Old 05-17-2007, 12:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Default Quaker mini rice cakes

Has anyone tried these? I bought a bag to try them out. I bought the Ranch flavored and they're very tasty. I'm not sure how they'll work for a snack, though, because they probably don't have enough substance to satisfy for very long. Today I used them as a "something crunchy" to eat with my tuna wrap. I really liked them in that aspect but like I said, I think they wouldn't be enough for a snack... I'm just curious if anyone else eats them and if they satisfy you for long?
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:46 PM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up

I love these rice cakes,I have eaten the chedder mini cakes and love them, but I eat them as a snack, not with food. Right now my newest addiction is the chocolate drizzle rice cake( snack bags ), they are 90 calories a bag, and satisfy my chocolate cravings. For people who are expecting these to fill them up,it might not. I eat light lunches so I eat this as a snack and some fruit, and lots of water and this feels me up fine, but like I said not everyone will get filled by these, on days I am ravenous ( TOM"S, ect), this is not enough. But they are yummy!
Try them , you might like them.
Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I am really in love with the buttery popcorn flavor packets, (90 cals). They dont fill me up at all if i am "hungry" but if i just want something crunchy, they are great. It feels like a splurge because they taste SO buttery and salty. they are great with a diet pepsi and great as a side instead of chips with lunch.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I order the mini bags of them at work.. everyone in the office loves them, including me. I get the "crunchy" craving too.. so sometimes I'll eat them around 4 when I know I'm eating dinner soonish, it takes the edge off.. but I agree, there are definitely more subsantial/satisfying snacks out there.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:39 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I don't buy the mini rice cakes, but I do buy the mini soy crisps, which are along the same lines. My fiance actually likes the barbecue flavor soy crisps more than regular bbq potato chips. They fill him up just fine, but the the soy crisps might have more protein than rice cakes. I don't eat them because I would end up eating way too many
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

They also have caramel corn flavor which is great!! It satisfies a sweet craving, but it doesn't hold you for long. But, they are good and kids love them, too!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:17 PM   #7  
Happy as a clam..........

S/C/G: 268/178/165

Height: 5'8"

Default rice cake treat

I like to have the chocolate crunch rice cake with natural peanut butter.
It satisfies the crunch and although the rice cake is nil as far being nutritious the peanut butter is a protein.
downsizer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I tried the mini rice cakes and disliked the taste & texture. However, I found brown rice crackers sold at my local Trader Joe's, 35 crackers equal 110 calories. They taste great and I recommended them to my co-workers and they love it, too.
NWGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGal View Post
I tried the mini rice cakes and disliked the taste & texture. However, I found brown rice crackers sold at my local Trader Joe's, 35 crackers equal 110 calories. They taste great and I recommended them to my co-workers and they love it, too.
Wow, I'm going to look for those! I'd feel better about the brown rice since I've worked really hard to try and limit my "white" carbs....in fact, I didn't even think about these rice cakes in that way....maybe I'll let my kids finish them off.

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #10  

Sorry, I can't stand rice cakes! Even flavored ones. I feel like I'm chewing styrofoam.

Have you tried "TLC crackers" by Kashi? They come in original, honey sesame, and ranch flavored. They're delicious, and are made from whole grains. I like them with low fat cheese as a snack.

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:44 PM   #11  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I agree with Sherry on the TLC crackers. With a wedge of laughing cow light they are awesome. Don't care much for rice cakes. When they first came out (at least 100 years ago ) someone told me to toast them and they'd taste better. They did, but the toaster shot them halfway across the kitchen because they are so light. Food and exercise at the same time!!
soiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:25 PM   #12  

I'll look at those crackers. I love everything that I have tried by Kashi. I really try and steer away from these packaged snacky items but sometimes I really want something crispy (not carrot, celery, or any other veggie) with my lunch wrap and I like to have something that is better than a chip to put with it.

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I love those crackers too!! Except they're definitely a trigger for me, they're sooo good.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:34 AM   #14  

Speaking of Kashi, I just bought bought a new flavor of granola bars from them yesterday-pumpkin spice flax. They're really good! The serving size on the box is for two bars that come in one sealed pack, though, so read carefully! I was satisfied from one bar and saved the other one.

The grocery store Acme has them on sale for two boxes for five dollars through the middle of June. Acme is owned by Albertsons markets, so there may be other stores owned by Albertsons with the same sale.

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote