Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 12:03 AM   #1  

Default Fabulous 40's #93

Here is Ruth's message on page 2.
--------------------------------------------

short & sassy

Evening ladies, I'm late getting in here tonight because I had classes. By the time I got home and figured out how to spend the rest of my points, well, its now 10 o'clock.

I've had a good day today. My husband came home with the home gym that I wanted. I can't wait to get it put together so I can start working out with weights. I tried on a pants suit that dh bought either last Christmas or the one before. It is a size 16 and fits without being super snug through the bust, but my arms are tight. I need to start exercising the upper arms so they will get smaller. I'll be in that pantsuit this CHRISTMAS!!!

At school, I found out that I made 75% on a biology test that I thought (was positive) that I had failed!! The biology teacher gives a 20 point curve, which means I made 95%. I may get through this semester with a 4.0 after all.

Hi Diane, I missed seeing everyone in the chat room tonight. I keep getting a script error and the darn thing will not load. I love the support in the chat room.

Thanks everybody, the loss does wonders for the self-confidence!! Hope you all do as well, have to keep reminding myself "any loss is a good loss"!

Talk to you tomorrow

Ruth

Last edited by points; 11-28-2001 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-28-2001, 12:07 AM   #2  

Congrats to you Ruth. 95%. That is great! Also on your clothes.
You must be on cloud 9. That is so cool.

Dianne,
Yes I loved Billy Dee and James in the roles. This one should be more realistic. Maybe a little too realistic.
Thanks for your kind words.

The gif is for you Ruth.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 11-28-2001, 04:58 AM   #3  

Hi My Buddies,

I'm back. Dianne, it sure felt like I was hibernating After all the running around trying to get the XBox for my son I feel exhausted! Still can't get it All the stores say they only get 5 to 6 a day & they go very fast. It feels like when those ferbies came out Pete stood on line for 2 hours to get one for my niece! The things we do for our children

Anyway, how are you guys? I've been fine. I think I'm catching a cold. Could be allergies, I can't even tell anymore. I gotta tell you it's been hard to stay OP when you're out shopping all the time. I'm almost done, thank God!

Well, have to get ready for work. I'll be back this evening. Have a great day Terri, Jen, Dianne/twin, Myra, JanieD & Ruth.

Missed you all!

Love,
Essie
Old 11-28-2001, 05:34 AM   #4  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

My WI is tonight and I am dreading it. It has been a tough week. Cross your fingers for me.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:53 AM   #5  

Myra, I'm crossing my fingers and saying a prayer!! Thanksgiving is a tough week, but this is a new week and you'll be fine at next Wednesday.

Diane, sounds like your shopping is exhausting. My grandson has a Nintendo 64 and a Sony playstation, he will just have to wait a year or so before he gets the new version of anything!! lol I'm such a MEAN grandma!! lol

Well it is cold, wet and dreary weather here. Wish I could stay home!! But I'm heading off to work and school.

Take care,
Ruth
Old 11-28-2001, 09:16 AM   #6  

Good Luck Myra! You will be fine. Your journal's were excellent.

Es,
Good luck. I hate when I want to get something at Christmas and I can't find it. Frustrating.
My kids got a nintendo 64 for Christmas 3 yrs. ago and it is in the boy's room and then my mom got them the sega dreamcast when they first came out for Christmas the next year and it is now in Britt's room and this year for a combined birthday gift they got Playstation2 and it is in the family room. That is it for a couple years. I did get them the game boy advances though. They got the game boy colors a couple of years ago and they use them all of the time. Britts says no to game boys, she's too old, but she exclaimed that she is happy cause now on the trips she can play their game boys while they play their new ones.
Old 11-28-2001, 03:54 PM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ruth, that's so great about your grades. AND the better fit on the pantsuit. You're doing it!

Es, it was so good to hear from you! I was beginning to think you were MIA. Sorry about the xbox problem. They're going like hotcakes here also; glad I don't have to buy one! The horror of the Cabbage Patch doll Christmas still gives me the chills. And that was how many years ago?

Janie, that project sounds rather involved for Brownies...sounds like you came up with a good method. I've still got laminated bookmarks that Jess made back in 1980 when she was a little Brownie. Those really make great mementoes.

Terri, was sorry to hear the story about your grandpa. No wonder you relate to that movie so...it's a reminder of a big occasion in your life.

Myra....good luck. Fingers are crossed.

Hi to Dianne, Zoe and Joyce....where are you Joyce? Hope you're well, just busy!

~Jen
p.s....notice how quickly we're starting new threads? due to our skill with the gif's/artwork taking up more space! that's ok....we have a great looking thread, don't we?

Last edited by Jenny523; 11-28-2001 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-28-2001, 05:03 PM   #8  

I love them.

The cabbage patches were out when my nephew was very little (like 2) because I remember my cousin witnessing a fight between other moms (Blood) when she was trying to get one for her little girl. This little girl was born the day before my wedding. My nephew was born 4 mos. later. That was 1982. So I'd say around 84'. That was amazing reading about that. My mom collects them. We have to get her one every year. I think they are ugly but that is just me.
I only had trouble once finding a toy and those were the BUBBA dolls a few years ago. My sister in Ohio went the day after Thanksgiving at 6:00 a.m. at a walmart and her and her sister-in-law and niece (no relation to me) ran with the other moms and grabbed up three. That is the only time they ever did that. They admitted it was fun but they said won't do it anytime soon.
When the furbies came out I said sorry. Maybe your birthdays.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 11-28-2001, 05:40 PM   #9  

Hi,
I guess I am somewhat fortunate, my daughter hasn't gotten on the band wagon of any of those fad toys. (Knock on Wood) She is such a clothes horse though. I guess that is what I get for having a fashion model in the family.

I WI this morning and there was no change. I consider that a victory considering Thanksgiving. I was hoping to reach my goal by the end of the year, but I think a more realistic time frame might be the end of January.

Ruth,
Congratulations on your great grades! As much of a student as I was (I have a PhD in mechanical Engineering) I never got a 4.0. You should be very proud of yourself!

Hey everybody,
I just got some very sad news. My friend Wally is moving away. He's taking a job in Albequerque. As most of you know he's been kind of my inspiration for staying OP. I'm going to really need you guys to get me through this.

LOTs of Hugs,

Janie
Old 11-29-2001, 07:04 AM   #10  

Janie, thank you. I jokingly tell people I pray for "Smart Angels" before every test. I also spend a lot of time studying. Two of the A's this semester I have gotten on my own, the biology grade is with a generous curve by the professor. But I'll take it anyway I can get it. I don't expect to continue a 4.0, but the longer it is maintain the less impact of a lower grade later on. I still have to take college algebra, calculus, heredity and physical science. At that point, we'll see what the grades are. My goal is to maintain at least a 3.5. Oh yes, congratulations on the maintain. I agree with you, that is an achievement for the week of Thanksgiving. Good luck at reaching your goal, isn't that a wonderful feeling being so close. Sorry that your friend is moving. Moral support is a wonderful thing to have. I'm sure I speak for everybody when I say that we will be here with lots of cyberhugs and encouragement for you.

Cabbage Patch, what a horror! We had three girls to buy for, I know that I must have purchased three dolls each over a three year period. That was the only time that I've purchased anything that was hard to get the first year.

Well everybody, I've got a few things to do before school, take care and I'll check in later.

Ruth
Old 11-29-2001, 10:06 AM   #11  

Good morning women

Es - good to see you back here. Have you tried to order that video thingy on-line? Even if they don't have it right away Toys-R-Us (via Amazon) will let you know when they do. Gosh the last toy fad I remember what the "Tickle Me Elmo" mad rush!
It's really amazing how advertising works on people - turns them into lunatics out for blood!

Ruth - congrats on your grades - terrific.

Jen - How are you doing in school - you guys will be having finals soon right? I've received flyers for both Justin and Alana for "goodie bags", where you pay a certain amount and they send the students all kinds of fruit, candy, etc. to get them through the whole finals period.

Spent last night in the hospital - my 10 year old grandson Andrew has been having seizures. When I got there his whole head was wrapped in gauze with all different color wires coming out of his head. They were doing a video monitoring test. He did'nt have a seizure while we were there, but his roommate did - it was terrifying - the girls body shook so bad the bed was moving around the room. Thank God my grandson doesn't get them that bad. Anyway, hopefully they'll be able to find out what's going on and I guess give him medication for it.

Well, let me get back to work - I have tons today. Hope you all enjoy your day.

Talk to "yous" soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 11-29-2001, 10:49 AM   #12  

Hi Everybody

I'm home today with a nasty cold. It wasn't allergies afterall.

I got the Xbox. I called several stores & finally Best Buys said they had 6 left & that they would hold one for me if I got there within the hour. I took an early lunch & rushed there. Pete thinks they're too expensive. All these games are more or a little less the same price.

Terri, it's funny that you mentioned the Cabbage Patch dolls. I was looking at a catalog before & they had 3 of them all attached that giggle. I guess they're triplets. They go around the waist with s belt. Now I hear the hot one is the Brat doll. My sister in SIL stood in front of KayBee at 4:am to get two. Crazy huh?

Dianne, I checked Amazon the night before. Alot of them were used & they wanted $500. I would never buy Dave a used anything! Now I'm feeling bad cause he only has 1 game. Pete would have a fit if I buy another game for it. They cost $50. When did Andrew start having seizures? I knew someone that his son useto get them all the time. He was around the same age. Drs. suggested surgery & after that he didn't get them anymore. It was very scary for his parents. I will pray for Andrew.

Myra, how did you do last night?

Ruth, I think it's great that you went back to school.

Awwww Janie. Sorry to hear about your friend moving. You can always count on us for support.

Jen, I missed all of you. Some nights right after work we went Xmas shopping & by the time I got home I was too pooped to go online. I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks!!! Now with this cold I feel too weak to do anything. Since I'm home I'm going to start wrapping gifts.

Let me go. My nose keeps running & here comes the sneezing attack that's so annoying

Be back later.
Have a great day

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 11-29-2001 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-29-2001, 01:33 PM   #13  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Didn't do that great. Gained .8. Gotta get back on a losing track.
Old 11-29-2001, 02:41 PM   #14  

JanieD,
Congrats on staying the same! I am so sorry about your friend moving away. That is sad, I know. We are here for you!

Dianne,
Oh Dianne. How is he now? Does he get them often?
I'll be thinking of him.

Essie,
I am so glad you found one. That is great!
The triplets is what my mom wants probably. When she asks she says nothing else now. Yeah Right!
I never heard of the Brat doll. What is that? Britts might like that!

Myra,
I am sure it is muscle. You have done so well and the exercise you do is phenominal. Don't let it get you down but I do understand. Next week will be better. Take your measurements to fell better.

We are getting bad storms here later. Probably the weather will dominate my tv tonight.

Talk to y'all later.
Terri
Old 11-29-2001, 03:57 PM   #15  

Terri, your "lightning" is just too cute, of course, it seems we are having the same type of weather. YUK!! I skipped classes this morning, I just couldn't bare getting out in the cold & wet weather. Unfortunately, I have to meant another class at an art museum this afternoon so I'm still having to get out in it.

Myra, Terri is right, it is probably muscle. The tape measure may tell another tale!! Good luck next week.

Es, hope you get to feeling better. I had a cold several weeks ago. I was miserable.

Hi to everyone else, Diane, Janie and Jennie.

Ruth
Closed Thread