Old 05-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #1  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Default Well I am moved in....

Today moved in with my 23 year old son to help him pay his bills, just moved the morning, and it will take time, I know packing was good for me, I have lost weight but will wait till saturday to mac sure any one know how to get cat hair of a sofa...... ughhhhh
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #2  

Height: 5.6

I certainly do hope you enjoy your time with your son....

Cat hair - well - if your vaccum cleaner has a brush attachment - that works or wrap masking tape around your hand (sticky side out of course), or they also have special brushes in pet stores that will do it and of course the standard lint roller brush.

If you are going to try and teach the cat to stay off of the couch - you can get a little spray bottle put water in it and everytime the cat gets on the couch you can squirt it.... GOOD LUCK!
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #3  
Almost the Big 50!

i thinkthey have been doing it to long to teach them....but i have my own room so i will die if my new tempurpedic bed gets covered with hair.....
Old 05-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Glad you're all moved in! Not a fun task, but you'll get settled in soon. As for the cat hair issue, you can also use an old hair brush. I use one with the old kind of bristles that are close together in little groups (gosh... does that make sense?). The newer kinds with the plastic bristles with the little ball at the end doesn't work as well.

Hopefully, those descriptions make sense...
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Hi, and good luck on the move. I have 2 cats, and maybe I can help with the cat issue. Personally my cats go everwhere, I look at them as part of the family. There are alot of Humane ways to keep the cat off the sofa, there are sprays you can spray by the sofa, and the cat will not like the smell and won't go up, there is also an alarm system( I am not joking), if the cat jumps on the sofa, the alarm goes off. You can find more info on these things at dr.foster and smith pet supplY( do a search for this website, I don't have the link, sorry). If you have any questions, just ask. Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:43 PM   #6  
Almost the Big 50!

Thanks girls I love these cats, but as most of you know i was super ill in my mobile, they think it was mold on the old old trees on the yard......so hope it better now....he already hit me up for 100 bucks for ram and have to go clean the old place this weekend ughhhhh
Old 05-16-2007, 07:50 PM   #7  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Glad to hear you made your move safely. I have 2 cats and cat hair is an issue with my sons allergies. To get hair off of furniture, try a damp sponge. Wipe the sponge across the furniture and the hair sticks to the sponge. If the furniture can handle being sprayed with a foam, Arm & Hammer makes a carpet/furniture foam that freshens the smell and has pet hair release built in. I use it on my carpet and the vacuum picks up more of it. Its in an orange can and I find it on the air freshener aisle. Hope it helps.

PS...My sister trained her cats to lay on one blanket on the sofa. It was folded into a square and that was the only place they could lie down on the furniture. When it got messy, she washed it and put it back. Until they got used to the idea, she just moved them there whenever they jumped up on the sofa. Eventually they got the idea.
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:40 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi CyberGypsy,

Glad to hear you got moved in. I know that was a relief. Regarding the kitties, despite what you hear...you can teach an old cat new tricks ...but it takes a lot of patience and persistance. What Nicki's sister did to train her cats has worked for me in the past. I've found that my cats liked their own special place..usually up off the floor. Create this space for them with a pillow, blanket, towel, etc. and I know you will be pleasantly surprised.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote