Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-20-2007, 11:10 AM   #1  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Default Oh Gosh.. PLEASE Help me!

Well it's here.. that slip.. I have known it would come.. and I am only four days off.. (but have gained 3 pounds).. I KNOW it's because my eating had begun to get so mundane.. constantly the same "safe" foods.. finally I just got SO bored...

I am back on today and I NEED some snack suggestions.. 150 cal or under.. I have plain yogert and berries and ryvita and laughing cow cheese and a snack of almonds and cottege cheese.. I like these and have these often..but I need a change of pace..

any suggestions? (I can't just eat fruit as a snack.. it makes me crave - I do have it with a meal at least twice a day)..

I have also decided to start cooking more.. I was eating only diet meals (one for lunch and one for dinner with steamed veggies and a fruit..) but it's getting SO old!!

tonight I am making a scallop and roasted garlic stuffed portobello mushroom and having 1/2 C whole wheat pasta with REAL butter (I use whipped -50 cal per T).. and some fresh veggie.. depending on what I find at the store..

will let everyone know how it is and share recipe if it's good..

thank you for snack suggestions.. in advance..
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:19 AM   #2  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

How about some veggies as snacks? Carrots, broccoli, green peppers, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, etc. are all great dipped in hummus. Celery with a tiny bit of peanut butter is one of my favorites. I snack on mini soy crisps or mini rice cakes when I'm craving something salty/crispy like chips. Another good one idea is to get some of those mini microwave popcorn bags, I think they're only 100 calories. You can try string cheese, I like it because it takes a long time to eat! Also mix up what you're having already, have your cottage cheese with almonds in it and a tiny squeeze of honey, or find some good baked crackers to have with your laughing cow cheese.

Often I'll eat things for a snack that aren't really "snack-like." I'll have a half a sandwich, an english muffin, one of those cup sized soups, etc. all of which can be under 150 cals.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I love the Fiber One bars... so filling! Sometimes I use soup as a snack as well. You don't HAVE to eat the whole can. Just eat half and put the other half in the fridge.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:27 AM   #4  
Lost in Wonderland

S/C/G: 230.5/199.5/150

Height: 5'10"

lite popcorn
wheat crackers - ranch style and roasted garlic are very yummy
rice cakes with chocolate drizzle (not eveyone's fav but i find they satisfy my
chocolate cravings nicely)
small portion of ice cream (i do this about once a week)

for recipes ..... i stillmake the things i made before i went onto WW, what i do now is make much LESS of it and PUMP UP the fillers (squash, mushrooms, peppers) ... it actually helps me not feel deprived and yet every night i get to have big bowl or plate of healthier foods in front of me

I hope this helps a little!
CrimsonClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #5  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Also here is a link to a thread on the 20 Somethings Forum about favorite snacks
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112775
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:33 AM   #6  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

A half of a PB sandwich with some sugar free jelly. With Nature's Own Double Fiber bread it comes to 160 calories.

I also buy some Blue Bell Fudgesicle to have as a quick snack. I'll admit that they are pure junk, but they're only 35 calories each and it helps tide me over and gives me a little bit of ice cream and chocolate for those calories.

Wasa crackers and salsa, with or without some laughing cow cheese wedges. Also La tortilla factory has some great garlic and herb tortillas with lots of fiber and only 50 calories. I'll put a little cheese, either laughing cow or some 2% cheddar on it with some veggies and broil it for a few minutes. Very tasty.

Slices of zucchini (sliced very thin using a mandoline slicer) misted with olive oil on both sides and sprinkled with parmesan cheese and Mrs. Dash seasonings. I cook them in a hot oven until they are brown. This reminds me of french fries. It satifies that crunchy salty snack urge that I sometimes get.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Some of my favorite snacks:

~2T of Hummus & 10 baby carrots (under 100 cals)
~1 ww la tortilla factory tortilla (small) with 1/2T PB & 1/2 sm banana (approx 150 cals and a lot of fiber)
~Cliff Nectar bars (they are only fruit and nuts~160-170 cals depending on kind)
~1/4 cup pistachios (approx. 100 cals)
~Leftover Muffins (approx 150 cals~ I substitute flax for the oil, lower the sugar and I pack them with whole grains, fruit, nuts, & spices~Plus I bake them in the normal size pans NOT the big ones)

Cooking more will help with the food boredom. I love searching out and tweaking recipes to make them work for me and my calorie needs. Plus, it's fun!

Oh, and I see nothing wrong with a little bit of real butter every now and then. It's so much better than trans-fat laden margarines and it tastes better. You just have to make sure it fits into your days calories (which it looks like you are doing already.)
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

The new 100 calorie backs of chex (it's chocolate and caramel chex, no peanuts, pretzels, etc.) are my lifesavers! Sometimes I even add 1/2 c of 2% milk to it, even though it's really a 'snack'. Hmm.. I love sugar free popsicles (15 cals). 100 calorie pudding cups with fat free reddi-whip. Banana slices w/ natural peanut butter. Bowl of sliced strawberries and bananas. Melon is yummy! 1 low carb tortilla folded in half with 2% cheese inside and grilled, and some whole kernel canned corn on the side (I use ICBINB spray, 0 cals). Carrots with fat free ranch. Apple slices w/ PB. Whole grain blueberry waffle w/ strawberry fruit spread. 100 calorie popcorn bag (huge).
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:39 PM   #9  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

zenor77 - would you mind posting your muffin recipe? I love muffins and love to bake so if you have a healthy recipe for approximately 150 calorie muffins, that would be so great!

Thanks!

elisa822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Sometimes when I'm wanting something different I'll cut a sweet potato up like fries, LIGHTLY coat with olive oil (we're talking less than 1/2 tsp) and some cajun seasoning. Bake at 450 for about 25 minutes (until they crisp up like french fries)...with 1 Tbsp ketchup you're at 145 calories.

I'm DEFINITELY going to try the zucchini idea!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:18 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

-Fat free/sugar free Danon Fit and lite yogurt with a TBSP of Fiber One cereal mixed in - under 100 cals.
-Jello sugar free pudding with a squirt of fat free whipped cream and 1 TBSP of Fiber one mixed in - about 100 cals.
-A sliced apple with a sprinkle of cinnamon - about 80 cals
-A cup of dry cereal
-A 3 oz can of tuna in water (90 cals) with a cut up cucumber and some carrot sticks - under 150 calories total
-3 cups of cooked cauliflower - about 84 calories

Yes, I agree cooking some of your own foods will be less boring, more filling, interesting and healthier. Experiment, play around. You will find stuff that you really enjoy.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:26 AM   #12  
Beach Babe Wannabe

Wow!
I LOVED seeing this when I logged in this morning!!!
you are all so wonderful to take a minute to post for me.. and WHAT great suggestions.. I love the idea of cottege cheese and apple... I used to shread a half an apple and mix it with cottege cheese and a bit of cinnamon.. it's been MONTHS since I had it and had forgotten..

Wisher.. I also love roasted veggies (I used to be vegetarian) with hummus as a side dish.. I could make a bunch on a weekend and have several servings as a snack.. yum!! And thanks for the link to the threadalso.. I am heading over there..

Tammy! I love the zucchini idea.. this sounds a lot like the way I used to make zucchini hashbrowns.. only I shredded the zucchini.. thanks!

Zenor.. I LOVE those cliff bars.. I have to be very careful though.. they are almost like candy to me.. but well… pretty good for you candy I guess..

KJ.. I like the idea of whole wheat waffles.. I have to have quick and easy during the week.. these would be good with some almond butter or peanut butter.. thanks for the idea.. I am adding them!

Tricia!
I do Sweet potato fries all the time.. love them with pork loin.. yum…

Hi Rockin..
your pix are JUST AMAZING!! You are beautiful aren’t you!
I really enjoyed the dinner last nite.. it WAS a lot of work and used THREE pans.. but well.. it was SO good!

Didn’t really see a recipe thread? Where should I post this?

Scallop Stuffed Portobello:

Ingredients - serves two – can double or triple…
2 t butter
1/2 pound sea scallops – can use shrimp also
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup whole milk
1/3 cup fat free cottage cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
4 Portobello mushrooms (large)
1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation
Preheat broiler.
With a spoon, scoup out as much of the inside of the mushroom as you can. Be careful not to break thru to the other side. – chop – spray mushrooms with pam, and place right side up on pan – broil 5 minutes, remove from broiler and set aside.

Combine chicken broth, milk, fat free cottege cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, flour, salt, paprika, black pepper, and nutmeg in a blender, blend till cottage cheese is smooth. Add broth mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Set aside..

Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Onions, green bell pepper and mushroom insides, sautee 5-8 minutes. stir in scallops and diced pimiento cook two more minutes, (can cover at this point to steam scallops a bit). Add breadcrumbs, stir and remove from heat.

In a 8 x 8 casserole (larger if making more than four), spray pam and set in mushrooms, right side down, evenly distribute scallop mixture, spoon white sauce over, sprinkle with rest of parmesan and bake in 350 oven for 25-30 min…

I served with a side of Dreamfield’s pasta (1/2) with a little basil and butter… (I use Land o Lakes Whipped butter.. it’s only 50 cal a T).. I like real butter and using it has really helped me stay on my diet

Yield
2 servings (serving size: 2)
CALORIES 300(26% from fat).
Old 05-21-2007, 12:15 PM   #13  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey runundefined,

3FC has a whole Food area with different forums, including a recipes section. Check it out! And post your recipe there as well as here. Just scroll down on the main forums page and you'll see it.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:27 PM   #14  
Beach Babe Wannabe

thanks Jay.. I knew I had seen one.. just couldn't find it..
Cary
Old 05-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #15  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

150 calories

Sandwich with 2 slices oroweat light + lettuce and tomato and choice of 60 calories of protein - turkey, hummus, light cheese, etc.

or

Soup
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote