General chatter - Fiance Disappears

View Full Version : Fiance Disappears

EZMONEY
05-18-2007, 07:45 PM
EDIT ~ EDIT~ This ran 1 year ago ~ Monday will be the 1 year anniversary of my daughter's wedding to my :p son in law :p. Some of you may remember me going through this tough time :( in my life ;) All my worries came true....she married :p him :p. He is on his third job since they married...she still has the same one and has completed her Master's...I think he golfed and played tennis this year.....oh....and slept in!

BRINGING IT BACK FOR THE MEMORIES....mine ;)

NOT REALLY! BUT BOY DO I WISH!;)

The fiance happens to belong to my daughter. They will be getting married next Saturday unless I can think of a way to stop it! :devil:

I have been trying to get this kid out of my life for over 6 years now, actually 11 years but 6 since they became a "couple :p" He isn't a bad guy, probably pretty good marriage material...FOR SOMEONE ELSES DAUGHTER! :mad:

To put it simply...he has just taken precious moments of my daughter's time away from me! And I don't feel like standing for it anymore! :nono:

It all started when she was 11 years old. She went with me to drop off her brother at his first tennis match....see where I am going with this? She went with ME!. Anyway, when we went back to pick him up she says "Daddy, I think I would like to try that." The next day I take her up to the courts and sign her up. My first BIG mistake.

Seems that there was this little 13 year old up there that was the coaches "pet". Seems the little :p P.I.M.B. was up there every day since it was his P.E., being home schooled and all and he lived only a few blocks from the courts.

Before I knew it, I would hear "Daddy, my coach is so cute :love:" I'm like "WHAT!" :mad: "Your coach is almost my age!" "No, daddy! Coach Zac." Seems that Coach Tom had coach :p Zac :p take care of the beginners, being the coaches pet and all.

Fast forward a few years later....OK....about 6 years later, after many times of me telling her "He's too old for you" when she would bring his name up. I am sitting in my recliner which looks right onto the street. I see the little :p drive by, then again and again....JUMPING! out of my chair I holler at my daughter "AMANDA..yelling again GET DOWN HERE NOW!" As she is coming down the stairs from her bedroom I ask (in my mean :mad: voice) "Do you like this coach Zac?" "Noooo...daddy, why?" with a little hesitation in her voice. "GOOD! I just wondered because he is doing drive-bys" (Guys totally know what this is but we try to keep it a secret from the girls...it is when a guy, or usually a group of guys, likes a girl...they cruise by her house about a billion times...looking out of the corner of their eyes...being cool :cool: and all, hoping beyond hope that she will be outside ) She asks, "Daddy, what's a drive-by?" Seeing how she doesn't like him (2nd mistake...I believed her) I explain it to her...how he has a crush on her, but that's cool since she doesn't like him, just be nice. Within 2 minutes she had on her " I need to wash my car clothes." Dang-it!

No problem, she is heading 200 miles north for college and he is going to finish his degree at a college 50 miles south of us...that is a 250 mile spread...very comfortable for a dad! After she dates :p for the summer I tell her "Ya know sweetie, with you going to college and Zac going to another college, it might be a good idea to not get too serious with each other." Her reply..."Daddy what if it's too late? What if we already are serious?" :faint:

Since this is getting long I won't bore you with more details but fast forward again ~ She ends up a year later at another college...yeah...you guessed it...his...:p . She does well there, plays doubles on the nationally ranked top 10 tennis team for 3 years NAIA level, is an academic All-American, graduates Magna Cum Laude with Honors, interns for a NAVY research company, which she is still with, that pays her way through grad school as she works on her Masters. Just think what she could have done without :p in her life...and just ME!

So, about a year ago :p shows up at my door with a ring and asks my permission to marry my daughter. HA! I just told him what I always do, "Get out of my house and never come back!"

The :p NEVER listens to me! Keeps coming back....dumb!

He thinks just because he has treated her like a queen for 11 years that he has "rights"! Give me a break! :dizzy:

I have tried everything to stop this marriage from happening. I tell them both when the pastor (which happens to be my daughter's uncle) says "Who gives this woman?" that I am going to say "Nobody does!"

When he used to come to the door to pick her up I would just open it, see who it was, then close it. He just started walking in without knocking...did I mention he is rude?

I even promised her a car if she walks out on the :p that stole my daughter's heart from me.

I am a week away...have run out of ideas...I got nutin'

CAN YOU HELP ME?

SoulBliss
05-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow. I am sorry you are upset. Your daughter sounds like a very lucky and happy young woman to have love from you as a father and him as a husband.

HeatherAngel
05-18-2007, 08:04 PM
LOL@EZ!!!

That is the best post I have read in a VERY long time! Thanks - I needed that... makes me want to phone my Dad... I think I will...

Heather :D

PS - You have a great sense of humour - I always enjoy your posts!

midwife
05-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Congrats, EZ!!!

kornard
05-18-2007, 08:52 PM
If only you could see me doubled over in laughter. This is to funny I was having a horrible day up until I read your post. This sounds like something out of a movie. You should be voted Dad of the year. There are not many fathers out there anymore with you level of concern for your daughter. Kind of makes me a little jealous.

royalsfan1
05-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Hmmmmm, and my daughter just started mentioning a cute boy 2 years her senior.....

I think I'm going to go install locks on her door and windows! Catch ya'll later!

(she's 9)

Penney
05-18-2007, 09:13 PM
OMG - I love your post!!! That reminds me of how my Dad reacted.... but actually I think you may be handling it better... LOL I am so glad I am going to my Dad's for the weekend - I think I am going to have to get him to read your post.

Congratulations!!!

BerkshireGrl
05-18-2007, 09:17 PM
I hear Mexico is lovely this time of the year ;)

tsinitia
05-18-2007, 09:33 PM
OMG!! I'm reading your words but hearing my husband's voice. :rofl: Lord help that boy that steals his little girl's heart.

Congratulations!

P.S. - I didn't know the "drive-by" meant "crush". I thought "drive-by" meant "stalker". :lol: Maybe that's why I was over 30 before I got married. :dunno:

EZMONEY
05-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Wow. I am sorry you are upset. Your daughter sounds like a very lucky and happy young woman to have love from you as a father and him as a husband.

I am a DODGER fan ~ he is a Padre fan ~ I am a RAIDER fan ~ he is a Charger fan

I KNOW I love her...I think he just wants to finally "win" something!

EZMONEY
05-18-2007, 09:49 PM
LOL@EZ!!!

That is the best post I have read in a VERY long time! Thanks - I needed that... makes me want to phone my Dad... I think I will...

If I can make just ONE dad happy that their daughter called them then it was worth the post!

Heather :D

PS - You have a great sense of humour - I always enjoy your posts!

Who's joking?

EZMONEY
05-18-2007, 09:51 PM
If only you could see me doubled over in laughter. This is to funny I was having a horrible day up until I read your post. This sounds like something out of a movie. You should be voted Dad of the year. There are not many fathers out there anymore with you level of concern for your daughter. Kind of makes me a little jealous.

For my 50th birthday, three years ago, she gave me a list of 50 reasons why she loved me ~ That made me feel like dad of THE LIFETIME! Thank you for your kind words!

EZMONEY
05-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Congrats, EZ!!!

Thanks MIDWIFE...did you "catch" any on MOTHER's DAY? ;)

EZMONEY
05-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Hmmmmm, and my daughter just started mentioning a cute boy 2 years her senior.....

I think I'm going to go install locks on her door and windows! Catch ya'll later!

(she's 9)

TRICIA ~ MOVE! MOVE NOW! before it is too late!! Who ya playing this week-end?

phantastica
05-18-2007, 09:55 PM
LOL! That is awesome! Congrats to your daughter and the :p, and congrats to you for being such a wonderful father. There are many daughters out there who do not know what it feels like to have a dad who wants to spend more time with his daughter.

EZMONEY
05-18-2007, 09:55 PM
OMG - I love your post!!! That reminds me of how my Dad reacted.... but actually I think you may be handling it better... LOL I am so glad I am going to my Dad's for the weekend - I think I am going to have to get him to read your post.

Congratulations!!!

Give him a :hug: from one dad to another!

EZMONEY
05-18-2007, 09:57 PM
I hear Mexico is lovely this time of the year ;)

Thanks for coming around every month or so to bug me SARAH ;) But the little :p is taking her to Hawaii for their honeymoon....didn't he ever think she JUST MIGHT want to spend the first few days of her marraige with HER DAD? ****-ooo...dumb! Of course he didn't "think"!

EZMONEY
05-18-2007, 09:59 PM
OMG!! I'm reading your words but hearing my husband's voice. :rofl: Lord help that boy that steals his little girl's heart.

Congratulations!

P.S. - I didn't know the "drive-by" meant "crush". I thought "drive-by" meant "stalker". :lol: Maybe that's why I was over 30 before I got married. :dunno:

Maybe me and your DH can "pardner" up and do some damage on these boys!!

EZMONEY
05-18-2007, 10:00 PM
LOL! That is awesome! Congrats to your daughter and the :p, and congrats to you for being such a wonderful father. There are many daughters out there who do not know what it feels like to have a dad who wants to spend more time with his daughter.

Thank-you PHANTASTICA for your kind words. I do know that...it is sad the mistakes some people make.

EZMONEY
05-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Just a couple of more reasons why he :p isn't worth my daughter:

#1 ~ Proposed to her on an Alaskan cruise....****-ooo...she could have been sea sick!....loooser!

#2 ~ Brings her pink roses every year for her birthday and any occasion he can think of because they are her favorite...HA! So PREDICTABLE!! ...loooser!

#3 ~ Is making me wear a somewhat matching TUX! Wait til he sees me in it :D ...loooser!

I'll think of more but Angie says the DODGER game is on...gotta go!

NemesisClaws
05-18-2007, 10:46 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tonia
05-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Goodness you are funny! I have four kids 16 to 9 (2 girls) and am fearful - hopeful? - that my husband will respond to suitors as you have! :D Good luck on the wedding and just think of the grandbabies you can spoil....:s:

Slashnl
05-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Boy, I just stumbled on this thread and I am so glad I did! This is the funniest one ever. You really should print that first post and frame it for her. FUNNY!

I'm laughing now.... but I have a 13 year old girl who has ignored all of my advice regarding the boys who have caught her eye. I probably won't be laughing for long.........

lilybelle
05-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Gary, LOL, think of it as "I'm not losing a daughter, I'm gaining a son". Much easier said than done. LOL.

I have a 24 yr. old SD that is in all kinds of trouble. I'd glady take that fiance off your hands if you'd send him here to marry this SD. He sounds like great father material and there would be 2 loving little boys to help him adjust to fatherhood. LOL. I'll even send pic's if you want me to. LOL. (Just of the boys of course, as the mom is due with baby boy #3 anyday). Her relocation would be considered completely acceptable. LOL.

Lol, congratulations on the upcoming marriage of your DD.

EZMONEY
05-20-2007, 11:33 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

HEY! Are you :lol: with me or at me?

Goodness you are funny! I have four kids 16 to 9 (2 girls) and am fearful - hopeful? - that my husband will respond to suitors as you have! :D Good luck on the wedding and just think of the grandbabies you can spoil....:s:

Actually I already have a (grandbaby) hope chest filled with stuff. I should probably stop beggin though for one....my grandkid could end up looking like his " :p father :p

Boy, I just stumbled on this thread and I am so glad I did! This is the funniest one ever. You really should print that first post and frame it for her. FUNNY!

Not only print it ~ read it as my TOAST to the beautiful bride and :p

I'm laughing now.... but I have a 13 year old girl who has ignored all of my advice regarding the boys who have caught her eye. I probably won't be laughing for long.........

Sounds like your good days are behind you...I will keep you in my prayers ;)

Gary, LOL, think of it as "I'm not losing a daughter, I'm gaining a son".

That was my POINT! LILLYBELLE ~

Much easier said than done. LOL.

It ain't over yet...I still have til next Saturday to have him ....ah.....never mind....TMI...and your DH is an officer of the law.

I have a 24 yr. old SD that is in all kinds of trouble. I'd glady take that fiance off your hands if you'd send him here to marry this SD.

OMG! YES! What is your address? Ding dong the with is gone, witch oh witch....:carrot:

He sounds like great father material and there would be 2 loving little boys to help him adjust to fatherhood.

Oh, he is GREAT father material...for SOMEONE ELSES DAUGHTER!! He does love golf...that makes it a 4-some with your DH...let's talk!

LOL. I'll even send pic's if you want me to. LOL. (Just of the boys of course, as the mom is due with baby boy #3 anyday).

Facial shots will do.

Her relocation would be considered completely acceptable. LOL.

Wouldn't that just be "special" if they disappeared together?

Lol, congratulations on the upcoming marriage of your DD.

Thanks, Lilybelle...just keep rubbing it in ;)

lilybelle
05-20-2007, 11:46 AM
LOL, Gary my son watched me type that post and he was ROFL. We got quite a kick out of this. But, the offer still stands. SD does need a husband and a father for all the kids. (She hasn't quite caught onto the concept of Birth control yet).

Big bonus, DH loves to play golf, so he'd fit right in with that fiance'.

We don't give out our address, but just tell me where he's at and I'll pack her up and send her to you guys. LOL. I've had a lot of practice with packing, so she can be there in a jiffy.

EZMONEY
05-20-2007, 11:54 AM
LOL, Gary my son watched me type that post and he was ROFL. We got quite a kick out of this. But, the offer still stands. SD does need a husband and a father for all the kids. (She hasn't quite caught onto the concept of Birth control yet).

Oh Lilybelle~Lilybelle...have you ever thought of showing SD's suitors her daddy's GUNS!?...just might fix the little tarts issue ;)

Big bonus, DH loves to play golf, so he'd fit right in with that fiance'.

Reminds me of that show "PERFECT MATCH"!

We don't give out our address, but just tell me where he's at and I'll pack her up and send her to you guys.

Oh no :nono: I already HAVE a step-daughter!

LOL. I've had a lot of practice with packing, so she can be there in a jiffy.

With 3 diaper bags and her luggage, do you have to pay for the entire backseat in the Greyhound?

Glad I could brighten your DS's day...laughing at my pain...are all hillbillies like that? ;)

alinnell
05-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Well, Gary, I was out of town when you posted this--attending a WEDDING!!!

Here's one way to stop the pending nuptials (this is a true story about the wedding I attended in Vegas).

Have the groom drive the bride to the bank to get some money for the marriage license. She'll be so flustered that she'll withdraw $500 and then leave her purse at the bank. The happy couple obliviously drives away and the blushing bride really starts to blush when she realizes that her purse is not in the car. The groom will turn around and return to the bank where it will be discovered that the purse is missing. Yup. The $500 is gone......along with all her ID. Did I mention that the couple is from California and we're in Nevada for the wedding? The happy couple returns to the car and drives to the marriage license office and they are turned away because the bride has no ID. Now, fast forward to the actual wedding for which many, many guests have driven or flown in to witness. The reception is planned, the food is being prepared, the flowers are in place and the member of the clergy now refuses to do the ceremony because there is no license. At this point, I'm not sure where they got this clergy person, but they did go through with the ceremony and the reception and only a very few of us knew that it was a farce. I guess they'll honeymoon, come home and get ID's and get the license and be "remarried" by a justice of the peace.....

Now I wonder which wedding anniversary they'll celebrate?

BTW, these aren't young, dumb kids. The husband is in the Navy and the wife has a degree in elementary education but works as an escrow officer. They're both over 30.

mandalinn82
05-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Gary - at least you aren't my dad. He has two kids...both daughters...getting married within 3 months of eachother. Two weddings, two toasts, and two fiances, with less than 100 days to recover in between.

lilybelle
05-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Gary, LOL, when this SD had her very first date, DH was sitting there cleaning his guns when the young man arrived. They were going to a dance at the high school and DH drove them in his patrol car and walked inside with them. LOL. SD recounts this story to this day. I say he should never have stopped patrolling her dates. LOL

Truthfully though, SD and her husband are separated and awaiting the birth of this third baby to be able to get a divorce.

Allison, I had to laugh at your story. Very similar story as what happened when we went with SD and her then fiance' to Eureka Springs, AR to get married. She didn't have her driver's license and therefore couldn't get a marriage license. DH came up with the bright idea of calling the local police station that she worked at as a dispatcher and having them fax a copy of her drivers' license. Well, it worked. Looking back on it, we should have all just turned around and came home. Things might have turned out very differently in her life if DH hadn't intervened for her. It really was an Omen. As was the fact that her car broke down and she was late for her hair appt. and then when she got back to the hotel, it was storming and the electricity was out while we all got ready in the dark. Her own mother did not even make it to the ceremony. To top it all off, her marriage license came back wrong with her still listed as her maiden name.

Gary, that's not fair. You said "I already have a step-daughter", well, I have 4 of them, so we could at least share.

EZMONEY
05-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Well, Gary, I was out of town when you posted this--attending a WEDDING!!!

Here's one way to stop the pending nuptials (this is a true story about the wedding I attended in Vegas).

My first "wedding" was in Vegas...lasted 11 years...if you count the last 5 she was "leaving" the marraige. I will say that she has been a great partner in raising my kids...her, Angie and I make a great team. We know each other's strengths and weaknesses and use them for the kids advantage. Two weddings for us in 6 months and not one issue between us.

...... but they did go through with the ceremony and the reception and only a very few of us knew that it was a farce. I guess they'll honeymoon, come home and get ID's and get the license and be "remarried" by a justice of the peace.....

In the last two years we have attended 2 weddings where the couple was already married, which was kept secret from most of us. My son was a groomsman in one and didn't know. We felt a little cheated (not sure if we had a right to) Both weddings were fairly large and pricy. We did get a note, with the thank-you for the gift card, from one of the couples, apologizing for the "farce". My feelings for these kids is still the same and I still would have gone, I felt honored to be invited, they were friends of my kids...but then I am one of the "cool" dads :D The other couple is unfortunately divorced already.

Now I wonder which wedding anniversary they'll celebrate?

If SHE has it HER way...probably both...more stuff! ;)

BTW, these aren't young, dumb kids. The husband is in the Navy and the wife has a degree in elementary education but works as an escrow officer. They're both over 30.

Sounds like a legitimate mistake made in all the stress and confusion of the day! Go NAVY!

Gary - at least you aren't my dad. He has two kids...both daughters...getting married within 3 months of eachother. Two weddings, two toasts, and two fiances, with less than 100 days to recover in between.

Oh Sweetie...he will NEVER recover! What you girls are doing to him is punishable :mad: by law in my opinion! That is just way too much for a dad to go through! It is hard for me with 2 weddings in 6 months and one being my son...two girls...NO WAY!! You should be ashamed of yourselves! ;)

Gary, LOL, when this SD had her very first date, DH was sitting there cleaning his guns when the young man arrived. They were going to a dance at the high school and DH drove them in his patrol car and walked inside with them. LOL. SD recounts this story to this day. I say he should never have stopped patrolling her dates. LOL

SHOTGUN $300.00 ~ COURSAGE FOR DANCE $25.00 ~ GOING TO THE DANCE IN THE SQUAD CAR - PRICELESS!I actually went to a Neil Diamond concert with my girlfriend, by way of a California Highway Patrol car, back in 1972! Took me right to the front door of the San Diego Sports Arena!

Truthfully though, SD and her husband are separated and awaiting the birth of this third baby to be able to get a divorce.

Seriously...I am totally joking around at your SD's expense...I know it isn't funny...and I do pray for her and her kiddos!

Allison, I had to laugh at your story. Very similar story as what happened when we went with SD and her then fiance' to Eureka Springs, AR to get married. She didn't have her driver's license and therefore couldn't get a marriage license. DH came up with the bright idea of calling the local police station that she worked at as a dispatcher and having them fax a copy of her drivers' license. Well, it worked. Looking back on it, we should have all just turned around and came home. Things might have turned out very differently in her life if DH hadn't intervened for her. It really was an Omen. As was the fact that her car broke down and she was late for her hair appt. and then when she got back to the hotel, it was storming and the electricity was out while we all got ready in the dark. Her own mother did not even make it to the ceremony. To top it all off, her marriage license came back wrong with her still listed as her maiden name.

I feel the same way about this guy Lilybelle. #1 ~ He taught my daughter how to play tennis which has cost me a fortune! in racquets, bags, fees for lessons and travel expenses. #2 ~ He caught a big salmon on the cruise to Alaska (where he propsed- never asked ME if I would like to go :nono: ) has it filleted and sent to my house, puts all these 1 pound fillets of salmon in my freezer and says "Help yourself"...HELP YOURSELF! What the heck does that mean? Help yourself...just trying to show me up since I don't fish, I guess. #3 ~ I come home from work after a hard day, he is sitting on the couch watching TV with my daughter drinking one of MY beers!! I tell him to get the heck out of my house...all I get back is "No thanks, I'm fine"....so what if he brings me beer all the time...he's just suckin' up! #4 ~ Shows ME and MY cooking up by making the most incredible chicken dish I ever had about 3 months ago and serving it to my entire family! Bragger....oh, I have a lot more, let me tell you!! :mad:

Gary, that's not fair. You said "I already have a step-daughter", well, I have 4 of them, so we could at least share.

I want to be fair about this Lilybelle, so how 'bout I send my SD to you for say...oh...10 years...then you can send me one for a couple of years...I'll send her back...then take another :shrug:

mandalinn82
05-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Gary - I went first! Not my fault my sister scheduled for 3 months to the day after me....

EZMONEY
05-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Gary - I went first! Not my fault my sister scheduled for 3 months to the day after me....

Oh Sweetie! You know you are one of my favorites! But if I EVER get ahold of your sister :mad: for what she has done to your poor ol' pops...look-out! ;)

EZMONEY
05-21-2007, 08:39 PM
This is what the :p shoved in my freezer...forcing me to get rid of my frozen pizzas...RUDE~RUDE~RUDE...HE even used MY BBQ to cook them on! He has no shame...:nono:

EZMONEY
05-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh...and as you can see...my daughter's salmon is MUCH larger...:p can't even fish!

mandalinn82
05-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Luckily the brat has such a -nice- guy as you to model after, right?

I'm sure with you in the family, he'll pick up quick...

lilybelle
05-21-2007, 08:57 PM
OK Gary, when do you want her? I'm ready to trade. Just send your SD here, I can't promise I'll want to trade back. LOL.

Wow, those are really big fish. I'm sure that tastes way better than frozen pizza.

EZMONEY
05-22-2007, 07:40 PM
OK Gary, when do you want her? I'm ready to trade. Just send your SD here, I can't promise I'll want to trade back. LOL.

OH! You'll want to trade back...you'll beg me to trade back!

Wow, those are really big fish. I'm sure that tastes way better than frozen pizza.

Well, actually it did...BUT...MY daughter's fish tasted waaayyyy better! ;) :p Zac's :p was a little on the "sour" side.

Had dinner at a restaraunt last night with the :p, and 12 other people in my family, for my sister's birthday. He acts like he's already ONE of the FAMILY...he's been doing that for 6 years...rude ~ plain rude!

Even worse news...MY daughter is ACTUALLY considering changing her LAST name...which is MY last name...to his...un~freakin:fr: believable!

50lbs2go
05-22-2007, 09:26 PM
I am laughing so hard. i have a way to break them up. You take him to a strip club and set him up with a lap dance. take lots of pics and show your daughter. or higher a stripper for an impromto bachelor party. or you can tell your daughter that you really like this guy. daughters seem to go for guys that their parents hate, if you like him, maybe she will leave him. good luck

royalsfan1
05-22-2007, 09:33 PM
TRICIA ~ MOVE! MOVE NOW! before it is too late!! Who ya playing this week-end?

The winner of the hour of course! hahaha

Sorry, I shouldn't be so hard on KC..they're actually throwing a couple more Ws out there.

I think we've got Cleveland, the M's and the O's upcoming.

How 'bout them Dodgahs?

EZMONEY
05-24-2007, 08:34 PM
I am laughing so hard. i have a way to break them up. You take him to a strip club and set him up with a lap dance. take lots of pics and show your daughter. or higher a stripper for an impromto bachelor party. or you can tell your daughter that you really like this guy. daughters seem to go for guys that their parents hate, if you like him, maybe she will leave him. good luck

Great ideas 50togo...but...just can't have him at my "hang-out"!

The winner of the hour of course! hahaha

Sorry, I shouldn't be so hard on KC..they're actually throwing a couple more Ws out there.

I think we've got Cleveland, the M's and the O's upcoming.

What the? are you in the alphabet league or what?

How 'bout them Dodgahs?

Got a win yesterday...off today!

HAve fun this week-end with your ballgames!

shelby897
05-24-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry, I have to jump in and annoy -- I say if he's lasted this long with your "witty" sense of humor -- he's a keeper!! My father, while helping light the unity candle on the alter at my wedding quielty (jokingly) told my husband "she's your problem now, don't call me" -- apparently he was done towing cars, moving me from state to state and occasionally paying my bills!! My sister and I gave my dad about 10 months to recover financially from her wedding to mine -- we are always thinking of him!!! :D

mandalinn82
05-25-2007, 01:22 AM
Well, I'm sure you're getting CRAZY busy around your house, Gary, but my very best wishes go out to your daughter and the :p

Congratulations to you and your family (and to the :p for landing himself not only your daughter, but also your entire family...yes, even you).

EZMONEY
05-25-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm sorry, I have to jump in and annoy -- I say if he's lasted this long with your "witty" sense of humor -- he's a keeper!!

Then YOU keep him...please!

My father, while helping light the unity candle on the alter at my wedding quielty (jokingly) told my husband "she's your problem now, don't call me" -- apparently he was done towing cars, moving me from state to state and occasionally paying my bills!! My sister and I gave my dad about 10 months to recover financially from her wedding to mine -- we are always thinking of him!!! :D

Love your pops sense of humor!

Well, I'm sure you're getting CRAZY busy around your house, Gary, but my very best wishes go out to your daughter and the :p

Very busy! Family everywhere...thanks for the wishes.

Congratulations to you and your family (and to the :p for landing himself not only your daughter, but also your entire family...yes, even you).

They all treat him better than I do ;)

Heading to the wedding festivities in a few minutes...have a great Memorial week-end ladies...Pray for our troops! Be back around Sunday afternoon....

shelby897
05-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Gary -- Hope you have a wonderful time and don't cry too much when you see her!! Does his family know how crazy you are??!! :D

Congratulations -- it's always wonderful when a family expands itself!! Your daughter is blessed to have such a great dad and now a great husband as well.

onmyown
05-25-2007, 04:13 PM
GARY, wow! I'm sorry but your problems are like mole hills compared to mine. My daughter has been going out for the past 8 months or so with this awful disgusting guy. He's not a good guy and this is not a joke. He's disrespectful and I will not even speak to the guy. It makes me wonder how my daughter had forgotten everything that I raised her to believe. But here's the BAD part. Over Easter I see this picture on their myspaces and they have 'wedding rings' on their fingers. And they changed their relationship status from 'in a relationship' to 'MARRIED'....argh!!! And they had been to Vegas and I thought I was going to puke. I found out much later that this was actually an April Fools Joke. But eventually his true colors came out and he got drunk and kicked her out of the apartment with no money/no gas/no where to go. I drove 6 hours and reserved a hotel room for her. I helped her get situated in new place with a friend complete with gas/money/and a blow up bed to sleep on. And her friend got her a job. I just pray every day that she doesn't fall foolishly again for this complete looooooser. Your guy sounds like heaven compared to this one. BELIEVE me. You don't want to know what kinds of ideas I've had....to make this one disappear..haha...(but I can't commit crimes so the ideas are out) :P

p.s. you sound like one heck of a DAD! :) I applaud you for your commitment to your daughter! I bet she's one beautiful ~ wonderful girl!!!

Tina

ennay
05-26-2007, 09:37 AM
congratulations EZ.....may she be very very happy.

And I know you aren't TOTALLY heartbroken because you will be bugging her for those GRANDKIDS as soon as she says "I DO"

EZMONEY
05-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Gary -- Hope you have a wonderful time and don't cry too much when you see her!! Does his family know how crazy you are??!! :D

I cried like a baby...but then so did everyone else! NO! they don't know how crazy I am...the new-husband kept it a secret! Plus when ever I am around them I pretend to be sane!

Congratulations -- it's always wonderful when a family expands itself!! Your daughter is blessed to have such a great dad and now a great husband as well.

We are blessed to have her!

GARY, wow! I'm sorry but your problems are like mole hills compared to mine. My daughter has been going out for the past 8 months or so with this awful disgusting guy. He's not a good guy and this is not a joke. He's disrespectful and I will not even speak to the guy. It makes me wonder how my daughter had forgotten everything that I raised her to believe. But here's the BAD part. Over Easter I see this picture on their myspaces and they have 'wedding rings' on their fingers. And they changed their relationship status from 'in a relationship' to 'MARRIED'....argh!!! And they had been to Vegas and I thought I was going to puke. I found out much later that this was actually an April Fools Joke. But eventually his true colors came out and he got drunk and kicked her out of the apartment with no money/no gas/no where to go. I drove 6 hours and reserved a hotel room for her. I helped her get situated in new place with a friend complete with gas/money/and a blow up bed to sleep on. And her friend got her a job. I just pray every day that she doesn't fall foolishly again for this complete looooooser. Your guy sounds like heaven compared to this one. BELIEVE me. You don't want to know what kinds of ideas I've had....to make this one disappear..haha...(but I can't commit crimes so the ideas are out) :P

p.s. you sound like one heck of a DAD! :) I applaud you for your commitment to your daughter! I bet she's one beautiful ~ wonderful girl!!!

Tina

Tina, I am sorry for your circumstance with your daughter. I pray it works out for her and you. Amanda is a wonderful girl, very special.

congratulations EZ.....may she be very very happy.

And I know you aren't TOTALLY heartbroken because you will be bugging her for those GRANDKIDS as soon as she says "I DO"

Well, as much as I want GRANDkids, I try not to bug them about it...in THEIR time...I just hope THEIR time is soon! ;)

EZMONEY
05-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Thank you all so much for responding to this thread. It really helped me get through this tough week for me! Most of you know I was kidding...all of my stories are true!

I am truly blessed to have a (NOW) son in law that treats my daughter as well as he has for so many years already. He has given me no indication that that will ever change.

I am truly sorry that some of your experiences are not the same as mine. I can't even imagine what some of you are saying, in your heads, about my joking around. I know for some of you the "issue" is no joking matter. I am truly sorry if I offended anyone in my attempt to be funny and make an interesting thread for us all to enjoy.

I will start another thread...this one has served its purpose ;)

EZMONEY
05-21-2008, 10:16 PM
THIS RAN ONE YEAR AGO ~...I am bringing it back for the anniversary. I edited the first post.

StillTryin
05-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Gary, good luck to you...I love reading your posts!

Lovely
05-22-2008, 09:50 AM
EZ, you crack me up! :rofl:

I'm glad you brought it back. I wasn't here when it ran the first time.

And congrats to your daughter & SIL (:p) on their anniversary!

Slashnl
05-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Gosh, has it been a year? I remember this from last year. It was funny then and still funny today! ha!

GatorgalstuckinGA
05-22-2008, 08:25 PM
wow gary....time has flown by.

EZMONEY
05-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Yep gals this Monday will be one year!

CountingDown
05-22-2008, 08:54 PM
EZ - ah, know the feeling well (Moms feel the same way about sons too). Congrats, and my thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this bittersweet time.

Thanks for a fun post and a walk down memory lane (DS1 just celebrated his 4th anniversary).

Lizabeth2
06-07-2008, 06:58 AM
E Z, what a lucky daughter you have and what a lucky man you are!! :smug:You made my day and made me weepy about my own Dad:^: who died much before I walked down the aisle.
I just left a weight loss message board:?: that have informed us that they don't want to hear our personal problems and I thought they were my friends! I am so thrilled to find this board that will help me with weight loss as well as support in the life I lead. Laughter is decidely the best medicine and the people on this board know how to!!
Congrats also to that lucky son in law to be for finding your family!!:hug:

EZMONEY
06-07-2008, 07:27 PM
A BIG thank-you LIZABETH :hug:

I am a very lucky man and I know it...my children know how much I love them and I know how much they love me! My life is full!

EVERY daughter should have a father that adores them!

You will find many threads here at 3FC for needed support! We will not fail you! I guarantee it! In fact come on over to WEIGHT LOSS SUPPORT and I will guarantee you a 5 POUND loss and a 5K!...just look for my threads!!

If you need prayers go to Christian Encouragers in Faith Support and "our team" there will be on their knees so fast your head will spin! :spin: