Old 05-18-2007, 04:14 PM   #1  

Default Need Glasses??

So I've been losing weight I think around I'm around 178 now and i started with 196, but I'm looking in the mirror and I look the same. Is that normal?
sunshine900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Honey, I've lost 33 pounds, and I'm pretty sure I look EXACTLY the same.

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I didn't notice any difference until I'd lost well over 20 lbs. And that was only when I was naked; in clothes I couldn't tell (except for being in a smaller size.)
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:00 PM   #4  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

Maybe you should measure yourself and track your progress that way.
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:01 AM   #5  

Take photos every so often. We don't notice gradual change, but A versus B makes it more obvious.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:29 AM   #6  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

and on the other side of the coin, MIL lost 30lbs and its ALL she talks about. Works it into every sentence. I thought I would surely notice such a huge drop in her bc she is so short (under 5 foot) and not too-too big. I was wrong. It makes it awkward to keep making supportive replies when I cannot notice a thing..
I havent told her I lost any weight, but she would be the type to say " OH relaly , you look the same to me, maybe even bigger than u were"..she's just that type of person. So, I don't share much..lol

I'm kinda with ya. I lost 14lbs and the only guarantee I have I'm smaller is i can get into my jeans again. I *think* I notice differences like, my bra is looser, the band under my girls is looser, lost some back fat, my face might be a little less fluffy, and my undies are baggier. BUt I think I mostly lost in area that are going to be inconspicuous to others..

I am totally fine with no one noticing bc I am really guilty myself for not noticing in others ...I don't notice until ppl drop a ton of weight, and then I see a different person and it blows me away..it's kind of a compliment tho bc then I don't notice when they gain 20 either lol
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
Take photos every so often. We don't notice gradual change, but A versus B makes it more obvious.
Exactly. When you see yourself every single day, it's hard to notice change because it is soooo gradual. I bet if you went and visited with someone who hasn't seen you since before you started losing weight, they would be able to see a difference
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #8  

Thank you for the replies everyone....I'm mostly just worried, that I didnt loose any of the weight and my scale is broken or something. He he....we'll see later...
Old 05-19-2007, 10:27 AM   #9  
Slowly Shrinking

S/C/G: 271/157/145

Height: 5'9"

I found when I was at my heaviest, 30 lbs looked like nothing. Now that I'm thinner, 30 lbs looks like I haven't been eating. I went to a wedding recently and say people that I last saw about 15 lbs ago, and they asked me how much heroine I had to do in a day to look so good. These were the same people who didn't say a thing when I lost 45 lbs when I saw them at Halloween. The more you lose, the more you, and everyone else will notice. Just keep it up!!
Christine in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I totally agree with taking pictures. I've lost over 30 pounds and can't tell at all-- until I see pictures from my starting weight, and then it's incredibly obvious!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #11  

ahh... I didn't take any pictures but I did measure myself and until now I can only tell of like a half an inch loss....I just want a time machine or something so I can see what I'll look like in a month... )