Support Groups - The Race to 199! Join Us Part 2

View Full Version : The Race to 199! Join Us Part 2

annie175
05-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Hello All..........

We have to start a new thread for our race to 199....

Please post here now.

Hugs

Annie

MyChoice2bfit
05-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi Annie,

I haven't been to the boards in quite a while. Have you seen any of the other gals around?

I came back because as you can imagine I have made no progess in my weight loss effort. What did I expect? I wasn't putting anything into it.

I will say, to my defense, I had a lot going on with loosing my job, finding a new one and all the stress of that, but you know...life is always going to be something happening.

I'm right back at my beginning. Ready to race again.

Hopefully the board will be busy as it once ones. I think a lot are over at the Chicks racing board---I'll be visiting there too.

It's nice to see this thread...I hope to see more of us here soon.

How are you doing Annie with your weight loss?

Debbie
05-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Hey friends,
I'm still here...Just maintaining.
This will be short, I'm at work and only have a couple of more minutes at lunch. Just wanted to let ya'll know. I miss ya'll and look in more than i post..

Gotta go...:grouphug:

Hollyhock
05-29-2007, 02:37 PM
HI ,I am here too. Will try and post later.

Hollyhock
05-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Good Morning!!!

It is going up to 30C here today. Hot! Lots of pollen here too. Achooooo!!

I have work at noon. I want to get the main floor of the house company ready. Just once. Just for me. it is 3/4 of the way there.

My older cat Rainbow is still hiding. Has been since Sat night. She like to be in the bahttub,curtain pulled. I can pick her up and cuddle. I have checked her all over for physical stuff. Nothing. I carry her down to use the little box and see if she will eat and then she scurries right back up to the tub.We are onto day 4. She has not eaten much.

We received our bill for the sewers they put in. It is ONLY $16,000.00 per household. Then you are responsible for getting a permit and hooking up to your home , by a deadline for an additional $3000.00+ and then you need another permit to crush your septic tank and $1000.00 + to hire that work done also by a deadline. They have given us til Dec 2007 to come up with the money and pay in full. There is minimal financing availabe from the township for a lovely additional $8000.00 interest. They think we should be quite pleased with this. Now that millionaire developer can put a subdivision in that no one around here wants and make another million bucks. There is NO benefit to us in this at all.
The township has also not repaired ANY of the damage done to our yard more than a year ago.

Life is never dull here. weeeheeeeee!!!! And this is just today. Yesterday was interesting. I am quite happy. Not so sure about everyone else who lives here. May be allergies. Hubby applied for a potentiallly GREAT job. He has a fab referral from a friend of mine.

annie175
06-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Good Morning All.

Things are going well. I am down 83 pounds, with about 50 or so to go.

I am curious Holly...what is going on with Rainbow? What a strange attitude for her.

Susie, how ya doing, are you getting control of your life once again? You have had plenty of changes lately.

I am getting very excited. I finally close on my new house this Friday, then move on Saturday. I am too excited about it because my stomach hurts. haha.

It will be a very busy week. Close Friday, Move Saturday, clean rental on Sunday, DD surgery on Monday, DS surgery on Tuesday. Sheesh.

Hope all is going well for everyone. Stay focused on you. You matter most, you cannot help others unless you are great.

Hugs to all

Annie

Hollyhock
06-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Rainbow has continued to hide. I take her to the litter box and food dish twice a day and she uses it and eats. We are still just watching her. Last night she came downstairs on her own in the evening and wandered around. I dont see anything physically or medically wrong. She just seems scared.

Good for you Annie!!!! What are the kids having done??

A funny then my journal...

One evening, Jenny arrived home from work to find the children bathed, one load of laundry in the washer and another in the dryer. Dinner was on the stove, and the table was set. She was astonished!

It turns out that Ralph had read an article that said wives who work full time and had to do their own housework were too tired to have sex.

The night went well, and the next day she told her office friends all about it. “We had a great dinner. Ralph even cleaned up. He helped the kids do their homework, folded all the laundry, and put it away. I really enjoyed the evening.”

But what about afterward?” asked her friends.

Oh, that. . . . Ralph was too tired.”

Just home from a 30 min walk!!!!!
We had a good school council meeting last night. I am going to Home and school tonight.
We have a Fun Fair on Thurs and then soccer right after.

I am feeling really calm within myself and quite content. Better than i have felt since last October. The kids are good. Not perfect. we still have our issues. Hubby seems unhappy but is not very crusty. He is being indifferent towards me unless he wants sex.
He wakes me every morning before he leaves ;just stands beside me at 6am and starts talking. Telling me about the weather or the hockey scores......I am dead asleep.Today when he was done I sleepily said , I love you. He grunted. I said you could tell me you love me too, ya know, you just might never see me again. He said it wouldn’t matter because he would be dead. I replied maybe it would be me that dies and you would be left all alone with our kids and home etc. He looked completely puzzled that I might not be here some day and wandered off.

A Mom of 5 kids , age 47, was killed by a drunk teenager last week, a few side roads over.

He takes so much for granted.

It doesn’t feel like i was busy enough yesterday but i know i did a lot. Kids are launched to school. It is cold and windy and rainy today. I enjoy this weather.

Much to do today…
-walk
-laundry
-kitchen/DW
-shower
-enter Avon
-call customers
-deliver 1 order
-go to bank
-home and school meeting tonight

Canadian Idol is on at 8pm Eastern time tonight!!!! YIPPEE!!!
They do use instruments for the tryouts!!!

annie175
06-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey Holly,

Sam had some female surgery, and is doing well. We won't know if they got all the pre-cancerous cells till her next pap in a couple of months.

Jake had the screws taken out of his index finger from when he broke it last year. He is doing terrific. He start his plumbing job last week and loves it. Hope he makes it.

Tummy is a bit soft today and running to the bathroom. Yikes.

My new house is just great and I love living there.

How is everyone else doing?

Hugs

Anne

Hollyhock
06-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Good to see you Annie. Gald everyone is on the mend.

I am okay-ish. Came down with a terrible cold and the last week of school was busy for my kids and me for prom hair dos and grade 8 grad hair dos. I am doing hair for a wedding tomorrow on Canada Day too.
I made a naughty dessert for my Dad's 65th bday tomorrow. We had a funeral visitation this aft. Otherwise I did housework. I am feeling quite wonky. Rented Eragon to watch with the kids in a few min.
After church hubby and kids are going to the lake. I will head up after. Big dinner for Dad and then fireworks. Kids and I are tenting out back for the night.
My sis invited me to drink wine and go skinny dipping. I replied that I haven't been able to skinny dip in about 10 years but would be happy to go fatty dipping.

HUGS!!!

Debbie
07-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Hi guy's,
I'm glad to see everyone is hanging in there.
I'm still on a 5 lb rollercoaster as far as my weight goes. I even giving Alli a try. No side effects but no real results. I can't get my act together but whats new...

Annie: You ROCK...I bet you are feeling great. Glad the kiddo are doing well.
Prayers for Sam..:hug:

Holly: Busy as always. It makes me tired just reading your post...LOL

I had trouble finding this thread. I thought they had closed it thinking we had deserted it.
I need all your support. I still go to ww but I haven't been following the plan.
I keep going hoping for inspiration.

Later, not months!!

Debbie
07-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey guys,
I talked to my WW leader last night after yet another disappointing trip to the scale. She want me to try boot camp. Go 4 pts over 1 day and 4 pts under the next. To kick start my body metabolism. Ok, the 4 over is easy... but! We'll see tomorrow...lol. I picked today for the over.
I haven't exercised in a month. One co-worker quit on a friday, Then the other failed a drug test that tuesday. So I've been so tired when I get off I can't drag my butt to the gym.
They are trying to fill the job but it's been nearly 3 weeks andd not 1 serious applicant.

The family is all the same. Dh is still trying to get me to go to work where he works It's almost twice what I make now. It's nights and I'm not sure I want to do that. I told him after I get my vacations we will talk about it.

Hope everyone is well...Susie where are you??

:grouphug:

annie175
07-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Hello Girls.........

Deb..I did that kick start thing when I did WW. It worked great. Stick with it, you can do it. I have faith in you.

Holly...How's the hair business? You sound like an awesome hairdresser.

What a wonderful 4th. My momma and pa came over and spent the entire day. Noon to 7. Very good for them as their health nearly always prohibits them from visiting or celebrating any occasion unless at their house. They love my new house. My brother and wife came over too. I fixed butt chicken on the grill. Quite yum. Bro and wife brought patio furniture for a house warming gift, very very nice. Got all teary eyed over it.

Weight is still coming off quite nicely. I was up with the runs all night, but am feeling a bit better now, only have a splitting headache. I am only 4 lbs to 100 lbs off. Very exciting.

Samantha (DD) is still looking for a job that she can walk to as she does not have a car at the moment.

DS is doing great at his job and training as a plumber.

Hope everyone is have a great on-plan day.

Hugs

Annie

Hollyhock
07-06-2007, 09:57 AM
My life is never dull. For the first time in their lives my kids have a sitter here while I am at work for the summer. The first couple of days were not good. She talked on the phone for 4 hours straight and ignored my kids and hence my kids were brats trying to get her attention. Anyhow, her mom had lots to says to me about my kids yesterday morning. I decided to give it another day.
Well, a phone call can change anything.
My babysitter's mom called here raging at me about all kinds of weird and awful stuff. I hung up on her. I called the dad, who is my friend, to clarify what is going on.
I am relieved it is over, to be honest, but the personal attacks about my innocent children and myself are beyond hurtful. This woman is so volatile and abusive. The dad kept apologizing because he and I arranged for his daughter to babysit. He did not anticipate the mom's behaviour( even tho she is known for it) in this situation.Nor did he anticipate his daughters immaturity with all this.
I couldn't stop crying. It is awful to have your home and children and your entire existance attacked and trashed.

So, I was supposed to be at work in 30 min and I had no sitter. I called my boss and will try and find someone in the next hour and go in. I have lots of resources and friends that will help.

I have made several calls to possible sitters. My after school sitter is going to take the kids 12-5 every Wed. I am waiting for call back from 3 different highschool kids for Thurs' and Fri's.

What nonsence.

Food has been better for me. Exercise not happening in a planned and controlled way.

justjodi
07-14-2007, 11:34 AM
hi chicks!!
i'm afraid i started racing in the wrong direction! unfortunately that makes me right back at 250 and working my way back down again. nice to see a few familliar faces in here. i need to get back into the habit of posting and checking in. nice to see you all
jodi

Debbie
07-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Hey everyone,
My most recent effort to get my rear in gear has failed. I really know the problem but I guess it is also just yet another excuse. I've worked for this company of a total of 13 1/2 years. 1 co worker quit on a friday the 1 got fired that next tuesday leaving just ME. For 3 weeks now. You can't tell me they haven't had anyone apply. They are just seeing how much I can do.
My husband can get me on where he works for twice the money, but its from 6pm to 6am. I'm not sure I could hold up to those long hours for long.
Maybe they get someone soon or I just throw up my hands and give a notice.

Jodi: :hug: Good to hear from you. We haven't been too active on this thread lately but we have never gave it up... We just keep on keeping on...lol

Later :grouphug:

annie175
07-18-2007, 08:57 AM
Hey Gals........

Jody..great to hear from you. We all get sidetracked, but we can do this. Buck up bucko, here we go.

Debbie...Job stress always makes me stink at dieting. Hope it all gets better for you.

Holly...How is the sitter doing now? Any better?

Things are rolling right along. Got a new boss this week and just love her. She is great, altho I liked my last boss as well.

My son and I are going to the Allstate Brickyard 400 Nascar race on July 29 and am looking forward to it. I love Nascar.

Everyone have a marvelous day, keep checking in, we all do better with support.

Hugs

Annie

Hollyhock
07-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Oh dear, the babysitter was HORRIBLE. We have a new one now that is fab. The other was 2 day nightmare, her mother included. Holy cats!!
All is well now.
Been a busy and fun summer so far. Our local fair was last weekend, campng the weekend before. I am working Wed, Thurs and Fri's. Doing other stuff with the kids Mon and Tues.
My personal challenge is to eat all my fruit and veg every day.

I slept til 9am. :shock: Woke up to both kids in bed beside me hugging. Sweet!
A bunch of niggles on my list today.
I am starting a homeopathic remedy for my allergies today. Will see how it goes.
I need to eat breaky.

To Do
-Grandma’s hair
-brochures out
-pick up concert ticket for DH
-pay bills
-tidy up
-wash pots and pans
-laundry
-inventory avon product
-print 2 invoices for Thurs

Wed- work 12-8, hockey registration
Thurs- 8am meeting, work 10-3, hubby has concert
Fri- work 9-3, Going to a benefit dance in the evening
Sat-work 9-3, DD has soccer, going to the lake- cousins from Germany are here
Sun- Bday party for both kids to go to, back to lake to visit with the German’s

It is will be a scramble some days.
Oh, and I need to repair, paint and prime the trim in the LR.

I did eat all my fruits and veggies yesterday!

annie175
07-25-2007, 08:12 AM
Good Morning Ladies.........

How's everyone doing. Well, Holly anyway. You are always so busy. Where in the heck do you get your energy?

Things are rolling quite smoothly, could use a bit more money to pay bills, but who couldn't?

Weight is still coming off nicely. Have been doing the weighted hoola hoop and just love it. Just got new arm hoops but have to do each arm at separate times as I am not cooridnated enough to do them at once.

Hope everyone is well, please post.

Hugs

Annie

annie175
08-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Good Morning Ladies.........

How's everyone doing? Went to the chiropractor yesterday due to a stiff neck and severe headaches. Boy oh boy am I much better now. My neck and shoulder are so way out of wack. Going back tomorrow for more adjustments. Headaches are gone too.

Only 27 more pounds to go. I am so close and so excited about it.

Work has been grueling. New manager and responsibilites, however the change is nice.

Check in guys.

Hugs

Annie

JigglyBits
08-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Hey Everyone!

OMG! I'm so glad I found the thread I thought it was closed forever!
So um, I'm back and restarting.. again.. Like Jodi, I was racing in the wrong direction :(
I'm hoping things will go better this time. I lost track of everything when I stopped exercising.
I've been to a dietitian and had a body composition test done. 48% of my total weight is fat! She suggested that I start focusing on bringing up my water and muscle % and reducing my fat% down to 33%. She also suggested that I don't weigh in on my own. She's going to weigh me in every other week and will keep track for me.
She thinks that I'm getting too obsessed with the number on the scale, and that whenever I notice a slight loss I start eating more.
My plan is simpler now: 1) watch what I eat, 2) 240 minutes of cardio a week, 3) More water!
I'm going to have another body composition test done after 4 weeks and see if the numbers change.
I'll try to check in more often to stay on track, I'll be recording my weekly exercise on the 20s thread and will see how this week goes :)
*hugs* everyone, I really missed this place!

JigglyBits
08-13-2007, 01:30 AM
Hey everyone!
Yesterday (first day of getting back on track) went okay! food was good, got 1 hour of cardio in the evening, water was great. Will try to keep this up all week and hopefully see a loss on the scales.
Just being on track makes me feel a lot more lighter :)

annie175
08-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Good Morning Jiggly......

Sure have missed you. Not many posting right now, I think they are lurking. Holly pops in on occasion.

I am so glad you are more focused and on the right track now. You can do this, you know you can, I am rooting for you.

Hello to everyone else, please pop in a post.

Hugs

Annie

JigglyBits
08-14-2007, 03:51 AM
Thanks annie *hug*, I hope everyone is doing okay on their programs.
Exercise has been okay yesterday, slight pain in the back of my thigh but I think its *good* pain :D Food & water went good yesterday, felt sick after having a cup of herbal tea. I need to get used to that stuff! Going to do an exercise tape with my friend when we get home from work, its always fun having her around, keeps me motivated :)
Hope everyone gets a chance to post in today - we probably need to start a challenge to get things moving around here!

RitzyFritz
08-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I just stumbled upon this thread. Might I join? I'm really needing some re-focus and re-motivation....I'm kinda getting burned out with what I have been doing, and I think a challenge and different view point will help. I have done fair so far, but for some reason I feel stalled. I know I can get past this slump...but I just need to reclaim that "fire" that I had when I started 1-3-07. I have the determination, because every day I still try to stay on plan...but, I just lack the enthusiasm right now. Maybe I can find it again here? :D Thanks for letting me join.

JigglyBits
08-15-2007, 04:38 AM
Ritzy, welcome on board :) hope you can 'reclaim' that fire!
The thread is kinda dead lately but we could probably liven it up by posting more often.
So I'm doing okay so far, was tempted to eat chocolate at work this morning however I wrapped it up and am taking it home to give it to someone else. Its not going into my mouth!
Going to do tae-bo after work today, haven't done that in a while, hope everything goes okay.
Will post updates later :)

annie175
08-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Good Morning Ladies..........

Welcome aboard Ritzy...glad to have you.

Jiggly....go ahead and throw that chocolate in the trash so you don't get tempted later or at home. Face it no one really needs it anyway.

Ok for a challenge...how about an exercise challenge of maybe so many hours a week or days a week? My biggest problem is staying motivated to exercise. I did walk for 20 mins this morning on break. Whoopie, but more than I have been doing in the past few weeks.

What do you say ladies...an exercise challenge??

Hugs

Annie

RitzyFritz
08-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks, jiggly and Annie! I think the exercise challenge would be great because I have so totally gotten out of the habit (sob!). I know this is what I need to do.

So, how would you want the challenge to be set up? Maybe check in here each day and post whether we have or not? Give the amount of time? Or do we do it weekly? Have a certain amount of minutes accomplished by a certain date? Just let me know. I'm ready to get back with the program! :D

Again, thanks for the welcome. I hope I can contribute as much as I glean. :)

Hollyhock
08-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Hey! I wasn't getting notifications that anyone was posting!!!

HI!!!!

Painting my Living room today. HUGS!!!!!

JigglyBits
08-16-2007, 07:30 AM
An exercise challenge it is! We've got about 2 more weeks left in August, My goals are to complete 60 minutes of exercise x4 a week for a total of 240 minutes per week. Everyone go ahead and post your goals, we'll keep track by posting in daily or whenever you usually visit 3FC.
I'm already posting on the August exercise challenge on the 20s group but it won't hurt to post here as well.
Annie - that chocolate went directly to my baby sis as soon as I got home, yay me!
Ritzy, we'll help you get back on track :D
Holly - Where have you been?!?

I'll check in later *hugs*

Hollyhock
08-16-2007, 08:15 AM
HI Jiggly, Annie,Ritzy.
I have been here sorta. My focus has not been on weight loss but more trying not to gain right now. I cant seem to find the time or energy for me these days( months).
I started working away from home Hairdressing in Feb, 3 days a week. Quite an upheaval here after being home for over 8 years. I will be working 4 days a week in Sept. I had a very difficult 6 months- year with hubby.)( more difficult than usual, cause lord knows he is not an easy man) Tried to get him to leave.Didn't work. It was then a very hard time for my/with my kids. Things have shifted quite bit and are bordering on happy most days. He and the kids are doing great. I still have a niggling feeling that there is something more for me in this life but for now I am very content where i am.When the kids are back in school I am seriously intending to walk for 30 each morning( Mon-Wed) and then evenings Thurs and Fri. Hockey schedule permitting.
The kids and I went to Toronto with my Sis and Nephew on Aug 5.Toronto was really great. Kids took 343 pics. We covered the Science Centre, Hockey Hall of Fame, Royal Ontario Museum, CN Tower( for dinner and the sunset) and the Toronto Zoo in 3 days! Came home and right to work and then a busy weekend with a soccer tourney that DS's team won and DD went to a rodeo. Took this week off work to paint my living room, shampoo rugs and boring office work etc... We are going camping Friday night - Sunday with 2 other families.We are having a Summer's End campfire here on Sept 2.
I am pretty busy trying to keep on top of housework and yard work with all the other activities but it is all good. I dont get much time on here and the only TV I have watched all summer is Canadian Idol.
My hunny, Kalan Porter has a new CD out!!
More painting and Avon office work today!!! Phone calls to make, a whooping bill for $16,000.00 to pay to the township today for sewers they put in.
Never a dull moment you can see................

annie175
08-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Hello Ladies...........

Wowser Holly....What a life you have been leading the past few months. Sometimes when we begin to think life can be "all about us" it turns out it is not. Funny like that. You take my kind of vacations. Try to do all you can do in a 3 day span. Kind of like the army....be all you can be...haha.

Jiggly....Very proud of you for not eating the chocolate. What a NSV that is. Pat yourself on the back and keep up the good work.

Ritzy....Let is be an exercise challenge. I propose to exercise 4xweek, at least 30 minutes. Baby steps and not real challenging but a place to start. Hope to push myself a bit and get even more in. So far I have in 30 minutes for this week. The week beginning Wednesday, 8.15.07.

Goodluck on the challenge and stay focused.

Hugs

Annie

Hollyhock
08-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Home from camping. It was just marvelous. We had 4 families of 4. So much laughter and smiling my tummy and cheeks hurt. The kids and hubby had a really good time too. Lots of long walks and fishing and swims.
It is cool here too, 14C. It drizzled all morning and then rained hard around 2pm. I have just had a lovely hot bath followed by a lovely hot coffee. Bits of things to do tonight. I need to clear out the "random" room to make room for the LR furniture. Painter comes tomorrow at 9:30. Making chicken and rice for supper in a bit too. DH is sleeping. Kids are resting.
I have promised myself that I will do 30 min of gardening every single day starting tomorrow.
Tomorrow I want to clean the basement and the kids rooms thoroughly.

HUGS!!!!!!

JigglyBits
08-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Holly - Love camping & rain, doens't rain here much. sounds like you're gonna be really busy. its good that you're planning to spend 30 minutes gardening, thats a lot of calories burned!

I'm doing okay on food & exercise, have a weigh-in today (hoping for at least 2 lbs loss). Hope everyone is doing okay on their challenges! :D

annie175
08-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Good Morning, morning...Hello Sunshine....Wake up Sleepy Head....

Just a singing this morning. Going to be HOT and HUMID here in Indy. Bleck, already have the sinus headache to go with it.

Am doing farely well on exercise. Walked two days this week so far. Plan on going out and melting again today. I need to re-do my decorative stone around my shrubs, I put them in upside down. You can only tell it if you are up one them looking at them, but not from the street. Guess I need Ms. Holly to help me with gardening. Track on down here Holly, I know you NEVER have anything to do. hahahahha.

Jiggly...how ya doing on everything? How did the weigh in go? Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Guess I will take some headache meds and try not to work to hard today at work.

Hugs to all

Annie

Hollyhock
08-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Going back to work today. The place where I work to earn income as opposed the place I work my a$$ off for no income.LOL!!! I didn’t get as much done as I had hoped in my week off but i am happy with the living room and few other things I accomplished.

I will be making pickles all this weekend and maybe some corn relish. Kids have swimming lesson every night this week at 6 and it has been chilly here.Hubby takes them tonight as i am working. I ate like crap last night for some bizarre reason.Have not done that for a very loooong time.

OH!!!! I am going to spend the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend with RuthXXX!!!!!( from the journals here) No kids, no hubby!! We have been trying for over 2 years.

I am all organized to head back to wok. Had to shave, do my nails...still need to finish my hair and make up...darn beauty industry. Have a new Avon display to set up.
Okey dokey...I am off..............................

Oh, I am planning a fresh start for Sept 4. Kids will be in school so I can get out and walk. 30 min a day.

Debbie
08-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Hey friends,
I haven't dropped off the earth!
I have missed everyone. Sounds like everyone is doing great.
I've had a stop in my weight loss. but I pray I'm back on track.....Again!
I refused to give up but sometimes I get stuck in one place or slide backwards.
Lunch is over. I got to go, but I love you guys! :grouphug: ya'll are a great inspiration :)

annie175
08-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

So glad to hear from you Debbie. We can do this. Come one jump on the wagon with me.

Hey Jiggly, don't give up, get back in here, today is a new day...

Holly...you are awesome.

I love ya guys,

Annie

annie175
09-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Hi Ya Girls.........

Where is everyone? I worked all weekend and am glad it is over. Work 18 hrs Ot the last two days.

Weight is still comeing off but very slowly now that I am down to 20 to go. This will be the hardes 20 lbs ever.

Hope everyone is doing great and had a nice holiday (US) labor day.

Hugs

Annie

Hollyhock
09-03-2007, 09:24 PM
I slept til 1pm Was up til 4am. Hubby got the kids brunch. It was such a good party. I counted 17 kids and then about 22 adults. The kids has so much fun. Lots of joyful noise. We had fireworks at 10pm. I served food after that. We roasted weenies and marshmallows all evening.
My sides hurt from laughing so much. It was a perfect mix of longtime friends and new friends. Nice way to end the summer. Kids and hubby are water sealing the back deck. I have some tidying to do and pencils and pencil crayons to find and sharpen for tomorrow. I am so sad the kids are going to school.
Need to do some laundry and plan supper. I may need another nap.

Feeling deeply happy.

oh...I am swearing off wine too. I managed not to over do it before 1am when the kids went to bed but went downhill between 1-4am. LOL!! my head is tender.

I start my clean eating challenge tomorrow. 10lbs down in Sept is my goal.

annie175
09-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey where is everyone?? I have 17 lbs to go. Whew who. Going to St. Louis this weekend, kids are going with me. Come on lurkers drop a line. I have been walking about 45 minutes a day, which is about 30 minutes more than I was.

Take care

Lots of Hugs

Annie

annie175
09-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Can you believe it Ladies. I only have 14 lbs to go to goal. I am very excited. Now I need to start saving for a tummy tuck. It is not real bad, but do have the "apron" thing going on.

Went to St. Louis to visit friends last weekend. We didn't do a lot but had a blast. I laughed a lot, and Lord do I love to laugh.

We have had some really nice weather her in Indy, but now is getting back to being real hot and humid again. 90's this week and next. Then I suppose fall will set in. I love the fall, it reminds me of my late grandpa. We used to sit out under his apple tree and share an apple. He would cut a slice for me then a slice for him. I still miss him so very much and he has been gone for 15 years. I loved him so.

Hope everyone is doing well. I miss you all.

Love and Hugs

Annie

Hollyhock
09-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Glad it was a good time Annie!! My baby girl turns 7 tomorrow. I have been trying to lose this 30 lbs for 7 years apparently.

Debbie
09-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Here I am again, apologizing for not staying in touch. I can't get my act together. I really hate being so out of control. :?:

Annie: I am so proud of you. You rock my friend...WOO HOO!!!

Holly: I'm glad everything is going well for you.

I going to try to get this thread restated. We used to be one of the hottest threads around. I really need this support.
I'm still attending WW but haven't had any sucess in over a year. loose 2 lbs and gain 1. What a wasted year.

Debbie
10-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi, It's me again. (whoose, whoose, WHOOOOOSE.) THAT'S ME TRYING TO BLOW LIFE INTO THIS THREAD. I go to WW tonight but I havn't had a loss in so long I don't expect anything.
Have you tried the healthy choice steamers salmon YUMM!

Hollyhock
10-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Hi Deb!!
So far today....
Got an oil change/tire rotation.
Did Grandma’s hair and visited.
Picked up Avon stuff.
Got car washed.
Consumed lunch.
Found $1200.00 in Board accts for School Council that was missing.
Brochures prepped for the hamlet. The village are next.
DW is running.
Chatted with my Sis. We both had School Council meetings last night. Compared notes.
2 baskets of wash folded.
Some stuff pre treating.
Just ate the most delicious pear.
Thinking on the newsletter for church.
Thinking hamburgers and salad for supper.
1 hour til DD comes home. Need to pick up DS after Cross Country at 4:30.
Last day of antibiotics for me. It is mostly cleared up.
Skating Lessons at 6pm.

2 days, 19 hours, 11 minutes, 16 seconds til I leave on my road trip. :shock:

Just recovering from a ruptured ear drum and double ear infection. Hearing loss is a royal pain.

I lost 2 lbs in Sept. My goal was 10, LOL!!!

annie175
10-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi Deb and Holly.........

Glad to see you back Deb. You know you can do this so get on the stick and let's do it.

Me and the kids went to a car show over the weekend, man was it beautiful out and there were over 3000 cars. All in beautiful condition all pre-1970. Truly amazing.
Chevy's, Fords, Merc's, all gorgeous. They also has a huge craft area. Picked up a couple of things there. Probably walked 5 miles on Saturday.

Ten lbs to go to 170. So close but yet so far. I walked for 30 minutes on my lunch, it is absolutely gorgeous here Indy today. I keep trying to think of a reason to leave work early, but always feel so guilty, I don't do it.

Let's keep each other pumped and jazzed about getting this weight off.

Hugs

Annie

Debbie
10-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Hey guys,
It worked the WHOOOSE! that is...lol.
I'm on a high note tonight I had a 3lb loss at ww. :carrot:
It was the water I gained last week but I'm enjoying it anyway.
I still have the same deadend job. The same still all at home family. The only thing different is I had my 16yo dog (my boys called her their furry sister)
put to sleep. I had no idea how hard that would be. I miss her dearly.

I better go I have a lot to do before bed

annie175
10-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Wowser Deb. 3lbs..Congrats to you, my friend. Keep up the good work. I know we can do this, stay strong and focused.

Sorry to hear of your loss of pet. That is the only thing I hate about getting pets. Bella (our 8 yr old Jack Russell) is getting up there in years, the thought of all that just makes me sad. It took me 10 years before I got another pet after our last dog died, because of that very reason.

I need to get my garage unpacked this weekend so I can put my car in it this winter, as winter will be here before I know it. It just creeps up on us.

It is beautiful here, 80s and partically sunny. Supposed to be nice for another week or so.

Stay on track

Hugs

Annie

Hollyhock
10-03-2007, 10:01 PM
GO Debbie!!
Annie- we are getting summer temps here this weekend.

Getting ready for my road trip.

Debbie
10-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Another work week about over. We have our sale in the morning so the afternoon is a little easier...
I've been doing fairly well on my eating, exercise is still just work related.
I've kept my membership up at the gym but haven't been since its been so hot. Heck it still in the 90's here. I don't think fall coming this year.

Debbie
10-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey everyone,
It's another lazy Sunday afternoon. Dgs is playing video games on the big screen so I'm having to record the race..oh well. Mam-maw can't say no...LOL I can't beleive he'll be 11 yo in November.

I've been doing better on my eating this w-end. I was able to say no to the donuts Dh brought home yesterday. I also noticed I'm eating smaller portions. I hope I'm about over this hump. I'm ready for a change. I've not read all of the old post but I see you 2 are doing great.

Annie: I'm just amazed!!! You have really worked so hard. :carrot:

I better go and get dinner started. I'm trying a new WW mexican cornbread recipe..

Later...:grouphug:

annie175
10-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi ya Girls....

Oh Deb I am so proud of you not eating the donuts. That is a NSV for sure. Smaller portions is the answer. Keep up the great work Deb.

I had a marvy weekend. Went to a wedding reception in my size Medium dress and borrowed stillettos(sp). Being 5'9" I don't own a pair. Everyone thought I looked marvelous and hot. I was kind of embarrased.

Saturday my DS and I went to see Mr. Woodcock. It has many funny parts but was not funny all the way through. Altho it did hold my interest. Spent Sunday afternoon with my momma. Took her to get new sheets for her bed and groceries.

Holly, hope your time away is going well with Ruthie.

Have a wonderful day today.

Hugs

Annie

Debbie
10-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi everyone,
I had a great day yesterday. I stayed op all day. I went to exercise b4 work then walked 1 1/4 mls after work. :carrot:
Ds has really socked on the weight, and refuses to do anything about it.
So I asked him to go to the park and walk with me because I didn't feel comfortable going by myself. He went!! He's the one that learning disabled
and you can't tell him anything. He want give up drinking regular sodas about
a gallons worth a day. I told him just stopping those and walking would get him started loosing. I hope he'll try hes only 5'4 and weighs over 325. He won't tell me but he has a 60' waist. :(

I going to try to stay on track for both of us. Cooking is not a problem I always cook low cal/fat but its the eating out that gets my family in trouble.

I better go lunch is over...later

annie175
10-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Hi Deb...sounds like you are on a roll. Good for you. Keep up the good work.

Maybe if eating too much is a prob for your family, don't make as much. Or don't buy as much?? I know it is hard to cut back on how much you prepare as I am having that problem all the time, now that I don't eat as much or eat what I fix the kids. It is really hard to adjust 35 years of cooking.

I did get my walking in yesterday, it kind of goes in spurts. It is especially hard when my walking buddy at work is not available to walk with me.

Stay focused and OP, I am rooting for ya Deb.

Hey to Holly, how ya doin?

Lurkers, come on and post we miss ya.

Hugs

Annie

Hollyhock
10-10-2007, 08:20 AM
I am okay Annie!!! Back to work today. Cleaned ALL day yesterday. Had an amazing 4 days away with wonderful people. Keep up the great work ladies!!

Debbie
10-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Hey guys
very busy today so this will be very short.
I feel like I'm doing well. No major mess ups. I did make it to exercise yesterday.

Later my friends...have a blessed day

Debbie
10-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Hi,
I had a good w-end. I stayed op. Worked out saturday. and walked sunday...:carrot:

I hope I have a loss again this week. That will be 3 weeks in a row.

later...:grouphug:

annie175
10-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Whew Who Deb. Rock on!!

Went to the Covered Bridge Festival on Saturday. I walked my arse off. Arrived at 9:30 am and didn't leave till 6:00pm. Got an adorable wooden mag rack for the bathroom.

Holly - how's work, kids, and all the wonderful things you do?

Stay OP and focused.

Hugs Annie

Hollyhock
10-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Oh, Annie....I feel so unvalued by my hubby. It really hurts some days. The kid are great tho and I keep doing my thing. Working at home today and I am thankful for that. My weight is terrible. I keep gaining and losing the same 5 lbs and haven't been below 230 in a looooong time. every time I get on a roll a I succumb to poor me eating in the late evening.

HUGS!!!

Debbie
10-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Holly: I know what your saying about the same 5 lbs. I have a buch of 5lb stars from WW but I'm within 6lbs of when I started this last time...BUT
I think I'm on the move again tho.

I worked out last night and I've ate op soooo. :crossed: The proof will be tonight...

Later

Girlie
10-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Ladies,

I'm back - again - oh, I hope you guys don't hate me!
So I was having dinner and flipping channels and caught the last part of the Biggest Loser. And I started to think about where the heck my weight loss motivation went. And I thought about you ladies, all of you, because we had so many highs and lows in the pas several years! And I was depressed to see that they closed my original thread...which I abandoned.

But I'm here now. And I'm SO happy to see you Debbie, Annie, Holly, MyChoice - are you there?

A quick recap on me - this month makes one year at my "new" job in hotel management. It's a good job, I'm very independent, I have employees and I love this new industry. But lately I've been thinking about the way I'm being perceived...chubby girl. I speak with many people each day, and meet many people each day. The elevators in my hotel are three walls of mirrors. And I glanced in them today...very hard to take. I get dressed in cute modern outfits every day but keep thinking about how much better I'd feel if I were thinner. Not just THIN. But healthier. Taking 20 pounds off of my frame would help me feel better each day. I'm starting to feel it in my back, and my chest...these 40DD's are killing me.

Help me guys. I don't even know where to start! But now that I'm in the swing of my job, there shouldn't be a reason why I can't start posting again, and making little changes. An hour on the elliptical again - that sounds so far away from me.

Here's to a new start with you, my friends.

Girlie
10-17-2007, 12:15 AM
oh um did I mention that the week of Thanksgiving I'll be in Hawaii? Next month is our 4-year anniversary! We both have workd a lot this year and had no vacation. We used to go on little trips every month or so, but not this past year. So we decided to reward ourselves with one big trip.

Now, I'm not trying to work miracles here. I've got a lovely swimsuit and a beach dress. I just want to FEEL good out there on that beach. I want to feel strong and know that I'm working on myself. And I'll have fun!

annie175
10-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Oh Girlie...I am so glad you are back. We have missed you. Don't worry about starting over, we all have started over many many times. and we certainly would NEVER hate you or anyone. That being said, come on, let's get focused and lose this weight.

Debbie is on a roll, jump aboard her flight and go. Deb, how did you do at WI?

Oh Holly, I am sorry your hubby does not appreciate you. Men can be so focused on themselves. Do what you can for yourself and kids as you always do. You are such a wonderful person. I truly admire you and all you do.

Just got an invitation from Bro/sis-in-law to go to the French Riviera in December 2008, a whole year away. Just airfare and spending, we will stay with sis' parents on the Riviera. Totally excited about it.

These last few pounds are a hum dinger to get off. Exercise has been minimal, need to up it some.

Special (((Hugs))) to Holly.

Big Welcome back to Girlie ((HUGS))

Keep on Rollin' Deb. ((HUGS))

Love

Annie

Debbie
10-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Hey Guys,
I had a gain last night but I'm not worried about it. I wore jeans instead of shorts.
I know that I'v worked out 3x and walked 3x. I've been weighing and measuring my food so I don't feel bad.

Girlie: :welcome3: We have missed you. :grouphug:

Gotta go lunch is over

Debbie
10-20-2007, 10:01 PM
:woo: I walked 2 mls today. This morning I went and worked out. I walk a 1/4 mile to warm up then do a 1/4 mile between each circuit, and end with another 1/4. Then ds and I went to the track this evening and walked another mile.

I've been doing better eating but still can't keep up a journal.

Hope everyone is well and enjopying your w-end

Later my friends...:grouphug:

Hollyhock
10-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Hi Deb... I am actually thinking about losing weight.....which is a start. I need to MOVE!!!

annie175
10-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Good Morning Girls........

All is well here. Great job on the exercise Deb. Walk Rock on....

Thinking about losng weight is a start Holly....now let's do this.

I cleaned out my garage from the move in June and can now actually park my car in there now. Who whoooooo...

Have a great OP day everyone.

Hugs

Annie

annie175
10-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Girlie, come on back in. We love ya. Today is another day. Start now.

Hollyhock
10-22-2007, 10:37 AM
HI Annie...So far so good today( day 1) Cream of wheat and an orange.
I have a chest cold.:mad:

Gotten some niggles looked after. Tried to arrange day care for Christmas break. My sitter usually takes it off. I asked for one of the 2 weeks off work. Boss was weird about it. Suddenly talking about employment rules and such...never came up before now. Been there 9 months. Um.....spose i am entitled to a raise too. Need to look at those rules. First time I have had an employer in over 15 years. She is very non structured.

Roast is brewing in the slowcooker.

Need to find notes from a workshop for the speech for Thurs.

Debbie
10-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Hey everyone,
I had a great w-end except it wasn't long enough. I ate several mini meals because I was always hungry.

Good today so far,
B- oats with raisins and splenda 3pts
yogurt 1pt

L- healthy choice steamer 4pts

I plan to go workout this evening

later

annie175
10-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Holly and Deb....Great starts to each day, hope the rest of your day went as well. May the force be with you.....

Girlie...where are you darlin'?

Had a poo attack on the way to work, had to stop at a gas station and go. THANK GOD it was a clean restroom.

Have a super day ladies..

Hugs

Annie

Hollyhock
10-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Yikes Annie! Glad it all worked out.

Food was god until last night. Definitely a problem time. So far so good today again. And I will not eat after supper!!!!

Debbie
10-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Hey everyone,
DH was off this w-end. I OVERATE...I see a pattern.
We went on a ride to a German community thats about 90 mls away. Of course we had dinner there. I have no control when we eat out.
The weather was beautiful 50's when we left and uppper 60's when we got home.

I hope to get back on track. :(
Hope everyone is well..:grouphug:

annie175
10-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Ok Deb, guess you are not allowed to go out and eat or travel anymore, till you get a grip on this weight loss thing. ;^)

Holly, what the heck you been up to?

Went to Missouri last weekend to visit friends, we had a great time. Always do there.

Still not exercising much, just walking some. Need to get in gear.

Have a great day. Stay OP and focused girls.

Hugs

Annie

Hollyhock
11-01-2007, 07:45 AM
I am still sick. it's been almost 2 weeks.It is getting me down. I dont have an appetite which is odd even when I am sick so I am enjoying that part. I am having small meals and fruits and veg snacks. I would like to maintain this part.
Kids had a great Halloween. Hubby took them out. I work today 12-8. Hoping i feel better than i did yesterday as the day goes on.

HUGS!!!!!!

annie175
11-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Wow Holly, you poor thing. Do you take vitamins? I really didn't believe in them till I had surgery. They do make a difference.

Get well wishes coming your way.

Hugs.
Annie

annie175
11-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Hey, where is everyone? Come back, come back, whereever you are.....

Debbie
11-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey,
I'm still here. I'm just cruising on. Maintaining...HOO HUM
My life is so predictable its boring. I would like some change but not much.
Maybe a new job. I've had 2 in the last 20 years. Same home,hubby and everything... GOSH...I'm boring.

Later my friends :grouphug:

annie175
11-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Hey Deb,

Maybe get a hobby?

Big news.....I have a date for Saturday night. He is really nice. Tall 6'6", 45 (I am 47) Black hair, goatee. Computer dude at work. I am very excited.

Hugs Everyone,

Annie

Hollyhock
11-09-2007, 09:04 PM
HI Deb and Annie!!!!

Annie - a date!!!!!!!! You must share the details.....well not all of them if it's a good date.
Deb- maybe a new job is a good idea.I could find lots for you to do here.

I am feeling about 90% well. Still have a lingering cough.
This is how my weekend is looking....
To Do This Weekend!!!
- work Saturday 9-3
-Remembrance Day service 11- ?-Sunday
-home tonight!!!!!
-call-Pauline
-call-Marilyn
-call-Krista
-clean out back hall
-clean office
-get brochures out fri evening
-orders delivered on Sat
-clean both bathrooms
-clean the top of my dressers
-tidy upstairs( with kids)
-sweep, swiffer& mop floors upstairs
-create chore chart/point system
-sweep and wash kitchen floor
-place ad in Gazette( today!!!)
-posters up for School Council
-DS needs winter hat, DD needs tights
-do Avon returns
-order turkey for next Sunday
-clean living room, put up Christmas tree
-clean diningroom
-make Christmas to do list
-groceries

Made a yummy roast chicken potato and carrot dinner with gravy. Yum. DS's week got much better.( baaaaaad day on Monday, been grounded ever since) DD is now very sick with what I had.She cried hard, in my arms, for 45 min before dinner. She is just so sick.
Cleared out the back hall!! Cleaned and organized. Kids helped!!!!!

Much love to you!!!

annie175
11-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Wowser Holly, did you get all those things accomplished? Sheesh you are a busy beaver. Dinner sounds absolutely delish.

Deb, where oh where are you, my dear?

I had a great time on my date, however something is just not quite right, one of those gut feelings that he is gay or something. Just not sure. But we had a great time.

Gots lots of work to do. Chat later ladies.

Hugs

Annie

upswife
11-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi ladies! It is so awesome that you are all still here. I really fell off over the summer...had some health issues, but now I am ready to pick up the pieces. I have been feeling so tired, and worn out, but I know if I can make it to the gym on a regular basis, I will feel better. hubby is having difficulties getting there too, so we both cry in each others beer. :cry: I am going to make it this time, I know I have put almost all of the weight that I lost back on. I will do an official WI soon, but can't think about the scale yet.

Life is always busy, so I will just have to make time for me!

annie175
11-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Ellen,

We have missed you, come on back, let's do it this time.

Hugs

Annie

Hollyhock
11-16-2007, 08:47 PM
HI UPS!!! HI Annie and Deb!!

I feel well today!! What a terrible run. I had that double ear and sinus infection for 2 weeks,I was well for 10 days, and then viral pneumonia for 4 weeks. Enough of that nonsense!!

Just listening to my Boney M Christmas cd while making fudge. I have an 18lb turkey in the fridge....weeeeeeeeee!!! Hubby's family are coming for Christmas this Sunday.

annie175
11-20-2007, 08:13 AM
OOOOoooooo weeeeeeeeeeeee Happy Holidays Everyone!!

upswife
11-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks Annie and Holly!

I have officially restarted. My eating has been good, and I made it to the gym yesterday. I am going to go this afternoon when DS gets home from school. I am going to set 5lb goals for myself. I am hoping that I can stay motivated...and my kids don't get sick! That always throws me off. Well, I have to finish laundry from yesterday and still clean up before our party on Friday. Happy holidays ladies!!!!

annie175
11-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Hey girls. I have made it to my first goal..down to 170 lbs. My next and last goal is 165lbs. I haven't been this little in 20 years. I feel so happy.

Hollyhock
11-20-2007, 08:44 PM
I do adore you gals!!!!!!

upswife
11-22-2007, 07:37 PM
So proud Annie!!!! Great job!

((hugs)) holly!

annie175
11-26-2007, 07:49 AM
Rainy days and Mondays, boy Indiana is having one.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and stayed OP.

Hugs

Annie

upswife
11-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Not a good weekend for food, but I still managed to lose a pound! I am back on diet for now, but getting to the gym has been awful. I am going to try to go tomorrow, but I hurt my back last week, and it is still bothering me. Well, the kiddies are in bed, so I am off for some quiet time...thinking maybe a bath. we'll see ;)

Girlie
11-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Evening, ladies.
I'm up late, my stomach has been majorly messed up for the past 24 hours. TMI ALERT - all watery! I've never had this before. Everything I eat/drink just comes back out as liquid. How strange.

I think about 3fc's often so I decided to post today. I got back from Hawaii on Monday. Seeing all of those wonderful bodies on the beach got me to thinking. We are thinking about going back next November. My mother is Japanese, and we all (me, my bro, my mom) may go there and meet my grandmother who I've never met. It's a short 9 hour flight from Japan to Honolulu.

Anyway, the beach was lovely. I was a little self concious but I love my swimsuit and I was so enthralled about the beach that I pretty much didn't care what I looked like. I got a nice tan!

BUT, I would like to go back and not be self concious at all. Not perfect, but I'd like to be less jiggly :) I realized I'm very self consious about my thighs.

I've been eating well the past couple of days. I've found lots of great healthy products that I've been using. As always, I have trouble drinking water.

So, hang in there with me and I will with you. We'll see what is going on. I'm still trying to get my sleep in order. But hoping to make it to the gym this weekend - I haven't been in a few months. I'm sure the stuff in my locker is just gathering dust!

I think the hardest part about going back to the gym is thinking that the people who work there are like, "geez, she hasn't been here since..." When in all reality, we all know that no one is actually checking up on me, and there are tons of others like me. So cross your fingers that I muster up the courage to go back!

girlie

Girlie
11-30-2007, 12:19 AM
Annie - you are a great inspiration. I'd like to hear more about your story when you have time - how long did it take you to make your goal, what are your biggest struggles and how do you overcome them...and what you eat in a typical day???

You should post before/after pics!

girlie

annie175
11-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi Girlie..

I must admit, I had Bariatric Surgery on Feb 12. HOWEVER.....my surgeon said whether you have surgery or not if you will eat your Protein first, then veggies, then fruit, stay away from starch-breads and NO sugars, anyone can lose the weight at a good pace. That is how I have to eat all the time. IF you eat protein, veggies, then fruit, you will not have room for or even crave the rest. Once they are out of your system, you don't crave them.

I just had my pix taken today, once I get it back I will post before and after pix.

I am here for you, please keep posting.

Love you,

Annie

Hollyhock
12-03-2007, 08:33 AM
We are getting some kind of nasty weather. No snow yet. It poured rain all night( +6C) and now temps have dropped to -2C and the winds are 45km an hour. Buses are delayed. I assume they will be cancelled. Hubby is home. It is my day "off".
I am just coming off of a whole month of non stop events, payroll type work, hockey, skating and other stuff. All went quite well. I still have Avon orders to place and some to pack but it is looking doable. My BIG event was this past Thurs where I MC and was a guest speak.I placed most of my Christmas shopping thru Sears and picked up fabric on Sat evening to have matching flannel nighties and pj pants made for the whole family from Santa.
Much catching up to do around the house too.

Oh, I am still quite fat. been thinking about it more tho. I have been some small amounts of exercise at home.

HUGS!!!!!!!

annie175
12-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Holly you are one busy beaver.

upswife
12-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Hello Ladies!!!

Things are well, I am just a little wiped out because of Aunt Flo! No loss this week, but no gain either... so I think that makes me even. I will take that. Hoping exercise will get better, the strain in my side/back seems to be getting better, so I will try to get to the gym tomorrow. Nothing heavy tho just the elliptical.

On a very positive note~I have been e-mailing an old friend that I lost contact with. I always regretted the fact that we fell apart so now we have a chance to catch up! The weirdest part is that we both have been living in the same city...50mi from were we grew up!!! Well, Have to get my Laundry done..DH is on his way home from a small business trip, and I want it to look lIke I actually did something while he was gone!! LOL :P

Hollyhock
12-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Finding old friends is so nice UPS!!

We are snowed in. I shoveled over 3 hours today and then hubby went out and 2 more hours. The kids are loving it!!!

Girlie
12-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Hi All,

Ugh, I'm so cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie, - it's ok....I'm sure Bariatric helped...but a friend of mine was scheduled for it...while she was waiting to get it done, she gained 50-60 pounds, I guess in anticipation of getting it done, and when she got it, she did lose 50 pounds or so in a few months, but after that, nothing. So it's definitely not a magic surgery - you still really have to work at it. So I'm proud of you! Can't wait to see your pics!

Holly - thinking about it is a major start. Because I know I will just NOT think about it at all. I think it's SO cute that you're having matching pjs for the family!

annie175
12-07-2007, 12:45 PM
I don't think I am doing this right

upswife
12-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Love your pics Annie!!! You look fabulous!!! It is still hard work, even with surgery, so I am very proud!!!Great job!

Holly, I love the snow too, but I don't think I could handle having to shovel that much!! lol thankfully we only got about 3 or 4 inches. By the time I got out there, I only had to shovel for about 40 mins, and it was easy going, not like the iced over stuff. Love the PJ Idea!

Have to run and pick up my sister, she is watching the kiddies so DH and I can go Christmas Shopping! We usually do all of it online, but DS is getting a new Bike and we want to pick it up ourselves. So here we go, like the rest of the nuts out there waiting till the last minute!!!:spin:

annie175
12-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Thank you Ellen. xoxoxo

Hollyhock
12-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Oh MY Annie!!!!!!!!!! You look fabulous. I am soooooooo proud of you!!!!!! Quite the vixen in that pink sweater and heels!!!!!!!!!

annie175
12-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Oh thank you Holly. I still see myself fat, but am trying to adjust.

upswife
12-11-2007, 11:11 PM
I am ready to start again, but this cold is kicking my butt! I want to go exercise, but I can barely move. I had to run to the store today, and I thought I was going to die by the time I finished. Here's hoping that I will feel better soon! DD is finally feeling better and back to school tomorrow...she can't wait!

annie175
12-12-2007, 08:34 AM
ahhh Ellen, here's to you feeling better, my dear. Nothing more miserable than a cold. DD and DS are both fighting a cold, I am trying to stay away from both of them.

upswife
12-18-2007, 09:25 AM
WE also had a round of the stomach flu come thru...DH even got it! I only had a touch, so I am wondering if that is all that I will get. I hope so. On the plus side I have not been eating much, so at least I haven't gained LOL I have to venture out in the snow and pick up teacher gifts...I was going to do that on Saturday, but ended up taking my mom to the dr's. She is ok...just the flu and a UTI. Double whammy! Well, I gotta run DD2 wants her mommy time while everyone else is at school.

upswife
12-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Rose Marie Sweeney was born this morning!!! Yay!!!:woohoo:

:bday2you:

Long awaited arrival of a dear friends baby!

annie175
12-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Happy Birthday Rose Marie!!!

Happy Holidays to Everyone!

Hollyhock
12-21-2007, 07:28 PM
HI!!! I had a nasty 24 bug this week but am doing just fine now.
It is very festive in my house. weeeeeeeeeeeee Kids had a great last day of school. We took some treats to the sitter and she gave a sweet gift to the kids. Work was good. A few bottles of wine and boxes of chocolates were left in my hands. mmmmmm...thanks! A couple of my ladies head to Florida til March. Gonna miss them.

Work from 9-1 tomorrow and then off til Thursday!! Piano recital at the retirement home tomorrow at 2 and then I am off to do my Grandma's hair.
Sunday we have church, kids are playing piano there too, and off to see a movie with some friends. Monday we rest and I will make a turkey dinner for us. My sis is cooking prime rib on Christmas Day. My grandma is really not up to a lot of being out but we all hope she can manage 2 hours. Love her so much.
I still need to find 2 little things for DD.Maybe Sat aft on my way to Grandma's .
You have no idea how happy I am. BIG change from this time last year. I would have never thought it was possible. We had a very fun gathering here last Sat evening. Things have been positive and laid back. Yippee!!

Merry Christmas to you fabulous Chicks!!!!!

Hollyhock
12-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Church was beautiful this morning.Our new minister and his wife, who is also a minister, sing like angels and did a duet. Then our tiny adult choir ,with it's 6 members, did a two part/round song with our SS kids.The kids sang in Latin. Beautiful again. Then my two kids each played a song on the piano followed by 3 others. Hubby came today and was sweet. He went to visit friends this aft.
My kids and I met a dear friend with his two kids for a movie this aft.
Alvin and the Chipmunks was a great family movie. Very funny. Then the kids and I did our Dollar Store shopping.

I have so much to do here. I would really like to have the house tidy and moderately clean for Christmas. It's just the 4 of us here tho. Both kids need baths tonight. Some presents to wrap. Pumpkin Dump Cake to make.
Maybe I will do the cake and then clean the kitchen well......

.........Kids are bathed,had an apple and in bed. I baked my cake. Hubby is continuing to be lighthearted and sweet. So nice. My sis and her hubby cleared the rest of the ice at Grandma's so she will be able to come out on Tues.( I did her her hair and chopped ice on the side walk last night). My Dad has not missed Christmas dinner with his Mom ,ever, in 65 years. Not gonna start now.
Hubby is going to work for part of the day tomorrow. I will be cleaning and cooking. Kids can R&R.
I want to wrap the matching PJ's I had made. I will post pics of them. I will give them to everyone to wear tomorrow evening.

Ho Ho Ho and Fa la la la la..................

annie175
12-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Happy New Year!!

Holly- I am so glad you are in a happy place, you so deserve to be.

Unfortunately, I caught my DD & DSs cold and am fighting it with full force while AT WORK. I really want to be home in bed.

My DD got me a new beautiful watch and DS got me a set of pearls for Christmas. I am so blessed with great kids, great life, and much love. Santa brought me a gift cert. for my nail place. Yeah, go Santa....

Here is to a healthy and prosperous 2008 to all!!

Hugs and Love

Annie

upswife
12-31-2007, 10:10 AM
Holly~so glad that you are in a much better place. I know you made a lot of big changes this year, but all the hard work is worth it! Yay for you!!!!

Annie~I am pretty much in the same boat as you...only I Am not at work, but all three kiddies have it, and I am the only one to take care of them while DH is at work. Hoping all will be better soon.

Our Christmas went well.., We went to my aunt's house on Christmas eve, got to see the entire extended family. then after that we went to Midnight Mass at church. DS and my two youngest brothers all served, I was surprised that none of them fell asleep up there. LOL My two DD's and my youngest sister all fell asleep in the pew. CHristmas day was nice and relaxing...the kids all played with their new toys, and DH and I got to sit back and enjoy the peace (for 10 mins at least)

Went to the gym this weekend, it actually went better than I thought...but having sick one will keep me out for a few more days...hopefully after the new year I can get back to a routine and get there more often. Hope you girls have a wonderful eve tonight. No plans for us, but tomorrow we are taking the kids bowling!

annie175
12-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Hello Ladies.........

Am feeling much better this week, we get tomorrow off so will lay around and relax to help with recovery.

2007 was a very good year for me and I feel 2008 will even be better.

Hope that 2008 is wonderful for both of you ladies!!

Love and many hugs,

Annie

Hollyhock
01-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Happy New Year Annie and UPS!!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Such a good time last night. I was up til 4am tho. yaaaaaaawn. Coffee is dripping thru. Ds was the only boy to 9 other girls but he survived. We played games, laughed, listened to great music, ate way too much yummy food, shared some wine and champers.

I will definitely be taking a nap later. I have the fixins here for brunch. DS is up. Oh...theres' DD.

HUGS!!!!! and best wishes for the New Year!!!

Girlie
01-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Happy New Year Ladies! Here's a to a new year. We can make it what we want it to be!

Holly, I dunno how you do it!

DH and I had a laid back New Year as usual. We THOUGHT about going to a party that we were invited to, or going downtown, but Christmas was very busy for us - had family over, etc...so we have been wiped out. We napped a lot today, got small things done around the house and had dinner.

We plan to hit the gym sometime this week. I admit, I'm sure it's been six months since I've been there! All in my locker must be dusted off. I kind of miss it though. This next few weeks will be packed at the gym due to all of the NY resolutions. And I'm nervous, I admit it. But at least we'll be together.

Then I'll be able to find out how much I really weigh. I was 247 I think last I weighed, and I would not be surprised if I've broken the 250 mark. Oh my. But first step is to admit and face the facts, and then do something about it.

So I will be reunited with my dear elliptical this week...wish me luck.

girlie

annie175
01-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Goodluck to you Girlie!!!! And much willpower dust sprinkled your way. Don't wait so long to post, we love ya and want to support you, no matter what your state of diet.

Holly, what a wonderful way to celebrate.

We went to see the movie "Juno" yesterday, OMG hilarious thruout the movie. Not for kids, but a very very funny adult movie.

Have a peachy, OP great day and year.

May the force be with us.

Hugs

Annie

upswife
01-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Girlie~ I know what you mean! I really have to get back to the gym too, but I hate when it is too crowded. Oh well, kinda like getting in a pool, sometimes you just have to close your eyes and jump in!!!

We had a relaxed NYE too. just stayed at home with the kids. DH started to watch the Beverly Hillbillies marathon, and the kids thought it was hilarious. I am now trying to get up the gumption to get outside and shovel again. Not too much snow, but it just kept coming down. also have to head to the bank, do like 2 weeks worth of laundry, and get the kitchen cleaned up. hope you ladies have a wonderful day!

Hollyhock
01-02-2008, 03:35 PM
I am determined this in my year to reach 199!!!! All the marriage drama( crap) and kids issues seems to be behind us. everything else is flowing smoothly. Maybe I can actually take care of me for a bit.

Hi Girlie!!! Hugs to all!!!

annie175
01-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Holly...You Go Girl....make it all about you. That is what I did starting last Feb 12, 2007.

Rock On!!

Hollyhock
01-03-2008, 09:31 AM
So far I have done nothing but contemplate my weight and what I should do about it. It’s been a couple of years since i have actively tried to do anything about. Too much other stuff to keep on top of. This is the first time in 9 years both hubby and DS are in a good space. Do ya think I might be able to take care of me for a bit?? Something beyond basic survival?

I ,sadly, dont know where to start or feel like I really have the motivation. I just know the insane amount of angst here is less and I am not scrambling to keep everyone else stable.I still have a HUGE work load here.
I find it interesting that my boss at the shop is is lazy and needy. It is easier to have boundaries with her. But she does not clean a damn thing, ever. I always go 15 min early to clean up her mess from the night before so I can do my own clients. She is the poster girl for what not to do when raising your kids, LOL! Her parents still do EVERYTHING for her ( age 23) and cant understand why she is irresponsible. When I was 23 I had lived on my own for 6 years and worked my way thru hairdressing school and then 3 years of college. And my parents thought i was immature and lazy. LOL!!

I do have a plan, as of yesterday, to log my food intake( and finances) daily. I know I need to move more. I KNOW all the basic stuff. It is doing it that is the problem. During the day I am pretty good with food intake. I pack lunches for work that are balanced. Breaky is either a scrambled egg or cream of wheat and fruit. Late night is my issue. Always has been. It is the cheese.Beautiful cheese. Never met a cheese I didn’t like....
Cheese is expensive. I could save lots of $ if i didn’t eat cheese.

For this week( well til Sunday) I will log everything I eat. I will not eat cheese after 7pm. I will do some kind of intentional exercise every day. Even if for a few min.

upswife
01-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Holly I am with you on this one! I have started my food log today, and I WILL keep it up. My goal for this week and next is to make the gym a priority, also due in part to finances, I am putting a cap on eating out. Unfortunately we stayed too late at a friends house yesterday, and we ended up getting burger king on the way home. oh well, so much for starting on the right foot...I'll just have to hobble along. LOL

Goals:

1) Drink water not soda
2) stay around 1500 HEALTHY calories
3) get in 3-4 good sessions at the gym every week
4) Continue to write down everything that goes in my mouth

Holly we CAN do this! I will think of you everytime I want to eat more! I don't want to have to come on and fess up that I was bad, together we can help each other.(hugs)

upswife
01-08-2008, 09:11 AM
I made it to the gym yesterday!!! Eating was not bad, but I did go over calories :( I will try to do better today, and I finally got my water refilled, so I am going to plan on drinking that all day, then I won't be so hungry.

The kids are off for school, so I better get moving too.

Hollyhock
01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Good for you UPS for getting to the gym!!

I am eating less and have done some exercise. It is a start. I ave been having crampy issues the last couple of days. I am feeling more focused tho and aware.

HUGS!!!!

upswife
01-09-2008, 10:12 PM
:cheer2:Yay Holly!!!:cheer2: :tantrum:Boo cramps!:tantrum:

(((((Tons of hugs)))))

Hollyhock
01-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Hi UPS. How is your week going?
7 more hours of work and then i am off til Tues morning. Yippee!!!! I really need to kick house butt. (and take down Christmas decorations)
Right now I am enjoying the Sat morning solitude cause everyone else is still sleeping. Imagine only making breaky and packing lunch for oneself and no one bickering in the background. Bliss.
Been mostly focusing on my finances and clearing out my office. Shredding stuff is quite releasing. I still had baby care/emergency files for every kid I had in my home since 2001. Right now i am recording every penny we spend and, everything we earn. Writing down every cent you spend every day is really scary but helps. Probably should do the same with my food intake. I am getting there.

upswife
01-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Enjoy your time off! I finally got the Christmas Decoraions down yesterday, then had to clean up all the pine needles!but is is all finally done. I made it to the gym 3 times this week. I was hoping to go today, but DH and I are both sore from yesterday's stint there.

Good for you writing down every cent...We tried that and it got overwhelming, but we still watch where it goes...the problem is that most of it goes towards gas for the cars, but what can you do.

I am a little bummed because I Pre weighed, and after exercising and tring to eat right I have only lost half a pound. I was hoping for a full pound, but we will see what the scale says Sunday morning. I am meeting with a trainer on Monday to evaluate my workout routine.

Have to run DD has a B-day party this afternoon, then I am meeting a freind for coffee.

Hollyhock
01-12-2008, 03:42 PM
I do best when I weigh every morning. Otherwise I creep up and avoid the scale cause i know i am creeping up. i am very happy to be home right now. Yippee for working out!!!!

upswife
01-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Hey girls! I had a busy weekend, I haven't been on since Friday! I know what you mean holly, But I can't wight everyday, I was getting too obsessive about it. I weigh once a week now, and I am much happier. I saw the trainer today, and I am very happy. She showed me the machines I need to be working on, and how much cardio I should be doing. Unfortunately I can't afford to see her on a regular basis...even tho I would love it!

She was very knowledgeable, and even took into consideration the money issues. hopefully I will be able to retest in a few weeks and see some results. Not much else going on...same old same old.

Annie & Girlie where are you???

annie175
01-15-2008, 12:20 PM
I weigh every morning. It is just habit and I like to know where I stand each day.

I took all my Christmas stuff down on Christmas day. By that time, I am so ready for it all to be over. The needles from the tree sticking to my stocking feet doesn't feel to great either.

Just finished lunch, leftover meatloaf, greenbeans, and sauted mushrooms. Was quite good too.

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs

upswife
01-15-2008, 12:47 PM
We took our decorations down on Thursday. We don't put the tree up until right b4 Christmas, so I think it works out to being the same amount of time. LOL

Your lunch sounds wonderfull!

Hollyhock
01-16-2008, 09:08 AM
I did not snack at all last night. I do, however, have a terrible headache. Could it be cheese withdrawal. LOL!!!

upswife
01-16-2008, 01:12 PM
:Cheer: holly

Sorry you have a headache...LOL cheese withdrawl/

I made it to the gym again today!! I really like the program and I know I will beable to keep it up. Hopefully I can keep my food in line with the exercise...what a challenge! Well, off to eat lunch!

Hollyhock
01-18-2008, 06:58 PM
HIya UPS!!
The restaurant across the road from work has a new owner. She has added FRESH food to the menu. Everything before was fried. She has a traditional greek salad, all veggies, no lettuce, with black olive and feta. I LOVE salad but hate making it. This is worth the $5.00. I usually get 2 meals out of it!

A shortish day at work. A good day. My headache is gone today. Still have very achey shoulders. Stress, I am sure.
DS had a good counseling session. I am quite certain I get as much out of it as he does. We had a good talk there and back. No radio on. 40 min drive each way. Picked up KFC for supper.

To DO tonight
- clean the kitchen- total disaster, no clean plates or pots to cook in, hence the chicken
-clean both bathrooms
- make grocery list
-finish writing proposal for boss re renting my chair
-make list for office/biz supplies for work

HUGS!!!

upswife
01-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Holly, I am feeling very achy too. must be the cold, we are getting a bit of the arctic cold, temps running in the single digits (both neg and pos) We had KFC last week, it was so yummy, and good in a salad the next day!!! I am going to run talk to you later

Hollyhock
02-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Join us!!
Hi UPS and Girlie or anyone else. Since we are not a busy thread i am wondering if you want to join me with a group of the Worldly Chicks. We do a monthly thread. Annie has been posting there. They are a good bunch.There would be more support that way.

This month we a Frassin Freezin with the Worldy Chicks.