LA Weight Loss - The Dan and Liz COD.

View Full Version : The Dan and Liz COD.

zambejaly5
05-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Ok you guys, this is your COD. and we are all your counselors. This thread is our accountability. you must weigh in to this thread 3 times a week. and come here for plan changes, and support. those who are on stabilization can help you with that here when that time comes. So lets see. today is friday. I know you weigh in on that day and then again with Liz on Sat. so lets hear it, how have you been doing the last couple days, did you get all your water in? do you have your diary with you? did you wiegh and measure? did you do your lites. do you have anything coming up this weekend that you need to plan for?

smjezzy
05-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Damn, you're good! Thought about a second career?

zambejaly5
05-18-2007, 10:10 AM
hahahahaha---thanks

emmysmom
05-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Now it looks like you have both had too many starches...you'll need to watch that. And no more McDonalds! Watch that salt intake. Okay, looks like you both went a little off plan, but we'll just put that behind us and move on. When will we be seeing you again...tomorrow or Monday...

Joni135
05-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Y'all are clever!
Oh Liz, you're out of weeks. Send me a check for $50 and that will get you ten weeks of virtual weigh ins! :goodscale:

Dan, :frypan: behave yourself young man. You STILL have a Memorial Day goal to reach!

emmysmom
05-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Y'all are clever!
Oh Liz, you're out of weeks. Send me a check for $50 and that will get you ten weeks of virtual weigh ins! :goodscale:

:rofl:...very funny!

Dan2112
05-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Not a bad idea guys.. Thanks... But there are others on the list here who have lost their COD, so the shop should be open for them too...

Now, about all those lites you owe me.. I expect to see two boxes of carmel on my doorstep every Saturday!!

Wendelina
05-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Be careful what you wish for, Dan! You know that some of us are just crazy enough to send you bars! :-)

bizlawchik
05-18-2007, 02:13 PM
You guys are funny. All we need now is someone from another 3FC forum to jump in and be your counselor. (They can be the skinny one who never had a weight problem but decided to work at LAWL)

marzbe
05-18-2007, 02:47 PM
You guys are funny. All we need now is someone from another 3FC forum to jump in and be your counselor. (They can be the skinny one who never had a weight problem but decided to work at LAWL)

She also has to think that precut fruit has too much sodium and the answer to dropping pounds is to knock out any exercise that might build muscle. :^:

Kimphin
05-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Ok you guys, this is your COD. and we are all your counselors. This thread is our accountability. you must weigh in to this thread 3 times a week. and come here for plan changes, and support. those who are on stabilization can help you with that here when that time comes. So lets see. today is friday. I know you weigh in on that day and then again with Liz on Sat. so lets hear it, how have you been doing the last couple days, did you get all your water in? do you have your diary with you? did you wiegh and measure? did you do your lites. do you have anything coming up this weekend that you need to plan for?

Lettie - you forgot the best LAWL counselor question....

"have your bowels moved today?"

zambejaly5
05-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Lettie - you forgot the best LAWL counselor question....

"have your bowels moved today?"

I thought it!!! actually mine has stopped asking that question with the new management and staff that we have. so I wasn't sure if any still asked that!

Funny!!

Angie
05-18-2007, 05:02 PM
So this is New Mexico. Hmm...I thought it would feel warmer.

I'm so relieved that my COD has never asked me if I moved my bowels. A few times when I was up, I felt like sharing with them that I hadn't..lol, but it never came to that.

I just ordered 7 boxes of chocolate crunch lites from ebay, woudl you like me to redirect a box or two your way?

Dan2112
05-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Not yet.. we're ok for a few days.. So I'm hoping we'll hear something soon about what's going to happen... If I have to, I'll just add a couple oranges to my diet per day...

KrispieD
05-18-2007, 08:41 PM
I've sent some of the new LA Lites we just got in Canada.. chocolate coated sodium.. you'll LOVE them!!

Dan2112
05-18-2007, 10:14 PM
You know... That doesn't sound too bad, actually!!!

mgresso
05-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Don't forget..."Have you been taking your supplements? You need those to be sure you lose weight the fastest and safest way possible. Do you need more? How about snacks? How about meal reaplacements? ...I think you're starting to plateau...maybe you should do a Take Off. ...We must not be doing our job. You need to buy more stuff to be sure that we are. How about you just give me your checkbook and we'll consider it even.":dizzy:

Dan2112
05-19-2007, 02:17 AM
Too funny... And too true...

Dan2112
05-21-2007, 04:31 PM
UPDATE....

So I phoned the customer service number again today, just to see if there's any kind of an update, even though I hadn't yet heard from the franchise owner...

CS told me that they are in the process of turning the case over to an "administrator" for the bankruptcy who will be reviewing files to determine what kind of refunds are in order.

So basically, they will see what we've paid, compare that to how many weeks we've completed and how much pre-paid for product we've revceived and then refund the pro-rated amount of what's left over..

Of course, it will probably be a month (their estimate) to get all that sorted out... My guess is closer to two...

But at least that's some "progress"...

emmysmom
05-21-2007, 04:33 PM
That's good news, Dan! At least you know your refund is in the works!

Joni135
06-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Hey gang... I'm having motivation problems again.. I hit 209 a couple days ago, but this weekend has just been one bad choice after another... Not having a COD for in-person motivation is really starting to be a drag...

And now with Liz and the kids being gone for a week, God only knows what kind of trouble I'm going to be in...

Sorry to be a downer...Dan on Friends and Loser Thread 6/2/07)

Dan - you have 15 lbs to go until goal. Set a mini goal for yourself this week while Liz is gone. Plan out your menu for the week. I'm sure you and Liz will talk every day and continue to motivate each other.

I've read that weight loss motivation is much easier to maintain when you vary your routine...what you eat, where you eat it, the time you eat...Bored with a salad? Eat something else. Chicken getting you down? Eat some fish. Your diet becoming a drag? Try a new one. Variety truly is the spice of life and change can be invigorating, renewing. Doing the same things, eating the same things meal in, meal out, day in, day out is dull. Change things around and you'll keep things fresh and new and different and fun...and exciting!

Wendelina shared this quote a while back
"People often say that motivation doesn't last.
Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."
~Zig Ziglar
Dan, what was your initial motivation for losing weight? If that reason is not posted in a prominent spot, you may want to write it down and plaster it in the kitchen and on your car dash to help you through the week!

Dr. Phil says the most effective and motivating goals are those that describe BEHAVIORIAL change..in other words, what will be done. Thus a good goal statement for you to make this week while Liz is gone might be "I intend to continue to lose weight this week by walking four times this week [or whatever your favorite exercise might be] and following my food plan. By describing your goal in terms of specific behavior - exercising and eating right - you can go after it more directly and successfully that you could with an ambiguous statement like "I want to lose 1 pound this week while Liz is out of town."

Finally (your appointment time is almost up!), Just Keep On Keeping On...When all is said and done, you'll only lose the weight and hit your target if you stick with whatever program you're on until the job is done.

Debbie367
06-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Wow!! You go Joni!!! That was awesome :)

I vote Joni for (LAWL) Mayor! LOL

Dan2112
06-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks Joni.. Very good words indeed.. I have a bunch of chicken that I plan to grill today, so i have it handy for lunches this week.. I also have a bunch of low sodium turkey and plenty of fruit and veg to keep me preoccupied...

I will have to force myself out the door this week.. and of course, I have a list of "honey-do's" to take care of, so I should be able to stay active...

Thanks again!

stitchinchick
06-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Dan,
I thought of you this morning when I was in the grocery store - Have you tried the Mrs. Dash marinades? NO SODIUM at all...Just knew that was something I had to pass on to my friend, the "salt police" - I can highly recommend the Lemon Peppercorn one - it has become one of my regular things to marinate my chicken in prior to grilling. Just thought I'd pass it along...

Dan2112
06-03-2007, 01:02 PM
I haven't tried those, but since I'm cookin' chicken today, sounds like a good idea..

I usually just sprinkle the chicken with a little NoSalt, pepper and garlic....

Thanks for the tip Becca...There's always a case for trying something new...

marzbe
06-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Grill the chicken, prep the veggies. And be ready to Plan, Plan, Plan, then plan some more! ;)

If you have the veggies pre-cut, the fruit washed, and the chicken made, you have no excuse not to stay on plan when you get home at night.

I know I'm risking arrest, but you can always pick up a few lean cuisines for the week. Yes they have salt, but they take only a few minutes in the microwave, you know you're getting a starch and protein, and then all you have to worry about making is the veggie. :carrot:

I plan for one all the time, it's actually easier than cooking for 2. After the remanants of Tropical Storm Barry hit us (how the **** are we on B and it's only June 3? it's going to be a **** of a hurricane season. :mad: ) I'm firing up the grill making the chicken, salmon and turkey bugers for the week, if I don't have to cook it, I know I'll be better at eating it.

Dan2112
06-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Absolutely right Megan.. Thanks!

Joni135
06-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Hey Dan - what's on the breakfast menu for tomorrow morning (Tuesday)? Just figured I'd steer you away from the breakfast burrito!

marzbe
06-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Breakfast Burrito = Bad

Dan you need your emergency fast food list. That's what saves me every time. :flow2:

emmysmom
06-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Speaking of Mrs. Dash...I made roasted asparagus last night with olive oil, Mrs. Dash and a little bit of lite salt. I was very surprised at how delicious it was! I'm trying to expand on my green vegetables...my downfall.

Joni135
06-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Tina - that sounds so good right now! and I hear you on the need to mix up my veggies...lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and low sodium V8 are my staples and I need to improve on this!

Dan2112
06-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey Dan - what's on the breakfast menu for tomorrow morning (Tuesday)? Just figured I'd steer you away from the breakfast burrito!

I think it will be my usual lite smoothie and fruit, with a double fiber low sodium turkey sandwich for lunch.. Maybe steak for dinner, but we'll see what the scale looks like tomorrow morning before that decision is made...

Joni135
06-05-2007, 02:15 PM
but we'll see what the scale looks like tomorrow morning before that decision is made...

and the scale said YES, you get steak tonight???

Dan2112
06-05-2007, 04:34 PM
No.. I was up a pound.. Looks like it's chicken or fish.. but I have been seriously thinking about getting Chinese (with sauce on the side)....