Old 05-21-2007, 01:22 PM   #1  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Question Has cutting out certain food made you feel better? ...

I am really starting to feel better, even though I have alot to loose, by not eating not only fattening foods, but I have discovered I could live without bread and I don't feel bad. I eat bread maybe once every two weeks, or so. I don't miss it, and I feel fine. My stomach feels so much lighter, I have energy , the same with pasta, I am part Italian, grew up eating it, but hardly have touched it this month and feel good. Could I have a food allergy to flour?
Has anyone else experienced this ? Is there a food that you haven't been eating and feel better because of it?
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #2  

Yes I have completly given up beef, pork and all sugary drinks. And I can tell a difference in my digestion (if you know what I mean) and my skin. last night I made lemonade and only put in a tad of sugar and it was totally too sweet. I would like to give up all refined flour eventually but have not been able to being that I love cheese sandwiches and pasta bowls.

Last edited by kornard; 05-21-2007 at 01:42 PM. Reason: spell errors
kornard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #3  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm on the way to giving up salt. I have drastically reduced it, and I do feel better - less bloaty. And when I eat out, everything tastes really really salty to me.
soiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I have given up sweets. I know this is an obvious "give up" when you are trying to lose weight but i am just coming off a month long binge and believe me, i ate ALOT of sweets...like after every meal, between meals, it was rediculous. I have been on plan for one week and i feel SO SO SO much better. It is funny, when you go back on plan, you dont realize how bad you felt until you actually feel good.

As with you hellokitty, the less carbs i eat the better i feel. I dont think it is that we are allergic to flour. I bet it is our glycemic index. We weigh about the same and i KNOW that is what it was for me. My insulin/sugar had to be off the chart.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #5  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

I have given up sweet fizzy pop and I feel like a million bucks!
I would drink between 8-10 cans of pop a day and now I don't drink any.
It's hard to explain, but I just feel "better". All I drink now is water with the occasional glass of crystal light.
I think this has contributed to the 13lb loss in the last month because my eating has been up and down. The lack of pop is the only constant.
So I don't feel bad or deprived that I have given it up.

Bread is the next thing I am going to tackle.
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #6  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Well... not one food in particular.. but I can REALLY tell a difference in days that I eat too many carbs.. (I am not really on a LC diet)..I have noticed that if I don't start the day with carbs (like my old oatmeal) and have Egg beaters or egg whites and canadian bacon say.. (with a slice of whole wheat bread) I do better all day.. also I try to make sure my snacks (I eat about six times a day) have protein in them, ie: Ryvita and Lite cheese, Yogert and berries, Cottege cheese and fruit, etc.. I can't really eat fruit alone.. it makes me crave.. but I eat it with other foods.. and have some for dessert pretty often, after dinner only..

so.. I guess lower carbs really helps me.. or at least good carbs..
C~
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I gave up a lot of foods completely the day I changed my life - fast food, sugary soda, packaged baked goods. I really cut back on processed foods in general and sugar (except in fruit). I limit booze and "white" carbs. I still eat a lot of whole grains (and stuff like beans and sweet potatoes).

I feel completely wonderful
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 294/264/140

Height: 5'6"

I have cut down on flour/white starches/pasta, cut out soda and blatant sugars, etc. and I am pretty amazed by the results so far; I used to live from craving to craving overeating every day, and without the sugar my cravings are rare and easily looked past. It's crazy! Also, my teeth (even though I smoke and drink coffee) are SO MUCH whiter without the sugar! Soda and pasta always made me feel bloated too... I don't think you're crazy about being allergic to flour either, my dad has told me that he thinks I am allergic to it too. I've lost weight pretty quickly so far, and I can imagine the loss of flour being a factor in that.
khep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runundefined View Post
.I have noticed that if I don't start the day with carbs (like my old oatmeal) and have Egg beaters or egg whites and canadian bacon say.. (with a slice of whole wheat bread) I do better all day.. so.. I guess lower carbs really helps me.. or at least good carbs..
C~
Here, here Runundefined, i COMPLETELY agree. I am the same way, i am not on a low carb program either, but i really have to monitor my protien versus carbs %. Like you, if i eat oatmeal for breakfast, i am hungry in two hours. If i have protien and fiber, i am good til lunch easily. Carbs make me want more carbs. i HAVE TO have protien with my carbs. Some people get away with oatmeal for bkf, and it is a healthy choice, for them. You just have to figure out what works for you. Trial and error.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote