on board with others! If anyone is participating at the Shawnee location, let me know! I would love to hear from others from this location!

mcarbaugh
11-05-2008, 12:14 AM
I am starting Monday on Slim 4 life along with my husband. He doesn't have that much to loose as I do. I would love to have someone I can talk to and help support during this journey. I have tried so many different diets and never have been successful. My problem is I love potatoes, pasta and bread and i am an emotional eater. I am hoping that this diet is the one for me and will help me finally. Any help or support I can get would be great. Thanks

mcarbaugh
11-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Hey Everyone! I have been on slim4life for 9 weeks and have lost a little over 25lbs! I'm 50lbs from my goal! Does anyone know of any good carb blockers that are cheaper than from the center?

you can go to bariatricchoice.com you can get carb blockers and other pills much cheaper and they are the same ingredients.

mandarae
11-05-2008, 10:45 AM
I am starting Monday on Slim 4 life along with my husband. He doesn't have that much to loose as I do. I would love to have someone I can talk to and help support during this journey. I have tried so many different diets and never have been successful. My problem is I love potatoes, pasta and bread and i am an emotional eater. I am hoping that this diet is the one for me and will help me finally. Any help or support I can get would be great. Thanks

Hey there, I just started my 3 day prep today. Would love to chat sometime. I love all the same foods, so I know this is going to be killer for me to try and get through. Feel free to give me a shout anytime, would love to talk more!

Kstategrad07
11-06-2008, 07:42 AM

Hey! I was the same way...I loved pasta, bread & everything that had a lot of carbs in it! I also not only ate emotionally, but when I was bored too. I had tried other diets and I got discouraged when I got to a plateau and didn't know what to do, so I quit...S4L tells you what to do! I have been on S4L since March and I am 10lbs away from my goal. It really hasn't been too difficult for me. My husband isn't on the plan and he eats other food around me all the time! Every time I think about going off plan I realize its just going to make it take longer so I don't cheat. I am ready to be done!

In the past few months I have been around lots of people eating other food plus I keep a candy jar at my desk at work. It seems like being around other food and having the candy jar there has made me stronger because I now know I can say no! Before if someone offered me something most of the time I would say yes...now I can say no!

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anymore info!:hug:

Mickblu
01-03-2009, 10:10 PM
I have been on the S4L for 6 weeks and have lost 14 lbs. I am supposed to be able to reach my goal weight in 10 weeks. I don't see that happening, but due to my own fault over the holidays and having a few alcoholic beverages. I am doing the fast/flush to get over the first hurtle and get back on track. If you think the normal amount of water is a lot try losing a fruit and starch and adding 8-16 more ounces of water a day. Luckily the Thermoboost tastes pretty good and helps get that water down faster and after even a day I have lost weight again so it is worth it.

Another website that has the food is mydietshopz.com instead of the 16.00 a box you can get the snacks for around $10.00.

I think this is a great program and I love the 1 on 1 instead of the W.W. group meetings. I have a co-worker doing that program and it is so hard for me to hear that if she loses any weight at all it is only about a pound a week. So I already feel way ahead. My husband is just starting to get interested in the program since he has seen that I have been able to stick with it and is getting ready to give it a try too. I have my fingers crossed and have shown him the posts from the other men that this program isn't just for women. :cool:

ilovemydog
01-05-2009, 02:01 PM
I have a few questions about this plan - after reading a few of the posts, it appears that it's NOT just eating cookies and a lean dinner...there are pills involved. Is this correct?

ilovemydog
01-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Kstategrad07

I have questions for you and tried to send u a private email but could not...I guess it's because I'm so new. Can you send me one? Thanks! The questions are about your amazing loss with slim4life.

Thanks!

Nikole333
01-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi!
So I am just starting the Slim4Life. I am on the 2nd day of the 3 day cleanse. I lost 2.5 lbs the first day. I have decided that raw broccoli is absolutely disgusting! I have to force myself to swallow! I would also like support and people to talk to who are going through this too! My dad did s4l and lost 56 lbs in 13 weeks and has kept it off for a year! I am very excited!!! I am supposed to be at my goal by Memorial Day (hopefully sooner) I am getting married July 4th so that is a huge motivator! Does anyone know if excercise puts a damper on your results? I have read that it does but I hate not working out.

Kstategrad07
01-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Kstategrad07

I have questions for you and tried to send u a private email but could not...I guess it's because I'm so new. Can you send me one? Thanks! The questions are about your amazing loss with slim4life.

Thanks!

Hi ilovemydog,

I can't send private messages either...I don't have 10 posts yet. What questions do you have. I would love to help you because it has been so great for me! I just started the second week of stabilization today, and I have lost 72.5lbs. Its so awesome! I have never been thin, and I am wearing pant sizes that I have never been able to fit into! :D

Let me know what questions you have!

kthack01
01-07-2009, 03:40 PM
I am on my 4th day of the program. I would love to buddy up. My whole family is on the plan and I'm looking for recipes.

Nikole333
01-07-2009, 04:10 PM
I have a ton of recipes because I bought the cookbook. I would HIGHLY suggest buying the cook book as it has a ton of ideas! I am also on day 4. Today so far I had a piece of toast with I cant believe its not butter, a scrambled egg, an apple, milk. For lunch I had half can of tuna with my tbsp of mayo on toast with a tomato and lettuce and I am having grilled chicken with a salad and an orange. so far so good! :carrot:
I lost 6lbs on the 3 day cleanse and hope to keep it up! Where are you from?

luvmylabs1964
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Hello!

Today is day one of the three day cleanse for me. I would like to hear, share, support with fellow users on S4L to hear their stories.

Momwithtwins
02-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Hi!

Yesterday was the start of my 3rd week on S4L. So far I have lost 8 lbs and a few days in there I gained 1-2 back due to falling off the wagon. I am looking for support here with other S4L members and possibly sharing recipes as I am learning quickly that I can't eat the same stuff day in and day out! :)

mizzlena
02-07-2009, 05:40 AM
This sounds like La Weight loss, you eat by a scheduled meal plan and eat two bars a day . The bars are provided by the center. they cost about $14 per box. If this is the same plan, it works you have to stick to it. In 2003 I went in weighing 238, I left in 30 weeks losing 75 pounds. Since then I have put back on the weight due to pregnancy and life changes. Thinking of going back. Can you tell me how your slim 4 life works, does it sound the same as La Weight loss

MSSAMANTHA
02-14-2009, 11:51 PM
I joined Slim4Life on Monday the 9th, started the 3 day "detox" on Tuesday and as of Friday have lost 7.4 lbs. I'm thrilled to be past the 3 day diet and on to a combination of fruits, veggies, and proteins! So far, I love this diet. I eat so often that I never feel hungry and I'm fairly disciplined when held accountable so I think I'll do well (especially since it to a bite out of my pocket!). I'd love to hear more recipes others use with the suppliments, etc.

Floprieto
02-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Hi everyone!

i was wondering if the supplements were mandsatory and if some people were losing weight without them. I am exclusively breastfeeding my almost 5 months old son and i do not want to take anything that could be harmful to him...

Also i was wondering if you could give me an idea of how much the program cost... I saw an ad for $6/week. Is it accurate?

Also, how much does the grocery food cost? Is it really expansive or affordable?

Thanks

abraflynn
03-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Jackie, it's so funny that you say you're tall and your weight kinda balances out, because that's the same issue I have, which isn't necessarily a bad thing :) I think I've talked myself into doing Slim 4 Life, so I'm hoping that works. Good to know that I can talk to someone else about it on-line. Thanks!

Abbie

slbickett
06-07-2009, 05:21 PM
I lost 45 pounds on Slim 4 Life last year (2008). It wasn't hard but like any program you have to dedicate yourself to suceed. I reached my goal right before Halloween and have kept if off for 7 months now. Wow has it really been that long? I think there are other great programs out there too but Slim 4 Life was definitely what I needed.

txgal
06-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Hi, I just joined the plan here in TX and so far so good. I am on my 2nd week and so far I am down 10.8 pounds. I would like to exchange recipes with someone because I am running out of ideas and VERY much need variety. I too am a WW lifetime member but I felt that I really needed the one on one counceling.

DipFalcon
06-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey All,

I've been on S4L for a week now and have lost 10 lbs. The problem I'm experiencing is fatigue. Mid-afternoon, usually after I've taking my protein bar. The thermo-boost doesn't seem to do much for it. The counselors tell me they think its withdrawal from pre-diet food, but I don't really buy that. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so, what have they done to combat it?

sluggo44
07-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Anyone still posting that is on Slim 4 life? I joined the group over on yahoo and they are awesome. Today is my last day of the 3 day prep. My class is at 5:30 today and I'm pretty excited and anxious to start the actual program

cs1819
08-01-2009, 01:28 PM
I just started prep yesterday. I used to work as a weight loss counselor at Slim4Life and I went from 155 to 135 in a couple months. It has been one year since I have worked there and I am at 175 :( But I feel very confident that I am in the same state of mind I was when I was working there and I am ready to do this. I was at JCP's the other day clothes shopping. Tried on 3 shirts all Large and I looked preggo :( I left 5 minutes later. No clothes for me. I am not going higher again! I feel so amazing compared to 2 days ago. Plus I was all bloated (if ya know what I mean) so that did not help! But I am super excited, I will visit the gym today or tomorrow to see what my weigh-in is! :)

kseedorff
10-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm doing slim for life. I have a friend who lost over 150 pounds and has kept it off for over a year. i have always cared about being bigger but no real motivation. well now i'm getting married next june! I am so scared about taking this step and my first day of preparatory was today. i want chex mix and donuts, but i'm staying strong. i hope people continue to get on because i have no one who understands right now.

ajowens
10-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Is there anyone in here that is still actively doing slim4life?

jessiek
10-31-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi, I joined slim4life (now Slimgenics) in Aug. My starting weight was 153, I'm now at 136. It's been pretty easy most of the time. I do crave wine/beer sometimes and allow myself some but then I go without a fruit and a carb, and have more water. I have 6 lbs. to go. Yesterday and today, I'm doing a plateau breaker since I haven't lost in a week. My concern is that once I start to add in more foods, I'll gain weight. Does anyone know how the stabilization/maintenance phase works?

170goal
11-10-2009, 07:09 PM
I joined Slim4Life in October 2009. I have asthma and I have been on steroids shots and pills, which is making it so difficult to lose. I started at 220.4 and last week, weighed 205.0. Please let me know, if you live in the area. I attend Southlake, Texas location and the staff is wonderful. However, it would help to be able to share the slim4life diet with others. I am so excited to find this site for 3 fat chicks slim4life. Thank you!!!!!

jabunney
02-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Hey I just started today, I am on the 3 day cleanse! I would love to be your buddy!

Hey,

I just started the Slim 4 Life plan. I know most people probably haven't heard of it since the centers are mainly in Colorado, Minnesota and Kansas. So far it seems to be a great diet plan, but having been used to the Weight Watcher's enviornment and having group meetings and being able to connect with people online - I'm finding the Slim 4 Life plan challenging because it's just one to one meetings with a diet counselor and I don't get anyone else's opinion about the diet, whats working and whats not.

So I'm hoping that someone else out there is doing the plan and is also looking for a Slim 4 Life Diet Buddy to share challenges, tips and encouragement with along the way.

If anyone's interested PM me.

Have a great day!

Tonya

Carabear
02-23-2010, 03:54 PM
I just started Slimgenics. Today is my first day in the 3 day slim start phase. Based on what I have been reading Slimgenics and Slim4Life are the same thing. So far everything is going good, but I feel the same way you do as I would like to speak with someone who has been doing it for awhile. Specifically, why do we have to buy the thermo snacks?

darlenahay
02-27-2010, 04:51 PM
I just finished my first week with Slim4Life. I lost 4.4 pounds and am ecstatic about that. I need some food ideas so I don't get bored with what I'm doing. Every night has been a chicken stir fry w/ asparagas & mushrooms. It tastes great but need new ideas. I have so many questions about what is accepted and what is not. I am on Plan 2 for 22 weeks. I am very motivated because I should be at goal in time for our 25th Wedding Anniversary in August. Let's be BUDDIES!!!!:

Virgo26
02-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi guys! I just joined slim4life and today is the first day of cleanse. Would love to have slim4life buddies :).

TexasKari
02-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Hello S4L people! I hadn't been on this thread before as it seemed to be inactive. I've been doing the program now since June 15. Going into my 38th week and I've lost 122 pounds and more than 58 inches now!

Someone asked why we need to do the snacks. My theory is that its a way for them to have calculated the calories into the plan for us as we're in weight loss phase. The snacks are made out of vegetable proteins and there's a wide variety so something is going to work for you. From what my husband says about some of the bar supplements verses the ones he's found at Costco or Walmart, ours are better. ;-) They taste better, don't have to worry about whether or not the ingredients are on plan and they are easy to grab and go as I run out the door. The juice drinks I use to get at least 1 Thermoboost in as I don't like the taste of the boost by itself.

Food recipes: Most times, my veggies I eat the amount allowed in raw form as a finger salad or 1 or 2 1/2 choices with lettuce. Once in a while I'll do cooked veggies or toss with the protein I've chosen. I'm at a point now where I really don't care WHAT I'm eating, just need to get in the required amounts and other things have my focus. FINALLY I can say I am "eating to live, not living to eat". I still LOVE food and use spices to make the proteins taste better, add tomatoes in with protein for an "Italian" flavored meal etc. Try to change things up and don't get into a rut of ONLY eating a certain type of protein, vegetable, or starch.

MAKE sure you get in the tablespoon of good fats and your 1/2 tsp of Morton's Lite Salt. Must Must Must get the water in!

Remember, if you can stick to the list, get in what they ask you to get in, take the pills, you'll loose faster and get to your goal much quicker. If you aren't able to, or have problems with something, talk to the counselors. They are there to help you!

Um..if you have other questions...ask me. :-)

Oh and if you got the apple oatmeal or start to crave a muffin ask your center for the oatmeal muffin recipe! Or I can give it to you. They turned into my "birthday cake" =). Plus 3 muffins is a supplement! yummy and almost too filling.

Virgo26
02-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Thankyou for the informative post kari. I wanted to know if so far I have eaten okay. I had 2 eggs, half and orange, half a rotisserie chicken( bought from central market) and just now I have beef patties mixed with morton lite salt, onions, garlic, cayenne/black pepper and green chillies cooking in the oven. I am probably going to eat half a pound of them. I also had spinach raw and going to eat more green veggies and four bottles of water so far. Is that okay?

Virgo26
02-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Also the metabloizer has gelatin in it and I don't eat pork. So I need to ask my counselor tomorrow what can I take instead. I hope she would have some options for me.

TexasKari
03-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Hi Virgo. You're still doing the cleanse, right? I'm really not sure whatall is on the plan for the cleanse as I was actually too heavy to do it when I started. Apparently being over 300lbs it was considered a health risk and too much of a shock to the body. I've done other things since and will be doing 2 days of intense proteins (2-3 lbs!!) on Sat and Sun next weekend.

The only thing that really hits me as possibly not on plan would be the onions? I haven't had any since I started as they are not on the list. But if its just a flavoring, maybe its ok.

As far as gelatin in the metabolizers, I hope they're able to help you come up with a solution. I know a lot of the weight loss is how those metabolizers and the combo of foods allowed is how it works. They've got a "lighter" version for certain dietary needs as far as I know.

Good luck with all of this! Its been an amazing experience and I want to encourage you to work with them at the clinic so you keep up with this.

Virgo26
03-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Thankyou Kari so much! And they told me that I can break up the capsule and sprinkle it on my food :).

Anyone wanna be my e-mail/chat buddy?? I would love to support and motivate :). Thankyou!!!!!!!!!

MOLLIEE C
03-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Hi Virgo,

I just started Slimgenics and just finished Day 2 prep. I had my class tonight and they told me no white onions....only green onions. They said white onions carmelize in our bodies and inhibit weight loss. Otherwise, I think what you are eating looks fine.

After Day 1 of prep, I am down 5.5 pounds......going tomorrow morning to weigh again after Day 2.

Good luck everyone!!

MOLLIEE C
03-03-2010, 01:43 AM
Virgo,

One more thing...... I wouldn't eat the rotisserie chicken. They put seasoning on those chickens and I doubt they are no salt. that is why they taste so good! :)

Did they tell you to try Mrs. Dash? There are many flavors and they are all no salt.

Good luck!

Virgo26
03-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Hi Molliee!!! Wow 5.5 lbs!!! congrats that's wonderful!!! Today is my fourth day and I am down 4.2 lbs. They told me to eat the rotisserie chicken so I did. Well I am so happy for you that you have lost so much weight yaiiiiiiiii!!

MOLLIEE C
03-04-2010, 12:56 AM
4.2 pounds!! Woo hoo!! Way to go Virgo!!

Well, goes to show you what I know about the rotisserie chicken....LOL! I guess that is why we are paying them the money.

I just figured out that if I pay full price and not volume purchase everything ( which I am not going to volume purchase ) it will cost $115 / week for all of the snacks/supplements/herbs/efa's/carb blockers/thermaboost. That is quite a bit more than I expected but I started so I will stick with it now.

As of this morning after 2 prep days, I am down 8.5 pounds so I am happy with the weight loss so far. Today was my last day of prep so anxious to see what my loss is tomorrow morning.

And for any newbies, be sure to do the Morton Lite Salt. I forgot mine yesterday until about 5 p.m. and I felt terrible.....headache, dizziness, etc.

Keep posting your results Virgo..... I will do the same. How much do you have to lose? I need to lose 62 pounds to get to my goal......

Good luck to eveyone!!

jovigirl
03-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Anyone do LA Weight Loss and now on Slim4Life? Sounds like the same program when I went in for my consultation. I am waiting to start the program until I have the money (hopefully next month). In the meantime I am trying to lose some weight on my own like I did with LA Weight Loss. Just struggling with no motivation.

jovigirl
03-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Is anyone doing S4L without the supplements?

jovigirl
03-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Just curious what your favorite thermo snacks are? I am looking at buying thru dietdirect.com but just wondering what the most popular ones are especially when you start craving chocolate.

jovigirl
03-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Can you find the pills anywhere else like a vitamin store? I did that with another program I just compared the ingredients on the bottle with the ones in the Vitamin store. I ended up saving 1/2 of what I was buying them thru the center (LA Weight Loss). Also just wondering if S4L uses the same supplements LA Weight Loss did.

Virgo26
03-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Mollie: 8.5 is AMAZING!!! I can't wait till all of us have met our goal weight. My counselor told me to lose 75 lbs and she said I should be able to in 6 months. I have my fingers crossed :). Also yea the supplements and the whole shabang is pretty expensive. Just last night I found a website where the protein supplements are 10 bux a box. I read the nutrition info and it was exactly the same as S4L. So I dunno I might start ordering from them. But I have a month worth of supply so let's see. I don't know if I can put the link here so I won't.

Jovigirl: I haven't done the LA weight loss and as far as losing without the supplements, you probably will lose weight because the plan is very restricted and it's healthy. But I am pretty sure the pills help the weight loss. I am not really sure about who else would carry the pills. But they are not out of the ordinary so you can probably find something similar at health food stores os GNC like you said.

Good Luck everyone I think I have finally found something that might work :)

Virgo26
03-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Okay guys went to the center today and the final weigh-in for the week is 8.6 lbs :) :). What about you guys??

and also how many metabolizers are you guys taking each day? I am just taking 2 because I think that's all I can handle right now!

MOLLIEE C
03-06-2010, 03:20 AM
Virgo!!!

8.6?? That is fantastic!! Way to go!!! I am going to go to weigh in tomorrow (Saturday) and I will also weigh in on Monday. The Monday weigh in will be my official 1 week.

You must be feeling so great about yourself!! Keep up the good work and remember:

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS!!!

When you ask about the metabolizers, are you referring to the herbal stimulants? Not sure which ones you are talking about. If it is the herbal ones, I am doing the caffeine free ones.

Keep up the good work and stay focused on your end goal, Virgo!!!

Virgo26
03-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Hey Mollie!!!! Do let me know how your weigh in went today??? I am going to go on Monday next. I hope I have lost another 1-2 lbs till then. Can't wait to hear about your progress.

Also how are you eating your proteins??? Like what kind of seasonings and etc???

Virgo26
03-06-2010, 10:42 PM
And yes I am referring to the herbal pills. I didn't even know they had caffeine free ones hmmm! I must ask my counselor!!

MOLLIEE C
03-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Hi Virgo,

I did not weigh in on Saturday like I had planned. I went on a 4 1/2 mile hike instead.

I did my weigh in today and it has been 1 week exactly ( I started last Monday, March 1). After one week, I have lost 9.25 pounds. I am excited about that. After my 3 day prep, I had lost 9.5 pounds so I have actually gained .25 of a pound since last Thursday. I had sore muscles after my hike and they told me that if you get sore muscles, they give off lactic acid and your body send water to that area to help to alleviate the pain so I could be retaining water and that could be the reason for the .25 gain. Who the heck knows? I have not eaten anything off plan since I started and I have been exercising alot so I know the weight will come off.

How are you doing? Keep me posted and keep up the great work!!

MOLLIEE C
03-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Oh, Virgo, and as far as the proteins..

I have been eating chicken chicken chicken chicken..... getting sick of it actually.

I spray a few sprays of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter on my chicken and then put some sort of Mrs. Dash on it. I usually eat my chicken in a Smart and Delicious wheat tortilla (1 starch serving) and I have made my own pico de gallo and put that it with it. Sometimes I make chicken salad with chopped up chicken, celery, and lite mayo and then wrap that in one of the tortillas.

Tonight, I had ahi tuna and I mixed some wasabi in with some lite mayo and dipped my ahi tuna in that. It was pretty good.

Please do tell me how you have been eating your protein....I am running out of ideas and I am only on week 2...... :-)

Virgo26
03-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Hey Mollie I have lots of ideas for protein. I hope you like spicy food, because if you do then I can definitely help you :). I cooked up a storm last night lol. I will post them up tonight. Hey I dont know why but I can't send you a personal message, can you?

MOLLIEE C
03-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Hi Virgo,

I don't know how to post a personal message.... I am not very good at these chat forums. You can email me at my yahoo email. Username is kyllionandtammy. For some reason, it won't let me type the email address into this. So the username of kyllionandtammy and then the @yahoo.com.

I hope this makes sense. :)

How is the plan going today?

I am starving today and I have no idea why.....first time I have felt like this.

I go weigh tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes. How is your weight loss coming?

Oh, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE spicy foods.

Thanks so much.

Also, I am thinking about buying the Slimgenics cookbook to see if I can get some ideas from that.

MOLLIEE C
03-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Virgo, are you in Colorado or Minnesota?

Julicious
03-14-2010, 06:48 PM
I started my slimgenics program today. I am on day 1. I am going to blog about it, so if you have concerns, questions, or want to share ideas, I would love to have any support I can get!

Julie - GOod luck all!!

jandcpardue
03-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Hi! My names Christi, from Ft Worth Texas. I am thinking about joining Slim4life but am a little hesitant. Ive read that its pretty expensive and when I went in for the free consultation they wouldnt tell me what it would cost me monthly for all the supplements. Also, Im a little worried about the supplements after reading several complaints on the BBB website. Does anyone know that has been on the program what is in the supplements? Are they FDA approved? Anyone belong to the Southlake location? Thanks!

Virgo26
03-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Hi guys! Just stopping by real quick to say that I have lost 17.4 lbs in just 3 weeks and I feel amazing. Oh my gosh I am so excited :) :)

jandcpardue
03-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Hi Virgo! Ive been trying to get some help for a few days now with no luck :-( Do you have yahoo? If so can you please message me? I am considering joining but have some questions before I go back in. The lady I got gave me the run around when I asked certain questions. My ID is christi_tx_1976

Thanks!

Virgo26
03-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Hi Jan, sure I would love to help you anyway I can. Is that your e-mail address? I don't have yahoo messenger sorry but give me your e-mail address and I will e-mail you :)

jandcpardue
03-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Oh great! Its christi713 at gmail. Not sure if it lets you put the @ but im sure you can figure it out :-) Ill be waiting for your email!

MOLLIEE C
03-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Virgo!!

Sorry I have been out of touch!

Thanks so much for the recipes....I so much appreciate it!

and 17.4 pounds in 3 weeks........wooooo hoooooo girl!! That is fantastic!!

I have been on for 3 weeks and 3 days..... I have not been in to weigh lately because my car has been in the shop. But, according to my home scale, I think I am down about 14-15 pounds....not quite as good as you but still pleased with it.

Very thrilled for you.

I don't find that this program is that hard to stick with. What about you?

Also, are you taking all of the herbs and carb blockers? I have not been (mostly because I forget).

Way to go and thanks again for the recipes.

I have figured out new meals and some are very yummy! Let me know if you are interested and I will share!!

Take Care.

MOLLIEE C
03-26-2010, 07:45 PM
So, my official loss is 16.25 pounds in 25 days.... very pleased and I feel great! My husband has been following along with me and has lost 12 pounds in 12 days. We are happy! Doesn't feel like a diet....just a good healthy lifestyle for eating.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

Virgo26
03-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi Mollie Wow 16.5 lbs is great :). I went today for a weigh in and I have lost total of 18 lbs in 26 days :). So we are losing about the same. The problem is that I have constantly been constipated and have to drink the cleasing tea to "go" lol. Are you having this problem Mollie? I hadn't used the restroom since Wednesday so there was so weight loss since then. I hate being constipated.

Another question my mom is having a big dinner party tomorrow and she is cooking alot of my favourite foods. I am debating whether I should have one cheat meal tomorrow. I have been so cranky for past 2 days because I have been feeling deprived and hungry and I am wondering if I have one yummy satisfying meal tomorrow I might be okay. I don't know, I am not sure. What do you think?

And yes please send me recipes you have. I would love to try something new.

MOLLIEE C
03-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Hi Virgo! Well, today was the 1st day that I really fell off the program. I had 1 1/2 glasses of wine and several of these chocolate candies at a friend's house. I am going to do the Day 1 of prep tomorrow and see if I can have a good weigh in on Monday. I think that if you want to have a cheat meal, then go for it. Just not all the time. It would be good for your mental state and maybe get you remotivated for the next 28 days....also, I think it kind of tricks your body (kinda like the Body for Life concept). And here is the last point on this...you are still doing better than what you were doing before you started the program..... as long as you still have a loss for the week, then you are good....it may be 1-2 pounds as opposed to the 4-5 that you have been losing but as long as the scale is still going down, it's all gooooooood in my opinion.

Constipation?? Hhhhhmmmm...... well, I have had that problem for many years so it is not just this diet. I go to acupuncture every week and also take a couple of supplements from my chinese medicine doctor for this very problem. I also do the cleansing tea a couple of times per week. So, I can't say that my problems are related to this diet but I do know that a diet high in protein (which this is) can cause those issues. Paleo Fiber is very very good and has done wonders for my problem. I can't post the link here because I have fewer than 25 posts so I will email you with it.

I will email you some recipes.. based on the recipes that you sent to me, you seem like a much better cook than I am. Mine are more simple. ha!

Chat soon!! Keep up the great work!! Are you noticing in your clothes at all yet? I forgot how tall you are....I think you told me. I am 5'9" so it takes a bit for me to notice but my jeans are definitely looser.

Virgo26
03-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Thankyou for your advice Mollie :). But I couldn't cheat last night because I was so traumatized by the thought of gaining a pound or two back and also because I feel so gross because I haven't used the restroom since wednesday now. My stomach feels so hard and heavy and I am definitely bloated. Ughhh!!!! I am about to go to a pharmacy and pick up docolax or whatever it's called and miralax. But since I am uncomfortable the food didn't even look tempting at all.
But I think a glass of wine and some candy in a whole month does not sound bad to me. OMG can you imagine we have spent a whole month eating healthy and now we are feeling bad for something that we used to do every night lol. I am probably going to binge any day now but it will be planned so I will know how many calories I am putting in my body. I am going to a wedding in two weeks in Houston and I should probably save my cheat day for then.
My clothes are fitting awesome and yea my jeans are looser too. I had forgotten how much fun it was to try on clothes and feel good about how they look on your body. I can't wait till I can fit into designer jeans woohoo. Okay girl I would love to do a chat. I am so excited for both of out weight loss and can't wait till we are both at a size where we can be 100% satisfied :) :). Take care and yes e-mail me.

Virgo26
03-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Never mind I take my last post back. I totally just binged and I AM SO HAPPY!!!!! I don't know what came over me. I was looking for an orange but my hands automatically went towards "real food" and I made myself a nice big plate. But I could only eat half of it and my body said stop. I wanted to keep eating but my stomach was so full. So I put rest of the food back and I am about to go eat some veggies to balance it out maybe I will wait a little. I will let you know how my weigh in goes tomorrow. Last time I went to weigh in on Friday I was 252 lbs lol so yea lets see.

Virgo26
04-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Reporting final weight loss for the week: 5.4 lbs :) :)

adcharbs
04-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Good Morning All,

I'm just starting Slim4Life today. I didn't go and buy the program, I got it from a friend. I'm hoping that I can make it work.

I just hope I can stick with it!

Good Luck to All!

:carrot:

Raeofsun
04-15-2010, 09:13 PM
HI all,

I have not done S4L but my mom did and lost 60 lbs, I myself lost 40lbs on MRC (Metabolic Research Center). The programs were similar and the suppliments, like the protein drinks were identical. I have since been research and checking out MRC thread and there are lots of great tips and posts about were to buy some of the "knock off" suppliments and drinks, puddings, etc. Online cheaper. I did some of the research for my mom as well.

Just thought I would share, as my mom's program cost alot more than MRC. I want to help her save money since she is retired and thought I would share.

Dietdirect.com - has all the protein drinks that we drink on MRC they are liquid protein drinks they are under the brand name Protidiet.

Bariwise and Wonderslim have I think identical products to S4L. These can be found on diet direct as well. Try googling these by name there are multiple sites that cost alot less than what they sell at the centers wether it be MRC or S4L.

Thermo boost - I've only found it on http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/index.php

under the name of - Quick Boost - I think it was around $20.00 a box

Anyway, for inspiration and other ideas stop by the Metabolic Research Center forum. There is also a thread for recipes. I know it's not quite the same as S4L but I think there are parts of the plans that are interchangeable.

Good luck on your diet and healthy life style jouney

peacelovejhawks
04-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Hey I am looking for a good place to blog about my journey on slim 4 life or talk about it with some people. I think it would really help this process...I just started my prep phase this morning. I looking to be at my goal weight by my birhday (july 6th) 10 weeks!

Anyone just start, or been on it for a little while?

How has the journey been, struggles, hard parts of it? But better yet, any good things too! :)

silentjourney1
04-28-2010, 02:00 AM
I am a newbie starting the slim4life diet on 4/28. I was browsing the net and came upon this forum. I am totally thrilled to have found this forum. A friend gave me the diet and 2 weeks ago I started the multi-vitamins and flaxseed oil. Today I made a grocery list and went shopping. Tonight I am up late preparing food to take to work tomorrow night. I work 12 hr shifts, so this is going to be a real challenge.
One thing I really became aware of during these 2 weeks of the above mentioned supplements is that I ate constantly....lots of junk....because I was malnourished. My body was starving for nourishment and these 2 weeks on the vitamins and flaxseed oil I don't feel so hungry all the time. I am excited about this revelation and knowing this helps me have a more positive attitude about changing my eating habits. I am raring to go tomorrow!!!
lovepeacejhawks, if you want a buddy, we live really close to one another. Let me know! silentjourney1

PattyGaribay
04-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Hello,

My name is Patty. I just started S4L today 04/28/2010. This is my second time doing it though. The first time I did it was back in 2005. I only did it for about 6 or 7 weeks and then I stopped because I was bad. I thought it was expensive, but that is probably why I was able to stick with it for as long as I did. I know 6-7 weeks it's not a lot, but that is the longest I have been able to stay on a diet. (Yes, I know it's embarasing) When I started the diet I was very depressed and my self esteem was VERY LOW. When I started the diet back in 2005 I weighed 162 lbs. during the 6-7 weeks that I did the diet I only lost 14 lbs. I know it sounds like very little weight in 6-7 weeks, but boy I lost a lot of sizes. I went from a size 14 which fit me very tight to a size 8 in that period of time. I was working out 4-5 times per week and I know I build muscle easily so I think that was probably why I didn't see a whole lot of loss in lbs, but it was more in inches. I did not keep track of my measurements as far as inches go, but know I lost a lot because like I said I went from a size 14 to a size 8 in that very short period of time. I remember that when I did the diet I felt very happy, very energized, SUPER HEALTHY. The next thing I'm about to tell you will sound weird, because it is hard to explain, but its true. Eventhough I had been a size 8 in the past (before S4L) I had a tummy
and love handles and I've always had a problem with my back. I always have rolls on my back when I gain weight (I hate it). Well after loosing weight on S4L and going down to a size 8 I looked darn GOOD!! My stomach was completly FLAT!!, NO ROLLS ANYWHERE. I could sit and still my stomack was FLAT! I FELT SEXY!! Like never before in my life. I just felt great. My mistake was when I went to a birthday party. My plan was to go to the party
but I was not going to eat anything because I knew that the food was going to be wonderful, but completely borbidden in S4L. But I let my husband convinced me. He said: "Go ahead and eat something and then tomorrow you can go back on the diet" Well I ate and after that I noticed I was telling myself You can eat a little more here and there and from cheating one day I went to cheating every day until Iwas completely off the diet eating everything and anything I wanted. I gained all the weight back and more. I went back to a size 14. I know this diet is good because it took me about 8 months to get back into size 14. I know this diet works which is why Im doig it again. I'm not joining S4L because I still have all the info. instead of the protein bars they have I'm just eating the S'mores Luna bar. I did the diet about a year ago for about 2 weeks eating the Luna bars and it still worked and the Luna bars taste much better than the S4L bars.

I just want to tell everyone who's new to the diet that IT DOES WORK!! It is hard because you do get bored after a while because there is only so much you can eat and you do get bored of the food, but the feeling of feeling beautiful because you are thin is PRICELESS!!!!!! I will post again to let you
know about my progress. I did not do 3 day of protein because I lost the info and when I called S4L they did not want to give me the info because they said that I'm no longer a member although I remember when I signed up they told me that I would be a lifetime member and had access to all that. No biggie though. I will still loose the weight!!!!

My current weight is 190 Lbs and I look forward to sharing my progress with you all.

Patty Garibay :)

PattyGaribay
05-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Hello

Today is Saturday 05/01/2010. So far I have been on the Slim4Life Diet 3 days. Today is only my 4th day and it is 12:36PM Mtn Time. My starting weight was 190 Lbs. Today I weighed my self in the AM and I weight 183 Lbs.

I think Slim4Life is hard because there area lot of restrictions. I am salt lover and I also eat a lot of carbs. I will probably take me a couple of weeks to adjust . But the diet while its hard it works like a miracle. I have lost 7 Lbs in 3 days. I know most of it is probably water, but I still like getting on the scale and seeing the #s go down. I probably retained a lot of water before the diet because like I said I like salt and salt makes you retain water I guess that is one of the reasons they advice you to eat only Lite Salt and only very little of it.

I love the results so far!

Patty Garibay

silentjourney1
05-02-2010, 02:15 PM
glad to see such good progress!! I got off to a rocky start mostly coz I have trouble with pepsi. I have lost 3 lbs since the 28th and yesterday I needed to go grocery shopping again but I put that off...then I was called in to work last night. Currently I have enough healthy food for half a night so I'll have to stop by the store and get some fruit on my way to work. I'll take a couple of eggs to work with me and cooked fish, rice and broccoli along with celery sticks and the protein drink. I hope that holds me coz 12 hr night shifts are really loooooong. Will finish shopping in the morning on my way home. Next time I need to shop I won't procrastinate. I learned my lesson. Any way, keep posting....I thought this was a ghost town! hahaha I better get back to bed. Keep up the good work!! Cindy :carrot:

bbirzer
05-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Hi! This is my first time here. I joined Slim 4 Life last week but just actually just started on program today with the cleansing routine. I accidently found this and am thrilled to be able to converse with people in similar situation.

After reading so many comments about Slim 4 Life all over the internet, I can't decide whether the program is good or bad so I have just decided, since I have already invested all this money, to give it my best shot and go in with a good attitude.

I look forward to communicating with many of you.
Smiles to you!

silentjourney1
05-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Last WED I weighed in after 1 week on the diet and found that I had lost 7 lbs. I didn't do the prep because my friend that gave me the diet didn't tell me about it. Over the weekend I slipped off big time. Now it is Monday morning and I have a renewed enthusiasm to pick up the pieces and keep with this new food life-style.
Welcome to Patti and the new one in the previous post. I didn't want to go back to see the correct spelling of your id because I would probably lose what I've already typed. Anyway, I look forward to hearing about your progress. I hope you both will come back and post.
Cindy

Virgo26
05-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Hi guys!!!Offcially lost 40 lbs as of yesterday!!! :) How are you guys doing?

pat
05-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi everybody!

I signed up this week and start the prep on Sunday (class on Tuesday). I'm excited but scared. I'm 52 and at an all-time high of 200.25 pounds. Ughh, it's hard to even type that.
I worry that because I'm perimenopausal it won't work so well for me. Is anybody else around my age here?

dish36
05-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Hi I just started again after being on the program a few years ago. I wanted to make sure that nothing has changed? I am doing prep and so far so good. Can anyone tell me if anything has changed since the name change?

tamdon
07-18-2010, 12:43 AM
I lost 46 pounds on S4L 6 years ago, didn't stablize at the end (stupid) and gained it all back plus some. The program is great and I love it because you do see results and it is easy to follow. I just started prepping today, feel free to chat with me for support in this program, I know it very well.:)

Kitty

MsKitty I have a friend who has been on it since Feb and lost 50 something lbs. She is telling me how to do program. She said, for me to eat alot of Protein and raw veggies for 3 days. I started today. I could use your help as well. I am 5'6' and 175 lbs. I have never had to diet before. This is all new to me. ; )

tamdon
07-23-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm 45. My friend my age has been on it since Jan and has lost 55 Lbs. She loves it. I am new but don't attend a clinic. I am on Plan 2, would like any recipes yall have. Fish and chicken can get old. But, I here there are different things to cook it with.

tamdon
07-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Hello, Virgo and Molliee,

I would like some recipes. I had one that i found tonight.
1 Serving of Chichen cut up
1 cp raw cabbage
juice from i lemon
and 1 pkg of splenda
Put chicken in skillet with cabbage and pour lemon juice and sugar over
Pan fry

I need more but dont know where to find them, I don't attend the clinic.
Thanks, Tammy

tamdon
07-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Texas Kari, You have it down. Would love some of your recipes. ] user name TAMDONMCKAY find it at msn

Hello S4L people! I hadn't been on this thread before as it seemed to be inactive. I've been doing the program now since June 15. Going into my 38th week and I've lost 122 pounds and more than 58 inches now!

Someone asked why we need to do the snacks. My theory is that its a way for them to have calculated the calories into the plan for us as we're in weight loss phase. The snacks are made out of vegetable proteins and there's a wide variety so something is going to work for you. From what my husband says about some of the bar supplements verses the ones he's found at Costco or Walmart, ours are better. ;-) They taste better, don't have to worry about whether or not the ingredients are on plan and they are easy to grab and go as I run out the door. The juice drinks I use to get at least 1 Thermoboost in as I don't like the taste of the boost by itself.

Food recipes: Most times, my veggies I eat the amount allowed in raw form as a finger salad or 1 or 2 1/2 choices with lettuce. Once in a while I'll do cooked veggies or toss with the protein I've chosen. I'm at a point now where I really don't care WHAT I'm eating, just need to get in the required amounts and other things have my focus. FINALLY I can say I am "eating to live, not living to eat". I still LOVE food and use spices to make the proteins taste better, add tomatoes in with protein for an "Italian" flavored meal etc. Try to change things up and don't get into a rut of ONLY eating a certain type of protein, vegetable, or starch.

MAKE sure you get in the tablespoon of good fats and your 1/2 tsp of Morton's Lite Salt. Must Must Must get the water in!

Remember, if you can stick to the list, get in what they ask you to get in, take the pills, you'll loose faster and get to your goal much quicker. If you aren't able to, or have problems with something, talk to the counselors. They are there to help you!

Um..if you have other questions...ask me. :-)

Oh and if you got the apple oatmeal or start to crave a muffin ask your center for the oatmeal muffin recipe! Or I can give it to you. They turned into my "birthday cake" =). Plus 3 muffins is a supplement! yummy and almost too filling.

ktjoe19
07-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Good evening everyone! I just signed up tonight for Slimgenics and am nervous but also looking forward to beginning this 16 week journey. My husband and I signed up together, and while we both suffered from sticker-shock, I have read mostly great reviews of the program. I have 35 pounds to lose and he has about 50.

I do not have a drinking problem, but do like to have a few beers/glasses of wine on the weekends with my friends. I'm 29 and we go out with our friends occasionally! Any advice from people relating to this? SHould I just volunteer to be the DD all the time for the next 16 weeks??

JamaicaBRIDE08
07-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Good evening everyone! I just signed up tonight for Slimgenics and am nervous but also looking forward to beginning this 16 week journey. My husband and I signed up together, and while we both suffered from sticker-shock, I have read mostly great reviews of the program. I have 35 pounds to lose and he has about 50.

I do not have a drinking problem, but do like to have a few beers/glasses of wine on the weekends with my friends. I'm 29 and we go out with our friends occasionally! Any advice from people relating to this? SHould I just volunteer to be the DD all the time for the next 16 weeks??

Hi ktjoe19!

We are almost in the exact same boat! I signed up last week and started prep on Sunday and am on day 3 of the reg eating plan. I'm 29 and signed up for 16 wks/34lb weight loss!

I have a friend who has been on slimgenics before and she said that the center will never really encourage/support you to drink, but if you "have to" the best option is vodka water w/ lemon/lime. To me, this sounds disgusting, but I guess if you really want to have a cocktail, that would probably be the best!

I personally am going to try my hardest not to drink at all in the first mth or so.... Over labor day, we are going to San Diego for my 30th and I know that I'll be food-cheating, as well as drinking, so I'm going to try my best to stay on plan.

I'd love to hear your progress as you go as there isn't too many blogs/chats with slimgenics!

Good luck!

JeepBDub
08-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I just started S4L today and will be starting the 3 day madness on Sunday. I'm a little concerned, however, about how the heck I am going to eat 2-3 pounds of meat PER DAY! I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions at all as to how to accomplish this, or if anyone has any advice that worked for them during their 3 day whatever you want to call it lol.

I have to say though that I am feeling really encouraged about this program after reading everyone's success stories on here!

If anyone is doing it as well and wants an email buddy, I'd be glad to offer up myself =)

-B

Huskerette
08-10-2010, 01:44 PM
I just started the S4L Sunday with my husband. He is very skeptical, but I am a little more open. I've read good things and I am pretty motivated to truly get started.

lisakfish
08-11-2010, 12:01 PM
I started this program a little over a week ago...I'm on day 6 of the plan right now and am working hard to follow it 100%. So far so good.
I'm on the go for work all the time, so my hardest part is making sure I fit in 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. I never did breakfast before, so making sure I get out of the house in a reasonable amount of time is hard...
I'm gonna pick up a cooler, but I'm doing better at pre-portioning my foods right as I get back from the grocery store...and sometimes cooking a few things in advance.
The book has a few recipes in it and I like to be able to use the supplements to cook with...
it's been good.
I'm open to being an email buddy if you're participating in the program. Preferably in your early phases as well.
I will be on weight loss weeks for 13 more weeks...lisakfish on gmail is me

JamaicaBRIDE08
08-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi lisakfish,

Good job on getting through your first week. I thought that the first 3 days in the detox were the hardest! Prepping veggies and get in baggies in definitely helpful, but it takes time.

I'm on week3 (week 2 w/ slimgenics since they count the first week as zero). I had great results the first 1.5 weeks losing 6.75lbs, but have kind of remained stagnant the last week, which has been a bit frustrating. I'm not expected to drop lbs at a time, but I haven't even dropped any oz's either. I did a check in yesterday and they told me that it was just my body trying to balance out to the new food plan (as well as working out more). We'll see!

Good luck!

kkcandothis
08-15-2010, 10:05 AM
i have signed up and i start monday. i'm very excited except about the meat-fest. 2-3 pounds of meat is going to be HARD!!!! i'm off to read advice now :)

Huskerette
08-19-2010, 01:37 PM
checking in - and we are on our 10th day - i've lost 9lbs and my hubby is down 11lbs --- the hardest part is making the time to prepare food - (have a senior and 5th grader on the move every night).

how is everyone else doing?

jpaxson
08-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi all,

My name is Julie and I am 42. I live in Colorado. I'm on Day 3 of prep and have 107 lbs to lose. I am happy I have decided to do this program, although I'm rather irritated the costs weren't explained when I signed up. I purchased everything I needed yesterday taking advantage of the volume discount and ended up spending $3500!! If I'd known it was going to cost me this much, I'm not sure I would have done it. Anyway, I'm already tired of the raw veggies so I'm anxious to be able to cook some starting tomorrow AND have some fruit. Nice to meet everyone!!

kkcandothis
08-23-2010, 10:06 PM
i've been on a mini vacation so i haven't weighed in since friday. i'm scared. :(

JamaicaBRIDE08
08-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just checking in with updates and how you all are doing. I'm starting my week 4 with Slimgenics (am down about 10lbs). The last few weeks have been pretty stagnant, which is dissapointing, but I've had alcohol on both weekends. My diet has been very consistant AND I've been working out 5x /wk.

How is everyone else's progress?

PS...I know that Slimgenics and S4L are different programs, but from my understanding, they have VERY similar concepts/rules, etc.

Good luck this week!

Huskerette
08-24-2010, 03:07 PM
CHecking in again - We're on week 2, both hubby and I weigh-in tonight, I was sick Fri/Sat/Sun went back to taking pills and dilligently following diet Monday and Tues (today) - so we'll check in tomorrow and let everyone know our weigh-in results...

being sick was not the result of the diet - had stomach flu - my kids had it two days before me....just an FYI

Huskerette
08-24-2010, 03:10 PM
btw jpaxson, my hubby and I were both just as surprised at the amount we have dished out - :( but we'll keep moving forward......

MUDDERSinMN
08-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Hi. I have been on SlimGenics since 2/22/10. Lost 60 pounds so far. Hubby joined same day, lost 40 and is now at goal. I still have 135 pounds to lose but I know I will make it! I have taken vacations, enjoyed eating all the wrong things, then gotten right back onto the plan and dropped the weight and moved forward. We love to cook and have a lot of suggestions and recipes if anyone is interested.

Huskerette
08-27-2010, 11:45 AM
hi all! just checking back with our weigh-in news - I'm down a total of 14.8 and my hubby is down 13... we try and stay true to the plan -the toughest part is preparing our lunches and dinners for 'on the go' just about everyday.

But we are motivated and excited with the results! -we started the plan August 8th.........

jpaxson
08-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Hi MUDDERSinMN,

I'm interested in recipes!! I love to cook and I'm running out of ideas. HELP!! :)

Thanks in advance!!

pea0011
09-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Hi MUDDERSinMN,

I would definitely be interested in some recipes. I am just starting for a round 2. first time I only followed the plan for 2 months... lost 20lbs and need to get back to it!

Thanks!

april2499
01-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new to slim4life – I just went to the initial consultation and signed up. My mom talked me into this after she has lost 14lbs in 3 weeks!! I am excited to lose the weight, but very nervous about sticking the the meal plans – my boyfriend loves to cook (and I let him!)- but he is carb happy, and if there was a pizza for every meal diet – he would be the first to sign up. So I am hoping to be able to follow the plan as close as I can, but we will see! It is very encouraging to read the positive reviews for the slim4life program. 30 pounds is my first goal, so zero down – thirty to go :)
-April

shelly64505
01-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone! I am new to this website, but did join slim4life last March and lost 40 pounds in three months!! I "fell off the wagon" last summer, and have gained 20 back, so am going for round two.

proudmommy09
04-04-2011, 09:47 PM
hi anyone still here? i would love some recipes :)

TamTami
05-18-2011, 12:07 AM
I just started Slim 4 Life in Dallas, and I would really like to have a buddy to have dinner with. All of my friends constantly go out to eat and drink every weekend... I want someone to suffer with!

Send me a message, and lets eat some grilled chicken and vegetables together. Lol.

Stampermd
05-18-2011, 12:53 AM
I am from lewisville area as well. Starting first
3 days on S4L tommarow

Would u like to communicate via email
To support each other

QUOTE=TamTami;3854601]I just started Slim 4 Life in Dallas, and I would really like to have a buddy to have dinner with. All of my friends constantly go out to eat and drink every weekend... I want someone to suffer with!

Send me a message, and lets eat some grilled chicken and vegetables together. Lol.[/QUOTE]

TamTami
05-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Yes! It says if you give your email on these threads you will get spammed ;-( It says to use the PM system, do you know what that is or how to do it?

-Tami

tarynina
05-30-2011, 08:55 PM
TamTami and Stampermd - I'm starting slim 4 life this week and live in Little Elm. I'd love to share tips and tricks and do dinner. :)

Taryn

karrieA
05-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Hi guys! I'm brand new here and just started the Slim4Life home program today! I loved reading how well it is working for everyone here and hope that I have the same success. :D

kitkat508
08-20-2012, 02:22 PM
I am on day two of prep and have already lost 2.6 pounds!! :carrot: I'm so pumped to make this work and would love to talk to others about recipes and tricks they have. Thanks!

sluggo44
08-23-2012, 03:23 PM
kitkat508, I've been thinking about doing slim4life again, I joined a couple years back but the supplements made me so sick I didn't stick with it. I still have the info on how to do it but just not sure

HEN
09-26-2012, 01:54 PM
I joined three weeks ago. Having hard time with journaling. Eating the right foods. My councilor told me to try vinegar with my celery stick snacks. I wanted to smack her. I am doing this for a lifestyle change that I know in my heart will be for the rest of my life. Is it going to slow me down to loosing weight if I have a tablespoon of hummus with my 4 celery sticks and I like the taste. Who cares. I have lost 50 pounds before and gained it back because I feel into my bad snacking habits not because I added a bit of hummus to my celery stick. I wanted to smack her. I have to do this my way. A realistic way. I want to enjoy food and the healthy foods not freak'in gage!!!!!!!!!!!

sluggo44
09-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Well I believe I'm gonna give this a shot again come monday. I won't be taking the supplemnets as they are what made me quit last time since I got so sick from them. I'm on plan a which is the 2 proteins, 2 veggies, 2 carbs but what I'm wondering is if anything has changed from a couple of years back as far as food

healthy4lifeinplano
10-14-2012, 02:44 PM
I just joined and start prep on Tuesday due to no classes for nutrition being available:( I have purchased the food but wondered if anyone knows about preparing it. Can you use onions? I know you can use spices without sugar or salt. I have lost 40 lbs on my own and just could not get motivated to lose the remaining 35! Here goes!!

CASH
03-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Is Anyone Doing Slim 4 Life

superproudmommy
04-18-2013, 06:51 PM
I'll be your buddy cash! Just starting my second week.. My email is superproudmommy at yahoo. It won't let me post it all together. Email me so we can buddy up

Binaann
05-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Hello,
Started S4L a month ago. I am a private chef which is used to cooking food rich in flavor. As well as vegetarian and vegan food which helps me be able to prepare my meals. I am a pescatarian which means I only eat fish and veggies. No 2 or 4 legged animals. I have lost 8lbs and 14 inches thus far. The first 2 weeks were rapid. Then I started working out with a trainer 4 days a week. That messed up my program I hit a plateau. Now they have adjusted it and I am on the right track. This is a hard program for several reasons but if you put you mind to it anything is possible. I am going to rock this program. I would love some advise and encouragement and would love to offer some as well.

:strong:

Binaann
05-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Hello,
Started S4L a month ago. I am a private chef which is used to cooking food rich in flavor. As well as vegetarian and vegan food which helps me be able to prepare my meals. I am a pescatarian which means I only eat fish and veggies. No 2 or 4 legged animals. I have lost 8lbs and 14 inches thus far. The first 2 weeks were rapid. Then I started working out with a trainer 4 days a week. That messed up my program I hit a plateau. Now they have adjusted it and I am on the right track. This is a hard program for several reasons but if you put you mind to it anything is possible. I am going to rock this program. I would love some advise and encouragement and would love to offer some as well.

Helenoftroy51
10-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Hi Binaan,
I'm new , just started s4l 2 weeks ago and have lost 6lbs but I would love to have a buddy to share with
Please reply .

Thanks Helen

Helenoftroy51
10-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and have just started s4l 2 weeks ago and have lost 6lbs.
I would love to share recipes and weight loss tips with any you out there.:D
Thanks

bizlawchik
10-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Hi Helen - Does s4l base the program on exchanges? We have Quick Weight Loss here in South Florida that is pretty identical to LAWL. Feel free to jump in on our daily board. We could use some more input and motivation.