Carb Counters - Low carb breakfast!!

View Full Version : Low carb breakfast!!

slimmingsi
05-17-2007, 03:18 PM
i have possibly the greatest low carb breakfast for someone who isn't into veg and therefore may lack in fibre. in the uk we have kellogs all bran + fibre!

a portion of this (box recommended portion) and tesco unsweetend soy milk ( i know its foul but trust me) mixed together is very very tastey you can barely taste the foul nasty soy milk and its only 3.something grams of net carbs (when you take out the fibre) per bowl and gives over 11g of fibre!

bargoo
05-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Kelloggs All Bran has been available in the US as long as I can remember, trust me I am over the hill.

slimmingsi
05-17-2007, 08:03 PM
we have had all bran for years too but this is a new version with added fibre never seen it before.

BerkshireGrl
05-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Thank you Si, I think I need to get me some of this ;) along with the soy or 'carb countdown' milk to mix in.

So far no bodily issues to speak of... but one can only go so long on 5-10 grams of fiber a day I think before things grind to a halt :lol:

Heck, 3 cups of lettuce only has 2 grams of fiber. I love my energy and blood sugar levels on Atkins but I do wonder how people don't explode after a few weeks of just that daily salad. I must be missing something, heh!

RobinW
05-19-2007, 10:38 PM
but I do wonder how people don't explode after a few weeks of just that daily salad. I must be missing something, heh!

:lol: I agree!!! So I dont eat salads unless someone else makes them for me, and thats all there is to eat! Id much rather toss most of my carb alotment veggies in a frying pan, and make what I like to call a skillet salad. No lettuce in sight. Then add a tbsp of goat cheese to melt thru the veggies :T

NightElf
05-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Fresh spinach has a higher fiber count than lettuce, I believe. If you are eating salads, might want to try just using spinach leaves. Could help with the lack of fiber issues.