Old 05-22-2007, 10:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/257/150

Height: 5'10"

Default I JuMpEd off the Wagon yesterday....

Good morning all you gorgeous ladies!!!

Yesterday I jumped Jumped JuMpEd off the wagon and landed head first into a vat o soda and a big fat walnut chocolate brownie. It was, quite possibly, the best thing that I could have done.

I had the worst day yesterday. I've just locked the safety bar on my TOM roller coaster of emotions and am ready for the ride. My husband teases me about waking up late which just sets me off. I'm running late and it's humid outside so I'm sweating and makeup is running. One hot mamma! Get to work and some little spoiled twit that I work with made a complaint against me to my boss which just makes me want to push her down in the dirt. I realized that I forgot my lunch at home so I had a cup of coffee for breakfast, a bag of veggie chips and oatmeal that I found in my desk drawer for lunch. I have to stop and get gas and I'm running on fumes. I pull over at the nearest gas station and as I get out of the car it starts to rain. There is no cover. I'm standing in the rain, wearing a WHITE t~shirt and it's next to a bus stop. Did I mention that I'm on a not so fantastic side of town? *sigh*

Anywho....so I pay for my gas at the pump and decide to go in. Why? No clue. Bad Dog Bad Dog!!! I get a big coke, a chocolate walnut brownie and two oatmeal cookies. I'm doing the "I've had a bad day! I DESERVE this!!"

IT DID NOT TASTE GOOD!!!

I certainly cannot explain it. I mean the soda tasted just horrible and the brownie burned my tongue. I threw everything away. When I got home I didn't want to pig out like I normally do. I just keep thinking about what GirlyGirlSebas said to me "How bad do you want it???" B-A-D!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
tsinitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:04 AM   #2  
LWM

S/C/G: 263/255/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Default Yikes!

Oh my, that sounds like a bad day straight out of a sit-com!! Did you feel like that cartoon character who is walking around with a rain cloud and/or anvil hanging over your head??

Well, it certainly could have been worse, foodwise. Every one of us probably has the instinct to reward ourselves with not-so-good food and, yes, sometimes we act on it! Just think, you proved to yourself that, no matter how #(**&@ your day gets, you won't be comforted with food. Sorry that you had to go through such a lousy day for that lesson, but now you know.

Hope your day is looking brighter.

~Laura
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:10 AM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Wink

You are right you had a bad day , but today is a new day and you can have a better day today!!!!

cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:45 AM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Isn't it funny how the words you read in this forum can stick with you and change your habits? There have been a lot of times that I've "heard" the words echo through my head. I swear I can see my weight ticker flashing in front of me when I get the desire to eat out for lunch rather than walking!!

Doesn't sound like you had too bad of a jump off the wagon and it sounds like you crawled right back on the wagon, too! Awesome!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Looks like you were able to learn from your day. I hate days like that.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #6  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Good for you for taking something positive from your bad day!

The soda makes me think of the day I decided I was going to have a glass of apple juice, even AFTER I read the nutritional value and saw that it would cost me four precious WW points. I took one sip and threw the rest out....it was NASTY! And to think, in the past I could've drank the whole gallon jug without a thought! Now I no longer crave the juice, I just remember how icky it was that day that I gave in!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:09 PM   #7  
Dieting Diva

Quote:
I certainly cannot explain it. I mean the soda tasted just horrible and the brownie burned my tongue. I threw everything away. When I got home I didn't want to pig out like I normally do. I just keep thinking about what GirlyGirlSebas said to me "How bad do you want it???" B-A-D!
May I be the first one to say "oh thank heaven for 7-11 !"
I think you have turned a corner ! Ten points for having the oatmeal, the veggie chips and not pushing your coworker into the dirt.
Getting rid of the bad stuff is a big step- but making the realization that it is bad when you are having a moment is a big deal.
It's a breakthru (and not a drive thru) moment-hold onto that thought !
Go get yourself some fresh strawberries ( as they are coming in really nice) and give yourself a pat on the back !
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote