LA Weight Loss - OK I need some advice help I am siging uptoday

6digmans
05-21-2007, 01:04 PM
I called and the girl was very nice to me on the phone . this was the first day open .
I have a appt. at 6pm and she said " bring my coupon" i said oh there is a coupon?:D she then realized she said to much. I said ok thanks I will check the paper.

So now I have a appt and I need to find this coupon is there a general one out there someplace or is it going to be in my paper?

I am kinda nervous to be honest . I am afraid I will get taken on the pocket book. I asked her about cost and she said we will discuss that when we meet . she would go over all that stuff. I told her i want to lose about 60lbs, and she said she could help me lose 5-6 lbs the first week. I guess I have wanted this for sooo long i am actually kinda afraid sounds nuts i am sure.

Anyone know anything about coupons let me know please!

steph

jessicarenee331
05-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Welcome Steph! I am not aware of any coupons right now, so I'm sorry I cant help you with that. Good Luck at your appointment!

6digmans
05-21-2007, 01:14 PM
thanks much.

Joni135
05-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Steph - hopefully some others will chime in. Did you look online for any sort of coupon? Personally, I'm not aware of any.

Read an excellent post from our moderator about this program (including costs)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104658

Personally, I was originally quoted about $500 for the program (I was trying to lose 30 lbs). I walked away and got a phone call and a 50% discount if I came in. I took advantage of the discount and did not regret the money I spent.

emmysmom
05-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Steph,
Try to go to www.laweightloss.com and type in your zip code...if there is a special at your center, it will show up on the web page. As far as a coupon, you could always just play dumb and say "oh, I forgot my coupon..." and if they won't give you whatever the discount may be, then just say you're not interested. Guaranteed, they'll just give you the discount...Good Luck!

emmysmom
05-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Oh, and welcome!!! :wave:

6digmans
05-21-2007, 01:31 PM
I have been waiting for a month for this place to open, and now I have butterflies. To think I am more worried it will not work, I know it does but after nothing working before I just don't want to get let down AGAIN.

The coupon must be on our paper! dh is on the hunt for me ;)

6digmans
05-21-2007, 01:33 PM
the la weight loss is not on the site yet! today is day 1 being open. there was nothing in yesterdays paper I have been watching. She knows I don't have the coupon yet so I can not fake it. if she asked what the offer was i would not be able to tell her as again no coupon.

JerseyMadchen
05-21-2007, 01:35 PM
The first time I did LAWL, I wanted to lose 68 lbs. I was quoted ~$650. THis was three years ago and before the bars. I wish I would have know about the "walk out" trick. Hmmm...

Good luck though! It really works, we'll all atest to that here!!

emmysmom
05-21-2007, 01:41 PM
I would still argue the coupon, Steph. I mean, if they put the coupons out there and you're soooo ready to start losing the weight, it would be good business for them to just give you a coupon.
I understand your nervousness...when I went to sign up, I was at my lowest point (highest weight). It's like I hit rock bottom and was afraid I would fail. But the hardest part is getting started...you're gonna do great!
And being a little hesitant won't hurt either as far as the cost goes. It's funny how when they know the only think holding you back is the cost, the "magic calculator" starts refiguring like crazy until they can come up with a payment plan you can afford.

The more I'm thinking about this, maybe you can just call the center and ask where you can get the coupon...they certainly can't keep that info from you. You don't even have to mention your name if you don't want to.

6digmans
05-21-2007, 01:48 PM
thats a good point the worst they could say is we will not tell you, then I would cancel until I got the coupon and redo my appt date.

jessicarenee331
05-21-2007, 02:29 PM
I actually went for an appnt around 1.5 years ago, (having no idea it costed as much as it does, i thought it was a weekly thing like WW). Once they told me it would cost over 700$, I told them I absolutely could not afford that, it was more than my rent at the time and I had just had my son. She looked at me and said "we accept all major credit cards". I dont use credit cards, so I was really offended by that and left. They called me about 3x week for about a month until I told them to please stop calling I cannot afford it!! So you're lucky they refigured your cost after you said you could not afford it.

I went back about 6 weeks ago now, knowing full and well what it was going to cost, but I make more $$ now and we can afford it.

I guess it depends on where you're at.

6digmans
05-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Well I know I am not charging it. if they want to deduct from my account thats fine but i am not paying it all at one time. I can not afford that!

Dan2112
05-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Welcome Steph...

Our choices were to either charge it and pay all at one time, or set up a monthly payment plan through Care Credit...

Just remember that you're in the driver seat.. Don't let them pressure you into it today..

If you're not comfortable, don't make any committments and then come back here and relate what happened.. We've all been there and can really offer some good insight...

They will push the suppliments and bars... Some of us, like me, have found them very helpful.. Others here don't use them and do just fine with the weight loss...

Remember that they are a business and are in it for the money... The program has a great track record of success so just go with the flow, relax and don't let them talk you into buying the moon...

jessicarenee331
05-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Dan, I was told when signing up, that the Lites were mandatory, that I couldnt join without getting them. nice huh??

Dan2112
05-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Mandatory if you want the money back deal... I guess it may differ between corportate and franchise locations.

I would fight them on that...

emmysmom
05-21-2007, 03:32 PM
But think about how much you would be getting back versus how much you'll pay for the bars. I was told that they would have to completely rework my plan to exclude the bars, so stupid me didn't want to inconvenience anyone, so I just purchased them. Then I came here and found out it would have just been the next plan up minus the bars... Like Dan said, if you feel uncomfortable and want some advice, just relay the info here and we can help you out. You can always give them an answer tomorrow.

curlmama
05-21-2007, 03:40 PM
I think that is new (about mandatory lites). I asked if they were an option and they said "no"--I joined a month ago.

Steph what I wished I knew before I joined is that you can say you want to lose less pounds and then you can add weeks if you change you mind. I thought it was like WW were they tell you what your weight should be and you have to agree to lose that much. My COD is running a couple of specials where you can do a 8 week make over but I dont know if you already have to be a member or if you can just sign up for those 8 weeks.
I just checked the site and in my area they are running a $4 per week special (zip code 91344). I would go in and tell them what you saw on the internet and then let them tell you what they can do for you!

smjezzy
05-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Welcome Steph! As you can see there's lot's of help here.

bizlawchik
05-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Steph - Good luck at your appointment. Just remember that YOU are the customer and they work for YOU. They will probably be a little overzealous on the sales pitch since it's their first day open, but just be strong and don't do anything you're not comfortable with.

6digmans
05-21-2007, 04:16 PM
I wonder if when I walk in it will feel like they are looking at me as $$$ or as a person. Do they seem to be genuine or is it all a act ?

I hate when people act fake

bizlawchik
05-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Just like any other company, and any other person, it depends on the individual person. Just go in with your eyes open, but you don't have to be overly defensive, either. We've all heard horror stories, but as long as you think about what you sign up for and are comfortable with your decision, you're fine. But also remember that just because you are aware of things, that doesn't mean you have to fight the program. Some people sign up and then second guess everything the counselor says, or only follow whatever rules they want to and then they are disappointed when they don't lose or they lose slower. Bottom line is the program works if you follow it. That doesn't mean you have to buy every product they have, but you do need to follow the guidelines. You just have to sort out the sales tactics. And if you want to use a product, you are not a "sucker" for trying it. I do the lites, sometimes the slim downs (meal replacements), sometimes the biscottis, whatever I'm in the mood for. It's just that it's my decision to try something, not because of a sales tactic.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

addisonsmommy
05-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Good luck to you! I just started around 8 weeks ago and I couldn't be happier! I paid around $800 (for the bars and the program). I wish I knew about the walk out trick too!!

Dan2112
05-21-2007, 08:25 PM
We lucked out and our COD counselor was fantastic.. Throughout our time there, she was my favorite as she never made us feel like we were idiots when we strayed off plan, and even encouraged us not to sweat the small stuff, especially around the holidays..

If you're lucky, you'll get someone who was or is on the plan, so they will know what it's like.. There's nothing worse than starting off with some little stick person who makes you feel low. For a time, my COD also had a guy counselor who I could talk to like "one of the guys".. He was also a personal trainer and gave me a lot of insight as to how a guy can really succeed in the program.

wahm56
05-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Hi,

I just joined LAWL today. I thought they were very professional and not pushy at all. I had read all the negative reports but have also seen people online and some local who have done very well with the program. I don't think all locations run their office that way. Definately, I imagine, a difference in the corporate owned and franchised facilities.

The staff at LAWL worked with me to find what I could afford and didn't pressure me into something I felt was not doable for me right now. I had a budget and she did her best to make it work for me. Keep in mind, I also had a pretty good idea of what I was going to have to spend before I walked in the door.

I am waiting for the letter from my doc and their dietician, which I think is a really smart thing they do. I have fatty liver disease and at least they care enough to not just take your money and see if it is something you should do. I know of another similar type program who does none of this. Of course I understand they are assuring themselves of no liability, etc. by doing so as well.

I do have to purchase $29.95 weekly of the bars, but honestly, I have tried them already and hey, they are delicous. I don't think I will have a problem eating those...might have to watch I don't want to eat too many. For what I spend on eating out, I will save money by following this diet and purchasing the bars.

I thought about going it alone, but I realize I have a hard time sticking to anything and am hoping the weekly visits/check-in will do the trick for me.

I am also hoping the more structured program will be a plus over WW.

It did cost me $4 a week to start and I do have a lot to lose. I decided that in the time it takes me to lose this weight, I would have probably spent more eating out and eating all the wrong stuff, plus not losing weight then what it cost me to join.

It's great to see all the post on this board and it was one of the deciding factors for me to give it a go.

Thanks so much,

Diane in Missouri

equinetcan
05-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Welcome Diane!!!

:welcome: