Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 07:17 PM   #1  

Default ED taking over my life...

Hello all, I'm a new comer to this particular board.

I was diagnosed as a bulimic at age 13. Hospitalized at age 18, and again at 21. And for a 3rd time 2 months ago, for attempted suicide. During the last time I was also diagnosed as Bi-polar, and anerexic.

I have been over weight, I have been underweight. I have been in therapy, group therapy, and on Celexa.

Therapy is not helping. Seems the only time I am "normal" is when I have a man in my life. I'm currently divorced, and lost custody of my daughter. I was seeing someone, who in my eyes "hung the moon". He is gone, and I am at rock bottom. I am a heavy smoker, and drinker, and I am terrified of what will become of me in the next few months. Part of me says find a new man, to keep me sane, but I know this can't be the answer.

I guess I just want an email pal, or group to talk with. When I was arrested and hospitalized for attempted suicide I was taken to a state mental facility. I don't want to ever be there again... My insurance does not kick in until Jan 1, 2002 and I just need help getting through one more month before I can get in an inpatient program...

If theres anyone willing to talk, via email, private message, or on this message board, please let me know....

Nobia D
Old 12-02-2001, 02:15 PM   #2  

Default Hello old friend!

Gee nobaid, it sounds like you're going through a rough time! I sensed that when I chatted with you the other day. Please don't do anything to hurt yourself since we all care for you. Remember that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I think that you're a very strong lady who doesn't need a man. You just think you do! Don't get me wrong, I like men but they are not necessary to a woman. It's very important that you take your meds. AND EAT! I'm going to PM you and give you my email addy. You can treat me like an old cranky but caring auntie if you want. I have broad shoulders...you can lean on me!
Old 12-02-2001, 04:44 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh, CSK! I did not know this was you! I have been thinking about "Nobiad" for many days. Please take advantage of Tip's offer. She is a very sensible Momma Hen. I certainly agree with her about men - although she is much more experienced. LOL!
Old 12-30-2001, 11:49 PM   #4  

Angry

Nobiad No you do not need a man in your life right now that may only complicate things for you at this time well yes actually you do need a man but not a human man you need Jesus Christ to come into your life I don't know how this will make you feel but I know when I have big problems he's the one I take them too and somehow they always get better I will email you if you would like me too but be forwarned I am a christian and its that kind of advice that you will get from me I believe the Bible is our roadmap and thats where I get my answers from if you would like my email addy please let me know by posting on here Good Luck and God Bless Edie
Old 01-07-2002, 04:16 PM   #5  

I was on Celexa for about a year and found that it made me feel really good, even though i was on a low dosage. I was able to get off, but i sometimes wonder if i should get back on. My bulimic tendencies have been up a bit lately, even though i don't want them to be. They were especially bad around the holidays. Anyone else have this problem?? Also, let me know how the celexa is working for you Nobia!
Old 01-07-2002, 09:47 PM   #6  

The Celexa didn't really do anything for me. The first month I noticed I was alot less stressed. BUT it certainly didn't keep me from going back to my old ways, that could also have been because I was drinking heavily. I don't drink anymore.

Now that my insurance has kicked in, I've located a therapist. I saw her once long ago before my company got bought out and my insurance got all messed up. She was very easy to talk to, and I'm very much looking forward to my first appointment.

As for that "man" that I allowed to control me. He's still in the picture. He heard from a friend of a friend that I was looking to move to a nearby city, and I think thats why he came back around, doesn't want me, but doesn't want me to leave either. But thats the last thing on my mind, I've changed my number so the only way he can reach me is at work, or if he see's me out on weekends. He's been pleasant, but I'm not going to get carried away. Eventually he'll upset me, and I don't know how well I'll do in that situation.

Anyways, I'll keep posted on how things go hopefully it will be progress reports....

Nobia D
Old 01-11-2002, 06:06 PM   #7  

Way to go, Nobaid!!!!! Consider yourself hugged!!!!!
Old 02-16-2002, 07:16 PM   #8  

Talking UPDATE

I've been in therapy for nearly 2 months! I'm not on any medications... One day at a time!

I've joined a co-ed softball league. Made tons of friends. I started a 2nd job. More friends.

Last night I even had the strength to go out to my old watering hole. I sipped on a diet coke, and talked with several attractive men. I even managed to buy new clothes, nothing tight, or reveiling, so for these men to approach me, dressed as a lady, was really a ego booster.

That "man" called me on Valentines Day, to wish me a "good one" unfortunatly he has my work cell number... I wished him the same, and that was that.... GO ME!!!!!

I'm going out again tonight. Gotta see the Rodeo! Every time I get in my truck I turn on Glory Gaynors "Survivor".... Gives me a power trip that last for hours!!!!! Highly recommended!

Thanks for the support!
Nobia
Old 02-16-2002, 08:33 PM   #9  

You go girl!!!! It sounds like you are finally on the right track.
I too have had a problem with alcohol and men, and I am sooooo happy for you!!!!

One day at a time!
Old 02-17-2002, 12:33 AM   #10  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hello again all - I had posted here about a month or so ago because I had read a post that really hit me. I'm wondering how "she" is doing so if you/she is reading this......HI THERE....and drop me a line to let me know how you're doing.

Long story short.....I had been bulemic starting at the age of 16.....then......by some miracle.......was able to stop on my own when I found out that I was pregnant at the age of 29 (had been married and still am 15 years later to the same awesome guy). I TOLD him all about the bulemia and he helped me get through it all.....even though I blew up like a blimp from the pregnancy. <grin>......couldn't help that part......just my chemistry I suppose or perhaps my body protecting the baby who is now my PMSing 13 yr. old daughter. I/we also have a soon to be 7 yr. old son. I would like to invite any and all of you who need someone who has "been there, done that" with the bulemia to email me at [email protected] I'm a 43 yr. old wife and mother and have struggled with my weight since the birth of my last child. BUT!!!!!!!! I have lost alot of weight VERY, VERY slowly. I started at 217 and am now down to 170.....took about 6 months. Sometimes I would maintain and sometimes I would lose the one pound per week that I antisipated. But the trick was and still is exercise. Yes....it was VERY hard to stop the purging and the vicious cycle that we bulemic's go through.....but we can and will persevere and win the battle. There are just too many of us out there that have gotten well enough to help eachother out. There is alot of support out there and right here......on this forum.....is a great place to start. So please, if you want to......email me and let's talk. Whoever started this forum.....THANK YOU.......I believe you have helped more people than you realize.
Hugs to you all,

Last edited by PJ; 02-17-2002 at 12:42 AM.
Old 02-17-2002, 07:54 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nobiad - so glad to see you back here and posting and sounding perky! You just keep right on going, girlie!
(((((((Nobiad)))))
Old 02-17-2002, 04:06 PM   #12  

Hi Nobaid! When we chatted for a few minutes last night, I knew you were doing fine. Am so happy for you that , when DH came into the room, I hugged him!!! I told him how well you were and he hugged me back! LOL! Keep in touch!
Old 02-17-2002, 08:07 PM   #13  

Smile

HI Nobiad
I read your update and am really happy for you give yourself a big hug from me keep up the GOOD work Ask the Lord for guidance he ia always there great going girl I am really proud of you you have come a long way and I'm sure it wasnt easy
Closed Thread