General Diet Plans and Questions - success with slimfast

View Full Version : success with slimfast

wwgal
03-02-2001, 02:20 AM
I thought i would start this thread for people who are using slimfast and would like support while doing it.

I have been using slimfast and i really like it. It helps with my sweet cravings.

lorelei1
03-09-2001, 12:41 AM
Hi!
I think this was a good idea to have a sucess with slimfast thread. If you ask if people have tried it they want to preach to you about what they don't like about it, etc.. those of us who just want to report our progress and support others don't need all that nonsense! I am doing Slimfast shakes and bars and counting calories too. I keep my calories between 1800-2000 a day. I have alot to lose but so far I have
lost 13. Good luck!
313/300/165

wwgal
03-09-2001, 07:53 AM
I have been using slimfat along with weight watchers. I really like the soy ultra that
they just came out with. It has more protein in it so that i am last all morning without getting
hungry.

I have just started so i don;t have a weight loss but i am hoping for a good one.

thenewme
03-09-2001, 08:05 AM
how would you count Slimfast on the Richard Simmons plan? I like it for breakfast, it take the hunger away until noon. And I also like the fact that it has all the vitamins in it. And I'm like you guys somethings work for some people and some don't. To each his own.
Sandy

krngallo
03-09-2001, 04:22 PM
I am using eDiets as my main source for motivation, which provides meal plans, recipes, etc. But for breakfast what works best for me is Slim Fast. I have never been a huge breakfast eater, but I know that I have to get something in my sytstem to kick start my metabolism. Slim Fast is the perfect breakfast option for me being a working mom always on the go, plus it gives me a chocolate fix, and the vitamins are a plus. I know that it wouldn't work for me to do shakes all day, as I enjoy eating real food--so I combine my day w/ convenient frozen entrees for lunch and recipe based foods for dinner, with snacks in between like fruit, or occasionally a slim fast nutrition bar. I know that I want to make this a long term way of life...and this is working great. I have lost 13 pounds in 5 weeks, and I feel great.

Wishing you all success, Karen

lorelei1
03-09-2001, 05:53 PM
Hi Karen, WWGal and Sandy!
I don't know much about Richard Simmons except for you keep track of food catagories per day so how do you count slimfast? Thats why I like to eat what I want and just count the old calories. I guess you could check the richardsimmons.com web site.
I will have to check out ediets too! Does it cost anything? Congrats on the weightloss!!

Well, I weighed in today and couldn't wait to tell you all I have lost more! I lost 4 more pounds!! :)
I have a long way to go so I like to break it up into goals like on the goal threads (ST Patricks Day goal, Easter goal, etc..)

Have a great weekend all!
(313/296/165)

wwgal
03-10-2001, 02:58 AM
Hi everyone,

To the question about counting slimfast on richard simmons--there
are exchanges listed on the back of slimfast on how to list it. I
am doing the old ww exchange program and that is how i list
the slimfast and richard simmons is just like it. I found the exchanges
on my can so it should be listed on all slimfast foods ( i hope this
helps)

well i have done ok this week i lost .2 it is not much but for me it is
a lost since i lose very slowly.

well i hope everyone has a nice weekend

Cowgirl
03-10-2001, 02:29 PM
I started out a year ago on slimfast and have now lost 50 pounds. Now not all of it was on Slimfast but most was. I have been trying out the other diet bars because I only like the Slimfast shakes and can't drink cold meals in winter. I expect I'll go back on it this summer and loose lots more weight! I also like the Power bar (harvest variety). They taste great and I have lost weight on them as well. Hope all of you enjoy the sucess that I have had. Never give up. Don't worry about all of those negative people out there who say Slimfast does not work. We all need to do whats best for our individual selves. Also remember that you need to change youre eating habits as well, otherwise you won't keep it off once it is gone.:)

thenewme
03-10-2001, 03:37 PM
wwgal..thanks for the reply. I never of thought of looking on the can. Duhhh

Somethimes I eat a bowl of cereal I'm starving by 10:00.
I can eat a egg, toast and a piece of fruit and I'm all right until noon. But you get tired of eggs. So a cold can of Slimfast and I'm okay. It's nice for a change, and I like the chocolate. Lunch.. I eat like I should, and then for supper...what ever the family is eating but smaller portions. Slimfast does work. I'm like cowgirl. don't let other people and there negative attitudes tell you what you should do. Just eat right, exercise and drink your water.
Sandy

lorelei1
03-13-2001, 07:06 PM
Hi Slimfasters! :)
WWgal, every loss is good, imagine if you gained .2! Then you'd feel like you aren't making progress.

cowgirl-great job! Congrats on your loss and thanks for your support!

I weighed myself on Sunday morning and I am down from 296 to 293.7. My scale is digital so I include all the percentages! :) I am losing it quickly even with eating between 1700-2000 calories a day because
I have so much to lose. I know eventually it will slow down to a pound or two a week like everyone else..

have a great week and keep those progress reports coming in! :)

Lorelei
(313/293.7/165)

krngallo
03-13-2001, 11:09 PM
I agree w/ you Cowgirl...100 percent about us all needing to do what works best for us. Thats why slimfast for breakfast is my best option. I used to skip breakfast, and realized this was a huge mistake. I have learned so much about how my body works, nutrition, etc. One mistake is to skip breakfast, as our metabolism stays at a standstill until we give our body some fuel. I used to buy the slim fast powder and mix it with skim milk, but now I use the ready made cans. I find I enjoy it much more because it is very smooth and not a lumpy mix that the powder combo sometimes seems to be. Plus the cans are great for taking w/ me on my way to work and drinking them at my desk first thing w/ a tall glass of water. Mid morning I usually have a snack, like a banana. I find the more I listen to my body the better I feel. I NEVER let myself get to the point of feeling starved, and eat mini snacks in between meals to get me through the day. I have used the slim fast nutrition bars, and some of them are really yummy.

So far after 6 weeks I am down 15 pounds, and feeling great. I am doing all I can to make this work for the rest of my life. No quick fixes, I am doing what I know works for me. I hope all of you are doing what will work for you...for life. Thats what really matters.

Wishing you a health and happiness, Karen :-)

wcolleen
03-15-2001, 09:23 AM
Although I'm not following the "slimfast plan," per se, I have incorporated it into my weight watchers plan- it's really helped me! I drink one or two shakes a day, usually one for breakfast and one as my mid-afternoon snack. I never thought I would say this, but since joining Weight Watchers, I have lost that pleasure that I used to get from eating. Now, I'm like, "*Sigh* It's 4:00pm and I still have to get in 10 food points- how am I gonna do that??" Slimfast has bene a big help to me when I know that I need to put some energy into my body, but I just don't feel like sitting down for a meal.

Note: Walmart has Slimfast on sale right now- 2
6-packs for $7... I stocked up last weekend!

lorelei1
03-15-2001, 07:28 PM
That's what I do too! I just incorporate in my diet. I dont do ww, I just count the calories but I like the Slimfast shakes and the bars.

How's everyone doing? I am gonna wait until Sunday to weigh in again. I think I need to quit weighing in so often. Even though I was sticking to my calorie count when I weighed myself a few days ago I was up a pound and did nothing wrong! It really discouraged me. I realize it can be water flucuation so I need to quit weighing in so often and stick to once a week!

Girlie
03-15-2001, 09:21 PM
Hope you guys don't mind me joining in!

I don't follow the SF plan, but like most of you, incorporate it. I'm sooo busy that I really need something quick to eat and the SF bars work well because I just love chocolate. This way, I can have one every day and still be a chocoholic!

Cowgirl:

I like your scripture :)

Lorelei:

Congrats! Looks like things are working out well for you! Yay! I am like you..I weigh myself too often...I think that if I just stick to the same time/day once a week, I'll be better.

WWGal:

I'm just starting (over again) too so I haven't lost yet...but I'll give it a week..

Good luck to you all!

PS - do the slimfast soy shakes come in the cans? I love soymilk!

wwgal
03-16-2001, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone ( or evening )

well i think most of us incorporate into the plan we are following. I use it mostly in the
morning.

I really like the soy shakes because they have more protein in them and they seem to keep m
me fuller. RIght now it only comes in chocolate and i hope they plan on making more flavors.
the cans also have the juice flavors in soy ( i saw them at walmart) I don't know how they
taste though.

well everyone have a good day

wwgal
03-16-2001, 08:59 AM
I thought it would be interesting to see what plans we are incorporating the slimfast with.

I am combining richard simmons with the old ww exchange program. And i have the slimfast
once or twice aday.

how about the rest of you

lorelei1
03-16-2001, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone :)
WW gal-I am not really on a plan except for counting calories. It has always worked for me in the past. My problem has always been to keep doing it once the weight is off. For some reason once I feel that I look pretty good I quit doing what I did to lose the weight and it comes back!! Duh!! Why don't I ever keep it up to keep it off? I know that pretty much for the rest of my life I will have to be careful with what I eat and will have to exercise too. Not only for health benefits but also to keep the old metabolism going!
Have a great day everyone!!

wcolleen
03-16-2001, 09:59 AM
WWgal- I'm following Weight Watchers Winning Points plan- pretty diligently, I might add! I just began the program March 2nd.

262/253/175

Cowgirl
03-16-2001, 02:39 PM
Loreli thanks I'm glad to hear that you enjoy encouragement from the scriptures. Bible reading is a huge part of my life and gives me the encouragement I need since loosing my dear husband.
I am so happy this week! I lost another 3 pounds bringing me to 273:smug: I have not been that low in three years! short term goal 250, long term goal 175. I have so far to go but hey I've come a long way too! I am starting to incorporate more excersise. I ride every monday and do the crunch machine wed and fri for 15 minnuts. Believe me 15 is all I can take! After being plateaued st 280 for two months I thought I'd never loose anymore so a big yippeee now I'm loosing again. 7 pounds in two weeks! It was so great yesterday to hear a friend say " hey are you loosing weight again?"
I tried another kind of power bar this week. Not as good as the other ones though. I got the performance variety, it comes in bannana, strawberry and mixed berry. They aren't bad and only 2.5 fat grams but I still like the Harvest variety best. That toffee chocolate crunch is out of this world. I still like slimfast too but am not into drinking meals right now and don"t like the bars as much as Power Bars.
Wishing everyone out there success in their goals. Keep "fighting the fine fight" 1 Tim 6:12

barbygirl43
03-17-2001, 04:18 PM
I just started the slimfast plan this week. I used it about 10 years ago and lost 50 pounds, but it didn't taste as well as it does today and it was so hard to continue it in my senior year at high school. So far this week, I've lost 8 pounds.
I'm not following the slimfast plan per se, or any other plan for that matter. I've just been drinking tons of water (anywhere from 80 to 120 oz per day) and cut out my sodas. I try and exercise at least 3 times a week. I've got a long way to go to reach my goal, but I know I can do it.
I look forward to losing these pounds with you.

Barbygirl43
(295/286/135)
(I think i did that right? original weight/loss/goal)

Cowgirl
03-18-2001, 11:55 AM
I sorta follow the plan, with a few twists. I don't always stick to Slimfast, although I do agree it tastes better now. A friend of mine has started using it too and is already 5 pounds lighter! I have lost another 7 pounds in the last two weeks:wave:I sure wish I could make myself drink more watter. I keep it in reach at work and do ok ther but at home I just don't want anything cold this time of year. In summer I do drink more though. Hey it's the last day of winter! I'm looking forward to warm days and working in my garden!

Girlie
03-19-2001, 06:31 PM
Sounds like all of you are doing well!

I decided not to weight myself again until this weekend, just so I can have a full week under my blet. But it sounds like all of you are doing quite well.

As far as the question, I'm eating a low fat, mostly vegetarian diet. I kind of follow SF, but
due to my schedule, sometimes I have breakfast and use SF for the other meals, with a few
little snacks and fruits in between. Some days I eat two meals, some days one. I don't
get off of work until 9pm and instead of having a quick dinner at work, I'd rather have a nice
meal for the one or two meals that I do have a day.

Cowgirl:
I forgot the names of these bars that I tried once, but they were really good...I can't remember
the name of them for anything! I'm sure you're tried them before..they are in the section of
WM that sell the SF products, and they are in a purple and white package. I'll let you know if I
suddenly remember.

Sounds like everyone is doing really well!

Here's a little hint...if you're feeling a sweet tooth coming on, keep a pack of sugar free
jello in the fridge..the premade cups. They are great as a sweet filler and have 10 calories
apiece, so you can eat a couple of them without guilt!

Suz78
03-19-2001, 08:26 PM
the bars that come in the purple wrapers are pounds off bars. These bars have less sugar than SF if I remember correctly :)

Cowgirl
03-19-2001, 09:58 PM
I have use pounds off bars before and I agree they are pretty good. But just once try those Harves power bars. You won't believe how good they are. But make sure it is the Harvest variety because the others are not as good, in fact not even close to Pounds off bars or even Slimfast.
I went riding today for an hour. The weather was beautiful again but it is suposed to snow friday. Of course I find that out after deciding to step up to riding twice a week. Whiskey(my horse) is realy getting in shape and so am I. I did have a very sore butt though:lol:I love spring!

Liza
03-20-2001, 09:37 AM
Good Morning and Happy First Day of Spring to all.

I agree that the SF can really help out. I do not follow the whole plan, but use the powder mix in the late afternoons while making dinner or sharing a shack with my 2 year old. I mix up the powder in the blender (no lumps) with lots of ice, (enough to count as a water under WW), and 1/2 cup of fruit like frozen strawberries, canned peaches or pineppple. As may or may not be obvious, I do not like chocolate, so I use the strawberry and vanilal flavors and am waiting for the soy SF to come out in more flavors.

I have also used the powder mixed with milk or fruit juice and partially frozen it to take with me in the morning if I am going to have breakfast on the road.

I do like the snack bars and keep them in the car for emergencies, those cases when I am trying not to pull in to the BK or McD. for a happy meal, and to keep to my plan.

The best thing to learn is a positive attitude.
Liza

Girlie
03-20-2001, 01:47 PM
Cowgirl:

No, oh...I remembered the bar. They aren't meal replacers, just a women's nutritional bar. It's Viactiv. They are pretty low in fat and come in good fruity flavors.

I have been doing very well this week. Can't wait til weigh in this weekend!

Sherrie66
03-20-2001, 02:38 PM
Thank-you soooo much for starting this thread. No one seems to understand Slim-Fast unless they have personally seen results!
I started back in jan. 2000 after my 3rd baby was born. (He was born sept. 99) I went from 170 to 126. It took me from jan-july. Then my mom died in july after a 4yr. battle with cancer and I gave up...just quit! I gained 20lbs. I got serious again and started exercising and dieting in jan. 2001. I am 131lbs. now and on the way to my goal of 110lbs.
For exercise, I walk on my treadmill 4miles a day and I do the AbSlide for 20min. each day.
We all will reach our goals!!! Lets do it TOGETHER

If anyone wants to email me...my address is mesherrie2@aol.com

Cowgirl
03-21-2001, 11:17 AM
Well, this has been a bummer week for me. It started out good but yesterday was bad. First I had the munchies! I just wanted to eat everything I could find. Fortunatly I have no junk food in the house so I could not get in too much troubble. When I got to wor the girls were asking everyone to buy cany bars for their kids. Sarris chocolate is not to be passed up so I bought one. :^: Then I started feeling sick, not from the chocolate, I think I may be getting the flu. Anyway I was having a lot of vertigo. To top it off just as I was almost ready to punch out I had some large containers fall and hit me in the nose. :dizzy:I wound up with a deep cut on the bridge and nearly passed out.
The good news, I did not gain any weight! By thw way in the summer I love to make those frozen Slimfast shakes. Espesially orange pineapple with a little lowfat vanilla icecream and an orange blended in. It is sorta like a creamsicle shake.
Hope you gals are having a better week than me.:)

barbygirl43
03-21-2001, 08:01 PM
Cowgirl--I'm so sorry to hear you had a horrible day. I know how the munchies go. Mine always hits in the evenings after I've wound down from work.

I hope your day goes better.

Dawnyal

geni_danielle
03-22-2001, 01:52 PM
Hi all...I just started Slim Fast a week ago...I am really doing well so far...it keeps the cravings down to a minimum. I was doing WW but without much success. Wish me luck.

Love,
Danielle

Sherrie66
03-22-2001, 08:53 PM
I have been doing Slim-fast for a while now. I have lost 41lbs. It is so unlike any other diet cause there are no counting calories. Thats why I could never do WW.

I have done SF for years too. Some may think and say "you just gain the weight back". Well, the only reason why I always gained it back was cause I got pregnant! I have 3 kids and hubby got fixed 4 days after the last one! LOL Now, I know for sure I will get this weight off and keep it off for good this time:)

Good luck and please keep us posted as to how you are doing...Sherrie

170/129/110

sportsmom2
03-23-2001, 07:37 AM
Hi all, Hope you don't mind me joining in. I started slim fast last week only having 1 shake a day for now I only had a 1 lb. lose this week because I was sick and didn't feel like exercising much. I think though I will start on 2 shakes a day and one meal that is what I usually had before I started dieting. I counted calories for a month and lost 9 lbs. Hopefully slimfast will help me get the weight off faster.
How many calories should a person comsume in a day while on slimfast?
170/160/115

sportsmom2

wwgal
03-23-2001, 08:31 AM
HI everyone,

How is everyone doing on slim fast. I kind of fell off of it so it is time to get back.

I am thinking if trying a different flavor can some tell me what is there favorite flavor. Also
what do you like the best the drink or the bars. I use both of them more bars than shake.

barbygirl43
03-23-2001, 08:58 AM
I personally enjoy the strawberry myself. The milk chocolate isn't bad either.

I'm not having a problem having my shakes or bars, mine is have the mid-morning and afternoon snacks. I don't have any. I'm afraid I might overeat. I'm going to work on them next. I also don't think I'm having enough calories in the day. I hate counting calories, but when I roughly add them up I'm having less than 1000. (This coming from someone who consumed more than 3000 each day, probably more if you count all the sodas, big macs, and foot longs) :)

Anyone have any ideas how to get enough calories without having to count them?

Thanks,
Dawnyal

beckyfurn
03-23-2001, 09:09 AM
I don't know about getting enough calories without counting them, but I do know that fruit and veg (especially the watery types like grapes, peppers, luttuce, cucumber, oranges, berries etc - not bananas!) have hardly any calories in them and loads of good nutriants. So if you fill up on these types of foods, you won't be eating loads of calories, but you will be getting all the good stuff you need.

Cowgirl
03-23-2001, 12:24 PM
Thanks Babygirl, It is so nice to come here and have someone give encouragement. You should see the bickering going on in the scams thread about slimfast. I finnaly had enough. Why can't people just accept the choices others make and be supportive instead of making them feel bad about their choice. Well anyway I'm glad I can come here and be encouraged.
Things are going ok here. I had a two day spell of wanting to cheat and last night I really wanted some junk food. Fortunatly I didn't have any and was not going to go to the store at 11:30pm so I had an apple and got over it. No weight loss this week but we can't have it all all the time can we? Is anyone thinking we should start thread #2 yet?
Have a great day!:D

Girlie
03-23-2001, 02:53 PM
I have been doing well this week...I decided to "treat" myself to McDonalds today...
I feel a bit guilty, but I have been doing so well this week and I'm really proud
of myself. I had a plain fish sandwich and I was going to get a McSalad Shaker, but
they were out of Garden so I got small fries (terrible! I know!).

Buuut....I have a really good dinner planned! Are any of you interested in
vegetarian foods? I found this really good "chicken" that's awesome!

Have a great weekend!

Sherrie66
03-23-2001, 03:41 PM
I just read the posts and I think y'all are doing great!!! Keep up the great work:)

I know what ya mean about people "downing Slim-fast" but I just ignore their comments. It is the only diet that has ever worked for me and I am sticking to it. When we lose all of our weight and they are struggling...well, lets just see what they have to say then.

I dont count calories either so I am not exactly sure how many you are suppose to have each day. You might want to try ivillage.com. I think they have weight calculaters there and based on your weight they will tell you how many you should have.

As far as "cheating". If you have done really good all week then I say...go ahead and have a treat! Dieting is hard work and if you dont give yourself a treat every now and then...you wont feel deprived and binge or just plain give up.

Yes, I think we do need a new thread. Go for it. I am a new person here so I am not exactly sure how to do it.

Does anyone ever go to the Slimfast site?

Anyways...take care and have a great weekend.

P.S. If you fall down(cheat), dont just sit there...get up and get back on track. We can all help each other:)

170/128/110 Sherrie :wave:

Girlie
03-23-2001, 05:59 PM
I just noticed that you lost 3 more pounds! Congratulations!

I just started SF this week, so I'll let you all know what my results
were. I think I did quite well, considering I drastically changed my eating
habits from one week to the next....if no loss, then no biggie...I'll just
continue on the way I have been.

Question:

Do all of you actually not have anything BUT SF during the day?
For example, I can usually have a bar for BF, but I usually have to
have something inbetween bars: a few pretzels, can of carrots,
salad, canned fruit, whatever. Sometimes, I don't.

What do you all think? I know you can have a couple of fruits, but
I'm just wondering how any of you can follow what the can says
and have SF for BF and lunch and not have anything until dinner! That's
why I say I'm not really following the plan, just incorporating it in my
diet so I know what I'm eating...

Or am I missing something?

Girlie

Cowgirl
03-23-2001, 11:41 PM
Ok this is just my experience but here is what I do.
1 I alow myself one day a week to have anything to eat that I want. Usually it is pizza.
2 I always have snacks between meals. Here is my schedual.
9am Slimfast or other meal replacement bar.
11am a snack which could be any of the following list.
Slimfast snack bar
Piece of fruit
Energy bar(from Sam's club)
Quaker fruit and oatmeal bar
Some trail mix, about 1\2 cup
I have been trying a lot of diferent things and so far these are my favorites
1pm full dinner. I work evenings and finde it works best to have supper at lunch time. Bonus, it makes youre body use the food for energy rather than storing it for the next day as it would if I ate in the evening.
3pm snack
6-7pm slimfast
8-10 pm snack
This seems to work best because I never go to long without eating wich is important for me because I crash if I don't eat frequently. I am not usually hungry except for when I get the munchies like this week.
I have lost over 50 pounds doing this.
Hope you found this helpfull:)

Sherrie66
03-26-2001, 12:43 AM
7:30 am SF shake
8am exercise-Abslide(15min)
8:30am treadmill-30min...2 miles
noon SF shake
3pm SF energy bar
6pm exercise-Abslide(15min)
6:30pm treadmill-30min...2 miles
8pm. bowl cereal-banana granola

This is my schedule. Its not much calories but believe it or not, I am satisified. Only 1 time in the last 8weeks I felt like I wanted to binge.

On the weekends I am easier on myself too. I have lost 42lbs.

170/128/110 Sherrie

lady2001
03-26-2001, 09:21 AM
Hi ladies: I must say I was a slimfast skeptic, but as I read your threads and thought about what is on the market now,,a lot of it does the same thing slimfast does and slimfast cost less. I like the pre-mixed cans, I do not intend to do it the rest of my life, but for now it is working...I am doing a plan something like cowgirl, except I am only doing it 3 d-4 days a week. I have already lost weight, I am just trying to get another 8-10lbs off.
I eat a relatively heathly breakfast, eat a full lunch, do a shake for dinner, may have a couple of snacks during the day..it is working I have lost 3lbs.!!
I have never been a dinner eater, I love to eat breakfast and lunch, so I just switched things around, it was amazing when I read Cowgirl was doing it also.
I always do better in weight loss and maintainance if I eat a light dinner or skip it..I was getting tired of eating cereal for dinner, so that is when I thought of slimfast!!
Can't find the new varieties in my area, so I do the chocolate and vanilla, didn't like the strawberry..
Good luck to all!!

Sherrie66
03-26-2001, 09:20 PM
You are doing great! Keep up the great work. It is so nice to hear of others that swear by Slim-fast. It is very good for you and it fills you up till your next meal. I dont understand the people that say they are hungrier after the shake.

Anyways, its nice to have a new friend. Please post often so we can all support each other.

Take care,

Cowgirl
03-27-2001, 01:29 PM
I don't understand that either. A friend of mine just started Slimfast also and sh can't even finnish a whole can. She has half for breakfast and the rest later.
I learned to like eating my biggest meal fo lunch at collage. The cafetiria always seved a heavy lunch and a light supper. That was the first time I lost a whole lot of weight. Of course I was getting loads of excersise also. We were on horses 2 hours a day besides all the walking to oter classes. Sometimes I wish I could go back just for the excersise and weight loss.
I started using a Richard Simmons tape today. I got through about 10 min. I like how he keeps encouraging you to keep going. I am so unco-ordinated. I was always up when he was down and vice versa. I had to close the blinds. I doubt anyone would have seem me but I am a bit self concious about dancing around the livingroo. Pluss I wanted to wear as little as possible to keep from getting too hot.:o
I still have the munchies. Last night I ate a whole pack of dove truffle eggs. I'm glad they only come out for easter because I am so hooked on them.
Hope you all are doing well with youre diets:)

wcolleen
03-27-2001, 01:56 PM
Sheesh, lucky you! I gained about 50 pounds in college! Unfortunately, *my* cafeteria served a big meal for both lunch AND dinner!

As far as a slim-fast shake getting me through the whole morning- there's no way. I weigh 250 pounds, and need a lot more than that to keep me going all morning- but amazingly, it does get me through a good 2 or 3 hours, and it satisfies me completely the moment after I finish drinking it- therefore, by the time I think to myself ("Hmm, I could really use something else to eat,"), I'm already out of the house, and that thought passes quickly.

Sherrie66
03-27-2001, 04:28 PM
I am very uncoordinated too and this is why I dont do aerobics. I just cant keep up with the moves. LOL I like Richard Simmons too and I always do the tapes when no one is around also. Its amazing how low your self-esteem is when you are carrying extra weight around. Not everyone is like this but...I am. Call me crazy. Take care, Sherrie :wave:

lorelei1
03-28-2001, 07:12 AM
Hey guys!
Someone already started a new thread the other day: Sucess with Slimfast #2
See ya there!

Sherrie66
04-01-2001, 12:50 AM
Are you looking for us??? We started a new thread...success with slimfast #2. Please come back and join us...We miss U...