Old 05-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #1  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 142/137/120

Height: 5'6

Default Exercise while on T.O.

Does anyone know if it is ok to do exercise while doing the limited Take off? I was planning on starting tomorrow and doing 30 mins on the eliptical? Any suggestions?
wtbthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:40 PM   #2  

I don't know if it's "OK" to exercise during take off, but I do a shorter work out during these two days. I think 30 mins at a low intensity on your eliptical should be fine if you feel strong enough. I just got off mine and feel great. I think it helps me stay calm and focused.
mnauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:51 PM   #3  

Location: South Beacher...In the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Height: 5'9

I do exercise, but lightly, as I can get kinda headache/little dizzyish sometimes on TO, so I let those days be mellow and get extra sleep/rest.
mlmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:53 PM   #4  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Take Off never stopped me from my daily 2 mile walk on my lunch hour. It is the time for me to get away, and walk my stress away. Take Off or not. But I do make sure I save 1/2 of a LA Lite to have before the walk so I don't get too hungry or weak. Then when I get back from the walk, I eat my miserable portion of food...
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:57 AM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

I've always kind of thought that you should take it easy while on TO, in that if you do too much, your body, already somewhat starved for food, goes into "starvation mode" and starts conserving all the stuff you're trying to flush out during the two days.

When I do TO, I usually just walk, but I have to admit I've really let my exercising go out the window lately.. I really need to start stepping it up..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #6  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Dan, that's all I do, is walk, during TO or not. Do you really think I should skip my daily walk during the 2 day TO?? The walk is usually what keeps my mind off the food
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:52 AM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

No.. I think you're fine with sticking with the walking.. Walking is about as low impact as you can get but still get a decent cardio workout. My COD was more concerned with treadmilling at a fast pace or doing heavy weights...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/204/168

Height: 5 ft 8 "

I agree with Dan walking is the best but especially when on TO as you could faint if you over do it!! But dont forget the water - its vital!

UK Sarah
sar66 is offline   Reply With Quote