Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-17-2007, 05:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/209/120

Height: 5'1"

Default AHHH! Backsliding!

I have to fast after lunch tomorrow. Just ate a bowl of B&J's Cookie Dough--540 calories, ugh. This was intentional; I figured I'd eat more today because I won't be taking in many calories tomorrow, but after a week and a half of counting my calories, I'm beginning to feel like I'm about to backslide. UGH! Will it be all right that I've indulged today?
MsPacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #2  
Eyeball Checker

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Maybe counting calories isn't for you? I've tried that before and I hate it. I can't stand having to analyze everything I put in my mouth and life soon becomes one giant math problem. Whenever I counted cals I backslid soon after...maybe another route would be good for you? A diet that doesn't involve calorie counting? Also, I used to do what you did too, I would eat more to compensate if I wasn't going to be eating anything later. But that is such a bad habit to have! The way I see it, the food will be there later so there is no need to eat it now. We're on a mission!

Try looking at some other diets that don't involve counting cals, I'm doing the Fat Smash diet and I've never felt better...I love it, and I've been on a lot of diets...I've lost about 5lbs so far and I just started! (I know its water but at least the scale is moving! haha) Good luck to you! We are sort of in the same boat so I was compelled to respond...I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is 120 also
lesset01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:27 PM   #3  
You Will Get There

S/C/G: 316/316/200

Height: 5'7"

You are going to have those days when you want some sweets. It is okay to have it if you really want it. The key is to get back on track as soon as you can. This helps you from binging later on. You are probably feeling bad about eating the ice cream but remember, it isn't as if you are eating ice cream every day.
erricah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't think todays lapse will cause a problem. Get right back on plan, though.By the way all diets reccommend fewer calories, whether you count them yourself or not.I do count calories and do not find it difficult,it takes a little planning but no need to obsess over it.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

It will be all right that you indulged today, as long as you keep it at that - an indulgence today. But it's over now, so get right back on track now. Not tomorrow, not after the weekend, now. But by back on track, I don't mean to restrict to "make up for" the ice cream. Make smart choices, but basically just get back on your regular program, just as if the treat had never happened.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/209/120

Height: 5'1"

OK, I think I'm back on track today. Only 705 so far, and I'll probably top out at 1200 today (have to begin fasting after lunch today), so it should balance out. Feel better about this today. Then after I get my thing done tomorrow morning, I can go back to my averaging 1675 a day plan.

About the counting...well, I'm keeping a spreadsheet of calories consumed per day and I just want more data so I can generate charts 'n stuff. I like doing spreadsheets. *smile* I've been counting for only a couple of weeks so I should give it a month before I decide it isn't for me. It really makes me see how I've been overeating before.
MsPacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #7  

Good for you for hopping back on! I backslid so far I regained a stone and it was soooo hard to get back on track. Congratulations for taking this in your stride and not letting it ruin everything.
senorita is offline   Reply With Quote