Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-20-2007, 06:21 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default THIS many calories!?

Okay...Now. Trying to be reasonable...trying to be guilt free.

My dad brought home leftovers and it was from Outback. Alice springs chicken with honey mustard and that little load of bread (pumpernickle?).

And...there's not clear information of the calories. But what I HAVE found is that the chicken range from 600-1200 calories for the one piece...

And the bread is 2400!?

I am so...shocked...If this is true it blows my entire day. It this is true I'm done for the day and going to be watching myself for the next few days.

Anyone know any information? Talk about a rude awakening...
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Don't panick, chalk it up to experience and next time check first, before eating...

I'm a fine one to talk though I often don't check first myself and then berate myself for eating a certain food... Eventually I'll learn but I am getting better at checking first...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Those are terrible numbers and that bread, geeze. I looked up olive garden one time and 9 out of 10 plates had OVER 1000 for just the entree. That doesnt count the pigging out i do on the salad, breadsticks, and that cursed alfrado sauce. I know i leave that place taking in an EASY 3000. Just insane.

But i think we have all done what you have done. Just chuck it up to a splurge day and start fresh tomorrow.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #4  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Eh, just forget about it. Move on with your day as usual. Don't starve yourself, but don't go crazy either.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quite the rude awakening all right. Eating out can be very difficult. It is really best to stick to plain grilled chicken breasts, grilled or baked fish and some plain undressed salad or plain veggies. And without a doubt, staying away from the evil bread basket.

Once they start with sauces, forget about it, all bets are off. They're not interested in serving healthy fare, just trying to get in as much taste through fats and sugars instead of herbs and the such.

What's done is done. History. Move on. Forget about it. I woudn't starve myself either. If you are hungry, eat something light. Tomorrow is a new day and now you are more aware. Everything is a learning experience.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:21 PM   #6  

One bad meal shouldn't make a difference if you continue on with your plan -- I hope it was incredibly tasty though!! Otherwise, it was a totally wasted overage

Don't beat yourself up over it -- it's done. I'm amazed at the items that sound healthy can turn out so horrible calorie wise.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It very well could be true. The bread seems high, but I can't find any information on it specifically.

Oh well! It's a spike--just stick with your plan the rest of the week. Don't try to compensate by eating too little.

Good luck, Gamer!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:35 PM   #8  

My plan is to eat dinner as the usual and just keep to my plan. I was going to lower the week's cals...but that makes me feel deprived. So I'm keeping with my plan and just going to add in a walk for everyday for the rest of the month.

Going back and forth doesn't make me learn anything...and it's really like...5 to 1. I'm overuled...and from the past 2 years it didn't work out on my plan. So yes...that's why I need 3fc...to make me do the right thing!

Thank you. I really want it to be made a law that all eating places should have calories information listed next to their foods! That would surely help people become aware. I never knew this calorie information until now...so now wonder I got so big when I went out to eat every night!

Old 05-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, I learned today that a large popcorn at the movies (without adding extra butter) is about 1600 calories! Each tablespoon of extra butter adds 120 calories. Needless to say, I am quite proud that I resisted it! Not that I didn't want it, because boy did I ever! I brought a 100 calorie bag of chex and had a diet coke! It just wasn't worth messing up my progress so far for one tub of popcorn. I had maybe 5 pieces of my daughter's and that was enough to satisfy the craving that I had. But it sure was hard to watch a movie NOT eating popcorn!
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:45 PM   #10  

Ohhh, and not to burst anyone else's bubble, but here is the bloomin' onion information! crazy, isn't it? I'll never be able to eat at outback the same way! haha.

This is for the whole onion:

Calories: 2310
Total Fat: 134 grams
Carbohydrates: 241 grams
Protein: 35 grams
Old 05-20-2007, 08:56 PM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Out of curiosity, where did you get the 2400 calories for the bread? I can't find their bread calories anywhere but they say that a 1" slice of their bread is 1 starch and 15 carbs. 15 carbs would be 75 calories or so but it doesn't mention fat so not sure how to calculate that.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #12  

I saw that 1 slice of bread is 2 points, but I do not do WW'ers, so I have no idea what that really means!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:04 PM   #13  
Just Me

2 points is 100-150 calories. I think the bread probably has 8 slices total ? So yeah its a lot but I'm not sure its 2400 calories

I've never had a bloomin onion before but I knew it was loaded with calories.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:55 PM   #14  

Outback doesn't give out much of their calorie information (wonder why...</sarcasm>)...but I looked up, "Calories in outback bread" and looked at recipes that tried to make the same bread at outback.

I checked two sources and got the same number of 2400 for the entire bread. =\

I don't think that small loaf of bread was 2400 calories. Perhaps all those recipes made a bigger loaf...

Can anyone guess how many calories it actually was?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #15  
Just Me

Yeah I think it is possible that those were for bigger loaves. If it is 2 points each slice, then I'd estimate about 800-1000 calories for the entire loaf. Still not great but it'd match up with the 15 carbs thing as well as the points.