Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 01:39 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #40

Three pages was getting too long!

You guys sound like you are having so much fun dating...I'm almost jealous!!!

Happy...I don't envy you packing and I especially don't envy you having to move twice...but the condo sounds nice. I love my house and big yard but it is a lot of work!!!

Candice...how's the arm? Did you finally get all your Christmas cards done? I haven't started mine. That is something I need to get done next week...not enough time!

Joanne...hope you didn't hurt yourself too bad when you fell!!!

I spent TEN hours in the bed last night. I went to bed at 10pm...I was soooo tired!!! I'm a little bit sore from the therapist yesterday...she dug nearly to the bone! Hubby gave me his cold and I'm miserable. I sent him an email to work yesterday. It said, "I'm miserable, I hate you!"

I'm still tired, even after getting all that sleep. But I'm going to go walk before I pick Ross up at school at 3. The college (about a mile and a half from his school) has a large indoor track open to the public. It's heated in winter and has air in summer. There's a sidewalk all the way around it so you can walk outside when the weather permits. The inside is a huge indoor, sunken basketball arena. They have games and concerts there. When something is going on there the track is closed but that's usually at night. There is glass all the way around so it's almost like being outside! The only thing I don't like about it is it is concrete.

I lost a couple more pounds!!! Haven't cheated once since I started WW. Not even Thanksgiving Day!!!
Old 11-29-2001, 03:43 AM   #2  

Meme..10 hrs in bed ...what a man I know ...I know you were sleeping..we hear ya, no wonder you are tired! Yes my cards are done and in the mail! Now I'm trying to organize gifts to get wrapped..makes me anxious untill I get it done, can't enjoy anything! I have no rom upstairs where I keep all the stuff, it is like a dept. store..gotta get rid of something! Good job on the WW..you can do this if I can too!

Mima, I don't do a tree either but I do have lights up outside and just starintg to get my snowmen out, but with this arm my Dh says not to get too much out cause he doesn't want to help with anything!
He is a party pooper!

Happy.. I have never had a real tree since I have been married..just didn't like the mess!!!!!!i have always decorated a lot though but this thing called age is slowing me down!

HI Joanne and Ally!
Old 11-29-2001, 07:48 AM   #3  

Default Hello

I just wrote a long post and tried to attach Alison's picture and of course I couldn't do it!!!And then i didn't get posted. So here is the condensed version-feel better Meme-try zinc and vitamin c-Joanne-feel better-great yoga class-lots of shoulder work-Candice-hi and take care-Happy, good luck!! Ally-where are you-on cloud 9?Went to post office and heard another lady complaining about her lost mail and some of her friend's,all mailed same day as my lost mail-nov.6. Maybe now they will do something. Bye for now. Mima
Old 11-29-2001, 09:17 AM   #4  

Default Hello

Happy- What a time to have to move.. Right in the Holiday season.. Hope you found a really nice place.
Meme- 10 hours in bed. We know it was not all sleeping.. If I was as busy as you ,I might do the same thing. I would just have to make sure my Hubby was on vacation somewhere. I am lucky if I stay in bed beyond 6-7 a.m. I'm too hyper.
Candice - I don't usually do a lot of decorating ,but, will probably do more this year as most everyone will be here. It is really tiring. My hubby is not good about helping either and I have to put it up and take it down. I can see that as I get older ,I am trying to make my life as simple as I can.
Hey Ally,Mima...Bye ,Joanne
Old 11-29-2001, 10:30 AM   #5  

In Fibro Fog Land today! It is raining out and I have Jenna Rae...can't think! I'm typing this between feeding her bites of toast and philly (her favorite snack!!!) She eats every hour or two. She had a whole cereal bar at 7:30...then at 8:30 came in the kitchen and said I want toast! ha. She'll be hungry again by 10!!! She's standing here at my keyboard (which is right beside my computer desk) with her foot on the pedal singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (with her mouth full of toast!!!) Between the Fibro Fog, her and this miserable cold It's a wonder I can even type!

I decorate A LOT at Christmas. Everybody always comes here Christmas Day...plus I have the little ones a lot during the week and they really enjoy the Christmas decorations. Hubby puts lights up along the roof line...the kind that drop down and looks like icilces. He also puts some on the bushes out front and along the deck in the back. He said he was going to do that Saturday while I'm shopping. He's supposed to put up the tree tonight while I'm teaching and we're going to decorate it when I get finished...if I'm able (and remember to come back upstairs!!!)

I've got most of my snow village up. I cover the whole top of my entertainment center with lighted buildings, an ice pond with a bridge and skaters, trees and people. I put it on quilt batting and then cover that with sparkly snow when I'm done. I have all the buildings up but have to get in the closet in the basement and find my people...they are hibernating! ha. I've got the Nativity scene up. I have a 9 ft. ledge about 2 feet over my bar in the kitchen where I always put that. I bought a train set this year to put around the tree. I have another village (smaller buildings) that I used to put on my piano when I had a lot of students...I think I'm going to put that one under the tree "inside" the train track. Don't know what I'll do with my packages! If I don't get busy and get some shopping done there won't BE any presents. I have bought the kids their big toy, hubby got son and s-i-l a tool set at Sears the Friday after Thanksgiving, I bought my in-laws a Foreman grill (got me one, too...I love it!), and I've got the kids bonds. I got the boys, 5 & 6, a "Leap Frog Leap Pad"...got Jenna a little piano with a microphone on the side and a little stool...it is adorable...and she loves to "play" my painos and sing, it's battery operated and the microphone really works, and I got Kaylyn, 4 yr. old, a little "apple" laptop computer! Teaches letters, numbers, different and same, before and after, etc. I still have daughter, d-i-l, my mom, the kids clothes and hubby to go! I'm finishing out the "older" kids with money! I'm going to Nashville Saturday so maybe I can knock some of it off then! I'm going to Opry Mills...you may have heard of it...It took the place of Opry Land Amusement Park. It is HUGE. Then I'm going to go over to Hickory Hollow Mall and then Sams! (If I'm able to do all that in one day!)

Mima...your picture of Allison was probably too big and 3fc wouldn't post it. Do you remember what it said when you tried? Next time you type in a long message and you're afraid you might lose it, highlight the whole thing (you do that by clicking at the beginning then dragging your cursor arrow all the way to the end or just click anywhere in the box and click on "edit" then on "select all". Once it is highlighted, RIGHT click on it and choose "save" from the pop up box. Then, if you lose it when you try to post it you can pull the dialog box back up and RIGHT click in it, choose "paste" from the pop up box and there it is!!! In order to post a picture in here it has to be a certain size...if it is too big it won't post. I took the one of Allison and cut her out and then still had to resize that to make it smaller. Try to post a smaller picture. Just find one on the internet...I have a lot on my art site you could practice with. http://memeart.tripod.com/ choose one, RIGHT click on it, choose "save picture as" from the pop up box, save it somewhere where you'll know where it is, like in "My Documents" or something. Then next time you post a message, click on the "browse" button at the bottom of the dialog box, find the one you saved and click on it. Then post your message...it should be at the bottom. You'll never learn how unless you keep trying!!! If you have any trouble, let me know!!!

Sorry this is so long!!!

This is Mimas granddaughter, Allison, and her new "wheels"!
Old 11-29-2001, 07:33 PM   #6  

Just checking in quick....don't want you girls to think that I am spending all MY time in bed.
Don't I wish.
I find a guy I could really fall for and out of the blue his wife has decided that maybe they should try to reconciliate.
She has done this before and I don't believe it is at all sincere. I think intuitively she knows there is someone else and she is going to get competitive.
Well, I don't want to compete. I told him to get to a counselor and work on things and leave me out of it for a while.
Easier said than done since we work in the same building.
He feels extreme guilt since his kids want him back home.
Nothing is easy......
And due to stress I have been hitting the carbs.
Wish I had your energy ladies, I am going to become a slug thru these holidays. Haven't even thought about decorating.
Old 11-30-2001, 01:29 AM   #7  

Mima..when I try to post a picture that is too big I just click on the back button and it returns me to my post so I can go from there and not lose it!

Meme, What kinda lighted houses do you have??? I have some dept. 56 ones, Hummel ones and Helen Steiner rice ones, (they all have people and other stuff too!). Don't put them out anymore cause my hands are too bad and I tend to break stuff! I love them though, can't wait till I get DIL's so I can give them a set! I have too much stuff in this house and no storage either! Sounds like your house will look really nice, I just got some of my snowmen out and that was a pain...I have to do everthying Dh does not help with anything you are very lucky to have one that helps! All that shopping in one day... WOW!!!

Ally..too bad, seems that is always the case..Stop eating your carbs now before you bloat away! If he feels that way about his kids he must be sensitive guy!

Joanne..I need to scale down and have some but need to do more to make it easy on me! You have the right Idea, maybe we should Hire Meme to do all our decorating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(cleaning up too!)

Last edited by Candicej; 11-30-2001 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-30-2001, 06:51 AM   #8  

Default Hello!!!!

Hallellujah!!!!One of my lost checks has been cashed-hopefully more will follow. And this one is local so it would be cashed first. What a relief. Oh Ally-I feel for you. I used to date a guy that was still tied to his ex emotionally-hadn't even gone through his divorce-it was so much stress.And my friend now-I went out with him 3 years ago and he was still in mourning for his wife and son and tied up in some crazy relationship. Now it seems different. I say seems because I have been fooled before. You really made a courageous decision when you said to get some counseling.I never want to be #2. Good luck and be strong!!!!Meme-I'll have to print out those directions.It takes me a long time to do computer stuff and all my kids are great at it-oldest is in the business.Thanks so much. They sent me that pic on e-mail.Going to mass this am-then have coffee with the old folks-then swim.We definitely should hire Meme for decorating-I'm sure she could squeeze it in.Haha!!!Be good Jo-anne, Happy, Candice. Mima
Old 12-01-2001, 10:14 AM   #9  

Default Hi

Ally- Don't let this guy and his baggage throw you!! His wife probably doesn't want him but she doesn't want anyone else to get him and you are probably better off. Although that is not what you want to hear right now. He does need to get help. Stay healthy and put a big sign on the fridge. NO!
Mima you are right ,we need Meme to decorate for us. I am still in the" thinking about it "stage.
Hello Candice.The cleaning up is the hardest after the Holidays. I get tired thinking about it. Thank God it will three months then till Easter.
Bye Girls ,Have a great weekend...Joanne
Old 12-01-2001, 10:24 AM   #10  

Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing well.

Mima, glad your lost checks are showing up.

Meme - do yo also have the Dept. 56 villages? They are nice. My cousin has tons of those.

Candice - look after your arm and don't overdo with trying to decorate.

Ally - To bad that fellow feels like he should go back to the wife. Kids are always a big drawing card. Joanne is right. Instead of carbs - eat meat! Not nearly as satifying as a nice creamy dish, but something you can sink your teeth into. I do feel badly for you, and it still may be ok.

Joanne - Hi. Hope you are feeling better after your fall.

I will now be off until Thursday. Taking the computer out tomorrow morning and setting it up at the new place, but the cable won't be hooked up until Thursday sometime. Talk to your then. Keep well and I will miss you.
Old 12-01-2001, 01:08 PM   #11  

Well, here's my diet trick for the week.
I ran into this guy's wife in the library. We know each other. She looked like she had seen a ghost when she saw me and she looked away.
Why do I feel guilty?
She sent him packing and said she didn't want him any more.
I think I feel guilty because she looked so horrible.
She is no competition.
She looks bedraggled and dumpy and depressed and miserable. A female version of my husband.
Well...at least it made me lose my appetite.
Yes...I have to go and get some meat right now. I have been hitting the crackers and cheese.
Last nite it was peanut butter and crackers.
Old 12-02-2001, 03:22 AM   #12  

Ally.......I had crackers and cheese last night too!!!!!!!!!!!(and I don't have man problems! I stopped at 8 points worth and I had those banked! Sometimes ya just gotta eat what your body craves but try to limit it! I want homeade Christmas cookies big time but don't want the calories or fat so I have not made any yet! (my arms are playing a part in that too!) Don't know if I can hold out over Christmas when we are at my mom's!!!!
Old 12-02-2001, 07:18 AM   #13  

Default Hello

Candice, what adorable snowmen! I got sick yesterday and couldn't go on my date last night. he was very sweet about it and I'm going to see him during the week. I still don't feel 100% and I'm supposed to take my grandaughter out for her birthday.But that's not til 4. My daughter had a virus and I was at her house the other day. Good luck Happy!!!and Ally? Remember that you deserve the best. Don't settle just because you want a man. Having settled many times, I am qualified to say that.Joanne-it was in the 70's here yesterday but there are no leaves on the trees. My best friend had her echocariagram and the pressure was down. It looks good. Prayers work. Bye for now. Hi Meme also!!!Mima
Old 12-02-2001, 10:43 AM   #14  

Default Hey There

Mima- 70's?? We are in the 80"s and some of us are wishing for rain and the 70's.
Ally- Get it together! You don't need this grief. If the guys other half looks so bad maybe their are two sides to his story. Take care of yourself. You just might be better off without him. It is the Christmas season. Go to some parties and I bet there is another guy with more to offer than problems.
Candice- My sister and I were discussing the menu for Christmas.. We are combining with our children.. I am with you ,I hope to get through the Holidays without a gain. This will be the first Christmas we will have together since we were preteens.Did you make your snowmen?They are really nice. No snow here.
Happy- I have nothing but a few bruises. But I already had my left knee problem and have had a bad stomach flare for over a week. I am hoping it is not another ulcer. As things go ,I can't get in to see a Dr. till Wed. So I have stopped all meds I don't have to take. so far nothing much helps.I think the Celabrex started it all. Well really the knee pain.
Now you all know my woes! Got to get this resolved. I want to enjoy the Holidays.. Bye Joanne
Old 12-02-2001, 01:31 PM   #15  

Well, I wish I had met this guy 20 years ago, and that is one of the first things he said to me.
He is in my shoes.
His wife needs psychiatric help. She has been clinically depressed since their last child was born.
He is a nice guy, much like I was the nice guy in my marriage.
He twisted himself into a pretzel trying to find the thing that would make her happy.
The last thing was a deck and hottub and now he carries the payments for that along with more than half of their mortgage.
She didn't go back to work when the kids were in school, just sat home connecting with men on the internet.
It is sad, and now I suppose I add anger to that, to know that he and I have these clingon spouses who we are somehow responsible for the rest of our lives.
I just found out that my exhubby has not paid his life insurance in 8 yrs and if he had at least cancelled it he would have got the cash value. Instead they kept it active charging him quarterly for the premiums til the cash value is depleted. If he kicks the bucket right now....I have to pay.
Or my kids do.
He is depressed too.
Sorry to be so morose. At least I might lose a pound or two with all this angst.
Closed Thread